Steam Dwarf Fortress

>ruining a good game just for MUH GRAFIX
i seriously hope none of you buy this

Attached: ss_94ed0dcdcfab1c78fe867f9fed30514ff4459a49.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 783K)

I am going to buy it on day one.
Try and stop me, faggot.

*rolls u p sleeve* *muscles contract into*
ok faggot do something faggot *pushes you down*

How is the game ruined with better visuals? Also did they make a proper interface yet?

except people have been using 3rd party graphic tiles for the game for years. get better bait next time you turbo nigger.

Why does it ruin it?

Ruining? Why would Toady ruin his own game? The game will still be free off of Steam without the grafix and nu music so I see no problem.
You're literally retarded, sorry user.

buying day 1 if less than 10 dollars
dev deserves the support and the optional tileset looks nice

>reee noo dont use ascii graphics i dunno what they mean noooo
t. zoomers
kys

ASCII is still available on the Steam version, faggot.
Gonna buy it to support Tarn and to get it on my e-penis library.

I have yet to see a similar dev make a game as well detailed as dwarf fortress. and i have looked the only games that comes close are other roguelikes and maybe SS13

>support devs! im cucked!
based zoomer
have fun with your slow steam updates

>dwarf fortress bad!! reeee
fucking faggot

Tarn wouldn't be working full time on this game it it wasn't for all the donations/patreon. Also, he has health problems and he needs to pay for treatment. Now fuck off and go troll somewhere else.

are you well? did you not understand what i said? go to bed you have school tomorrow

Oh its a troll thread, my mistake carry on with your faggotry

*puts knife on your throat*
Back the fuck off!!!!???

>being angry about tilesets and people wanting to buy dorf fort in 2019

Bait thread right?

*looks up at you*
What you're gonna do big boy?
*bites lip*
You wanna play rough?
*pokes your crotch*

>NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T USE TILESETS
>RECTANGULAR SQUARES ARE ESSENTIAL TO PROPERLY ENJOY DWARF FORTRESS

suck it

I had a class with Tarn when he was doing the academic thing, so I kinda feel obligated out of some misplaced sense of loyalty to an old acquaintance.

OP is a fag

The issue here is that he doesn't have school tomorrow and we all know why.

What's going to be ruined?

When is the expected steam release date?

Did they cut anything or what? If you are gonna be a paranoid asshole at least tell me what I should be mad about, oh well free publicity I guess.

Soon™

You know, I might try it now, since it finally looks playable

besides the obvious bait I am not sure i understand people who shit on tilesets
if the dev disliked them he wouldnt include one in the steam release

please don't do it friend

>muh symbols

Stop paying this shit until he open sources it.
Can have 10 people working on this by now.

What's going on with the walls of grass? They look awful.

It's just a fancy tileset and some new music. Maybe a slight UI overhaul as well.
Worth it for the price in my opinion.

Is adventure mode any good in Dwarf Fortress yet? Can you still just steal from certain buildings in villages without any repercussions?

OH NO NO NO NO NO DWARF FORTRESS HAS GRAPHICS NOW??? OH NO NO NONO NO NNO BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW WILL THEY FUCKING RECOVER!??????!

who cares...adding magic is gonna take like 2 years min.

looks fine, I don't see the issue if you're not a turbo autist. Main reason I couldn't bring myself to play the game was the interface though.

>WAA WAA I CRY BECAUSE OD KIDS GAMES WAAA
STFU FAGGOT *BRAAAP*
>DUXE WTF IT SMELLS BAD IN HERE NOW DELETE THAT

HEHEHhhe no wayayusti faggot *jumls up* *PANTE FLY OFF* *COMES DOWN AND GLOORPS YOU INTO MY ANUS

>NONONONO *starts running around goes on an adventure in yiur intestines to find the princess*
>*meets up with a guyyc alled jmintestinal jellybean who sells me wares* based!

>oh fuck no im starting to get the intestinal bug *PFFHTHHTTTT*V NOOO *BRAAPP* IT WONT STOP COMING OUT BRAAPPFPFHHTTT MY MOUUTH TOOOOO NOO

Are you retarded? It's literally the same game but with a preinstalled graphics pack.

you can try it right now and just use graphical tiles sets kinda like minecraft texture packs and the game is very much playable at the state it is in right now my advice is to start with adventure mode and go hog wild then switch over to fortress mode and make a autism project or a death trap arena

>buying trannie games
lmao

what's so fucking ruined about it, user? It's still DF.

wtf why aren't the squares rectangular
ded game

based

are you by chance the same person that spams all these tranny threads on Yea Forums throughout the day?

niggas just mad that the time they spent learning what unicode characters meant in the game is going to mean nothing

>letting trannies decide what games you should and shouldn't buy
you don't even know it but you're a slave to the trannies you claim to hate

DF vs Rimworld vs Factorio

You can only choose one. Explain your choice.

I don't get it

conveniently after the summer sale.

ASCII actually.
But you're probably right.

Factorio isnt in even the same genre, you nimrod
i choose Oxygen not Included

dwarf fortress has infinitely more content than either of those two its just autistic

Looks good except where the grass meets the rock for some reason

I suck at all three, but probably Dwarf Fortress, because I like the increased focus on building stuff whereas the other two exist in a simple 1-level plane.

rimworld

DF gets too easy after a while and hard on the eyes
Factorio doesn't let you really be that creative since resources are precious

Kill Rimworld
Marry DF
Fuck Factorio

DF by far because the way toady is talking about the myth and magic update makes me think he is going to make something truly unique in the games industry

lmao thank for the yous faggots i was just kidding

>thinks being in same genre or not matters to the choice
>answers with another game
>calling others nimrods

good night or good morning or whatever

>Factorio doesn't let you really be that creative since resources are precious
Someone created their own simplified wolfenstein game engine inside of Factorio. It sure as shit can get creative.

>Steam
Nah, I'm good thanks. I'm not interested in a platform that bans """hate'""" speech.
Also fuck Bay12 too.

Yeah it makes the grass seem like it's rising above the rock of the mountain, when it should look the opposite.

he already has user
I'm buying the game so I can financially support his genius/insanity, to help see how far his autism can go.

>a
stfu samefaggot

*puts balls out* *tightens them. crank crank crank* *swings them around SMACK SMACK SMACK* this thread is gay

lmao I've played this game from the 2d days and only retards play on ASCII

you guys are talking to a slide bot
this reply has literally nothing to do with what it's addressing except for the game's name as a keyword. this was not made by a sapient person.
the more you know

DF
rimworld is propped up by mods IMO, past a certain point unless you're built autistically into a mountain with a battalion of turrets/traps/etc in the single exit to your bunker you just aren't going to have a great experience

>only simulates 42% of all aspects of existence
wtf shit game

none because I'm not a fucking permavirgin autist

is there any solid release date yet?

I really don't want to get too invested into a current fort if this "new" version is going to make the old one obsolete

Attached: Green Shirt Kobold.jpg (1267x1008, 268K)

wait til version 1.0 releases user

Attached: The Lanturn of Manors.png (797x598, 44K)

I cannot get used to the ASCII to save my life and it gives me killer headaches the longer I play, which usually maxes out at 20 minutes

Attached: 1534848736259.png (100x100, 4K)

Oh hey I actually like how that looks. Might start playing the game now.

I'll pay to support Toady.

soulless

>Tarn releases version 1.1
>game ascends to a new plane of existence