Why is Nintendo retarded at future-proofing?

Why is Nintendo retarded at future-proofing?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

sucks the new 2ds xl wasn't the original launch device. fuck the 3d and just give at least 480p handheld graphics.

Nintendo offices are so insular and tone-deaf that any normal company would go "Hey if [x] is doing this, we should do [y]". But in Nintendo world, it's "What's an [x]? We don't use [x], why should we do [y]?".

This. The original 3ds model was pretty terrible. It felt incredibly cheap and the issue of the bottom screen scratching the top screen pretty much shows they rushed it and didn't do proper quality control. The new 3ds/new 2ds XL are what it should have been at launch. The 240p apparently for backwards compatibility with the original DS, but I agree they should have found a way to make it better.

It feels like there are some pros that come with those cons of a design mentality, because while it means they utilize new technology at a very slow pace they also still feel like games should be games on a cartridge or a disk and still sell single player games that can be enjoyed to completion without ever connecting to the internet. This is something that can't be said for most other modern games and I like that they keep that alive.

you make a good point. but not being able to backup my switch saves without a sub is inexcusable. its possible that people's "portable" console will be lost, as well as your saves

Attached: 1512879837646.gif (255x255, 330K)

Why Nintendo so bad at making a controller that isn't retarded?
>N64
>Gamecube
>Wii
>3DS
>WiiU
>Switch
All of these have something seriously wrong with them, from being painful to hold (3DS and Switch), having retarded layouts (N64 and Gamecube), or having retarded gimmick that actually makes playing video games more difficult (Wii and WiiU)

>playing switch in portable mode
lmao just buy a pro controller and play it like a regular console, portable mode is a gimmick and you know it

>Gamecube has a retarded layout
>Switch pro controller hurts
>wii and wii u controller make games hard
What the fuck are you talking about

Attached: 1547518355802.jpg (885x960, 91K)

Bought one of these things to play Snake Eater 3D.

It was utter shit, but it worked.

I wasn't talking about the pro controller, thought even that is remarkable worse than both the PS and Xbox controller.

and yes Wii and WiiU gimmicks make games harder to play. Having two screens on a home console is probably the most retarded idea that made into production in the whole industry. Only on a Nintendo console could an abortion like Star Fox Zero be shit out.

>reggie steps down
>install a gay goy

Attached: 1562057136665.png (600x450, 479K)

>this whole point
Must feel bad to be a 7'2" 700 pound faggot
thats the only way wii games could be seen as hard and the switch controller to be worse then ps4 and xbox controller

Attached: 1446317247825.jpg (800x800, 669K)

because nintendo is the ONLY company that can make shit like this and people WILL buy it AND they will buy the XL that has that feature of another nub built in that replicates it but you never really use it.

anyone else and it would have crashed and burned. so yes, nintendo DOES stupid ideas that JES WERK

or..................

your not online, ever.......................
kinda........dumb. cloud saves only work online and if you can't go online ever, lets say, you can't back your shit up?

fuck, even the 3DS could save to the damn sd card.

the pro controller is fucking the SAME LAYOUT as the damn "perfect" xbox series of controllers.

idiot.

this, I know people who buy expensive indies on the switch just to justify owning a switch
god forbid you don't like the same first party games over and over again too
check the price of terraria on the switch's eshop

If you travel a lot or are out a lot it's actually nice. I have to travel around the world, sometimes to very rural mines in south America and Africa for work. It's very, very nice then.

>game predicts the future

Attached: dsi.png (368x584, 319K)

One of the worst things about Wii/WiiU is convenience related. For example with the Wii, despite the console allowing analog stick menu control with the pro controller, it wo0n't let you use a GC controller to conmtrol the menu. So even if you're playing GC games oir those that don't require motion, you still need AA's in that shitty lil wiimote.

I didnt mind the second screen gimmick of the WiiU, however the console FORCES you to have it connected before you launch any game or application, even if the game can use the GC controller or Pro Controller.

It's disgusting. You should always be allowed to launch a program without the gimmick controller.

This is also the reason I hacked my Wii in the first place. I wanted to be able to bypass the menu so I could launch games without the wiimote. Now my console has a SNES to GC controller adapter and I just launch right into Homebrew.

If Nintendo can't make their products cater to me, then the hackers will. It's their loss. It's like the awful translations of the 3D FE games - I hacked that shit so I could play a non retarded translation. Cater to me or I won't buy.

Not my fault Nintendo likes to pretend any game that gets ported to their console never existed before.