Warhammer 40k vidya

how would you make a good 40k game?

>L4D/star wars battlefront 2 objective-seeking survival game
>each playable class has various advantages and disadvantages
>space marine would have a chainsword and bolt pistol, be high armor but only short range and solid melee
>techpriest would have short range weaponry and mediocre melee, but be able to interface with machines such as turrets or resupply depots
>guard would have very short respawn times and have more spawns available, but be low HP and have middling mid-range weapons
>sister of battle would have high powered ranged weapons - melta, las, plasma, etc, but be low HP
>inquisitor would be good with midrange shooting or melee, middling HP, and the ability to call in support strikes

>objectives could take place on a variety of worlds - middle of an Ork Waaaaaagh!, a manufactorum taken by Chaos, a planet in the webway in the midst of a drukhari raid, a planet held by the t'au, a partially tyrannoformed planet taken by the tyranids, a partly awoken necron tomb world

>potentially able to unlock various 'hero' units - a grey knight, various assassins, larger vehicles like dreadnoughts, leman russes, or kataphron servitors

Attached: 916Cl9bg8rL._SX425_.jpg (425x287, 41K)

I'm a little confused by what you mean as L4D and Battlefront 2 based? Would it be linear campaigns, like LFD, or the more open maps of Battlefront?
How easy is it to melee the T'au?

Attached: Salt Powered Robot.jpg (549x540, 39K)

maybe some maps are open, such as the tyranid world, but some are more confined, such as a manufactorum.

I want a Gorkamorka mmo focused around minigames such as squig eating contests and dustruction derby, openworld exploration in your trukk with your boyz and ancient necron crypt dungeons.

Attached: 1549411491550.gif (140x139, 110K)

Give me a battlefield style FPS with massively unbalanced power level. Guardsmen/Traitor guard have instant spawns but are shit, Marines/chaos marines would be strong as hell but have 1/10th the numbers and long respawn times.

Attached: 1495586363177.jpg (900x559, 391K)

a game based on orks where you actually participate in a Waaaaaaaaagh! would be fun as hell

First step is to make a DoW like the original, this time right.
Then once they've got their fans back they can expand into other genres

If you get on a kill streak, do you have the option to spawn in as a Dreadnought hero unit and just rampage through everything?

Attached: Space Wolf Dreadnought 1.png (832x1155, 1.98M)

>40k crpg where you play an inquisitor crash landed on a planet.
>customize your ordo and philosophies and stats and physic abilities
You pick up companions like a lone space marine, commisar, techpriest, and other acolytes to join you.
>Visit deserts, jungles, and a hive city
>take on quests and uncover secrets etc
>art is blanchitsu and inq28 inspired

Pic related is an inquisitor conversion I made. I want nothing more than a good 40k rpg.

Attached: IMG_20190413_133637_994.jpg (1080x1079, 54K)

Give the marines side even more powerful "super classes" ya, But I would not tie they up to kill streaks, the whole point is you are one walking kill streak after all.

Also, sometimes a guard vs traitor or a loyal vs chaos game pop's up in your match making to make you change your load out a bit and to mix it up

Oh shit a warhamer thread
I hope you're ready Jim for some BLOOD BOWL
You do play the best spinoff right Yea Forums?

Attached: apps.50518.67025093872864496.7eeb7e60-b715-4753-b533-d0c44bdbc3ce.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

>how would you make a good 40k game?
you know helldivers?
make it a warhammer 40k game
make almost every race playable
put effort in it
and you have a good warhammer game

Attached: warframe wii version.jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Planetside
>WH40k coat of paint
>Maybe just the plain factions Orks, Eldar, SM, CSM. to start with
>can have a character of each faction.
>Rank up the more ya play ala Orks start as regular boys but can turn unto specialized Nobz. But can be any tier troop once unlocked
>Of course lower tier troops can counter high tier with specialized weaponry.
>Maybe even one player can be Warboss, Farseer, Force Commander
>Each faction has special traits Orks have waaaagh for increased speed and melee damage, SM drop pods easy reinforcement or dreadnaught drops, eldar have webway for flanks or giant surprise attacks, CSM can sacrifice themselves to play as daemons.
>Iconic vehicles MBTS Looted tanks, Predators, Fire Prisms.
>Maybe piloted walkers but Wraithlords and Dreadnaughts wouldnt make sense lore wise fuck it

MITE BE COOL

Attached: xwPXWRM.jpg (2500x1723, 861K)

Horus Heresy Primarch fighting game

Call of Duty-ish FPS, with episodes of multiple characters of multiple races. First couple levels perhaps play as a space marine fighting traitor legions, then an Eldar aspect warrior, then a single mission as a temple assassin of some sort. Follow up with a level playing as an ork boy smashing imperial guard in an escalating WAAAAAGGGGHH before switching to playing as a guadlrdsman fighting off the orks in a massive, apocalyptic battle with tanks and shit exploding everywhere.

Perhaps even transition between characters at the end of levels by having the character you were playing be killed, and the character that killed you becomes the new playable character.

Attached: 1562610529537.gif (374x313, 105K)

I'll dump my stories here

>play as tyranids
>have some friends who also play warhammer, almost every race is chosen so we have diverse matches
>play against my ork friend
>he LOVES to roleplay
>he says his ork troops must go forward in certain pattern
>due to said pattern I obliterate one squad after another with my biovore
>in other game we destroy his truck because "lmao it doesn't fit in the deploy zone I gotta put it sideways" OK COME ON IT'S YOUR TURN TURN IT "haha chill I'll do in next turn"
>another game with him
>he brags about his new powerful units
>I deploy a trigon just behind him
>I ravage every unit near me

>against my IG friend
>I put some biovores
>destroy almost every troop in turn 1
>we win

>against the grey knights
>no friend could win him
>we play a zone capture game
>I win
>he gets mad as fuck

now every friend moved out of my city or country and I can't play with anyone

Attached: 1523044943351.jpg (240x229, 6K)

>Defending a base with my SM brothers
>Greenskins begin sending waves
>One Ork starts shouting WAAAAGH
>And then another, and then another
>Suddenly tons of Orks start rushing shouting and waving chainaxes and choppers around
>Captain calls in drop pods right on top of them along with Terminators deep striking in
Fuck that would be good

Attached: 1545013968301.gif (500x269, 1.16M)

Massively Multiplayer + Online Shooter

Basically Planetside (Planetside 1 preferably), capturable planets, added terrain/building destruction (rebuildable), with all the usuals as the main factions, and then Tyranids as a minor playable faction that just fucks with the other ones by destroying bases/planets.

God I so wished Planetside to be successful

And then Eternal Crusade ended up as nothing like any of this.

spore style Ork game
>start as a fungus, destroying other fungi
>grow as an Ork, become stronger
>gain more dakka, choose your battle color
>red is faster, yellow is more explosion,...
>kill more, grow bigger
>become warboss, engage WAAAAGH!!
>keep fightin', be happy