Are you going to buy Misako's game?

Are you going to buy Misako's game?

Attached: river city girls.png (1920x1080, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dFffL0fu5ac?t=20
youtube.com/watch?v=2pN1krUCiXc
youtube.com/watch?v=cOoHnP-LWHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not really interested.

of course

of course not

I'll buy Kyoko's game instead.

>wayforward

Going to a big yikes and an even bigger no from me

this game is cultural appropriation

Why are they beating up policemen?

Of course. It has cute girls so what more could you ask for in a game? At least it's not a faggy western LOL SO REALISTIC game with bull dykes.

I will.

Attached: jumbo_visual.png (900x880, 534K)

I want both of them to beat me up and to stomp on my chest but
>Wayforward
no thanks amigo

So, that river city on steam is a memeshit made by literally who?

it's made by arc system, wayforward is probably a publisher

Are you going to buy his game Yea Forums? (cringe)

Attached: 1562464546907.png (1618x808, 156K)

>2014+5
>side-scrolling beat em ups
Nah I'm not 700 years old. I like my games to have a little more substance

Attached: Ih6dCr.png (1022x731, 643K)

Protip: These people were A L W A Y S making your games, they just didn't have social media back then. If you seriously can't separate the art from the artist you're probably retarded

>Being againts asking people if they're actual citizens of the country they're living in

I'm mexican living in mexico and I can't understand this thinking of USA citizens, I don't understand the boners retards have over there over for undocumented people.

>tfw you'll never have your head caved in by an angry, superpowered schoolgirl
god damn it
game looks cute but i imagine it'll be overpriced and like 2 hours long

the other way: Arcsys is the publisher, as well as the ones who allowed WF to use the River City/Kunio-kun liscense.

Wayforward are the Devs.

also:

are we REALLY gonna reference that stupid screen from , every single time this game is mentioned? are you so desperate for a TORtanic that you will even rip your dicks to diss some dev that you dont even know?

It's all about who can virtue signal the hardest... and to make themselves feel better... and because they hate America.

>Pixel shit
No.

>the other way: Arcsys is the publisher, as well as the ones who allowed WF to use the River City/Kunio-kun liscense
really? that's horrible news. Bye

>buying sjw shit
I'll just pirate

"I WAS interested in the cutesy pastel high school girl game until I found out one of the guys working on it wasn't manly enough."

It's not about manliness it's about him being a disingenuous chode.

What are you, a nigger? The fuck is wrong with pixels? I bet you were the type to think Bubsy 3D was a technological fucking masterpiece.

Is there some sort of controversy.
they make fun games with fun characters, whats not to like?

I'm going to say this once

I don't care.

>they make fun games with fun characters
They do the exact opposite. Shantae's supporting cast makes me want to gag.

I see. You must be an anti boob/cute girl faggot.
Your point is invalid

Naw I love cute girls not made by western devs incapable of even making a good platformer. Besides I said supporting cast didn't I? Shantae herself is the only likable one. The rest come off as really corny webcomic characters.

Picture being so much against racism that you become racist yourself in an attempt to justify your anti-racism.
That is the mentality at play. The undocumented illegals are not people to them, they are children that have to be protected. The actual logistics and the way society is structured is secondary to feeling good about their morality.

That shit is going to destroy your country, those shitheads shouldn't live in USA if they hate it so much.

No not anymore because of all your shilling.

>Misako
Kyoko you mean

not seen enough of the game yet. i might pick it though. just for cute girls beating up people

Attached: 1562481063628.jpg (364x392, 51K)

I agree, and the sad thing is: this is how all major totalitarian governments start.
America is following the trajectory of every totalitarian state out there of the populace eventually wanting to be rid of the rabble that keeps them from living a peaceful life, and will do anything to get rid of them. Weimar Republic 2.0.

I'll buy it if the female enemies have some cute moves or grabs so I can treat myself to some female on female softcore ryona.

no pantsushots - no buy

Probably, i really fucking love beat them all's.
What should i kill time with until this comes out? Is there even a release date yet?

Attached: 9126385716548.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

september 5 is the release.

you can always play RCR: underground, or if you want to get used to standard Kunio. play River City Tokyo Rumble or River City Rival Showdown.

WayForward made Double Dragon Neon, which was mechanically well-designed even if I preferred the older Double Dragon games mechanically, musically, and tonally. River City Ransom wasn't that straight and serious, and what I've played of other Kunio-kun games didn't seem to either, so I think this will be fine. Aside from the godawful English theme song. The animations are already the best I've seen in a beat em up in years.

Attached: out.jpg (1153x1575, 3.14M)

No but I will buy Kyoko’s game.

Not if the game is going to look like that...

Other way around.

The game has tigers as enemies and you can recruit them as strikers.

Attached: River City Girls - Teaser Trailer (1080p_60fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4_snapshot_00.39.783.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

The industry needs some new blood anyway, time to let the free market do its thing.

I'd rather play Kurisu's game.
Better, cheaper. Even has online.
youtu.be/dFffL0fu5ac?t=20

Attached: fgsfgd.jpg (1280x720, 271K)

wow, i feel like a fuck boy. i heard of the series before, but didn't really know about it since i never had snes growing up. just watched a few minutes of the first game and its pretty apparent i would've fucking loved this series growing up. i was always a streets of rage/golden axe kid

Attached: bare knuckle.jpg (342x478, 56K)

Attached: D-pa6_0UIAExD9E.jpg orig.jpg (833x1130, 157K)

>line system

Attached: DZf-6b8U8AA-lnM.jpg (960x720, 99K)

It's probably just a luchador like King which is even cooler.

Those are luchadors, actually.

Did you play fight'n rage

>mad about jails
>wants 20 million illegals to be given political representation in a country they shouldn't be in
lmao yikes

That's fine too.

I never really was a fan for Trump but I never could understand why Murrikans gets so salty at that concept. I believe everyone should be allowed to live in America but what is so wrong about asking them to come in legally? You don’t just fucking open your house door to anyone now do you? You ask who they are and what business they have here right? So if that common sense can be applied to your daily life why can’t they apply the same to the country as whole?

very cute

It looks bad, big dog.

No, but I just bought it the other day after these threads started popping up. I'll dive in after work tomorrow.

It’s a goddamn shame because the soundtrack was 11/10.

if wayforward goes under from releasing shovelware you can always suck dicks in the homeless camp outside your apartment building

Those are the Tiger Brothers, kinda like the Dragon twins. they were the main 'villains' on Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu (Aka: Kunio Power stone 2.)

some footage

Attached: RCG.webm (960x540, 2.65M)

>local multiplayer only

no thanks, whats the point

Use Parsec.

You have everything from cunt punts to curb stomps to use against other girls so take that as you will.

I'll be hanging with the boys instead.

Attached: 1554865800345.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Exactly! It's common sense, these people are begging to let anybody without documents get in USA but they would never let any strange get in their homes, or at least I would hope they don't if they value their security.

Even being mexican I agree with the idea of how undocumented inmigrants shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere just like that, americans are so weird.

because everyone shouldn't be allowed to enter your country, and the people in question would not be permitted entry based upon merit. but people brought in on their merits wouldn't drive for lyft for 3 dollars an hour

yeah, I'll just try and convince my friends to use a bootleg chink third party thing to play a game online

>bootleg
>chink
So you're just shitposting and refuse to use the tools available to you to solve the problem you have. Alright then.

it's not a problem he has. it's a problem the developers have, because they want his thirty bucks.

Or my friends and I could just play a game that already has built in online and takes no fiddling with bootleg chink third parties

>mixing resolutions

Oh HELL no.

Attached: D-ocU0UUwAQeG1e.jpg orig.jpg (1111x1509, 139K)

Fight n Rage isn't $30.

You don't actually play video games anyways, you just shitpost on an Alaskan polar bear skinning forum so it's irrelevant to begin with.

i think kurisu was dlc tho
which means i must have bought her

FUCKING THIS!

Alright, but will there be a dodgeball mini game somewhere?

Attached: 1557285045908.jpg (2000x1207, 830K)

Hoping to snatch a physical copy.

The beat em up games typically don't do that.

I meant getting beaten up, not beating the girls up
I only have 2 hands, I can't play & take care of my shlong.

I want Misako to beat the life out of me!

TMI bro.

i played a better beat'em up that has online natively with my friends just last week

it's nice when a multiplayer game actually lets you play with your friends isn't it

Attached: 31BD59B89D1565B1CBBF54324E1DE4EE73B96A44.jpg (2560x1440, 808K)

does this game have any connection to the actual river City Ransom? same developers or anything? or did they just use river City because it's a beat em down

doubt it but would be a nice mini game
the girls in gym outfits causing some pain

Attached: D-4I_dFWsAAs9f9.jpg (917x1200, 131K)

It's complicated.

explain

It's an officially licensed game. If you don't care about who owns the rights and the only thing you care about is the original staff, River City games haven't been "real" River City games for like 20 years now.

Can I get a quick rundown? Is this a Japanese game localized for the west, or is it a fake geek western game built on beatemup nostalgia?

that shit looks hella gay senpai

Its one part brainswashing one part the people who speak against it get attacked so nonsensical shit keep propagating. If you asked those people to explain why somebody living in a country should be there by illegitimate means they'd probably just call you names.

they used River City, because Arcsys gave WF the liscense.

Also: this game was based on THIS Game.

youtube.com/watch?v=2pN1krUCiXc

The plot is virtually the same, only its more focused on the girls, that are the same girls in this game.

>does this game have any connection to the actual river City Ransom?
Yes. It's part of the series.
>same developers or anything?
No. Arc System Works owns the IP now and WF developing.

FUCK YES
Here, kids, play this game instead of your anime shit.

>or is it a fake geek western game built on beatemup nostalgia?
What?

>beat 'em up thread
>someone doesn't recognize the Capcom Dungeons and Dragons game

What the FUCK

Why did Arc System Works buy the IP and turn it into moe shit

It's literally the game that inspired Dragons Crown.

oh the way the AI rapidly moves back and forth at the start trying to hover over a point in front of you looks fucking terrible. this game may indeed suck.

That game sucks mondo ass though.
I bought it and the DLC and wish I never beat it. I kept hoping it would get better, but it NEVER did.

Do you just not know who ArcSys is or what?

Attached: the best Contra game.jpg (851x315, 78K)

Attached: FB_IMG_1529514485057.png (350x350, 152K)

wayforward hasn't worked on any other kunio-kun games, but they do a lot of licensed games

There were a couple of River City games on the 3DS under Arc that had the budget of a potato.

They're just trying something different.

women are weaker than men

Attached: 1435910041369.jpg (243x240, 20K)

Nothing wrong with a line system (though that game sucks anyways, for different reasons).

Attached: based skeleton.jpg (220x367, 35K)

Line systems are ass.

people are psychic.

Attached: 1562374972071.png (320x617, 162K)

SJWs in the 80s and 90s didnt need social media because they had these things called mouths and could talk to their co-workers and influence the industry from within. But guess what, there were no SJWs in the industry at all back then because they didn't exist in the same form they do today. That's why games like BMX XXX were allowed to get published, and why God of War had sex minigames. These types of things aren't possible now, so your insistence that developers were always like this is retarded, like your mothers when they gave birth to you.

>Streamlined the girls designs to NOT look like delinquents.
>Did the same with Kunio and Riki's design, going so far as to remove Riki's stand out feature from all other characters: His pompadour.
>Weird artstyle between anime and western that does not look appealing.
>Isn't even truly about being girls since you can play as Kunio and Riki later on.

While I wanna support a River City game that isn't using the NES graphics, this just isn't doing it for me. They pretty much took everything that made Kunio-kun games diverse and made it blander.

>These people were A L W A Y S making your games
lmaoooo

Hi zoomer.

guess you missed a lot of the good arcade games

FUCK YEAH I WILL

>one ending, no matter what you do
>gameplay isn't even that good
Fuck this Slav Shit.

Knights of the Round was better. But really, if you played one Capcom beat em up, you played them all. The most innovative thing they did was add AI control for 2P in Final Fight 3.

kek
Dilate, not going to buy this trash.

Attached: dilate.jpg (1338x738, 163K)

>They pretty much took everything that made Kunio-kun games diverse
The thing that made Kunio games diverse was an incredibly popular trend from the 80's that tons of games, manga, anime, TV shows, and movies used nonstop? Nothing else?

yup

Attached: twitter.com akstn_tako D-m-nSOUEAAJn1E.jpg orig.jpg (1000x986, 156K)

it's just social pressure to manipulate you into giving people that hate you money
which you should or shouldn't do at your leisure idc

What's it like existing with such a smooth brain

>better
Yeah, when everyone goes physical. Otherwise, this game has more spell-pauses than fucking Secret of Mana.

You can eat my ass.

Technically all beat em ups have a line system, except most are arbitrary and you just line up with the enemy sprites. Explicit lines are needlessly restrictive and don't really do anything that you couldn't do otherwise.

You sure are making your point with your spewing of shitposting buzzwords.

Please respond.

Present your ass

>knights of the round was better
Excuse you, madam?

Attached: dwarf not giving a fuck.jpg (850x1207, 361K)

The later, the faggot creator is even badmouthing Trump.

Is there a sukeban character?

Alright.

Attached: hurr.png (170x309, 43K)

>But really, if you played one Capcom beat em up, you played them all.
But Battle Circuit exists and that's Capcom's finest

I can't eat that out user

Okay, fine, I'll give you a consolation prize.

Attached: parfait.jpg (275x183, 7K)

I mean I want your boipussy user, let me eat it, it will feel good.

is that it? is that the screenshot everyone always posts in this thread then delete? who the fuck cares?

You don't understand user, he doesn't agree with my personal political beliefs, that means we must boycott his game and call him a cuck. It's the most important thing in the world that all people believe the same things I do only.

>Moeshit

i will refer you to .

Fuck. Thanks for the heads up.

A developer can hate Trump all they want, I don't care. But a western dev in current year will ALWAYS find a way to force that shit into their games. Fuck that.

angry girl

Attached: twitter.com hikolow D-rtV6vUEAITbLL.png orig.png (626x738, 331K)

imagine you lamers trying to appeal to pluralism and tolerance lmao

it would not even play with the physics of the Kunio Kun games just like double Dragon Neon and the western modern Double Dragons didnt played like the original Double Dragon games or even Return of Double Dragon

>kyouko looks cutesy and happy the majority of the time
>misako is practically frothing at the mouth with anger in every frame of animation
god that's hot

I don't know why SJWs are so obsessed with 80s anime

you fucking zoomers are so gay it makes me cringe so hard my toenails pop off
die

Men don't have pussies

King of Dragons was an Awesometastic game, but kinda weird that instead of combos you do single attacks and was more on crowd control, even having projectile attacks for characters.

only happy when about to beat shit up

Attached: twitter.com daikai6 D-kxfY7UIAAxslk.jpg orig.jpg (1200x642, 140K)

Decided not to buy it after seeing this the other day. Not willingly giving money to people like this.

SHIELDS ARE FOR PUSSIES

Attached: elf.png (258x229, 51K)

Kyoko can be mischievous sometimes.

Attached: River-City-Girls-Carry.jpg (1920x1080, 334K)

>bus sign colors

Attached: 7up.jpg (300x168, 7K)

I'm a little worried that the game might carry some hamfisted "girl power" message, but I hope it's easy enough to ignore for good combat mechanics.

None of WF's other games have "girl power" nonsense in them so I doubt this will be any different.

yep... but I will hold a little for a physical release confirmation

ohh... I like the ones that fight, an easy boipussy is no challenge at all
Oh they do, we all do.

That artstyle is so fucking ugly. There is zero detail to the sprites.

Attached: shamefur_dispray.jpg (470x470, 70K)

Double dragon tho

This game actually game to mind when I saw the announcement for River City Girls. My cousin used to played this on his SNES emulator when we were kids so it's actually pretty cool to see it coming back in a way.

shantae definitely does

How the fuck does this look better while being 25 years older?

You're a retard and have no idea what you're talking about.

im 6'3 and hairy as fuck you dont want my ass

I could use a good beat em up. Honestly for me it's all going to come down to the soundtrack. Hoping for something less pop and more like this: youtube.com/watch?v=cOoHnP-LWHs

>But really, if you played one Capcom beat em up, you played them all.

lolno they're all really distinct, even when they share some of the same mechanics. Can't compare KOTR with King of Dragons or D&D. They're all fantasy games but KoD is based entirely around crowd control with simple but tight bosses and even ranged characters while D&D is all about more realistic movement, really strong single enemies, spell/item rationing and other rpg elements. Armored Warriors plays nothing like the other games too, and Final Fight is still in a league of its own.

i think it looks pretty cute
as for detail i don't think we're going to get detailed pixel art anymore

A mostly female cast does not equal "girl power"

i think some of them are into that

What?

This. For the rest of my life.

Fight N Rage and possibly The Takeover

this is a quality post from someone who actually played the games

Attached: 1347820986504.jpg (2271x2696, 705K)

The funny part is that this looks worse than some games on DLsite but definitely LOOKS like a game off DLsite. Somewhat disappointed, really.

fight'n rage is also on sale on steam for five dollars

>32-bit Sprites
That's a negative for me dog

Wait, cut off the presses.
Unrelated: SOR4 has no platform yet? What the fuck?

Will definitely second Fight'N Rage.

Attached: twitter.com AWDtwit D-0Foh_VUAA1x7a.jpg orig.jpg (2048x2047, 898K)

have sex

I honestly don't really care for where they're going with SOR4. Got my fill of SOR with Remake and I doubt that DotEmu can do better.

Why the fuck Arcsys dont make a game like uprising?

They've got too much other shit going on making 17 fighting games.

Attached: D-sgMG7UYAATsvg.png orig.png (900x660, 131K)

Yeah I love me some belt scrolling action games, it's such an underrated genre. Obviously good fun for bro-op credit feeding but also a blast as single player games if you go for a 1cc.

Attached: il_794xN.398839537_im4l.jpg (794x1059, 191K)

I bought it on GOG for $20. If I'm going to buy something, I might as well give the devs what it's worth. If I want to be a cheap asshole I can just pirate.

Attached: twitter.com LMolistar D-3ztS8WkAAu1ac.png orig.png (348x288, 3K)

i bought it on steam when it came out, for whatever price it was then, but a game has to be pretty bad to not be worth $5. it's probably a tempting price point for someone that might otherwise be skeptical of advice from Yea Forums
you do you tho

Tokyo Rumble did.

these sprites are better.

Attached: RCM KyoMisa.png (400x188, 5K)

Typically doesn't mean never.

Attached: oy.png (328x275, 24K)

obviously those win, but i was meaning the RCR style in general.

I decided to give it a go tonight after I got it running on wine. Really good. I started with Gal and played to stage 6. I need to dig out my gamepad to get the most out of it, I think.

Attached: twitter.com ktwfc D-t8j4YU0AANJrq.jpg (1008x1008, 98K)

>Rescue your boyfriend!
No. Big gay.

Attached: 1541978879859.jpg (454x350, 19K)

SJW's trying to one up the fans of anime by claiming to enjoy the classics and strong arm them out of the their own fandom because "anime grill with big boobs offends me". All while not realising japan doesn't give a single fuck about them or their market and will not cater to their sjw bullshit. its why its so easy to pirate, they literally dont want our filthy gaijin bucks

>women exist
>this intimidates me
its a cutesy platformer, i cant imagine how badly you sperg out seeing women in public.

I want Kyoko to smash my face in with her baseball bat

who says I am intimidated? I dont care about girl power shit or feminism but you cant deny its there

Same.

>they make mildly entertaining fan service games with yuri b8
Fixed that for you.

>japanese names
>Western school lockers

Attached: 1542081158778.png (600x550, 34K)

I wonder what "Mega-Wendies" was mistranslated from.

may you live the dream one day user

Attached: twitter.com HuGi_9311 D-zqdRrUYAA49Hs.jpg orig.jpg (1280x1024, 180K)

i still cannot believe no one from the gaming press or well, ANYONE bothered to record proper footage of the game.

If it plays more like a technical fighter AKA Double Dragon Neon, I might buy this on sale some day.

Seriously though, Neon is incredibly fun once you wrap your head around all the moves they can perform. The hitstun and hit effects are REALLY satisfying too. Too bad they had to include an RPG system though. I HATE RPG systems in brawlers, as games with them are almost always balanced around forcing you to grind to beat the game, making it nearly impossible to 1CC in the process, and
simultaneously removing the skill needed if you grind too much.

yeah. the lack of proper footage is kinda a pain

Attached: twitter.com balmsold D-u9s3cWwAEQlJP.png orig.png (600x500, 26K)

I know nothing about this game and I will most likely not buy it. However, it looks very interesting so I will probably give it a pirate.