ITT games with horseshit controls

Attached: the-thing.png (1280x960, 1.32M)

The challenge wasn't in the game itself, but in handicapping the player with dogshit controls? That is how I feel about The Thing.

Attached: 220px-Mgs3box.jpg (220x310, 37K)

Man, I remember that. I was really excited for that game, too.

Shadow of the Colossus. I remember being so excited trying it for the first time in like 2009 after so many years of people gushing about it. Then I played it and it controlled like dogshit. I quit the game after beating the 3rd colossus.

The underwater controls paired with a system that's a literal brick that'll give you carpal tunnel is fucking awful

Attached: Box_Art-MH3U_N3DS_NA.jpg (1500x1334, 473K)

Pretty much every game made since the mid-90s.

The thing is literally an unfinished game. Lots of wasted potential. Wish someone would remake it because its the kind of thing that actually would benefit from it.

i thought underwater combat was fun with a bowgun they should have tried to include it in other games but make it less painful for other weapons

im left handed

Attached: 61TsXjgIkwL.jpg (500x447, 73K)

System shock 2. I love the game but the controls aged like Kelly mcgillis

fuck planes

Attached: JC3_M21_Jet_A.png (1366x768, 1.16M)

Attached: 4eb4f91b-0115-4a4c-a8c6-35ddd510d09a.jpg (1262x1700, 774K)

Quite possibly the worst controls ever conceived. Could've been a good game without sixaxis™

Attached: 220px-Lair_front.jpg (220x255, 18K)

holy shit zoomers should be killed

It would have potential if it was made in mind for literally any other system (even then it didn't feel great on the Wii U but it was still made for the 3DS), but even then what game has good underwater controls? There's a reason P3rd is a cult hit amongst fans rather than 3U. MH's slow and purposefully clunky gameplay especially doesn't work well in a 3D plane, and it becomes downright painful on most weapons.

I played and beat it in 03 or 04 I believe. Just picked it up again tonight and I fucking quit after an hour because the controls are just so bad. Shame because I love the film (the 2011 prequel isn't too bad either).

It's unplayable

Attached: 51oR2K7sgDL._SX466_.jpg (466x322, 31K)

this shit is worst then 06, the only reason people tolerated it was because everyone thought the reason sonic sucked was because of the extra characters.

who let you play nintendo 64 little zoomzoom?

meant to post this. People were desperate to think sonic wasn't bad so they deluded themselves to think this wasn't shit

Attached: Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings_coverart.png (220x309, 159K)

I was already playing quake on PC when this came out
Needless to say it was a thousand times better
You millenial little bitch

>comparing a PC game to a nintendo 64 game
Wow you are really just faking it aren't you?

Every title from this series controls like garbo

Attached: 4d57c71ab426e057d5620691a1c860068603efd7.jpg (616x353, 43K)

Do games with bad controls and/or cameras still get made? Or has 3D movement and camera control been pretty much solved at this point?

What was the most recent game you played with actually unusably bad controls?

It's still an issue with handheld games. For example, I couldn't bother playing Samus Returns on 3DS, despite being a big metroid fan, because of the terrible controls. I absolutely hate it when games force me to use an analogue stick (or circle nub thing, even worse) for 2D platformers.

MHW. If you go with lock on it's always some awkward weird angle. If you don't go with lock on, you have to constantly adjust the camera mid fight. Even more so if you're running insect glaive. I love MH in general, but camera controls have always been meh especially in tri with the underwater hunts