Will AA/Budget games ever make a comeback...

Will AA/Budget games ever make a comeback? Or are we stuck with AAA or Indie/Phone Games with basically nothing inbetween?

Attached: 29075-i-ninja-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1118, 226K)

THQNordic is pushing them.

holy shit looking at that cover just gave me a massive blast of nostalgia.

I would have spent my life thinking that this game didn't exist and that I was mis-remembering some early-2000s platformer if you hadn't posted this

A lot of indie studios that score a publisher or reach good crowdfunding/success from a previous work are pushing out AA level games.

On an off note, I-Ninja was fucking great and I am sad we never got a sequel.

They're pretty much the only one though. I commend them for it but its just not enough.

I wish more game devs looked towards A or AA development.

this game was great

Major nintendo games are essentially AA games. I don't think nintendo's ever done AAA

Same here. They don't since every game has to make CoD or GTA levels of money. Just look at all of the A and AA studios that died during the period between 2005-2012. The 7th gen fucking killed A and AA gaming.

Attached: area_51__43182.1525289900.jpg (1265x1775, 382K)

all the aa games are mobile now or very shitty nintendo/pc indie games

Did smartphones kill AA games then?

Yeah

> I-Ninja
Wow, what a blast from the past. Real fun mechanics and I like the super moves, I hated that one shooting gallery level with the ships, took me multiple times to get the last belt.

Fucking Steve Jobs.

Fuck your questions OP, this is an I-Ninja nostalgia thread now.

OP here. I'm okay with this

Indie is the new AA

NINJAAA BERZERKAAAAH

>tfw they unironically won E3 for me

If Hyper Light Drifter is AA I'm fine with that.

I-Ninja was great, but i swear all those timed missions give you literally 0 leeway. There were so many times where I failed mere inches away from the goal

Attached: 1484605989138.jpg (346x331, 22K)

Worst timeline.