How would you fix pokemon?

How would you fix pokemon?

Attached: file.png (430x221, 19K)

I wouldn't.

I would make a Digimon game instead. It's the superior franchise.

It has so many flaws Id just make a new game instead
Just play DQM, pokemon is fucked at its core even if it had competents devs

Less handholding
Branching paths & more leeway when exploring a more interesting region to reignite a sense of Adventure
Less time spent on characters
Better puzzles in dungeons
No more archaic features that make teambuilding or just having a competent team to play online, along with actual options like a 6v6 format of some kind, or MK8's way of doing things with communities that can have their own rules.

Cute pokemons doing cute thing , more mystery dungeon type games

Attached: 75080989_p0.jpg (3000x3000, 1.73M)

I'd take it to .

Give the series to Monolith Soft

Inb4 200 replied

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

FUCK OFF

battle revolution tier animations
cut the gimmick shit: big pokemon, megas, z moves etc
make it able to transfer from the handhelds to the console
a full national dex
cut the subscription service that means you can transfer pokemon and make it free and in-game
no handholding
make the overworld not shit
honestly just hand it to a developer that isn't gamefreak

With this retarded logic old games have to be contained in /vr/

Digimon is a shitty franchise, you have literal shitting as a game mechanic

>battle revolution tier animations
I want this so much

Stop censoring fan projects.

Not possible.

>opset at a thread that isn't a twittercap
please fuck off

Fpbp

Just kill it outright so other monster collecting franchises can finally break the stigma of being "Pokemon Rip-offs" and revitalize the genre, because without Pokemon's death, none of those franchises will ever see the light of day because of the entry barrier that currently exists, which requires those franchises to become multi-media sensations capable of producing a Pokemania phenomenon in a cultural age where fads only last half a month at best.

Anyone who calls Pokemon the creator of the genre is underaged and does not know Shin Megami Tensei

so you want X to die for diversity

>SMT
>not MT
Double underage.

it's so fucking easy, just give the rights to monolith

I'd make it so that instead of sending C&D notices to fan projects, Nintendo makes a directory of fan projects, and puts ads for Nintendo products on the directory. That way, instead of pissing off the fans, Nintendo instead helps the fans find products they want.

Make a more branching system of mon evolution, allowing for some procedurality/modularity and simplifying that aspect of design. Also just genuinely taking a break from the franchise for a healthy timeframe to let some new ideas come up without growing kitschy.

Have you even played a Digimon game or are you an upset Pokemon fan latching onto anything you think you can shit on Pokemon with?

It's known internationally as shin megami tensei, don't be a fucking weeb about it

>no more evil team
>no more box legendary
>no story involving end of the world
>start at center of map
>gyms and routes can be completed in any order
>routes and gyms scale with amount of badges earned
>rival is a dickhead and his Pokémon always scale to be a couple levels higher than yours
>national dex
>battle frontier like area in post game

It’s really not that hard to satisfy Pokémon fans who enjoy the games beyond OMG ANIME GIRL SO HOT

Attached: 1560401416930.jpg (1107x1447, 234K)

>I hope Pokemon dies because all the mean kids on the playground made fun of me for playing Webkinz :^(
I wish I was joking but this is how a lot of fanbases of other monster/pet-raising games are taking the Gen VIII shitstorm, often falseflagging as Pokemon fans while not having touched Pokemon in over 10 years
Shin Megami Tensei is not of the original series Megami Tensei, and if you're going to call me a fucking weeb about it in regards to international releases then don't bring up a series that wasn't made international until after Pokemon was, let alone called SMT internationally until the fucking PS2.

Colosseum 3

Having a story helps make it feel like a journey rather than you just knocking off a checklist of gyms/routes. We should at least have story events scattered around to break up the eventual monotony of constant battling.

>Shin Megami Tensei is not of the original series Megami Tensei
Internationally, the series outside Japan is Shin Megami Tensei. Are you really going to be this fucking nitpicky?

Unironically a open-world BotW-esque game. Hate me if you want Yea Forums, but this would probably be a great fucking game, if executed correctly. Nintendo and TPC have the fucking money, it's possible if they had some actually good devs behind it instead of the hacks at Gamefreak.
>Wide and open world, but dense with content
>Random encounters are visible and out in the wild; something like Xenoblade where you can just lock on and approach them
>Battles are instantenously entered from the overworld; turn-based style kept but is fast and smooth enough that to a quick-fingered player looks like a real-time battle (think as fast or faster than the combat in the Mystery Dungeon games)
>Capturing Pokemon could require you to actually aim the Pokeball, and this could be a minigame (think Let's Go, but less shitty)
>Following Pokemon easily entering battles
>You can engage Pokemon without any on your team, albeit it's difficult to do so, and they can fucking kill you
>Gym leaders could be fought in any order and would have scalable levels/strategies based on your progress (no monotype shit)
>Good selection of Pokemon befitting for the world; doesn't have to be all of them, as sick as that would be
>Hire Monolith and the BotW team for work on the environment and some of the gameplay aspects

i'd let you date and fuck the pokemon

>Thinks they're going to model, animate, skin and have AI for over 800+ monsters
Okay, wow. Your expectations is a little too far ahead.

BILLION
DOLLAR
MEDIA
FRANCHISE

You are the reason modern Pokemon is a fucking shadow of it's former self fuck you.

This post gave me brain cancer
Thank fuck you don't make games

>multiple threads a day
They need to go to /vp/.

That's not how that works. Just because their games and merch are worth that much total doesn't mean all that profit goes back to the game company.
Please stop typing.

>evil teams cannot be done well so let's just scrap it it's not like a majority of Pokemon fans care about narrative or anything :)
>box legendaries are always an intrusive problem so let's scrap those too since only the best games have no box legendaries :)
>this was only a thing like three times and two of those times were fantastic games to anyone not stuck in Gen I bullshit
>all Pokemon fans are adults who love free-roam and open-world, and children don't need a little nudge in the right direction before being given some freedom of direction a few towns in! What's Kanto or Johto?
>kids shouldn't be given a nudge in the right direction and some experience with type matchups before being slapped in the dick by going for the Steel-type Gym first :)
>he fell for the Gary Oak meme and doesn't understand that good Rivals that aren't just shitty brats you beat into the ground can and do exist
>look mom I included the latest controversy!
>agreeable

That statement doesn't make any sense. The majority of the games have been on a handheld system. That fucking idiot wanted an open world game with fully animation AI of over 800+ creatures roaming around. That shit would take atleast 6 years to make and on a completely different gen console or tech.

>he never knew the series as Revelations
Dumb Nocturnefag

No one calls it revelations.

That would require Pokemon ever living up to such lofty expectations even back in Gen V or so when in reality it never has. Or if the franchise wasn't always chock-full of half-baked horseshit. You going to post the "Pikachu used Double Kick!" webm or the Shiny Ponyta streamer now, or are you going to continue to pretend you have given a rat's ass about the series like you've pretended to for the past 5 years?

>he never played this or Revelations: The Demon Slayer
lmao

Attached: file.png (300x299, 249K)

Complete reboot and taking it back to the basics but with the enhanced quality of life in newer games.

>New slew of 200 Pokemon and ONLY them. No trading up or unlocking more post game or whatever.
>None of them are furfag bait pseudo-sentient creatures with personalities and shit. They're back to being monsters, dinosaurs, plant things, etc.
>Rivals with development who aren't just your friends and always nice to you. Trainers you actually have to compete against.
>Game is entirely tooled to PvE single player/co op experience instead of autistic grown men playing competitive RPGs.

Attached: 1560051252784.jpg (292x215, 10K)

I hate Persona, so no, I never want to finish that game.

ok
>make players play as the Pokemons
>>let players play as humans, but everyone is cute OR buff AND they pilot mechs
>inflate moe of Pokemon like Pikachu further
>make humanoid Pokemon pure waifubait
>make humanoid animal Pokemon super buff and lewd to bait furries and get furrybux
>
>make combat real time skill and bait Smashbro players
>have a gachashit phone companion app that grinds items you don't need if you get gud

Attached: __original_drawn_by_doushimasho__a990ce19bc60a07bcf3db31deb5c7493.jpg (859x1208, 573K)

Attached: BY99xPmCUAARNJM.png (539x347, 281K)

The models are already made though
The 3ds versions are downgrades of them

Make pokémons datable.
Or unironically, a more extensive player to pokemon interaction.

>None of them are furfag bait pseudo-sentient creatures with personalities and shit. They're back to being monsters, dinosaurs, plant things, etc.
You mean like a lot of Gen I Pokemon? And I mean a lot of Gen I Pokemon?
>Rivals with development who aren't just your friends and always nice to you. Trainers you actually have to compete against.
This is fine but please god don't always let them be brats like Blue or edgelords like Silver. Good Rivals who are your friends can exist so long as they don't act all buddy-buddy with you. It can and should be treated like a competition, the characters being Trainers you want to beat but also consider comrades in times of crisis. Everyone falls for the "Gary Oak is an ass" meme because of the anime but in reality he's just an entitled brat that gave a lot of kids catharsis of beating up their bullies, but him fucking ambushing you at Silph Co. instead of manning up against Team Rocket cemented him as just a shitty brat. Take Blue's abrasive attitude but give him the competitive friendliness of Barry and development of Cheren and Silver, and you have a much better Rival than any actual Rival in the series. Or at least, take GSC Blue since he's developed past just being a shitty brat into a cool-headed and competent kid.

nothing
give it the sweet release of death it deserves

Attached: 1562370150257.jpg (900x1300, 148K)

There's a huge difference between having models, and having those models animate and move.
Have you ever made characters before in a 3D modeling program? I have.

>more time between releases so they have all the time to fix their shit
>non mobile spinoffs like ranger and mystery dungeon return
>competitive patches so you dont have to wait for another game to fix the new shit OP legendary

Attached: 1544568624941.jpg (400x300, 58K)

>The 3ds versions are downgrades of them
If you mean the models they have prepared for the 3DS and other games like GO then no, they're the same models that were "too good", just fucked by the resolution and only served to fuck the performance. If you mean the Battle Revolution models, keep in mind that those were all just touched-up versions of the models from all 3 Stadium games and the GCN games, save for the 100 or so made for the Sinnoh Pokemon. Also battles in all those games take forever due to the animations which is part of why the Stadium games only had 3 on 3 and GCN games had Double Battles, so take all that with wild encounters and teams of 6 Magikarp and what-have-you, and you have an absolute slog worse than what there currently is unless you turn off the Battle Scene setting

You don't, you let it burn.
The real Pokémon fans abandoned the franchise a long time ago. If you love Pokémon you replay the old games and the good spin-offs, you play Nuzlocke/Randomized versions of the old games, you play romhacks or you play other kind of standalone games like Phoenix Rising.
Fuck GameFreak and FUCK Nintendo.

Attached: Taking my loli.jpg (673x1000, 146K)

Listen
Dude, dude listen
No, no really, listen
Give the license to Platinum, Anarchy Reigns but Pokemon

>Nuclockes and Randomizers
>good
Fake fan begone

effort

>Pokemon is now challenging
>Game even has difficulty setting
>NPCs, including gym leaders, have actual balanced teams and strategies
>Have an actual balance team work on all the Pokemon so there were not so many worthless mons
>Online battling has Smogon like restrictions
>Take a majority of modern Pokemon, and some older, and revamp their designs to be simple, removing their over designed natures mostly by removing their unnecessary spikes and stripes and extraneous features
>Remove clothing from Pokemon
>Remove inanimate object Pokemon unless it is a ghost
>Go back to sprites
>Retcon the game lore that legendary and mythic Pokemon are singular in nature
>You can't catch legendary Pokemon permanently, just battle, catch, and release

If you're going to want Anarchy Reigns I can think of several other monster franchises that would be way more beneficial to that style of gameplay.

They are fun.
Got a problem, nerd?

Oh and
>the legendary fights would be like raid battles, they solo teams

>routes and gyms scale with amount of badges earned
No. Make easy paths in routes that are harder to find, but don't make the world scale to the player. That's retarded.
Gyms are okay to scale because that's what gym leaders do: they usually don't go all out and are simply testing the trainer's abilities and helping them improve. But an area of the game infamous for having deathclaws shouldn't have them scaled down into scratchpaws

It's not fair! Why couldn't I be born in that timeline!!

Attached: sadabnrgry.png (265x265, 115K)

>need retarded levels of RNG or pseudo-permadeath to make a game more interesting to you
Shitty RNG hacks and gay "challenge mode" playstyles with even less effort put into them than the new games are much less fun or challenging than the Level 1 Dungeons in the Mystery Dungeon games, especially when recruiting every Pokemon. The lowest of the low when it comes to what the Pokemon fandom shits out to make the old games more fun. If you hadn't included romhacks that aren't fucking shitty Randomizers, I would have just told you to kill yourself, instead I'll just hope you step on a Lego.

>routes are huge zones
>towns are hubs where you rest, train, and supply for your next expedition
>most of the game is you exploring the wilderness or doing quests/acquiring items or pokemon that allow you to further explore the wilderness

While I agree that those anons are vastly undestimating the amount of work required, there are already made walk and run aimations in gen 7's code for every pokemon

I wouldn't. I'd fund more varied spin offs but the main series itself is fine as is without retards trying to turn it into open meme with shallow action gameplay and stupid story padded with ultimately meaningless dialogue trees

I understand you like your games to have toddler difficulty and enjoy eating trash.
I don't fucking judge you for it, you literal retard. Unironically kys.

>I understand you like your games to have toddler difficulty and enjoy eating trash
But I'm not the one who plays Randomizers or Nuzlockes and pretends they're difficult. Hell, Randomizers can be even easier than the regular games.

Attached: shitposting button.png (345x317, 195K)

>Randomizers
>not toddler difficulty
>Nuzlockes
>not eating trash
Would rather do the Ditto Only Challenge. Do you have anything fun instead?

Enjoy eating the cancer GF gives you.

>PBR 2
>all pokemon supported
>gamemode variations from gen 3 and 4 battle frontiers and original PBR present, with single-player "campaign" circuits for each
>doubles for every variation, triples and rotation for battle tower only
>online matchmaking for the less complicated variations, like factory, tower, palace and pbr modes as opposed to pike, pyramid, castle, and arcade
>bp earned in battles allows to obtain items and berries, as usual
>breeding side mode to assist with move learning and iv inheritance
>side mode also includes a poke pelago / GO park like area, where you can interact with pokemon directly to increase friendship, teach them moves with tms and alter stats via medicine, plus chao garden - esque interaction with trainers
>global terminal present for trades, video sharing and other stuff
>trainer customization
>prize counter to send special stuff like event mons to main games

Thanks. Enjoy the cancer you already have, nostalgiaboy.

gamefreak/the pokemon company in general need a real slap to the face if we ever want to see any improvements to the franchise, a slap that will unfortunately never come because of how huge the franchise is and how willingly apologetic normie pokemon fans are towards gamefreak's bullshit. the game's gonna sell gangbusters and pokemon will be doomed to eternal mediocrity

Attached: fagrigoose.jpg (640x480, 31K)

>Nostalgiaboy
B&W2 were released in 2012.
Are you literally 12?

I had a whole thing written up but it got deleted. This was the summary.
Pokemon needs a backstory. Why are we trying to collect them? Where did they come from? Why are 10 year olds going out in the real world?
Pokemon games should take place in different time periods in that world's history.
Having different time periods such as prehistoric days could give the players a chance to interact with Dinosaur-like Pokemon unique to that game.
Having unique Pokemon that is not available in other titles will give a sense of "I gotta get this game!" also appeal to collectors.
Pokemon count should be reduced and consistant. I think the first reboot game should only have 50 Pokemon.
I also believe ALL Pokemon should have 3 evolutionary lines or atleast 3 different forms each. Legendaries are the exception.
Ditto will be the failed cloning process of MewTwo. Fuck Gamefreak for saying that isn't canon. They're just jealous.
Gym Badges should have rank. This allows players to revisit said Gyms to raise their rank. Higher rank means more challenging battles and a different team lineup.
Ranking higher in Pokemon battles/Gyms would allow the Trainer to have a chance to teach their Pokemon abilities. This eliminates individually grinding Pokemon.
Defeating wild Pokemon should give a chance for items that can be used for crafting.
Crafting things such as specialized Pokeballs, consumables like food or items for the Pokemon to hold would give the wild encounters a more meaningful aspect and purpose.
Specialized Pokeballs could be bought through an expert in the game, or by crafting it yourself which would be the cheaper method. But there's a high chance it may fail.
Constantly crafting would increase your skill level thus granting you higher success rates and speed up the process.
(CONT)

Fishing would also require time to actually fish. There could even be fishing competitions in conjunction to other special events outside of battles.
Lures could be a part of the crafting process as well.
Cooking could even be part of the crafting process.
Bring bck not only the Day/Night cycle but also seasons and weather. This allows certain Pokemon to hang around certain places during specific times or during seasons/weather.
Seasons/weather/and time of day also affect the battles and encounters so it allows Players to strategize further.
Catching Pokemon should be more challenging which would require maybe putting them to sleep, paralyzing, even charming by offering it snacks.
Certain Pokemon should not like each other. Like a dog pokemon encountering a cat pokemon. May increase the chances of it fleeing.
(END)
Thoughts? I have more ideas.

put it on mobile and remove fighting

Many ideas and I'm sure a few of them have been said before so I'll focus on one idea I had around,
>Legendary Pokemon

I would want Legendary Pokemon to feel Legendary both in what they can do and the process of finding one and maybe capturing one. Guess it would be called a quest system involving looking into rumors and investigating clues. Legendary Pokemon would have effects on the world like abnormal weather, stronger or weaker wild Pokemon encounters. When finally encountered since they are Legendary they'll be intelligent and you can speak with them, learn about there history and more. At the end of your encounter you're offered a choice, try and capture it, fail and you now have a angry legendary making things harder but more challenging for a short time. Or, you can work with the Legendary and get minor boons like more XP, easier to capture types of Pokemon and radiant quest. Of course the world would react to your arrangement or failed or successful capture of a Legendary Pokemon.

Fan fiction tier I know but it's my idea

>PBR 2
What's the purpose when it's just a 3D battling sim when the games are already 3D at this point? I mean I understand the sentiment but just include those features into the core games. The only real reasons why Stadium, Stadium 2, and BR existed and were played (beyond minigames in Stadium's case) were for 3D battling simulation. At least Colosseum and GoD had something else to offer with unique mechanics and narratives even if part of their creations had to do with GF dropping the fucking ball with the transfer between GSC and RSE, so if you wanted certain Pokemon you HAD to buy a GCN, HAD to buy and complete those games, and HAD to have the accessory that connects GBA to CGN. There is zero need for a 3D battling sim anymore. Absolutely none. You're asking for something redundant that might as well just be DLC or better yet included on the cart already, so please don't give them any ideas. Come up with something better or just integrate your idea into the mainline.

I riku yor idea user. Ita speaksu to me.

Attached: 1133176_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 275K)

Yeah, 12 inches.

Kick gamefreak and give it to Monolith soft or Retro.

Attached: 1548256138337.jpg (515x593, 44K)

Have Atlus do the combat system

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Company like Square, Atlus, Enix, EA, Sega, Nintendo, Rare, Ubisoft, or literally anyone else handles 99% of the game
Gamefreak just makes sure the battle system is still compatible.

My god you really are 12.
Amazing.

Start by firing everyone that works are gamefreak.

because pbr2 would be devoted exclusively to the pokemon themselves, casting aside the need to develop storyline or a region so that more features regarding battling, trading, and interacting with pokemon can be focused upon

basically, a game that's in essence the postgame of any other mainline title, with all the technical features available immediately without the need to complete a full campaign

Remove handholdy cutscene spamming faggots following you around everywhere interrupting you twice a zone
Make the difficulty more inline with romhacks
Get rid of IV's

>yfw Stadium and PBR are justified by the fact that the mainline game has less Pokemon than the 2006 games

Pokemon but with h-romance both gay and normal with your pokemon

take longer to make them, only new pokemon every new game

>everyone else but GF has more ambitious ideas for the series
>even the anime team when they aren't held back like they are with SM

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-04-16h14m14s369.jpg (1920x800, 251K)

Patrician's choice is Monster Rancher.

What about a battle system that is super cinematic and a little more action based?

Im thinking that you can have your pokemon dodge attacks or block depending on speed and strength. Pokemon can get knocked down if they are small and that will lose them a turn. They can counter, be staggered. Its notging too crazy wgen u consider that not every pojemon needs to be able to do every thing. Wailords and snorlaxes cant dodge for instance , too fat. And pikachu and caterpie cant block most moves without being knocked down and open to a follow up move

Overall making combat alot more active.

Sorry, I don't pretend I'm having fun with shitty fucking Randomizer romhacks or pretend playstyles in a series that I've lost faith in so long ago that I think the only solution is to pull the plug, instead of just moving on like an adult or offering suggestions on improving the game. Nor do I think that RNG as with every Randomizer or Nuzlocke makes a game harder and not just a matter of getting a good draw near the start. Zero fucking skill involved. You'd sooner catch me playing with only a Ditto than either of those cancerfests ever again, and I've played them longer than you believe I've been alive for, and followed the original Nuzlocke comic since the Hoenn challenge. Been there. Done that. Give me something less retarded and more well-thought out than fanmade rules in a sorry attempt to make the game more interesting, and worse, a roulette wheel that just requires one lucky pull at the start to faceroll the rest of the game. Some "challenge". I'd rather play Round 2 of both Stadium games with only Rental Pokemon, getting a Perfect in each battle.
>basically, a game that's in essence the postgame of any other mainline title, with all the technical features available immediately without the need to complete a full campaign
Why would you pay like $40 or even $60 for what could be included in the mainline title if a director had an iota of ambition for making the battling side of the series less obsolete than Showdown? Literally all of this doesn't need to be in a spinoff anymore when they don't have an excuse for making it a spinoff outside of making more money, and supporting the idea would only allow them to fuck you over in the mainline and sell you your idea of what battling in a mainline game should be like for around the same price. And worse yet, the idea would fucking bomb because the average fan would see the game as pointless, and not even a Smogontard would humor it when they could do all that on Showdown.

You can stop shilling now

what if they made a Pokemon game that was story based like Persona

>yfw Stadium originally had only like 30 Pokemon
I don't know how anyone thought that was a good idea

Attached: enraged thomas.jpg (759x538, 100K)

>what if they made a Pokemon game that was story based like Persona
You mean like every pokemon game ever?

That'd be the only way I'd accept cut Pokemon, make a game focused around being a story driven experience and you have a reason for why not all Pokemon are there.

You can't, it's fucked.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-07-04-16h15m04s528.jpg (1920x800, 356K)

It was called Pokemon Colosseum and you faggots hated both of them

>Find some legal loophole to wrestle the rights away from Gamefreak at any cost and hand off the rights to an actually competent developer
This is the MOST IMPORTANT fix by far. Other fixes include
>More side-content
>Bring back features from past gens such as secret bases, mining and super training
>Hard modes and more difficulty setting for playing the base game
>More post game content
>More varied and complex dungeons
>Get whoever did gen 4's music and bring them back for every game
>Maybe a first person mode

Attached: 1520432192087.jpg (600x857, 78K)

Pokken already exists user, and is quite good.

A shame people think it's casual horseshit due to the way it was marketed, legit my favorite fighting game of this gen alongside KI. both edging out Tekken 7.

Attached: pokken-tournament-wii-u-1.jpg (1748x984, 216K)

Add romance.

Between the Pokemon.

Attached: romance.png (849x1200, 981K)