Why hasn’t any other Final Fantasy been as good?

Why hasn’t any other Final Fantasy been as good?

Attached: 54D4706A-67A3-42CA-ACA0-036F4889867B.jpg (640x612, 74K)

That was literally the last game before Square jumped off the deep end and started messing up with every established convention with no care, and it was a goodbye letter to classic FF all the way through.

It’s better than every game before it too though so....

That special combination pandering nostalgia-bait world design and recycled plot deviced from IV and VII must have been a one-time deal.

this is the comfiest game in existence for me

4, 6, 7, 8, 10, and Tactics were all better than 9.

But X surpassed it with ease like a year later.

Why do you fags like this game again? After FF VII and VIII extremely fun and deep combat systems, IX feels extremely simplistic and generic. Not to mention the shitty character designs and lower quality soundtrack. The story is good, but that's about it, everything else is trash.

8 and 2 are the only bad titles from the old days

>8
>bad
How wrong you are. I'll agree about 2 though.

How can one man be so fucking wrong.

10 comes close though.

Rat

Attached: 1447141624484.jpg (225x267, 37K)

Kys

8 has a flawed leveling system that could rival oblivion with how obtuse and anti player it is. couple that with the plot nose diving after disc one and it is torturous.

VII, VIII and IX have about the same combat system, what you're thinking about is character growth system, and while that's right and IX has the simplest of the lot, that doesn't necessarily bother me too much, especially considering I never really had much love for the Materia system and I absolutely hate VIII's character building and balance.
>lower quality soundtrack
user, no

When will you fags realize Final Fantasy does not have interesting gameplay in general

>The last game Hironobu Sakaguchi had major control over, represented what he felt were all the best elements of the FF series so far
>The only FF game made entirely at Square Enix Hawaiian branch (this is why you can find hawaiian clothes in-game)
>Everyone in extremely high spirits
>Not originally made to be a mainline title (was called FF Gaiden), less lofty expectations until it began to expand significantly and became mainline
>Most of the autists (like Nomura) in the company were otherwise focused on FFX and did not meddle or interfere in development
>Excellent localization, probably the best localization an FF game has ever gotten aside from Tactics
>PS1 hardware was able to be pushed to its absolute limits as the devs now had mastery over the tech
>Nobuo Uematsu at the peak of his career, made so much music for IX that they had to release a second OST just for songs they couldn't use, said he would likely never work himself that hard again
>characters and enemies are not obnoxiously over-designed like modern FF, keeps things simple where appropriate
>solid cast, good core narrative arc, lets the horrors of war speak for themselves instead of shoving anti-war crap down your throat the whole time
>full of secrets from beginning to end, every playthrough you will find something new

Attached: 1502335252852.jpg (500x704, 217K)

The setting is full of charm and oozes atmosphere. The scene in the very beginning when you barge on stage, interrupting the performance, and Garnet goes with the flow and improvises (extremely well) made me instantly fall in love with the characters. The chemistry between all of them is very well done.

>Pacing of this game is VEEEERY slow.
Gameplay wise is pretty mediocre. but simple so its easy to play.
>Stealing is pure RNG
>adquiring skills doesnt depend on character progression but rather item progression
>Combat is super slow.
>Trance is broken as shit and easily exploitable.
>Garnet is just terrible and no reason to have her over Eiko.
>Amarant is useless
>Zidane is pretty much useless outside of trance.
>Quina´s kit depend purely on the slog that is weakening certain enemies and eating them, pretty much useless because nobody gets the good skills or even levels her/him/it up.
>Beatrix unplayable
>Some characters arent as fleshed out as others or become forgotten very quickly.

Look user, I love FF9 but X is simply fucking superior (its only real flaw is the character design and the world, which is pretty retarded and everything looks like a Mall.

>probably the best localization an FF game has ever gotten aside from Tactics
XII's localization is extremely high quality though, may be the best out of any JRPG ever.

This user made me realize Final Fantasy does not have interesting gameplay in general.

Yeah I guess I should have said "Ivalice games" in general, Tactics and XII are both very good.

That's a mighty shitty opinion you have there.

Final Fantasy X was better though

FF1 best FF

Shut up tranny

Came here to post this. Fuck contrarians, IX is SHIT.

Pretty much this
>pivotal plot points are you are a fucking doll and so is the party
>outerspace death randomly the final boss
>hardest boss is a fucking tie dye snow globe
>half of the party is retarded blue monsters

hard pass

Because it was the last real Final Fantasy game they ever made and they put 100% into it.

VII
>different types of materia such magic, summons, extra commands and effects, you can combine them to obtain unexpected effects, materia also levels up, After the materia levels up enough, it can become master materia, that also have extra effects, and can be combined for even more unexpected effects! Each weapon has a different amount of materia slots which can either be linked or not, you can have a weapon with lots of materia slots but they might not be linked, so that the effects of the materia will not combine, some weapons might have fewer slot but they might be linked, some weapons might be really strong but have no slots at all, make the right choice!

VIII
>you can link magic to different stats, there's different types of links, some of them give you stat increase and some of them can give you additional effects, some magics are way stronger when attached to certain stats. The magic is drew from enemies, so you need to choose if you want to use it against enemies, thus decreasing the strength of your links, elemental or status effects. Summons now are an essential mechanic, they allow you to unlock commands when they level up, and they will learn new moves. Depending on the summon you have equipped, certain stats will be unlocked for you to link them with magic, once the summon levels up enough you can link magic to add elemental attacks or increase elemental defense, also add status to your attacks, or increase defense to certain status.

IX
>derp equip weapon, attack, learn new ability, equip new weapon, attack, learn new ability, rinse and repeat!

You genuinely have to be a low IQ nigger to enjoy IX.

Kys

Fine argument
FF Pinocchio sucks balls
Even when I was 9 I was highly offended I sunk so much time into a completely shit endgame plot

Alternatively, you're not some insecure faggot who only play complex, deep games for complex, deep gamers such as myself.
Look, bobody is going to defend IX as having the most complicated growth system in the universe, it's essentially IV's system with a couple extra bells and whistles. But I'm telling user that my enjoyment of the game comes from reasons that make up for that deficiency, and even then, that fairly shallow system is far, far better in my opinion than VIII's "junction something good to your attack stat and have everybody just attack everything through the entire game with no distinct class archetypes between characters because the use of magic is am objective downgrade in power", because you still have different characters that feel different to use in battle compared to each other.

>slow as fuck
>muh chibi
>muh rat people genocide tear jerker
>muh loli abandoned tear jerker
>muh dickhead alien protagonist
>muh grinding to learn abilities from shit equipment
kys

Based on that shit, the order stays the same
VII>IX>VIII

Attached: 1st place.gif (320x232, 1.43M)

Say no more.

Attached: WoFF_Enna_Kros_SS2.png (939x528, 319K)

>Fuck contrarians
Yeah, fuck YOU, retard.