Remember when people would just hang out in streams of 5 to 30 people and just talk and watch games and hang out?

Remember when people would just hang out in streams of 5 to 30 people and just talk and watch games and hang out?

Before donation begging, before message readouts, before subscriptions, before "streamer culture", before paid shills.

Attached: twitch-logo.png (1000x563, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/asukaowo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

have zoomers actually gotten old enough that they're getting nostalgic about camwhoring?

Just find and stick with small streamers.

Imagine actually having rose-tinted nostalgia goggles for fucking Twitch streaming.
KYS zoom zoom

Twitch is 8 years old.

Zoomers were 4 or 5 years old at most in 2011.

But I'm literally doing that right now.

It's not your fault you're on a zoomer site that hates anyone with less than 100 viewers.

Pretty sure there are still streams with the viewer counts of 5 to 30.

>Remember when people would just hang out in streams of 5 to 30 people and just talk and watch games and hang out?
No, I don't. I've never been to twitch and I think people who would rather watch someone play a game instead of playing a game themselves are subhuman scum.

that was stickam not twitch

>I've never been to twitch

Okay there teenager. Get over yourself.

its is literally what 99% of twitch is. Only the top 1% even make it to affiliate (avg of 3 users watching) and can even BEGIN to beg.

I personally find streaming and hanging out with randos to be very very fun

>have Amazon Prime which gives you Twitch Prime for free along with one free subscription each month
>try to find a streamer with a small crowd to gift my free sub to
>find a girl playing geogeusser with 1 person watching
>join the stream
>the 1 person watching tells me to leave
>streamer says I can stay
>chat with her
>other dude is being passive aggressive as fuck
>gift my subscription to her
>he donates $100 to her and tells me to top that
>leave

Why are twitch fans so weird?

You're a fag who gave some random chick 5 bucks for no reason, I don't think you have any basis for getting upset at other betas.

Why are you such a cuck?

You're as bad as he was, thinking you're in with a shot if you give >le nerdy girl your sub.

Eh, I still enjoy Twitch, specially female streamers. I have a budget of roughly $500 a month for donations. There's something really comfy about listening to a girl ramble about random stuff, games included.

>hurr durr user is a beta orbiter

If anything, I'm an alpha orbiter. I don't wait for them to "love me" in return for donating or moderating their chats: the acknowledgment comes naturally. I just do it because I enjoy doing it. I'm currently a mod for four streamers, pic related included.

Attached: 7732846874.jpg (1200x1200, 257K)

twitch.tv/asukaowo

I've been a mod for a now pretty big streamer (2000-3000 views) for years but he only exploded in the last 6 months. It fucking sucks, as soon as the view count hits 1000 it's impossible to have discussions in the chat, it's just OMEGALUL and Pog spam now

...They still do. Just scroll down to the bottom instead of viewing cancerous 100+ viewers streams. But you actually like those streams and just want it to be your personal secret club instead, I'm guessing.

I won’t lie, you got me a bit with this bait.

true but they're all just trying to grow into the free streambux and spend all their time off stream complaining about how hard it is without any acknowledgement that they're trying to jump on a bandwagon going 50mph. there are no organic small streams unless they started before 2013 and they don't grow because they don't have a webcam, because why would you

what's your monthly budget for donating to your favorite streamers? personally I try to stay under $50, and break it up into several small donations

the oldest zoomers are in their mid 20s, retard

$0. You want me to pay some dude to not work and play video games? Fucking absurd.

So do you make any money doing this or do you do it for free?

this never happened on twitch or any streaming platform before it. stop lying

>as soon as the view count hits 1000 it's impossible to have discussions in the chat
Try 50

I don't remember that on twitch but I remember when people would form groups to stream on a single livestream channel

You don't know what a zoomer is you child

I will never understand people that make donations to streamers.

Attached: Classic Twitch user.jpg (1080x962, 219K)

>when people would just hang out and just talk and watch games and hang out
you can do that in forums, discord, irc and real life

I sometimes edit videos for his youtube channel, which I am paid for

Unless you have the reading ability of a 4 year old, no.

test

Why Nani so ashamed of Seb?

Attached: nanE.png (112x112, 29K)

Is there any potential for becoming a Twitch streamer these days if you mainly play low profile games? It's been on my mind for a bit but I feel like it would be impossible to get recognized without friends, let alone connections with bigger streamers.

Attached: 1535911050188.jpg (488x413, 32K)

Imagine learning English through twitch chat memes.

No. Only 1% get lucky and break through the 100 viewers barrier. And to get really big you either need to be extremely attractive or charismatic, or very skilled at a popular game

You're about six years late to the boat. Anyone who is big today hopped on a viral meme game or was shilled by another big streamer.
>Just Chatting
is one of the most popular categories, now all the Youtube thots are onboard. Fucking disgusting desu.

make your OWN game, then shill it, stream it make DOUBLE THE MONEY!

You're too retarded to find comfy streams. They still exist.

>mfw started streaming, have a few followers and about 5-20 viewers
top comfy, especially if you play something without any real pressure but where people can still help you

Attached: 1561466449641.jpg (360x360, 26K)

Yea Forums only knows the big garbage streamers the same way they pretend to have good taste and yet the only threads are about AAA garbage. Literally normalfag central.

IDGAF about vidya streaming, but I pine for the days where camwhores would actually make an effort to perform instead of sticking an Ohmibod or Lush up their twat and spasming every 20 seconds.

Attached: downloadfile-41.png (240x265, 35K)

Is there anyone like Aris before he turned into such a cunt?

>pls give me good boy points

Nah fuck that. Remember watching comfy illegal streams for the latest episode of Breaking Bad on Justin.tv? I do, zoomer, I do.

You can still do that. Only morons watch the top streamers. Everyone with brains seek out the little guys, for a chill hang out vibe.

I hate this too. It just looks awful having that little pink thing sticking out of their holes. So unappealing to look at, and all they do is fake shake. Who likes this shit?

I lived off the 24/7 Simpsons/KotH/AVGN channels more than I should admit.

no one here was on j.tv
shit, i was streaming games on j.tv and that was like proto twitch.

And before twitch there were justintv, livestream, and ustream and others. Livestreaming games is an old fucking thing.

>alpha orbiter
kek