Deep Rock Galactic

This was on my wishlist for a while, but I finally got it on steam sale. Anyone play? It actually is quite fun

Attached: drg.jpg (616x353, 66K)

I looked for it but was pretty expensive for my budget, indeed seems fun OP

Yeah thats partly why i waited so long to buy.

19 burgerbucks with steam sale though which is pretty reasonable

Attached: drg meme.png (613x863, 636K)

>point extraction
>swarm mobbing me at the mine head
>toss a cluster grenade at them
>hear a grumbling after the initial explosions
>look up and a see a bunch of stalactites falling down
I'm not sure if they killed any bugs but that was cool as hell.

Attached: 1543889188167.png (1200x1200, 1.32M)

I think that rocks may kill the buggers

Is it at least as good as vermintide?
I'm a bit put off by the artstyle to be honest
Music also seems a bit boring

its a great game, my favorite part is the lighting. tossing a flare into a cavern and watching it cast hundreds of myriad shadows and illuminate the scenery is fucking radical

It depends- there is a gathering and collection aspect to this that isn't in vermintide. I have yet to explore how deep the weapons go but so far I think it is a different enough experience

How does it compare to something like Killing Floor? Or Sanctum? It vaguely reminds me of those games.

Rock and stone, to the bone.

It is a typical four play class coop, but there is more collecting/ gathering in this one. Think minecraft mining and gathering to complete assignments.

It's only similar to KF in that there are enemy waves, but they happen sporadically. It's not a stand around and kill everything non-stop game. You explore, you mine, you shoot stuff, you avoid natural hazards, etc. Every mission has some kind of ultimate goal, and there are ones that are basically "go in and kill a few of these big boss bugs", but theres always more to do than just kill stuff, and killing stuff isn't the point of the game. It's a healthy mix of all sorts of stuff.

Is it compelling in the downtime then?

Yeah, the exploring and mining is pretty good. Every class (theres 4) has a unique way to get around. Scouts have a grapple gun, diggers carve right through everything, engineers have a platform making gun, and gunners have zip lines.

This is one of the few games in existence where you can hop into random games and expect a good time, more often than not. I use to jump into hazard 4 mission frequently and everyone was helpful and had a mic.

>playing scout on P.extraction
>batman gun to my team as they're booking it to the escape pod
>they're getting swarmed so throw an EMP grenade
>apparently everyone else has the same idea
>shits blowing up and stalactites come crashing down
>have to dodge bugs, bombs, and falling rock spikes all the way to the pod
So cool. Basically just needed the Indiana Jones theme playing to complete it.

Yeah, it's pretty good. I'm really enjoying it.

I got Vermintide 2 instead mostly because it was cheaper. Really enjoying that so far.

>me and 3 other stone brothers are rocking the fuck out of the cavern
>All in sync in out objective and role
>1 noobie is falling behind
>Gets stuck, lost, or swarmed
>Dog is filled, time to GTFO
>I'm first to make it to pod and set up escape measures and reinforces pod for departure
>Noob goes does half a klick away from extract
>Two other rock bruvs go to rescue him
>They fall in attempt to save him
>Make split second decision to either extract or save all 3
>Fuck it, go for broke
>Manage to get noob up first, swarms out the ass.
>Use platform gun to seal off choke point hole of gaping arachnids
>Get other two dwarf Bros up
>We all make it out with LITERALLY 2 seconds to spare

This happens a lot and the amount of feels and reward of leaving no other behind is more rewarding then anything they give you. Great game.

not since i modified my gem counts and money via a memory editor and unlocked every item / gear piece.

Attached: tsearch.png (1082x790, 102K)

I love playing the driller. I have done so many clutch saves by drilling a tunnel to dwarf bros who need rescue or to the pod.

>pidgin.exe

Enjoy it before the next DLC patch completely ruins the combat and kills the game.

heard someone else saying this, why do you say that?

also i think i'll be able to manage that. I'll play the game nonstop for like 2 weeks max.

The Vermintide devs are notoriously shit at balancing is why, and the new dlc is coming with a shitload of changes.

They're also very lazy and very stupid. It takes them forever to address and fix serious bugs only for them to be reimplemented again in a later update.
Also all DLC created thus far was a massive disappointment that only added some bad maps and some shitty skins for you to grind for. Winds of Magic looks like it's going to recycle content even more and increase the grind tenfold.
Thank Christ I jumped off that wagon and signed up for Deep rock Galactic. Based on their update history and roadmap, Ghost Ship seems to be a lot more competent than Fatshark.

Not seems. Are.

>Running between pillars in the dark during a swarm in the fungal bogs
Is this what nam was like?

Attached: 84156A53-3793-4ACB-8B6D-9631EBFA4513.png (573x477, 93K)

>Based on their update history and roadmap, Ghost Ship seems to be a lot more competent than Fatshark
sounds good, but I'll probably wait til the game's a bit more finished

I think I'd take back Overkill at this point

Deep Rock is a cool ass game, I'm hoping that more people will get into it once there's a somewhat solidified endgame. Currently from what the roadmap's been, that'll be August or September.

That's nice. I've stopped playing since I prestiged Scout and unlocked all the guns. 80 hours for a game a got for $20 isn't bad at all.
Can't wait for more content.

Unlocked all the guns for Scout or just in general? Because from what I understand there's going to be special modifications from the endgame content that I'm assuming do special shit. They haven't specified anything but I'd assume it'll be something like Diablo 3's set bonuses where you get an extra effect on a feature of the gun.

All the guns for all the classes.

Basically the Fatshark is fucking up multiple ways in the next DLC, and this is not even getting into how shit the actual DLC content is.
1. They wanted to make shields useful so they made it so that enemies that are staggered (i.e. bashed with shield etc) take more damage. This would have been fine but they then buffed enemy HP by ridiculous amounts to compensate, so now even the basic enemies feel like damage sponges.
2. They nerfed the dodge to feel like shit by giving it delay etc.
3. They nerfed most of the current meta weapons to be total shit
4. They nerfed some of the talents to a point where it basically ruins the whole class (Slayer especially got fucked hard).
5. The new beast man enemies are just shit.
6. They finally fixed their shitty rng crafting system and made a new one, and then made the new one only work for the DLC content.

If I play this can I just focus on digging and getting ores?

If you play with friends who focus on killing the enemies.

Digging and resource collecting is the primary objective of the game but combat is inevitable.