Dark souls 2:

What am I in for?
I've only played dark souls 1 and bloodborne so far and in both of those games I did a strength build. I want to change it up a little and start with a sorcery build, is it worth it? Does it make the game even harder or should I just stick with a strength build again? Every time this game gets discussed here it's so polarized on either being the best or worst souls game, I want to see it for myself.

Attached: dark souls 2.jpg (323x433, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VYMnOm8ec_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In all honesty you haven't really even played Darksouls or Bloodborne if you went strength

Magic is decent from what I remember, but strength is very good in single player (especially maces).
The game has a few problems (soul memory, some hitboxes) but it's nowhere as bad as Yea Forums makes it out to be. In fact, it's better than Roll Souls 3.

It's the best souls game, don't listen to the drooling retards that think it's the worst. The worst is 3, which is basically a rehash of 1 on the Bloodborne engine with none of the creativity of the original. 2 is kino. Expect the best controls/physics of any of the souls games. It's a good balance between the relative clunkiness of Dark Souls 1 and the looseness of Dark Souls 3.

DEX is pretty good in DaS2.

all forms of sorcery are shit except for hexes desu

best game in the series

>dex cuck

The absolute best RPG of all time

make sure you level up ADP or you will be confused as to why your rolls are total ass

Its jankier.
Also you need to change your mindset of "Strenght / Sorcery / Dex build". DS2 lets you level up far more than the other games, there are stat reset items, etc. You need to adapt to what the game throws at you and use all the tool it gives you, instead of keeping restrict to a single aspect.

It's objectively the worst in the series, but still an ok game. Worth playing through at least once.

I don't remember if sorceries were any good in 2, but hexes were easymode.

dex is and always will be for faggots.

>Its jankier.
This, due to the sloppier controls and animations. It's really frustrating to get into especially after coming from any of the other games in the series where the controls are extremely tight. For instance, if you're used to dodging and then counter-attacking, you'll find your character constantly attacking in the complete wrong direction and you'll need to wait half a second after finishing your roll before attempting the counter-attack if you want to actually attack where you're aiming. I honestly have no fucking clue what they were thinking when they designed stuff like this in DaS2. I guess it's all just a result of the game being rushed and it being a new engine or something.

me hit hard with club ogga bogga

You are an immense faggot. The game isn't janky it's just harder and you are a literal shitlord at games. Go back to DS3, dipshit and stop shitting up boards.

Attached: fedora katana.jpg (367x500, 26K)

You got PS mate?

Where did I even mention DaS3. That game is mediocre for an entirely different set of reasons.

Because it's the shittiest game of the series. All you do is lock onto shit and roll around like a retard with very little skill involved.

Your character attacks in different directions in DS2 because it's made for PvP, as in, you can trick people into thinking you're going to attack in one direction and then attack in another. You can move the stick last second to do this.

clucky controls, weird animations, try to level adp, if you want easy mode use the rapeier

It's a janky mediocre design. Also I don't know why you're listing off critiques of DaS3 when I'v said nothing about that game. You just come off as a frothing maniac.

>overly defensive DaS2 PvP babby
lol

Large variety of fun builds and fashion wasted on bosses and areas that range from boring to straight up bad, with only a few exceptions

Attached: D-v0H8qWwAAukra.jpg (464x430, 23K)

>Each DLC has exactly 1 amazing boss, 1 average boss, and 1 horrible mistake boss
Did they have to fill a quota for 3 bosses or something?

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg (550x455, 21K)

this

It literally is way more sloppy and imprecise. That's the main reason I haven't replayed it.

>sorcery build
The game will seem a lot less bad that than with a melee build.

Its alright but the combat looks and feels like absolute garbage. The Surge felt better to play and thats the biggest condemnation I can give the game.

Skip it user. Trust me, if you're coming from those games you'll just be disappointed.

DS2 is easy

Attached: DSP updated.jpg (1152x4496, 1.06M)

That’s what I thought
Pussy.

>He doesn't build Arcane
OH NO NO NO NO

DS2 is a wash because of its shit gameplay design and he played on launch with lightning spear spam. He would have died a lot more because of how of shitty the game is if he did SOTFS.

>Expect the best controls/physics of any of the souls games
LOL
worse animations than indie games with a $20 budget

>dying that many times to the easiest souls game
what the fuck?

Maybe, just maybe, it's not actually the easiest but the hardest? Ever think of that, genius?

>Expect the best controls/physics of any of the souls games
I sure enjoy my movement getting snapped into 8 directions.

You can min / max at mid - late game for a specific build, meanwhile just make a balanced build and try everything.

Sorcery is viable, so are miracles, hexes and pyromancy but you don't get anything awesome until Shrine of Amana or the DLC chapters, so you will get bored of casting vanilla spells pretty quickly. They can be OP as fuck too but again, it is not more engaging than direct combat.

Pyromancy and hexes are pretty awesome. I had a great deal of fun with that. I won so many PVP matches with the fire pillars, I do not know why so many people, even hackers, felt for that one. The chaos pyromancies are also incredibly fun to use.

What happened to you Yea Forums? When you started to acquire taste?

I was expecting nothing but unwarranted hate for this game.

DaS3 isn't hard at all, you can beat most of the game with just raw mechanical skill and there's no actual problem solving in the bosses or areas unlike previous games.

>ds2 Hardest
>Doesn't have Laurence or Orphan
That's a solid Yikes/10

>Laurence
cleric beast of fire WEW
>Orphan
OH NO NO youtube.com/watch?v=VYMnOm8ec_w

Let me recall that..
>Ice world
>Pit of the Chaos Lord while Kid rock plays on the background, featuring Silver Chariot
>El Frio Gato
>Ayy ayy los malos gatos!
I cannot believe I actually managed to beat those fucking cats, the nightmares were annoying as all fuck. I would had done a full run on COC mode if not for that and the dual pursuers.

That said Ice world had the best level layout.

>Fire world
>Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki.Exe
>Bane Knight
>Helter Smelter
The Smelter was not too bad and the whole ride was kinda fun after you figure out what to do. Fire world had a pretty okay layout but I would say it is the best of the DLCS.

>Water World
>Yes From Soft I too do love Monster Hunter (That fight was awesome BTW)
>Still better than the final boss
>Havel the ROCK

Mmmm…
No, Fire World was still pretty great while Icy World had just one good boss fight. That fucking cat still pisses me off but Icy World had the best level layout of them all.

All in all the DLCs were fun except for the fucking cats, I hate them so much.

DSII difficulty is bullshit
>Here is that boss fight that is incredibly easy again, except it is against two of them and they can attack you off screen.

That is Ninja Gaiden Black bullshit.

Describe them to me. I feel like it's off but I can't place my finger on why. One thing's for sure, the game got way more enjoyable when I made my first sharp weapon for my dex build.

>you can beat the game really easily if you have skill
That's every game you fucking retard.

>cleric beast of fire
unlike the uninspired reskins you'd find in DaS2, Laurence's movesets are actually vastly different to the cleric and requires a completely different approach in fighting him

as for that glitch it's been patched out, but even then you'd need to look it up online to perform it

>comparing DaS2 to one of the best action games to ever exist
cringe

Attached: [contained raughter].png (430x447, 128K)

No, just its problems.
Getting hit in the back with an instakill move is not funny.

Not impossible, but it is hard not to opt for the cheesy way reason I think it is bad design.

If the attacks were coordinated, sure, that is different, but it s just spawning two bosses as if it was some sort of Doom .wad

you're in for trash

Dont bother, DaS2 is shit. The game looks, plays, and feels like absolute ASS. Its the only souls game I cant replay. The only defense its autistic fans can come up with is "muh fashion". The game is absolute trash and should be omitted in any future souls discussion.

Attached: 1555696821003.jpg (540x540, 19K)

>Expect the best controls/physics of any of the souls games. It's a good balance between the relative clunkiness of Dark Souls 1 and the looseness of Dark Souls 3.
It's the clunkiest of all the Souls by far. I sometimes wonder what definition of clunky you guys are using. Demon's, DS1 and the others are smooth as butter in comparison.

Attached: 1457626680681.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

>what am I in for
An okay souls game from a world/theme perspective.

Broken hitboxes, a reliance on mobs and the "you die and the more you die the less health you have" mechanic destroy the game.