Worst 3D Mario

>worst 3D Mario
>no Zelda til the very end
>worst Metroid
>worst Star Fox
>no Animal Crossing
>most soulless Smash
Where exactly did their plan go wrong?

Attached: DA8BF682-5F37-47F3-990F-121056EC2600.jpg (342x304, 18K)

>worst 3D Mario
3D land is very good, plus it's more like a classic mario that 3D mario, despite the name. Small levels with nsmb mechanics.
>Zelda
Which became multiplat instantly
>Metroid
There isn't one, what are you talking about.
>Star Fox
Yeah
>most soulless smash
Why?

>worst metroid
I don't remember zero mission being on it

Judging by the complaints Sony is receiving at the moment, I'll have to guess it was the censorship.

It's a pretty good console actually and i like it much more than vita, but it doesn't have much purpose if you have wii right now, cause most of stuff got ported to switch, some to 3ds and right now the only mentionable exclusives are xenoblade x (i liked it much more that 2, but it's kidna dumb at times and music, face animations are too weird, not really bad), pikmin 3, wonderful 101, kirby rainbow curse, that bad star fox game which actually fine, mario 3d land, hd zeldas and maybe splatoon, Which already is pretty nice.

You have to remember that the Nintendo DS was hugely successful prior to this, and Nintendo was trying to replicate that success on a home console (multiple screens, touchscreen/stylus). The problem they didn't consider was that each screen on a DS could function as the primary screen depending on what the gameplay called for. This could never work on Wii U because no one wants to stare at a 360p mini screen while sitting in front of their 50 inch 1080p tv. Because of this the screen on the controller was almost never used for anything important, touch screen functionality was practically ignored, and the huge weird controller which was supposed to be it's selling point ended up being a giant waste. There were occasional early games which came up with unique gimmicks like ZombiU but they didn't sell well so 3rd parties gave up pretty quickly. It didn't help that normies didn't understand the branding and thought it was an accessory for the Wii instead of a new console.

>360p
Is it 360p? And your point is very arguable, that's what i thought they were going for, ds like gameplay on home console with wii's name but i think the gimmick wasn't the issue, 3ds had a lame ass 3d which is nice but using it as a gimmick, really? I don't think that was the issue.

>worst 3D Mario
1. 3D World is the best pure platformer since Yoshi's Island and until Tropical Freeze you hiveminded memer
2. That's not Sunshine

Personally, as a owner of wii, ds and 3ds, i have no clue why i didn't buy a wii, probably cause i bought a vita and it was a piece of shit and i was more cautious with wii u after stuff got cancelled and less stuff was announced.

>no Animal Crossing
But there is

It's 480p.

Anyone remember when nintendofags were claiming it was the best console of the last generation?

Nintendo Nina’s got btfo hard

>worst 3D Mario
Look everyone, a retarded nigger

Not that bad, i'm thinking of buying it baka, i would play 480 wii and gamecube games on that gamepad.
Same for sonyfags with ps4 and vitaniggers, mate, people are justifying their purchase on "Yea Forums". Degenerates

It's pretty comfy honestly if you can get one for a good deal. Mod it.
>Wii games like Xenoblade Chronicles support the gamepad officially and many can be modded to
>Gamecube games support the gamepad as well as actual Gamecube controllers with the adapter and any other USB controller with Nintendont
>various emulators and the Virtual Console
>N64 VC games can be modded to take out the dark filter, widescreen patches, 60 fps patches for supported games, etc.

I patched my SM64 with a widescreen/60 fps patch and it's pretty comfy playing it on the gamepad.

It definitely was for at least a year. You had decent games like Bayonetta 2, W101, Mario Kart 8, Fatal Frame, Smash, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Splatoon, MH3U and Rayman Legends coming out around the same time while the other consoles had next to nothing in the same time frame. Shame they pretty much abandoned the console once some of their early heavy hitters came out.

Attached: 1560875285843.png (175x175, 17K)

>metroid
HAH
>Starfox
absolutely and blew the asshole out of all the gay furries on this website.

>They didn't clarify to the public that it was a separate console. Many thought it was an overpriced addon to the Wii.
>They launched the console with gimmicky shit like Nintendo Land instead of a major franchises like Mario or Starfox. Many saw these lame games and didn't see anything that made the Wii U worth buying.
>Because the sales for the console along with the weird control system many 3rd parties didn't have faith in the console so wouldn't support it. Which meant fewer games and less people wanting to buy the console.

Attached: 2uu9g1.jpg (1440x1234, 925K)

naming it the Wii U instead of just rebranding and naming it something entirely different' this is why the switch was so much more popular by comparison

>metroid
I think he's refering to the nintendoland minigame

3D World is better than Odyssey at least.

People got that 3ds was a different console even though there already was dsi before, how did people get that it wasn't actually dsi with some upgrades?

Best way to play Mario Maker. Switch version has some serious compromises to get it working on it's unique form factor.

Wii U was the painful half step into the Switch. I don't regret spending the 300 bucks as I'm not a NEET poorfag and had plenty of fun with the handful of exclusives it got. Plus it was an easy hack for homebrew and piracy and allowed me to continue to play Wii games via HDMI.

>worst Metroid
What game?

>NEET poorfag
Not really a neet poorfag, tho i'm not huge on money either, but how the fuck can you have plenty of time, i bought switch earlier this year and still haven't finished anything (even though many games are not for completion). When i was a student and was having lots of free time, i bought a 3ds in 2016 and finished like very game on 3ds, plus lots of ds and gba stuff. And yet had time to go out with mates and stuff. Fuck, i want to go study again, maybe i should save some money and actually do that.

Also
>compromises
Which are? Resolution is great on both handheld mode and tv, even with 3d world levels, and you can you stylus on handheld.

>the last generation?
And that consists of what, exactly?

I mean it is technically. Not worst though you no taste faggot. Probably acfag.

They showed people in the commercials playing with Wii Remotes and shit and they focused on the gamepad too much, not pointing out the actual console

not that user but the original mario maker had a more intuitive, on switch the UI is larger and more zoomed-in (yes, you can zoom out significantly but only to view the course, you can't properly edit this way besides copy/pasting). Button mapping is also worse in SMM2 for some reason, with move/copy being the same button and them being a toggle instead of hold like they were on wii u. For me, though, what I miss most is being able to show comments on only the gamepad or on only the TV, so I can play a course without seeing comments but still look down and read them anytime without needing to manually open the menu to toggle them on/off. Personally I also find it really uncomfortable creating courses on switch compared to the wii u gamepad, I think mainly because the switch doesn't have a particularly ergonomic shape in handheld mode.

>3d world is the worst mario when sunshine exists
>counting that metroid minigame in nintendo land as a metroid game

Attached: 1539575603550.jpg (638x558, 64K)

You forgot
>best open world game with mechs ever

The Op has shit taste.