Just finished pic related

Just finished pic related.

Never actually played a Ys game before this so I didn't know I was playing a sequel to the other games until about half way through. Beat it anyways and I'm glad I did or else the ending would of sucked even more than it did.

Why was Adol fine with everything that happens at the end? Why does he just accept what happens to Dana and that he is just a dream of Maia's that could be erased the next time that bitch wakes up? Is there any sort of mental gymnastics I can do to get that ending out of my head?

ys thread I guess

Attached: 1600w.jpg (1600x800, 449K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBCYxUfgdLk
youtube.com/watch?v=CquWENIwTvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2KvIM62cGbE
youtube.com/watch?v=80p1ykp9CfM
digitalemelas.com/index_ys.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sounds like someone didn't get Best Ending

I according to the game I did I think. I should of explained what I meant better probably. Dana didn't seem happy with being chosen to be the God of Evolution and to issue more Lacrimosa's when the time came. She was shown throughout the game as putting a brave face even though she wasn't happy. Adol even notices it himself a few times that she's doing it. To me this was another one of those times but he doesn't respond to it.

>Why was Adol fine with everything that happens at the end?
Adventure ventured. Time to move onto the next one.

Attached: 1555321146406.jpg (840x355, 109K)

Adol only cares about adventures and that's that.

>I didn't know ys 8 was a sequel
I miss the days when ys was an amazing action game and not a decent adventure game.

Adol doesn't believe in silly existential crisis.

He just wants to move on to the next place to go and ADVENTURE

I guess that does make sense from his characters prospective. I did catch on to him only wanting to adventure at some point in the story and kept answering that way for the rest of it.

Should I just head cannon out Maia and play the rest of the games? To be honest when I learned they were all connected I was going to start from the first one. But it all being a dream really puts a damper on things for me

youtube.com/watch?v=DBCYxUfgdLk

youtube.com/watch?v=CquWENIwTvQ

Attached: 1560213078979.gif (128x128, 175K)

He's basically Mad Max desu

Sure. You can do that. Hell, even I kinda pretend the dream stuff doesn't exist

Adol's character is literally The Adventure Goes on.

there has only been minor hints to the tritheism in all the prior games so far. What's wrong about it being a goddess' dream? The whole Elder Scrolls universe practically rests on the same basis. It's not like it's a new concept or anything. That being said who the fuck plays Ys games for story anyway?

>Ys VIII
>VIII
>I didn't know I was playing a sequel to the other games until about half way through

Attached: 1512500484002.png (679x769, 58K)

>Ys 8
>8
>1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
> I didn't know I was playing a sequel to the other games until about half way through

Buddy, you might be retarded.

cloaca

Attached: __dana_ys_viii_lacrimosa_of_dana_and_etc__5ee510851e40df15a10cbcb9fb3ae71b.png (1920x1080, 2.83M)

Man IX is shaping up to be even bigger than VIII, and VIII is one of the most ADVENTURE modern Ys
im hyped
tfw he might canonically defeated the goddess single handledly, at the age of 70, in Antarctica, thus erased his existence. But his story prevailed through the countless books he wrote

In his defense he might came from DQ/FF background where number doesnt matter
Still cant excuse the fact that he did 0 research on the series 1st tho

Didn't do any research only knew of the series before going in. Just because there was 8 of them didn't mean they were all sequels of each other. See Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Persona, etc

he's playing 8 user
play 6, felghana, or oath on hard at the very leastif you want to experience why these games are popular on Yea Forums
1&2 is also fantasitc

>Adol only keeps Isha's bracelet in the canon
why, Isha is a shit

she was too young to fug so he plans on coming back later.

Attached: 1543363662898.jpg (667x460, 53K)

Chadol doesn't give a shit he's here to go on adventures and jerk off to harmonicas

Was Felghana the only game without a blue girl?

What Dana truly wanted was to save people. First she lost her family, then she lost her entire race. By bearing through it all, she got the opportunity to save the entire world and she took it. Now she gets to dictate how evolution will continue, hopefully without total genocide.

Attached: analisis-ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana.jpg (949x700, 169K)

Ys 4 (Specifically both Mask of the sun and Celceta) 5 and 3 doesn't have a blue haired girl.

Attached: 1349993829-0007618-www.nevsepic.com.ua.jpg (2000x3116, 2.11M)

Will Cloaca Maxima be bigger than Dana's Big Hole?

>dogi

>Started Dana chapter
>wew she's such a womanlet
>IMAGINE intensified
>bring her back to present time
>she's as tall as Adol
>mfw

Attached: 1561976236862.jpg (837x652, 131K)

I mean she's a turbo womanlet for her race.

Celceta do have a blue girl (who fill the same "OP ass slashing adventurers" as Dana)

Attached: Ys_MoC_Frieda.png (720x1072, 176K)

Goddamnit, I forgot about her. Right.

I don't think I ever used her she felt too slow.

She's literally the last skill fodder for the optional boss, and her blackhole + blizzard skill is great
but yeah, not that good for most bosses

>full body suit
>Except for cleavage and pits exposed
Jesus

Its great isn't it

Do these games have decent stories?

Attached: 3864dcd93dc47c708c4e2d72a25d2f1520130702123606.jpg (960x544, 75K)

>adol crashes onto a new island
>explores and finds another world ending threat to stab
>saves the day and fucks off

>d-desert themes are shit and borin-
*blocks your adventure*
youtube.com/watch?v=2KvIM62cGbE
youtube.com/watch?v=80p1ykp9CfM

Attached: chadol.png (300x430, 160K)

Dana and Origin's are pretty good. Celceta is kinda nonsensical, but fun nevertheless
the other games' stories are rather barebone, but servicable
nothing can beat VII's arena sequence in term of hype

>entire world is some bitch's dream
I dont like this shitty retcon rendering Adol's achievement pointless in the grand scheme of Ys lore.

>implying Adol wont punch that bitch in the face, like the many bitches' faces he has punched before, to declare that his existence aint depended on some pansy dream

I mean, we're clearly not being given the full picture, seeing as in Trithiesm, there are three gods (Maia, Grattheos, Horus), each supposed to be balancing out the other. It doesn't make sense if it's solely Maia who gets to handle the world, so I think that'll be something expanded upon in later games.

He didnt in 8 though. Immediate extinction through Lacrimosa is stopped but Dana got stuck being Maya's slave instead. You still cant punch this bitch who threaten to end the world unless theres genocides every so often.

8? no. imagine playing homers odyssey for 25-40 hours, then the game flips on its ass just to go 'hey kill god. that's cool right?'

gameplay and music is great. but that just pissed me off. game shoulda stopped at the kraken boss and no divine bullshit.

yeah
i wonder if they ever revisit past games' plot for the grand ending tho
>Adol supposedly got the "inspiration for Aeroplane" from the god of inventions
>Saving Dana
>Feena's oath

i've played every Ys, except the non/un-canon games. what about this was a sequel (aside from the number in the title)? Maybe a handful of things were mentioned in dialogue, but hardly any major plot point. It's been awhile since I played this game but I don't remember anything like that.

idk man, diomedes hurting gods in the illiad was kino

I STILL haven't fucking played this fucking game because of NISA's shit ass PC port. FUCKING STILL. I am 100% seething to this day.

She was Ernst's fiance iirc

the story is you adventuring, so yeah, it's decent. plot is threadbare and can be adequately summed up by

is 8 a good ys to start with? i'm guessing it's like yakuza 0 where if you're only going to play one game in the franchise play this one because its the most accessible and polished.

You are right probably. Since I haven't played the others I can't say for sure but it doesn't appear to be anything major plot wise that would make it a sequel. Maybe when Dana says she watched Adol's adventures at some point but she could of just been talking about his adventure on the island, bad translation or I was just reading to much into it. But it is a continuation of Adol's overall life story.

The ending is so much fucking bullshit, holy shit.
>literally introduce a way to change the past
>still leave the entire ancient city and all its inhabitants to die horribly
What a shitload of fuck.

I would disagree with that, it's certainly the best looking game, graphically, it's also the first game that kind of opens itself up as the other games are very linear. There's also more side stuff to do, although nothing like a Yakuza game. It's a really good step for falcom but many of the other games are different, if not arguably better. I'd personally just say they're all good but different. Ys 8 stands a bit on its own but I think it's a great place to start since it's more likely to give you a reason to jump into the older games in the series.

If you turn off the dynamic shadows setting, the game won't crash at all

They're all fine to start with except for Ys II, which is a direct sequel to Ys I. If you want the best of Ys right away, playing Chronicles, Oath, or VIII would be your best bets, but there's a certain joy to be had in playing these games in a certain order and seeing the world gradually being built up as it's explored by Adol and the subsequent evolution of the gameplay in the games.

Attached: ysguidev2.png (1600x900, 145K)

Before I actually put time in this game i need to ask if you stay in the island forever and not actually get to explore a world with towns etc?

I recommend people to check out which order to follow from this site.
digitalemelas.com/index_ys.php (scroll down and you'll see what you need to see)

Origin's also bad since it's a prequel to I&II and assumes the player has some basic knowledge of those games

I ended up disabling all but the last core on my CPU and that fixed the crashes. Only had 1 after doing that the rest of the play through

>What a shitload of fuck.
Exactly what I said to myself after beating it

no real advancement in plot (just like every Ys game, tb h)
Only the fact that they are leaving Xandria of VII and heading to Romun (where IX is apparently taking place) through the Gaete sea
it could be served as a interlogue gone wrong

>Xandria of V
ftfy

The only village is the one you build with the survivors

VI is next. Order is Origin > I > II > IV > III > V > VIII > VI > VII > IX

But Dana cant really do anything tho? Adol's short adventure is several years in Dana's conciousness, at different landmark
The past Dana dont have enough information aside from "this red head need help"

eh...it might miss some context but it's not like 1 and 2 had substantial plots to them. It's probably one of the best combat systems and story in the entire series. so ofc it's going to get rec'd hard. I would personally play 1 and 2 first but Origin first isn't going to cause a major issue.

>ys 9 will be the oldest Adol has ever been in the series.
>he's 24 now

Attached: 1562540669113.jpg (380x400, 42K)

Ah yeah, forgot this shit is b4 VI and VII
the timeline is confusing sometimes

old man needs to retire.

Attached: 1536436324359.png (925x711, 32K)

Do we even know if Prison Island (if that's even the name) is located or controlled by Romn? I would suspect it is but I believe 7 is after both 8 and 9.

That's pretty fucking old for Japanese vidya protagonists, they seem to treat them as middle-aged by the time they hit their 20's.

he was 16 when he set out into the world
and most of his adventures end pretty quickly, tb h(maybe except VIII)

9 is after Seven.

I'm sure all the weebs itt know this but some may not, Japan sees people aged 20 or so to be 'old' or rather their adventuring days are done and they should get a career. It's a cultural thing, so it's very odd for their media to depict 'older' people as protagonists particularly ones about adventuring. If Ys survives as a series for much longer, I suspect he won't ever get out of his 20's if it's up to Falcom.

IX is confirmed to be the latest in the timeline

Considering all the games are based on his books how much of it is Adol bullshiting?

hadn't kept up on it; last I read one of the directors (or someone) either said or alluded to a different timeline.

IX will take place in a Romun city called Barduk (or was it Baldeux), which also serves as a gigantic prison with Gothic aethestics. It's close to Esteria, just northeast of it, so maybe we'll get a glimpse of Darm Tower.

Attached: 1544748630818.png (1600x591, 2.12M)

>early 20s
>old
nah, they are in the frivolous, college life stage. once 25-26 hit then yeah, they are old
How old is Dogi anyway?

chadol literally settle most of world threatening events in few days.

>nah bro i totally fought the kraken underwater by riding geyser currents and launching exploding seaweed at him trust me

Technically Adol dies at the age of 65, so the oldest he's ever been is 65. Just not adapted into a game (if ever).

>Never actually played a Ys game before this so I didn't know I was playing a sequel to the other games
>game is called Ys 8

>he fucking came to America and back
the absolute madman

Dogi is in his 30's in 8

Ease or whys

>adol is french

Man's in his thirties by now and still going strong. Crushing walls does seem to be a viable workout, after all.

Attached: 1541328403983.png (500x784, 202K)

Neither. Rhymes with Geese and Fleece

how the fuck did he get anywhere near the vortex of canaan? i remember he was escaping from the romuns but did he just say fuck it and go super far away from the entire landmass. kinda odd desu

>felghana, or oath

That said, don't play 6 first.

Will Geis make a comeback in Ys IX bros?

Attached: 1568d7bbfd0d3557ad4f533965e0a8a4.jpg (550x690, 47K)

He is literally Pytheas, i guess? adventurer, and (supposedly) tall tales teller
>the mad lad travel from Athene to the Baltic sea and Iceland, and back

See
Dogi is 26 in 8

Attached: Dogi.jpg (2440x1224, 829K)

He went yar har fiddle dih deeing with some retards.

Only if mommy Frieda shows up again as well and teases him about that dumbass Clan of Cuckness brother of his