First Assassins Creed game was 3

>first Assassins Creed game was 3
>really liked the woods and US revolution battles
>actually enjoyed the homestead quests
>played Liberation in the Americas Collection
>thought it was fun with the swamps and cajuns
>remastered version comes out for both
>people say it looks like shit because it does compared to the the initial releases, or even the Americas Collection port of Liberation
>wanted to play AC3 with portability anyway because it'd be fun to do frontier sidequests actually in the woods
>Switch port it even more shit than it already was on PS4 and Xbox with awful lighting and framerates

Fucking hell. Also Assassins Creed thread.

Attached: asscred3.jpg (450x737, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/assassins-creed-rogue-texture-pack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you posted this like a week ago
were you not satisfied with the last thread?

Might as well just buy Gods and Monsters on Switch since its supposed to be similar to Ass Creed.

I'm about to replay 3-4-Rogue before I move on to Unity for the first time. Is Syndicate worth getting while it's on sale? I'm completely uninterested in Origins or Odyssey's wannabe RPG shit.

>buy AC: Rouge
>get the proper version of AC3 with added AC4 flavorings
Never play 3.

I think Rogue is the best AC overall. I'm sad the "HD" version didn't come out for PC, since the normal game has a problem with pop-in. I wonder if there's some ini tweaks or something like that to fix it.

>were you not satisfied with the last thread?
>last thread archived after 4 posts
You tell me

Could be there's all kinds of tweaks for previous AC titles so Rogue probably has a few, although the pop-in dosn't bother me so I haven't checked. Personally it's a tie between 2 and 4 for me as best having recently been playing through the whole series 2 is way better than I remembered and 4 is an excellent pirate game with some great characters. Rogue is bloody excellent as well though.

>switch
what were you honestly expecting?

The setting and characters of 2 really shine through. I only wish that Brotherhood and Revelations would have been expansions for 2 instead of standalone games so we could have all the features packed into one game.

Bomb crafting from Revelations is my favorite feature that never came back.

What? You don't like Patel's work? Bigot!

>lots of asscreed fags sucking ed kenways dick in a circle jerk
>ed kenway is actually kinda meh compared to ezio
>people probably just suck his dick anyways because every other MC apart from ezio has the charisma of a rock

I wish there could be a mod that turned everyone into clowns in these games

>Best boy
>Best outfits
>Best ship

Why is Rogue so good?

Attached: 311560_20180117203451_1.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

Cause most people here come from /pol/ and we all know /pol/ is ruled by templars

shay is pretty dumb tho, probably the dumbest of all MCs

Which board would be the Assassins?

How is he dumb? And it's literally impossible to be dumber than Conner.

This makes him the most relatable for us

Yea Forums obviously

Been going through ps4 plat runs starting with 2. Up to Rogue and holy fuck is this so much better than 3. Fuck Black Flags multiplayer cheevos along with mission 6 of Freedom Cry and fuck everything about AC3. I mean liberation remaster was better than 3.

Nah man don't get my enjoyment for 4 mixed up, Kenway is actually a total shit for 85% of the game it's the characters around him that make it great outside of the obvious stuff like sailing.

Never really liked the bomb thing myself but it should have been available anyway for those who did. Honestly Revelations is the weakest in my opinion that absolutely wasted and old man Ezio angle and that sweet ass costume of his.

Attached: acr-ezio.jpg (830x1280, 181K)

he got manipulated by both parties, connor at least just fell for one

>because it'd be fun to do frontier sidequests actually in the woods

No it wouldn't you tourist camper. get the fuck off my mountain you flatlander.

>liberation over 3

lmao

The problem is playing 3/4th of the game as the indian guy. the first half playing the confused templar was fantastic, then he just becomes generic villain i have to kill? Come the fuck on.

I have 7 acres of woods for a back yard.

No, you don't.

>nothing is true, everything is permitted
Decent pick but I think r9k fits the bill better

Yeah, Swagdaddy Haytham blew Conner out of the fucking water. What a cocktease.

That was one of the biggest complaints of 3 as Haytham was a far more enjoyable character than his son who was a plank of wood.

It seemed like we were missing massive character defining moments in 3 but maybe I just played the side missions weirdly

I was just thinking about the trannies tho

hidden blades everywhere

you're a fag for missing the whole ass 2 trilogy

your thread is shit tho, archived in 3...2..

Persona system was a neat change

I was sad that Rogue still went with previous Assassin hero outfits instead of unlocking famous Templar outfits like Haytham's.

Attached: 311560_20180118031658_1.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

There's a mod for that

putting assassins outfits in the first place was an odd move, since shay becomes a templar pretty quick

Got a link?

Speaking of outfit mods, are there any mods that fix some outfits not having pistol holsters? I hate having them floating there.

are there mods to make everyone a clown? with clown noises and the like

I don't mind it, but it would have been nice to have some of the other side. Arno's outfit works pretty well on Shay.

moddb.com/mods/assassins-creed-rogue-texture-pack
It also adds outfits. As for your other issue I don't think there's anything, modding for AC is slim at best as is.

Thanks m8.

>modding for AC is slim at best as is.
Yeah, it's too bad. Oh well, it's a minor issue, but I have autism for the tiniest details. Like those pistols that never load correctly and using them always gives you mismatched pistols instead of a proper pair.

reddit : the thread

>Like those pistols that never load correctly and using them always gives you mismatched pistols instead of a proper pair.
I share this autism. I keep selecting different ones, going back, but those Scottish Flintlocks just don't want to be a pair.

i just finished the game and never noticed that shit, wtf

>that sweet ass costume of his
Ruined by the ugly ass armor, imo. Just way too bulky.

>Ruined by the ugly ass armor
-accrued over the game I mean. By end game he may as well be wearing a full suit of armor.

Can't believe they've had this same glitch since 3.

Revelations is one of the only games where you can actually fully remove all armor and weapons from the character. God damn I wish I could do that in all of these games. They enver fail to add at least one thing that ruins otherwise 10/10 outfit design.

are you girls?

Why? Wanna buy some bath water?

You could be a girl for me bby

Be glad, it can be surprisingly irritating for people who want uniformity.

That's what I'm talking about I purposely didn't upgrade in my most recent playthrough just so I can keep his base look. They really should have included it as a skin that can be used on top of everything because the armour and the skins in that game were so fucking ugly.

Nothing wrong with caring about aesthetics lad.

Attached: acr-ezio-auditore.jpg (750x1360, 134K)

Anyone else really dislike how they turned the hidden blades into wieldable knives in later games? Fighting with them in Brotherhood was far better than in 3.

Where is the best place to start if you want to get into modern asscreed? I have PC, Switch, PS3, and PS4. Sold all my old xboxs.

I liked Syndicate the best. And, no I don't care what Yea Forums thinks.

if i didnt saw an image about it, i wouldn't have noticed desu

PS4, unless you have a topnotch PC

>he liked Ass Creed 3
That game killed the series

Btfo fag

4 if you want the sailing, Unity if you don't.

1 and 3 were the best ones. Both those protagonists made me give a shit. The rest where convoluted garbage.

>3
>the best

Attached: 1547817256621.jpg (400x506, 40K)

>3
Lol no

>Joins Templars
>not because their World View and goals align with his own
>just because he was mad at one particular Assassin

>3
Want to know how I know you're retarded?

>oh noes, the assassins are looking for first civ artifacts that cause earthquakes
>better join the templars who totally look for first civ artifacts that cause eartquakes too

>that sick ass pelt draped over his shoulder became a dumb little tuft of fur
Well, at least his in-game model wasn't as butchered as it was compared to the promotional renders as in Brotherhood

Attached: assassins-creed-brotherhood[1].png (900x506, 145K)

I played ACIII on the Wii U. There were constant crashes and the framerate was garbage, but I powered through it. After seeing the Switch gameplay trailers, I can't believe they just ported the Wii U version without fixing any of the bugs. Did nobody playtest it?

they like money, not fixing stuff

>3
>best
bait right?

>Ubisoft
>the company that outright said "fuck optimisation just get a more powerful PC"
>caring about silly shit like bug fixes
lol

I couldn't stand the number of superfluous flaps on his robe in Brotherhood. Otherwise it was pretty great.

Attached: Ezio-plainrobes-brotherhood.png (636x754, 851K)

I just want this series to end already, but ubisoft is gonna milk it till our grandchildren die most prob

I wish they utilized it's full potential instead of churning out cash-grab bullshit, but that could be said of almost every Ubisoft game.

Hell, probably most games in general.

I just want a game in the first civ time, and one solely on modern time without animus, but those two scenarios have been already discarded by ubishit

The whole modern day animus shit was so unnecessary from the very beginning.

>Gives us away to connect multiple time periods and blah blah

The Templars and Assassin's are already written to exist throughout all of history, you don't need any more connecting than that.

they just wanted to be clever about the HUD and reload mechanics, but yeah

Don't forget they also explained away any glitches and bugs the player encounters as "the animus not being perfect" instead of just fucking fixing them.

>Altair can't swim and everyone has American accents
>The animus did it

Attached: 1541183877955.jpg (493x387, 35K)

lmao i remember the explanation of why everyone was talking in modern english in the 11th century

Origins is pretty based though. Odyssey goes too far with rpg grind systems while origins is almost perfect. The biggest problem they both have is navigating to the menu to swap your gear constantly.

I thought it was silly fun.

What I didn't think was silly fun was Connor's magic powers in the Tyranny of King Washington. How the fuck did he get those? It's not like he had an artifact on his person that granted those powers, he got them from hallucinogenic tea. Really fucking normal tea too.

funny, cause i stumbled upon some funny bugs and glitches outside the animus too (like when i fell on a bottomless hole with desmond)

i guess we were inside the animus all the time?

the whole tyranny of king washington arc never happened, it was just a vision both connor and washington had when they touched the apple of eden, so it was obviously trippin balls

Oh it never happened, I know. But the point was showing what MIGHT. And I have no damn clue how the magic 8 ball could show a reality of spirit magic. At least in Connor's bird flight in the actual game, that's an illusion caused by an artifact and the bird morph is only inside this this illusion. It never shows the illusion in the real world like with how the spirit powers transfer from illusion to reality.

And again, how does a normal ass willow tree give you magic beast powers? Artifacts maybe, but a normal ass willow?

Native american magic, animus ain't gotta explain shit.

Animus glitch.

3 had the best ship-to-ship combat, but the story they wrote for Conner was 100% garbage and they cut a whole bunch of character stuff for him and the Homestead is literally secondary to the main story so you get even less character if you just do the main story. Haytham sucks cocks though, holy shit why does everyone pretend he's the only redeemable thing in the game?

as i understood it, it wasnt even a totally possible scenario more than a wishfull one for both about their most inner desires

Washington wanted to be king and connor wanted to have his family back (and also his people believed in that spirit animal shit)

It was more like a dream than a vision of a possible future

I liked how you could load different types of shot into the canons in 3. Also the way those things extended out of the side of the ship when you went full sail. Are those a real thing or made up for the game?

who'd have thought that nearly 10 years after AC2, we'd be spening 90% of the games running around in the wilderness and stabbing guys in the neck for 20% of their health bar

Hmm. Okay.

Though now I'm curious what the willow shit is in the real tribe culture then. I can buy that the powers are Connor's imagination like imagining what a drug high is like if you've never taken shit. But what does it ACTUALLY do if he took it in the real world? Surely it's a real drink in his culture

who'd have thought that we would still be playing AC after 3?

Either nothing or he would get high as fuck (maybe the willow he drinks from is a magical type of willow his tribe believes in and doesnt have any real counterpart)

We probably wouldn't be if not for the sailing.

the pirate meme could have been a totally different franchise, they just stapled the AC lore in it and call it a day

I fucking wish they would just make a standalone pirate game without all the retarded assassin shit.

They literally are, not sure what's happening to that game currently though.

>See Skull & Bones 20 minute gameplay trailer
>Load it up
>Cannons fire faster than modern breech-loading artillery
>Level system with every ship having a level tag floating over it

God dammit dude. Why does everything need some fucking half-assed wannabe RPG leveling system now? Just let me shoot shit with cannons, don't tell me my god damn cannonballs aren't high enough level so they just bounce off the enemy ship.

Fuck.

AC2 outfit > Brotherhood outfit

Attached: ezio-assassinscreed2.jpg (950x1200, 135K)

I unironically want Ezio in Smash

Ass Creed/Effect 3 were the fastest I had ever dropped vidya I have paid for in my entire life

Didn't like how after you beat the game you're locked from leaving the Animus as well as replaying Desmonds missions should you want to. also the mohawk and quiver fucking sucked ass and ruined every costume, othr than that it was okay, short though.

I just wanted a straight pirate action adventure game without all the assassin's creed shit in it. You can't even get off the ship in S&B.

The only thing I liked about 3 was how Connor had the most brutal fighting style.

The only thing that matters is if you realize Ezio isnt nearly as good as people make him out to be

Yeah that was pretty good. The tomahawk was a cool weapon.

>the mohawk and quiver fucking sucked ass and ruined every costume

Fucking blowgun and forced armor in 4 have the same problem. I don't even know of a way to remove that shit with cheat engine.

>You can't even get off the ship in S&B.
Fucking hell, literally all they had to do was copy/paste AssCreed gameplay into something other than AssCreed and they fucked it up.

?

I would dig them putting black flag on switch since I would have time to do all that sideshit with it being portable. But unless they do it right and have it run well it wont even be worth it.

shays turn happens because he is unable to have a proper conversation with achilles. he is a fucking terible character.

Only 1,2 and brotherhood count.
The rest are shit and just drive on the name to sell.
AC4 should had been a new pirate franchise.

The actual and true AC3 was going to be in the french revolution but AC creator left ubisoft cause they wanted to turn AC into a cow which they did.
Also AC truly ended with Brotherhood, Desmond entering into comma and the future events of humanity being left to uncertianity, after all why would he care? He is in comma.

Attached: 5B1517CF-6C90-414D-AC1D-A0F0A43FCFAD.png (680x496, 492K)

I think he was justifiably pissed. Achilles basically told him to go fuck himself about it.

Attached: 311560_20180117191924_1.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Ya, how hard could it have been to say
>Don't fuck with this particular type of artifact. It's literally holding the world together
Instead, he just assumes Achilles knew what the Lisbon Artifact did and sent him there intentionally to kill thousands

He's pissed because the Assassins just run around doing dumb shit and have no actual plans beyond "fuck with Templar shit". Which is good enough motivation for me because that's exactly how I was starting to feel after AC3 and 4. At least Templars are proactive. Assassins just bumble around doing basically nothing most of the time. No wonder Templars are always fucking on top despite you killing them all in every game.

it isn't really the act but the reaction shay gets, Achilles does basically tell him to fuck off, but when he tries to tell Achilles what happened his response is essentially
>lmao it's your fault, also it doesn't matter Ima just get some more
to which shay is horrified due to the fact that he just saw it blow shit up. Another issue is that the second he runs, everyone he knows tries to kill him which isn't really a good way to restore a relationship.

>the entire colonial assassin brotherhood was overthrown by 1 really angry irishman
I'm amazed how they've been operating sucessfully until then

Shay had better reasons to join the Templars than Edward had to join the Assassins. He basically just does it on a whim because some reverse trap said he'd be a big fag if he doesn't.

Well, Edward’s big motivation in life was adventure and wanting something to do that had purpose.

Look what he got

This. Achilles needed to tell him "yeah we will kill innocents if thats what it takes"
And the templars do the same but oh no no no when the man in the hood does it its bad

Pretty sure his big motivation in life was making a load of money so he could return to England and take care of his wife and daughter.

I unironically like Syndicate. It had the best combat, most fluid freerunning and it looked great. the clothes actually looked like clothes on both Jacob and Eve. The fashion was great, doing peak AC design.

Then we get this rpg mmo bullshit that is origin and Odyssey and the series just feels like a shitty pay-to-win adventure.

Yeah, so much for the whole "stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent" thing huh?

Why does this outfit look like ass outside of Brotherhood?

Attached: ezioscreenshot.jpg (636x754, 100K)

Edward did everything he did because a peasant life wasnt for him
He just wanted to be more than that and he realized a life of a pirate wasnt going anywhere higher than working on the farm of his father in law
That rule is just there so you dont go crazy all the time
Altair knew this (at the end of AC1) ; he knew he would break any tenant if it was necesarry (like burning the corpse of al-mualim, it was against some rules)

It’s almost like the writers are fucking retards when it comes to character motivation.

Show of hands, who here thinks it would’ve been better if the Assassins and Templars were just one iteration of the two dichotomies that show up whenever an artifact is involved? I mean it would make more sense with the fact that this universe seems to not give a shit about how Assassin and Templar mean things and have etymologies. I mean for fucks sake, apparently the name for the Assassins existed before the inspiration for them, completely devoid of the fact that the name comes from the drug hashish. Which is retarded. But no, I’m supposed to think the assassins in Masyaf were connected to the ones in the Yucatán.

It really should’ve just been a story about unexplained magic eight balls that stayed unexplained because the real interest was on the 2 main ideological differences that come from using them:
>Don’t use them, it’s fucking dangerous and we shouldn’t even touch these things
>We can use these things to make the world a better place, look how powerful they are
And what these things were whatever the culture thought they were. You believe in divine beings? You think these came from them. You think God is for babies? Then it’s some alien artifact. And neither is ever out right said to be correct

>was making a load of money so he could return to England and take care of his wife and daughter
Yeah, wanting to do something that has a purpose

I wish the black armor you got in 2 was the default in Brotherhood, it looked more like what a leader would wear.

Well you can unlock it with uPlay and use it from the very beginning of the game, so that's something.

Oh neat.

>apparently the name for the Assassins existed before the inspiration for them
Isnt this from origins ? Pretty sure it means "the ideal of the assassins creed" as what existed before them
But the rest of your idea is not bad at all

Absolutely.

I was playing unity recently and I was shocked at how good the interiors were. Honestly it would be best if they just devoted the series to settings in hyper-dense cities where they could do a bunch of interiors. Something like Weimar Berlin or Bakumatsu Tokyo would be great.

>Weimar Berlin

Holy shit could you imagine the asshurt that would cause?

>wears the hood on the cover art
>can't actually wear it in-game
I remember hating Rogue for this reason alone

Attached: Assassin's_Creed_Rogue.jpg (279x357, 27K)

Thanks, I mostly just want the story to be more gray. As it stands, it’s very much just r/Atheism’s Creed. Even in the game where you play as a Templar, it’s basically the same thing, “I am an enlightened free thinker because I’m standing against an evil backwards institution, Mom! Quit telling me to go to Church!”

For fucks sake, at one point Ezio uses some notion of Enlightenment Era liberty and revolution to rile up a peasant crowd to his side. That wouldn’t work in his time. At all. You might as well try and win the Republican Presidential nomination by talking about how awesome socialism, abortion, and transgender kids are while shitting on Israel and the US military.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find a mod that adds it in. You're not the only one that was annoyed by it.

I like shaven assassins

That's why 1 had the best plot. Both sides had reasonable arguments and you could see where each person you killed was coming from.

A lot of the outfits do have hoods, just not his main one. I did like that they made his collar go up and down instead though.

Those extra requirements they started adding in with Brotherhood that you have to do to get 100% synch are literally and unironically the worst idea they ever had for the entire series.

Exactly. By the time later games roll around, you just come to expect that everybody on either side is a secular humanist even though that would would make no sense historically. But when Altair killed the guy who was terrified of anything that looked like a Masyaf Assassin, Altair was kind of shocked that the guy didn’t believe in God. And while supplementary material says neither did he, if you just took the game as it stands, Altair could’ve been a devout Muslim or Druze or that Peacock religion and was just remarking at the oddity of genuine atheism in the 1300s, especially from a guy in league with an army of extremely open Christians.

Do they still make you manually go over the entire map to 100% a location in the remaster?

Attached: 1532444010989.png (688x439, 666K)

If Babylon Berlin could get critical acclaim from everywhere, I'm sure it would be fine.

I've been reading the wiki, and it seems that the Eagle Vision is dependent on the person's state of mind? Jack the Rippers schizophrenia seems to have made his vision screwy, and Connor's daughter was able to connect with an animal in her distressed state, and Ezio's vision got "upgraded" when he started becoming zen. That's pretty cool.

Weird how they never touched how Shay was Arno's dad's murderer. I get that Arno was busy but he focused more on his adaptive father's murder than his real one's.

Its obvious, after all, desmond had to get a little crazy to get that power

I dont get the appeal of Assassins Credd
I played the first game i played the second game and than the last game was the third .
I looked up there are 11 games released in the last 12 years.
And the worst thing because of my mild autism i'm always forced to collect the shitty falsg feathers etc

To be fair he probably always was crazy. You don't (supposedly) shag a crazy bitch and then abandon her and your carefully crafted anonymity just for a faggy bike.

Why? They are good as a concept, and give you interesting challenges (use this weapon instead of that one , etc)
The only problem would be that the timed ones can get bullshit later on and they are necessary for those "memory missions"

>and Connor's daughter was able to connect with an animal in her distressed state
I fucking hate the idea of Eagle vision featuring actual Eagles

They aren't "interesting" challenges, they're fucking pointless busywork shit for most missions. I just got done doing one mission where the requirement was shooting 3 explosive barrels during a horseback chase, and if you press the button to shoot and the game decide to lock on to a random mook soldier instead of the barrels, that's it, you're fucked and have to reload from a checkpoint. It breaks the flow of the game like crazy.

If they want to encourage people to use smoke bombs or sleep poison or whatever other silly shit, they should try actually making the games challenging so that players actually need to use those tools.

Honestly, I think that's a nice setting that games don't use often enough
>I'm gonna side with the other guys JUST to spite you
Vyce from Tactics Ogre did that and it was hilarious. He was so contrarian that he would betray you and join the villains if you chose to be a nice guy and not massacre civilians.

Your autism lets you experience the best part of the games, the beautiful and painstakingly recreated locations.

Its that a problem with using a controller or something?
Anyways the point is they are all optional. I remember I skipped a lot of them because they were just trash and had no problem with that