*Ruins Smash Bros. and makes your most wanted a shitty item*

*Ruins Smash Bros. and makes your most wanted a shitty item*

Nothing personal kid, better luck next time

Attached: 1542687616655.png (230x230, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/simcity-creator-on-the-dr-wright-assist-trophy-in-smash-bros-what-makes-miyamoto-special/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Smash Bros. gets supers and assists
Oh awesome
>they're items
OK what the fuck

Do people play with metered FS in Ultimate at all

>Do people play with metered FS in Ultimate at all
No

I would rather by favorite got in as an assist than not at all.

It's either that or nothing, really. Are you really such an entitled bitch you'd rather have nothing at all?

Attached: 1558951354459.jpg (476x303, 24K)

Get fucked rosterfag. You don't even play the game.

People take it too seriously.

Yes, they are. They consider it an "insult."

t. Got who they wanted in as playable

Metered FS is a good concept, but they need to normalize Final Smashes. Even the weaker meter Final Smashes still range from crazy broken to literally useless.

>tfw my first party character got absolutely nothing throughout the entire series
I WISH my most wanted could be a shitty item. At least Sakurai would acknowledge their existence for once. There would probably be a Mii costume, too.

>Can't control what assist you get
Imagine if Spirits could do that.

of course, a ruleset with it is fun as hell when you have 5+

Remember when Assist Trophies weren't hated?

Why? Because it's perceived as some kind of definitive final answer that they'll never be playable? And even if it were, these people would rather live in endless false hope and constant disappointment at every single newcomer that isn't their most wanted?

Attached: 1510365582306.png (692x687, 238K)

On the other hand, you've got a 2% of the AT being the character you like.

>these people would rather live in endless false hope and constant disappointment
Yes. See: DLC discussion. And once all the DLC is out they'll speculate about the next game.

Isaacfags are the most ungrateful bitches in the Smash community

Attached: 1532287246824.png (950x900, 28K)

I want Shantae, son goku, twilight sparkle and rodin
Shantae never had a chance in hell until at least the next smash bros game, son goku is a never ever and twilight even more so but guess what, I was dam fucking pleased to see rodin as an assist.

I wish I got my most wanted as an assist, but instead we got knockoff Van Gogh.

Attached: 1516438956613.jpg (250x183, 6K)

I love assist trophies, but I wish they could act as like a selectable thing at the CSS and have a meter like FS. Like you charge your FS meter and have a choice between PK Starstorm or summoning Sukapon.

Ask for better characters then.

>Assist trophies in Brawl
Side characters that can't be realized as full fledged fighter such as Jeff and Hammer Bro. A cool way to introduce lesser known characters like Saki and Barbara to a wide audience. Nintendo series that wouldn't fit well in a fighting game still get to be represented like Nintendogs and Sim City.

>Assist trophies in Smash 4 and Ultimate
Now feels like a "you were so close" award. Fan favorites and characters that were in high demand to be playable become stuck as an item.

and while we're on the subject Why is there no Punch Out assist trophy what the fuck?

Attached: 1464644971970.jpg (365x363, 17K)

Attached: Bait.jpg (500x500, 43K)

There was, but he got promoted to playable in the next game.

She would have made a great replacement for Isabelle, drawing food and throwing it onto the field. Maybe she could have even drew the Ice Dragon before disappearing.

It just sucks because Punch Out Wii gave all the boxers great personalities. I wish they were represented more in Smash, but it will never happen because Japan doesn't give a shit about Punch Out.

>WAAAAAAH ASSISTS ARE INSULTS
hey fuckface, be happy that isaac got in as an assist. saki didn't even get the chance of coming back, instead, he got the jpeg treatement.

Attached: 2.png (220x157, 16K)

> Implying he wanted Isaac

Yeah I bet if we didn’t have assist trophies then all those assist characters would be playable.

Fuck off, assists are great and that’s coming from someone whose most wanted is one.

Assist trophies are only bad if it's actual iconic characters like Bomberman. Baffles me shitters like Banjo got in instead

People complaining about assist trophies are almost always isacfags.

The original Kirby assist should've been her or Rick.

At this point I think we’re lucky to get anything and I’m grateful for what we got. Isaac only got the steam he did because his games were fresh around Brawl, now there’s not much reason other than that he’s the guy we wanted back then. Still sad that he won’t be playable but if we’re being realistic, we’re lucky.

Honestly they tend to be bombermanfags more frequently. There are definitely chill bomberbros and maybe it’s actually just one guy but the most spiteful posts always seem to be about Bomberman, bitching about assists, Castlevania, and now Banjo

I think bomberman supporters act up because they know deep in their heart it isn't actually possible to create a moveset for him.

Ah shit meant to quote

I think you could very easily create a moveset for him and to think otherwise is simply uncreative. It's like how so many people were saying if Erdrick were in he would just be a clone of Robin while actual Erdrick fans said he would have an MP bar and menu selection, and look where we are now. That said, I'm fine with the AT.

Fatal Frame girl, Moon, Pong, those assists make sense. Yuri can't really fight, moon is too big, etc. Skull Kid, Waluigi, Knuckles, they make no fucking sense. It makes them (what I assume) impossible to add as DLC down the line.

>Add an item that allows character with no chance to get in in some form.
>Rosterfags start sperging out
Wtf I love AT.

I’m the guy you responded to but to be fair, even though he doesn’t fight hand to hand in his games it’s not out of character or anything for him to (consider that characters like Samus had punches and kicks allotted to them to fill in the cracks); Mega Man and Ryu having entire movesets referencing actual abilities and attacks is awesome, but there’s room for characters like Fox or K. Rool or Pac-Man who have all their iconic attacks and then some regular punches and kicks to pad out the rest.

>I swear, if they weren't an assist trophy then sakurai definitely would have added them!

Was Knuckles scrapped at the last minute? He looks ridiculously animated for an assist compared to others.

Attached: Knuckles.png (454x600, 208K)

> He says this when tons of characters with no moves are in

At this point we have Chrom being sent out by Robin to beat himself up and then the defeated Chrom claps for the victorious Chrom next to the Robin on the win screen, so nothing is really impossible, it’s just that it shows the unlikelihood (i.e. the decision not to proceed) considering the limited number of characters that they’re able/willing to make.

Takamaru in Smash 4 begs to differ

Imagine being a relevancyfag when Banjo of all people got in

He wasn’t decided against because he was an assist, he was an assist because he was decided against. If assist trophies never existed then Takamaru wouldn’t have been playable, he just wouldn’t have been in the game at all.

Most of the Assist trophies who actually stick around are well animated. Guile, Alucard, Grey Fox, if they told me they were all characters/character skins at one point I would have believed it.

Banjo-Kazooie is a far more popular and iconic IP than Golden Sun ever was. The first game alone outsold the entire GS franchise. It was basically treated as a main Nintendo mascot during the N64 era and even after it stopped getting games, it's still celebrated with a bunch of merchandise and cameos. Microsoft acknowledges Banjo more than Nintendo does with Golden Sun.

Trying to compare Banjo and Golden Sun just because they're both "dead franchises" is like trying to compare Krystal and King K. Rool because they're both Rare designed characters that were kinda abandoned by their respective franchises around the same time. Even though that's like, ignoring the massive world of difference of popularity/iconicness between the two.

Attached: banjoandnintendo.png (2916x884, 3.57M)

I don’t think that irrelevant characters can’t get in, but they do need some sort of collateral. Sakurai said that characters without a future are “rarely chosen,” which means that they aren’t ruled out, but his saying that still indicates something about the selection process. Banjo is a big deal, being an iconic and beloved character and also a seeming impossibility due to being owned by Microsoft. I’m not saying irrelevancy disqualifies outright, but it is a tall hurdle and Isaac just doesn’t have what it takes to clear it—if he became the unanimous most wanted overnight then sure, but as it is, we’re just going to have to pray for a GS4 and that it’s actually good if we want him in.

Why did Banjo get in over Bomberman then?

Also
> Salesfag

Well for one thing because Banjo has more to do directly with Nintendo and thus/also had more demand, not to mention the hype factor of its apparent impossibility due to Microsoft ownership (they did have it as the climax of their E3, after all)

My most wanted is literally in the game and I main them user. If you secondaries got whoever the fuck in you'd probably play them a tiny amount of time, get bored and go back to not playing the game while rosterfagging.

Reminder that only the creators of said characters/series are happy that their character is featured in Smash in any capcity.

nintendoeverything.com/simcity-creator-on-the-dr-wright-assist-trophy-in-smash-bros-what-makes-miyamoto-special/

Will Wright is happy that Dr.Wright is featured and is reminded of the days when he and Miyamoto worked on Simcity for the NES

Attached: 1555432026471.jpg (1200x675, 93K)

> Banjo has more to do directly with Nintendo
Fuck off, Bomerman was the first third-party to crossover with another Nintendo property, and Hudson Soft was Nintendo's very first third-party developer, signing on to make games for the Famicom in 1984.

ATs are shitty even if you dont actually care for the characters, they incredibly unbalanced and completely random in a large pool of choices, so even if a guy you like got the "honor" of being an AT, you will see him once every decade. They should be redesigned to be:

>1-selectable
The fact that a favorite of your has A CHANCE of appearing among many ATs is shitty, let us use our favorites

>2-"fighter"lized
The fact that some AT are so fucking useless while others are great is shitty, make them more traditional fighter assists where all are planned to be as good as each other (eventual tiers will happen but thats life)

>3- Made as its own mode
Most people probably wouldnt like it if all fights had assists, so making its own mode would be cool for when people want to use them.

There, now ATs arent garbage and actually something people will somewhat be happy of getting instead of pure contempt.

this is such a stupid argument. they can make a moveset for anyone, dumbass. sonic literally has the exact same move 2 times. they made a moveset for a plant. they could put bomberman in if they wanted to.

> If you have more demand you will be playable
Sure worked for Bandana Dee, Geno and Waluigi right?

it's not true!

Maybe they just don't have as much fan demand as we think.

>Most people probably wouldnt like it if all fights had assists, so making its own mode would be cool for when people want to use them.
Or you could just turn turn the item off.

WHAT
WHY SHOULD I -USE- THE GAME'S OPTIONS TO MAKE A CHANGE I WANT?
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE TO DO WHAT I WANT!
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Rent free

>Blastoise
>Meowth
>Waluigi
>Toad
>Ken Griffey Jr
They're all advertised there. Why aren't they playable?

Here is the biggest question no one brought up.

Why the fuck did they remove some assist trophies that were in Smash 4 when all the Pokemon Pokeballs from Smash 4 are in Ultimate? Literally makes no sense.

Attached: 1541348587335.jpg (765x490, 102K)