When will switch be refreshed and what would you like it to have?

When will switch be refreshed and what would you like it to have?

Personally:
>bigger screen
>bigger battery
>better resolution

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I don't care

Bigger battery, and better resolution. If they made the Switch any bigger, it would defeat the purpose.

In an ideal world:
>Tegra 2 (w/ resolution/performance patches for the biggest first party games)
>Better battery
>Smaller bezel
>Better kickstand
>Higher system memory

But this is nintendo so we'll probably just get a battery/bezel change.
Upgrading from 720 to 1080p resolution on the screen would be a huge battery drain and is really unnecessary imo

>When will switch be refreshed
Honestly probably not any time soon outside of modular features we already know about, like larger internal flash-storage or maybe a higher-capacity battery. Its price/performance/size ratio is already phenomenal.
>and what would you like it to have?
I can't really think of any outstanding wants besides things currently in-development like another Zelda, or more consoles for the Switch Online benefits.

Ethernet port

The Switch needs two new versions
>Switch XL
Larger, better, more powerful, bigger resolution and screen, more ports on the device itself

>Switch Pocket
Smaller, more portable, around the same power but actually allow you to carry it around without a fucking bag

Attached: 1562434679549.jpg (1439x1430, 151K)

The new switch will literally have the same specs but not underclocked.

You'll pay a $300 tax to get the exact power you're original switch can already use but is tuned down by Nintendo to not access.

>switch XL
>switch pocket
It's like you guys don't even understand the whole gimmick of the system

Attached: liasj.png (403x448, 53K)

What about a dock with a better gpu or something?

unfortunately due to nintendo being retarded, the switch doesn't have a conventional usb-c port, it's slightly tweaked which means it would be either expensive or impossible to have a docked GPU for extra power
I think this is why some 3rd party docks cause the switch to brick, too

Heat and the sheer battery-drain involved are why you can't do that.

>Upgrading from 720 to 1080p resolution on the screen would be a huge battery drain and is really unnecessary imo
Given that there are so many games that go under the 720p mark in handheld, I think it would be fine to stay at that resolution.
Give me those 720p games in 1080. That's all I need.

>He plays his switch through a tv
How embarassing

The "whole gimmick" doesn't perform well at what it was designed for.
Tuning two versions for each market is better than having one jack of all trades master of non

A bigger battery and hardware that has the same performance, but will eat less battery life.

Larger battery more optimised GPU with smaller nm would alleviate those issues. Less heat generated, less wattage needed

Just like with the stereoscopic on the 3DS, right?

Why the hell would they make all that extra work for themselves when they could keep the middle-road console as the only one and tell people who want tinier or larger versions to jam them up sideways

Attached: 1558409271425.png (540x482, 190K)

Add a bigger screen and its a yes.

The #1 upgrade switch needs is faster memory speeds. The load times are starting to get fucking atrocious in newer games. Really really bad. 2x longer than other consoles at times

Standardized joycon rails and its size/form-factor aren't even in the same ballpark as the stereoscopic 3D. Screen replacement vs. a total hardware overhaul.

Attached: 1552642462054.jpg (562x530, 70K)

more internal storage

Attached: switch 256gb emmc.jpg (1280x960, 119K)

Reading all these comments in every of these threads i realize that most Yea Forumsirgins are fucking retarded.
>Lmao lets make the console bigger xD
>I KNOW ETHERNET PORT ON A PORTABLE CONSOLE !!!!
>MAKE PERFORMACE BETTER. HMM WHY DOES THE BATTERY DRAIN in 1 HOUR?

Fucking underage Higschool dropouts

It is USB-C. It's just not Thunderbolt 3 (which uses the same connector and can be used for eGPUs). And I don't think there's any ARM device that does eGPU anyway.

>Tegra 2
Could do jokes about how that would be a massive downgrade but instead, will attack the one you're actually wanting to say, Tegra X2.
It's literally the same shit as the X1, except with a useless wider bus that requires 4 memory chips that are a big no no on battery devices.
What you actually want is a Tegra X1 (7nm version).
Requires a lot less power, can basically deliver docked experience while portable and can run everything at full clock while docked.

Just give me a revision that actually works as advertised. I want 720p handheld not lower or variable resolution and I want stable framerate for all games in handheld not only some games.

I played through the entirety of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in docked mode because it's one of the worst performing games on the system in handheld mode.

nani

I just want every game to be able to overclock during load times like Zelda and Mario Odyssey have.

Why isn't this standard across the board built into the Dev kits etc?

Replaced the internal storage. He's also banned himself from online, Nintendo can tell if you've modified the hardware.

Mate, clearly the gimmick is working exactly as well as it was designed. It's a marketing tool, and the switch has already sold triple the Wii U's lifetime numbers.
Believe it or not, lots of people think the size is perfect and utilize both the docked and handheld mode

>a smaller and worse screen is better
>let's ignore that docked mode performance can be improved without portable mode being impacted

Xenoblade is one of the worst cases of low resolution on the switch, only losing to pretty much ARK.

>responding to an attention-whore

Si senor, I meant to say x2
Ty for the extra information, though, (srs)

This whole thing about having a smaller/bigger screen for an XL/Mini refresh is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

Just let me own one for under £200

No fan
Means more battery

Not many people actually know what tegra X2 is and think it is some sort of "end all solutions nintendo didn't used".

Imagine being over thirteen and owning a cucktendo shitch

>Switch XL when the damn thing already can't fit in anyone but the biggest of lardass pockets

As for the other bit, it would be nice if the fucking thing was ACTUALLY portable and had a battery life that doesn't go to 50% by the time you go down a flight of steps.

Attached: dumb.jpg (178x240, 26K)

>bigger battery
>better performance
>same resolution
>modest price

Even Odyssey struggled a little with docked mode, I'd much rather hit effortless stability than push for a higher res because reasons. 1080@60 everywhere would be ideal, but I'm not sure that's going to happen this generation even if we see a hardware refresh.

This. Let's not give nintendo any ideas by spamming this shitty meme
Luckily they seem to know (slightly) better this time around

>more comfortable and ergonomic
>OLED screen
Basically a more powerful Vita with a bigger screen that you can dock

Sadly, the other companies gave up on the whole gameplay thing, so its either the half assed nintendo attempt at it or none at all.

>OLED
why though, terrible for gaming since UIs are bound to burn in