Hey bro how much for this item?

>hey bro how much for this item?
>"offer"

Attached: 1481314706982.jpg (858x1024, 50K)

>I'll just ask someone else m8

Attached: 1561799428818.png (852x854, 1.14M)

Giving the initial bargaining price is a huge advantage retard.

shhh

>"I hoffer"

>give him a fair initial price to start haggling
>"lol"
>blocks you

Attached: 1506720243255.png (245x213, 97K)

>I'll take it at 1gp then thanks bruv
force them to make an offer if you don't want to set the bargaining price dawg

>price is firm, add sweets
I’m glad I don’t trade anymore but goddamn was that shit autistic

Attached: 2AEDC6C5-8CB0-45EE-9B94-C07DEDC2434F.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

>they block you in response

>Selling game for super cheap
>People still asking you to lower it more

Fucking this
>*name price*
>"LOL U SERIOUS BRO THIS SHIT IS EXPENSIVE STOP WASTING MY TIME"

>offer 1 coin

Attached: bugsbunnyangry.png (344x315, 216K)

this. It doesn't work like irl, cuz you can't block people there

>make an offer
>they get upset over perceived lowballing and instead of countering tell you they're just putting it on the auction house because fuck you

fuck off resetera

>mfw listing my item on the Auction House 1gp under what everyone else is selling for.
Who /Ruthless/ here?

Attached: 1548310921278.png (561x584, 628K)

>game has betting system
>that one retard who jacked up the price a fuck ton for an item not worth that much
>it keepa rising

Attached: 1558166374386_smoking_cat.jpg (640x422, 45K)

>betting
bidding*
You stupid cunt phone poster.

>guy is offering in world chat
>his price is twice of what it should be even though the market is stocked with his item

Attached: BA71D080-E9EA-43A6-B9AC-01A5A4B3642E.jpg (480x640, 21K)

not even these faggots dont wanna haggle or bargain they want some epic story how they swindled some noob to tell there friends and after you shatter there delusions they block you or go silent

Fuck you its 4 in the morning

Attached: 1560390622032.png (303x305, 101K)

No, fuck you. Get off your phone and go to sleep you absolute waste of oxygen.

>yo what's the price
>"10g"
>you will never get it sold for that
>"i know"
>fucking idiot, what's the real price?
>"10g, or give me an offer"
>scamming piece of shit, i'll global your scams to the server
Why is haggling a concept nobody understands anymore?!
How difficult is it?
>"10g? No way, I'll give 6g at most"
>6g? Not happening, 8g at the least
>"7g, final offer"
>deal
Haven't had a proper transaction in a videogame for atleast 10 years, goddamn mongrels

Attached: 1488382684445.jpg (595x381, 67K)

Come on bro I gotta make a profit here
deadass dealt with people like this where it should have been a simple 1:1 swap trade

>>"10g? No way, I'll give 6g at most"
g? Not happening, 8g at the least
>>"7g, final offer"
>>deal

Small time.
>10g is my price
>I'll give you 9g
>11g is now the price
>What? 9g is fair
>12g
>Ok fine, 10g
Oy vey.

i always offered one gold and spammed tells upping the offer by 1 gold. if i got blocked i made throw away alts to continue spamming.

>guy advertises in world chat that he has just posted a bunch of an item on the auction house
>multiple people look and inform him that he has posted it well over market value with others already posted and that he is an idiot for advertising such a thing in world chat

>there

Because the internet is full of assholes and children (both literal and mental children) and things like auction houses made haggling obsolete outside of scamming faglords trying to trick noobs.

I mean, when you can sell your shit to literally everyone on the server at no real cost to yourself while being able to set the minimum price and not having to worry about actually tracking down someone who wants the item then why they fuck would you ever bother haggling unless you were trying to scam idiots?

Auction houses killed player-player bargaining and haggling just like LFR features killed community engagement and turned every MMO into a bunch of assholes standing in place waiting to be magically teleported to the raid with minimal communication.

>mfw selling stuff in the trade channel for the last half hour or so
>large amount of stock so selling it off bit by bit to individuals
>got maybe 4000 charcoal left
>some fucking cunt comes on trade chat and undercuts me by 10%
At that point I just undercut him, until he is selling at 50% what he wanted to sell for, while I've not emptied my stock.
I then resume selling at normal price.
But fucking hell, those small trade wars you get into are annoying. I just want to sell this charcoal, man.

Attached: 1549266542323.jpg (631x616, 165K)

>guy throws out stupid price for his item in world chat
>everyone calls him a retard
>he keeps posting his offer in world chat anyways
it’s like they get off to humility or something

>undercut him to 50% of his initial asking price
>buy him out
>resell both of your stock at regular value

>>buy him out
My God, you're a kike after my own heart. God bless you and your wisdom.
I am legit going to adopt this tactic.

Attached: 1551266550544.jpg (1024x966, 81K)

hey welcome to Path of Exile economics

>have a very expensive rare item but hard to sell as it's a commodity.
>advertise my price on chat, considerably cheaper than usual price and current auction house price, just want to sell quick
>get 1-3 messages every time I post it asking me to cut it even more, obscene kind of price cutting and when I say no they call me a greedy piece of shit

I'm already giving you a fucking sick deal you jewish fucks, I just want to not deal with a horrible auction house and take months selling a single item.

I actually dabble in ArcheRage economics which considering it has trade packs, and items only gained from doing those (like charcoal), it gets just as shitty.

Unless he just laugh at your offer

>I'm already giving you a fucking sick deal you jewish fucks

>mfw get an even better deal from a goy than what he offered, and then I sell it for standard market price thus making a 40% or so profit on an item I didn't farm, earn, or craft.

Attached: 1553079750270.jpg (1000x666, 374K)

that's why you set it higher than what you're expecting to get, so you can haggle and cut down to what you were expecting or a bit more preferably

>when I say no they call me a greedy piece of shit
You're probably dealing with the third world, that's just a barterting thing. Don't worry about it

>Dropping super expensive items on the floor FOR FREE
Bonus points if traders are nearby

>sell item
>buyer attempts to haggle
>politely decline
>report him for scamming
>he gets banned

You pay my price or fuck off. It's not hard.

>Buying some item in global chat
>Some guy says he has one and tells me to "offer"
>I know very well the item goes for 1500g at AH, I also know that itrms sold in person are always cheaper than via AH since you dont have to wait and
compete with other yada yada
>I offer him 900g thinking he will ask for the AH price and we will go 900-1500-1200-1300 or something lile that
>"Lol"
>"Is that your counter offer?"
>He doesnt speak to me again
Well did you expect me to just offer you the same fucking price I could pay in AH, why do you think Im spamming global for you dumbass?

Do you expressly state in your advertisements that you don't want to haggle?
Because if you don't then you just report anyone who tries to haggle with you then you're just being a stupid dickhead.

>Play Rogue
>"Can someone open some lock boxes?"
>Opens Lockboxes
>"So how much do you take per box?"
>Nothing. I'm just passing time until the raid starts
People always got extremely happy.
Then they removed lock boxes.

The only service I took money for was if I had to use my own materials, or if it used one of the long cooldowns.
As much as I hate what WoW turned into, I still miss helping people with shit like that.

Do people still use the neutral auction houses to transfer items cross-faction in WoW?
I used to sit there with an auction bot to snipe such items for free money

>get a shit ton of bags made
>tailor refuses to accept any compensation for the literal twenty minutes of crafting

no it's not
most of the time the retard already has a price in mind and is only doing this to see if he can rope in a retard who doesn't know any better

Yes, I'm sure that's why employers ask someone interviewing what compensation they would like to receive before making an offer.

Some times you just need to waste a bit of time, so it's either doing that or standing AFK in front of the auction house.
Might as well do something productive while you're at it.

>warframe
>put 190p for maiming strike
>after 4 days, zero
>put 180p
>sold in a minute

Only if the person actually wants to haggle.
Most people selling vidya items are dumb as rocks and want way over what something is actually worth because they know some sucker will come along eventually who'll just buy it.

This shit right here, is why I stopped with TF2 trading. Got sick and tired of retards assuming Im a greedy fuck, just because I wanted to haggle. 60% of the time to, they didn't even stay long enough for me to try and say, "Lets work something out."
Fucking braindead troglodytes, atleast try make an attempt at bartering a lil, instead of leaving immediately because I didn't slash the price in half.

Attached: 1552332179233.jpg (387x580, 42K)

>2 Bills 2 Buds

Attached: Nick 2.jpg (666x512, 186K)

>unbox a factory new karambit doppler in csgo in the same month that they were introduced
>don't much care for it's looks so decide to trade
>open a thread in the discussion group
>every single offer avoids 1:1 swap
>they ALL demand that I add something onto my trade
>the knives they offer are almost always well-worn or worse and act like they're doing me a favor
Ended up selling the damn thing because I kept getting offers that always devolved into "NO 1:1 YOU ADD"
Traders are literal craigslist boomers

Attached: 1536539106142.png (304x262, 18K)

If I ever win the lottery I will crash the mannconomy out of spite, and I don't even play tf2 anymore.

Attached: 1412371336549.jpg (500x500, 93K)

I just always sold it at an absurd price, then sold myself a quail later for the same if I wanted the money back

Please do. Its ground zero for the worst in-game economy there is.

My tactic only really worked on greedy people who listed the item well below vendor price, did you not lose out from the 20% auction cut or whatever the rate was?

>bro pm me best price :)
>pm'd :)

How do craigslist boomers act user? Never used that site much

I think it works out to 19% (if you transfer money twice) but yeah, it's a good way to move gold cross faction at the same time

>How do craigslist boomers act user?
Not him, but
>ALL CAPITALS, ALL THE TIME.
>Haggling AFTER you agree a price.
>"It's worth more because it has emotional value"
etc etc

You are doing it right.
Undercutting by a large armount is much, much worse.

common junk/literal trash is worth more because reasons and fuck you if you don't play along

The real answer is to dodge AH tax. So devs refuse to offer a direct trade interface, and meme that direct trading must be a scam.
GW2 actually does this

>
>GW2 actually does this
Never played it.
Elaborate, please. Sounds funny.

ITT commies

learn to capitalism, fagnuts

Common items are worth more because the seller says they are for reasons
The worst offenders are usually cars

Attached: vez2vj4l37onlzhippef.jpg (800x1144, 286K)

> looking at global chat while waiting for friends in WoW
> "selling [kinda rare mount I forgot the name of] for 190 000g"
> Check AH since I'm there anyway
> 180 000g is the most expensive and there's a dozen of them
> dude get called out on his bullshit
> some guy who's totally not his friend come out
>"lol you guys are retarded it's worth 300 000g at the very least"
Why do people try to scam you on easily verifiable things? And for not even that much of a profit

>offer to pay the average market price
>not a word
>trade ended
>blocked

Attached: 1550945647904.gif (500x477, 508K)

Because haggling only exists for the selling or the buyer to scam retards who don't know the value of their item; just list your selling price like or normal person or get blacklisted.

MMOs without auction houses aren't worth playing.

>no tire kickers, low ballers
Every time, I'm surprised he didn't also say "I know what I got"

>Why do people try to scam you
For money, dumbass.

>undercut by like 20% because i don't give a shit, don't need the item, but simply want it sold
>get angry whispers every single day

Attached: plebs.gif (375x375, 179K)

>Play Runescape
>Love haggling
>They add the Grand Exchange and ruin the game for all time

>>get angry whispers every single day
Any examples?

Attached: 1561989009062.jpg (541x633, 40K)

>2019
>not pretending to be a little girl and taking photo of your man panties to trade for godly loots
Trust me it works, pedos are everywhere and they're fucking dumb to the point they fall for it and will masturbate to a man.

don't save them, but i got a farily recent one
>hey why are you selling so cheap?
>because i can and i'm at max level
>hahahah fuck you grow up kid
> has blocked you.
better yet, when i listed another batch a week ago he unblocked me, told me to eat shit, then blocked me AGAIN before i could respond

Attached: eip.png (1404x1200, 2.1M)

>Butthurt over a low volume item.
What a fucking loser.
Inform him of your impending sexual relations with his mother.

Attached: 1559624895412.jpg (1200x1176, 120K)

this is a tactic I do, I undercut and then buy out those who try to undercut me and then raise the prices of all of it and repeat
It's a simple one and not really risky but it makes you steady money

Attached: 1555403448085.png (128x128, 8K)

What an idiot that kid must be. I loved people like you in MMOs since I would just buy up all your stock then resell it at market price.

Sellers pay a non-refundable 5% listing fee up front, and 10% at point of sale. It's just a straight up gold sink. Buyers can bid whatever they want at no cost - their money is held in escrow until they either succeed in their purchace or choose to withdraw their bid for a full refund. On top of this, the game has no direct trade interface and player to player mail is highly limited with no way to enforce trades through it. (even WoW had CoD mail iirc)
This means trying to trade outside of the auction house system actually IS fraught and carries risk of scamming. I think there's even a daily limit on gold transfers via mail too. Players get warned all the time to not trade via mail because of the scam risk.

Absolutely disgusting. I'm glad the only MMO I play is ArcheRage, where direct trading is allowed AND scamming is allowed.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Keys.jpg (860x233, 128K)

holy fuck

Man, I'd pay good money for a fantasy MMO that's as much a scumbag wild west as EvE. I like the idea of it's economic systems, but don't much like any other part. What's Archeage like?

>spent all week crafting stuff
>flood AH with cheap as fuck products
>still had huge profit margin because bought mats from Chinese bots for way below market price
>people literally seething that I'm not doing their shitty 1c undercut
>some smartasses try to buy me out and reset the market
>just flood it all again
>laugh all the way to multiple goldcaps
Until Blizzard fucked up with the tokens thing, so every dumbo with a credit card could make easy gold

>What's Archeage like?
ArcheRage*
ArcheAge is shit. ArcheRage is good.

And it's a true sandbox. Very political, as you HAVE to have connections to get shit done.
Trade packs are an actual item you have to haul, and can be stolen, so piracy is huge.
Scamming is allowed, so be as big a dick as you want.

Has that ever worked

>Post item under market price
>Yo bro how about half that price?
>How about I give a third of what you said AND this junk I couldnt sell
I'm not gonna play games with you when I'm already giving a discount you jew fucks. If I wanted to bargain I'd have my base price higher.

I bet there are still third worlders idling for months to get enough ref for 1 key.

Keys were less than 3 ref when I stopped playing. What the fuck happened?

Based
Inscription bros ww@

Yeah.

I can't since he blocked me
i could laugh at him through mail but that's too much effort
good, keep buying cause these cost literally nothing to make and sell like hot cakes

Shit, I thought you were just memeing. I'll look into it, thanks.

>list an item below market price, roughly 15% above vendor value
>some fuck offers me HALF of the item's VENDOR value

Attached: ptoooooooi.gif (313x413, 1.16M)

what the fuck? why have i never thought of this before? i just internally rage at the next fucker that undercuts me

Attached: 1519901959709.jpg (640x640, 29K)

Make sure to go on the NA version. They claim the EU version is an "EU" version, but it's 99% russian and unplayable.
Also remember: It's ArcheRage, not ArcheAge

>Above vendor price
I wish. In game prices are overly inflated.

no dude
say an iitem is worth 10k if you just vendor it
i list it at 11,5k
and some nigger offers me 4999 gold, 99 silver and 99 copper

>not playing offline

Attached: received_387969428493217.png (150x214, 58K)

Fucking braindead people who hate any offer you might make due to a very precise idea in mind of the price then proceed to hate anyone who wants to know the price ahead of time.

Finally a thread with my people in it. Thank you.

i ask for offers because i want to know if you know the price of an item or not. if you say something too low, I will say "lol" at you. if you say something higher than what i have in mind, then i'll sell it to you.

that's how it is, kid. deal with it.

There is no bargain, they'll only sell for the price they have in mind or very slightly lower. They're asking you to offer to see if you're a fool who offers too much.

Keep in mind people usually do this and these undercuts last seconds because of it

how the fuck

keys are eventually going to be worth 100 ref aren't they

Attached: 1559863128884.jpg (500x500, 13K)

>50+ ref for a key
Hats were a mistake.

Attached: 1471233217907.jpg (418x398, 16K)

Employers never ask what you want, they ask what you're earning now so they can offer slightly more than that.

Never tell them, reply with what you're actually looking for instead.

I'd rather pay a little more and avoid the haggling bullshit entirely. Literally never deal with best offer sellers

>mfw i am a roblox trader

fucking kill me already

Attached: wat.jpg (400x353, 7K)

What the fuck?
When? How? I remember them being under 3

My little sister started playing roblox so I checked my old account. I have shit worth millions of robux, anyway to sell it for real money?

elaborate

I just give a way stuff I don't need to noobs in the capital lol

only nerds want to sit around spamming chat for hours, I'd rather play

That's how you sell the shitty cards on steam

>used to play an mmo with a friend
>said mmo has a bidding system when looting
>some guy in our party keept insta bidding just 1 copper above what everyone else would bid
>we decide to take advantage of this by bidding an unreasonable amount of G for an item barely worth a few coppers
>he takes the bait and we walk out of it with around 250G each

Attached: mia.png (671x451, 180K)

They're entitled, conceited niggers who always overvalue their shit. Jews as described in Mein Kampf are more respectable people.

Let's be honest, anyone who lowballs doesn't want to pay a fair price and just want a bargain.

just like anyone who says offer wants to rip people off as hard as they can

Roblox has a trading system where you can trade special items. Some of them are literally worth millions of real dollars. Alot of them in the thousands. I do it mainly as a small hobby. I am kinda known in the trading community which makes me want to fucking die already

You can sell the items on some limited/robux buying sites. Theres plenty of them. What items do you have for example?

Attached: 1544396010881.jpg (480x360, 17K)

dragon nest?

I swear to god, if user actually has a million dollar roblox account...

onions

BANNED :)

There is literally nothing wrong with this. My item, I do whatever I want with it and if you want it you're going to have to offer me. If it bothers you that much go find it somewhere else.

Is all the land still owned by the 15 Brazilians who grabbed it all at launch with their bots?
If not I can only imagine the playerbase is a shadow of what it was even then.

>play poe
>want to buy something, like maps or exchange currency
>there is no auction house or anything related to trading in poe. NOTHING. you have to add a person to the party, wp to the same location and literally right click on "trade", and you have to search for items on third party sites, there is no listing in the game
>hardly anyone responds so i end up fucking spamming messages to 20 people at time just to buy one map
>one season have some more stuff so i decide to sell
>can't set up a listing easily if i don't have premium stash tabs
>so i use some program that connects to my game, takes the items i select, puts them on the forums that get crawled by third party sites to create the listing
>literally 10 seconds after i post it i get 50 messages from people and bots wanting to buy my shit
>can't answer anyone because there's new people messaging me so i can't fucking click on the old ones that messaged me earlier
there's no way anyone will convince me there is a game with worse trade system than path of fucking exile. i'd rather drag my bare ass on an unplaned board in a vat full of acid than try trading again.

Attached: 1256505987825.jpg (1500x1500, 1.56M)

>>hardly anyone responds so i end up fucking spamming messages to 20 people at time just to buy one map
stopped reading right there
quit trying to skate by paying less for each one, you pay higher you get faster trades

Attached: IT DEFENDED ITS DOMAIN.png (520x400, 181K)

You'd love Warframe

>Employers never ask what you want
I see you have never been employed. "Expected compensation" is a common ask - as common as past compensation.

I've got the fire dominus and a bunch of those fedoras as well as a random assortment of limited shit. Am in the money?

just buy a premium tab, its like 2€ or smth you cheap fuck

>actually give them a reasonable offer
>....
>no ty

Attached: fuck you waldo.jpg (500x394, 56K)

nah bro, i just got a few chinese bots in my friend list and just search by user name, takes 30 seconds for a trade
>just spend money goy, don't complain about our retarded systems goy
fuck off m8

>Spend 2.50 eurodollars made for free with cards and shit
>Get to craft a shitton of hats

I do play Dragon nest but no the game was Blade & Soul

>asking price is 150,000
>offer them 149,500 because I don't have more in my inventory at the moment and am too lazy to visit bank
>"no"

What kind of a king of jews declines a mountain of gold because of pocket change, for fuck's sake?

You can't go into a pizza store and pay 4.50 for a pizza if the price is 5 dollars.

Sounds like a bunch of shit user. I’ll do you a favor and give you 500 robux for your absolute shit.

Attached: 20164B86-917A-4F12-B628-323B20CB3E39.jpg (600x600, 54K)

>give the price
>ahahaha no
>*blocked*
lulz

Rubbish mate. I’ll take them off you if you want

Attached: 1512052893161s.jpg (125x62, 2K)

>pizza is 5 dollars
Don't forget the tip, euronigger

Humans are loss aversion

enormous cope

That is significantly less than the asking price, you dumb kike. What we're talking about here is the pizza store throwing me out because I only have 4.999 balance on my credit card or something.

>"offer"
>how about X value
>*kicks you without saying anything*
Fucking dungeon defenders niggers

Attached: 203555.jpg (453x408, 73K)

What can I get for this shit? Not like I care anymore about this game and the stuff is like 10 years old

Attached: Screenshot_20190708-163527__01.jpg (1080x4005, 566K)

Broke boi

Don't need to give a tip if you buy a hot-n-ready Little Caesar's $5 pizza :^)

Also got a black paintball mask, god I was so edgy back then

check out path of exile
scammers, price fixers and currency flippers make ludicrous amounts of profits

buy boots of haste

I liked to haggle in Archage
I made so much money by selling premium account time that I could afford to buy a house for me and a friend and a ship

I did, it's a fun game, but not what I have in mind. I want a persistent world, always on pvp and perishable gear especially.

Those are literally one of the best items lol. Rbx place is quite good for selling this shit

Any game that I can make a bot for to jew the shit out of it?

Attached: 00097644.0002.gif (125x125, 14K)

Mine crypto 10 years ago.

I'm this guy in Path of Exile. Sometimes it's that I legit don't know what an item is worth, sometimes I'm just seeing if someone wants to overpay for it. Sold a weird Watcher's Eye the other day for like 6 more Ex than I would have thought it was worth because of such tactics.

but yeah it is an annoying move and I've been fucked by it before. Generally if something is unpriced (in POE at least), they're probably looking for way too much.

>be 200 iq
>determine through my genius intellect what the correct price is that is fair to both and we should be happy with
>give it
>he haggles
>I block

Holy shit, I remember when keys were like 7 ref. Is this the power of inflation?

this is how real alphas make money user

>No lowballing, I know what I have

Attached: A324A105-2217-4AB1-ADCE-A66775B5D310.png (497x549, 210K)

nigger

Is there an mmo that is still active and has a functioning marketplace? I want to attempt at being rich

>Could I buy it for *reasonable price*?
>No I'd rather sell it to someone else.
>is still selling same item hours later.
>if you're still selling i'll buy it for *lower price*
>dude that's too low how about *more*?
>Yeah no.. *switches accounts*
>Hey! *item* i'll buy it for *low price*.
>Ok, meet me in ch 1.
it's like they want to waste their own time.

brainlet

that's how you should do it. retards that undercut by a shitload just trying to sell it quick end up making others do the same, devaluing the item for everyone else so every seller loses money. fuck you if you do this.

Don't forget the tax, americuck,

Attached: 1562181461949.png (743x476, 249K)

>actual children get overwhelmed by the concept of competitive pricing, and complain they have trouble participating in the player store
>mods start to consider any transaction at non-shop prices to be fraud
>trading is removed from the game because players were developing an economy

Attached: 1560941394970.jpg (960x960, 43K)

Diablo?

>"offer"
>I actually have no idea how much it's worth. What's the usual price range?
>"offer"
>Uh, okay, 50g
>"lol it's worth way more than that"
>Uh, 70g?
"lol" dickwad has blocked you
>World Chat: Dickwad: Selling item SERIOUS OFFERS only

>return to game
>know nothing about services prices while you were away
>need one
>find a dude who does that
>your offer
>uuuhhhh "x" ?
>deal
Turns out I've paid 4 times more I had to.
I HURT MYSELF TODAY!!!!

Attached: 1525959464019.png (512x510, 204K)

>bro I dont have ref
>but I can toss in some weapons, crates and a wad of gum
its not everyone who trades, of course, but holy shit do you deal with alot of them. that said I never did fixed price trading but it saves you alot of autism

Haha yeah that too. Diablo 3 man what a joke

based

Attached: 1541759518032.gif (358x328, 1.07M)

what's a tire kicker setup? Something like inspecting the car beforehand?

someone who is indecisive about buying so they string you along forever and end up not buying

>Send out a message saying I'm selling an item for 100k
>Someone says they want to buy it, no haggling or anything
>Invite him to my party and find him to trade him
>"Oh sorry I only have 80k is that ok"
>Tell him the price is 100k. I'm convinced he's trying to scam me but I just apologize and kick him from the party
>He keeps whispering me every once in a while for the next few hours, saying he now has 81k, 82k, etc and if that's enough
>End up realizing I'm probably talking to a little kid who's been grinding for the past few hours for this item and just sell it to him once he reached 90k since I feel bad

>kid actually runs off and hustles to give cash to you
Sounds based to me

shit i got ghost fire sword and last i checked it was worth around 10,000+ rubox.

what the fuck is the conversion rate from rubox to real world cash

thanks, there's a world of trading terms out there i've yet to pick up.

t.boomer
Tire kicker is a term boomers use to describe someone inspecting a vehicle but not guaranteeing a purchase. If I want to test drive your 1970s land yacht before buying then I would be a tire kicker.

and this is the precise reason for OP's post. idiot fucking kids who want 3x the value for something and would rather play pretend snobbish rich guy than be the dude who posts their price into chat and is laughed off the server

Someone who doesn't want to get scammed

when the Yea Forumsscape runescape private server launched in 2013/14 (I don't remember exactly when) I was competing with a guy called Gregor to get 99 runecrafting. This was before there was official old school RS servers

Neither of us were autistic enough to actually finish it but it was fun being the only person on the server who could craft nats for a while, and because the economy was so young nobody had cash to pay for stuff, people had to give me their drops to pay for them
I went through a phase of buying every d long that was in circulation and alching them just because I wanted to

>Game has multiple currencies that all need to be converted
>List an item for 1 unit of the top currency
>"Hey man I'll give you 20 of these, 500 of these and 3.2 million of these, the price checks out :)"

The retards asking for offers aren't haggling, they know if they actually told you the price they were looking for you'd see it was a garbage deal.

introducing cash shop and trading was the worst thing to happen to tf2 and by extension pc gaming

I only ask their offer if I am not planning on selling an item, but they are still asking to buy it. Used to happen to me all the time on TF2, and I'd make good money doing it because typically they would pay plenty for it. This was pre-backpack.tf days, only using those usually outdated spreadsheet sites.

>how much for that item?
>"offer"
>I'll do 40
>"I can get 100p easily for this"
>okay bye
>couple hours pass
>"Hey I still got this item and if you buy it now I'll sell it for 80p, sweet deal right!"
>no thx bought it from someone else for 45p
>"liar, and to think I was being nice"
>dude just check the marketplace
>"that's just a scam"
>half hour passes
>"will you do 60?"
I hate it when someone tries to shill their overpriced shit to even after you tell them to fuck off, but warframe is fill of these idiots.

Attached: cbs.png (678x668, 438K)

You've never played an MMO, have you?

>give me all your armor bro, I'll trim it for free

Attached: 1437757737511.jpg (192x185, 7K)

>I only ask their offer if I am not planning on selling an item, but they are still asking to buy it.
Yeah that's fair.

Assuming you really did buy one for 45, and they're easy to move around that price.
>I don't need one anymore, but I'll take it off your hands for 35 if you really need it gone
>resell for 40

>Takes 20+ minutes to finally get a response for a trade

Attached: Evil Lurks.png (640x348, 222K)

Dungeon Defenders is a great game to play solo. but absolutely horrific to play with others.

I'd rather deal with the nightmare of having to swap between 4 characters before the timer runs out than having to deal with some of these retarded leechers who build shit wrong.

>scammer blocked :)

This is completely unrelated but speaking of Warframe, is it worth getting back in to? I only played for a little while like a year ago with no premium stuff and stopped after unlocking the special moon area when you have to do like 5 secret objectives to progress and I never managed to get past that.

no, the main draw is only playing different warframes. there is still no end game, its still grinding simulator 2019 and its still a game about time gated reputation even after obsolescence

Check the latest tennocon and decide for yourself.

I would have no problem trading based on the marketplace price, but there was only one person that wasn't trying to scam me out of 100+ people.

It was just nekros prime systems and I didn't feel like farming it since it was the last piece I needed.
If you think empyrean looks cool then yeah.

>selling item
>how much for this dude?
>[Average market price]
>"lol good luck with that"

Attached: Venom.gif (540x240, 2.3M)

It's not fucking scamming if the guy is so thirsty for the sale he keeps pestering you with price cuts after the fact. Especially if the item is available elsewhere for less than half his starting price.

If you can't handle the pressure don't barter.

Anyone else spending more time playing the jew on warframe than playing the actual god damn thing?

Attached: Bog.jpg (1000x581, 63K)

>type your password backwards bro, it'll get censored
>it didn't

Attached: 4.jpg (600x600, 41K)

it totally works ***********

I'm just happy I sold my buds back in the day when they hit like 24-25 keys. They're fucking worthless now (as they always should have been in all fairness)

>phoneposter
>keepa

Especially in game economies, you can just about passively jew people by relying on their impatience. Buy from the people you notice desperately spamming WTS, sell to the people desperately spamming WTB. Especially the faggots who undercut/outbid themselves multiple times in a play session.

>get flammed on chat for asking too much for my stuff
>log in later
>sell everything with 0 problem

Attached: beautiful.jpg (250x236, 7K)

oh that's cool let me try
3̶2̶1̶d̶r̶o̶w̶s̶s̶a̶p̶y̶m̶s̶i̶s̶i̶h̶t̶

Edit: okay that was pretty stupid of me xD

>My little sister started playing roblox so I checked my old account. I have shit worth millions of robux, anyway to sell it for real money?
Bruh do the good onii-chan thing and transfer all those robux to your sister's account. The fuck is wrong with you?

Did you made real money by selling virtual items Yea Forums?

This even works in runescape, a game with an automated auction house. Put all your sell offers at 110% and your buy offers at 90%, wait and you will always get cheap items. People waste so much money just to have an autosell transaction.

>you make an offer
>"lol"
I hate these retarded faggots

>"what's your price"
>"offer"
>"lol"
>"lol"
>"lol"
>"lol"

Attached: 1532982694453.png (458x485, 312K)

NO THATS TOO LOW

>Check escorts one day because hear backpages got shutdown to see what's all the fuzz about
>SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY, ONLY GENTLEMEN

what the fuck does this even mean you fucking leech, god I wasn't even planning to buy a prostitute but holy fuck do I hate women more after that

Escorts have lots of different rules depending on which you're talking to. Gentlemen only means they want older guys. No AA means no blacks (im not kidding, this is a really common one)

Prostitutes don't want young guys because theres a chance you know or meet each other if you're both young, and if they are older then there is a risk you meet their kid one day then have a can of worms that way.

No black people is funny to me because apparently groids universally try to haggle on prices with escorts, and are generally unclean.

>what the fuck does this even mean you fucking leech
Literally all it means is they expect to be paid first won't fuck methheads and usually they won't fuck black people.

>trade item i want for item he wants
>without market price bullshit
>just trading cool items
>mfw

Attached: 1546982578625.png (499x326, 225K)

>no blacks
even whores can be pretty based

not worth it if the commission prices are high enough like in usual mmos to act as gold sink

am i a bad person

Attached: scam.png (903x1833, 147K)

I don't understand. Did you get a bunch of keys for that wrapped gift and some normal hats? What's so special about the gift?

Attached: 1543106021141.png (1130x1345, 1.5M)

>someone who is indecisive about buying
A tire-kicker is anyone who is concerned about being ripped off and buying a lemon. As they should be, buying something on craigslist.

>that player instantly leaves dungeon party after before you can pass the bid
truly a game of reflexes

how is this even possible, you can't even textmode idle anymore

Why did some flash games have really fucking good music? Im thinking Marderk and Sonny in particular, those games had amazing soundtracks.

PoE in a nutshell

>Economy crashes
How did it happen in your game?

There's nothing wrong with PoE trading.

What are some games where people had intentionally tried to fuck up the economy beyond repair?

buy a premium stash and currency tab faggot
I have to deal with absolutely nothing you say

That's why price fixing, dummy listings, flipping, and rampant scamming is so common right?

get the price checker script bro
Ctrl + D will solve your problems

Banned :)

TF2 trading is dumb to begin with. How the fuck did 1scrap=1weapon even work

black rose

When you're selling your old account from a game, how do you find the balance between waiting for your rare stuff to increase in value while risking the game shutting down?

Attached: 123345498744.png (647x690, 838K)

I do this intentionally because I like fucking with faggots like you. I've dropped multiple mats pricing by over 20% because of this.

>when your game economy is video game wall street

Attached: path.png (1366x1176, 514K)

This, every time

>That nigger always trying to buy something at 20% of the original price
>"lmao thats not what the thing is worth" when you tell give him a decent offer
Seriously I wish I could kill these niggers

>textmode idle anymore
Wasn't that only possible for like a week before they shut it down?

I just use to spend hundreds of hours trading instead of actually playing the game. Was like an addiction. I would server hop all day and run a server scanner to pick up rare items off noobs and go flip them. Backpack was easily over 500 dollars at one point and I didn't cash out cause muh virtual items

Based goldberg

Don't be a retard.

>offer 10x what it's worth
>ok!
>then ignore him forever

>you were banned
>reason: abusing the auction house for profit

Attached: 1560242496694.jpg (350x383, 75K)

What a fucking shit game lmao

Wut

>Did this as a kid in runescape
>He actually trimmed my armour

Nice try scammer.

It's true though. On guy pretty much controlled every single headhunter this league, jacked the prices up to mirrors.

>"WTB item for slightly above market price"
>Get hate mail for fucking with the economy

Attached: 1552754808151.jpg (600x806, 42K)

Good.

>NO LOWBALLING
>offer him dirt for his item

>selling 40 silver faction specific pets for several gold in Booty Bay
pretty consistant, probably do the same thing if I play classic. such is the meager life of a humble animal smuggler

Reported for harassment :)

Will botting be a taste of what future real world economy be like?

>play Warframe
>Wukong Prime comes out yesterday
>farm relics on Heppit in Void, easy capture mission, lvl15, needs 55s to complete
>1 per 5missions is required relic
>radshare it and get Wukong part
>sell it for 70 plat
Got 1200+ plat yesterday, and I played for like 5h

It's kind of cool how the devs let you get premium currency by playing the game and trading, not many games do this.