Lets have a comfy 3ds thread shall we? Was thinking on buying a new 3ds xl, the above color in particular...

Lets have a comfy 3ds thread shall we? Was thinking on buying a new 3ds xl, the above color in particular. Already have the new 2ds and new 3ds small and i was wondering if the xl is worth payin 90 for.

Attached: 71062fda-8d00-4504-99c7-1787140e2fd3_1.adc9ed0fb6589a9ec1fa9cb2005e8a71.jpg (450x450, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ziperto.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-perform-a-system-transfer-without-losing-non-legitimate-titles.531950/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You could always mod it if you want

Yeah i hacked the two 3dses i have and was planning on hacking this one as well.

Circle pad feels so fucking cheap I keep thinking I'm gonna break it every time I use it.

Dumb question, but how easy is it to hack a 3ds? Is there any risk of bricking the console?

Not entirely 3DS related, but has anyone else experienced issues with sandisk microsd to full size sd adapters? I found that often when I put mine back in both my 3DSXL and 2DS that the systems fail to boot or crash shortly after booting due to "SD card removal".

Strangely it works about 50% of the time with my PC's sd card slot but less than 10% of the time in my 3DS. I tested the other components and determined it was not the micro sd, but was definitely the adapter not playing nice with the 3DS. Anyone else have this issue?

There always is a risk with bricking. Im no expert on hacking, but theres a guide around that I followed explicitly and I managed to successfully hack both of my 3dses.

Just recently homebrewed my 3ds. What are some essential games for it? I have Animal crossing, Kid Icarus Uprising, and SMT IV so far.

As someone that is so incompetent with tech that I managed to fry my computer just adding new ram sticks, its pretty simple. The instructions leave pretty much nothing to mess up

Attached: 1559590158250.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

I don't know how anyone plays old 4:3 games on the 3DS. I looked into getting A Link to the Past on the eshop but it looks miserable in that tiny window.

You might just have a faulty or fake adapter. I had exactly that issue with a non-sandisk adapter right before it stopped working completely, right down to woring sometimes on pc but barely on 3DS.

Its a bit scary if you're tech illiterate like me, but if you follow the instructions on 3DS Guide you'll be fine.

Rune Factory 4 is getting a Switch port, but if you dont mind playing on 3DS you should still give it a play, its a really fun farming/adventure game. SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked is a fun turnbased/isometric game with tons of branching storylines, and if you're okay with something more like a program, play Art Academy. Its a really fun doodling program that teaches you some basics, though you'll probably want to play it on the 3DS XL due to the larger bottom screen.

How many Nintendo franchises died on the 3DS?

I miss the 3DS exclusive hentai, shame only a few people knew how to make 3D art.

Where do I go for cias other than 3dscias ? Also is there a way to convert gbc gba games into.cia so I can install them without emulation

Attached: 1560461918478.gif (500x333, 438K)

>finally get around to hacking my 3ds
>load up smtIV because I missed it when it came out
>its a fucking masterpiece
>No one to disscus it with because everyone who cared finished it already five years ago

Attached: My demons are a bit hoy.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Yes there is. Just google gb, gbc or gba injector and you will immediately find the program necessary. I used it with several roms now. It's easy to use.

if im going to move my 32 gb sd card (with cfw stuff) from my old 3ds to new 3ds, is that going to brick the other 3ds because i have a cfw sd card?

Finally bought a used N3DS since my old one died. Feels so good in the hands.

Attached: 20190708_194819.jpg (4032x2268, 1.59M)

games
ziperto.com/
injector
gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/

Attached: 1470519420084.jpg (1284x980, 262K)

Interesting, thanks. I might just upgrade to a N3DSXL soon since that just uses micro sd without the need of an adapter

Had no idea Ziperto existed, thanks user.

Ooh, Ziperto looks excellent! You have my gratitude, user.

If I wanted to play an SMT game on my 3DS, which is the best place to start?

It's easy as shit dude. I've done it on my 2ds and my buddy's 3ds. It takes about an hour, I wouldn't mind playing tech support if you run into any trouble (which you really shouldn't if you just follow 3dshacks dot guide)

I'm wanting to upgrade from my OGXL to a N3DSXL as well.
The improved 3D and overall better performance seems worth it to me.
I'd also like to be able to stream to my PC so I can go on twitch.

it's incredibly easy.
there's also a bit of a risk when you alter your system, but I had no issues whatsoever.
just follow the guide posted in the OP of /hbg/
definitely worth it.
pic related.

Attached: backlog.jpg (434x528, 111K)

Make sure you grab the US roms (if you are in burgerland I mean), I grabbed an EU majoras mask and it kept crashing my system trying to launch

Redpill me on R4 cards. Can i play ds games without tinkering in my 2ds system?

SMT IV is what most people seem to recommend.
I'm a big fan of Devil Survivor, personally, and if you're looking for a tactical RPG, as opposed to the typical dungeon crawling of SMT games, then I would recommend checking that one out for sure.

Yes, you have to get their firmware and put it on the microsd that comes with it along with the roms, but other than that it's flawless on all 3ds models

I'm new to SMT myself, but I dont know if there is any wrong place to start. 4 has a notable curve ball with the Minotaur boss but it does get easier over time with the Final Boss for Law route being a cakewalk. As a spinoff series Persona while it gets plenty of flak really is a good starting point for what to expect.
Will JP roms work? I'm genuinely tempted to try that Sonico, Digimon World and EX Troopers, along with that Fate game only because I heard from one user ages ago that it was awful.

I'm currently playing it,loving it so far.This is my second SMT after Strange Journey.

Depends on the model you get. The cheap ones often have a timebomb, while the more expensive ones can have nice features like savestates, cheats and nrtboot partition.

I got the R4i gold 3DS plus, which was basically the top model and it works very well aside from being a tight fit in the cartridge slot.

IMO flashcarts are the easiest way to mod your system since they are going through an official Nintendo backdoor.

>Will JP roms work?
They should. I have a bunch of JP games and some EU games and they all work fine.

I'd honestly play Persona 5 if it came to Switch/PC, but sadly I don't own a PS4.

I'll give SMTIV a try. What about SMTIV Apocalypse? I also saw that.

>you can finally play the vast majority of DS games without a flashcard on you 3DS
Fucking finally.

Luma3DS is region free, but some games need language patches to work. All you need to do is place a file called "locale.txt" with the contents "DESIRED REGION ID DESIRED LANGUAGE ID" in /luma/titles/DESIRED TITLE ID/ and the majority of picky out of region games will work

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-perform-a-system-transfer-without-losing-non-legitimate-titles.531950/

assuming you're going to put CFW on the new 3DS, check out that guide. I'm gonna do this myself once I get my N3DSXL, so I can't speak from experience just yet.

I haven't tried Apocalypse yet, but I would start with IV either way. Apocalypse is supposed to take place like midway through IV's story, so playing IV first makes sense.

Alright I'll go with IV. Any tips for someone who has never played SMT before? Nothing too game breaking or spoilery, just something I should know.

I think you need to enable patching in luma for that to work, if all else fails luma lets you spoof your region as well

Should I bite the bullet and get a used N3DSXL? I have a N2DSXL already

There's no reason to unless you want 3D.

Is it worth it to upgrade from a regular 3DS XL to a New 3DS XL? The 2DS versions are only $150, but I figured I’d just put that towards a switch instead

Is there any way to play ds games on my homebrewed 3ds without carts?