Hideo Kojima: Master Storyteller

Will you attend Yea Forums?

Attached: Yikesjima.jpg (1440x2199, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1jPWGEoyJHY
youtube.com/watch?v=hGfu6AGkgHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kojima is a hack. His stories are convoluted and poorly planned out.

The time he spends writing the story is probably 90% trailer footage then 10% linking plot points together.

Refn and Storyteller don't belong in the same sentence.

Jesus Christ who will attend this shit?

Attached: IMG_20190707_201601.jpg (1235x1235, 192K)

Damn, Refen looks completely different without his glasses.

what an absolute cringefest that will be.

Konami was right.

So he's doing his own panel wehre he'll tell everyone else how good he is?

The writing and gameplay in MGS peaked with 3. Everything after that is total garbage.

I unironically would, Refn is a legend of autism.

>master storyteller
>the guy that came up with Hot Coldman
Kojima is overrated as fuck.

Can't he just start making movies already?

MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3 weren't even written by him only

Master Storyteller is the name of the panel.

>ah yes it was all me Fukushima does not exist

>The writing and gameplay in MGS peaked with 3.
Sounds like a terrible franchise.

>being a shitty secondary
Cuck

What's funny is that MGS drones, even after turning against Kojima, still unironically imply MGS1, 2 and 3 were good, when they are literal movie games with some of the worst storytelling in videogames, specially MGS1.

He's already doing it.
He made MGSV and, even after focusing entirely on the gameplay, you shat on it and focused entirely on the story.
So he's giving you what you clearly want, a movie where the gameplay is irrelevant.

Mgs is unironically the best game series ever, and thats a fact. So fuck you all.

>master story teller
>after the shitshow that was mgsv's story

I feel numb

Pretentious liberals with way too much money, hence why it is at San Diego, the capital of homeless people pooping in the streets.

Attached: san francisco poop.png (900x452, 110K)

Listen nigga, I like MGS a whole lot and that's absolute bullshit. Something's gotta give.

>San Diego = San Francisco

Attached: 1555538836615.png (817x891, 32K)

>Jesus Christ who will attend this shit?
geoff keighley

When will Yea Forums accept that people in the real world think differently than them?
Whenever Yea Forums has an opinion, think the opposite, and that's what the majority thinks.

>master storyteller
>Ocelot was just pretending to be liquid

Attached: 1421834892058.jpg (395x401, 59K)

When are Geoff and Hideo going to tie the knot?

Refn have no recognizable feature on his face, I don't see any resemblance with him and his CGI character

>Liquid threatened to nuke the US because he didn't understand a thing about genes
>the true rulers of the US crashed an ultra advanced ship in new york just to prove that they could do it
>a woman is the one that gave birth to special forces

>refn
>kojima
>master storyteller

Attached: 1561928587092.webm (640x640, 2.48M)

kojima and friends continues to be the most embarrassing circlejerk in the entertainment industry

No

Oh yeah, Kojima didn't even write those games.

I like how Yea Forums pretends that they were never part of that circlejerk, and that that circlejerk wasn't broken because he didn't give you a movie game, despite complaining that DS is going to be a movie.

That you?

Attached: Suckmydick.jpg (1440x500, 161K)

>and that that circlejerk wasn't broken because he didn't give you a movie game
Who's the nigger that keeps peddling this revisionism? MGSV was shat on because it's an unfinished half of a game with dissatisfying scenario design and heavily recycled assets and levels. They didn't even finish populating the overworld with animals or varied objectives.

No, I would never meet a videogame developer.
Videogame developers are lesser people.

If he has so many hollywood friends why hasn't he made a real movie yet?

Since when do MGS redditors care about gameplay?
You praise MGS1, 2 and 3, even though the gameplay of those are garbage and, by far, some of the worst stealth games ever made.

Oh so you're just shitposting, thanks for saving me my time.

More like Master Baiter lmao

Attached: 1555290362382.png (960x876, 114K)

Nice copout to act as if MGSV wouldn't have been praised if it had a full story but with the exact same shitty gameplay.
I mean, you ate up MGS up until now, and I really doubt it's because of the gameplay.

I really, really hope this will be filmed and made available online.

MGS was known for it's arcadey but open form systems that granted the player a lot of agency in tackling scenarios. Even the classic MGS games didn't actually force you to watch anything you didn't want to. You could play the series like an arcade game after any first playthrough, skipping anything you didn't want to watch. They also had a massive attention to detail, foreseeing the almost insanely niche things players might try to do in real time gameplay.

Reminder:
youtube.com/watch?v=1jPWGEoyJHY

Attached: Friedkin.jpg (1306x736, 87K)

Has any other game developer been this full of himself?

Attached: 226B1BD9-AFEF-4A56-8AC4-36326E899DB5.jpg (1024x987, 81K)

It really feels like Kojima is playing Roulette with his reputation on this coming game and that he's either going to strike fortune and be redeemed forever or become the next level Todd Howard for the next 5 years if this game goes bust.

Attached: Goose staring at Refn's autism.webm (720x405, 3M)

Embarrassing post

>he's either going to strike fortune and be redeemed forever
Do you actually think there's any chance of this? Really? REALLY?

I'd love to see Refn's autism in person.

>threw a table at a wall in film school and got expelled, then re-did the scene in Bronson
>directed Drive even though he failed his driver's license exam like 7 times
>directed OGF only so he could visit toy shops in Thailand then got upset because his wife put his toys in the attic
>can't shoot his movies in non-chronological order
>color blind
>dyslexic
>lost virginity at 24
>proposed to his first girlfriend (now wife), she initially said no but kept the ring
>daughter doesn't call him Dad or Papa, calls him "Jang" the same nickname used by his adult friends and family
>believes in Thai ghosts because his daughter sees them and Jodo told him some spooky shit reading tarot cards
>literally wears a towel when he's shooting a movie to keep his energy inside him or something
>can't pick his own clothes, wife does it for him
>Mads says he can't talk to him outside of movie sets because he can literally only talk about cinema
>kissed Goose on the red carpet at Cannes
>kissed Elle on the red carpet at Cannes
>cried on live Danish TV
>talked about fucking on live British TV
>has deluded himself into thinking he's close friend with David Lynch, randomly brings up "David" in conversations, while other people have no idea who he's talking about
>despite his wife trying her best to dress him correctly, he still attends event dressed like a teenager while everyone else is dressed properly
>almost got to his now wife to run away on their second date because he told her he was going to show her a beautiful, emotional film and then forced her to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
>described The Neon Demon as being about him picturing himself as a 16-year-old girl
>constantly kept mentioning that Elle Fanning had "just turned eighteen" at Cannes until there was little more than awkward silence in response to that notion
>has no chin

Attached: Refn directs the Sonic movie.jpg (1680x940, 144K)

Refn is an actual artist. Kojima is a hack working on a hackish medium.

You cant compare Drive to MGS1. Any single shot in Drive has 10x more artistic merit than whole Kojima games.

And regarding "storytelling" (which is HOW you tell the story, not how cool or interesting the story is)
Does Kojima even use his medium to tell a story? Kojima just splits a movie in between of fragments of game. Frankly its some of the poorest story telling you could think of.

In comparisson, Refn uses his medium perfectly to tell the story. Not just through the script. You can see and feel the character tensions in the compositions of each frame. He uses all the tools at his disposal to tell the story.

The gameplay in metal gear has always been great.

I didn't state chances, I just said the outcome is going to be stark. Why do you think I picked roulette as an analogy? He's betting it all on black and he's either going to come out of this looking like a genius or a retard.

>the Goose will never violently penetrate you

Attached: Hornely and Lony.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

Drive is fucking fantastic movie.

Attached: hero_EB20110914REVIEWS110919988AR.jpg (1200x500, 79K)

Kojima has been far up his ass since MGS4.

Don't mind me, just being underrated kino.

Attached: Valhalla Rising.jpg (356x500, 39K)

Refn hasn't really made any great movies (except maybe Pusher III), but he's an absolutely hilarious character.

youtube.com/watch?v=hGfu6AGkgHY

Drive was great
Neon Demon is a mess, but I liked it
Didn't see Only God Forgives

Geoff and hideo kojima have been butt buddies for decades at this point, they're going to jerk each other off either way, no need for me to get involved.

Attached: leemptygame.jpg (1920x1080, 961K)

C-Cute