UNIST Thread

Finding new purpose in mashing A

Attached: 75553432_p0.jpg (607x721, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pass is vee
We'll talk about final team rosters later in the week. Might as well keep some suspense

Attached: 31717394_p5.jpg (600x600, 337K)

All it takes is 176 or less seconds to ruin my day.

pclobby is up, someone come take this red square away from me

Attached: peaceful.png (210x258, 36K)

Dang, I'll uh, come back later. Maybe.

guys redblade is turning to the dark side
he wants to give wagner a command grab

This is an odd request, waifu, but tell me what you think of Hyde after switching from Akat, pro and cons of the switch maybe. Not having any other hyde players for me to actively fight and really talk about his tools make me curious on what strengths he might have I'm not making use of.

I talked to him back in Frosty and he was down for giving Hyde a 214[x] that was just an anti-air fakeout command grab

I can't tell you shit if I can't even dashblock
but yeah, I'll try once I get a better handle on him

no one then? I can't stick around too long anyway but I was hoping to play a few

Attached: D674AjhWwAAI5KK.jpg (1536x2048, 333K)

I'll hop on and play some with ya. PS lobby is pretty filled up right now.

Oh, PC lobby is on rematch, I'll just sleep

On second thought, maybe I'll let you guys have your session since the lobby is clearly setup for 1 on 1. Have fun!

Attached: 1554708305482.gif (500x500, 148K)

one sec, I'll fix it

Whose the hardest character to play in this game?

yuzu, vatista, and seth are all considered hard to play execution-wise

Thanks, see ya in a minute.

Carmine in my opinion.

the part I ordered for my hitbox finally came in so now I'm finally able to actually put time into it without a gimped cable or worrying about dropping inputs, so please bear with me as I continue relearning how to unist. I bought a busted one cheap and added a detachable cable mod.
it was a fun project, I love doing shit like this

Attached: IMG_20190706_181658~2.jpg (2386x3669, 2.42M)

>two 4 bar connections

Attached: 1403028431178.jpg (300x303, 15K)

You just reminded me. I might not be able to show for the uni tourney at Garage Gear if I'm not able to find someone to cover for me on saturday. Here's hoping I can

Hippie honestly the only things I miss from playing akatsuki is parry, 22 dp motion, and step dash

yeah just skip me next time basta, I'm not playing you in your wack connection again.

>wack connection
>stable 3f
you could skip if you want but i'm not planning on it

I made a second PS4 lobby

It wasn't 3 frame on my end lol, yeah I'm def skipping you

that's unfortunate, I've been trying to decide whether to go to tripoint, garage gear or both this week. I'm thinking both because I need to play as much as I can before the 20th
here's a picture of my helper this weekend

Attached: IMG_20190706_192731~2.jpg (2078x3064, 2.12M)

>people on Yea Forums are still pretending they play unist
>when they could instead pretend they at least play a good game like the new samsho
I mean, pretending to play third strike is still the best option but still.

I'll ask you again when you're more acclimated on what your opinion on his normals are.
Also I might have to ask you if you can message red on his twitter about his July 20th availability

Attached: akat mirrors.jpg (800x450, 48K)

>469596931
but I play samsho and tekken too?

Attached: 1511227532932.gif (239x240, 692K)

What did we say about responding to the bots?

Attached: 1433982460665.jpg (800x703, 112K)

Reminder I'm going to try posting threads 2 hours 30 mins earlier than normal in the very near future.

Attached: d64aeadbb84bfb3c1300725ab076453d74adae91eefbc07d9cb00e0243ddd2eb.png (816x628, 559K)

YOU HAD THAT SHIT

fucking pale bringer ruining ex fireball every time

I know...

Attached: 1547811567441.png (792x732, 528K)

fucking ex fireball ruining my pale bringer

Why not just @ him on discord or something?

half circle supers were a mistake

I am reminded once again that being able to do something in training mode does not mean shit for actual matches

Attached: 1505766729397.jpg (480x696, 27K)

HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: MikaEmote.png (424x410, 183K)

I don't use discord

Sitting through a whole room to wait to get my ass beat again is a struggle.

I totally forgot.
You just want me to ask if he's still available for commentary on the 27th?

20th

Gotcha. I'll either poke him on twitter/discord

I poked him on PSN, which I don't imagine he'll see soon, so thank you in advance.

im ok with that if shes given worse health than seth

and thats after nerfing seths health

GGs first lobby, gonna go chill in the 2nd for a while.

Attached: 1556042211541.gif (512x384, 505K)

Help, how do I block Hilda's overheads

that's all the time I have tonight for being bullied
honestly these games could be going worse since this is only my second time trying to play real games on hitbox, but there's a long way to go

gonna close when it's back to me. ggs everyone, good to be back and play you all again.

Attached: 1559799929618.png (393x309, 356K)

I'm forgetting all I learned the past few days. Maybe I shouldnt have taken a break from playing yesterday

If she snaps, stop crouching.

Wanted to either mirror you or pit my Seth against you but oh well, maybe a bit later.

I'd be down to play a set with ya.

The snap seems like it comes out pretty late?

Sounds good.

GGs and thanks for the hosting. I think you were warming up pretty quick all things considered. Nice to play ya again after so long. Everybody else in PC lobbies plays real well too as always it seems. Duesta and lolb definitely weren't pulling any punches.

Time to hop on some PS lobbies now.

Attached: linne35.jpg (811x1200, 501K)

Hmm, my mentality isn't telling me to fire myself up for it tonight.
Maybe next week after my potential showing at garage gear

Sounds good. I'll be around.

Figured something was up, ggs bud.

So why the character and name change waifu? Did you drop Akatsuki?

Attached: 1518481309607.jpg (450x600, 43K)

Holy hell, how does duesta do these Smart Steer tricks

Had some stuff going on and I've been trying to read more and learn how to draw. It's also very hard to commit to playing on pad when you have a broken hitbox next to your desk that you're dying to fix up and play on.

Attached: 1550692241873.jpg (276x398, 57K)

I wish you the best of luck on your efforts to try out a new hobby or two. Is it an expensive fix?

Character change is because hyde is fun, and I'm a little tired of playing akatsuki.
Name change is because my ps+ ran out so I'm running a pirated copy on my ps3 and don't want my main account to get potentially banned

they ban your console brainlet

I feel ya, I also dropped my main for the same reason. Also why Hyde? Didn't you used to play Sion as a sub.

it's one of the older models that just has a wired cable. eventual use/winding broke the connections so it wasn't recognized on PC/console, kinda like old wired headphones. it was cheap though, 10 bucks for a USB passthrough, 10 bucks for a drill bit to get through the steel sides.
in that picture you can see the final product, the original cable was trimmed and the broken parts were tossed, resoldered to the PCB and connected to the inside of the passthrough. now there's just a USB B type port on the outside of the box for quickly plugging/unplugging into systems.

Attached: 1528798912897.gif (230x306, 1.92M)

I've heard of them banning both, not taking any chances

Sion's alright but I didn't really have a fun time with her
Hyde just feels better

Neat. Last time I dealt with soldering was mod-chipping a PS1 with much failure as a kid. I imagine there's a good tutorial out there for DIY nowadays though compared to back then.

Nice to see it was a cheap and easy fix for ya.

they do, ie, you are still taking a chance

Is the pc lobby already done and closed?

Main account isn't on the ps3 at all, there's no way

How would you get out of Hyde charged FF when you don't have DP available?

You just block it?

Block it.

Closed up earlier actually.

Block High, poke him out of it, grab him.
It's a 30 frame overhead with the novelty of maybe having a 22C covering it

It's an overhead not an unblockable. Depending on the distance you might be able to jab him or grab him.

Ah, well okay then. I guess I am showing up pretty late. I'll just come back tommorow then.

yeah, there's no way I would pay full price for a brand new on + shipping so I couldn't pass the offer up. I'd like to build my own eventually but this'll do in the mean time.

oddly enough I have experience soldering from electrical engineering courses and other projects; turned out drilling the hole for the passthrough ended up being the biggest hurdle.

I just got done moving apartments but now my internet is totally fucked because it won't connect. Luckily the tourney isn't for another 12 days. Hopefully it will be fixed and I'll be able to stream the tourney.

when I press 1D, the shield that comes out depends on the timing of the opponent's attack (like instant blocking in GG) or is there only a single type of shielding that always adds pushblock AND lessens blockstun?

Man, those FF slashes in the air are getting me really good. I think I lucked out on that air kuuga trade towards the end of that hah

I think merk can stream it if necessary, or even waifu honestly if it doesn't work out for you.
There's blue shield and then green shield

Good to know their is a couple back up options.

But just to check, any PC dudes wanna go before I hop into bed?

ggs everyone.
I wasn't paying attention to the thread tonight so I missed it, but Redblade did bring up the tourney when I played him this Friday and he seemed up for commentating still. I forgot to send him the date afterwards, so it all works out the same anyways if you guys messaged him.

Attached: D5-KlcKUUAAENO0.jpg large.jpg (1451x2048, 248K)

Purple shield is when you're outside of blockstun and locks you into blocking either high or low.

Green shield occurs when you're in blockstun, and allows you to switch your block, but you're still stuck in place and unable to move for a period of time like the purple shield. Whiffing a green shield makes you lose GRD as well

Both shields reduce your blockstun by 3 frames if it's a grounded move, or by a lot if you shield and aerial attack. Not sure about pushback distance

GGs
Well that's good

Attached: DJVlyCPUMAI3nws.jpg orig.jpg (1920x1080, 545K)

GGs. Sounds like everything is ready to go.

I finally beat a Gord.
And it only took me a month.

Attached: 1561618866128.jpg (595x842, 222K)

Ggs lobby 2 and thanks for hosting lamp.

Attached: 1504586220318.jpg (1000x804, 198K)

Damn, how do I pick between two half-full lobbies?

ggs

GGs broheim. Was fun to fight your Vat again for sure.

GGs 2nd lobby.
I really do suck at this game if it isn't akat, huh

You still want me to poke him?

Attached: death comes.png (313x260, 114K)

Lobby 1 has three people, I'm down to merge anytime

Why bother merging if it just means longer wait times for everyone?

I want to fight more people

Player variety

GGs. I think your Hyde is coming together pretty well in my opinion though the Aka is a monster to deal with definitely.

Had to pull out some stuff out of my element to avoid getting combo'd to death (though I still died in the end).

>Me at any point during any match

youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio

Thanks my dude, I'm still debating if I'm gonna main her or Hilda.

Your learning a new character, these things take time also your Hyde smacked me around tonight.

If he already knows, probably not. We just need to tell him the time and maybe to show up some time before to calibrate mics or something

>6C instead of 22C
Damn. I was anticipating the counter but couldn't rule out a DP

He hits 5aaaa

ggs

>I really do suck at this game if it isn't akat, huh
I think you were doing pretty well tonight though? The fact that you can transfer so easily to a new character and still win proves your strength plenty in my opinion

Please go back

Just remember Enkidu 623A/B aren't invuln, just anti-airs and fast.

What

Will I ever taste victory again?

There's too many people in lobby 2

Oh, lel

The wait will make it that much more delicious when you do.

Attached: obligatory_motivational_quote.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

Maybe if you fight the computer.

EAT SHIT ON YOUR TIMERSCAM

The level fives get downright cruel sometimes. I think it depends on the character though. Robo-Vats are devilish.

>that combo didnt work

i deserve it for not going rekka into iwexs

Attached: pen.png (239x211, 4K)

That Enkidu throw?/overhead? gets me every time.

They eat most frame traps and the most complicated blockstring they do is repeated assaults and half of an optimized combo in my experience.

YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HYDE

Attached: 1554566241091.jpg (640x1440, 586K)

Do you ever think this world is another world's hell? And Sairoux is the gatekeeper? That's what I'm thinking.

Almost there again just like the other day Huo. That was a close one. I don't see how you think you're not getting better personally.

Lamp is a tough Yuzu to crack. I think after a couple more sessions, I can see you sweeping my in the mirror match every time.

sweeping me*

Yeah, gotta abuse it while you still don't have the timing to block/ch it for now haha. He also has a foot drop one as well. Watch out for it!

Huo, you're as dramatic as icey.
Stop it

I swear I'm chasing sha more than I eat a blockstring from him. It's like fighting a fucking fly on the wall with a flimsy newspaper

He took my main man! My MAIN! Then thrashed me with her! I think a little drama is necessary.

He's played the game longer than you have and your main longer than you, probably.

Losing after you've learned a few things is no longer fun. Especially since I've been hit by probably 5 different wakeup supers today and haven't been able to land anything I practiced. I feel Huo's pain.

Oh yeah, another trick for you clawz. 623A whiff/block into j236C or even 623C

But, but, buuuut~

You're on Yea Forums, just call him a nigger

I wanna learn how you zone with that FF Lamp. Couldn't feel the timing at all for it haha.

Also all those confirms in the air into 214 were pretty nice Huo. Now you just gotta figure out how to close up each of em and then you'll definitely be better than me at the character.

Don't be a fag

Attached: 1413476377695.jpg (1024x576, 122K)

But we're on advertiser-friendly 4channel

I'm sorry, it's all I know!
I didn't want to have to use the nuclear option.

>that first round
On the edge of my seat here.

Vat vs Seth is a pretty interesting matchup.

Seriously, keep the faggot language to yourself. Keep that shit in /vg/

I've actually been using that a bit the last few weeks. Sadly unlike every other character's +a million EX fireballs Nanase's is - so if they block I still don't get my turn back for the meter.

Damn dude, sorry.

God fucking dammit.
I'm sorry for my connection.

You can't call her your main if you can't even touch me. Nut up or shut up

Attached: 1513577628472.png (127x116, 6K)

>lands right on the orb as it spawns the blade
What kinda bad luck is that?

It happens.

Attached: 1562461768067.webm (1280x720, 1.1M)

Do you want me to stop being a fag or nut up and touch you? I'm ]gettin' mixed signals.
Man, you use one tilde and the world freaks out.

>Man, you use one tilde and the world freaks out.
For some reason this line is cracking me up. Tilde's are a powerful shitposting tool aren't they?

It's cool, it's actually not bad frame wise. And that one disconnect I guess.

Pretty rough for me tonight, feels like I'm getting more and more sloppy. Think I have to work on oki more or just learn to punish better.

Be honest huo, how new are you

To change the tone and subject, is there a reason I still get hit by lows when I'm definitely downbacking from a recovery? I swear that Yuzu standing square hits me no matter what.
Now that I think about it, I don't remember what a tilde is for.
I first launched this game at approximately 9:00 PM on the sixth of March this year.

>standing square

You didn't answer what I actually meant but I think it confirmed my suspicions

>downbacking from a recovery?
If it's a recovery then the move must just be hitting you before you're fully recovered. Is there a specific move it's hitting you after?
Or do you mean after a wakeup from a knockdown? If that's the case then idk jmaybe your finger is slipping and just registering a 4 instead of a 1?

Never seen that notation before. Also I think he means how new are you to 4channel (formerly Yea Forums).

Also, 3 months into my session I was in a much worse position than you to be honest. I still didn't even have BnBs down so I'd say you're progressing way faster than me.

Did you mean "how new r u" board wise? I've been stuck here for a decade-ish at this point. It's sad that I'm still a newfag.
The more I think about it, it could just be my grip on the D-pad that's fucking up. Diagonal holding can be a bitch with hands this clammy. She clearly does what I know is a ducking punch, and I still get hit after touching the ground again.

Do people here play on pad or stick?
I play pad, and another eu vat I play with says the stick helps with crystal combos.
I only ask because there's a good one 50% off on amazon only for a few days. Only 68€.

Attached: i1k0kbjljgs21.jpg (900x900, 112K)

The most annoying thing about Yuzuriha is the fact all her slashes look the same. You'd think it ends after she does 3 of them and then another 2 just like it come out after and of course she can still combo afterwards.

What's more annoying is I still don't know how to do that. I think you can only do exactly 3 of the same move in a row though.

GGs
TO win was all I needed

Attached: Djh2s6OUcAEJEIa.jpg orig.jpg (1943x1658, 199K)

Dang, you read all of my B teleports down pat there hahaha. Were they that predictable?

Pad here. It's how I grew up playing the genre.

GGs

GGs. I keep messing up the 236A>22A for my combos but I'm happy I at least remember they're there.

Attached: 1556985950843.jpg (1280x1280, 247K)

Pad

Attached: task.jpg (894x894, 152K)

the most important thing i learned today is that i can just slide out of black lotus oki

ggs amigo, bring a bigger newspaper next time

Attached: 66b.png (683x222, 107K)

Closing lobby 2 as well when it gets back to me

That was pure reaction. I just let go of my stick and pressed 5C when I saw you disappear

I can probably nab you if I stopped going for jump > assault > j236x and just go for TK j236x
Or you know, properly meaty

That was some nutty reaction time then haha. Couldn't believe the 4-5 times I tried it I got hard countered each time. I think I was only able to block one thanks to CS.

It's really not as hard as you think. Thanks to Icy I'm well-versed in how to deal with teleporting bastards

Anyone going to setup another lobby? I wanna play a bit more

Well I won't argue with that. He gives lots of practice for those for real.

GGs Lobby 2 broskis. I'd setup a late night lobby but I've got lots of stuff to do in the morning so someone else will have to be in charge if it's still happening.

Have a good night!

Attached: linne11.jpg (800x1127, 82K)

ggs lobby 2

I just setup another lobby if anyone wants to play still. GGs to everyone else tonight

Screw it, I'll get hit some more.

Tasting victory is just kinda feels like failure, but I was luckier that time.

Makes me feel like I'm actually smart when I do a motion backwards in anticipation and it works.

Attached: 1469859041852.jpg (400x315, 47K)

I gotta figure out how you guys are safe on such weird stuff. I get ripped apart for trying to jab while ducking, while Vatista can flash kick and throw a laser in the other direction and still block before I can do anything. It's almost like I'm bad or something.

If you really wanna deep dive on that, look up the frame data on each of your normals and see what is + (safe on block) and - (not safe on block).

Go look up frame data on mizuumi or something. Study your opponents

Forgot to add the part where some moves will beat you in the + frames so you may end up CH for throwing out low jab if something else has more priority.

>what is + (safe on block) and - (not safe on block).
anything -4 or higher is safe on block, because the fastest moves in the game have 5 frame startup.
Also against certain characters you get an extra frame or two because they don't have 5f jabs (eg. merkava's is 5f, Waldstein's a hefty 8f).
Then of course distance is a factor as well but at its most basic +1 or higher means it's still your turn, -1 to -4 means you're safe from a punish, and -5 or worse means you're unsafe.

Attached: 1552971696425.png (680x680, 124K)

>merkava's is 5f,
*merkava's is 6f

Y-yeah right, I knew all about those technicalities. I was just waiting for someone else to fill in the dots. H-heh.

Attached: nervouswaver.webm (640x360, 905K)

Dang, thanks. I kinda thought - frames were the good ones, so this is pretty helpful.

Really wanna try this game out. Anyone in Aus play it or is it dead?

I had fun, lobbies 1-3. Good games, and sorry my errant punctuation ruffled so many feathers. See ya tomorrow.

Dammit I had that last one, but hit infinite worth exs by mistake.
Anyway, gg's have a good night.

Attached: 1560399332825.png (1440x1440, 398K)

you probably won't have more luck than the europeans, you could try lurking the unist discord and seeing if there's any aussie activity

I see, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

>anything -4 or higher is safe on block
Throws are 4 frames, and Wald's 360A is 3 frames along with Eltnum and Wagner's C DPs, so technically speaking, those aren't 100% safe, just really damn hard to punish

>Eltnum and Wagner's C DPs
What the fuck? They're already invuln why make them 3 frames too? Do the characters suffer too much by not having those extra punish opportunities?

>They're already invuln why make them 3 frames too?
Reasons.

>Do the characters suffer too much by not having those extra punish opportunities?
Not sure what you mean by this, but the DPs being 3 frames makes them slightly harder to safe jump

If I remember correctly too, Eltnum's DP doesn't have the greatest hitbox either. Wagner I don't really have a good reason for her needing a 3 frame DP

Mizuumi says Wagner's is 1+2, does that mean 1 frame before the super flash and 2 after? or does it have some kind of two-part startup?

The super flash takes up 1 frame, then 2 after for the rest of the DP start up, making 3 total