FFXIV new expansion scores the same as WoW TBC & WOTLK

Holy shit, how will Blizzard respond to this?

Attached: metacritic mmos.png (504x935, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bh70yi/anyone_know_the_crystal_server_ip/
youtube.com/watch?v=3tEj1QW8mLw
youtube.com/watch?v=1waVSu4adDM
youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM
youtube.com/watch?v=oMqHchMiIdU
youtube.com/watch?v=GOSoIX3eZJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ds0N4TZRSNE&t=486s
youtube.com/watch?v=EvWH1KKOsoY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNstdF54ypo
youtube.com/watch?v=fXyH27S_y24
youtube.com/watch?v=jd1r3n4HKOo
youtube.com/watch?v=Eutu8EXcmk0
youtube.com/watch?v=8G4QgQ1pUlA
youtube.com/watch?v=eBkt8Z4vnXc
youtube.com/watch?v=e4Q9uF5HGMc
youtube.com/watch?v=sZocF5j1iA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By having no negativity allowed in their dojo office.

Attached: 1248214872.jpg (1813x853, 444K)

Congrats to the Japanese developers I guess.

FFXIV SUCKS, BFA IS STILL THE BEST GAME OUT THERE, WHY WOULD YOU PLAY ANY OTHER GAME WHEN BFA EXISTS

Attached: asmonbald.jpg (231x218, 5K)

BAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEED

Why does this guy bitch 24/7 about WoW but still subscribes and plays the shitty modern version of the game daily? For like 8 hours straight

TWITCH VIEWS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS BRO. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS WHEN JUDGING A GAME.

Attached: zoomers.jpg (1184x1136, 280K)

Source on WoW dipping below 1 million?

their idea is releasing an inferior version of wow in a few months

Simple answer is usually the best: he gets paid to.

Blizzard obviously won't admit it officially because it looks bad for PR and shareholder investors. But with API leaks and parsing the WoW armory its obvious.

Attached: api.jpg (611x337, 65K)

There isn't one, as far as anyone is concerned XIV and WoW have the same number of subs. Neither game reports them and XIV only recently broke 1 million registered accounts.

Maybe they're not watching someone play the game because they're busy playing the game.

Shhhh you're not supposed to mention that SWEATY

Do you think his viewership would die if he didn't play WoW all day?

>muh metacritic
Imagine being this braindead

stop it, this is toxic. Blizzard frowns upon toxicity.

He already tried

>Muh shitty dead game

Didn't he have a mental breakdown or something when he played Souls?

I don't watch that fag

It's so dead it's still rent free in your mind

>Metacritic
lmao, who fucking cares? Shadowbringer could have a 30 rating, or WotLK could be even lower than 30, and that wouldn't take away the fun or strengths of the game.
Who fucking cares about stupid rating? No one but shitposters.

Retards send him 10k+ a month to play shitty BFA, thats why he went crawling back after going on a huge rant about quitting

I bet they regret letting Ghostwalker and Metzen go.

Better free than $15 a month.

Isn't that what you pay for your weeb wow ripoff?

$13 for regular people
$10 for people that sticked with 1.0

I see everyone using the '1 million registered accounts' interchangeably with 'active subs.' That number is registered accounts, since launch, including all the free trails. The active sub numbers are nowhere near that. Not saying WoW isn't cratering atm, but people are giving ffxiv way too much credit.

I do, and I get actual rewards for it unlike WoW.

wow ripoff that's infinitely better than wow

What the hell is going on at Blizzard? Their stock dropped by half in just a year, BFA is a highly panned expansion , Overwatch is killing itself by banning their esports players and removing the fun, Diablo is reduced to a mobileshit game, Heroes of the Storm is now in maintenance mode, Destiny split from them, etc.

What the fuck is Blizzard doing?

It surpassed 1 million active subs in June.
>inb4 I can't read moonspeak
it basically says it's a census obtained through API parsing of the lodestone and it doesn't count free trial members or bots by having strict criteria.

Attached: 1560612572316.png (674x834, 219K)

>metacritic
>using this to measure quality for fucking mmos

Really funny how the eminent release of classic put the squenix shills on full damage control

>validating games journalism by giving attention to metacritic
KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF

Attached: this post has aged like milk.jpg (1183x128, 43K)

>$15 a month to play games online
lol I would rather pick those 15 and shove them up my ass than do this.

mmos not even once.

>tfw WoW still plays a million times better because it's not slow as fuck

WoW might suck ass but your console MMO is still boring as shit in terms of combat and it totally kills the game.

Attached: 1543982560847.jpg (431x463, 18K)

Square-Enix bad, Blizzard Entertainment good

Attached: 558.jpg (200x210, 10K)

Why do people who don't play the game say it's slow as fuck? It's not.

The state of Blizzdrones

Is this the power of lil zoom?

You're right, they need lots of damage control to repair the cracks at SE HQ because they overflowed with money

Would you rather have high APM classes but a lot less buttons and reduced class complexity in general, or lower APM classes that have more buttons and more complexity?

Attached: wow vs ffxiv apm.jpg (1420x790, 284K)

I leveled a ninja, DRK, and BLM to max during stormblood, it's glacial. NIN was the only thing approaching fun, and it was still pretty lame.

Attached: 1498164849455.jpg (719x719, 82K)

Too bad they aren't using the money they get from this mmo to make good games. You would think they would but this is the Japanese EA we're talking about

Blizzard Entertainment bad, Square-Enix good

Attached: 1562188837543.png (644x800, 14K)

FFXIV can be fun to play or boring to play. But it will always be boring to watch. Every fight is telegraphed so well you can just do it blindfolded.

WoW on the otherhand, well, at least their streamers are autistic enough for the twitch audience. But it's both boring to play and boring to watch.

Too bad Blizzard isn't making good games or a good mmo

Both these games are fucking abysmal and their boomer aspie audience is the most insufferable thing on Yea Forums right now.

Attached: Loin Keng.jpg (660x561, 49K)

Go to another thread then faggot

Yeah wanna talk about who's coming to smash next? Maybe after you suck my cock haha

No, fuck you. Stop making these shit threads.

Yeah, that's why the insecure shills need to constantly compare it to wow

played this dogshit game, felt asleep, its so fucking boring i dont get the hype at all,

Attached: Steam_3SnvlfComW.png (331x110, 61K)

>NO NO NO STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T LIKE

Attached: 1556844296066.png (725x684, 354K)

>Holy shit, how will Blizzard respond to this?
Blizzard literally can't. They haven't been able to make a 9/10 game since 2008 with WotLK, that was over ten years ago.

based ARR filtering out casuals

Attached: heavensward.png (1919x1017, 606K)

I've started FF14 so many times only to give up shortly before I reach level cap
I wish someone could figure out the MMO genre without a maddening grind of bullshit to get to the "good stuff" (aka, boss fights where you press your buttons but THIS TIME there's fire you can't stand in)

>y-y-you're just insecure! I'm gonna make another thread about Classic and how its gonna kill you fuckin weebs, based Asmon will show you!

I only ever see squeenix shills bring up wow, not the other way around. Literally rent free.

>see ad for the new BfA patch
>shows off new mounts and pets before the zones and raid
Blizzard is disconnected from what makes games good.

Busy finding more diversity hires

Because compared to WoW it is slow as fuck. But at least it has more things to do than press the same two buttons every second so it is more fun.

Congrats on lying bitch

You'd be right if you were just talking about in the blizzard office. Don't want that kind of negativity in the dojo.

No, but with variety games comes an inconsistent number of viewers. He did dark souls 1 and 3 and had more viewers

>FFXIV looks to wow to find examples to work towards creating a better game themselves
>The minute XIV becomes the big hit Blizzard shuts it away

Tfw i pay 4 dollar for one month and 12 for three months of sub on FFXIV, you people need to know how to abuse the system

shit man, wow feels so much like a smartphone game now. the minute you get to the character select screen you get a cash shop ad. this is a fucking subscription game, not a F2P game.

Yeah the souls kiddies triggered the shit out of him

my wow guild is hemorrhaging good raiders to ff14 right now and all the officers unanimously agreed to keep ff talk out of guild chat. heard of other guilds doing the same thing.

Before shadowbringers, it was bfa babies on damage control

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 6.jpg (864x248, 62K)

We're okay with classic fags. BfA fags can get fucked though.

metacritic doesn't matter for mmos, wod got great reviews

RIP.

I cant believe FFXIV shat on WoW. Especially if you know about FFXIV's beginning development history back from 1.0

I disagree
I'd argue that WoW, despite lacking a GCD, actually is less fun because of how shitty the encounters are designed at this point.
The reason people enjoy FFXIV is, in spite of its GCD, the content itself is actually enjoyable.

We're focusing on user reviews.

Why do blizzard keep milking a 20 year old shrinking game, why not just make something new?

Attached: xi.jpg (868x579, 324K)

Well good, maybe we won't get any more "I WAS A BIG RAIDER IN WoW" people joining FF14 and then spending 99% of their time dead on the floor during raids.

APM is a really dumb way of measuring complexity.
It's something that should really only be present when discussing games where the primary action of importance has no cooldown (such as Starcraft)

Who could forget the copypasta landscapes and 4/10 review

>91
how?
>try free trail
>make character
>stiff as fuck combat
>try different classes
>all have the same move list
>start with normal spam move
>learn proc move
>learn boring buff self only move
>learn long cooldown stun
>no buffs you can use on other classes
>no reason to even interact with other people
>tedious GW2 like events but completely soulless and boring
>quests straight from MMO hell (fetch, deliver, kill XX)
>very bland 2d looking world
>heavily instanced
>game requires a sub to go past lv 35
>uninstall

LA-HEE

I saw your shitpost in another thread

They did. They flopped. So back to milking what they know will sell they go.

IT's exactly that reason why FFXIV is shitting on WoW.
Early Failure is the best teacher, just as early Success is the worst teacher.
Blizzard thinks they can do no wrong and that the direction they choose will inevitably lead the game back to success.
the XIV team, on the other hand, had to humble itself and scrap most of their game's systems and design to bring it up to par. That failure haunts the XIV to this day, I believe. All the while, the WoW team can only think of how great their dynasty was

mfw I just play bdo

Attached: 1562095338356.jpg (617x800, 66K)

INVITE TO SHARD PLS

Despite what you may think, the core of what makes a good Lifestyle game is adequate and plentiful content. And the core of what makes a good MMO in particular is good multiplayer teamwork dynamics.
So while the moment-to-moment gameplay for solo-play isn't that exciting, the dungeons (even early ones with light parties) offer satisfactory enough multiplayer teamwork and are plentiful and varied enough that most players don't get bored.
Shadowbringers leaned into all of that with actually good writing in the main story

Newest expansion really is excellent so good for them for finally getting to that level of quality WoW was used to be known for.

APM plays directly to the complexity of executing raid mechanics at the same time. For example, dribbling a basketball slowly is easy and kind of boring. But can you dribble a basketball while running down a court, dodging past people on the other team, stopping them from taking your ball, passing it to a teammate, watching the other teams position, catching the ball back, dribbling it up to the goal, and making a shot while a loud audience is cheering you on? Simple things become complex once you throw in mechanics.

>I see everyone using the '1 million registered accounts' interchangeably with 'active subs.' That number is registered accounts, since launch, including all the free trails.
no it's not you retard. 1 million registered accounts would be pathetic. the game had that many accounts 5 years ago

FF14 looks terrible, all the environments are ugly af and the races appeal to weebs, not to mention that they had to bring the lore and races of Ivalice to somehow save the story.

>WoW is ran by women
>XIV is ran by trannies
>XIV is the better game
Really makes you think.

Yes, when I used to play basketball dribbling the ball was literally second nature and you did it without having to put any thought into it and you focused on the task at hand. Oddly enough this also applies to APM shit in games so nice analogy.

Attached: 1448841590847.png (516x440, 157K)

WoWfags literally can't handle FFXIV.

Attached: wow player take on ffxiv.jpg (852x814, 183K)

>2004 Blizzard
>only white men and nerds who just want to make a cool game
>2019 Blizzard
>9 out of 10 employees is a woman or a LGBTBRAAP chief diversity officer
>the 10th white man is a soiboy

Attached: xbkkicx3r5w11.jpg (1023x579, 135K)

I liked Tanaka's vision way more than Yoshi's, I wish he could have finished the game.

>Samurai
Even if it's my favorite class SAM is so incredibly braindead compared to literally any other class, it's funny they're using it for their comparison.

I would push back against that.
Simple things become DIFFICULT when you throw in mechanics but I don't think that's the same as complexity.
For instance, let's take it to a sort of hyperbolic point and compare Go or Chess to one of those clicker games.
Most people would argue Chess and Go are more complex than Clicker games, despite the player having to do more actions per minute in the clicker game. Why? Because complexity is more determined by the nuance in the decisions the player has to make, rather than the number of decisions the player has to make in a given period of time.
Now, in real-time sports, the factor of time adds stress to the decision making and that's exciting but a player doing more things doesn't necessarily mean they're a better player than a player who does fewer things but more deliberately in the same span of time

Sometimes. But hitting 1 six times can be arguably less complex than hitting 1>2>3>(4 or 5) in the same amount of time. APM isn't the sole measure of complexity or difficulty.

Lmao at struggling with Samurai.

Blizzard literally hires trannies on their dev team. Square Enix Japan can't hire trannies because they aren't qualified enough for their positions.

The whole FFXIV playerbase is filled with trannies. They're the ones XIV caters to.

If that were true, they would have made the Viera have male counterparts

It's boring ass rotation was what killed the job for me. You're literally just churning along with the only moment of interest being a big juicy Midare crit

they quarantined them to crystal.

You think WoW isn't filled with trannies?
What do you think Night Elf is for?

>Holy shit, how will Blizzard respond to this?
they'll make a new lootbox for retardwatch maybe that's the extent of what nublizzard can do

>bullshit long queues on NEW servers
>forums don't even fucking work
SHIT TIER GAME

SAM, a job designed to be retard proof, is still not retard proof.

WoW raids are much better nowadays despite having shit everything else you dumbass

playerbase filled with trannies is easily ignorable by choosing a different server. what's not ignorable is when trannies are actually developing the stuff that you see and play. this is why blizzard fails.

>HW classes initially designed to be more complicated than ARR before slowly getting stripped
>SB classes designed to be brain dead alternatives to existing roles
How're the ShB classes?

Retards who say MUH OGCD!11 never played WoW in ther life, WoW with a class which favours Haste and a Haste trinket is so much faster it's not even funny.

He tried branching out. Then he flipped his shit. He outright said hes not a "gamer". Hes just a WoW person.

>tank queues now take forever because of retard DPSes using Trust NPCs instead of actually playing the game
fucking DPSes ruin yet another game with their whining and tantrums while actual good tank players have to sit 30 minutes waiting for shitters still back in 2.0 to que up for Satasha, fuck this game and fuck square

Classic isn't out yet though, and it will surpass both XIV and retail WoW when it is.

GNB is a bit involved but DNC is braindead.

shitter SEETHING

Is mount swimming the same speed as flying?

yes it is

niggers, you can buy user score as well
wow is still shit tho

FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES FIX SERVER QUEUES

GNB is fun as heck once you get continuation

pleb filter seems to be working

Are there still triple turn-in leves? I just did a Weaver leve that looked like it would be triple turn-in, but it turned out to be single.

WoW refugees will leave when Classic comes.

>On adamantoise
>Server queues are always low

I actually sort of like the WAR changes
It feels much more like a class around sustained damage for self-heals than a burst-meter class now.
Or maybe that's just how I'm playing it. It seems like it's way easier to build up Beast Gauge and you're incentivized to burn it at a semi regular pace on big potency attacks while you have nascent glint up

Those numbers confuse me since Angriest Pat was streaming FF14 and had higher numbers on his own that what they say

Not him but I doubt you would be playing (speaking specifically of boss parses) at the top of any WoW class without a lot of practice and knowledge of itemization either, XIV is probably the same. Just because some classes are piss easy doesn't mean the ceiling isn't high.

>EU SERVER
>11PM
>1500 QUEUES
FUCK THIS SHIT FUCKING KIKE JAPS

>tfw mch is really fun but my autism says that it doesn't fit as a "WoL" job
It's a tough life

Everything you've just stated would imply that the ceiling for FFXIV jobs would be higher.

Adamantoise is always super comfy. It only takes 10 seconds at most to log in during prime time.

It's his job.

I don't understand why people continue to shit WAR so hard. At least compared to PLD, I feel like it had more defensive cooldowns and thus more survivabilty. But people just keep shitting on it.

Attached: average WAR main.png (680x760, 191K)

just stop being autistic lol

What if I like ARR? Is that bad?

It means you're a true connoisseur.

>Have to wear Tataru ugly clothes in SB because I think my WoL would appreciate it and use it

Does anyone have the screenshot of "Remember...we were alive." or whatever Chad says before he dies?

>WoWbabies cant handle SAM, aka the training wheels of melee
The memes really do write themselves

which were the main differences? I only remember the game running like ass so I couldn't experience it properly

I really hate how unresponsive xiv is
theres always a small delay/animation when you do something, like if you try to use 2 ogcd at the same time it wont work there will be a delay between the 2 spells

He's a ret pally player, the most braindead spec since the start of the game

that's your ping at fault.

Except your (and the post I responded to) gross generalization that one class is as easy as the rest of them and that one shitty player means the reat of them are as shitty, which I didn't bother to mention. Both have classes with very high ceilings. That's a really convenient fallacy for you to ignore here.

I have the same ping in wow and xiv
something like 30

I played arms with garbage apm and no complexity, so ff is basically just a straight upgrade

>clear for friend then farm

Attached: 1531633710443.jpg (300x300, 17K)

That's intentional. Every oGCD has a ~0.65s animation minimum that must play out, and so you have to do everything deliberately one step at a time. That's why you need decent ping to be able to double weave.
I don't play wow myself, but the whole thing of activating all of your oGCD buffs at once with one macro just isn't compatible with FFXIV. At least not without packet spoofing, and that is really easy for them to detect.

I played WoW with 200 ping and it's way more responsive, XIV is coded is some retarded way.

post a picture with cmd ping and traceroute

200 ping with WoW feels just as shit as FFXIV. Don't kid yourself you thirdworld fag.

>"clear for a friend"
>only one person in the pf

It doesn't (PVE at least), I raided mythic in wow without any problems or getting fucked up by some mechanic like in XIV.

Like I haven't hit HW and beyond yet, but I really enjoy it and I'm engaged with the story.

that's true, wow raids are better than they used to be, but they're still garbage compared to FFXIVs raids

I ditched my summoner in shadowbringers because they added even more ogcd and it feels even more clunky, I wish the game had the same responsiveness as wow

Attached: file.png (432x74, 6K)

>join kill for friend group Titania EX for the hell of it
>6 of them are mentors
>they speak in french
anons...

its coded foe nips, without a single care for the rest of the world

>DUHHHH WHY CAN'T I MACRO 10 ABILITIES INTO ONE BUTTON SO I CAN JUST SMASH MY FACE ON THE KEYBOARD WAAAAHH FFXIV BAD WOW GOOD!

Picked DRG for my first DPS. Did I fuck up? This is hard I just have to know the work will be worth it

Why do these games even bother pretending to be MMOs. May as well just make raids queued from a lobby, that's all anyway plays them for anyway and save half the development cost.

I dont care about macros, the game is unresponsive even if I use spells one by one

how is drg hard? it's braindead easy

what would be the point with the shit tier global cooldown

DRG was made even easier with 5.0, I'm pretty sure its up there in terms of DPS

AAAAAA EMET HELP ME HE HAS A THOUSAND FOLDED SHARP OBJECT

>mfw having the time of my life playing Shadowniggas

Attached: I8fqBgA.png (567x680, 415K)

>Use boring and souless circular arena for every single boss
>Better than anything

I doubt you even played any raid from nuWoW

>Try DPS class
>No AoE until lv 40+
>Try Tank class
>AOE before lv 15
whoever designed this game is retarded

Fantastic. I'm getting there honestly my biggest issue is running out of keybinds. I have no idea where to put my cooldowns. Might need a mouse with more side buttons

Currently on Heavensward and about ready to buy a boost. It's empty and I want to do the content everybody is talking about.

None, it's fake

Black Mage gets aoe before level 20.

>make big pull in level 15 dungeon
>its as fast as making packs one by one because no one has aoe

Attached: 1554101787265.jpg (612x608, 48K)

Why did Vindictus fail bros? Was it the weekly cap on how much you were allowed to play? I remember having so much fun when that game came out then we weren't allowed to play anymore because of the cap. Was that really the true reason Vindictus fell off the map? The combat was GOAT.

>Oh, by the way, if Blizzard ever approached [me], you know, saying ‘Oh, hey, we want you to take the reins to develop Diablo 4,’ oh, I’m gonna drop everything I’m doing and I’m gonna go for it

It would be funny if Blizzard steals Yoshi from Square

a cap? how does that work?

don't worry, the areas in the expansion are also empty because of instances and everyone rushing it in a few days

Probably shouldn't talk out of your ass next time.

> It's empty and I want to do the content everybody is talking about.

HW areas had tons of people in my server at least

If I had the balls I'd just quit MMO's entirely. Shit's just made to waste my time and I'm not having any fun anymore.

Based retard

>1 million registered accounts
Pretty sure XIV just passed the bar of 14 million registered accounts not long ago.

I can't even log in to play thanks to japs retarded server design

If you want that kind of mmo experience you should just play classic

How do I link items from the glamour dresser?

black mage is a 30+ class retard

>Hated leveling GNB, cooldowns were shitty and AoE felt lackluster
>Reach 80
> AF looks sick and Blasting Zone feels really good

I'll take the GNBpill

Attached: 1552470710070.jpg (900x900, 82K)

I played classic already, I want something new that doesn't suck dick.

going back to BDO at least I can log into a server there.

Attached: 2019-01-02_188063190.jpg (4096x2304, 1.82M)

Clearly he means thaumaturge you colossal fucking autist

>almost every server is congested
>friend wants to play the trial
>has been unable to make a character for 2 weeks

how long until he could at least make a character at non-peak hours? two weeks?

also rushing it is what everyone does, did you think this was gonna last beyond the first month? people are already losing spoiler courtesy.

>he
you mean YOU, fag

One brings shadow, one brings light
Two-toned echoes tumbling through time
Threescore wasted, ten cast aside
Four-fold knowing, no end in sight
One dark future no one survives
On their shadows, away we fly

The road that we walk
Is lost in the flood
Here proud angels bathe in
Their wages of blood
At this, the world’s end, do we cast off tomorrow

To this riddle all souls are tied
Brief our moments, brazen and bright
Forged in fury, tempered in ice
Hindmost devils, early to rise
Sing come twilight, sleep when they die
Heaven’s banquet leavened with lies
Sating honor, envy, and pride
Run from the light

Authors of our fates
Orchestrate our fall from grace
Poorest players on the stage
Our defiance drives us straight to the edge
A reflection in the glass
Recollections of our past
Swift as darkness, cold as ash
Far beyond this dream of paradise lost

Attached: slut_dancing_but_webm.webm (874x950, 1.61M)

user do you know how to read?

Tell him to play a game with devs who have more then 3 int

The devs are doing such a good job of making every one forget about the base classes that I even forgot about them myself. My bad.

why doesnt he just.... pick a different server?

Home
Riding home
Dying hope
Hold onto hope

Attached: 1545054336383.jpg (250x247, 6K)

>ff14
lol no.

Attached: 2019-01-02_188476339.jpg (4096x2304, 678K)

no server on my datacenter isn't congested is the problem, and i'm not making him pay 18 bucks just to transfer over to play with us.

The only playerbase japanese devs ever pander to is the japanese playerbase

Presumably because he wants to play with his friends. The server situation is totally fucked.

offer to pay for him or youre not his friend

Can't go back home yet, faggots?

Attached: [gay silence].gif (290x221, 1.35M)

>The light within her champions begins to fade
>Has the warden's light finally taken hold?!
>No...
>Damn you...Damn her wretched blessing!

Attached: 1547775496962.gif (250x300, 785K)

Blizzanon here. we are keeping an eye on XIV and believe 9.0 will dethrone them.

>innocence EX transition move after adds
>have to burn both shields on AST so healer doesn't die
So is our DPS shit or does it hit that hard?

SHHHHH NO SPEAKY IN DOJO

What is the name of this track from the ost?

Shadowbringers

I sure love grinding mobs for 20 hours to get 0.0004% exp

XIV sucks as MMO, it has a fun story and that's it desu

It's incredibly bugged, damage is calculated like at the very start of the animation, for example if you put shields during it they wont be used at all.
Also maybe Vuln stacks.

To say it sucks isn't really fair, it's basically the best MMO on the market right now, though that's more a case of the one-eyed man being king of the blind than anything else.
basically it's just "okay"

MMO market just sucks.

Repeat after me
TWO POINT FIVE SECONDS GLOBAL COOL DOWN
How can FFXIV compete with WoW?

You had a cap of 2000 tokens a week. Completing a dungeon would give you like 200 tokens, and the harder the dungeon, the more points it awarded. Like the first areas would cost you 200 tokens, where as the burning city area which was the end game at the time cost 750 tokens. So you could only do 2 gameplay sessions that lasted 20~ minutes a week.

It was really fuckin bad. But it was Nexon, so it isn't surprising.

first off
>caring what video game critics think
you're underaged or a fucking retard. second, it's well known that ffxiv is better than WoW by a fucking landslide, you dont need pink haired faggots from SF telling you that.

getting woke and in the process going broke

I'll never play an mmo with no OCE servers in 2019, nor a game praised for its story when it's made by square Enix. However as a Wow player I can appreciate how much effort blizzard will have to put in to improve their game now that they have a proper competitor and in that sense I'm happy you lads are enjoying the game.

Xiv is ran by trannies tho. They're normal japanese people

Why the fuck should I sit through a long ass queue just so you tanks shitters can have a short queue.

Attached: Disgust 2.jpg (547x587, 61K)

this also makes it the highest rated final fantasy game in 20 years

>However as a Wow player I can appreciate how much effort blizzard will have to put in to improve their game now that they have a proper competitor and in that sense I'm happy you lads are enjoying the game.
See this is how we should be lads. When the main competitor is doing well it forces our own game to improve. WoW only stands to gain from shadowbringers being Kino and XIV only stands to lose from BfA being shit

Because it doesn’t get flashy moves and it doesn’t have a ton of utility

It won't get nearly as large as WoW did thanks to the horrible slog the MSQ is up to HW.
How many days of actual playtime does it take, even skipping all the cutscenes? Four or five?

you didn't post traceroute, that's the problem. ping alone means nothing if you got huge packet loss

For curiosity's sake, what is the difficulty ranking of the DPS jobs in FFXIV?

Assuming instant queues and above-average duty clear times, It takes about 100 hours to get from level 1 to the beginning of stormblood if all cutscenes are skipped not sure how much time unskippable castrum/prae cutscenes adds to that

They must make TBC Classic and WOTLK Classic

Nothing will, and its got nothing to do with performance. There literally isn't a market for MMOs in 2019 that will hit TBC/Wrath level of players no matter how good it is. WoW came out at a time during the internet boom and it was a lot of people's first online world, alongside Everquest. Its not something you can replicate.

SAM is on the easier end of the spectrum.

Attached: R8XTLyk[1].png (128x128, 13K)

there's this thing called resource management, you can't just spam everything on gcd, nu wow made it so everything is spammable and faceroll all the way to mythic+ because all you have is like 3-4 buttons and some cd's every minute or so.

They're really not competing, they're very different mmos. They share the collectible aspect and having large communities, but the rest is standard rpg mechanics, their design philosophy is pretty different.

Easiest: SAM/DRG/DNC/RDM
Easier: MCH/BRD/MNK
Harder: BLM/SMN
Hardest: NIN
This is based on my own personal experience with them, not sure how the community overall rates them

stop posting this shitty meme

Attached: 1.5s gcd.jpg (428x123, 20K)

NONONONONO ITS FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

Prae+Castrum combined is like 90~120 minutes. I've ordered pizza on the elevator only for it to arrive before Ultima uses Ultima.

Ninja is the hardest, its like playing piano while doing calculus compared to other dps jobs

Comparing WoW APM to FFXIV APM is kind of irrelevant since WoW macros are useful, whereas ffxiv macros are shit. A good chunk of that APM is hitting one sequential cast macro in WoW.

what is scholar like?
used to plsy WHM main

Attached: 1382812869995.jpg (640x480, 31K)

I asked to compare SAM's difficulty to BLM, since it's the only DPS I have experience with, I thought BLM was considered easy mode, so your ranking surprises me.
Or maybe it's something I heard about ARRs BLM which was really boring

BLM difficulty is just standing in the ley lines and knowing when to move out of the ley lines for mechanics. It's a braindead class.

>wowfags macro their entire rotation to 1 button
embarrassing for a pc exclusive mmo

how fucking long is this main quest to reach the new expansion

do you guys get paid to shill for this game or something?

If XIV's macro system actually worked, instead of conflicting with its cast queue system, the game would be braindead too.

just take your time and enjoy it m8
literally 0 reason to rush whatsoever

>Ninja
>Hard
Not really sure how but ok.

All of them are piss easy.

No it didn’t you retard that was years ago.

What should I know about normal Susano before fighting him?

Nothing, just go in blind and react to mechanics. All of the normal modes are easy like that.

BLM is extremely easy on paper but has some of the hardest optimisation, if you're shit at optimising movement and preplanning movement skills then you'll do less damage than a dancer.
Like I said though this is personal experience, maybe I'm just shit at casters since I mainly play PLD and SAM.

>only 5 reviews
WOW ITS FUCKING NOTHING

Attached: 17292487219.png (1568x2376, 1.83M)

REJOICE

What's the verdict? As good as it sounds or completely shit?

Attached: 1EXdZPQ.png (366x197, 24K)

Attached: 2019-07-08_16-50-50.png (940x224, 33K)

all of that is true tho xiv is trash

>work my ass off and get 60 Frontline wins in a few weeks for Field Commander set
>it's now worn by fucking tomestone vendors

Attached: 1537836889734.jpg (420x305, 30K)

Imagine being such a shitter that you're mad that VENDORS are wearing your glamor. I could understand bitching if they sold it, but seriously?

>skill speed
>ogcds
>action window queuing

Attached: img.jpg (438x124, 21K)

>wow
pure western garbage

FFXIV main story sucks, particularly the part where you are forced to do everything from base game through all the expansions before you can get to the content that is relevant. Even with Esc skipping/spamming spacebar through everycutscene/dialogue, you are looking at days worth of playtime wasted doing menial bullshit instead of leveling as fast as you can to level cap.

And the game engine is so badly designed for combat. I was playing a Ninja up-to level 50, and my fucking god it was an absolute nightmare trying to use the handsigns in the correct order, they have a weird global cooldown and the spellqueuing either does not work or works in a way that fucks you over.

The handsigns are basically pressing 1, 2 or 3 in different orders to get a different spell, and there is a timeframe you have to press them, you can't press any other dps buttons during it and if you fuck up the handsigns, you just put it on a 20s CD and do nothing. Multiple times I do the signs needed for some of the things that require 3 signs(the most you need) and it either repeats 1 of the keys I pressed or skips it completely and then I end up with the wrong spell or a "dud"(aka nothing happens because it was fucked).

And keep in mind, this was at level 40-50, when I was in bad gear that had no action speed(basically lowers the global cooldown), and it was still a fucking mess to play with. After talking to a max level Ninja, he said that most don't bother with the 3-handsign spells because they have too much action speed that it clips the global cooldown of your actual spammed attacks and you have no time to perform them which makes them a DPS loss, so they just use a 1-handsign spell which does pretty low amount of damage compared to the proper ones, but still better overall DPS because it doesn't cause them to delay their spammed abilities.

I tried WoW but the rotations were so boring I couldn’t stay awake

I got to level 90 before giving up, WoW is hot trash

>After talking to a max level Ninja, he said that most don't bother with the 3-handsign spells
Alright, you don't like the game. You can fuck off and never come back ever again. You and that guy too if possible

Attached: 1556301352086.png (360x368, 216K)

>FFXIV main story sucks
just only the filler part of ARR. HW and SHB is pure kino.

Attached: ffxiv_07072019_171205_800.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

unironic answer they've lost all their creativity and they're just focused on milking their remaining games for all its worth through timegating and other treadmill maximizing shit, coupled with whale baiting.

I just started and my friend is offering me a level boost thing and a story skip item. Should I just use the level item to speed through the story? I'm not sure using the story skip is a good idea, I've heard the story is at least decent

its not my internet, its the game
play wow and you'll see its much more responsive

Attached: Untitled.jpg (642x258, 94K)

don't use both, only scrubs do. plus you're meant to use both, you can't use one or the other as a new player. if you level skip but don't story skip then you have no content unlocked. if you story skip but don't level skip then you just gave up a bunch of easy exp and can't do the higher content because you're too underleveled.

Holy Fuuuuuuuuuck that's like a 95 considering the japanese handicap

The story is paced slow. When its new content, it feels well designed, with good attention to detail and plenty of time to explore the characters and themes it builds.

But when its old content, it is an eternal slog half-stuffed with bullshit and you end up skipping cutscenes and dialogue anyway. Buy the skip, then watch the cutscenes.

the first 50 levels are a slog, you can probably just look up a summary of it on youtube. If it's your first MMO it's fun because you get to explore the world.
Do not skip heavensward, it's actually good.
Ontop of this, XIV is really story driven. The latest expansion goes over a lot of stuff from the base game, a ton of plot stuff.

that's not a valid ip address for the game server. that's square enix website.

then give me the server ip, I play on moogle

Don't do it. Not only because you wasted money on a videogame and you should enjoy it to the fullest (and if you don't like the cutscenes you can always skip them), but also because you'll be an absolute pathetic noob that people hate so much and everyone will make fun of you

Uhh bro you're pinging the website not the data center

THE SEA PARTS FOR WE ALONE

>No dragon's dogma online in the west
Why live lads?

>Threescore wasted, ten cast aside
three nonsundered ascians
ten sundered, but raised up ascians

Nobody hates total newbies

They hate people who play like retards and rage when someone tells them how to improve

please never write a paper.

it's not that good anyways. it's like pso2 where there's no overworld and the grind is meaningless

Well when I find a content respecter healer/tank/dps I can't tell him to go fuck himself or I would get banned
Trust me everyone hates them but can't express their hate in game

Look at this dumbass

That'd be kino but three score means 60

>Get an invite from a guild because throwing FC invites at people is a law or something
>"We're top ranked and friendly and active 24/7 blah blah blah!"
>Yet they're inviting me some scrub ass level 50 nobody
That already tells me their FC has no standards so why would I join or believe they're top ranked?

me big brain

>Nobody hates total newbies
sure if you're up front about it and are actually low level.

but if you're a level booster and stay quiet about it then it will show by your playstyle when you start doing tutorial level mistakes (backpedaling, keyboard turning, incorrect positioning, can't make use of buff uptime properly) and people will call you out for it.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (541x283, 77K)

As long as they give FC buffs, who gives a shit?

>googled the IP
>found a result from early 2018
user.... just stop

even normies like ffxiv more than bfa's new patch

Attached: comparison.jpg (297x412, 34K)

ARR is plebian filter

found it here
reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/bh70yi/anyone_know_the_crystal_server_ip/

Attached: 1549534764983.jpg (1518x797, 244K)

I want to make friends...

Why is getting aether currents in Stormblood such a fucking pain?

Trying to be "progressive" to try and trick people into thinking they aren't just a limb of Activision at this point with shit like diversity hires and them conveniently announcing Soldier 76 was gay in the middle of the huge controversaries about Diablo Immortal and the layoffs.
The second reason is that they laid off huge chunks of staff so the CEOs could take a bonus for having such a lucrative fiscal year.

Top ranked just means they have enough people to access all the bullshit FCs can access.

why would you expect a guy with a big axe that tanks stuff to be a guy that kills things in 1 punch?

>resorts to linking reddit

they're obviously more helpful than here

those staff were useless and you know it.

That's stupid thinking. The amount of people that play games has increased tremendously over the years and keeps growing as old people die and are replaced by young people that play games.
20 years ago it was impossible to find a 30+ year old person that played vidya, now pretty much everyone 30-40 plays games

Stay there and stop posting here you sad little man

Those staff being booted is why Heroes of the Storm is being kept up by a skeleton crew, their entire main team was assimilated into Overwatch to keep up

>bleeding subs
The game is getting more and more players and it's blatantly obvious, it's gotten to the point that during the majority of the day it's impossible to make characters on NA servers yet it still gets newly registered characters.

Also Twitch is literally irrelevant because it's obvious if you bother to actually pay attention the community is fucking massive, and why would someone watch a Twitch stream for a genre that is not stream friendly for a game they could be playing?

Anyone who cares about FF14 is playing FF14, not watching some dumb streamer.

why are you so overly aggresive? its ok if your game have animation latency on every spells, no need to be mad

>my google search led me to the scary bad website and now i'm not allowed on heckin based and redpilled Yea Forums anymore

yeah e-sport faggot women really are programmers.

Because Stormblood is a mediocre expansion that had way too much diplomacy talks you didn't care about, not enough interesting locales and the idea that bigger = better when expanding on the aether current system Heavensward did so they made it a fucking scavenger hunt. Shadowbringers is better in every way so far, even aether currents aren't put in fucked locations until the final area

To this day I haven't completed the lochs because one of the currents just pissed me off. Had to run around long winded castle walls and cliffs and shit. I mean wtf.

HELP ME EMET I'M TELLING YOUR GREAT GRANDSON ALL OF MY PLANS AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT BACKFIRE ON ME.

>more people are watching WoW than playing WoW
kek

>aggressive
Where

You're not posting your GCD with Rapid Fire active, are you?
You wouldn't do that, would you user? Why would someone lie about a CD that lasts 3 GCDs?

Attached: 146333331521.jpg (640x480, 45K)

You also need to use 2 OGCDs in a incredibly short window between those 1.5s GCDs, and FF14 in general is full of OGCD "weaving" and being able to get the very specific time frame window to use 2 OGCDs without clipping (meaning: causing your next GCD to go off later than it would because a certain amount of the animation has to play)

Nice game
>hit 80
>entire endgame consists of 3 short, easy dungeons, and literally nothing else

>>After talking to a max level Ninja, he said that most don't bother with the 3-handsign spells
???
the copypasta loses all value here

They updated those skills user. That's without rapid fire.

There are. I used my equipment coffers to get free turn ins for leaves and one of the ones for ARM could have been a triple. Pretty sure they were gloves.

What's Elidibus going to do if the other WoLs decide to go and do research on us before fighting us?

Nice bait

Attached: 1529789590485.gif (186x186, 3.29M)

>200 people get laid off
>Maybe about 20 managed PR and esports shit
>Thus it had nothing to do with awful changes to actually good games
Can't wait for more based layoffs to happen which will lead to WoW team members being ripped off of it and put on Overwatch too, CEOs really deserve their self-appointed asspat paychecks after all.

How is it bait when it's just the hard, objective truth?

Ah, I looked it up, it's not rapid fire, it's while overheated

rapid fire isn't a skill anymore

>tfw a patch in wow has more content than a whole expansion in xiv

why does wow music have no soul while ffxiv has soul

youtube.com/watch?v=3tEj1QW8mLw

Attached: beats.jpg (354x286, 15K)

b-but muh single-player RPG leveling experience!

Right, as I said here it's overheat
Point still stands, it's cherrypicking from the exception, not the rule

>wow
>no soul
youtube.com/watch?v=1waVSu4adDM

Fuck your levelling experience, the MSQ was good, but at the end of the day an MMO with no max level content isn't worth shit.

>Every single "new" raid boss isn't actually new

So how do you level a job in this game? Do you do leves or just buy a boost because the grinding is retarded?

I looked at that it literally is nearly all useless people HOTS HAD to go because it aimed at straight males who like big tittys n ass.

WoW has great music. They have professional musicians that work on big movies and orchestras. XIV is just weeb music and some dadrock.

/mandervilledance in town while you wait for the dungeon queue

this kind of pandering to 5 year olds pixar garbage is why wow and hearthstone are dying and FFXIV is blooming

MSQ>Roulettes>either spamming highest level dungeon or potd/hoh depending on queue time or preference.

If they do that they'll just wind up sucking your dick for how great a hero you are.
And then you'll absorb them through your urethra.

>it has no skinner box treadmill and dailies and timegated content so it's shit!
go back to wow

RIIIIDING HOOOOOOME
DYIIIING HOOOOOPE

>I prefer edgy cheap indie musicians over professional kazoo player
yikes

level other jobs, level crafters, do fates, find aether currents to be able to fly in zones, do sidequests (which in general are a lore dump), grind tomestones for ronkan gear and prepare for raiding, check out the myriad of other content you almost certainly missed on your way up to 80

LMFAO @ THE FF TRANNY COPE POSTING

>early access
>no audience engagement
>w-wait until full release!!
>launch
>even less engagement
>h-hehe people are p-playing instead of watching

Face it trannies, your exspansion launch got dunked on by A FUCKING CONTENT PATCH in BFA OF ALL THINGS! No one cares about FF anymore and spamming threads won't trick people into playing with you.

Don't @ me nigger trannies, going to go play the STATISICALLY superior mmo.

>big axe
>tank
>hurrr why he no punch things to dead

>hit 80
>3 easy dungeons
>2 EX trials
>don't even get to try said EX trials because playerbase is so far up their own asses they won't let any newcomer participate
>call their bullshit out in shout
>get flamed for it
shit game, when can i do those ex trials with the npcs who are more reliable and aren't toxic assholes?

Yeah, I learned later that the dwarf leves are single and the elf woman leves are triple. Thanks, though.

>FFXIV is blooming
WoW is dying but man you're gonna be disappointed in a month when FFXIV quiets back down like it does after every raid tier drops

>Can't have silly music in your game
>I want my edgy music while I play with my badass GUNBREAKER

it was really nice of you to open your post on "lmfao" so i knew you suck dick, saves me having to read the rest of that garbage

Cringe but redpilled

manderville content is pleb teir

I'd play XIV if it didn't have the same cancerous tryhard endgame as wow with logs, minmax, simulations and more.

The real question is why is that his plan when they literally did the same thing in heavensward and it didn't work? Is it just because he thinks the light will always be stronger than dark or is he just retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk

is there anything this man can't do

Attached: 1540419699901.png (480x360, 203K)

It looked like he was expecting UNGA BUNGA ME SMASH and was bored out of his skull instead

Attached: 1548446452878.png (338x327, 169K)

>professional hollywood musicians only doing it for big western activision money
soulless
>one musician powered by chicken tenders and beer
soul
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM
youtube.com/watch?v=oMqHchMiIdU
youtube.com/watch?v=GOSoIX3eZJQ

Attached: chicken tendies.jpg (3840x2160, 1.04M)

why couldn't season 2 have anything cool like season 1
why did they take one of the most anticipated shows and give it no budget

>complain aimlessly into shout chat
>wonder why they call you an obnoxious faggot

But the trials are easy enough to use Duty Finder. Just get the gear needed to queue for them, or join a party finder looking to clear. Or, god forbid, make your own party finder for the clear.

The amount of people playing mobas, battle royale and mobile games. Not MMOs. Its a dying genre in a generation with less free time and more options.

make your own party retard

WoW music all blends together. Apart from a few pieces like the login screen music and some of the starting zones, most people would struggle to put music to a specific area.

I'd assume right now his plan is making (You) whole for whatever reason.

>Thinking FFXIV will have staying power
Game has zero community unless you're a tranny/furry/discord faggot everyones going to quit after raid

cope

Attached: 836290.jpg (3904x1800, 850K)

I started when ShB wasn't even out, and even then those elitist assholes wouldn't let me participate in literally anything. Fuck this game big time, fix the playerbase and maybe then we'll talk.

>Have to defend WoW even if I play way more XIV for years because zoomers keep spouting dumb bullshit
>youtube.com/watch?v=ds0N4TZRSNE&t=486s
>youtube.com/watch?v=EvWH1KKOsoY
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZNstdF54ypo
>youtube.com/watch?v=fXyH27S_y24

WoW has amazing soundtrack you dumb cucks

>9
nip servers are comfy if your respectable and chill

My friend wants me to skip so I can start doing the higher level stuff with him

Attached: 1555022946826.gif (430x270, 160K)

my nigga only good thing out of wod was talador music fucken rip how how shit wow is now.

dial8

Attached: lal.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

all of those except eversong woods is shit.
and eversong woods is from 2006 when wow was good so it's irrelevant to an argument today

tell him to pay then

>click on the first
>literally someone asleep on a piano

Attached: 1555413944946.jpg (438x447, 95K)

>freeform jazz version of the typical ascian theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jd1r3n4HKOo

>0
your friends a faggot

soul

>generic hollywood western fantasy ambient music
is this what people like now

Attached: zzzz.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Unironically even worse than WoW with some support meta bullshit, I got reject more in groups playing BLM in XIV than a fucking enhancement in WoW.

Elidibus is playing 100D chess and you're all stupid to realize it.

he is offering to pay

>play game
>hit max level
>try doing max level content
>no one even gives you a chance to participate without clear experience
how do these fucking faggots expect me to have clear experience, when they don't even give me a chance to participate, and thereby clear, said content?
Are they literally braindead?

Attached: 1511440806675.gif (300x309, 665K)

make your fag friend pay then play another character to enjoy real story and chill.
but your friends a fag

>people only selling 99 stacks of an item
>that one bro who puts up stacks at different amounts

Attached: 1509855141420.gif (1130x665, 769K)

I personally think he's playing the super long-game, isn't tempered to Zodiark or Hydaelyn, and wants them both out of the way so the original screaming-from-the-earth threat can be dealt with.

Don't you have some katanas to be running away from?

Oh, so you're just retarded. Understood.

Just make your own learning party. You don't see them in party finder because they fill up immediately.

>cant listen to anything but shitty anime music and buttrock
Holy shit, have sex.

>"i have no arguments so i'll just call him retarded instead"
(you)

What exactly is a blue mage? Is it a viable class or is it just a gimmick?

make your own learning party or alternatively play with your fc, with how active the game is now you shouldn't have trouble finding one that does content.

Gimmick, Was really got for Moogle tome farm though

take it then
I personally skipped every cutscenes, fuck that gay shit I want to play an MMO not a single player game

Gimmick.

>only need two or three of an item
>faggots on my world are either only selling them in huge stacks of 50+ or are only selling one for exorbitant prices
>world-hop and check their market-board
>somebody's ahead of the curve and has loads of items sold in stacks of two or three
World-visit was the best thing to happen to this game.

Attached: 1543781937067.jpg (562x530, 70K)

Yeh it's really offputting to get denied/ rejected by elitists all the time but I guess it's part of the game

i don't want a fc, and i don't want friends in this game, because they have proven time and time again that they are just massive faggots who actively try to alienate new players, each and every one of them

XIV is a single player game disguised as MMO

>endgame is 3 dungeons
It really isn't.
First of all, they intentionally limited the amount of endgame content for the first two weeks of release so that people don't rush the endgame and take their time going through all the content for the expansion. The first raid series is getting added next Tuesday, followed by the Treasure Map Dungeons and the Savage difficulty of the Raids two weeks after that. Currently, we're in the "prep" period, to get your character to 80 and then get your gear established, which involves running the 3 level 80 dungeons to get the IL430 accessories to with your Job Weapon and Armor, and then after that, grinding a variety of roulettes for all sorts of content to get the resources to get the IL440 weapon, armor, and accessories, and then after that you grind the two Extreme trials (the content difficulty tier before savage raiding) to get IL 450 accessories and weapons, and through all of this, keeping your materia up to date to have yourself truly properly geared while grinding hunts (more endgame content) and getting your Shared FATE level for each of the zones to 3rd Tier (more endgame content), and maybe grinding out some of the new stuff like the achievement FATEs for mounts or glamour items (more endgame content), grinding the Extreme trials after you've gotten your equipment from them for the mounts (more endgame content), leveling other jobs to keep yourself versatile and be able to adapt in case your job isn't required for a certain party.

On top of that, we'll probably get 5.1 in September, which will add New Game+, Restoration of Ishgard (endgame), additional story content including new dungeons (endgame), hard mode versions of a few Stormblood dungeons (endgame), new extreme trials (endgame), the addition of the first 24-man raid, beast tribes (endgame), and much more with new story content.

But yeah, FF14 has no content.

Start a learning party? you know you can make parties right you don't have to only join what you see?

At least shitty anime music and buttrock don't press one key on the piano for minutes and pretend it's music.

Gimmick, BLU is totally divorced from the rest of the game and progresses at its own pace with its own endgame in the form of combat-puzzles and grinding Hard/EX primals. 5.1 is slated to give it more content but we don't know if it's going up to Stormblood or not.

I'm doing this shit on balmung right now, Fuck people who only sell 99 stacks

Not true, fuck off faggots.
No one rejects you for playing any class here, also because classes are pretty balanced, unlike fucking WoW where entire CLASSES are shit at every single point of every expansion.
Unless you're trying to join "hardcore" groups, while you're greenshitters at best.
Fucking retards you don't even play the game why are you here seething and coping? Why don't you go suck Blizzard's cock like you always do?

3 dungeons, fuck off, they take 4-6 months to release a new patch, and those raids they add in will be cleared within 2 hours, which is when you can drop the game again

>BFA felt dead and guild was gone
>Shadowbringers comes out and people are raving about it
>Figure fuck it, give it a shot
>Tfw I am digging the story and the beginning is supposedly the worst part
>tfw you can do everything on one character which was something that annoyed be with WoW
>Actually have in game volume on as there is nice combat music / good music in general going on
>Ah shit, guess I am going for the long haul...

How much better / worse does it get over the course of the vanilla stuff into expansion stuff? I am digging the look and atmosphere so far.

Attached: oh shit....gif (400x204, 2.86M)

Hunts and fates are non-content and no I dont give two fucks what you think

Much better, devs learn with their mistakes and improve as the content goes.

>and those raids they add in will be cleared within 2 hours
You surely wont clear them in 2 hours you stupid grey faggot

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, 5.1 is adding Blue Mage content with 60 level cap, tons of new spells, Blue Mage-exclusive 4-man raid-tier content, and more.

>6
its all good man just enjoy it arr gets slow but its due to slow world building which you will appreciate when shit gets really fucken good around 2.4

Get out, Tigole.

Never played FFXIV is it a good time to get into the game? Any deals on the base game?

What is the best FC on Levi?

How will WoW fags ever fucking recover holy shit.

Attached: file.png (661x661, 156K)

garage dadrock >>> western warhammer clone fantasy

youtube.com/watch?v=Eutu8EXcmk0
youtube.com/watch?v=8G4QgQ1pUlA

Attached: ffxiv team.jpg (1258x811, 243K)

>that fucking paid 79
>User Score: 3.1

Attached: 1558654714295.gif (800x430, 564K)

Post ARR sucks ass, then Heavensward Hits you like a truck of hookers. Stormblood is the hazey hangover before Shadowbringers boards you on a yacht of hookers and blow.

>be new player
>ask literally anything in shout
>get ridiculed and flamed by a bunch of retards who think theyre hot shit
>never get an actual answer
>this is ok by the developer

Attached: 1511528398663.jpg (600x600, 72K)

It's always a good time to get into things. Check key resellers like G2A for hooks on the base game, G2A in particular has a lot of good deals if you're a EUropoor.

based
youtube.com/watch?v=eBkt8Z4vnXc

What did you ask?

>complain on Yea Forums about things that didn't happen to dab on le trannies

>Two of the new features are literally rehashed content

Yikes

>check out the myriad of other content you almost certainly missed on your way up to 80
This is as much of a cop out for FFXIV as it was for WoW. No one wants to do obsolete, pointless content that everyone else is just rushing through.

It gets better. ARR story is okay but then comes the massive slog of quests. Which are okay but theres tonnes of them. Once you get to havensward though youre gucci.

Boobs

>Two of the new features are literally rehashed content
What? Whats being rehashed from aside NG+?

Post those play times boys

Attached: Untitled.png (338x98, 53K)

>be too retarded to use Google
>wonder why everyone calls me a retard
I just don't get it.

nice singleplayer story game, but where is the actual mmo content?

Attached: 1533668454729.png (305x23, 9K)

>hard mode versions of a few Stormblood dungeons (endgame)

I'm happy you're having fun user. 10 years from now I hope you look back on these days and smile.

>use dps meter because the devs are pandering to consolefags so theres no addons
>get banned

Attached: 1561910188751.jpg (512x564, 41K)

Blizzard sucks chinese dick for a living. Fuck them and anyone still playing any of their shit.

>act like a faggot nigger outside of Yea Forums
>plan backfires
How could this happen

Did blizz make BFA shitty on purpose as some sort of a Spring Time for Hitler attempt

Fuck
Literally afking
>He never played the game
Hardmode dungeons are remade from the ground up, they're usually not even identical aside from theme

Attached: time.png (298x31, 14K)

Nobody gets banned for parsing. People only get banned if they start harassing others for their dps.

Damn son
Me too, this is the longest i have played an MMO. Beta 1.0 to now. Did take a long break tho

I didn't even do that, I'm the friendliest, least inflammatory player imaginable, and yet everyone else isn't and spouts literal /pol/ memes in shout.

You only get banned if you publicly put it in chat or shame someone for their dps.

I just met Hraesvelgr.
How much of Heavensward do I have?

How long until I get to SHB?

He doesn't really play, he literally groups with people that do everything from quests to raids for him as he tabs out and watches videos other people made while reacting to them with no idea what is going on in any of them as he genuinely never really plays the game he is the poster goblin of.
That's his job he makes hundreds of thousands a year on, that's the content he creates.

/shout SS RANK SPAWN WINDOW UP PST FOR INV

I fucking hate Twitch and Twitch streamers.

>tell retards in trial to stop fucking up
>3 of them tell me the other 3 others are new and to stop it
You're either lying or you're on some bumbfuck server, I have over 2500 hours in this game and I've never seen someone being rude unwarranted, indifferent sure, but never outright rude

I asked where is mankirk's wife

fucking based

>Throwing a shitfit shouting in a populated area because you aren't intelligent enough to press four buttons to start you own group
>>I'm the friendliest, least inflammatory player imaginable

>4-6 months
>4.1 was released early fall, when Stormblood released the same time of year as Shadowbringers
>we already know we're getting a load of new content next week and even more two weeks after that
No you're literally just contradicting everything I said for no reason because you refuse to accept that you're wrong.

I think he means it was basically multitask heavy between rotating both Ninjustu (That you could fuck up if you were brainlet or got lag eating a input), the basic Combo and the utility skills (That most shitters ignored) and needing to have good ping or be unsalvagable shit since that determined just how fast you could fire off the Ninjustus, that was how i remember it back in ARR/HW anyway, would not doubt if anyone told me it got gutted down to something more foolproof, add to that that if you fuck up even once the cooldowns aren't exactly forgiving.

DNC i would honestly describe as Dumbified mix of NIN and MCH concepts with training wheels for the brain dead. You combo at a range with "Chance" Procs like MCH and Dancing is basically the Ninjutsu only you get told the signs and only have one effect that is a Buff and Big Damage AoE rather then having to choose between Buff, Big Damage and AoE. And people still fuck it up by either underestimating the range of it and pulling additional shit by accident or executing it out of range and whiff the Potency because they are THAT far away from the target.

>people are bad
>tell em they're bad
>get banned

Attached: 1557052756495.png (710x577, 45K)

You should have a quest marker if it's a quest?

Around 250 days myself. Started mid HW

Nice headcanon, but it didn't went down that way.

The game gets genuinely much better once you get to Heavensward. ARR was a massive slog for me, but I'm glad I got through it.

Never forgive them for what they did to BLU.

Never.

Attached: 1535481567599.gif (213x120, 2.25M)

Attached: 400.png (240x240, 55K)

GMs can read the chat logs.

PW up you in or not loser?

Attached: provenance.png (1534x787, 2.13M)

You can tell people they're bad if you're not a retard about it and clearly point out your parser
"I've been watching your rotations and how you stand about, stop"
sounds alot better then
"Lol you're only doing 3k as BLM"

Imagine still playing WoW in 2019.

Well 5.1 is adding a ton of BLU content, level cap increasing to 60 and new spells, and during an Interview I'm pretty sure he mentioned some BLU-exclusive endgame multiplayer 4-man content that's basically "Raiding for BLU"

What makes Shadowbringers so good?
I played through it and the story was decent at first, bad in the middle, great at the end and some of the quests like the temple at the end of raktika are great, most of them are the same shit tho.
That's what I enjoyed the most but the dungeons are still the same corridors with mass pulls, EX primals are very easy and don't really have any unique mechanics.
The majority of jobs changed for the worse:
Monk now does less damage than Dragoon for twice the effort.
Machinist is a complete mess where nothing interacts with each other.
Summoner now does significantly less damage than black mage with barely any utility to balance it out.
AST and SCH are completely fucked.

It's definitly better than stormblood but I don't see why this is suppoed to be the holy grail for expansions from now on.

Attached: 1413538860743.png (824x720, 430K)

>obsolete, pointless content
this isn't world of warcraft, older content doesn't get laid by the wayside or totally invalidated; even if it's for as pithy a reason as "i want an alexandrian weapon" that's still a reason to investigate old content. not liking the answer isn't a cop-out you mouthbreather

Bard gets cone AOE at LV18

How am I supposed to know if I’m bad? I’m playing Gunbreaker right now. Is there a “correct combo” I should always be doing and I don’t do it I’m “Bad?”

The force of pure Kino

>don't mention you're running ACT anywhere
>copy-paste portion of the completely vanilla in-game battle log if you really need to point to low dps
>you're officially untouchable because you're not so fucking stupid you have to refer to a third-party addon

Sorry user, everyone at archaeotanias now.

Attached: 1532043788710.png (1920x1080, 2.26M)

>WoW release in 2004 with seamless world
>XIV is just a bunch of mini instances and even boss areas are boring circles

Game is so fucking shit as an mmo.
>level character up
>story is great
>areas are great
>dungeons are great
>reach 80
>suddenly absolutely nothing to do
>stand around main city
>erp to kill boredom
>"that will be $12,99/month, goyim"

>Monk now does less damage than Dragoon for twice the effort.
This argument makes no sense since SAM was added to the game

You can use a parser if you want, as long as you don't say you're using one you'll be fine,
Alternatively, common sense works for alot of classes. If it seems right, it probably is.

Op here
Btw I didnt pay attention to the story til shb because I jump potted

Every single server in FF14 is filled to capacity right now, no one can make a new character. I'd say being completely full is a pretty nice place to be.

Probably halfway through HW at that point, but you still got the post-HW quests, the SB quests and the post-SB quests to go before ShB

>I'm pretty sure he mentioned some BLU-exclusive endgame multiplayer 4-man content that's basically "Raiding for BLU"
I'll have to find that interview, I'm cautiously interested by that. Running Titan Hard and EX with full BLU parties and tanking with Mighty Guard/The Look/overheal White Wind/Diamondback was some of the most fun I've had tanking since I actually had to perform well to not die.

Stop playing then, come back for next patch

To be fair that it's just XIV servers that are absolute shit and garbage. WoW remains shit tho

>Pay your sub or you're going to lose your house goyim
>Buy this 10$ emote while you're at it

I'm certain that's exactly how it went.

>make mmo
>forget to add max level content

Attached: 1510143737215.jpg (374x347, 39K)

I am a Sam Chad sorry tranny

NOOOO NOT 13 DOLLARS A MONTH
MY GUBMENT MONEY INTO THE DRAIN

Fair enough but Monk's only utility is Brotherhood and Mantra.
Everyone already forgot Mantra exists and Brotherhood only buffs physical dps and tanks while Litany buffs everyone, even healing and Dragon Sight.

>tigole has nothing to do because there aren't any SICK, HARDCORE RAIDS at launch
>the other 99% of the game is leveling up jobs, running the ex primals, fishing for weapon glamours in dungeons, etc

the music in that zone is great
youtube.com/watch?v=e4Q9uF5HGMc

L A H E E

being full has nothing to do with shit servers. they have exceeded capacity due to high demand. meanwhile wow has so many servers that clearly aren't in demand and should be shut down or merged already.

Ok then, Nostradamus. Here's your (you), now fuck off back to your tranny discord.

Did you already farm Goetia so you can farm the EX primals you can have a 450 weapon, 450 accessories and 440 armor? Fully melded? Your crafters are maxed?

less pressure to rush through the story like mentions.

Pray if I need to return to waking sands even once more...

>XIV can't handle 1-2m at launch
>WoW handled 10m+ multiples times while getting suffering DDoS attacks

Attached: 1548841231749.png (385x555, 194K)

But that's just boring filler content. Also, can't do ex primals if nobody's gonna take you unless you suck cock to get into a fc/have clear experience.

Litany is nerfed and a max 400/500 rDPS increase while Dragon Sight is not even 100 in freaking ShB. Check logs.
Monk deals more damage than DRG (check logs again) and has a bit of utility on it too so it's perfectly fine. Also brotherhood is 90s which is a huge difference on a 180s and 120s cooldown.
MNK problem right now is the absolute fucking shit state of his rotation and that dumb ass skill that handles GL being used into the opener by abusing server ticks

One of the FATEs even shits on that in Shadowbringers, I think. I know Ardbert shits on the Titan questline and having to get ingredients for a dinner if you tell him to fuck off and leave you to your sandwiches.

I'm only level 41. Ive been grinding those fate things

you got your money's worth, feel free to stop any time

There's a key difference between
>"You're fucking up these mechanics and your DPS keeps falling to the floor because of it."
and
>"According to my parse, you're outputting an average of 10,876 DPS when you're supposed to be doing at least 11,500 DPS. Why are you so shit?"

The thing that gets you banned is revealing you're parsing them.

back when wow had 10 million they had a use for those 100 servers, but clearly not anymore.

I have tried FXIV three times already and there is SOO much stuff I straight up hate...
>The game is instanced to hell and beyond, there is a loading screen every 5 minutes. Even cities have multiple instances, wtf.
>Invisible walls everywhere, can't explore shit. Can't even jump into the fucking water.
>Combat is slow, unresponsive and so devoid of meaningful decisions that it gives me fucking sensory deprivation.
>Spell effects are so overdone that when more than 2 peple come together it becomes a clusterfuck of particles that make it impossible to see what is going on.
>Quests are straight up from 2002: kill xx, fetch item x, talk to y.

How the fuck did this shit become so popular? I see one of these threads up everytime I come here. Where do these people come from? I can't believe there are rational human beings out there that enjoy this shit.

Attached: ff1-009.jpg (1000x692, 974K)

>filler content
retard

also if you can't find a ex group already, it sounds like you're just bad or have extremely poor social skills.

SE is smart enough to quarantine trannies and ERP fags to one specific server, also their dev team are made of people who know their shit about making games.
Blizzard on the other hand, has literal trannies in their dev team, they play on tablets and don't know shit about game dev.
You were the tranny all along!!

>adventurer in need: tank
>it actually needs healers

Attached: 75687913.jpg (500x465, 36K)

Imagine trying to ddos anyone through a 56k modem.

WILD AND PURE AND FOREVER FREE

cities are not instances if everyone shares the same persistent world. instances would be eureka where you have 5 copies of the same place

t.lazypeon
But joking aside, this isn't the game for you, if you don't like it you don't like it. Same goes for a ton of other games out there, don't force yourself to understand why it's popular or liked

It has a decent story and it was fun playing through it but I can't defend this game as a mmo, even nuwow is better.

You got filtered, everything you posted is fixed in expansions

Almost everything you listed is every single MMO on the market. XIV happens to be the best of the genre and that's it.

>ps3 limitations
>ps3 limitations
>objectively a bad opinion
>can be changed in settings
>>>MMO
WoW is more your speed.

>nothing interacts with eachother for MCH
It's fine, not everything needs to super interact with eachother and its better than old wildfire being the only form of interaction
>keep Overheat active as much as possible
>weave those Ricochets and Gauss Rounds
>drop the mecha whenever you have enough charge
>use Reassemble on Drill/Air Anchor
A job doesn't have to be designed around doing on thing in particular, it's a load of fun, really feels like what a Machinist job should feel like, easy to pick up hard to master.
Monk isn't that hard, Dragoon is only better in a casual setting and anyone with brain cells easily can out-DPS a Dragoon as a Monk, also there's literally nothing wrong with Dragoon actually having good DPS now
Summoner can move and raise so its still better than Black Mage even if the latter has better DPS
AST and SCH are fucked because you idiots bitched about healers too hard and they overtuned WHM up and overtuned them down, they'll probably adjust them in the coming patches anyway because as it stands AST does 1/2 to 2/3 the DPS of a White Mage
Tanks are all universally improved, except for the fact that Warrior basically has no niche, since GNB is Blue DPS, PLD and DRK have better mitigation and niches, and PLD has better DPS on top of that, but WAR is basically unchanged in how people actually play it so who cares.
SAM is basically unchanged, BLM is basically unchanged, RDM is basically unchanged, NIN is basically unchanged, GNB and DNC are fantastic additions.

What does it have to do with anything? Even if that were the case, for me the game is unplayable as it stands, because I can't find groups or a FC, and that just makes it bad.
In other MMOs at least its possible to find other players to do anything with, in FFXIV you literally can't, because everyone's a fucking asshole.

protip: stop being poor and get a good ssd. loading takes less than 5 seconds on my pc. beats having to waste my time and everyone else sub time by walking across an empty stretch to get to the next part.

Probably. Because it will be a Flavor of the Month game, and be pretty popular for 1-3 months.

Then it will fucking drop like a rock into obscurity and will only be played by the purest of WoW autists.

>and will only be played by the purest of WoW autists
Which is fine, if they're really looking for that kind of people to play with

The only people I hear complain about the loading screens are people playing on old PS4s or a toaster.

youtube.com/watch?v=sZocF5j1iA8

>play MMO
>get to endgame
>be so stupid that you play solo
good job

>Literally no incentive for group play while leveling because everything is queued for
>Be surprised when people get to max level without friends

XIV is barely a mmo, somehow even worse than nuwow

What makes you think I don't have and SSD? Even if the loading times are not THAT long, they are still incredibly annoying. They break immersion, they make it harder to explore and see other people. MMOs are about the journey and exploring a persistent world. For example, I would have loved to jump off Limsa Lominsa into the ocean, just for the fun of it. Not possible: instances and invisible walls...

I mean, I wouldn't know how to do anything else.
I can open up a group in party finder, and people will join in and leave after 2 attempts, aka 5 minutes of playtime. Wow, such joy.
Other than that, I never got asked by a single fc to join, so what the fuck does this game expect me to do to get to the multiplayer part?