Should I get pic related?

Should I get pic related?
If so,what makes it so good?

Attached: p5.jpg (600x800, 83K)

play 3 and 4 first, you'll thank me later

The UI and music alone make it worth playing. Also it has a few Pokemon-like mechanics when it comes to battles and such

What makes 3 and 4 worth playing before 5? Is it like a story thing?

Wait for P5R.

I like the flashy art style and presentation. Really gets my chuuni heart tickled. I would wait for Royal to come out.
Also, do what says.
To me, it is a system thing. P5 streamlined many things, which makes earlier entries a bit harder to get into.

easier to play the older ones first cause you won't miss the QoL features from the newer games. 3 is also said to have the best story but that's personal preference

you have a better appreciative for the gameplay improvements if you play those first, if you play 5 and enjoy it then try to go back and play the older game's you'll have a hard time

It's like 100 hours and about a third of it is spent on a story that goes to shit after the first dungeon, and has really shitty bosses (aside from one). P5R will hopefully fix some of the shitty story and make the last several hours not completely retarded.

This

Just wait for the rerelease lmao

Anne!

>you won't miss the QoL features from the newer games
The what now?
user I only have a PS3.
>if you play 5 and enjoy it then try to go back and play the older game's you'll have a hard time
Is it like, impossible to get into 3/4 after 5?

I'm not a big JRPG guy, but I have heard great things about P5, and I'd like it to get into the series and genre (And to get some dust off my PS3.) But my indecisive ass isn't too sure about it, will I just have an all around good time with it?

quality of life, user, christ.

Persona 5 appeals mainly to casuals while being just deep enough to make them think it's mechanically interesting compared to other JRPGs. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I don't mind picking up casual games to have an easy time when I just want to relax for a few hours. But absolutely do not go into it expecting a challenge. It is Atlus' designated casual series for people who think the main SMT games are too hard. And that's without mentioning the fact that the actual gameplay is barely a third of the game with the rest being either watching cutscenes or doing the life simulator parts. If you like that, great. If you want a challenging dungeon crawler, don't bother, because it's not meant to be one and never will be.

>UI makes a game worth playing
Are you fucking retarded?

it's waifushit
if you like that you will like this, if you want something actually good then you won't find it here

I'm playing it right now for the first time.

This review is pretty accurate. I will say though, i accidentally fused away some personas so i have gaps in my elemental coverage, and im actually having some problems in the bank dungeon.

Just resummon some or just renegotiate and keep fusing. Honestly the game was easy enough that I went through the entire way on hard just by negotiating without worrying about fusing until I decided to 100% everything.

You can buyback any persona you have captured.

Playing 5 first made me go back to play 3 and 4. I'd recommend it if you have no problems playing older games

Alright dope, P5 it is. Thanks user.

>Is it like, impossible to get into 3/4 after 5?
P5 is the game that copies SMT's gameplay formula the most, so it's the most fun of the Persona games. It also adds a lot of shit that makes it piss easy for the casuals, like extremely easy ambushing, and ridiculous social link bonuses. Persona 3 gets significantly better story-wise towards the last dozen or so hours but has some very boring parts towards the middle. I imagine more than a few people have dropped P3 from boredom.

Difficulty in P5 is completely fucked, it's either stupidly easy or if you go to the highest difficulty it's either you one shot the enemy or they will one shot you.

OP, at this point just wait for P5R if you wanna play it

No problem. I've always wanted to get into Persona since 4 but 5 really helped me break that ice. 5 made me go on a Persona binge afterwards.

Yes, certainly.
P5 is perhaps the best JRPG of the decade.

The whole game is stylish as fuck. Visually and audio-wise, it's a total banger, which makes it a blast to play. The combat's chill and tactically turn-based, where as outside of the dungeons you got tons of things to do that help your journey. All the girls are cute as hell, so you'll be sure to find your favorite.
The story is actually pretty damn interesting, and the game handles some fascinating themes about the darker sides of modern civilization.

No, you do not *need* to play P3-4 first, nor wait for P5R.

Attached: P5 menu design.webm (1280x720, 2.67M)

>P5 is perhaps the best JRPG of the decade.
Note: this is a depressingly low bar to hurdle

God damn, I always heard the UI was good. But not this good, Jesus Christ. Definitely picking it up soon.

Attached: OOOH.jpg (700x438, 39K)

I'm honestly convinced that at least 75% of the marketing for P5 in the west consisted of people making memes from the battle UI and normal battle theme, and it worked.

Attached: anbGY20_700b[1].jpg (700x474, 85K)

Why would you say that?
This decade has spawned a number of great JRPGs. P5 simply belongs to the very cream on the top. Quite many people are already used to lengthy development times to equal a catastrophe, but in this case, the time was clearly well spent.

The visual design of this game was certainly unique and stylish. Whole game's a banger.

Attached: 1423184165583.webm (1280x720, 1.3M)