2019... I am forgotten

2019... I am forgotten.

Attached: 220px-Sekiro_art.jpg (220x275, 23K)

>game has to be constantly discussed

Good.

Eh. I got it. It's fun, but I'm burnt out on souls style games. Have been since DS1

>story focus
>no character customization
>no weapon variety
>only 1 active weapon skill
>only 3 active gadget
>block/counter spam combat that doesnt really evolve, just gets faster

Theres barely any reason to replay the game after you get the 2 different Ishin fights. I played it to NG+2 and completely stopped. I loved the game but seriously what were they thinking with a story focus, it added almost nothing and wasnt worth sacrificing gameplay variety

It was fun but there's no pvp to keep the game alive like the other souls games and japan is a much less interesting setting than Medieval or Victorian europe

its a single player game bitch

the only game I enjoyed this year , I can't find anything fun to play

Attached: 448421239.jpg (728x850, 52K)

I liked RE2 and DMC5 aswell as Sekiro
if you haven't, you could try those

Did the two stage ishin fight and I'm tempted to agree. There is something really cool and pure about the raw speed of the game and being forced to just clash.

But like you say the game doesn't evolve, it just gets faster and punishes you more for small mistakes. I enjoy it but can't say it is something I'd do again and again.

>Japan is a much less interesting setting
We haven't had games in oriental setting in quite a while. Medieval European aesthetics are also the most generic setting you can make for a dark fantasy game.

>enjoy game
>replay it because you enjoy it
Why can't zoomers comprehend this?

Doing block, attack, block, attack, block, attack with the exact same moveset, weapon, skills, gadgets and enemy patterns just doesnt interest me. The variety of gameplay in Bloodborne was also somewhat low, but I played it for over 900 hours. In Sekiro, there is zero variety whatsoever. The block attack block attack spam you do at the start is the exact same thing you will be doing against the final boss - just faster that time. Its just plain boring and repetitive after a couple hours.

Bloodborne had much bigger variety of movesets but the gameplay is still less than what you’re doing in Sekiro, often by a lot. Sekiro made me realize that the Souls’ games and BB are much less how complex they are and more how punishing/hard they can seem - on top of having really cool worlds to hang around in.
Elden Ring is going to be boring as fuck if it doesn’t have a cool answer to how Sekiro’s combat plays - besides just having dress up.

>doesnt interest me
And that's the crux of it. It doesn't interest YOU. Stop pushing this shitty meme that the game is suddenly unplayable after one playthrough because YOU didn't find the gameplay at satisfying.

this

Sekiro isnt complex at all though. You block, counter and jump or dodge towards depending on the unblockable attack. The whole game is just a massive skill check that constantly tests your memory instead of your technical skill.

Literally every single encounter in Sekrio is either 1 hit kills with stealth, block and counter spam, or block and counter spam with unblockable countering. It has less to do with learning your weapons movesets and the time it takes to do animations, how much stagger they have, how much reach they have, what resistances enemies have etc etc etc.... but more of remembering what that particular attack needs to be countered wíth. And that is extremely boring, especially coupled with the zero variety issue

The difference is that nobody respects the medieval european aesthetics, you see plenty of games with knights in shining armor fight aliens or lovecraftian monsters even though they have nothing to do with medieval european fantasy. With japan's setting, everyone tries to respect it too much so it always ends up being the same.

>constantly tests your memory instead of your technical skill
Memory and pattern recognition is a skill you mong. Just because you're not making hundreds of inputs a minute like in a game like DMC doesn't mean it isn't skill based.

Souls games aren't action games, they're adventure games, so sacrificing a bit of gameplay complexity for more RPG is okay. Sekiro literally only has the action going for itself.

Tips for sword saint? I feel like i'm too scared of him and end up choking half the time.

Yeah, no shit sherlock. Its as if me expressing opinions means that those opinions are in fact my own.
Im not claiming objective truth here for fucks sake, im just explaining why me (and apparently a fuckload more people) lost interest in the game.

It has no replay value beyond one boss being locked behind a different ending, so naturally it won't be talked about as much. That's on top of it being more straightforward and mechanically shallow than any of the Souls games or Bloodborne.

It's a skill, but it's not skillful like making strategies, adapting on the fly or having proper reaction times.

How far am I if I beat the Folding Gimmick Monkies?

Attached: Minkie.png (423x372, 27K)

it's a bland game by a dev team that knows they could shit in a bag and ship it to you and you'd call it a 10 outta 10 while consuming it. It's just a hack and slash rpg lite with high damage input low damage output and they've made games under this exact model for like a decade.

they're a one trick pony who seek to please normies who think that beating call of duty on veteran makes them gods of gaming.

True, but spamming R1 L1 R1 L1 R1 L1 R1 L1 R1 and then LS up X isnt exactly compex. And once youve learned it and played through the game, theres no reason to do it again. At all. If you enjoy R1 L1 R1 L1 and the occasional unblockable counter, fine by me. Its just too repetitive and boring.

Phase 1: it's just Genichiro, run away from the mortal blade and be aware of the regular attack that can come out after the jump
Phase 2: the fight is slower than you'd think, concentrate on parrying and when he sheath, run towards him he'll do a quick bash you can parry and then jump afterward, you should have no problem with phase 1 and 2 outside of RNG with genichiro's jump
Phase 3: play defensively, punish his jumps with back attacks, concentrate on lowering his health more than his posture to break his posture regen, and when its low enough, you can still play defensively and his posture will break eventually
Phase 4: same shit as phase 3 but use lightning for free damage when it happens

still in act 2 if you haven't gotten the other 2 things
after you get all 3 things there will be a boss on top of the castle that opens up act 3

Oh and also sprinting is the best tool you have against Isshin's shockwave attacks, don't try to dodge or jump them or you'll get wrecked, sprint away from the circle or perpendicularity to the vertical slice

You can do those pretty early or pretty late. Depends on who else you’ve beaten.

>Bloodborne had much bigger variety of movesets but the gameplay is still less than what you’re doing in Sekiro, often by a lot. Sekiro made me realize that the Souls’ games and BB are much less how complex they are and more how punishing/hard they can seem - on top of having really cool worlds to hang around in.
I feel like you totally missed the point. Souls isn't more replayable because it has deeper combat, it's more replayable because it gives you a character you can build with many different options to play the game differently each time. Bloodborne has this too. Sekiro might have skill points and equippable attacks but for the most part nothing about the combat changes when you play it again.

You can say this about BB and DaS, or other action adventure games like OoT. There's more to games than their fundamental mechanics.

shut up cuck go back to getting hyped about star wars on riddit.

>present personal opinions as if they're facts
>"w-well it's just my opinion!"
About half way through I'd say

Alright
Last miniboss I fought was that Terror Shaman underground, I think.

Is he the best FromSoft final boss? Either version. His theme could be better though.

Attached: E6F0A610-3F56-4D07-A8C5-DC090E0C14CA.jpg (1080x1350, 115K)

What? His vertical slice can easily be sidestepped and his circular slice you can just jump over.

Yeah going back to Souls after Sekiro is tough. It just makes the look rolling around in circles seem so silly. Boss fights feel so easy now. The one thing I do prefer about Souls though is that its more difficult to just run past enemies to do a full item clear. Sekiro counters this to extent though by combat locking upgrades behind minibosses.

Also, I highly recommend people give Sekiro at least one extra playthrough so you can utilize all of the skills and prosthetics. They get pretty effective by the end and really allow you to try knew things.

Nah, I think he's super generic. It's just another old man who is secretly super strong. It was cool with Gehrmen, but now it's just too often.

Demon of Hatred would have been a better final boss.

I enjoyed the story, honestly. The voice acting in Japanese makes the characters pretty good
If you were playing it with an English dub I weep for you. Anyway, a story focus and a more linear feel makes it less of an annoying slog through a million corridors like dark souls. They are different games and Sekiro is the superior one, even if the content is lacking. They were too busy on elden ring

You really, really cant though.

In BB you had 20+ weapons, each with 14 unique attack animations with different timings, damage and reach.
Then there was guns/cannons/sprays and arcane arts
And hell, Dark Souls 1 had like 100+ weapons with variation in between and special weapons sprinkled in. Then you add magic, miracles, pyromancies, shields, bows, crossbows etc etc etc

Sekiro has 1 katana, 1 attack skill, 3 gadgets (a lot of which are situational and often useless against a particular enemy) and some throwing items. And thats it.

Nothing, NOTHING fundamentally changes about the core gameplay no matter what you do in terms of skills and character upgrades in sekiro. You will still be block and counter spamming from beginning to end.

Sounds like you’re about halfway though the Shichimen Warrior can be fought whenever as well. Enjoy the ride.

I only fought the true end version, is the shura version particularly different? I beat him on my second try though which felt pretty underwhelming. With how the cutscene of his appearance started I was expecting a form of Genichiro with additional arms sticking out of his back.

LITERALLY DAILY FUCKING THREADS WHERE HOPELESS SHITTERS ARE STILL -STILL- STUCK ON BOSSES.

We can’t forget about you because you keep shilling your game fromsoft employee

SS version is yeah

keep going and jump down that hole
also explore the valley behind the castle if you haven't already

Are you actually that retarded that you need giant signs on top of peoples heads to realize that what they are typing is their own personal opinion? My opinion right now is that youre a retarded cunt who needs to learn how to read.

Your approach in DaS is dictated by your build, if you wear heavy armor you have to play with poise but slow stamina and slow rolls, if you use a spear it's good for outranging attacks but bad against multiple enemies, if you spam roll and never think about shields you can get fucked by quick enemies, etc. Nioh does the same shit, but actually puts layers of complexity on top of it. Sekiro's 1 weapon approach and emphasis on multiple enemies annihilating you severely limits that, because there are less situations or variety built around in play.

You get the same result, but with zero risk. Unless you count the jump doing posture damage.

>secretly super strong
Isshin's strength was no secret. Throughout the game you're constantly told about how he's a super strong warrior.

Yes, both variants. The intensity of the flame duel as he tries to stop you from becoming shura is incredible.

Dark souls has no linear build variety but you spam the soulless roll infinitely fast enemies dark souls 3 pander dark souls 2 pvp

Behind Ashina Castle?

>(a lot of which are situational and often useless against a particular enemy)
More like useless against 90% of enemies if not useless entirely. They should've significantly buffed them in general, stuff like the axe does pitiful damage for how slow it is and it's useless outside of the shield guys who you only see like 3 times in the entire game. The spear is even worse. The shuriken is good for a few weak enemies and that's it, and the umbrella is only worth using against the demon boss. The flame vent was the only one I found useful throughout most of the game.

And in Dark Souls and Bloodborne you dodge and abuse i-frames from beginning to the end, regardless of what weapon you use.

did you have stroke user? what the fuck

Thanks mate i'm going to try to beat this faggot once and for all.

>Dark souls has no linear build variety but you spam the soulless roll infinitely fast enemies dark souls 3 pander dark souls 2 pvp
In english, please?

If you're saying that spamming roll is best against everything, then why does everyone complain about the hatchet slaves or corvian knights in DaS3, enemies that are completely trivialized with a medium shield on which they bounce their attack, giving you a free opening? Same shit with Blackflame Friede, completely trivialized by a medium shield.

yeah

>Isshin
>secretly strong
He’s hyped up the whole game as being a master swordsman. Though yea the old-man-that-regretfully-fights-you trope seems to be a favorite of Miyazaki/FromSoft. I think I like Isshin more than Gwyn or Gehrman because his fight really makes you embrace the flow/rhythm of the game if you want to win. He’s also a bro.

Though I’m biased since I think Miyamoto Musashi is cool as hell.

Wrong, in dark souls you dont have to. Shields, armor, poise and armor upgrading all existed and actually mattered.

Also nice of you to dismiss all that and grasp for one thing common in the other souls games, with "but muh dodging" Its literally the exact same in Sekiro, only with block spamming. There isnt even any special timing required unlike dodging, spamming block works extremely well and you barely have to time it at all in Sekiro.

Cool, I've kinda been jumping around places and getting lost but that's the best part.

>rolling around like a retard is more engaging then a duel between swordfighters and giant apes
the absolute state of soulsbabbies

>Same shit with Blackflame Friede, completely trivialized by a medium shield.
Dude, what? In her first form maybe, but in the third form she'll rape your stamina if you try using a shield against her.

>actual timing and gameplay variety compared to block spamming and 1 single katana for 40 hours
Yeah no, you can have Sekiro all you want bro. Go right ahead.

>Dude, what? In her first form maybe, but in the third form she'll rape your stamina if you try using a shield against her.
If you have 40 END and a fully upgraded shield, you can easily block her combo until she delays an attack, then just spam R1 in her face. You don't need to block her entire combo, just until the delay which is your opening, she gets no hyperarmor in that attack.

He is literally the hero of Ashina, who we see set the stage during the first cutscene where he kills the Shogunate General.

DMC5 isn't fun the way Sekiro is fun. Unironically Sekiro carries on DMC1's spirit better than 5.

I’m saying the infinite stamina i frames gankers first half of dark souls 1 every souls game has bad hitboxes dark souls 2 is underrated sotfs fixed dark souls 2 your first game was dark souls 3 demons souls

>40 hours
Does it really take people that long?

If you were block spamming instead of actually timing deflects you are:
1. Bad
2. Never heard of kuro's charm
3. Probably got filtered early on and subsist on whining on boards.
Block spamming also doesn't work with multiple enemies or a lot of bosses who will punish your poor timing or fuck up your posture, especially on ng+++

Good thing DMC5 requires literally none of that even on DMD because the game is so easy.

What's the average time for the first palythrough? I think I have over ten hours so far.

I'm on my 3rd play through and still going strong. The better you get, the more fun it is. Everything coming together and you beat the fuck out of a tough boss is so fucking satisfying. GOTY so far for me.

Attached: 1553787039182.jpg (400x400, 42K)

its around that if explore the entire map and look for all hidden shit

I'll admit that playing on NG without Kuro's Charm + Demon Bell makes the game more interesting (though somewhat retarded with the umbrella still taking chip damage from bullets), but you have to already beat the game to get Kuro's Charm option. And NG+ is irrelevant, all Souls games have bosses doing more stamina damage on blocks or more chip damage if you don't have a 100% shield on NG+.

No idea what the average is but it took me 31 hours for one playthrough with the Wolf an heroes ending. Had to look up four prayer beads and one shinobi tool I was missing at the end but that's all, everything else was blind.

What does the demon bell even do? Feels like nothing’s changed

>Demon of Hatred would have been a better final boss
I liked him too but that would have been awful, he's practically a Bloodborne boss. It's good to have him, but making him optional was the right call

My first playthrough was around 25 hours (got Shura ending, didn't know about Owl 2). The main thing is how you have to explore to get the prayer beads, the gourd seeds, upgrade materials for your prosthetics and killing mobs for skill points.

My interpretation is that Kuro's Charm gives more health and damage to bosses while also allowing chip damage on blocks, while giving you 20% more skill experience on kills. Bell Demon does the same thing without chip damage, but I think it makes the parry timings tighter, while giving you 20% more gold and item drops on kills.

And also gold on corpses to buy important shit

It still remembered in my memories nonetheless.
Legitimately one of the greatest games i've ever played.
I haven't felt this type of pleasure in playing a game since the 1996-2005 years of gaming, which for me are the golden era of gaming.

Due to the lack of customization i thought i was going to dislike it, but ended up loving it more than Dark Souls.

I thought Demon Bell just made it like NG+?

enemies do more posture and regular damage also loot drops increase
kuros charm is the actual difficulty modifier since every enemy does chip damage if you block and your posture meter is smaller

Same here. All the souls games seem so slow and basic in comparison. The combat set the bar really high for me.

Attached: 1553783473594.jpg (1024x692, 62K)

They hit your posture harder.