Reimu in smash

Does she actually have a chance or is it just one big meme?

Attached: 1562413133694.jpg (552x620, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendosoup.com/the-top-20-favorite-video-game-characters-according-to-nintendo-dream-readers/
nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/06/23/japans-nintendo-dream-readers-pick-their-favorite-nintendo-characters/
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30
theylivewesleep.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html?sp
fantendo.fandom.com/wiki/Touhou_17_~_Deprivation_of_Life_&_Reality
mobile.twitter.com/nuu_echo/status/1147816414134206464
youtube.com/watch?v=8FoJ0vncVwo
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77713957#6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends if Nintendo actually wants an indie as DLC
If so, they'd go with her or an Undertale character
They already know Touhou exists, they went to Reitaisai a few years ago
That said, her odds are still shit

i want to lick her armpits

Nothing prevents them from picking Reimu. Reimu is a huge meme pick, but she's also not completely retarded. Sakurai has trolled us many times before, so this would be business as usual.

I personally think that Reimu make a great inclusion. She has the perfect combination of moveset potential, good music, relevance, industry importance and popularity. Her major drawbacks are Touhou's little relevance in the west, and the fact that she has to compete with newer and more popular franchises for the spot.

Sakurai is a big shmup fan, so Reimu has a decent shot.

It's the only meme pick I'd be okay with.

There's no point in not including her
Doesn't cost that much to include her and they'll get a shitton back from Touhou fans

Attached: 1562553600100.png (645x773, 20K)

Her final smash?
Everyone turns into clones of her.

Would be legitimately the most fun pick possible.

It's a meme. 100 percent.

If they want to include a meme pick, it can only be Reimu.
If they want to include an indie pick, it can only be Reimu or Undertale.
If they want to include a shmup representative, it can only be Reimu.

>not wanting gradius in smash
get a load of this pleb

>takes out the title of strongest fairy from cirno
nothin personnel

Attached: 1562253989673.png (655x1164, 505K)

I want to believe.
If anything, Touhou is THE indie rep.

I'm still hoping for my boy Vic.

There is only one reason why beings born from the elements would take on the form of young female humans.

>Reimu would actually be a sound financial strategy for Nintendo because Touhoufags would go absolutely rabid at her being in
Better chance than most

why the hell would they go straight to undertale?
There are countless other picks that make much more sense than a two year old game that the sequel is literally taking 8 years to develop. Cave Story, Shovel Knight (would've been the case, assist trophy), Shantae, Minecraft started out as an indie, Cuphead, the list goes on.

Cuphead simply doesn't work in Smash. The point of Cuphead is it's artstyle, you can't put that in Smash.

Undertale is just much more popular than every game you listed except Minecraft. Undertale gets literal concerts in Japan, they love it over there. Btw it's actually been almost 4 years since Undertale released, it released in September 2015. Toby Fox living in Japan also makes it easier for Sakurai and Nintendo to approach him.
Also: nintendosoup.com/the-top-20-favorite-video-game-characters-according-to-nintendo-dream-readers/
nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/06/23/japans-nintendo-dream-readers-pick-their-favorite-nintendo-characters/

It's more likely for ZUN to quit beer than making games on consoles

can't you fags just make a normal touhou thread for once?

kys

ULiL is already on PS4 and AoCF is coming to PS4 and switch.

Also Toby is learning Nip so language barrier isn't a problem

Apparently he's already fluent in it, he's done multiple interviews in Japanese

If it comes down to an Indie rep is gonna be Undertale.
Dragon Quest may be a bit niche in the west but Touhou is UNHEARD OF over here. The whole world likes Undertale though.

>Touhou is unheard of over here
How?

It's bait. Ingore him.

Be honest here, only weebs even know what Touhou is. It doesn't seem popular here at all.
SHUT UP IT AINT BAIT ITS THE TRUTH IM SORRY THAT I OFFENDED YOUR ANIME GIRL GAMEY WAMEY
Thank you for asking me to clarify in a respectful manner.

My dad works for Team Shanghai Alice and he said she's pretty much guaranteed in the DLC

Attached: _0.jpg (635x971, 334K)

+ZUN has let those shitty fangames on the console and iirc one of the official fighting games is being ported
+Reimu, Marisa and Sakuya have appeared alongside the Kirby cast in a Taiko game on 3DS
-Beyond her broad appeal on the doujin market, she's a literal who to most of Smash' fanbase

ZUN's kids don't know English

despite shaping the internet, it has zero real world presence outside of japan

From a few years back
>Last December, ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums, i.e. the PC-98 Touhou OST, and ZUN's music collections. They followed it up with a Shanghai Alice Remix Contest for players, with ZUN as a special judge. The winners were announced in the previous broadcast ZUN attended; their compositions will be collected in a CD sold at Reitaisai, marking Nintendo's first ever appearance at Reitaisai.

shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30

>Z" Wowwow Well ... in the future ... Well ... I wish I could make a good talk with Nintendo-san, it was today's broadcast that makes me feel such a dream. "
>Z" I want to make friends with Nintendo, not only Sony is making friends "
>Z" Because Toho is not so much something, there is a healthy Toho world "

theylivewesleep.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html?sp

2hu does have presence, it's just that everyone is busy being slaves of easy likes by making memes and fanarts of the fotm. And since everyone is a fucking dirty casual, nobody bothers to try to expose/talk about it. I live in South America and that shit is known, dude.
Also, Reimu would be widely known after getting in Smash anyway, right?

Attached: 1556937983712.png (929x813, 352K)

ZUN didn't make those games though

Touhou 17 is coming for PC, Nintendo Switch and >censorstation4

No Touhou collection? What's the point then?

If Joker from Persona 5 can get in anyone can get in. There are no limitations.

Attached: always.jpg (485x864, 119K)

Your ass is not a good source

They're official collaborations and considered part of the main Touhou franchise. They also effect the shooting games, with LoLK being a direct sequel to ULiL.

Source?

it's all a big meme

Attached: 1543781563775.png (686x1163, 1.1M)

be honest. outside of Yea Forums and maybe reddit no one will know what the fuck touhou is.

The real problem is ZUN

Attached: youkaihunting.png (460x418, 12K)

Bad sources all around
fantendo.fandom.com/wiki/Touhou_17_~_Deprivation_of_Life_&_Reality

Epic

Wait I'm confused. I'm not familiar with Touhou, so what's the difference between this and the Wily Beast and the Weakest Creature, are they the same game?

That's a fanon wiki. Some dude pulled all of that out of his ass for fun.

A meme that needs to die.

It's literal fan fiction dude

Attached: 1561925533682.jpg (418x392, 33K)

literally, no, LITERALLY who?
>”underage!”
i’m sorry I don’t recognize little anime girl #394728492

Dilate

Attached: 1560276925990.png (496x430, 122K)

They will make her a trophy at best, just look at bomberman.

big meme. meme enough to make it as final DLC though in second DLC batch

to trick or treat for free candy on halloween? yeah, its a good tactic

>anime

When is ZUN gonna add more christians to his games?

Attached: __okazaki_yumemi_touhou_pc_98_and_etc_drawn_by_shimadoriru__1df5ca585f7356b3b10f8019a9bb5d9d.jpg (1387x869, 762K)

When is ZUN going to add aztec 2hus to hsi games?
They have some of the silliest hats around, they would be perfect.

I don't believe for a second that she has a chance. It doesn't mean it isn't an interesting prospect, though.

>series has faith be used for power levels
>crosses do nothing to Remilia and she even wonders why anyone would think they would work on her

Sariel is the only Judaic character in the franchise excluding Sanae, who is a rare breed of Japanese Jew and she ain't canon anymore

Attached: file.png (850x638, 930K)

I just want her in solely for the music potential

Attached: 1540987029143.jpg (263x243, 19K)

WILL she be in?
No
SHOULD she be in?
Absolutely

>one big meme
she's to japan what minecraft steve posters are here in the west, except people want reimu in the USA. she'd also be an incredibly great choice as an indie rep considering her own series and fanbase are a monolithic indie franchise.

so what are her chances? she'd had more unique games on nintendo consoles than several other potential indie reps, to say nothing of how familiar touhou is. honestly though? i'd say her chances are better than the likes of others indie's. but i don't know shit, i don't know what rabbit they'll pull out of their hat.

undertale is extremely popular and relevant in Japan. The Japanese translation was like one of the first non-western language translations

Attached: 01_044_0044.jpg (1280x1882, 640K)

I THINK LUNARIANS SUCK.

Attached: FUCKTHEMOON.jpg (359x359, 217K)

So apparently Joy Con sprites were found in Luna Night's recent update

Reimu would never leave a letter unopened. it might have money in it.

Attached: smash-reimu-reality.jpg (900x1197, 93K)

Quick, Marisa, now's your chance!

What kind of expression is Sakuya supposed to convey in this piece of art by Zun?

Attached: eedef88a06f9bb1f6bf36bf7ac1de7b95ca780bd.jpg (1024x2048, 793K)

EoSD Sakuya was traced. Really badly

ZUN's art is just full of soul

She's a reflection of Zun state of mind while drawing her, is state of mind was drunk

Supreme smug

Attached: ttt.png (671x1516, 860K)

This is way better than anything I could do

Well better start drawing again if you want to get better.

Play fangame the last comer
It has 2hu jesus

Truly the master of facial expression

Attached: Th15Marisa.png (711x845, 297K)

This marisa is his magnum opus, nothing he does will be better than this marisa.

Attached: 1562499159223.png (824x768, 347K)

Attached: 1557805908589.jpg (1249x670, 843K)

Banjo has ZERO (null) (0) (none) presence outside of USA

What about Bongland, his own goddamn home turf you cunt?

Attached: 1547910857825.jpg (415x604, 50K)

Attached: 1553803197496.jpg (400x596, 89K)

Bongland has zero presence outside of Bongland

>picking reimu for the niche appeal
>when they could pick tracer or lara croft for the international appeal

no way they'll pick a character that normies cant into.

>Implying they'd save the characters with the broadest appeal for last
Gotta get people to buy the full pass early

All 2hu's are catholic

Shit Yea Forums meme

Attached: 1555184827341.jpg (800x964, 583K)

Stop browsing only Yea Forums, this stupid echo chamber effect is fucking up with your brain. Very unlikely characters like Reimu or Doomguy are speculated on a daily basis here only because Yea Forums loves their games.
That doesn't give them more of a chance or make them a top request: it's just a huge bias caused by the fact that you people never get off this board.

No sane person outside you circlejerking retards will tell you that Doomguy or Reimu are likely to get in. You're just abusing the "everyone can be added" logic by convincing eachother that your favorite characters actually have a good chance.

but Sanae is jewish

Attached: 1418120259865.png (700x617, 351K)

ahem no

Attached: 1541339257139.jpg (1200x975, 413K)

should've kept your mouth shut you dumb idiot

Except the best ones

Attached: 1560397302171.png (1529x2048, 3.95M)

She may be a never ever pick, but her inclusion can only be a positive to the game.
There's hardly any other female characters that would fit her broad appeal to Japanese audiences.
If she does get in, as soon as it gets announced, it will blow up hard in Japan.
As for the west, they'll be exposed to Touhou and possibly enjoy her inclusion.
She'd be a very unique character.

Can you find anyone online for Antimony of common flowers on steam, or would it just be better to get it on the switch?

AoCF online is completely unplayable outside of japan and the switch version won't be any different. Don't buy it unless you have friends to play with locally.

Attached: 1562429245718.gif (450x253, 3.36M)

>If they want to include an indie pick, it can only be Reimu or Undertale.
>forgetting quote

as much as I want it just remember if it happens
>Quote gets in
>SMASH BROS X Nicalis
I'd be more than mad

Attached: just-bee-yourself.jpg (474x700, 48K)

Play Hisoutensoku instead.
Pretty active community.

since when is koishi one of the buddhists?

She accepted Byakuren's invite to her temple. It's either an ending in one of the fighting games or from the print works, I don't remember.

Attached: 1550293386469.png (500x482, 205K)

>Cirno yourself

Have you seen Yoshika's new cute game?
>mobile.twitter.com/nuu_echo/status/1147816414134206464

But zombies can't drive cars and shoot guns.

>Undertale
Why is this the indie pick?

What the fuck is this meme

So this means you can't instantly kill 2hu vampires by shooting them with silver bullets? Aren't they relatives of Dracula?

Big Meme, and I like Touhou.
We all know that the indie character who most likely be in is Commander Video

They also can't fly and shot danmaku.

Tracer is fotm, nobody cares about Overwatch anymore.

Literally any vidya character have a chance at this point, and you're wondering if the face of doujin/indie culture have a chance?

Honestly I could see them going for Undertale in 2nd considering how much Japan loves this game. However they're never ever putting it in before Touhou and Undertale's chances are vastly overestimated due to memes.

Can people stop with this stupid meme already?
The very reason why Reimu being discussed for Smash is causing so much debates is because Touhou *IS* popular in the west. It's just not commonly associated with Nintendo so people have a hard time seeing it in Smash. If it was as unpopular as you guys claim it to be, it would barely be discussed at all in a Smash context considering how far away it is from the Nintendo niche.
Touhou have been popular on the western Internet for years.

zoom

What would be Reimu's alt skins?

PC98
Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Sanae, Cirno, Yukari
The rest of EoSD

Remilia claims direct ancestry to Drac himself but it's implied to just be a bold faced lie.

No one outside of Japan knows who that literal who anime girl is. Been playing video games for 30 years and I just recently found out about her because of bad memes. I don't play many weeb games period which is another reason, but I like to think I represent the middle ground between casuals and no-lifers who know it all.

I'm out side Japan and I know who it is.

I have never played a touhou game in my life and I've knowm who this bitch is for years solely through memes, stop lying.

If you've never encountered Touhou in yours years of using the internet, you're definitely lying.

Attached: 1561880926513.png (1396x369, 310K)

She's my dream pick solely because she'd be perfect for it. She's a representative of both a genre and the indie scene of Japan and her games are of excellent quality and soul.
Her and Doom Guy would be the ideal last 2 picks for me

>Reimu's gimmick is spamming massive amounts of projectiles while also having an extremely small hitbox
She'd be a terrible choice for Smash. That sounds obnoxious as fuck.

You must be new to the net then, Touhou has had a presence on the net since the early days during the peak of its popularity.
shit how old is the ronald mcdonald insanity vid now

It probably wouldn't be like that though given she's already had a couple of incarnations of movesets for the fighters she's been in. It would be kind of cool if she had a float mechanic similar to the focus that decreases her hitbox temporarily though, there's a lot of potential for her playstyle since she'd be like nothing else in the game so far.

How do we feel about Ran?

Just limit projectile/special with a gauge like in the fighters

What would you like to see if she got in? If Joker's anything to go by we'd get 11 tracks too. An alternate palette for her PC-98 look would be fucking great

what do you mean? How do we even know that sakurai knows what touhou is?

God damn, Joker has 11 tracks? Are they remixes or just imports from his games?

Meme
We just use it as an excuse to post more 2hoe

Attached: 1560971255985.jpg (1200x1200, 116K)

Touhou is incredibly popular in Japan, take a guess.

Fucking this
Everytime i see a moveset with projectile spam + floating/teleport up b and some dumbass hitbox reduction mechanic i feel like dying inside

3 remixes, get fucked Squeenix

youtube.com/watch?v=8FoJ0vncVwo

Quite a few vampire lore has its vampires immune to crosses. Such as Vampire the Masquerade

why are you even looking at fanmade shit when she's been in like 4 fighting games that have all given her a pretty good moveset that doesn't rely entirely on spam

I don't want to keep getting my hopes up nigga, reimu's a literal dream-pick for me and the traction she's getting now makes me worried it'll never happen

Because putting Reimu in and NOT giving her a projectile-based moveset would be retarded

There is no game developer in Japan who doesn't know Touhou, simply because it's impossible to know doujin culture (which is quite important to the Japanese video games development scene) without knowing Touhou.

To be fair Touhou fighters are based around high projectile count

Attached: 1556908978922.jpg (575x658, 46K)

You can still give her projectiles without being spam, the fighters got around this by having her have a projectile gauge. They can use something similar.

Attached: 1540166752213.png (1975x1279, 165K)

What would be Reimu's stages?

Attached: 1560288774775.png (2776x2365, 2.71M)

shit tier Yea Forums meme, not that you should expect anything else from this shithole

Attached: 1557554089299.png (600x600, 60K)

55 pieces of music minimum. Just let Sakurai's team go nuts with the music, I want to see Yoko bringing all her violins, I want to see ZUN kicking the door open to make some arranges of his own. If there is one are where 2hu can stand out for the average normalfag is the music.

It'd be even better if she got in to make you /jp/ neet sissies implode

Alternatively a roaming stage that goes through different locations, or the scarlet devil mansion if you want Castlevania again.

Attached: Shrine.png (784x3656, 1.93M)

Flyover stage of Gensokyo.

good thing it'll never happen lmao

pofv's blue reimu

Wanna bet?

>playing online
>ruleset is items on
>opponent opens assist trophy
>it's a 2hu assist trophy
>it's Clownpiece
>she activates Stars and Stripes
What do?

>if you want Castlevania
Who is the touhou stage boss?

At least it’s not Hell Eclipse

Reimu is meme and simple. The amount of people who asked for her prior to DLC is minimal and even now it's small as shit. I doubt she's even on Sakurai's radar. She has no real chance.

Yeah because Joker was asked for Smash by thousands of people, leading to his debut, of course

Joker got in because Sakurai loved Persona 5.

And what makes you think he doesn't love Touhou? He's obviously a huge fan of shmups considering he's pushed for those in most of the smash games, plus you can't be a Japanese game developer without having heard of Touhou considering how huge it is in Japan

You can't prove a negative. You have any proof he is a fan? I know he loved Persona 5 because he talked about it, appeared in a Persona 5 video and it inspired Snash's menus.

Nintendo are fully aware of the series' existence given 2hu games are on the Switch and It's also pretty much impossible to be a fan of shmups without knowing Touhou, especially in Japan, that'd be like calling yourself an FPS fan without knowing about Doom. Unless Sakurai lives under a rock- which seems extremely unlikely given how well-versed he is with most of the series he represents and the gaming industry- he's heard of Touhou.

You're not even close to being "the middle ground", you're full on casual according to your description.

>Implying that's the only way you could represent her
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77713957#6

You are conflating being aware of the series with being a fan of the series. Yes, it is nearly impossible to be a fan of the genre and not know Touhou, but that does not mean you are a fan of the series. Sakurai has made it apparent he is a huge fan of Persona, and how he loves it's characters and it's visuals. Again, it was direct inspiration for Ultimate's menus. Where has he ever stated to be a fan of the Touhou games?

Tracer is not fotm. I will love her until the day I die.

>Japanese game dev
>"how do we know he knows what Touhou is"

He stated he was a huge fan of Persona after he included Joker in though, prior to that we didn't know those bits of trivia. Who's to say he wasn't inspired partially by Touhou to make all those shmup minigames in Smash?

Tracer really is not fotm. I don't even like Overwatch

Fanrules were broken so more characters became possible. Same thing happened for Doomguy, Dante, Master Chief, Sora etc. None of those were popular in 2015.

Overwatch is practically foty now since no one cares about it

Honestly, she'd be done more justice as an AT. I can't see SHMUP or Bellet Hell translating to a balanced fighter, but an AT can flood the screen just fine.

Attached: 1557582906049.png (305x298, 51K)

Touhou is a 23 year old series. If he really was a fan he would have said SOMETHING about it by now. He has interviews where he talks about Halo 2, Half life, Dark Souls and Doom.

Reimu being a meme pick is a forced discord meme.
Meme picks are characters that have actual rules going against them.

- Characters that are deconfirmed (such as Waluigi or Geno), though their meme status will only last for the current game.
- Characters that aren't from videogames (such as Goku or Shrek), no explanation needed
- Characters that are side characters of franchises that aren't in the game yet (such as Sans or Cirno). Those will remain meme picks until their franchise is represented by its main character (or one of its main characters) being playable. Since the franchise will be in the game, bringing in newcomers from it won't be a problem even if they're side characters.

Any character that doesn't fall under any of those isn't a meme pick, no matter how hard discordfags are trying to make you believe they are. A character that unironically have a chance can't be a meme pick by definition. The point of a meme pick is that it's not serious.

Just like he's talked about Banjo & Kazooie numerous times before his inclusion, right?
She'd be fine as a fighter, there's fighter games already out there that have given her proper movesets

Why not just make a touhou thread then? Hardly anyone here is talking about touhou, which is isn't exactly surprising considering the OP is about Smash and not Touhou.

Not gonna jump into your autistic argument because I'm not retarded enough to believe patterns mean shit but Persona is just as old as Touhou.

Sakurai at the very least said they would be included in Melee. And even with that, Banjo was a fan favorite pick. Reimu is not.

Touhou have other characters that would make for better AT's, it would be retarded to have Reimu be one

Persona 5 is not. We didn't just get some Persona protagonist, we got the one from the most recent game which Sakurai was a huge fan of.

>Reimu is not
She is though, she's one of the most recognizable characters in Japan. The Hero from Dragon Quest was a literal-who to many in the West and they got in. They could easily put Reimu in and also put in a fan-favorite western rep too like Doom Guy or Crash.
Also when did Sakurai say B&K were going to be included in melee?

Joker is the Cloud of the franchise of course they were gonna pick him

The issue is that Japan doesn't even want her in Smash, or if they do they have never made it know. I've looked at all kinds of lists, all kinds of videos on what Japan wants, from random Youtube videos to listed made by specific Japanese websites to 2ch request and I have never seen Reimu come up. I have however seen at least one of the Dragon Quest Heroes appear on those least or seen their name tossed around.

That would be Yu Narukami.

>Yu Narukami

Attached: 1533854371876.gif (382x356, 1.12M)

You have to realize Persona 5 is literally the face of Atlus right now

Wasn't Touhou popular in the ballot?

Japan doesn't whine about characters that have no chance of getting in, nobody asked for Joker either. Reimu is just about the perfect choice for the approach Nintendo is currently taking with DLC characters.

Unless they released results from the ballot then we don't know.

It would be unusual as Team Shanghai Alice is one dude and not a massive company they could cozy up to

Touhou’s popularity has generally abated in favour of other things as well unfortunately

It’s possible but unlikely and doesn’t fit ninty’s MO

>Japan doesn't whine about characters that have no chance of getting in
Considering it helped Banjo, Ridley and K. Rool maybe they should have.

>Reimu is just about the perfect choice for the approach Nintendo is currently taking with DLC characters.
We got, one character Sakurai asked for.
One character Japan asked for
and one character the west and Japan asked for

Please god tell me this is just a manga and not a doujin.

Attached: 1495541344046.gif (500x280, 1.87M)

>inb4 shitty reddit FBI memes

It's not about asking, it's about cross-marketing. Big audiences who might not have had much reason to care about Smash and the Switch.

She knows she's gonna stab you in the back when she leads you 5 feet closer towards Remilia's room.

Nah man I ain't no redditor

She has a small chance, anyone who was around for Snake and Sonic's reveals should know that Smash is able and willing to completely surprise people with newcomers.
Is it likely? Absolutely not. It feels like with Ultimate they are trying to appease the West just as much as the East, and Reimu is largely completely unknown in the West. There's also the fact that ZUN has been pretty against working with big companies, although that's changed recently since he started using Steam to officially release Touhou overseas.

She would also not be simple to create in Smash in terms of moveset and mechanics, because just making her a projectile spammer wouldn't fit with the game, although it wouldn't be overly hard to fit her in given the fact that ZUN's own fighting games give every character including Reimu plenty of melee options.

Considering the reps for Ultimate thus far sans Incineroar, The Plant and the Echo fighters. Ultimates primary concern thus far has shown to be crowed pleasing. Bringing everyone back, adding icons like Simon, and adding Richter for Japanese fans. K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo and Hero. Nintendo/Sakurai has been attempting to please the largest number of Smash fans with Ultimate.

>Big audiences who might not have had much reason to care about Smash and the Switch.
This could also apply to any number of series even if it was true.

What are the rankings of the 2hu games?

LoLK is the best. The rest are trash.

There is no objective ranking. Play the games and form your own opinions you literal NPC.

>NPC
Can you speak normally for once in your life

If joker can get in, anyone can.

Meme language but he more or less has a point

Which 2hus would make the best assist trophies?

Cirno
Dumb retard deserves to be nothing but an assist trophy.

>Nintendo/Sakurai has been attempting to please the largest number of Smash fans with Ultimate.
If this were the case, we would have Steve over Banjo, Sora over Hero and we wouldn't have Joker at all. Smash isn't all about mass appeal and niche franchises certainly have a place, especially if they have importance to the medium like Touhou.