Persona

Persona started with 3

Attached: persona.jpg (1080x1225, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Everyone agrees with this except the few P1/2 fags here.

Castlevania started with SotN.

It's a different game to be sure but I've been playing Innocent Sin recently and it's good

There are two Persona trilogies with separate audiences. The second trilogy is more popular but Persona started with SMT If

Persona started with 5

Metal Gear started with Solid

Absolutely true

are the first or second persona games even worth playing

That Persona spin-off game?

Yes.

P1P and P1FES is good in their own way, but when it comes to 2, there is no doubt that P2 Golden for the Vita is the best version of Persona.

Dumb fucks that try to cope with the fact that no one gives a fuck about 3 and 4 is always good to see

Attached: 1554133894803.png (631x710, 1003K)

@469583224
die

4 isn't even out yet retard

This.

Attached: lol.gif (500x400, 95K)

If you like older dungeon crawling RPGs then they're worth a play.

Kill yourself

So uh why? Never played any of them and P5 is on my backlog

I really like watching them all play with each other, I wish they'd make a 4 koma manga about the cast members from all walks of Persona 3 through 5 an their spin offs

Why what?

All the games are solid though.

Except Persona 6 will continue on from 3-5.

It's not a trilogy, it's a Morrowind situation where a sequel that changed a lot about the franchise is the thing that took off and became the defacto first game.

why do the stories of 1 and 2 have to be locked behind such shit games

Pretty much. The first two (three) Persona games were just MegaTen sidegames made in that weird late 90s/early 00s period where Atlus was figuring out how to advance the franchise. It wasn't until 3 that Persona started being its own thing instead of yet another "2 and out" side series like Devil Summoner/Raidou/DDS/Devil Survivor/ad nauseum.

By the time Persona 6 happens wouldn't the casts from 3 and 4 be too old to use anymore? I mean they always dangle them in when they wanna make extra money, it'd e at least 2026 by the time that game roles around maybe even later than that so that would mean in game the story would be set in 2023 since Persona 5s time is 2016 to 2017

Persona 1 is literally the only good game in the series, zoomers are completely retarded

SEES are all basically adults in P4A anyways.

If they do crossovers like another Persona Q, it'll just be another time warp thing like usual. If the earlier Persona characters actually show up in 6, they'll play more adult roles.

Except Tanaka, he'll be the same age forever because he's actually The Devil.

The only time the properly aged Persona characters have met is in the Arena games. Persona Q always has time travel hijinks that link up all the cast as high school students.

Started before then

Attached: Travis-Kun & Wallace-Kun.png (1175x718, 361K)

The first two games were great. Confirmed shit taste. They held up on their own but Atlus knew they could get away with lazier sequels if they pandered to weeb faggots interest in dating sims.

>All the games are solid though.
>P1
>solid
It's "okay" at best.

Innocent Sin at least probably has better writing than at least one of the games that came after it.

Found the one P1/2 fag

Innocent Sin is the only Persona game with above average writing.

This. P1/P2 were too good of stories to be locked down by Persona garbage of today.

Why do people consider P1 and P2 not Persona games? Or not worth playing

Persona started at 5, nobody gives a fuck about your busted old games that sold like shit

It’s P3/4fags who push the meme that persona started at 3. Truth be told the only games worth playing are 1, 2, and 5.

Sure Persona 1 and 2 aren’t canon anymore, but SMT players got the true end of the stick. Persona has gotten so good it rendered Shit Megami Tenshei useless. Last game sold like shit, Switch game got canceled, no one gives a fuck about the series anymore. If you go in one of the few SMT threads you see every blue moon, it’s just people seething about Persona. Rightfully so, Persona 5 made it obselete. SMT series is now just Persona.

Attached: 692DE5A2-69C3-46FC-BFC2-3111385F8E4F.jpg (2000x1333, 452K)

At no point did I make a statement of quality, I just pointed out that the design intent between 1 and 2 is closer to something like DDS or the first two Devil Summoners (make a MegaTen spinoff) than it is to the later three Personas.

They're worth playing, just old. The reason why they're typically separated is because they're a lot different from the later three, that's all. It's like separating the first two Devil Summoners and the two Raidou games, even though the latter two still have the Devil Summoner name.

>that took off
Persona 1 has sold better than both 3 and 4.

except that MGS references MG2:SS a lot, even has recaps in Extras

there's the mobile game...

No it doesn’t?

>Switch game got canceled

Why do people post shit like this? I don't resent Persona for being successful even though I prefer Mainline.

Attached: 1545866034306[1].jpg (418x482, 52K)

>Sure Persona 1 and 2 aren’t canon anymore
They are so long as Igor exists, him and Philemon

stop responding to his bait

Based

I was bringing up the mobile game ironically because its not that good but its still updated regularly

>Persona 1 has sold better than both 3 and 4.

Attached: 1541784228924.png (2560x1440, 2.71M)

>Yu makes a cameo as an old man in Persona 12

He's correct if he doesn't include rereleases. P3P and 4G pushed the combined totals of 3 and 4 respectively over P1, and P1P sold like dirt do it didn't do anything to counteract this. P5 was the first base game to actually sell better than 1.

The truth is surprising , isnt it ?

Also Fallout and TES
But here's the mystery, did The Legend of Heroes start with III(Gagharv) or VI(Kiseki)?

>The Legend of Heroes
What's that?

>implying the unit sales of the original releases change all the rest of the shit P3-5 has made money with

The waifu games shift merch, rereleases, spinoffs, multimedia adaptations, and all kinds of shit "SMT but taking place in a school, sometimes" wouldn't be able to. If more Mainline SMT stuff sold well, we wouldn't be having this thread.

none of those things were ever made for any Megami Tensei property besides Persona. I think the original novels got an adaptation and SMT has gotten a few things but Persona was what they decided to whore out of all the Megami Tensei brands.

>smash newfag doesn't know about Persona 1 sales

Nope , you obviously dont know what you are talking about

Because it's a waifushit series, which makes it more marketable to people in Autism Land (Japan) and people who wish they were in Autism Land (Weebs).

Make that two.

Attached: 1 (1).png (358x363, 35K)

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x1024, 120K)

Attached: 1.png (560x560, 6K)

Attached: 1200px-Italia_1.svg.png (1200x1200, 36K)

Attached: number-1-temporary-tattoo_5035.jpg (350x350, 5K)

Attached: U-PNDW-1-2.jpg (380x450, 6K)

retard opinion desu

Attached: download.jpg (238x212, 5K)

Stop spamming Nanjo

Attached: images.png (225x225, 1K)

IS/EP are trash and deserved their pitiful sales

Attached: 1443460051694.png (520x600, 290K)

Attached: download (3).jpg (883x330, 28K)

2 billion hours in MS paint.

Attached: Bundesautobahn_1_number.svg.png (1200x720, 15K)

imagine being this wrong

>playing Persona4 after seeing all these threads and because the girls looked cute
>meet a Fox at the shrine
>it hands me a card with a wish upon it from someone wanting their grandpa to get better
>In an incredible coincidence that very same grandpa arrives at the shrine that exact same moment complaining about his poor legs not allowing him to keep the shrine clean
>Ah clearly I will help this old man around the shrine, alleviating the pressure and work-load off him and giving him time to rest his legs thus fulfilling the wish through upstanding social care
>nope this random magic leaf fixes his leg
The parts with the shadows are good (outside that stupid bear) but other times the writing is so contrived it makes me groan. Occasionally it's even childish.

>when chaoscucks think they can have an opinion

>p3+
>vn with time management gimmick with some tacked-on combat that you can ignore most of the time
>p1-2
>videogame

Play Persona 5 once you finish it, you'll like it better.

It does seem to have better girls.

The girls are miles better. P4 is known for having some of the least good girls in the series.

anyone else thinks Fuhrer looks a little like Hitler?

that's ridiculous

Chie is decent, occasionally good but also occasionally annoying. Yukiko has shown 0 personality thus far honestly she speaks rather little in the first place she and Chie also weirdly give off major romance vibes to eachother
From what I've seen in these threads there's also that mega-slut who I'm guessing brings the quality down on her own.

Animal Crossing started with New Leaf

Having just finished P4, myself, Rise really isn't bad, once you actually know her. She's not really a slut, she just really likes the main character and doesn't bullshit around saying so.
Yukiko doesn't add much, but in the end she's your best party member.

You're thinking of P3, which only has one good girl (Mommy Mitsuru).

Mario started with 64

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes

I can’t afford to spend the kind of money waifu fags do
It’s like 400$ utility bills 200$ food
2,020.58 a month on their waifu and collectibles then think
“I think I could shave 50$ off my food bill”

Final Fantasy starts with 7

Team Fortress starts with Overwatch

>P3+
Dungeon crawler with vn elements

>P2:IS
Slow dungeon crawler

>P1PSP
Ok dungeon crawler with useless grid system.

I finished every dungeon in 3 before I quit the game in one night despite my party AI really doing its best to fail miserably.

3 only has one dungeon, fucko.

"fucko"? How old are you,gramps? That's some mallrats shit right there.

I mean... They definetly show their age

quality bait

You need to learn how to respect your elders.

this narrative is just pushed by p3babbies who don't want to admit that their game is the worst in the series.

Attached: tumblr_pg57glOdAM1rpsmato2_400.jpg (400x298, 42K)

Elder Scrolls started with Oblivion

I have 700+ hours in Persona 1 and it's my favorite Persona game. I've played only 1, 4 and 5 though.

Woolie? The fuck're you doing here?

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Feeding Fuuka.gif (600x420, 584K)

Maybe if fatlus would quit releasing mainline games on Nintendo only systems then it would be doing better but they are fucking retarded

But the best selling SMT game was on a Nintendo system.

>Persona started with 3

same with Fallout and Far Cry. Final Fantasy with 7.

Persona 1 is definitely trash but 2 wasn't that bad.

You got that backwards

who?

The sad part is, the core story is in the first two games. It's only ever hinted with the other games, like who or what Igor is, why there's mental worlds, motherfucking butterflies.

Attached: 1276715378464.jpg (312x266, 7K)

If 1 and 2 is not cannon anymore, then why the fuck do they even have Igor anymore? The reality of it is, the mystique regarding who the are, and what's the true purpose is an enigma--it draws people in, and get into the whole lore behind the world.

I respect the firs two games, but holy shit this series is old as fuck. It's hard to go backwards. It's like trying to play the first Devil May Cry after playing 5.

I like this meme

Persona 1 is my favorite game

Persona 4 and 5 isn't released yet brainlet

Persona 1 contrarianism is the worst contrarianism. It's not that it aged badly, the game was shit even when it was brand new.

I want to absolutely rail Makoto and Kawakami

The Persona 2 duology will never be topped, especially with how fatlus knows they can just pump out the laziest shit and get away with it.
Some of the events in those games are absolute kino.

Actually Persona started with SMT If...

Attached: 20517_front.jpg (640x655, 51K)

You arent missing anything worthwhile pal
Will you play P5R when it comes out?

Metal Gear started with V. It was the one with the best gameplay.

>No other persona game featured another dancing token black kid as a party member since 1.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Is persona 5 royal gonna at least fix the pacing, story, and the bland characters?

Of course not. That's the main appeal.