Time to debate:

What is the best Final Fantasy ever?

Attached: Yuna_Tidus_Naora_Artwork_2014.png (1280x720, 966K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendosoup.com/famitsu-reveals-top-20-games-of-the-heisei-era-as-voted-by-readers/
youtube.com/watch?v=13ZYRXdYq_U
youtube.com/watch?v=h-iAPNfg7kA&t=268s
youtube.com/watch?v=fGoSAJeVwg8&t=524s
youtube.com/watch?v=FqMbD9yXWEM
youtube.com/watch?v=PiPomfq9UKs
youtube.com/watch?v=sphOi1zN300
youtube.com/watch?v=1xRCjjiTR7I
youtube.com/watch?v=dWE0nlhpdq8
youtu.be/sxDXOWwNGHU
youtu.be/ascfjJXDWjo
youtu.be/aKHUcCQ65mg
youtube.com/watch?v=lyyqKg3wDbg
youtu.be/dKBz1KsQY1Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everyone universally agrees that FF6 is the best in the series, FF6 & Chrono Trigger are pretty much on the same level as OOT now in terms of acclaim

VIII

Whichever happens to be your favorite.

>Everyone universally agrees that FF6 is the best in the series

I don't. Only ultraboomers say this, and I'm a boomer of 26yo my self.

Maybe you should tell the Japanese.

>nintendosoup.com/famitsu-reveals-top-20-games-of-the-heisei-era-as-voted-by-readers/

>Chrono Trigger
>Final Fantasy VII
>Final Fantasy X
>Final Fantasy XV
>Final Fantasy XI

X with no contest for me. Also its soundtrack is legendary.

youtube.com/watch?v=13ZYRXdYq_U
youtube.com/watch?v=h-iAPNfg7kA&t=268s
youtube.com/watch?v=fGoSAJeVwg8&t=524s

Attached: original.gif (500x282, 950K)

The only people who don't say Tactics are contrarians and people who haven't played it.

Easy. It's 7, every other Final Fantasy is overrated trash.

Anything between IV-IX

You're a retarded fucking Millennial.

Spirits Within is the best.

How can I be a millenial if I was born in 91?

"best" overall is always subjective because music and artstyle play a huge role, you can only judge certain aspects which are, when it comes to being the best, are also subjective.

FFX and FF6 are the only ones that hold up to this day.

Man they butchered the story with FFx2, audio book and last mission.
I wish we could get an Auron Braska and Jecht game with their pilgrimage

My fucking NIGGER

Final Fantasy X has amongst the best visuals and music ever created in a game. Truly a regard in cinematography.

Attached: tumblr_6f110076dc165e353264163d3187e7e9_e31bdbc7_500.gif (500x278, 2.82M)

I liked V the most. I wish more people did.

>Japan's taste
>Shit
Pick two.

The theme of X-2 is brilliant, but the whole
>THERE WAS AN EVEN BIGGER THREAT THAN SIN ALL ALONG
main storyline I could have done without.

X-2 should have never existed and Tidus should have remained dead. A prequel based on Braska's journey is what they should have done.

Shadowbringers

Best overall?
Tactics.

It's IX, and Shadowbringers is the best FF since IX, get fucked Xfags

Attached: 1562351531484.png (961x717, 808K)

>Japan's taste is questionable when it doesn't work in my favor

lmao

Mainline FF games are impossible to divide by whats the 'best'. Everyone has a different opinion on what makes their favourite the best.

4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 were all amazing. I cant even pick a favourite myself because they are unique enough that my opinion changes depending on wha I'm in the mood to play.

>Pretending Japan's shit taste isn't a well chronicled phenomenon
Hello, newfriend.

In no particular order, the best ones are 3, 4, 6, 9, chains of promathia, shadowbringers, and tactics.

VII > X > XII > VIII > VI > IV > I > III > V > IX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XIII

Not Final Fantasy Tier: FFXV, FFXI, FFXIV.

you're a retard, thats why

>IX second to last
>XIV not final fantasy
We get it user, you like the taste of shit

Based 14chads

Attached: smugg emperor.jpg (1366x768, 184K)

>10 is good
>8 is good
>11 and 14 aren't FF
The legendary shit taste, in the flesh

XIV is as much Final Fantasy as Tactics. Great games on its own genres, but they are fucking spin offs.

IX>X>VII>V>IV>VI>XII>III>I>II>XIII>VIII

>caring whenever people are born

Fucking stupid.

>The 3 best FF games aren't FF
It really, really makes me think

>11 and 14 don't count because they're MMOs
SPonlies are depriving themselves of the two best FF stories since 9, or perhaps at all. CoP and ShB are both fucking amazing.

The average player agrees that 7 is the best. Elitists will claim 6, because 6 is also quite good and they don't want to say 7 because it makes them sound like a pleb. Younger players will claim 10, because they played it before the others and think that they seem primitive without voice acting and 3d environments. People who really, really like Tactics but can't pick it because it's not a numbered FF and thus outside the conversation will pick 12 because it shares a universe. Older fans will say 4 because it was the first FF that had a proper story to it and it introduced them to what would become the FF concept. People who favour gameplay over story heavily will say 5, because 5 was the apex of the Job system and had gameplay that was quite good(not that the story was bad, mind you, it's just a little simplistic). People who absolutely despise turn-based or ATB combat will say 15, though they likely have not actually played much of the others. Contrarians will say 8, because that's what the average fan will say is the worst one.

Almost no one will say 1, 2, 3, or 13, and I don't consider 11 or 14 to be contenders since they're MMOs.

oh, and I forgot it the first time and had to repost this, but people who have a lot nostalgia for earlier games and didn't really enjoy 7 or 8 but prefer more detailed graphics will say 9.

Not saying they're bad at all, and I've been considering getting into 14 these days, but however good it may be I still feel like it isn't really in the running. I don't think tactics or any of the sequels are, either, even though Tactics is a fantastic game. They're just not really mainline FFs.

this.

>mainline numbered FF games aren't mainline FF games because I say so

Attached: tism.jpg (800x482, 96K)

>not really mainline FFs
>Final Fantasy XI
>Final Fantasy XIV
They're mainline games solely because of their naming convention whether you like MMOs or not

Whenever someone like you asks this about ANY game series, the only correct answer will always be the first game
Because without the first game, none of the sequels or next installments would ever have existed

Listen, friend, you can definitely see why I'm excluding them and pretending not to understand purely so that you can gain points in a bullshit anonymous internet argument that no one else is paying attention to is pretty pointless. They're not single-player JRPGS, they're MMOs. It's a completely different genre and the fact that they're numbered based on the naming convention doesn't change the fact that they are fundamentally very different from the rest of the series. It's apples and oranges. You've got to judge them with a different standard and that makes any attempt to decide whether, say, 14 is better than 10 basically impossible.

>It's a completely different genre because other players are there
>But 1, 6, 10, 12, and 15 are all the same genre

Attached: you.jpg (208x326, 10K)

>All this text just to repeat mainline FF games aren't mainline FF games because I say so

Attached: 1562370854772.jpg (853x820, 180K)

>My opinion matters more than what the creators of the series thinks
yup it's autism alright

Nah FF4 or 7

10. Full stop. The end.

I wanted to try that Remako mod but the installation guide is confusing as hell.

Attached: FF8_EN 2016-12-28 19-46-49-13.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

the real answer is IV. the other one's got too many problems with them.

IV is the distilled essence of FF that's come closest to perfection

Not a fucking chance.

playing through X right now holy shit how can anyone take this game seriously with this dogshit voice acting apart from Wakka and that piece of shit minigame called Blitzball? It's like half of the tutorial was just a complete lie and they wanted you to lose the first tournament. The combat is awesome though

Agree. No other FF brought to you so many beauties as pic related delivering your first childhood faps.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

FF7 is the best one, but my favorite is FFX-2.
Outside of FF maybe Chrono Cross or Suikoden 2. I think Chrono Trigger is massively overrated, even though it looks really pretty.

>love short haired girls that aren't dyke cuts (anime Tomboys and Bobcuts are my jam)
>Yuna does absolutely nothing for me
I never understood why.

Fucking zoomer. Do you realize how incredible was hearing your characters speaking for the first time after a decade of games made of inexpressive mute puppets?

>X
>Game full of Al bh*d
>Best
Fuck off

Attached: 1473449183896.png (1920x958, 2.37M)

Erectile disfunction. Stop watching hentai.

Because combat is the most important part. Voices aren't important, and blizball can be totally ignored after the tournament.

Don't feel like there is a best overall. Personally for me it was 11, but I also really enjoy 1 and 7 a lot and have replayed them both multiple times. 3, 8, 10, and 12 were good. 14 was alright, but really not a fan of the design philosophy. 2, 4, and 15 were really flawed and couldn't finish them. I blame the DS remake on 4, but it still left a bad impression. Never have played 5, 6, or 9 for more than an hour, and never even touched 13 so no opinions there. Although 13 looked boring as hell watching a friend play it.

tl;dr I'd personally say 11, but in reality there is no 100% answer.

Attached: Ky9nppV.png (1920x1080, 2.66M)

Whats lulus back story she obviously isnt an al bhed and was a guardisn before hand.
Wheres she from?

Crystal Chronicles, fight me.
Never understood why some people adore 4 so much. The 3D version is the only good one.

The Isle of Big Tiddy Goth GFs.
>I blame the DS remake on 4
Don't, the original game was easier, more hand-holdy, and had a worse story than 2.

Attached: knowledge.png (667x739, 817K)

What was the fucking point of this guy other than the kino theme?

Attached: 756544356.png (837x576, 776K)

>only game that lets you watch 90% of the al'bhed population get obliterated throughout the game, either by sin or nukes.
I don't know what you're complaining about, brudda.

Attached: 15265706764256.png (884x488, 657K)

6,7,8 are best

I was a teenager back then and even now she does nothing. But when I see Olwen from Fire Emblem, my heart is happy. Same with Ryuko from Kill la Kill, Sword-chan from Pokemon/chicken-chan and Franziska von Karma Just to name a few. I like a lot of short-hairs but Yuna... Nope. Nothing but indifference

Attached: 71446685_p18_master1200.jpg (800x800, 326K)

As a whole, V is the best. God tier job system, lovable characters, music to die for and a story that while not as ambitious as the game before and after it, was extremely fun and surprisingly emotional. It really captures the sense of playing a wacky D&D campaign with your friends.

Attached: Final_Fantasy_V_Box_JAP.jpg (450x249, 101K)

About 4, I dropped the game because I didn't grind and prepare myself and got to a point of no return where the enemies were more than I could handle so I just keep dying and can't backtrack to grind. Felt like a design oversight rather than just being a bad game so I can't form as solid an opinion against 4. Not that it was gripping me at all.

At least 2 (actual 2) was interesting until the end game where it did the same thing, but I could grind to continue and just chose not to bother at that point.

God essentially. After having witnessed Kuja's actions, it came to the conclusion that life isn't meant to exist.

No idea how you could say 8 is even a contender for the best.
Junctions were broken as fuck, plot convenient orphanage, scaling mobs, draw system. God it was a mess.

He came to dab on life once Kuja nuked the crystal and your party. You're basically dead at that point and fight him to show that humanity doesn't actually want to kill itself and it was just one melodramatic trap throwing a hissy fit. After you kick him around the place Kuja revives you and teleports you away, and he fucks off back to wherever he came from

fucking based my man, i too delivered one of my very first nuts to lulu

Would I like 12 if I loved Xenoblade 1, 2, and X?

Probably. Has some similar vibes.

FFXIV: Shadowbringers

But seriously, if they made the expansion a standalone singleplayer game it would absolutely be one of the best.

Attached: 1562387428560.png (908x763, 1.31M)

12 gets a heap of shit because of retards who can't understand the Gambit system and don't understand you don't need to use it at all. It's a decent game and has some top tier side content and exploring

Best story: X
Best world building: XII
Best minigame: Triple Triad (VIII)
Best girl: Yuna (X, X-2) or Beatrix (IX)
Best protagonist: Cloud (VII)
Best final boss: Ultimecia (VIII)
Best secondary characters: VII

I would say FFX is the best, second best is FFVII.

Attached: thumb_1398649759-1.jpg (1920x1080, 672K)

>got to a point of no return where the enemies were more than I could handle so I just keep dying and can't backtrack to grind. Felt like a design oversight rather than just being a bad game
user I think you were just shit. 4 3D can be hard at times, but it doesn't necessitate grinding unless you actively flee battles or refuse to explore areas, and even then you're never stuck in a place where it's some massiveky taxing thing. It just requires a bit of cleverness or (if you went full retard) luck.

It's fine if you don't like it, but you really don't need to grind.

>actually playing the tranny social sim
Commit unbreath.

Hades replacement.
Bad decision, imo.

I don't know which is the best but my personal favorites are: FF7, 9 and 12

Yes.

>Not having played the single best JRPG story arc to grace the last decade
Dilate

Dilate

Tactics

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>Telling a normal person to dilate
Are you trannies actually this fucking stupid? Go play your tranny game you worthless faggots, normal people are discussing.
Dilate.

Rather my question is: who got the best ass from Final Fantasy?

Attached: 11d.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

> that post
> that pic
Sounds like a rhetorical question.

IV then XII then V

Attached: Porom-FFIV-After-Years.png (306x620, 162K)

Rikku for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=FqMbD9yXWEM

>Telling normal people to dilate
Are you trannies actually this fucking stupid? Go play your tranny game you worthless faggots, normal people are discussing.
Dilate.

You guys better not be memeing, I'm THIS close to resubbing after never having gotten myself through the base game

Attached: 1533121077510.png (500x500, 595K)

The only jarpig I've played is Chrono Trigger, will I be lost if I go to FF6? Should I start with the first one?

You realize that became a meme exactly because their tastes wouldn't match up with "ours", right? And c'mon, you think Yea Forums's opinion on anything is the standard to judge things by?

x

>best canon couple
>solid combat
>timeless OST
>quirky cast of characters
>able to be serious and silly
>story doesn't bog itself down in pseudo-philosophical musings

Not this one, I'll tell you that for free. 1 5 9 are answers I would accept.

bump

The only one that's getting a proper remake. 7.

Final Fantasy VII

Attached: cloudsmile2.jpg (1920x1080, 892K)

>Caring about which one is best
I just like most of them, and have a particular favourite. That favourite being VIII

It's really damn good, user. Trust us.

FFX with FFVII close behind

XIV

FFXII is the best
You literally cannot change my mind

Attached: 1551567210876.png (470x469, 489K)

what the fuck delete this photo of me right now

XII for the story
X for how emotionally evocative it can be

XII has a really meh story compared to X.

It shouldn’t even be questioned

Attached: 6ED8C2CA-2FDB-4286-8DF5-A534612FA3F3.jpg (640x399, 153K)

by story i meant world building, my bad. I am far more interested in ivalice herself and the current conflict(s) be it of divine or human nature

the story isnt bad either, a fresh take on the whole you are the chosen one , save the world blah blah.
X feels like reading a fairy tale with an unwritten set of rules. A journey of many emotions.
XII feels like reading a novel , so much has happened where you are not the main focus of it all. It is a journey as well but it focuses on the world rather the characters themselves

The best and largest disregarding giantesses: Lenna. She's supposed to be the epitome of a woman, so she has this too.
Largest 3D disregarding giantesses: Aerith, the original.
Most well presented: Ashe. Pink and always in motion.

I guess you played Vagrant Story too.

Attached: vagrantstory.png (980x511, 745K)

imagine burying your face in that

I'm playing FFVII for the first time and fuck it's so damn good. I wasn't feeling it at first but it just keeps getting better and better. I think I'm near the end of disc 2 at this point. This is one of those games where Yea Forums isn't memeing and it's actually good despite being archaic.

FFTA2 canonically takes place 2 or 3 years after the end of FF12 if you want to absorb some more lore.
It kinda doesn't make sense how it could possibly take place in the same world, considering Judges serve an entirely different function in FF12.

Different continent numbnuts.

>XII
>Ivalice is cool
>Yoshida's art is rad
>everyone has big butts and long legs
>you can fuck off from the main quest and go pretty much anywhere you want early on

I know I'm the only one who'll defend it in this thread but I'm almost done with the post-game content and I've had a ton of fun with it. Kinda wanna respec a few characters but re-unlocking all the spaces just seems too daunting

Attached: 543191-final-fantasy-xii-the-zodiac-age-xbox-one-front-cover.jpg (800x1200, 166K)

And yet it was still good. Better than what came after and what came before ff6.

Goddamn Penelo!

yeah haha we just happen to call these group of people wearing identical armor the same exact thing when they are used for an entirely different purpose and the concept of a "judge" didn't exist in our world before 300 years ago when lezaford invented them

hahahaha yeah user makes perfect sense

>Best story: X
Stopped reading there.

thanks for remembering me this masterpiece.

youtube.com/watch?v=PiPomfq9UKs

FF5 and FF6, it all went downhill after those two.

>will I be lost if I go to FF6? Should I start with the first one?

all the FF games, outside of direct sequels (X-2, , XIII-2, and XIII Lighting Returns), are not connected

Remember that those who prefer any FF before VII but, despise anything after, are literal grandpas and don't count.

13 for me.

t. angry zoomer

>in-game rendered model looks occidental
>cg video model looks asian as fuck

Why did they do this to a lot of characters in FFX?

Attached: 6a68bd2cf2ee7590f1a5e933e1974663404cb70a_00.gif (305x320, 612K)

XIV is unironically the FF story i've enjoyed the most.

X-2 was better than X you troll

Nice try troll.

they're supposed to be south east asian

ayyy imao

X-2 Rikku is such an improvement.

Attached: tumblr_mhr7pv8DI41qg1v6ho3_250.gif (245x300, 927K)

I was born in 1989.

XV for me.

why

Gameplay and world map.

VI or XIV

Attached: 029592959295.jpg (1078x2006, 466K)

Has Cloud actually ever smiled?

zzooooomm

youtube.com/watch?v=sphOi1zN300

The holy triforce: IX > VII > VI

In the end of Advent Children. But since i's actually not canon, no, he has never smiled.

X hits harder than no other

he has no MOUTH

This

Cloud is sAdBoY

Attached: 5_original.jpg (564x871, 123K)

He has no SCREAM

>wakka slept every night with his face on these

crustal chronicles

>everyone universally agrees
fuck off

Hottest final fantasy character, no contest.

Attached: UniqueFrequentIchthyostega-size_restricted.gif (500x270, 1.22M)

Listen bud, I was you once. I hated that Mainline numbered entries were gated behind a MMO pay system. But then I nutted up and actually played them, I played through every bit of them. Just to say I not only had first hand knowledge about them, but that I also got farther than even fans of the entry. I completely beat XI and all it's expansions as well as being up to date with XIV.
They deserve the praise and numbered entry, they are that good.

Goat - IX, Tactics
Great - IV, V, VI, X, XII
Good - I, II, III, VII
Not a fan of - VIII, XIII

Haven't played XV or the MMOs.

so what's better:
> mercenary terrorist wants to kill his mentor but his mentor is in a vegetative state deep underground and also the mercenary is a failed experiment and a clone of his mentor and also his memories are someone else's mercenary's who is also his gf's ex
or
> war orphans get trained as mercs in universities that are controlled by evil aliens and they're hired to murder a sorceress but can't do it because it turns out they were all in the same orphanage as kids tutored by the sorceress who is actually good and also the principal's wife but the mercs don't remember any of it but some of them remember a bit of it and also one of them is a more powerful sorceress that is sought after by a sorceress from the future who also possessed the orphanage director and now wants to destroy time itself
or
> a group of comedians turned pirates kidnaps a princess to bring her to her uncle but it's pointless because she wanted to go there anyway and the queen is evil because she's manipulated by the big bad guy who gives her magical nukes, but then he kills the queen, but then there's a bigger bad guy who created the big bad guy in order to destroy the planet, and he also created the protagonist in order to destroy the planet, because it turns out they're all aliens who merged their own planet with this one to act as a parasite killing the host, but hey wait there's an even bigger bad guy
or
> so there's a big war in which a big empire annexes a small kingdom and the princess of the small kingdom faked her death, and also her most trusted general was presumed traitor but he was loyal all along and was kept as a p.o.w. and the princess is chosen by the gods to reconquer her kingdom but not really because one of the gods turned against the other gods and chose the heir to the empire as his champion to liberate humanity from the gods' manipulation, but the kingdom's princess wants the same but she also wants her crown, and wait have you seen Star Wars?

You tried to make XII's story sound ridiculous but it isn't.

What was good about XV's gameplay?

See it's all you do the entire game because Tabata wanted to pander to Casuals.

Tactics.

Shadowbringers is great but you have quite a bit to go until you hit that part. It's not something you can buy a story skip for either, as it's the culmination of all the small plot threads they introduced since 1.0.

Seconding this. Even with the things it did worse than previous entries like general linearity, X's virtues are so strong that I'd put it as the best overall.
Godly taste in tracks. I'd also add Someday the Dream will End and Seymour Battle
youtube.com/watch?v=1xRCjjiTR7I
youtube.com/watch?v=dWE0nlhpdq8

Attached: bonedad.jpg (400x400, 49K)

I'm not going to tell you it's worth it since you've got hundreds of hours between you and Shadowbringers.
But it's not a meme. Shadowbringers' story is fantastic, even by single-player mainline title standards. And Yoko Taro is doing the next 24-man raid, which is NieR;Automata-themed, if that's a selling point for you.

Attached: 1562595554469.jpg (1000x902, 90K)

-

Sexual bump

>you think Yea Forums's opinion on anything is the standard to judge things by?
You really are new here if you think user's here think otherwise

Attached: 1550834053864.jpg (570x500, 36K)

> mercenary terrorist wants to kill his mentor but his mentor is in a vegetative state deep underground and also the mercenary is a failed experiment and a clone of his mentor and also his memories are someone else's mercenary's who is also his gf's ex
I think you need to replay ffvii.

Nevermind the game or story, none can deny XIV soundtrack beats them all

youtu.be/sxDXOWwNGHU

youtu.be/ascfjJXDWjo

youtu.be/aKHUcCQ65mg

I love XIV and Soken is a genius but I wouldn't say its OST is the best in FF.

Online FF don't count guys.

Prequel on Braska's journey when? I cannot believing they didn't think of this yet.

Attached: 976g9ify.png (1155x648, 1.5M)

>fucked in his brother before
>now fucking him

Based Lulu

>Only three party members
>Was pretty uneventful compared to Yuna's journey
It makes sense why they'd never do it.

True but everything post-Yunalesca bits would have been pretty amazing to play
>lose Jecht when meeting Yunalesca
>3-man party suddenly becomes 2-man, so you feel the loss in the gameplay too
>fight Sin
>Pull out a hyper-powered version of Jecht who destroys Sin's full whale form
>The bois are reuinited for a moment, actually pretty happy moment in spite of it all
>Yu Yevon takes over Aeon
>Braska/Auron fight superJecht
>lose, Braska dies
>3-man party is down to 1
>Punished Auron (a man denied his summoner) climbs Gagazet to take on Yunalesca at peak sadness while his theme plays in the background unbroken through the fight - youtube.com/watch?v=lyyqKg3wDbg
>Auron loses, dies, and is thrown off the mountain
>revives out of sheer willpower, crawls down to Ronso village, fades to black as Kimahri walks into view
It would be like the Crisis Core of FFX.

Attached: 1560794517971.jpg (500x403, 71K)

I'm curious how many people have actually completed all the FF games. Not even counting remakes. Considering the time investment for one it seems like there's a REALLY small number of people who could make the judgment with full information.

Attached: 1560428592047.gif (366x245, 224K)

You know what, I'd play the fuck out of that.
Comfy lads adventures, with the deeper heavier implications starting to set in, followed by the misery at the end.
But leading into hope as he sets in motion the beginnings of FFX.
The post credits scene should be him arriving at Zanarkand to meet Tidus the first time.

Bonus points if Auron's theme sounds different at the start and gradually shifts throughout in melody and instrumentation to become the one he has in FFX.

Tactics Advance

FFIX. It just has an incredible warmth to it. Really good characters and setting.

this says otherwise

Attached: FFTA.jpg (400x475, 17K)

I have, vast majority of spin-offs too. Favorite is V, least liked was VII. Shadowbringers is very good and on par or even surpassed Chains of Promathia.

>love III and V
>think that IV and VII are overrated
Anyone else?

ONE BRINGS SHADOW
ONE BRINGS THE NIGHT

Attached: 1560227332330.png (823x631, 396K)

Here, I blame it on the majority of the fanbase's first console being PS1. No fault to them, but whatevs.

The one that's your favorite. The worst is your least favorite. There's no such thing as an objective opinion on this topic.

For instance. My favorite in the series are 8, LR, WoFF and FFT if we're counting spinoffs. But I'll acknowledge that 5 has more replayable engagement, 7 has the better skill customization system, X has the most useful ailments behind 13, 3 has the most extra side content, and WoFFties with X-2 for having the best implementation of the ATB.

>I have, vast majority of spin-offs too.
That's impressive user. On average, how many hours would you say completing each game takes? What's the longest?
Seems like FF is almost a genre in itself if you wanted to get through everything.
>Shadowbringers is very good and on par or even surpassed Chains of Promathia.
Cool to hear. I haven't played many but did really enjoy ShB. Glad to hear it's up there.
I never minded the Judge system. It never got in my way, really and provided an interesting mechanic to manage around that prevented anything from getting stale.

Attached: lmao6book.jpg (1107x795, 103K)

>>Only three party members

No problem with that, it means more character building and dedication. See X-2.

>On average, how many hours would you say completing each game takes? What's the longest?
The average FF is around 35-40 hours, longest was XI as each expansion is about as long as a normal FF on average.

Attached: Missions Complete.png (1294x1480, 1.32M)

The first one you played

>the entire dumpster fire in that thread
What the fuck.

I thought X-2 was terrible?

Well, you're wrong, gameplay is better than X actually and perfectly realized.

Why?

a die hard FFXV fanboy that thinks any critic is a KH/FF7/DMC fanboy who has never played the game.

Has also been caught ban evading (and admitted) and doing false flag shitposting to get the KH and DMC to fight each other, he failed.

Hands down tell me the WORST Final Fantasy.

your favorite FF

The whole L*ghtning travesty. Oldfags say FF2 is regarded as the worst.

>oldfags say
No they don't. Retarded zoomers parrot shit other zoomers parrot from a youtuber.
Anyways. While 13 is an extremely flawed game. 13-2 has better gameplay and LR is a good game if not for the absolute dogshit story.

The only good part of ShB was Emet-Sech and that was it. Everything else was a generic romp to take over the zone and return night to it, minus the odd 'dark' part of the story regarding tertiary npcs.

You know, I'll be honest with you Yea Forums. I've beaten every ff but 11 and 14 since I don't play mmos, and I enjoy going back to 8 they most. You can snap the game over your knee by drawing in the beginning and NEVER worry about grinding unlike other FFs, the set pieces are the best (amphibious landing, train, garden battle, etc), Laguna sequences are kino, and the music is my favorite of the 3 ps1 games.

Every time people bring it up, they always bring up the orphanage twist as if FF games having shitty twists is something new. The only moment that does trigger me is the part in space. Squall is also not only not emo after the beginning, but has less emo qualities than Cloud even in his own emo phase. Take the 8pill, Yea Forums.

Indeed. Building a giant robot to grab a floating mountain is indeed pretty generic. As was a romp through an indiana jones temple because why not.

Welp is sure as fuck ain't X thats for damn sure.

>Hands down tell me the WORST Final Fantasy.

easily 15.

The story is cut up into several bits (CGI prequel movie, character development anime, 4 character episodes, Multiplayer DLC, and Japanese only novels)
The main badguy goes from "revenge against the Royal family" to "I want to take down the gods" in his character episode.
The other bad guys are killed off screen
Love interest is a bland walking plot device. On par with several versions of Zeldas (except for OoT, SS, and BotW)
Gameplay is the clip in my pic. You can buy better thecniques but the game does not motivate/challenge you enough to get them. Plus you have a 10 second timer to heal yourself with a potion before a Phoenix down in required.
The world map, while large, has fuckall to do.
Sidequests are "Go here and do one of the following: kill something/get something/take a picture"
Summons are RNG
The car required refueling for some retarded reason
Weapon Swapping, while sounding cool, is totally unneeded.
The important plot weapons drain your health so it gives you a reason to NOT use them

Attached: Hold O to Win.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

>Building a giant robot to grab a floating mountain is indeed pretty generic.
That plot line should have been sown earlier in the expansion so it doesn't feel like 50 people put together a 50-story tall mountain in the span of a couple days.

>As was a romp through an indiana jones temple because why not.
Honestly, they need to do more breaks from the zones with shit like that without resorting to recycling a dungeon.

>couple of days
They imbued a shit ton of the terrain with the stones you goober. That shit was literally put together with magic and was already facilitated in both bunny forest and that god awful trolley segment.

>breaks like that
I hope not. That shit is how you get Legions quest progression. One is enough for an entire MSQ

Speaking out of your ass.

Attached: 08ac62b2f06eaeeff1b7fd311c155523.jpg (1406x1725, 392K)

The prequel would be surely better than a fucking X-3. I heard rumors about the possibility of them considering doing it...

Unironically XI, at least until abyssea.

Die Hard

The best FF game isn't actually a FF game

Attached: KH2FM.png (1200x795, 602K)

Combat is certainly mediocre in XV but that webm is extremely disingenuous
You wouldn't even pass the first dungeon if you just held circle

Uninorically the best are XI (back on it's prime) and XIV right now

Tactics is great but it's tedious to play for me, the fact that you cannot quick reload a battle once you know you are fucked is bullshit.

that scene is amazing, first time i was it as a child i was having my eyes popping out

I just never see the hype for 7 realized. Time and Time again, no matter how many chances it gives me, it just falls so flat every time. I can't do it; I can't like it. Not even if I remember the main theme overlaying Asiacopter.

I just don't know. But for me, it's gotta be 4 or 9. I strongly dislike the direction the other games take where you just customize your dudes however you want and as long as someone can blanket cures it pretty much always works out.

The first dungeon? That the tiny ass cave with the gremlins? You absolutely would.

Everything after XII.

XIV

Attached: received_2394506740612053.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

>debate
It's 6, there's no debate to be had.

youtu.be/dKBz1KsQY1Y
Stay mad you fucking infants.

The one still going strong despite SE's attempts to moonlight it.

Attached: foot.jpg (512x382, 39K)

it's staged

Retard.

I started on VI (III at the time here in europe), (and long before before that Secret of Mana had introduced me to Squaresoft) but I love 7 the most, it was just amazing to see and play a game I had unreal overhyped expectations for and game to surpass even those expectations, it was pure magic, and suddenly the rest of the world knew about JRPG's too.
I like 8, even though it's weird and broken, 9 is just too generic and the way too slow battling sucks all the fun out of it.
Then came X, and finished it out of a sense of duty for the FF series, but haven't touched a FF since (so since 2001?): I hated it, (the boring battles, sphere grid makes me barf -- it's like the designers easy solution to make all the stuff clickable, the minigames, the voice acting, emphasis on summons, even more than usual bat-shit retarded story) The only thing I liked was the blitzball minigame. I still get angry seeing anyone post FFX as their favorite...

>You wouldn't even pass the first dungeon if you just held circle

and yet I got through the entire game that way. The combat was designed to pander to casuals and that webm proves it.

Attached: 1538265408487.jpg (749x1111, 178K)

it's true

Of the ones I've played:
VII = IX > XIV:ARR > massive leap in quality, would not ever recommend anything beyond this point > XII > VIII > XIII > XV

The Shadowbringers expansion for FFXIV is a very strong contender for the best Final Fantasy.
Crazy considering its an MMO and an expansion to one at that.