He's next. Convince me otherwise

He's next. Convince me otherwise.

Attached: 1520584253814.png (1366x1536, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamecrate.com/mortal-kombat-11-dlc-characters-possibly-leaked-switch-datamine/22838
youtube.com/watch?v=q657rEkgfKs
youtube.com/watch?v=XelJ4rCmBeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vVRbEvPvF7A
twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/with_replies?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
twitter.com/nanola666/status/1139918334760116227
youtube.com/watch?v=-Dt1KsRfPB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SHOULD BE GORDON FREEMAN

has better chances of being in mk11 honestly

Nah, it's going to be the Chex Warrior.

Attached: chex01.gif (320x200, 39K)

Why not both

Samsara exists

Sorry, but things are going to get FUNKY.

Attached: even now there are heroes left in man.jpg (1600x699, 90K)

nope.

Attached: 1536069751678.png (1230x1230, 631K)

Wasn't he deconfirmed by Suda51.

Wouldn't that be breaking an NDS?

probably not but would be very cool

Attached: 1555520052337.jpg (702x450, 94K)

stop being so desperate if you want to show your obscure character picks, digifag

Attached: sakidlc.png (1200x813, 1.65M)

He's going to MK where he can be as bloody as he's meant to be.

You mean NDA.

ya boilin'?

Attached: aguplush.jpg (581x581, 34K)

I'd enjoy having a non sword character. If they put in Mick Gordon music as well, them I'm all aboard desu

I just want Neku in bros.
Twewy deserves better.

Yeah, that.

hate how people define doom by doom 4
he would suit smash better because MK is too slow

Pretty sure the MK11 datamines suggest he's not getting in.
gamecrate.com/mortal-kombat-11-dlc-characters-possibly-leaked-switch-datamine/22838
If not MK, then Smash.

no, but i feel like you're gonna be in for a rude awakening if you're still deluding yourself

Attached: 1558917268313.jpg (720x576, 104K)

youtube.com/watch?v=q657rEkgfKs

Oh yeah.

Attached: ohyeah.png (917x147, 12K)

>Doomguy gets in
>Midtrailer, shown that he gets the DQ treatment with other characters, but it’s Ranger(fighting Dark Samus, Shadow Link, and Piranha Plant)and BJ (fighting Bowser, Rool, and Ganondorf)
>FS is transporting characters through different ID games (caught in Quake crossfire, attacked by a mecha-dog from Wolfenstein, and then getting blasted by all characters with their strongest weapons, with Doomguy having BFG)
>the X screen shows Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Doom, then Quake, then Wolfenstein, which all three morph into ID SOFTWARE

Oh yeah

Attached: D9UFfkeU0AAXN4E.png (1175x1200, 443K)

He's been portrayed as such since the comic.

he's "rip and tear" because of the beserk perk
not that doomguy doesn't turn enemies into puddles but the character can be done without actually turning other characters into blood piles, and MK is too slow and gay to reflect the fast run and gun stuff in Doom

>oh yeah yeah

he's in

Attached: oh-yeah-yeah-768x768.jpg (768x768, 30K)

2B is too sexual and already in Soul Calibur, so we'll be getting 9S.

Attached: who should I murder today.png (879x502, 250K)

Do you have any links to the midi music? I don't care if it's Youtube, Doomworld, or Megaupload.

Give me convincing evidence that Doomguy is next that won’t apply to anyone else.

I'm waiting for it to be Geralt

Yeah that's just it. Doomguy is a fast motherfucker. His speed and mobility can be fleshed out much more in Smash.

>cyber sleuth + hacker's memory getting ported to switch this year
>survive coming to switch next year
>new movie in theaters next year
>20th anniversary v-pets coming to western retailers soon
start coping now.

Attached: agu.gif (348x260, 3.46M)

Convince me why he has a chance in hell. And no “Bethesda talked to Nintendo” is not good enough.

Attached: AND THIS.jpg (1920x1080, 189K)

Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=XelJ4rCmBeQ

>won't be able to play as any of his digivolutions
Pass.

>all the great one liners JC has and now his face is associated with a legion of 12 year olds quoting some fortnite faggot
god damn

Doomguy or chosen undead will be next. Both are in regardless.

Attached: 961F8966-30EA-4010-BEB5-1B59776F7055.jpg (2000x1164, 486K)

>le cope buzzword
of course

Attached: 1462269801974.jpg (480x360, 29K)

i could see him having a meter that warp-digivolves him to wargreymon when it's maxed out. then omegamon can be the final smash.

Attached: aguwarp.gif (431x239, 2.07M)

Was looking through fireden archives and saw a lot of posts from before the Joker reveal saying the DLC characters were
>Joker
>Hero
>Banjo-Kazooie
>Doomguy
And then all of those posts had a random choice for the fifth character. I legit think it's gonna be his turn, which would make me really upset, because I have already sworn the rest of my Smash gameplay to using Banjo and nothing else

Smash needs a fucking quarantine board to house all you degenerates.

Pete hines hinted some nintendo fans of Doom should look out for surprising news at Quakecon in the Nintendo Power E3 podcast.
Mick Gordon posted for help on a soundtrack for a “Video Game” in January, January was the same time Grant Kirkhope was contacted for Banjo music

I'm not sure what's more pathetic when it comes to smash rosterfagging, Digifags, or Yokaifags.

Okay, that would actually work, even if it's a bit too derivative of Joker.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVRbEvPvF7A
victory theme

Then take it up with the mods.

Doesn’t that break the NDA?

Literally who?

No.

Also the factor that there needs to be a rep for the Bandai part of Namco Bandai like how the DQ fags covered the Enix part of Square Enix.

This like sooo much. I want more threads of our movie games, where I can press square to continue watching Nolan North make eggs

Doomguy and Master Chief are going to be revealed in the same trailer.

Attached: 1555959691798.jpg (2500x1515, 739K)

Holy shit, he's in

Attached: hes_in2.jpg (300x300, 21K)

*AHEM*

Attached: 1537869649861.webm (1280x720, 2.16M)

i bet you didn't even play brawl

Attached: 1552519446964.png (648x600, 553K)

I hope you choke on that gamer girl bathwater you bought

>I have already sworn the rest of my Smash gameplay to using Banjo and nothing else
I main like 5 different characters, atleast play 2 user.

As what, Doomguy's Echo Fighter? They don't even use the same types of weapons.

genofags.
/thread

We already know the full MK DLC list though

Whoops. Didn’t press square as fast, now the eggs are getting burnt. You can still press triangle to turn the stove down

negotiations for doomguy would be id/zenimax

Jokers gimmick is a cloud clone. Agumon would actually change form

Also this

Attached: AgumonVoice.jpg (1515x519, 264K)

Is Doom relevant in Japan now? I know there that was that one level pack from Japanese fans.

They already have pretty much said they aren’t doing transformations again right?

There's a lot of AT's I know nothing about, bat with large breast, robot thing, your dude with pewpew gun.
Literally who, can I get an explanation?

>Wanting a projectile based character
cancer

How's the control-scheme for Doom on PS4? Is it aids to aim or nah?

Attached: 1562182439797.jpg (750x1228, 161K)

Explain? What is this?

I lol'd.

she's next

Attached: ammy moveset.gif (1119x1094, 390K)

I'm pretty sure popularity in certain regions is irrelevant knowing Dragon Quest's inclusion.

Lol no. Its borderline banned from sales because of its gore

>fps on console

Someone interviewed the wife of Agumon's english VA and that was her answer. So Agumon is getting in but is just going to make growling noises rather than talking.

>Pete hines hinted some nintendo fans of Doom should look out for surprising news at Quakecon in the Nintendo Power E3 podcast.
This could be related to basically anything

>Mick Gordon posted for help on a soundtrack for a “Video Game” in January, January was the same time Grant Kirkhope was contacted for Banjo music
Kirkhope was contacted in January, but it wasn't until over a month later that he learned what it is that he was working on. And what's more, Kirkhope had to be extremely tight lipped. If it really was Smash then Gordon wouldn't know it was Doom until later and wouldn't put out a public request. If anything it's more likely related to Eternal as going by his twitter twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/with_replies?lang=en

It’s known, and surprisingly isn’t banned, like MK. Perhaps if Doomguy gets in, then it will be a reverse Hero situation, where it’s done to expose Japanese gamers to the Doom series and promote Eternal

>Yokaifags

Is that really a thing? Feel like almost no one has seriously mentioned that stupid cat getting in.

He was boring in both fighting games he's been a part of. Fuck off.

>9S isn't too sexual
Lad...

>muh japs

As an original fighter?

Crash Bandicoot
Leon
Doom guy
Agumon

It plays pretty well for a relatively fast-paced shooter on console. No gyro aiming like in the Switch version despite the DS4 being perfectly capable of it, but a rock solid 60fps and an optional aim assist that isn't too hand-holdy go a long way.

>>fps on console
Not shipped my PC to London yet. Apex & Titanfall have really great control-schemes on consoles.

Attached: 1562446584663.jpg (403x427, 56K)

>So Agumon is getting in

Yeah, sure.

Based as all getout.

Attached: 78413845-6B75-4865-9B96-F1BF40C3AB68.jpg (1987x1138, 608K)

Cloud's gimmick is he gets a single stronger B move every so often. Joker's gimmick is he gets a power boost with altered or completely different B moves for a short time. Agumon would be like Joker, build a meter then digivolve for a little bit becoming stronger with different attacks.

I mean it could just be for a random game. Agumon has growls in all of the recent digimon games

Doom isn’t happening you fucking retards.

>Mario fighting literally in hell fucking epiiiiic

BASED

From an on rails Japan only N64 game, pretty cool

>muh people who make the fucking game

If anything, Sakurai putting Doom Slayer in Smash would be a good way to introduce Doom to the eastern market.

Cloud is buffed when his limit is full. Its the same fucking thing

He wears shorts and keeps his ass covered.

>that don’t matter anymore since sakurai knows the US makes up a majority of its playerbase

no he wasnt

It doesn't specifically have to be hell. It can be Mars or Phobos.

>no Nebulox or Furnace
Bruh

Attached: 1560132557158.jpg (610x320, 18K)

Black marth has the same gimmick as cloud. Agumon would ACTUALLY CHANGE SIZE AND SHAPE

Stage doesn't need to be hell itself, it can be one of the installations linked to hell.

Buffed by a tiny amount and loses it the moment he hits B. It's not the same thing, dingus.

So Doomguy without acknowledging hell and without all the gore he’s known for why even include him at that point?

Exactly

Whats the sauce for this

>it has minute detail differences so its not even the same
Yeah you sound like someone that likes anime shit

>would ACTUALLY CHAMGE SIZE AND SHAPE
Too late aguboy

Attached: E6592BAE-E12B-4B6A-A7C0-ECC0B5F270C2.jpg (2481x3041, 1.11M)

Maybe it’s a transforming stage, from a DOS Styles Mars/Phobos and a Zenimax Hell

fuck off, only angsty teenagers give a shit about that generic spaceman
besides we got an actual confirmation

Attached: shantae smash.png (648x348, 207K)

Attached: Master Chief Smash bros.png (1200x813, 1.36M)

Apparently someone was able to ask her. Also the factor that if it was fake, how would they know the name of Agumon's english VA's wife?

Hell is already mentioned in smash with other games you brainlet. Besides, blood and gore makes a very small part of DOOM. He can still do all the same ripping and tearing motions without there being any ACTUAL ripping and tearing.

He’s saying he should be like Joker but he changes his entire moveset when he changes instead of the same moves but stronger. Some people are crazy delusional about how this stuff works I guess.

Can I get a template for this

You wanna know how I can tell this is false flagging?

Smash has a christian fighter and one of Ken's moves are called "Hell Wheel". Pretty sure Doom's Hell isn't hard to present in Smash.

Shantae has been deconfirmed since december.

>puts in character that only Japs care about

Attached: 主人公.png (500x1000, 365K)

>blood and gore makes a very small part of DOOM
user...

>Besides, blood and gore makes a very small part of DOOM.
THE STATE OF SMASH DORKS

BASED

Attached: 1561709872698.jpg (321x490, 22K)

The MU from Fire Emblem three houses is next. Why? Because of advertisement.

Attached: iu.jpg (640x320, 33K)

Cloud: gets slight buffs until he uses a B move which is powered-up
Joker: for a short time gains longer range, doubled power, drastically-altered moves, can use all moves as much as he wants, only goes back to normal when meter is drained

Yes, you're right, they're absolutely exactly 100% the same thing.

user, Dragon Quest has a far bigger US fanbase than there is a Japanese fanbase for Doom.

He isn't OP. There, that better have convinced you.

Do you seriously want to get BTFO again after Lucas/Mewtwo trophies? and ignoring all the playable characters with not only one but multiple spirits

considering he's big on up-close killing it wouldn't be too bad

This is a lose lose situation for everyone

>Because of advertisement.
Where's that new Banjo game and Persona 5 port?

>he gets in
>he's an Echo Fighter of Robin

Greymon would have agumons moveset but be large and heavy. That can work since they have the same shape and moves

have fun!

Attached: smash dlc template.png (1200x813, 1.17M)

Not picking Agumon as the second Bamco rep would be fucking stupid. Apparently Sakurai said that Heihachi would be too fucking boring, Tales MCs and the fags from the Souls games are just generic swordshitters, and Tamagotchis don't do shit (At least Villager and Isabelle have stuff to use for movies).
At this point he's is one of the most sensible choices

Nope.

the most iconic levels of doom are uac bases lol

>yfw both Dante and Doomguy in Kombat Pack 2

Attached: 3A7058D3-F722-4104-8309-FBCEF7539BF9.png (467x445, 382K)

>Generic swordshitter

I hate rosterfags all the swords in Smash that aren’t echoes play radically different.

Attached: FUCK.png (720x550, 906K)

You could pick any other Namco rep that fans actually have been asking for.

Have you considered the possibility that Namco isn't getting a DLC character

What? It’s true. You can seriously tell me that glory kills are the thing the whole series is known for. Use your heads.

>implying it won't be this cutie to promote SwSh
Cope.

Attached: Alcremie.png (310x272, 45K)

it's not so integral that you can't have doomguy without him ripping people's heads off
punches, chainsaw and shooting dudes is good enough

Spirits deconfirm. Get over it. Reggie even said it himself that characters new to the game are coming to smash. Shantae is not new to the game.

>he didn’t play classic doom
It was a break from all the 16 bit bing bing shit at the time, and the blood was a selling point

Um, okay? Whether or not that's true doesn't change the fact that Yuusha is in because Dragon Quest is a cultural phenomenon in Japan regardless of the fact that it's virtually unknown in the West . Clearly, Japan's taste is a huge factor.

>WAAAAH WAAAAH MUH SWORD MUH SWORDS!!!!
>but generic brawler, that’s where its at!

Like who?
And don't say Klonoa since nobody but furries ever gave a shit about him.

This is a valid point thanks to Joker. Doomguy can use whatever he can as long as there's no blood involved. He'd be pretty broken though.

Gore has been a major component in Doom even since the first game.

Thanks lad

Sakurai here, Master Chief is next. Many sorry.

Attached: p5s.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

yeah, gorey sprites that can be done without
just like snake not actually snapping people's necks

The fact that you said him for me should tell you something. Klonoa is easily the third most requested Namco character for Smash behind Lloyd and Heihachi at this point.

Attached: 6AAC9724-BF8E-46B0-BC0C-F8B0CFE6E498.jpg (3036x1536, 77K)

What does joker have to do with anything? He uses a gun that shoots magic in a cartoony way dashing and going pew pew.

Midget fire-breathing t-rex that transforms into a giant fire-breathing t-rex with a beetle helmet that turns into a cyborg version of giant fire-breathing t-rex that shoots shark-faced missiles out of it's chest and then an humanoid t-rex wearing magitech armor that shoots giant fireballs>A bunch of fags who's only abilites are hitting things with swords and sometimes throwing fireballs.

Attached: 1535829566929.png (512x512, 20K)

Except Metal Gear actual encouraged you to be sneaky and NOT kill people. Where as Doom, ever since it's inception has revealed in its gore.

NEW
GAMES
W H E N

Attached: literallywho.png (300x184, 32K)

Attached: 1562083699162.png (1980x1109, 2.22M)

Too bad the general public never gave a fuck about him. I mean Banjo Kazooie was fuck-huge when it came out to the point of there being Keebler promotions.

Not OP, but both Digifags and Yokaifags have extremely faggy as of late after "certain Pokemon news" as if to imply their shit franchises have any worth.

t. only very played Brutal Doom

>Window theory

Attached: 1561088681127.png (340x314, 249K)

Joker's gun is about as egregious as Doomguy's stuff
>"it's a toy"
smash fighters are toys too so the guns aren't real lol

How many times can you people make a thread about an irrelevant game getting a new fighter? It's getting annoying having to hide all of them. Can't even filter since none of you put anything related to SSB in your OP.

Attached: 1561466160445.jpg (670x531, 44K)

stay seething, joe.

How much sex does Joker have with Bayonetta?

>he didn’t play the upgrade to a toaster game

Attached: 043CAC72-7C32-485F-A6DA-5E3A05125D7B.png (1024x1024, 637K)

Man, when you put it that way, Agumon just sounds like a mess.

People comparing Doom to Metal gear like they are remotely the same is hilarious, metal gear was always a series that at least on some level reveled in its absurdity.

His gun is realistic as fuck. And it's also just called a fucking gun.

Attached: D--eCUeUYAEd3X3.jpg (1023x746, 132K)

Bayonetta

what does this have to do with anything about Doomguy, or are you seriously one of those retards that think Ash is doomguy

Attached: CF692AD2-B177-4BFA-8222-E2923850CAC0.png (1330x758, 220K)

That's because of Namco's shitty marketing. Also, Banjo was a series of diminishing sales.

Regardless, if they choose a Namco rep, they would go with the one fans want the most.

>A magic pistol
>An entire arsenal of gorey weapons

Like why do you even want the character if you want the game to just ignore what the character is?

If this isn't part of Aguman's soundtrack then forget it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY

Snake still kills people in his game and his Smash kit is some stuff he uses to kill people. You do actually have to kill some people in the earlier releases. Nobody is going to care that Mario doesn't turn into chunks when Doomguy shoots him as long as you have the run and gun play.

Bayonetta is all about over the top action, which is present in her moveset.

first post underrated post.

Based Doombro
fighter 4: Doomguy
fighter 5: Reimu
Fighter 6: Phenix Wright

Attached: 1534362941523.png (1000x1000, 1.57M)

>Bayonetta sexually tortures and rips apart angels in a fountain of blood and gore while obviously getting off to it
>Bayonetta straight up summoning demons explicitly stated to be from Hell in Smash
>Snake is included in Ultimate after his most recent mainline game was the darkest entry in the series, and one of the only games to ever get rated with Sexual Violence by ESRB
>Joker straight up pulls out a 9mm in Smash, and Kirby can now do the same

>Doomguy cant be in Smash! Muh blood and gore! Muh guns!!

Attached: 1547516569273.png (1629x945, 921K)

Is Treasure doing anything at all? Goemon, last of him was a cameo in Super Bomberman R, I suppose he'd get a revival eventually if Konami is willing to give it a chance like they did with Bomberman.

>Aguman
What?

It’s also about brutally murdering your enemies

>upgrade
Lmao okay

Attached: B5BE40E9-C0FC-45EA-9124-B3F15C43B4F8.png (560x560, 94K)

>An entire arsenal of gorey weapons
"Gorey" weapons? wtf he fires weapons modeled off toys

i wouldn't be surprised if namco doesn't even remember klonoa exists.

The point of Doomguy is that he's dangerously violent. That can be presented in Smash without having to show blood and guts. He can use a chainsaw as a weapon as long as it's just used to inflict damaged.

Hell ID said Doom was all about the focus on violence.

I think Treasure's last release was 2013 if you don't count Ikaruga ports.
Konami announcing they're trying to get back into vidya is a good start but I'll genuinely be surprised if they do more Goemon.

Attached: 172309.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Attached: 1541078365732.png (596x385, 118K)

fag

Hasn't Nintendo already picked the choices? Agumon would probably be a safe choice also regarding the whole "Pokemon Vs. Digimon" rivalry.

>gorey weapons
Are you retarded? The chainsaw is the only weapon to fit that description. All his other weapons are either realistic military firearms modelled after toys, or sci-fi pew pew guns.

They keep putting him shit so clearly not. The movie was only cancelled this year and he appeared in Tekken 7. Plus his costume is still present in Tales of Vesparia.

I mean.

Doomslayer would be fucking kickass, but is it even popular in Japan? now I get the whole "Hero/Banjo is popular here but how about over there?" argument but im genuinely curious, Do Japs even talk about DoomSlayer? I haven't seen a single Jap comment about him.

I honest to God want Doomguy in Smash

Imagine all the cool shit he could do. He could be a hard hitter like Ganondorf. Imagine if his final smash is Doomguy going berserk.

Klonoa is just like Geno and Waluigi; Characters nobody ever fucking cares about except memers.

It's not banned over there and has a small modding community.
Or the BFG 9000.

>yiikniggers are trying to coat tail ryanchads
YIIKES!

What fonts are you using here?

>Agumon would probably be a safe choice also regarding the whole "Pokemon Vs. Digimon" rivalry.
I fail to see how that means anything. And Nintendo has been thus far picking fan favorites with the roster as a whole sans the echo fighter, Plant, Incineroar and Joker. But even Joker got added because Sakurai wanted him in. If Lloyd and Heihachi don't happen, then Nintendo would want which ever Namco rep is next in terms of popularity with Smash fans.

A hard hitter like ganondorf with a few spacing options, sounds badass.

Let alone that they release it outside Japan.

Classic Doom has fans in Japan, and they had a community big enough to make a stellar wadpack. Don't know about nuDoom though.

Have chex

Dante in MvC3 has like 40 special moves, and they can all be used to create dope ass combos. Piss off.

The only thing this thread has convinced me of is that Namco doesn't really need another slot if Agumon is their most likely choice

I though Japs loved Doom. There's fanart and all.

I really feel like he could benefit from a neutral special that works like Shulk's Monado, but it gives him different weapons. Pistol for racking up damage, shotgun for edgeguarding, and super shotgun for killing. Something like that.

You mean like the weapon wheel we saw in Doom 2016 and Eternal?

>Agumon is their most likely choice
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA stop believing those retarded Digifags, no one gives a shit about Digimon

Attached: 4A1744B8-C138-410B-BB43-A4E321BD4E95.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Attached: You_Are_Autistic.jpg (960x960, 139K)

Precisely like that. Neutral special pulls up a weapon wheel, side special could be its primary fire, and down special could be its alt fire.

just stop this retarded shitshow, PLEASE.

Attached: 1535128304563.jpg (249x294, 13K)

Zenimax is just the holding company, Bethesda would cover it.

But nobody wanted the generic fags from Dragon Quest. Fuck, even a slime would be more interesting.

I don't care for Geko but why are you equating him with Zoomers? I thought he was a boomer pick since only SNES players (meaning 30 yr old boomers) know him

some japs love doom but relatively speaking it's not a significant amount

>no one gives a shit about Digimon
Just like how no one gives a shit about Banjo-Kazooie?

I mean, yeah, sure, but it still brings up the point that Namco doesn't really have super iconic characters. They have Pac-Man, and then a bunch of other B-Listers that people think of in passing.

Thing is that the Bandai part of the company needs a rep and Tamagotchi sucks.

Digimon games aren't all that relevant.

Banjo was a NEVER EVER like Ridley and K. Rool, and had the benefit of having most of his best games on Nintendo consoles. Was Digimon like that?

Hier ist dein Dienstplan, nigger.

Attached: Dios Mio.png (720x330, 523K)

Does it really, though? Like, do you think the Bandai part of the company cares?

every banjo game except for the first one sold like shit.

i want Dr. ivo robotnik in smash

Just like Banjo Kazooie being deconfirmed by Kirkhope, I don't believe anyone at this point.

Attached: 34324523.png (270x319, 71K)

>Digifag being this asshurt
Go fuck yourself, as irrelevant Banjo and Kazooie is, a legion of fans kept asking for him since the Brawl days, you're just one autist who keeps posting the same shitty "arguments" and images over and over again.

needs hitler (Hoi4 Rep)

>characters can’t be DLC in 2 games
Who created this shit meme?

>pot calling the kettle black

Neither has Banjo Kazooie since that shitty Ratchet and Clank rip-off nobody liked in 2008.

Pretty much the entirety of Sonic's good games were released on Sega consoles yet he got in.

Crash Bandicoot is in without a doubt.

-Regards,
Leon Chads

Attached: No Way Fag.gif (356x200, 961K)

pretty solid list, user

Attached: 1552835481473.png (926x932, 303K)

I won't, but I'd rather have Doom Guy.

>But nobody wanted the generic fags from Dragon Quest
Japan did.

The Enix side of Square Enix probably cared.

Still no moveset lol leonvirgins lose again.

Attached: 8A4602A0-2C6C-4CFB-9BE2-CA3C416B54D4.gif (422x237, 1.23M)

Attached: I'm-okay-with-this.png (379x214, 18K)

I just want Lara Croft and her big fuckin titties in my Smash Brothers game, I want her to have jiggle physics.
SAKURAI MAYBE STOP ADDING SO MANY CHINK SWORDLETS AND ADD JIGGLE PHYSICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, Chosen Undead would be so cool. Only problem is that I'd have to split my attention between four characters...

And the best selling Digimon game sold how much?

They don't, the Bandai division cares more about toys than video games.

>Souls shit
You would think you have a chance, but even with Lloyd out of the running you still have no chance.

Attached: Yuri_smug.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>le broken arm wolfe man
Chosen Undead would be the Souls rep.
Continue to seethe, lil guy.

Agreed, Crashbros have our best regards.
Artorias, You're small time

Attached: 1562477558056.png (1024x1024, 728K)

Blame Cero.

Digimon games keep being released but they go unnoticed.

Sonic was Mario's mascot rival for the best part of the 80s and 90s. They're rivalry was HUGE. Was Pokemon and Digimon's rivalry that big? I wouldn't know since I play neither, I'm just curious as to why Digimon if all things would be represented.

Am I supposed to know who the girl in your picture is?
If any anime character is getting in, it's Goku.
And that's never happening.

Doomguy isn't getting in.

The "JAPAN FIRST" shit isn't exaggeration. Banjo is an outlier and he only made it because he, and Rare in general, has a long history with Nintendo. Also keep in mind that DLC characters have to appeal to both boomers and zoomers, and zoomers only cared about Banjo as far as boomers kept shouting about him. Doomguy has no real precedent, no moveset that would be at least SOMEWHAT true to the character without being watered down garbage, no memorable stage, no spirits of importance, and is literally Minecraft Steve-tier in terms of "GIVE ME MEME CHARACTER."

I want someone like fucking Quote in first before anyone starts wishing for Doomguy, he has a pioneering role in indies gaining prominence and would be a much easier fit into Smash. I'm fully convinced that anyone legitimately wishing for Doomguy either just isn't in on the joke or is legitimately autistic and unironically believes he has more than a snowball's chance in Hell.

Attached: Quote.jpg (620x707, 53K)

Denken Sie daran, bei den Wahlen 2020 für Hillary Clinton zu stimmen.
Sie ist dran!

Nice reply

Sorry no indies allowed.

Yes.

He's the guy that will get in before Souls shit even touches Smash bros.

As someone who was a kid in the 90s, I can assure you no one gave a shit about Digimon once the 90s ended.

Any two out of Scorpion, Lara Croft, and Earthworm Jim would make me happy.

it's a multi-billion-dollar franchise, zoomer.

Pokémon and Digimon rivalry is something dumb like Star Wars and Star Trek rivalry, they have a somewhat similar sounding name, the idea might MIGHT be somewhat similar but they really have nothing to do with each other.

Sakurai was only worried about Lloyd, even when it came to Mii costumes.
Get fucked.

Attached: Sakurai.png (671x265, 17K)

Still no moveset

Attached: 3CE6AFA8-7EDF-4CEA-811D-275BAC783F4A.jpg (828x808, 494K)

Digimon is still technically a gaming franchise though.

Yikes! Imagine thinking this.

At least Digimon is still a relevant IP as opposed to Banjo Kazooie.

>Also keep in mind that DLC characters have to appeal to both boomers and zoomers
but doomguy does appeal to both

Read the rest of the post. He says it was Lloyd because getting older characters would be more difficult. And now, with Lloyd off the table due to all the DLC being new to the series, Yuri is basically a given.

>Convince me otherwise.
Okay. How?

Imagine thinking Souls will ever see the light of day in Smash.

Then why aren't any Digimon in smash?

I haven’t seen a single other pass with Ryan. The amount of salt yick generates is amazing.

Too bad Yuri is part of the same series as Lloyd.

because they haven't shown agumon's trailer yet.

Attached: 2844db2331f8c54eeb0a8e17202173c5.gif (500x377, 527K)

Build-up and relevance. Wouldn't be surprised if there was discussion about Agumon getting into 4 with Pac-Man but was put on hold due to not being relevant enough at the moment. Same thing with how Crash was possibly discussed around the time Sonic was confirmed for Brawl.

Literally only hipster boomers know of Digimon, and most of them still only know it because of the Tamagotchi toys, but the later games.

Yeah and Lloyd ain't happening because all DLC will be new to the series. but don't worry, his Mii costume will come with Yuri.

Fucking hell.
Dark Samus and King K. Rool are both American characters, and numerous spirits (Such as Shovel Knight) are too. Not too unlikely for the Doomguy.
Persona hasn't had a game on a Nintendo platform in eons, yet still made it in.
Doom has old releases on Nintendo platforms, and the new Doom Eternal is coming to switch at launch.
>Quote
Literally who?

Attached: 1562513346177.png (861x1039, 1.77M)

Attached: IT PRINTS MONEY.png (1200x844, 2.16M)

Persona Q2 came out this year. Also Diddy Kong is an american character.

Sonic got on because he has a history with Nintendo as rivals.
Snake got on because Kojima asked nicely. He then returned in Ultimate because they wanted everyone back.
Megaman got on because his classic games were on Nintendo and is from an instantly recognizable series.
Pacman got in because Namco was working on Smash's engine, and he's a classic, instantly recognizable mascot.
Ryu got on because he is a classic video game character from an instantly recognizable series, and also a new SF was coming out that time.
Cloud is the face of Final Fantasy, no matter how hard SquEniq pushes Lightning. He was a 3rd party pick on the same level as Sonic.
Bayonetta got in because they were promoting Bayonetta 2, and she was supposedly a highly requested character.
Ken got in because he's the original echo fighter before Smash coined the term.
Joker got in because Nintendo wants to promote the Switch to Persona fans, and Atlus wants to promote Persona to Smash fans.
Hero and his buddies are in because he's an instantly recognizable character in Japan.
B&K got in because he was a NEVER EVER on par with Ridley and K. Rool. Many Nintendo fans grew up with B&K.

Digimon has a sort-of rivalry with Pokemon, so it has that going for it. A lot of people grew up on that series as well. I'm not sure if there is a Digimon game that they'd want to promote right now by adding a Digimon rep to Smash.

Doomguy is a very iconic character with boomers in the West, and is associated with codifying FPS games up until Halo took the reins in the the 2000s. Doom's recent game and upcoming game are both on the Switch, so there's a reason to promote him.

>no moveset that would be at least SOMEWHAT true to the character without being watered down garbage
make a fast aggressive dude who shoots people, that's pretty true to the character

>Also Diddy Kong is an american character.
Why isn't he obese?

>Gorbandoned Mememan
Ha hah, nope. We'd get Duke Nukem before that shitter and that's a near impossibility.

Nintendo hasn't really been promoting Digimon at all lately so that shows that it's not at all that important to them.

>he thinks Agumon got discussed to be in Smash 4
Holy shit the delusion is strong

He has magic, spears, swords, shields, axes, one handing, duel wielding, and catalysts to work with. I'd love it if Sakurai gave him a down b that made him switch from sword and shield to two-handing a single weapon

He eats bananas.

>FUS RO DAH! XD

He was the nicest one

Attached: Richtofen_DE_BO3.jpg (457x749, 85K)

Lass dich nicht vom (((no moveset))) Juden im Stich! Crash Bandicoot und Leon "Aryan Sperm" Kennedy werden in Super Smash Brothers auftreten!

Attached: Crash RE2.png (410x370, 277K)

>I'm not sure if there is a Digimon game that they'd want to promote right now by adding a Digimon rep to Smash.
-Cyber Sleuth ports
-Survive
-Gamestop-exclusive V-Pets

>Edgi boi picks

Cause he's a nigger

>Gatornigger
>Trashjo
>Gorbandoned Mememan
My sides Yea Forums please stop.

>K. Rool
>Diddy
>American

Attached: 5e4.gif (500x233, 533K)

Also the factor that Digimon has a new Adventure movie coming out so Agumon being in Smash would be a great way to build-up interest with the IP.

Based German

Ich verstehe es nicht?

Attached: Capture.png (617x510, 90K)

Its going to be the yokai watch protag. Screencap this.

Attached: 1559460760494m.jpg (1024x919, 71K)

>no precedent
Made the FPS genre in his image for the rest of the 90s. Doom 4 was successful on the Switch and Doom Eternal is coming it for it too.
>no moveset
Make him fast and hit hard. Give him a gun, since Joker shows you can have those. Boom, it's Doomguy.
>no memorable stage
E1M1 is one of the most iconic first levels in a game.
>no spirits
Any and all demons from the series would be good.
>MEME CHARACTER
Like Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo?

All I did was quote the other guy you dipshit.

I'm guessing Joker's presence is acting as a mild promotion for Q2, like Doomguy would be for Eternal, then?

Sure, he was right in front in the cover of Q2.

Joker is in simply because Sakurai likes Persona, more specifically Persona 5.

>Cyber Sleuth
>Survive
>anyone caring for those games
True delusion right here

>Dark Samus and King K. Rool are both American characters
From Nintendo's biggest JAPANESE IPs. If they weren't in those IPs they wouldn't be in.

>Persona hasn't had a game on a Nintendo platform in eons, yet still made it in
Representative for SMT as a whole, and that's just if you discount PQ2 coming out on the 3DS. "B-BUT MUH SPINOFF DOESN'T COUNT!" He's on a Nintendo system. It counts.

>Doom has old releases on Nintendo platforms, and the new Doom Eternal is coming to switch at launch
This is the only argument that actually stands. While Doom is a massively important game, it's debatable whether or not the main character, who was essentially an excuse for the player to kill demons up until more recently, even deserves to be in.

>Representative for SMT as a whole
>Is just referred to as being from the Persona series in Smash

Gordon doesn't have to tell the choir its supposed to be for Smash
Also Kirkhope had a feeling it was for Smash
It was just that he didn't want to believe it was for Banjo due to the odds

Yeah Nintendo seems to be including characters from series that are either iconic or for promotion. And Nintendo has really shown any interest in digimon so i don't see it happening.

>Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo
>Meme characters
They were only meme characters because of how long it took for them to get in. They had legitimate reason to be in Smash, it's two of the main villains of Nintendo's biggest IPs and one of the fucking headliners for the N64. It's disingenuous to compare them to shit like Reimu or Doomguy.

Attached: back that up.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Doom probably isnt banned because you don't kill humans
House of the Dead got by censors by saying the zombies were just plants that looked like people

>Metroid
>biggest IP
Wait seriously? Isn't Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Splatoon, and Fire Emblem their top 5 (not including smash itself)?

At this point this and Syrup are the only ones I care about. Everyone else is in.

Attached: tVe45aq.jpg (802x479, 307K)

Or to promote not-gaming related shit.

Persona is still SMT.

Leon Kennedy und Crash Bandicoot werden die neuesten Kämpfer von Super Smash Bros. sein. Ist Ihnen aufgefallen, wie viele Leute versucht haben zu sagen, dass beide (((kein richtiges Moveset))) haben? Ich wundere mich warum? Leon, wie Sie vielleicht schon wissen, ist ein Arier. Könnte dies ein verzweifelter Versuch sein, sein arisches Image zu verfälschen, indem er Lügen erfunden hat, wie er keinen wirklichen Schachzug haben kann? Und was Crash betrifft, kann man nicht ehrlich sagen, dass er nicht einzigartig wäre! Warum sagen die Leute, dass er (((kein Zug gesetzt))) hat? Könnte es sein, dass sie gesunde Tierfiguren wie Crash einfach hassen? Ich denke schon, diese (((no move set))) Juden wollen eins und nur eins. Die Korruption und Zerstörung von Super Smash Brothers.

*has not

Fair enough. Hopefully I won't have to wait 10 years for Doomguy's meme status to get him in

Tell me one character legitimately likely to get in over Agumon.
Hard mode: No Crash or Spyro

Attached: bloodladenwolf-20-minute-doodles-agumon.png (1500x1500, 188K)

>Uses Pitchfork like a spear
Sold

Here's who I really want. I think Wright is plausible.
Honestly? I can agree with this. While I myself wouldn't mind Doomguy, I can't really see him having any sort of backing in Japan, where the FPS genre as a whole over there is unpopular. Banjo is beloved here and overseas at least, despite being more popular in the West.
Though I might disagree with some of your reasoning, I'm happy that you want Quote in. I voted for him on the ballot way back when.

Attached: 1555533493284.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Metroid is mostly bigger in the west than it is in Nipland, but it's still pretty fucking big. Not Top 5 by any means, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't at least have an idea of who Samus (or they'll call her Metroid) is unless they're just tech-illiterate or a boomer.

Doomguy simply because of his new game having more traction than the new Digimons.

I don't speak hun, could you translate it from forklift simulator manual to English please?

>Yeah Nintendo seems to be including characters from series that are either iconic or for promotion
Banjo and Joker both fit neither of these categories. Not unless they added him just to promoting a Persona 5 spin off.

Literally any character that is more requested than him.

*a-hem

Attached: 7cyu6exex8421.png (720x780, 249K)

Role already fulfilled by Villager

Too bad he's waaaaay too violent for the kiddies. As well as having been made by gajins.

Lmao

Foreman Spike from Wrecking Crew.

Who/what from?

Maybe in Smash 7

>made by gajins
HEY JACK ASS NEED I REMIND YOU ELSE WAS MADE BY GAIJINS

Attached: 1560378192194.jpg (1611x911, 897K)

>PERSONA, DRAGON QUEST, BANJO-KAZOOIE, AND...earthbound

Attached: dumb nigga.jpg (750x974, 166K)

Dude, same.

Attached: neku smile.jpg (1202x1277, 246K)

>They were only meme characters because of how long it took for them to get in
Gotta love that rewriting history.

Here are your last two DLC reps, hope you like em.

Attached: Master_Chief_Crash_Mario_Sonic.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Fuck.
I can’t believe Banjo and Kazooie have been deconfirmed, along with Ridley, and K. Rool

>Fire Emblem top 5
Lmao

This
It'll be characters from any series that isn't already represented in Smash, if the trend is anything to go by
I fully expect Dante to make it in over Porky

>direct opens
>Solaire praising the sun
>Camera pans to show a burning smash logo
>"If only I could be so grossly incandescent"
>Cut to chosen undead mid fight
>Shows off alts are different armor sets
>Solaire and Artorias are assist trophies
>January 2020 to coincide with Scholar of the first sin on switch

You got 1 out of 80+ characters that is 100% made/owned by westerners, and they are only in because they are one of the most requested characters for the game.

The real question is: Will the last two be actual Nintendo characters, or more guest fighters?

That is like saying you can't have any more platformer mascot, fighter and mages, that you can't have Banjo and Duck Hunt. There is plenty in Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons that is different from Animal Crossing, especially the tools and farming, you can make them as different as Ryu is from Inceneroar despite both being martial artists.
Pete/Jack and Claire from Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons, a series that has been mostly on Nintendo since the SNES.

At least Banjo is cute and colorful
Doomguy is too grimdark and MURRICAN to appeal to the Japanese.

Leon Kennedy

I'm gonna be completely honest, if they came back to the fire trailer from the first reveal for the final DLC reveal trailer, it would be kino as fuck.

Which Nintendo character will be even a source of hype? Dragon Quest was one of the last big and relevant Nintendo centered third parties, and Banjo was one the last requested characters. There isn't much left.

I mean, in that sense, it would make him a great choice because of the contrast. You've got the bright, goofy, colorful American thing, and then you've got the dark, gritty, action-oriented American thing. Japan gets both sides of the coin.

They can always pull a Joker and just pick a random trendy third party.

Attached: r1VdhWH.png (877x622, 101K)

Reminder that all that matters for Smash Ultimate is how much Smash fans want that character. If your character is less popular with Smash fans than their competition then they will likely not be making it in over them

>b-but Joker
Wanted by Sakurai, and unless you can prove that your character's game is as loved by Sakurai as Persona 5 then they ain't getting in.

Attached: banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate.png.jpg (1300x649, 74K)

Somebody from ARMS, Rex or somebody from an older series.

>PORKY!? OH MY GOSH IT'S FUCKING PORKY!! I FUCKING LOVE EARTHBOUND LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
>PHOENIX WRIGHT!!!! OBJECTION! I FUCKING LOVE ACE ATTORNEY LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>DOOMGUY! DOOM SLAYER! DOOM MARINE! RIP AND TEAR!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH, I LOVE PLAY DOOM WHILE BLASTING NAPALM DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!
>UMM, EXCUSE ME, BUT WE ALSO NEED MORE WOMEN! AND, LIKE, WHY AREN'T THERE ANY POC IN SMASH!?

Attached: D08Vq3aX4AE9yYD.jpg (880x1024, 162K)

There are still plenty of big third parties though.

>Wanted by Sakurai, and unless you can prove that your character's game is as loved by Sakurai as Persona 5 then they ain't getting in.
Then Rex would be getting in and he's likely not.

Rex came too late.

>He's too violent!
Bayonetta literally summons demons to devour Angels and she even tortures them in brutal fashions.
>He's Western!
Banjo Kazooie, Dark Samus, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool.
>He uses realistic guns!
Joker.

Shut the fuck up. Both of you. Each and every argument against the possibility of Doomguy's inclusion has been debunked. End of story.

Attached: 1549956122401.png (1024x939, 561K)

It seems there's two categories with newcomers, and both Nintendo IPs and 3rd parties fall under it
>NEVER EVERS
Ridley
K. Rool
Dark Samus to an extent
Banjo
>Promoting a game that just came out or is going to come out
Inkling
Incineroar
Joker, for the Persona series as a whole

What’s it like having double digit IQ?

If the remaining DLC are fan favorites, wouldn't it have been a better business decision to start those two and Banjo as the frontrunners of the Fighter Pass to give the illusion that it'll be all fan favorites?
Gotta sucker people into buying the whole damn thing
Especially since by the time they do reveal them all, the average consumer can choose not to buy the whole pass and just choose who they want specifically

Attached: 1545442750836.jpg (905x807, 31K)

>too violent
Bayonetta says hi
>gaijin
Banjo says hi, too

>anime undertale meme pic
>pro doom man
so this is the power of "doomguy" supporters

Attached: sneed.jpg (612x574, 66K)

Based

Attached: smashtravis.jpg (1200x813, 662K)

>Joker, for the Persona series as a whole
Nintendo isn't going to add a character to promote a spin off game. That would be like added a Fire Emblem character to promote Fire Emblem Warriors. Joker got because Sakurai wanted him in.

I'm just assuming since Nintendo keeps fucking pushing everywhere

We're discussing DLC characters though.
Joker is promoting Persona
B&K is a legacy/NEVER EVER tier character
Hero is both

Nice job ignoring my point dipshit. Just ignore everything I just said and go for the "well you posted anime lol" route. Pathetic.

"Why yes I do want Leon S. Kennedy and Crash Bandicoot in Smash Ultimate, Who's Doomguy?"

Attached: 1533133545238.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Pls no. It's gotta be fucking Minecraft guy

They started off DLC with Piranha Plant. They clearly don't particularly care about how fans perceive the potential DLC characters.

>2B is too sexual
>When Bayonetta exists (and is in Smash)

Attached: 1d2.jpg (500x500, 55K)

I don't think Doomguy will actually be in but that's a lot of memery

>have to appeal to both boomers and zoomers
Classic Doom and Doom 2016/Eternal
>no moveset that would be at least SOMEWHAT true to the character without being watered down garbage
already debunked, an aggressive run and gun character is very true to him
>no memorable stage
if you don't like the levels as stages you can create a custom stage using doom assets featuring all the cool shit like nukage, exploding barrels, teleporters and secret doors. it would be rad
>no spirits of importance
What is even the criteria for this?
>all the demons (there are a lot)
>samuel hayden
>olivia pierce
>doom 3 marine
>the engineer
>malcolm betruger
>jack campbell
>sergeant kelly
>daisy
>phobos and crash if you want to count quake 3, fuck bring the whole id gang in

Attached: 1447383803514.jpg (760x900, 434K)

Plant isn't Fighters Pass

>spinoff
Yeah that's why I said Persona series as a whole. But you're probably right that Sakurai just likes Persona 5

How the fuck would Leon work in a Smash trailer without looking ridiculous and fucking stupid?

>BU-BU-BUT HE'S JUST ONE WESTERN REP
get fucked faggot

Attached: 1542368220512.jpg (1073x1209, 539K)

>Ah, a fellow man of academia. I wish you well on your travels, and may we rejoice on the day both Leon Scott Kennedy and Crash Bandicoot are announced for Smash Ultimate.

Attached: Giga Chad.jpg (1080x1246, 100K)

I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck about your slack jawed opinion, you cum slurping faggot.

Another serious trailer like Simon/Richters

No, but it was also the first introduction to Smash Ultimate's DLC.

>another god damned falseflagger
you Stevians just don't know when to stop, do you

>aggressive run and gun character

What the fuck does that even mean in the context of smash? "He's fast and has projectiles" great.

Attached: japanese guy.gif (250x180, 954K)

>Bayonetta flays, tears, and gores angels (and demons) in flashy over the top torture QTEs as a central point if her games
>summons named demons from Hell in Smash
>Joker uses a realistic handgun (it's only a magic toy in the western release of Persona 5 iirc)
>hur durr Doomguy cant be in because muh too violent, muh demonic imagery, muh guns
The only thing stopping Doogmuy from being in Smash is if Nintendo and Sakurai WANT him in Smash, which we won't know until he's in or they finish the DLC without him. There is nothing else to consider.

Why do people act like Bayonetta is a so much more sexualized/violent series than it actually is? It's an action game with a femdom character played up to absurd level for shits and giggles,, it's not some super hardcore gorefest on the level of doom.

>Doomguy is just a heavier Inkling
Fuck yes give me that sweet sweet tierfagging

DUDE YOU DON'T WANNA RIP AND TEAR INTO RIDLEY AS DOOMGUY!?
YOU DON'T WANNA SEE HIM FIGHT OUT OF HELL AND KILL BAYONETTA!?
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?

Attached: soylent consumer.jpg (904x960, 55K)

He's in.

Attached: 2342424.jpg (833x576, 113K)

>This was another fighter that I received a lot of requests for – mostly from overseas. That being said, King K. Rool and Ridley were pretty fervently requested too. And as I continue to grant these requests, I can only see a future where there’s even more of them!
with sufficient shilling doomguy will happen, get on it boys

That character was Banjo, dude.

Did you forget how bloody and gory the angels get as you tear off more and more of their FUCKING SKIN with your attacks?

I wasn't implying otherwise

What character could they possiblity add that you COULDN'T strawman as a soiboi pick? At this point you probably don't even play Smash, you just want to shitpost

The point is that gore means fuck all when it comes to smash.

Don't get your hopes up for anyone else who was highly requested during the Ballot like Banjo.
If that was the case, they could've just revealed those characters first along with Banjo as the first three to give the illusion that the DLC will be focused on long time fan requests and thus entice more people into buying the Fighters Pass ahead of time.
Don't get your hopes up for the last two being both western characters.
Is it possible?
Yes
Is it likely?
Not really considering Sakurai has stated he was a bit nervous just from contacting Kirkhope to do the music alone due to the language/region barrier.
Working with an overseas developer regarding a whole playable character is a brand new experience for Sakurai and odds are he wouldn't risk the majority of the Pass going through that process seeing what could go wrong, especially given the constant communication needed to make sure the character stays true and that any changes made to accommodate for Smash must be blessed with the owner's consent.
And now before you say that Banjo turned out well, remember that the DLC was finalized last year and development on Banjo likely began this year or soon after things were finalized.
Don't expect them to save the best for last.
Nintendo's best strategy is to reveal the best earlier to sucker people into purchasing the full pass without them knowing the full contents. By the time, they reveal the last character, suckering people into buying the entire Fighters Pass means nothing since they could just choose which characters they want and don't want.
Rosterfags are picky remember.

Attached: 52470401-256-k441010.jpg (256x400, 27K)

The discord group he’s from seems to think they can just reverse any insult people have used on them, regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.

It's going to be the Witcher

Did you even read my post you dumb nigger?

>"With Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, we asked 'How could we reach people who had played Pokémon GO, for example, but never played Nintendo Switch?' With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?' If you look at the demographics of the consumers who purchased each of these titles, I?m not convinced we?ve completely overcome these challenges yet. So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths."

gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/

So this means no more JRPG characters right?

For that to happen we'd have to have mario fighting off rotting realistic corpses. Or have Leon just using his gun and knife on his enemies. Real fucking exciting.

Yeah no, somehow I think demons are more easier to implement than realistic zombies.

BOOK
CHARACTER

There are ALWAYS more hype characters. Why do you baitpost like there arent?

book character

We'd be more likely to get this guy in before Doomguy

Attached: MKX_Scorpion.png (846x1000, 1.01M)

alright then, you have fun jacking yourself off.

Las Plagas might be doable, if its RE4 Leon.

wow I have that same image. excellent taste

Attached: mn.jpg (446x336, 26K)

Pretty please?

Attached: earthworm_jim_render_by_nibroc_rock-daci59o.png (4000x4000, 3.69M)

Sounds dumb

Would honestly be okay with that

Chosen Undead is my other choice as well

Attached: yolo.png (662x655, 399K)

based otis poster
you know what they say: don't count your chickens before they hatch

Attached: 1445728768651.gif (244x156, 616K)

Banned in Japan

Just got back from the dead months ago

*SWISH*
HEY PLUMBER BOY MOUSTACHE MAN YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE HAS ARRIVED

Should I buy this game? I'm interested but no physical release is lame

"yes, all three of us would like the chosen undead to be in smash, how did you know??

Attached: 1559940016653.jpg (1357x960, 314K)

>Ryu vs Scorpion

Attached: F0001792-9A4A-49D5-B893-EDFD0A2B21C8.jpg (1024x576, 59K)

Crash is obviously in

Why would they EVER choose banjo and not choose crash

Just having gore is not the only problem you ninnies. Doom first and foremost was designed to be gritty and serious, and the blood and gore serve to reinforce that with how extreme they are. it's an issue of theming, Doom has no character so he's defined by the elements of his game. Bayo is a femme fatale type with silly weapons like foot guns, it's easy to translate her into Smash and have a cohesive character that doesn't just grunt and shoot guns.

Based

JESUS CHRIST NO. Those things are too terrifying for Smash.

Imagine if we got both Doomguy and Scorpion in the same announcement. Two bloody, violent western games are the last two DLC for Smash. That would be hype.

>all these bullshit reasons why he can't get in

I think we need to come to terms with the fact that there really is no criteria for a character getting into smash other than being a video game character from a somewhat well known franchise. I'll admit the excessive violence/uses guns argument is somewhat valid reasoning but characters like Snake and Bayonetta made it in so it's not like he's never-ever tier.

Attached: doomwaistcoat.jpg (611x675, 432K)

For me he would top both but it will never happen

Attached: 986B88B4-F0ED-4D43-B497-FA630B9890F4.gif (216x429, 44K)

He's suggesting that all of the datamining in MK11 has been accurate and that Doomguy is not gonna be in MK11.

Slayer is defined in the nu games as being cartoonishly brutal and over the top and pissed off. That can fit into smash

>Doom first and foremost was designed to be gritty and serious
No. It was just deigned to be violent. Not serious. If it were we would be getting shit like Turkey Puncher or the John Romero easter egg..

>Just got back from the dead months ago
Like how many other characters already in Smash?

Chell from portal

Give me ONE reaaon why she cant be in. She has been on nintendo systems

splatoon outsold the FE series with just 2 games, which is crazy when you think about how many FE games there are

Attached: 1550951522825.gif (328x240, 1.97M)

nuDoomguy, aka Doom Slayer, has characterization though. He hates demons, he hates people who deal with them, he hates seeing innocent people die because if the hubris of people who think they can control demons, and he likes cute things. He's cold and brutal and unrelenting in his attacks, and that would work well into Smash.

Fucking ARMS even sold like 40% of the entire FE franchise with one game. No reason for that sword trash to be in

>What is exportation?

She's been on Nintendo games?

Yes. Portal has a bridge construction game on switch and Chell herself is playable in lego dimensions on switch

Her taunts would be Wheatley, Space Core, Fact Core, and Adventure Core popping up from behind her and saying things. Her Final Smash would involve GLaDOS dropping down and unleashing a cloud of neurotoxin (imagine Piranha Plant's poison cloud, only EVERYWHERE).

>Namco's face when somebody mentions Klonoa

Attached: hehe.png (252x367, 80K)

It was easy to censor Bayonetta. You cover up 2B's ass and you remove everything about her that's recognizable.

random trendy thing

Yeah he owned a pet rabbit for fuck sake. ID never took Doom serious and that's genuinely a good thing. He'd fit right in with the smash crew.

>Doom first and foremost was designed to be gritty and serious
Did you just use the wrong words? That's like calling South Park gritty and serious lol

>add Marth and Roy in Melee
>people in the West just learn about the series
>add Ike in Brawl
>people finally buying their games
>add Lucina and Robin
>finally, after years of pushing, FE becomes relevant in most Nintendo communities
>one game abut squidkids come it on a dying console
>FE instantly BTFO

You finally understanding this?

they absolutely do now
that's why he's called the "Slayer" now and every lore entry has to cream themselves when talking about him

yes. its really good, but pretty easy. Its artstyle lends itself to longevity so it still looks pretty good for a game from 2006

I hope Hero drops this day

Attached: download (8).jpg (318x159, 9K)

I just looked it up. Why the hell does nintendo keep shilling FE when it sells like dogshit? Just kill the franchise. Other series deserve those resources

I mean obviously Crash

Doom guy amd the others all have reasonable counterarguments but Crash is just utterly perfect for Smash. Theres nothing in his way. Just add him already

Dude, even a Nip MK fan lamented the series' lack of popularity in Japan

No, I get it you all are babies that weren't around for Doom but at the time it was being played 100% straight.

why can't you fags stop acting like hes a lock? hes been my most wanted since brawl but im not going to deepthroat myself acting like hes confirmed in when hes not. getting yourself excited and uber confident just leads to sadness. until i see a trailer hes going to continue being a pipe dream of mine

splatoon was one of the only games that kept the wiiu alive. it was practically its life support alongside smash

Attached: 1560274757834.jpg (1124x711, 153K)

He still canonically owned a pet rabbit and only has it out personally for Hell because they killed said rabbit, and also he fist bumps toys made in his image. Toys manufactured by the evil sci-fi corporation that's dealing with Hell mind you.
Doom is a goofy series.

Yeah why would they support a franchise that has been growing massively in the past few years and has low development costs I wonder

Forced isnt the same as growing

>they absolutely do now
yeah that's why they let him do shit like this.

Attached: fistbumpdoom.gif (500x281, 3.86M)

Banjofags should be fucking relieved he got announced the same day as Hero given all the conspiracy theories they pulled regarding Brave

twitter.com/nanola666/status/1139918334760116227

Attached: D9HNrgbUwAAzERO.jpg (2048x1423, 503K)

It's only growing because they keep pushing it via Smash since Melee. Compare that with Splatoon which was a brand new IP with no pushing on other franchises whatsoever and did massively popular globally.
FE is popular now through years of forcing it down people's throats and waifufaggotry.
Most other big name Nintendo IPs got big on their own merits.

>growing massively
Even with gachashit and whales FE still isn't one of Nintendo's top earners.

I'm not against Crash but I feel he'd be the bigger risk of Western miscommunication given Activision doesn't have a Japanese HQ and rely on other publishers to sell their games in Japan

lol nice try faggot, the excuse plot of Doom was never "serious" or "gritty".

Crash is massively popular in japan. There'd be no issues

>growing massively
It's selling more than it did before but I wouldn't call it massive.

spotted the flemoid

I meant communication with Activision
Sakurai feared the language barrier

The next fighter will be Master Chief, and the last will be Viva Pinata along with an announcement for a new Viva Pinata game coming out on Xbox, Switch, and PC.

>Another fucking anime Swordsman.
NO!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.17.45 PM.png (882x555, 959K)

No problem with the language barrier. The fact he'd have to deal with Activision is the problem.

That's all it needs to do for Nintendo to see a growing franchise worth keeping around.

>we need to kill FE because I don't like the characters in Smash :(

John Romero and 90s Id Software never did anything that wasn't tongue in cheek, ever. Doom is partly based off of Evil Dead, for Christ's sake. He had a fucking rabbit named Daisy and its death is what motivated him to continue fighting Hell.
Doom is not gritty.

Nope. Activision is cool with nintendo

>Serious and gritty is exclusively referring to the plot and not the presentation and setting

Zoomers gtfo seriously, do you guys seriously not remember soccermoms and religious groups getting mad about Doom?

Why doom guy and not Gordon?

Do you honestly think Sakurai or modern day Nintendo cares what they think?

Are there readily available speakers of the Nip language at Activision?

>keep pushing your characters in someone else's game series
>add waifufagging as a mainstay series mechanic to bring in the lowest of the lowest common denominator
>start doing fucking mobile gatcha, as if the above wasn't low enough
>This series is rightfully successful actually, you're just mad because of Smash.
>still lose globally to a 4 year old franchise with two games about squids

i mean splatoon is so big they made a theme for it in tetris 99 before something obvious like dr mario
youtube.com/watch?v=-Dt1KsRfPB4

Attached: 1554791162087.gif (330x190, 2.85M)

If he isn’t added to the game as a spirit by July 27th (30th anniversary of Mother), it’s fair to assume he’s either a DLC boss or a DLC fighter. There’s no other explanation for his exclusion past that date.

I'm not so sure about that. The new FE likely cost more to make. If it doesn't sell well, they might shift away from FE.

The crash games came out in japan so obviously

>Le FE only survives because of Smash meme
Because Smash made people super excited for Dragon Quest, right?

What a fucking retarded pick. I mean, not even in the ball park of possibilities.

Screen cap this. I’ll sacrifice my first born son to a flock of geese if this nobody gets in as a playable character.

No you retard, I'm telling you at the time and the legacy Doom has is being a highly controversial game, violent game with satanic imagery that was incredibly popular in spite of the moral crusaders of the time. People are trying to retcon it like it was some over the top thing being played up for laughs, it was a game about killing demons""ironically over the top" wasn't even a common thing then.

Sakurai said on the Brawl Dojo that a lot of people requested him for Brawl.

>New Smash Trailer
>Pokémon trainer fighting Mewtwo in a desert
>Mewtwo suddenly have to upper hand but Charizard used Fire Blast to knock Mewtwo out
>Pokémon Trainer emerges victorious and ready his pokeball to catch Mewtwo
>Suddenly, two mysterious figure walks toward Pokémon Trainer and Mewtwo
>One of them spoke “Tai, what kind of digimon are those?”
>Tai responds, “I don’t know Agumon, they sure are powerful. Let’s join the fight!”
>Agumon and Taichi joins the battle!
>Agumon and Taichi battles different smash characters and showcasing their attacks and the ability to digivolve into Greymon and MetalGreymon
>Back to Mewtwo and Pokémon Trainer, they are ready to unleash their ultimate power
>Mewtwo mega evolved to Mega Mewtwo Y and Pokémon trainer ready his Pokémon
>Agumon and Taichi ready themselves
>Tai readies his digivice and his crest of courage
>”Agumon, warp digivolve to!” A silhouette of Wargreymon behind Agumon appears. And then the Smash Logo appears.
>Available Jan. 2020

It only survives because of self-inserting and waifufaggotry.

So basically you're conflating over the top violence and controversy with "serious" and "gritty" because you're dumb.

That was 10 years ago

what even is agumon.
they would pick a better rep like renamon

His history with Nintendo is a largely negative one, which is worse than having none like with Joker

Just a quick reminder that Digimon has 4 games coming to Switch

Agumon is IN

DOOM was never designed with gritty seriousness as its main point, it was made with over-the-top violence in mind. This arguably goes both for the new and old iterations, as they both take their time to have some tongue-in-cheek easter eggs and don't shove the plot down the player's neck so much as the main point of the game, over-the-top violence.

As for characterizing that in Smash, it's not even that difficult. Look at Ridley - he hasn't done anything rivaling Doomguy in terms of gore in his games, but he's designed with a brutal characterization in mind (command-grinding opponents across the stage, crumpling opponents by knifing them in the gut, etc.)

Characterization of extreme violence honestly isn't too hard to do in an inherently cartoonish game.

>without all the gore he’s known for
Have you ever played a Doom game that wasn't 2016?

DQ broke past 1 million in the west before FE did, not counting the typical 4 to 6 mi sales in its own homeland. Not comparable at all, very different circumstances.

Retarded waifufurfag