Is this worth getting for someone who's never played a Yakuza game?

Is this worth getting for someone who's never played a Yakuza game?

Attached: c0fa97e2cccb4c350c7e2545181c3e42baf7c54f.jpg (368x498, 38K)

If you like fun, yeah.

It was my first as well. Pretty fun.

Attached: 1556446207568.gif (500x324, 2.21M)

Dude I’m in the same boat, have both 0 and Kiwami in my Steam cart.

Are there any japs left that look that manly?

yes it's the best place to start

Is this not Kiwami?

Do it for Majima.

Attached: 1555610263464.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

So what? I just wanted to post a funny yakuza image.

Attached: 20190222114102_1.jpg (1920x1080, 377K)

Yes, it was my first yakuza game and I loved it

being a big enough weeaboo to learn japanese to a conversational level will help a lot since there is a good chunk of non-critical untranslated material in the game

Yes but the ending will make you sad. Majima is the true hero.

Yeah, street signs.

Don't buy kiwami

Watch some gameplay videos and decide for yourself. I didn't end up liking the Yakuza games much as I found the core beat em' up combat got old quick and the story didn't keep me interested. A lot of the minigames feel like a chore to complete as well.

0 is a more engaging starting point since Kiwami has been updated to slide in better with more stuff to do. Kiwami not so great in comparison.

I bought it and I'm having fun with it. The combat is great and it's pretty funny. But the minigames are fucking chores and they're all hella boring except for the karaoke. There's also long-ass transitions between everything, especially in the minigames, which wastes a lot of time.

Playing through it now and it's interesting but I can't imagine 6+ games of this

street signs, posters, passerby verbal conversations. it's not game breaking but I find it neat to know what people are actually talking about on the side

>doesn't post the perfect loop webm

Attached: Majima dance.webm (896x512, 1.19M)

yes, 0 was my first yakuza game too and i don't regret it
i have absolutely no regrets and would recommend it to everyone

Don't listen to this retard Kiwami isn't as good in terms of content compared to 0 but it helps tie the story together its more of an expansion to 0 so you won't be as lost when going to K2 and reminder that snoyboys are still shit talking the games to steer newer players away bc theyre mad they lost another exclusive to pc

Welp, Mahjong completion done. Wasn't too bad. Actually far from being the worst on the completion list. Can't even say I don't wanna see Mahjong tiles any time soon.

Attached: 20190708222557_1.jpg (1920x1200, 424K)

You will inevitably start to feel bored. You will walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation. You will read and read and read while character models stare at each other lifelessly. You will do the same unchallenging fights hundreds of times over where enemies pose no threat. You will stare at cutscenes that play out in the slowest way possible. You'll tell yourself the story has gripped you while trying to ignore how badly written it is.
You will wonder why Yea Forums and various ecelebs hyped up this series, and begin telling yourself that YOU must be wrong, not them. You'll tell yourself it's good just to feel a part of something.

That's what you're in for.

who cares what others think if we still enjoy it fucker, stop posting this pasta it clearly doesn't work.

Attached: 928068553_preview_1482182911973.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

>A lot of the minigames feel like a chore to complete as well.
the real estate sidequest/mini is the only shitty part of Y0 and it's totally skippable/exploitable (cheesing mr shakedown with zap gun for $$$, buying everything)

Other than that the rest is great. I spent way too much time on caberet club but had fun the whole time.

Honestly, this. I finished 0 but by the end one was MORE than enough. I can't believe there are almost ten of these and they're all the same and some even longer.

Yes, definitely start with 0

Attached: kiryu.jpg (1081x669, 63K)

Yes. It's a prequel so you don't have to know a single fucking character. It's a good starting point all things considered.

You realize Is a Copypasta right?
He posts this in every Yakuza related thread.

Attached: XmvEeUZ.png (600x392, 541K)

Yakuza is weird side mission can be simple and fun.

Attached: IMG_20190208_171610.jpg (1200x675, 107K)

Majima looks scarier with two eyes

A lot of it is a chore but there's fun too. Kiwami is shit though. After 0 you're pretty much played the best the series has to offer.

it's actually a relief reading this and knowing it wasn't just me

Absolutely.

Attached: 1556433534668.jpg (356x378, 22K)

He mass-replies to himself.

Definitely.

Thanks for the heads up. I will buy 0 cheap and see how it goes. Probably not going to play them all.

I started with that, its the best possible entrance.

Fucking kill yourself.

unironically this

so what was the deal with that empty lot anyway

Hope you lik cutscenese and text reading. Pretty annoying for me desu.

Yes. It's a great game.

reading sure is tough

You have to go back

why the fuck did they ruin majima from there on

he was perfect in original 1 and 2, even better in 0 and then he's a complete different person

if it really just that he went "off da railz"?

sagawa is such a smug fucking monkey

stale bait

I mean WHY is it so empty!?

I won't lie, this was me. Almost bought Kiwami after 0 just to try again. But I have since accepted that it's just not that good a game. Way too overhyped.

>everyone said K2 is worse than 0
>it's actually better in every way but more slow paced so zoomzooms got filtered
The story is admittedly worse but still fun

he cute

I hope somebody pays you user, this amount of effort shouldn't go unpaid.

Did you mean to reply to me?

she cute

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Hah?

why is it that most business seems to be done by chinese/koreans and the yakuza usually just try to get into the business

oi...

This really hits the nail on the head for me. I played about 13 hours or so before I finally just stopped forcing myself to play through it. It has a lot of great moments, but the amount of repetitive slog between them is too much.

Japan is too conservative to innovate, this is why Japan needs immigrants

Yeah. I played Kiwami and Kiwami 2 but 0's the only one I really dug.

based nu Yea Forums ADD med riddled zoomer

I just refunded kiwami after playing for an hour, I never played a Japanese game before and it was fucking awful. 95% cutscene/walking with really cringeworthy dialogue and lifeless characters. Also very contrived writing, after that guy stole the ring from kiryu there is no way in hell he wouldn't have been beaten to death. Are all Japanese games as shit as this?

- "stop posting this pasta it clearly doesn't work."

*brap* :3

>it's literally impossible for someone to get bored doing the same tasks over and over for 100 hours... they MUST be an ADD med-taking zoomer
If buzzwords are your only counterargument that says a lot

Honest this, I won't lie, this hits the nail on the head, excellent posts. It's a relief reading them, thanks for the heads up, just refunded every Yakuza game I bought.

You haven't played a japanese game before really? Not even a Mario game?

Honestly this, thanks for the excellent post. It's a relief reading it.

>being this much of an insecure baby because other people don't like a game as much as you
Nobody told you to snap all your game discs user. If you like it, fine. But it's not for everyone. Did you really think this post made you look like anything other than a massive faggot?

Well I played a bit of Mario once I guess

I won't lie, this is an excellent post. Thanks for the heads up

You're welcome. Just saved you a lot of money and a hell of a lot of time.

I actually enjoyed 0 until the end. I got a little bored now and then but not that much. I listened to podcasts while I played to get myself to the end.
Kiwami though was shit. Dropped the series there and from what I hear about the other games it seems like the right choice.

Honestly, this.

It's just the pasta shitposter replying to himself. Stop giving him attention.

Just think of how much free time you have now that you refunded those games. You can sit on Yea Forums all day. Truly, the dream.

I won't lie, this hits the nail on the head

You mean this was just a samefagging shitposter? That explains why they sounded like such a faggot. I thought it was uncanny.

cringe

It's undeniable that there are a bunch of people who only got into this series because it felt "niche" and that made them feel like they had good taste
then they found out the games were "niche" because they were shit and boring

He jreplies to his replies, and those replies. Every thread now. It's some powerful autism.

passive-aggressive / sarcastic shitposting should be a bannable offense

lol wut
maybe Yea Forums isn't for you buddy

>copying this from the last thread

What is actually wrong with you?

insane autism is what

fuck you, don't defend this shit. give me one good reason why passive-aggressive / sarcastic shitposting shouldn't be a bannable offense.

Would anyone actually like to discuss Yakuza?

when did Yakuza threads get so autistic

Can't agree more.

>shitposter gets shitpost replies
>NOOOOOO JANNY DEFEND MEEEEE
Lmao

go on

Damn this is me to a t.
I was going to ask if I should try judgment because I didn't enjoy the yakuza games I played before. I guess I'll leave it.

>no new IP

Seek help.

breaker > slugger > beast > thug > brawler > rush

The combat sucks and Yea Forums never told me it was full of QTEs

Maybe watch gameplay before buying a game, instead of listening to Yea Forums.

How do you submit a request to get passive-aggressiveness and sarcasm banned on Yea Forums?

japs are subhumans/brainlets today and can't write a story to save their insect lives

Honest this, I won't lie, you beat me to a t and hit the nail on the head, excellent post. It's a relief reading it, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah

SHUT THE FUCK UP
Jesus christ why won't mods ban sarcastic posts already

Take a good look at the autism in every Yakuza thread and ask yourself if you really want to be a part of it.

Cant believe people are falling for this pasta

Attached: Boomer lan.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)

Why are all these old dudes so ripped

Is it better than Zero?

Attached: Judgment.jpg (774x852, 294K)

You hit the nail on the head with this post. I've been thinking all day why is it that Yea Forums is so hyped and yet I just can't get into it. You walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation. You read and read and read, you tell yourself it's good just to feel a part of something. And then this post hits me, BAM, it was sarcasm that was the problem all along. It's actually a relief reading this and knowing it wasn't just me

great game, anyone says otherwise is baiting or hasn't played it.

Yeah i love the game.just don't think Kiwami will be as good since it's the first game

Wonder how differently I would have reacted to Majima's intro if I hadn't started the series at 0

Attached: D-JjOyTXYAABNRU.jpg (1200x675, 79K)

welcome to summer

they're pretty different, it's really hard to say, Judgment was written by the good writer from 0, so that helps a lot

He's replying to himself and then people are ironically replying to his replies

Even if it's pasta it's not exactly a "trick" you can fall for. It's just someone saying they found it boring and others agree. Yakuza has never been for everyone. What's the problem?

kek

Haven't played any Yakuza games and every time it's on sale I'm debating whether to buy it or not.
But this is how I see this game from the outside.
Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games but I think it's quite overrated, but it still has some variety to it and in the end it's just a decent RPG.
Yakuza on the other hand... I don't know. I played a few VNs and I like JRPGs so not that I mind reading a lot, but everything about it sounds very boring and I don't give a fuck about hundred of minigames.

These posts right here, hit the nail on the head.

It's basically the best entry point for a series ever.

you are in SO much trouble once sarcasm is a bannable offence

You should probably spend your money on something else. Pirate 0 if you want to try it out, but know that the appeal mostly is the minigames, all of which aren't even as good as you'd find in other games.

Look up any playthrough video of any Yakuza game and click to any point in the timeline. 99 times out of 100 it's bound to be something boring as fuck.

you would've been more blown away at his calm demeanour

Careful I think you're being sarcastic

>Me sinking 25 hour into Yakuza 0 after buying it a few days ago and happily awaiting all the time I'll put into Kiwami.
Stay mad. This is one of the funniest games I've played and I'm loving the story. If you guys can't enjoy a sim like game with some heavy story, it's your own damn fault.

Attached: Untitled.png (633x428, 495K)

that poster is spot on
please note the complete lack of rebuttals but a handful of retards going into a complete meltdown over the post
you can see the nerves being touched

pretty much

Yep this guy is right. Have to admit it.

It's like everyone forces themselves to like this piece of shit series, i always found it mediocre as hell in every aspect then out of nowhere people starts hyping as it was the first videogame they ever played.

be forewarned - Kiwami isn't as heavy on content as Zero

When you're right you're right user

high five bro
please remember to post again when you're halfway through kiwami to remind us how the haters were all wrong along with a smug reaction image

I love Yakuza, but these are all valid complaints. They have the skeleton of a good combat system, but almost none of the encounters are challenging enough to require you to develop a strategy beyond mashing til they're KO'd. They give you all of these crazy moves and techniques but you never feel like you're doing anything other than arbitrarily deciding how to take down the enemy based on what mood you're in. The challenge mode fights are a step in the right direction, but most are not free-form fights, they are more like puzzles. They could put more stuff like that in the main game (beat this group of people without getting hit, fight after you've been drugged, fight with limited moveset etc.). It would be fairly easily to contextualize it with the story. Sometimes, rarely, they put stuff like that in, but they make the encounter itself too easy so you end up mashing through because there is never a reason to do anything else.

>zoomers learned how to copypasta

Amazing, maybe next they can learn how to acquire some taste.

Attached: 1525880602502.jpg (250x250, 11K)

I'll see you guys in about a week.

Attached: 40349268_m.jpg (600x458, 186K)

>these are all valid complaints
You love Yakuza but you think the story is poorly written, the cinematics are poorly directed, the characters are poorly animated and the conversations are pointless? I think you're hitting the nail on the head, I won't lie.

funny how that exact post always has a million replies agreeing to it, isn't it?

Attached: 1558955220816.jpg (525x525, 62K)

It's all to tiresome.

Attached: 1559601444232.jpg (567x563, 37K)

Playing 0 for the first time. I think i'm on chapter 5, when you switch back to Kiryu and holy FUCK the difficulty skyrocketed.

Attached: 1559095695213.jpg (399x382, 66K)

>THIS JAPANESE GAME CALLED YAKUZA IS MY FAVORITE PIECE OF ENTERTAINMENT, THE NIPPONESE PUT SO MUCH EFFORT AND SOPHISTICATION IN THEIR PRODUCTS! IT'S TOTALLY ON THE SAME ARTISTIC LEVEL OF SCHOENBERG'S MOSES UND ARON AND BROCH'S DER TOD DES VERGIL! MASH-UP, MINI-GAMES AND ANIMATED TITTIES YAHOO!!

Attached: 1542171827164.gif (452x371, 59K)

>the story is poorly written
No, but there are a LOT of dumb twists and it's stretched out way longer than it should be, usually.
>the cinematics are poorly directed
No? I haven't seen anyone complain about this, but if you think so, fine.
>the characters are poorly animated
Never had a problem with this. Have you examples?
>the conversations are pointless
In the grand scheme of things, most are. But that's optional side content for you. Can't be helped.

did you actually upgrade your shit? Also you should be doing the Real Estate game now that you unlocked it, only feasible way you'll be able to upgrade your styles from this point on.

it's just summer Yea Forums being summer Yea Forums

>the cinematics are poorly directed, the characters are poorly animated
if you're gonna bait, at least put some effort into it.

Don't worry user there is only one difficult fight in the game. Otherwise you'll never lose. Remember you can pause anytime and heal as much as you want. If any fight is giving you trouble just spam tiger drop. That's how the pros do it. The combat system is extremely broken so just take advantage of that.

Attached: 1549226136233.png (345x250, 84K)

why is it so fun?

Attached: 1_vh2qUTGEp3IoJd7hA65WKg.jpg (1200x675, 116K)

I'm just listing what this guy said Apparently you agree with him. Let me quote
>walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation
>character models stare at each other lifelessly
>cutscenes that play out in the slowest way possible
>You'll tell yourself the story has gripped you while trying to ignore how badly written it is
Apparently you agree with this, so I don't know why you're arguing with me now.

On Kiryu, no, I'm not that upgraded. I'd say about 30% on each of his fighting styles. Yeah, I see that now.
Idk man, I was grinding out mr. Shakedown so much he was walking around with 850 mil on him because I lost so much

stale pasta is stale

because you're an incel

It's superior to GTA or any R* games outside Bully in every concievable way. Its like night and day on how much you can do

Have sex.

>>walk from pointless conversation to pointless conversation
Kind of true
>>character models stare at each other lifelessly
But they do. Do you actually deny this? It's objecting fact.
>>cutscenes that play out in the slowest way possible
Also true. Not for every cutscene but many of them take 10 times longer than they have to.
>>You'll tell yourself the story has gripped you while trying to ignore how badly written it is
I enjoy the stories, don't agree with this one.

How does the cabaret game make you an incel?

>Idk man

You're replying to pasta.

first time i've been in a yakuza thread tho

big sorry

What are you talking about? That's not pasta. Also, it's not wrong. What's the problem?
Is this some kind of shitposting you're doing?

thinking they're fun makes you either an incel or a tranny

he's just projecting

There's an autist in every Yakuza thread calling every post he doesn't like a samefag or pasta. Just ignore him.

Is this true?

What? You agree that cutscenes take 10 times longer than they have to but you don't agree that they are poorly directed? You agree that characters are lifeless but you don't agree that they're poorly animated? And apparently you don't agree that the story is poorly done but you did say "these are all valid complaints". You're not making any sense there

Best entry to start with, YES

It's only fair that everyone get this warning. I wish I had gotten it before wasting my money. I wasn't lucky enough to get it in a sale, either. Total garbage, literally a meme series.

fucking kill yourself

No.

Attached: stale.jpg (1863x815, 353K)

Yes. You can see for yourself in game.

in my personal headcanon i like to pretend that the series ended with 2

prior to 0 that was probably the best the series ever got

yikes

Not a LOT goes on in there let me tell you

user you seem really keen to make me say I hate Yakuza. I don't.
I don't think it's poorly directed but yet a lot of cutscenes are way slower than they need to be.
The characters ARE staring at each other lifelessly during conversations on the street. Are you going to tell me they don't? Can you? You know you're lying if you can.
But I don't think they're poorly animated when they do move.
And yes, there are valid complaints.

Are you autistic or something? You seem hell bent on demanding everyone either 100% praise Yakuza as flawless, or insist they're 100% just a hater who hates EVERYTHING about these games and says they're SHIT. It's weird.

I love Yakuza. But the flaws listed are real ones. Do you think the games are flawless? Answer me. I bet a million dollars you won't.

you made that shit up

no it's stale as fuck shitpost pasta

god dammit

So you can't pause during fights and heal? And you can't spam tiger drop to win boss fights?

oh yiss ;)

Attached: DeFunes-Jacob.jpg (600x365, 75K)

you can

why is there a yakuza-defending schizo on here?

if you want to play easy mode, don't do so then complain the game is easy

What a fucking dogshit board. I'm actually done with this place now.

Thu 19 Apr 2018

You will inevitably start to feel bored. You will scroll from pointless thread to pointless thread. You will read and read and read while anons shitpost at each other lifelessly. You will post the same long-winded bait hundreds of times over where anons always give (You)s. You will stare at samefaggotry that plays out in the most obvious way possible. You'll tell yourself the pasta has a point while trying to ignore how badly written it is.
You will wonder why Yea Forums and various anons hyped up these threads, and begin telling yourself that YOU must be wrong, not them. You'll tell yourself it's good just to feel a part of something.

That's what you're in for.

then what's wrong

what the fuck is wrong with you

so you're saying yes, you can?
damn...

you can cheese every game

mods won't ban sarcastic posts. fuck this place.

Not if they're well made you can't.
But I like to cut Yakuza some slack, they're still working on getting the combat right after a decade.

The combat is fine. Not everything has to be Dark Souls.

This

Attached: Yakuza God Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>dark souls
>good combat

why are the enemies doing literally nothing

The one thing that bothers me the most about the series is how the combat peaked with 0 and everything after has just felt like a downgrade in comparison. They tried implementing something similar with Judgement but you'll wind up using the Tiger style 80% of the time because the Crane style is both slow and weak as shit in comparison and lacks any upgrades to make it worth using in the mid to late game.

this is why I'm glad enemies are much more aggressive in Judgment

that's yakuza, baby

>combat peaked with 0

No it didn't. There is no peak.
All the games are piss easy.

>Answer me. I bet a million dollars you won't.
looks like you won that bet

>Are you going to tell me they don't? Can you?
I won't tell you that it ever bothered me. How fucking autistic do you have to be to be bothered by this? I assume that when I talk to an NPC on the street, I will read a bit of text while the NPC basically stands still. That's generally what happens in video games. Does that bother you? Does it bother you that you have to read what the NPC says? What the fuck user? Have you ever played video games?
>I don't think it's poorly directed but yet a lot of cutscenes are way slower than they need to be.
You're contradicting yourself there, but since you're clearly retarded I'll move past it.

At what point did I claim it's perfect? What the fuck kind of retarded strawman are you constructing here?

Wish he'd call me pathetic...

They are, but you can still pause heal which will never not be a problem.

This.

Yes yes he is.

Attached: 20190708134934_1.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

So when you claimed it was untrue that the characters stand and stare at each other lifelessly through long conversations... you were just lying? You've backtracked completely. No wonder you're sperging out furiously.
You didn't claim it was perfect, but you're chimping out over anyone else saying what they dislike about it. If you don't think they're perfect, why can't we talk about what we'd like to improve? You yourself admit they're not perfect, so what is it you dislike about them? Let me guess, it's a PERFECTLY REASONABLE complaint, but everyone else's complaints are shitposting, right?
You already exposed yourself as a disingenuous fuck so I don't expect you to actually discuss this. You'd much rather scream at everyone else whose posts you don't like.

>rather than simply saying "yes the characters do stare lifelessly at each other" user has a complete meltdown because he doesn't like his own answer
wew
you must be autistic, or american. or both.

So, I'm doing the cabaret club stuff. Any reason to use low tier hostesses?

not at all

P-please use me mister...

This. Yakuza games are 90% VNs. Of course the characters don't move while you go through long conversations. If you didn't know these games were glorified VNs that's your own fault.

>when you claimed it was untrue that the characters stand and stare at each other lifelessly through long conversations
Where did I claim that you fucking retard? Please stop being insane.
>You didn't claim it was perfect, but you're chimping out over anyone else saying what they dislike about it. If you don't think they're perfect, why can't we talk about what we'd like to improve? You yourself admit they're not perfect, so what is it you dislike about them? Let me guess, it's a PERFECTLY REASONABLE complaint, but everyone else's complaints are shitposting, right?
You already exposed yourself as a disingenuous fuck so I don't expect you to actually discuss this. You'd much rather scream at everyone else whose posts you don't like.
Where is the goalpost? I completely lost track of it. Weren't we just talking about how the points this guy made are not actually valid and you were wrong when you said that your, sorry HIS, points are valid? When did we stop talking about this? I still don't agree that the game consists of "walking from pointless conversation to pointless conversation" or that there's apparently too much reading going on. Nor do I agree that the story is poorly written. Let's continue talking about this. Now tell me about this reading thing. Is there too much reading in this game? Because you did say it's a valid point.

you really shouldn't waste your time replying to him

After I finished the Mars area I would sometimes go back and run a "refresher round" there with all my lowest level hostesses to give my more skilled girls a break. Other than that they're not directly useful for taking down the other clubs.

No, let him blow to pastafag out. I wanna see it.

So we agree that the characters stare at each other lifelessly during conversations. You admit that's a fact.
You also concede that cutscenes take much longer than they need to.
Just want to get out of the way that so far you've conceded to the same points you're fuming about.
Now, about the conversations, I NEVER said there is too much reading, I said it was kind of true that there are pointless conversations. I then explained myself that this is inevitable in a game with sidequests and NOT A PROBLEM.

So what are you going to fume about next? Because I know you're the kind of faggot who just keeps on crying no matter what.
Here's a suggestion: Claim I said something else that I didn't and demand I defend a position I never took. That'll be fun. Looking forward to it!

I wish someone had warned me before falling for the yakuza meme.
Maybe I'll screencap this post and post it in future threads to raise awareness.

yes

Pirate it

same honestly

it's ideal. It's a prequel so you don't need to play other games, and it's probably the one with most things to do. Also I won't recommend you getting more than one Yakuza game unless you are very into it since it's basically the same game

There was a point in Majima’s story where I fought Ryuji as a sidequest and walked away with 44 mil, so sidequests definitely help, especially the real estate & cabaret club sidequests which just shit money at you like it’s nothing.
I’m almost inclined to agree with at some points, cause some sidequests feel like that, long slogs of text with maybe one or two moments of action, and it’s painful to replay shit on Legend mode every time you fuck one section up, but if you’re a fan of crime dramas & mafia films of old, you will enjoy the story, and find the game an overall enjoyable piece of Sega’s library. There is absolutely replay value in the game, but a lot of it will be dependent on how you enjoy activities like karaoke, pocket circuit, cabaret, and the old Sega arcade games. Space Harrier was the best one of that era, this is an undeniable fact. Fantasy Zone licks nuts & trying to get a 100000 high score is bullshit on the factory settings.

That's illegal.

Attached: Yagami.jpg (682x560, 191K)

>So we agree that the characters stare at each other lifelessly during conversations. You admit that's a fact.
Yes, I never denied that. I just don't think it's a problem. Do you think it's a problem? Didn't you see that in almost every other game that features NPCs?
>You also concede that cutscenes take much longer than they need to.
No I don't, but that's a matter of taste. I certainly don't think it's a problem, I think if you're a zoomer you want fast paced pewpew cinematics, if you're an older thinking man, you want a slower paced more dramatic direction.
>NEVER said there is too much reading
So you don't think all of his complaints are valid? Because he does say "You will read and read and read", does that not imply that there's too much reading? Seems to imply that to me.
>Claim I said something else that I didn't and demand I defend a position I never took
You probably shouldn't have said that "these are all valid complaints" if you're not ready to defend his position. Just admit that you don't agree with him/yourself.

It's okay not to like everything user. You probably don't like japanese crime movie so this game never was for you and the likes of you in the first place. Learn to think for yourself before getting in an activity because some random stranger online said "It's badass".

I don't want to support being charged for a download and all the negatives that come with it. I would buy a DRM free physical copy but it is digital only on PC so I'd rather support the pirated release by pirating instead of paying.

both Kiwami 2 and Judgment are miles better than 0

Judgement maybe, but not K2.

agreed, because K2 is DEFINITELY better

You are a fucking fruitcake. I said he made valid points and then explained how I felt about them. I agree with some points, not others. I already said I liked the story. I was absolutely right that you wouldn't satisfied and won't be happy until you repeat yourself again and again and dissect every post autistically until you "catch me out" on... something? To discover what? I secretly think Yakuza is flawless? Or that I secretly think Yakuza is COMPLETE shit? What's your goal here?
>just admit you don't agree with yourself
lol okay user. Obviously I'm not the """older thinking man""" you are but this sounds like insanity to me.

but everything is digital on pc

>thinking the cutscenes in yakuza are slow makes you a zoomer now
fuck off

Howso?

>if you're a zoomer you want fast paced pewpew cinematics, if you're an older thinking man
People here say cringe so much that it's lost all meaning but jesus christ this shit is legit embarrassing. Don't make us bring back the fedora meme just for you, user.

yeah seriously

Japs have a habit of over-explaining everything.

I honestly hope everyone involved with kenzan and ishin translation projects gets the plague and dies slowly in agony

You dont deserve to enjoy entertainment if you wont even learn the language it was meant to be enjoyed in translators are cancer and enables secondary white fucking shits like all western 0babies and moose

imagine spending 2000 hours 100%ing all these games and playing ishin with a barebones walkthrough scrolling through text you can't understand because you're a literal fucking trash human being you could have LEARNED japanese in the time you spent playing these games by playing these games if you so wish but you;re too much of a retard for it

everyone in this thread that doesn't know japanese should go slit their wrists
look at these fucking redditors saying "PERFECT LOCALIZATION THE CHARACTERS ARE LIKE REAL HUMAN BEINGS" because they talk like americans

GUESS HWAT IT'S A JAPANESE GAME AND THE CHARACTERS ARE JAPANESE AND DON'T TALK OR THINK LIKE AMERICANS YOU'RE A FUCKINF RETARD DIE DIE DIE DIE YOU DON'T DESERVE TO PLAY THESE GAMES

holy shit this was literally me
thankfully I'm a little older now and not so desperate to fit in and I feel more comfortable admitting it was mostly shit
but there was some good stuff in there. I see the appeal but these games are way too much of a timesink.

look at these poor little zoom zooms. come back when you're ready for mature slow paced dramatic direction.

t. older thinking man

>I said he made valid points
Let me double check
Yep you did say
>these are all valid complaints
So either defend all those complaints or admit that you don't think they're all valid.

redpill me right now how I can learn jap. lately I've been listening to the Pimsleur language learning lessons. there has to be a better way, r-right?

>you want fast paced pewpew cinematics, if you're an older thinking man, you want a slower paced more dramatic direction.
These are truly the words of a man who owned a katana at some point

I understand how it would be hard to believe if you're 20, but trust that's exactly how it works. You grow slower with age and you start to enjoy slower movies. I'm not sure which part of this is confusing to you

Thanks for linking to my post where I said lots of things that you forgot to greentext. I explain my position and did so over the next several messages. I don't know what else you want.

Do you just want me to say the big bad pasta you're so so so so fucking angry over is 100% false? because I can't. And neither can you because you've already admitted half of it is fucking true YOURSELF. Get over it.

Yes user it's just a coincidence that children's cartoons are literally shown on fast forward and drama for old people is slow as shit.

why do you care so much, captain autism

I don't mind the cutscenes. Just saying Japan does tend to over-explain everything. Even in their humour.

lmao stay dekinai forever

>You grow slower with age
You certainly have

Attached: 13856774534343.jpg (600x602, 46K)

I pirated it on PC then bought a physical copy for PS4 to support physical copies

>Do you just want me to say the big bad pasta you're so so so so fucking angry over is 100% false?
Do you want to repeat my post? Here I'll link it
>either defend all those complaints or admit that you don't think they're all valid
I know it's hard, disagreeing with yourself, but I think you have to at this point.

not this idiot again..

Tell you what, user. Type out EXACTLY what you would love for me to say, and I'll copypaste it and post it. How about that?

And literally everyone else. Have you ever seen humans?

Got slightly into Judgment now (CH 3/4, can't exactly remember). Liking a lot of the QoL changes built into the game and additions to the Kamurocho map, really shows they're improving with the Dragon Engine stuff:
>infinite sprint from the start
>universal EXP type
>style switching is back
>darts with terrible darts actually requires a bit of focus now
>can actually fully walk into Kanrai now
>plaza outside the internet café actually has something in it
>infrastructure in place for outfit switching while walking around town (haven't gotten to PA so I don't know if they let you use the disguise menu for it there)
>more creative cutscene cinematography
>no more awful camera filter
>item shortcuts
>mortal wounds
>new dialogue menus
>more partial-motion animated conversations
>flux fissure as a new move type -- hope this can inspire them to make more non-standard moves
>fixable camera is nifty
>don't have to go to the stock PS4 saving menus
There are definitely some things they need to change for Shin RGG though:
>movement in combat only has 2 speeds: slow as fuck walking and super speedyboi sprinting
>seems to be no abilities to counter being stunlocked and knocked down over and over, leading to item chugging
>lack of evasive/defensive options in crowded situations
>fuck off with the key """""minigame"""""
>bring back karaoke
>wall jumping is a good idea but the finishers (square/triangle, not the EX move) are kind of fucky in terms of targeting
>less chases
>less/no tailing
>enemies not blocking your attacks, but somehow consistently recovering from hitstun just in time to jab you and stop your combo (happens @lv.2 combo speed, dunno about 3)
>can't direct throw anymore(?)
>QR codes unlocking abilities for purchase is a bad idea
>skill books should not be missables ever (yes I know you can buy them later, but it's still shitty design)
>bring back the rotatable minimap
there's probably more but I'm too tired to put together a proper list

Attached: 1540572763569.png (1200x800, 1.01M)

That's fine user, you've already lost.

lol

You lost as soon as you started crying about zoomers, but I was willing to entertain you a little longer. Have a nice night, user. Sorry you had to see posts you didn't agree with on Yea Forums. I know it's hard at your age.

unironically this

Kinda sucks how Judgment doesn't have gear too. I think we'll see stuff back in ShinRGG though.

shit yeah I forgot about gear

it's probably because it wouldn't make much sense for a guy like yagami to be carrying around a demon katana and infinite ammo gun

>movement in combat only has 2 speeds: slow as fuck walking and super speedyboi sprinting
>seems to be no abilities to counter being stunlocked and knocked down over and over, leading to item chugging
>lack of evasive/defensive options in crowded situations

how can you be this bad at games
speed is completely fine, learn to lock and unlock and sidestep, vault and shit
none of those problems exists unless you heavily suck at the game
if you EXmode you are literally invincible and unstoppable and mix that with crane mode and you will clear a shit ton of enemies in a matter of seconds

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

doesn't make sense for anyone to be carrying around a fucking cannon either - moot point

Hey there fellow old timer. Thanks for helping to put these kids in their place. By the way, how was work today? You're not a child like these 20 year olds, so you'll have a job, right?
It's cool that your wife or girlfriend doesn't mind you being up so late to talk about Yakuza on Yea Forums. I used to hate that things were getting slower... but I take a look at everything I have now. A house. A wife. Two children. A great job. And time to REALLY enjoy Yakuza games and posting on Yea Forums...

We have it pretty good, don't we?

Attached: older thinking man.png (256x256, 56K)

damn what a fucking line

one of my friends who doesn't know shit about the yakuza series got it on sale and he seems to enjoy it. So i'd say yeah

>if you complain you are bad at the game!
go to bed

guy's a private detective who doesn't act above the law most of the time, whereas kiryu is an ex-yakuza who doesn't really care

nice counterargument shitter

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.54M)

I downloaded Kiwami when it was free on PS+ and started it today to my enjoyment.

But people are saying it's no good.
Should I keep going?

For me, it's Yuki-chan. The best Yakuza waifu.

Attached: yuki.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

What an awful post.

So it makes sense for Kiryu to be carrying around a fucking cannon that shoots God damn cannon balls?

>EX Heat mode with cranestyle
>spam triangle
>literally kill everyone in your 5 meter range
yes you are bad at the game

only got cuter with age

>if you're a zoomer you want fast paced pewpew cinematics, if you're an older thinking man, you want a slower paced more dramatic direction

Attached: listen up zoomers, men are speaking.jpg (389x412, 23K)

decide for yourself
he's got the power of dragon autism on his side, so it does make sense

>spamming cheese makes you good at the game
awful post

I don't have a wife or girlfriend, I fap to girls in yakuza games. I don't have a job or a house, I complain on Yea Forums all day, everyday. every single day.

anyone else thought of this at the final boss?

Attached: file.png (1200x600, 557K)

good point

see

I like the small detail that Yagami can't actually use anything that can inflict a mortal wound. You run into enemies with guns and knives, but there is no option to use them.

>play 2nd Judgment playthrough in English
>Yagami says "this is Yagami" when introducing himself during sidequests

Attached: 1559224671166.jpg (690x720, 77K)

i thought of that when you fight someya for the first time in 6

HEY YOU

>Yagami proceeds to break people's skull with a baseball bat

wat

>if you're an older thinking man
I honestly marvel at people who can type this shit without realising what fools they're making of themselves
It's fucking YAKUZA not Ingmar Bergman. You fight people with giant cones.
You clearly have spent your life watching so much shit anime that you're at a point in your "golden years" where you think something like Yakuza is actually contemplative instead of meleodramatic nonsense with bullshit twists around every corner.

YAGAMIIIIIIIII
GOHAAAAAAAAN

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

>sewer doctor

Attached: 1560814534723.jpg (1003x900, 84K)

they're fine

>seems to be no abilities to counter being stunlocked and knocked down over and over
There's ReGuard but you only get it like midway through the game. You can also unlock Knockdown Evasion/Reversal and Rising Tornado. Rising Tornado in particular is pretty decent because the final hit on the spin does pretty good damage and knocks enemies down. I'm with you though, it seems like if you get crowded it's really hard to actually stand up and escape to a better location.
>are kind of fucky in terms of targeting
The O one is kind of difficult to land but I've never had a problem with S or T targeting enemies. Just point your left stick at the guy during the attack and it hits all the time. You can even manage to hit multiple guys if they're clumped together with the T kick.
>enemies not blocking your attacks, but somehow consistently recovering from hitstun just in time to jab you and stop your combo
I still don't get why the bouncing guards are a thing, it makes no sense. Speed 3 doesn't help matters too much, I mean, it's about the same as if you had Relentless Guard in 6 but it's still really annoying. They should have added an ability that makes it so enemies don't do the bounce guard and it changes to glass shatter guards instead or something because once kickboxers, those guys who walk around like they crapped their pants, and the fat guys get involved in fights you're bouncing off a lot of their attacks and it feels random if they glass shatter or not.
>can't direct throw anymore(?)
You can but it's harder from the front where Yagami grabs the guy's neck and leg because he sort of flings it diagonal to where you're aiming and he aims the guy farther than Kiryu so hitting guys a head of you is a bit of a mess. A throw from a chokehold always goes the direction you want it to go.
>yes I know you can buy them later, but it's still shitty design
Keep in mind they're only available in main story gauntlets. Just pay attention to the map and it's hard to miss

Oh, well... as long as you're happy I guess

Caught me off guard and gave me the biggest laugh I've had on Yea Forums in a while

>went from enemies guarding constantly to break your combos to enemies breaking your combos constantly via attacks

good I guess?

This unironically happened to me.

you retard must be using cranestyle outside EXheat mode

You got bored during a 100 hour game where you do the same things over and over and there's no challenge whatsoever?

Looks like we're got a zoomer here folks. Maybe you should leave these games to the older THINKING men.

that has nothing to do with my post
I'm talking about enemy behaviour

it has to do everything with your post

You're sad.

Explain how. I was comparing enemy behaviour in J to 6 and K2. How did your reply relate to that?

You'll understand when you're older

apart from you obviously playing the game wrong
its also obvious you want it to be braindead easy, pick easy mode next time or just play somethign else even though yakuza is hardly difficult

This is right though, you'll never know how many good games you could be missing out on because it wasn't localized.

I'm not. I have nothing to look forward to tomorrow other than doing this all over again. The hardest part is maintaining a smug sense of superiority over everyone when clearly my life is worthless. I complain on Yea Forums literally all day every day. How can I keep looking down my nose at everyone convincingly?

No.
Lamo battle system, too much talking, bad pacing.

>recommends cheesing through combat
>accuses others of wanting it easy

Attached: 1548201726704.gif (320x240, 2.64M)

I'm not sure what to tell you, user. I guess just keep calling everyone a zoomer? Even if you know you'd give anything to get your youth back and try again and maybe not end up such a fuckup... it might help?

>playing the game wrong
LMAO There is no wrong way. You hit people until they die, and pause the game to heal.

>its also obvious you want it to be braindead easy
It's already braindead easy, but where in my post did I say this?
Again, I'm simply comparing enemy behaviour to the previous DE game. You're really grasping for a completely pointless argument here.

Isn't the manliest man on the left the one who did cocaine?

I'll try it.
And from one older thinking man to another... thank you.

I wish I'd seen this before wasting my money. I guess it was good to see what the games were like for myself but I've never felt so burned before. I wouldn't even have minded so much if people had been honest in the first place but fans hype this shit up so much that when you're 50 hours deep and it's still the most tedious shit ever it's hard to not be mad.

>not a new IP
try again

yeah guy's a retard

Don't know what to tell you, friend. It's my first post ITT. Did the IP go up when you made this irrelevant post? I bet it didn't.

This thread is like 70% bait for summerfags. Why can't we just have a nice yakuza thread?

Attached: attention.jpg (400x433, 27K)

This

>Did the IP go up when you made this irrelevant post? I bet it didn't.
Nah it didn't, because that wasn't my first post in this thread. Just like yours, bait-kun

>accusing others of samefagging while samefagging
Ah the classic techniques never go out of style huh. I guess it's easier than refuting points you don't like.

We can't even get mods to ban people for being passive aggressive or sarcastic, what hope do we have of getting them to ban people for saying they got bored while playing Yakuza?

>derailing shitposter has their posts deleted
Finally, we can discuss the games.
Is everyone looking forward to Shin? What combat improvements are you hoping for?

take a day off, Hershel. You're wrong anyway; the post timer's longer than 54 seconds

Attached: 1552411815421.png (185x279, 60K)

People choose to not ignore bait. When bait doesn't work, shitposter replies to himself a million times until it works, and mods do nothing. In the rare case they do something, shitposter just ban evades and does the same shit over and over again.

I think what's really ruined Yakuza threads is insecurity and defensiveness being at an all time high.

If someone criticizes the combat (which is fair) there are faggots who immediately start screaming about PC players, 0fags, zoomers, resetera, etc etc. Same thing if someone says they would like to explore new areas after playing on the same map for over 10 years.

Every Yakuza thread is now packed with prime examples of this newfound unbearable childishness in the fanbase. Yea Forums doesn't "hate yakuza now" just because you saw a post with criticisms in it. Get a fucking grip. If anything has ruined Yakuza discussion, it's not PC players or 0fags or any other kind of "invader" but actually the incredibly paranoid and autistic old guard who are more interested in lashing out at everyone rather than actually discussing the games.

We used to be able to say 3 was bad. We said it all the time. Now? You're a secondary zoomer reddit tranny PC 0fag blah blah blah. Fuck that. Step back and ask yourselves who is really shitting up these threads. It's not the people who are saying what parts of the game are weak, it's the people chimping out over mild criticisms. I mean, what the fuck do you want? 500 post threads around the clock where everyone just says "I LOVE YAKUZA IT'S FLAWLESS!"? Where's the discussion?

The irony is if any of these faggots wanted to discuss Yakuza, they'd do it. But they don't. They want to complain, over and over, about imaginary enemies. Just fucking discuss it if you actually want to, but you can't, because you're too busy chimping out over someone saying they would like to see a new map. Which isn't even an unreasonable thing to say.

How the fuck do I get home runs

>Ryū ga Gotoku Ishin will never release in the West

You're very welcome.

t. Older thinking man

Nah your posts haven't been deleted just yet, but I'm hoping they remove menu healing and improve enemy AI.

>I'm hoping they remove menu healing and improve enemy AI.
What's wrong with menu healing and enemy AI?

Use your brain to figure it out.

excellent post

Attached: Ono Gang.webm (768x432, 2.85M)

There's only like six or seven ball throws and then a couple more once you get to the fourth tier and hell courses. In the earlier courses a ball being aimed in the middle is a 50/50 shot it stays in the middle or goes left, one that's in between two of them always goes left with the exception of one or two courses in the second tier of home run where it can sometimes go right, and so on. You just need to get the ball close to the yellow ball and press X when it gets big enough.

Once you beat one challenge course and one tier of home run courses you can go to the right room and buy gloves which improves the timing a bit. The once you beat another challenge course and the next tier you can buy a bat that works exactly like the blue one from K2 that basically makes it impossible to miss and extends the timer so long you have to intentionally swing early to miss.

Yes, absolutely.

that might be asking too much of our little falseflagging autist here

not him but for me menu healing is just kind of cheesy. seems pretty OP to just freeze time and down a clutch of recovery items -- it's like skyrim where you can just chug a billion potions mid-fight

It hurts how right this is. I'm glad I got to experience the fandom before it went to complete shit.

yes excellent copypasta
really original and unique

I'm sure Shin will have combat buffs. Sega made a big stink about how Yagami isn't a dragon like Kiryu/Ichiban so that's why the mortal wound system is there.

no. play them in this order? judgment 6 4 5 2 1 3 0 kiwami1 kiwami2 kiwami3

i'd recommend you play them in release order

Wait are you guys saying the enemy AI could be improved and you think pausing to heal during fights should be removed?

I guess you're right..

incredible deduction there Yagami

It's pasta? Huh. It's really good. More people should see it. Unfortunately the people who should heed the message will be the ones to ignore it. But at least others will see who is to blame for the degradation of the discussions.

I hope they don't remove that system. It's the only thing that makes anything feel like even a bit of a threat.

>I'm hoping they remove menu healing and improve enemy AI.
Isn't it time to call it a day, autist? Do you even think these falseflag shitposts are fooling anyone?

anyone got a good shogi guide

ignore him, he does this every thread
pause healing and enemy ai is fine as is

Elaborate.

Does what every thread?
Discuss the game?

>tfw i'll never go back to a time where people weren't faggots and we had moose in every thread
shame really

Attached: 1549331078889.png (512x384, 224K)

Absolutely. Play 0 and drop the series there. Yakuza is the series of diminishing returns. Kiwami is shit, 3 is shit, 4 and 5 are okay but there is a lot of tedium and story bullshit in them, and then 6 is fucking terrible. It's really not worth playing so many games which are all so long only for so little payoff. They're only really suitable for players who have literally absolutely nothing else in their lives.

You're lucky if you manage to finish even just 0 without getting bored. But remember, the others are all far worse.

You're a fucking insane retard.

I love how sometimes this game looks gorgeous and sometimes it looks like a PS2 game

I don't get it

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

how horrible

>more stale pasta

do you just have a folder or something

get what sneed?

>sometimes this game looks gorgeous

when

Good advice honestly

>ask question
>get answer
>ignore him

Attached: Arche.jpg (468x720, 86K)

Fuck off zoomer

Attached: 1561053142563.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

The guide you find in-game is more than sufficient. Basically, going to the opponent's last three rows can promote a piece. Doing this changes how a piece can move, sometimes it's a direct upgrade, other times it changes how the piece moves completely (I think Gold Generals lose the ability to go on backward diagonals if they promote but gain the ability to move to their sides?).
For all the games you can just Youtube "[Game] Shogi Challenge 1" and that should pop up with guides. For the completion list it's almost always only "No takebacks" and just winning five games, so just repeating challenge 1 is enough. In Judgment you'll probably need Shogidokoro to help you out unless you actually intend to learn it because you have to beat two matches while going in second which no videos do.

Where my older thinking men at?

Glad to see giant traffic cone in Judgement, too.

This

we out here

>when you falseflag so hard you go full retard

Damn straight.

Attached: Tsukasa_Sagawa.jpg (800x450, 83K)

kek

>you're a zoomer you want fast paced pewpew cinematics, if you're an older thinking man, you want a slower paced more dramatic direction
cringe

yes, but it will make every other yakuza games look worse by comparison once you play those

okay shitposting faggot why don't you tell me what's wrong with the enemy AI and healing during fights? liking yakuza's gameplay is "falseflagging" now, huh? fuck you

weird considering 5, K2, and Judgment are better games

Attached: Give us the Empty Lot, fucker.jpg (1024x1024, 152K)

based hipster contrarian
you know 0 is better than 5 and K2 but for some reason you don't like that

jesus user

I loved 0 and bought kiwami, but im not feeling it and im not sure why, it feels like plot is not as interesting as 0 i can probably predict the ending from chapter 2

also everything else is recycled

I just wish Kiryu and Majima actually fucking met in 0

thank god since dark souls is patethic

People were very open about how Kiwami is a mediocre expansion pack of 0.

If the devs do make 0-2, I wonder if they'll show how they met.

But they do after the credits.

>yakuza threads are now popular enough to be infested with shitposters

we had a good run guys

Non-canon fan service. If that was their first meeting Majima wouldn't be shouting KIRYU-CHAN at him.

I skip 5 and move onto 0, 6 and eventually Judgement. 5 is a fuckn snooze.

5 is leagues above 6 though

Perhaps the remaster to play it at 60 FPS will fix it for you.

>hipster

5 is barely 2 years older than 0.

It was to imply their rivalry had already begun because of stories of their fighting prowess. They didn't have to meet during the game's events. That's what made it great. Subtlety is best.

enemy AI has been braindead since day 1, and hasn't evolved at all. Pause+healing ruins the flow of combat and makes every single encounter a non-threat. Judgment has shortcuts, which is a start.

Plus, Kiryu did protect Makoto, so he's gotta be at least grateful for that.

I remember this game being quite bad, gta clone on the xbox right?

No an actor from Judgment is the cocaine man.

Playing Judgment on Hard actually made me sweat at points. They're getting there.

>the only girl not based on a real woman is best girl
Hmmmmm

Is the glasses girl from Judgment real?

This is her VA, I don't think she's the face model for Saori though.

Attached: interview04_ph04.jpg (400x600, 150K)

kewt

>expecting VA in Judgment to be awful
>it's good, right down to one line NPCs

Will Shin be dubbed?

i returned skyrim the other day for yakuza 0 and i haven't been disappointed. it's obviously a great game with soul, something normies are incapable of seeing. combat is pretty good. the cutscenes and story seem pretty good. i've only gotten to chapter 2 though, but if you are mostly on the weaboo side you should like it

Perhaps but why would you voluntarily use the dub for a Japan simulator.

I used it on my second playthrough.

>If you choose Hoshino or Mafuyu during the cake side case Yagami doesn't really even have reasons why he chose them he just wanted to shout their names out.
>Hoshino even asks why Yagami would throw him under the bus for no reason.

Attached: 1376080902414.jpg (1280x960, 290K)

Attached: 1562640810675.jpg (3840x2160, 512K)

No way.

no Colosseum
>barely any minigames (but the few are damn good)
>lowest amount of submissions
>100% completion is gone. It's now a check-list
>unlocking Amon doesn't require a 100% completion anymore. Just finish all submissions
>performance issues up the ass
>trainers are gone
>literal who antagonist
I still liked it, but it was the second worst yakuza I've played, and I own and 100%'d all of them including spin-offs

>lowest amount of submissions
There's 50 side cases, 50 friendships, and four women you can date with their own storylines so I don't know what you're on about since each friendship is essentially a short substory.
>unlocking Amon doesn't require a 100% completion anymore. Just finish all submissions
Except that's how it's been since the start of the series. You've never needed anything else, just all substories (With the exception of in 1, 2, and Kenzan needing "Completed" rather than "Finished" substories and I think 2 needed all the moves unlocked if I remember right). 6 is the only one where you only needed to beat Saejima's guy from 4 and Saigo to fight Amon. Also, you need all friendships as well as all side cases to fight Amon in Judgment.
>It's now a check-list
What do you even mean by this? It's been like that since the very first game. Do you mean the rewards from getting 100% aren't there anymore? Because yeah, it's a shame they've been getting rid of them with each new game. I can't remember if FotNS even had anything for clearing stuff on the list and K2 only had that useless fireball shotgun.

0 was kino, Kiwami 1 was kind of shit. Should I go with Kiwami 2 or Judgement next? Ill probs play them both eventually

doesn't really matter

oh I was thinking of 6 my bad

Well in 6's case I agree with you barring the completion list thing since it still gives you the War God Talisman for 100% and it's the same as other games. Seriously, that final boss rivals Kenzan's in how bad it is, especially when considering it's Kiryu's last game.

Judgment in a nutshell.

Attached: 1562639931527.jpg (779x906, 29K)