Killing Floor franchise sells close to 10 million units with $100 million in earnings

vg247.com/2019/05/15/killing-floor-10-million-units-100-million-revenue/

Attached: boELfnh3w2StlbVZd2RG1DP3H0h9VITDHGSruff0wtE.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

lost abit of respect for them since tripwire made that shark game an epic exclusive, but whatever, im glad KF is successful

>killing floor
wow
its
nothing

killing bore lol

So Microtransactions are gonna be a regular thing for future KF games

Attached: 1529816317063.jpg (217x266, 26K)

Too bad the second one is shit compared to the first one on almost every level.

Attached: laugh.jpg (450x337, 47K)

except one of the most fundamental levels, hitboxes :^)

and gunplay
and enemies

Attached: sod off.png (500x375, 155K)

how? I could have sworn KF2 was a complete flop. Explains why they let Red Orchestra get taken over by some nobodies who are trash at map design.

I sort of understand why, there's no way that shit was gonna make a profit. Might as well go for some quick cash from Epic paying the difference.
Not happy about it mind you, but I understand.

KF vs KF2 is the epitome of SOUL vs SOULLESS

Attached: kf.png (739x500, 159K)

>Yea Forums screams KF2 is shit and dead.
>KF2 stays around with constant updates and a larger player base then KF1.

Yea Forums just crying that they were wrong or just trying to be whiny contrarians.

Attached: 1535566748969.jpg (427x245, 21K)

>Hitboxes
I can't remember the difference between them from each game since it's been a while but yeah they're better in the second one for sure.

>Gunplay
I'll agree with you that this was way better in 2, they did a great job with animating every little feature on the guns.

>enemies
I haven't played the game in forever, having more than just the patriarch is really good but who decided it was a good idea to add in D.A.R robots as enemies?

Also pic related still isn't in the game yet.

Attached: Portrait_haroldlott.PNG.png (310x459, 100K)

yeah DAR are still fucking dumb, they should've been husk style cyborgs or something

I must have missed what happened last summer.

Kf3 when. Please, make a noncringe game tripwire

And to elaborate to not sound like a zoomer shit
We all know kf2 improved some and absolutely scrapped some features from my biggest issue is probably the theme
It went from horror shooter (kf1) to fuck yeah br00tal we listen to METAL (kf2)

>they haven't been that way since the first KF
The ones in 2 are better than the ones in 1 because they don't lock weapons behind $ in 2.

>Article calls out a specific figure for money the games made.
>Doesn't just say it made 'lodes.'

One job.

I wish the art style wasn't overall worse, though. A lot of the cosmetics also clash and don't really go with the majority of the cast either.

I never said KF2 is dead, I just said that KF2 is shit, which it totally fucking is.

i just want something grittier, even grittier than kf1 honestly.
i want some scary ass looking mother fuckers, punchy ass powerful guns, i want a game that plays like KF but looks and feels like Silent Hill

play kf beta

where can i download it

that's great, now make Red Orchestra 3 you fucks

Attached: 1554988763758.png (224x224, 104K)

I enjoyed KF1, but it was only a good game during it's time of release. Today KF1 is nothing special.

Is KF2 any better or more of the same?

moddb would be your best bet since it started out as a mod

on a gameplay / technical point, its better in every way, but it certainly lost alot of its charm

KF2 is absolutely slathered in polish when it comes to the gore and guns, but it's still the same game offering the same thing.

The biggest difference is do you want gameplay DLC packs or an obnoxious cosmetic system.

Attached: 1444969886193.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

>Modern Tripwire making RO3

I don't know man...

>KF2 is a success so Yea Forums hates it
What a joke this board is.
>M-MUH KF1
Not even close to being as popular or keeping a base like KF2 did.

Attached: 1540613200063.jpg (720x539, 39K)

Surprise! People hate shitty sequels. This has been a thing in the gaming community for decades. Thanks for your attention, retard. You can now fuck off.

unironically couldn't enjoy this game because I have no friends

KF2 maps are really hit or miss. Some are fucking terrible.

KF1 maps were great with how they were actually large urban areas WITH DOORS TO WELD

>People hate shitty sequels
Literally more popular and has held a base longer and more consistent than KF1.
You're making shit up because you're mad that it didn't go the EXACT way you wanted it.
You can keep crying like a whiny faggot but numbers don't lie. But your bitch ass does.

Attached: 1560374350172.png (298x415, 53K)

Love it, hope they add objective mode to more maps

So what was wrong with KF2 exactly? No memes.

Attached: 5ed2405.gif (660x512, 2.39M)

The second game has shitty maps that serve up zeds too slow. And all around there are fewer zeds but with more health, compared to KF1. The pacing is slow and boring.
In fact, if you play on a KF1 map in KF2, it helps the pacing quite a bit and immediately becomes more enjoyable.

Also, there's the fact that KF2 is supposed to be a sequel, but is more like a reboot. Considering how little new stuff there is, and how lame and uncreative anything that IS new is. It feels like it's been made by people who are trying to replicate KF1, rather than made by people who want to evolve KF1 into a new game.

On the bright side you can find those weapons for absolute piss-cheap on G2A or similar key-resellers.

>KF2
>better in the gameplay department
Maybe if you enjoy playing on consoles. The game rewards good aim and clutch plays far less. There are lots of hidden modifiers to zeds that used to be cancerously bad (only certain classes could reasonably kill certain zeds). But really the big thing is how the games handle spawns and decision making. KF1 is about space management. It rewards smart combo play, door welding, etc. KF2 rewards danger mitigation since zed spawning is retarded and they will teleport around. I mean yeah, they are rather similar games, but they really do offer different things to the end-user once you get up to suicidal/HoE

The DAR robots in normal gameplay really are shit though, even fanboys on the Steam discussion forums and the like fucking hate it and how jarring they are to the rest of the game's tone.

Lots of retarded: "Hey, I have an idea to shake things up" where the game would be made absolutely stupid. Zeds used to teleport in front of your face, classes used to be super fucking imbalanced. They added damage resist to zeds where certain classes had to just unload on the zeds which resisted them, etc

Those robots are fucking terrible.

The only good new Zed is the Gas Crawler because it rewards you for shooting at the head rather than punishing you.

Keep Seething 1 guy in the thread.
KF2 will always be a bigger success and if they make KF3 it will be just like KF2 because KF1 couldn't hold or make jack shit for money.
I hope your Le Money Man meme is enough for you to jerk yourself off to while you cry yourself to sleep over how unfair Wire is for not pandering right to you and you alone.

Attached: 1558015326852.gif (350x300, 1.99M)

it got annoying in KF1 how you'd sometimes have one guy running laps around the map after everyone else had died. A good player could slowly pick them off, but it would take forever, and people would end up leaving the game instead of waiting around for it to end.

Agreed

It would be dumb of them not to. Everyone with a brain cell knew what was happening as soon as consoles were brought up. It's just a shame it brought down the sharpness of gameplay with it.

Same thing happens in KF2 still. Even with teleporting zeds.

I don't disagree with this at all. I'm ultimately okay with it (but understand why most people would view otherwise and it would be less popular) just because it shows how good of a skill ceiling the game has rather than just doing things out of player control. You can actually still do this on certain maps in 2, but it's way more difficult just due to zeds teleporting.

So

They will be removed from the Steam Store?

Robots
FPs/Scrakes with a chance of spawning enraged on Suicidal/HoE
Armosphere

The berserker perk actively makes these games worse
Change my mind

Suicidal is the game at its most fun

For some reason it really attracts Rambo / nothing personnel faggots

KF2 is great, anyone who thinks KF1 has better gameplay mechanics is a coping 3rd worlder who only has a toaster and can't actually run KF2. The same poorfag always shows up to whine in these threads.

>4 zerks and a medic
I don't even want to imagine that cancer

>10m units sold
>only $100m in revenue
How? Did they gave out most of them for free?

what happened?

Attached: lol.png (752x430, 155K)

It was never a normie game, it only had a brief moment in the sun.

It's what I usually play on, but mostly because of teammate RNG. Suicidal with a good team on a map that isn't shit is pretty easy.

Popularity goes up and down with events and the game has been out for four years now.
>Still only one new weapon added for Gunslingers
That's the reason I'm not playing right now.

>KF2 has 139 weapons
HAHAHAHA okay

why did this warrant the need of a thread?

I for one welcome the excuse to have a KF thread.

>took a while to get weapons that weren't a linearly-increasing scale of power and instead provide options at each "tier" of weaponry, often including not having weapons that were in the original game until recently like the MAC-10 for firebug

We can make another wojak edit OH NO NO NO NO thread if you want.

Attached: 1448498068933.jpg (1833x1313, 550K)

The problem with KF2 is that it took way too long to get to where its at. "Early Access done right" fucked up a shit ton of people's perspective on the game.

Was it any more than retards buying an unfinished game and then reeeing about how it wasn't finished? I don't see how that's on Tripwire.

People are going to judge you based on the product you sell
Fuck tripwire and fuck tripwire apologists

It had legitimate issues besides lack of content, user. They kept fucking with what was there and not in positive ways while the entire community had backlash. Then there were decisions that just made zero sense, like weapons without a perk behind them in a game where you level by using perk weapons.

A shame there just isn't much to discuss. I too love KF.

More like people buying the game and then Tripwire promising "EA done right" only to take 6 god damn fucking months to add in two sharpshooter weapons and prioritize adding in CS:GO lootboxes over actual content. Tripwire is absolutely at fault for all the bad rep they got during the EA period and its well fucking deserved.

Rework survivalist or put in the original martial artist you cunts. Also SS still being clutch in HoE is retarded. So many games are just SS and health spam when playing HoE, balance sucks and it's repetitive as fuck.

Should've lost respect for them when they started implementing microtransaction in KF2 especially during the Early Access phase without releasing all the character classes first.

KF2 is boring as shit and an arcadey shooter. They lost the tension and spacing in the old game, you can just run away for the most part now.

It's just too easy to set up chokepoints or holdouts and retreat in KF2. KF1 at HOE required you to actually mind your surroundings and pick your shots as well as prioritize zeds since you couldn't easily run away. Most people just sprint away in KF2 now while Zerker and medic cover.

>1 commando for trash killing
>1/2 field medics depending how shit you are
>3/4 sharpshooters for grenade and headshot spam
It's so easy it's antifun. Made worse by people refusing to play harder maps, making you endlessly stuck on Burning Paris or whatever current map has glitches to abuse.

I know I'm going to be called smalltime, but I think KF1 has better gameplay mechanics. It isn't better in all ways, but it is better. It's actually fairly analogous to the MH/MHW debate. KF2 changes quite a bit from KF1

Attached: smalltime.jpg (654x202, 19K)

>Lame/Forgettable Music
this is entirely subjective but there's really only one decent new track in all of KF2, the rest is horrible or bland
>Awful Maps
loading into a KF1 map in KF2 instantly improves the experience so much it's crazy.
>Vestigial New Enemies
The DAR robots, the Gorefiend, and the Fartcrawler don't add anything to the game. The robots in particular are boring bulletsponge enemies that exist only to be redundant filler instead of new challenges
>One-Sided Class Design
To be fair this has been mitigated somewhat since launch, and KF1 was hardly perfect, but many of the class abilities are just dogshit. Most classes have clear weapon and ability BIS choices that you will never move from, defeating the purpose of expanding the class system in the first place. On top of that they really should have expanded the existing KF1 classes with new stuff rather than fracture shit up into shit like Gunslinger and SWAT, think 3 ability choices per 5 levels.

>They lost the tension and spacing in the old game, you can just run away for the most part now.

It's because players figured out how the spawning works. They teleport where you're going, Plus industry standard is like Fortnite shit updates so all other game developers sink a slow death.

>endlessly stuck on Burning Paris
Biotics Lab before they opened up the upper hallway was all you could play for like a month. Then Outpost took over because lol it has three fucking glitched spots. Right now isn't too bad for the most part.

They don't play games

Zeds in 1 don't teleport at all. Zeds in 2 teleport so it makes the most sense to go to the chokepoint of a map and set up camp. There are only a few maps in 1 you can reliably do this and only with big groups. Also if one person fucks up you can't just sprint away.

Wanted to add I mostly play HoE, for what it's worth

Forgot to mention
>Cosmetics/Microtransactions
they are extremely garish, jewish, legitimately took focus and effort away from actual content for over a year. Its not really the worst since it is totally cosmetic (unlike the horrific cheat-DLC weapons from the end of KF1, which fucking killed the game by trivializing HoE). Regardless it's still a part of the game that left a bad taste in my mouth, a game like Killing Floor absolutely should not have this bullshit.

>cheat DLC weapons in KF1
???

Most kf2 maps break down to
>Is there a big open area
>Are there limited ways for them to approach/spawn
>Camp there the entire match
You will never weld doors, and there are too many classes.

KF1 just gets better the better the hardware you get. Game feels responsive and snappy at high framerates that even KF2 doesn't show. Kf2 feels like mollases compared to KF1.

Even in HoE, Buzzsaw bow makes mincemeat of Scrakes, FPs, and the Patriarch. The Scythe makes mincemeat of trash. a full team of Buzzsaw bows could kill the Patriarch more or less instantly with no risk, it was fucking lame.

>hurrr durr game's store page tells me it's unfinished, but I'll buy it and complain about its unfinished state anyway
Fuck retard apologists.

The buzzsaw was overtuned but Zerker didn't even need it and scythe was legitimately worse than Katana. Pipe stacking was way more effective than everyone going buzzsaw (in fact I would say buzzsaw ended up being better in 2 than 1) and something like Katana/trench/handcannon was a better loadout for most waves. I admit the buzzsaw and the flare gun were legit picks, but they were the only DLC weapons regularly even used. Of all of the DLC. And even then, they were not wholly considered superior to other weapon loadouts.

>release shit game for sale
>hurr why are people calling our game shit

Not him but I think people were more frustrated that tripwire focused on extraneous shit like cosmetics and took forever to actually put content in the game. Their priorities were really fucking off base for a long time, didn't help that they bungled RO2 at the same time for similar reasons.

>release

True, and they deserved flack for that.

I feel you're downplaying the buzzsaw, I really don't care about the scythe as much but the buzzsaw was an instant win button for HoE in a way that nothing else came close to. To be clear I'm not complaining that you had to use it or anything, just that it trivialized the game's hardest difficulty while also costing money literally pay2win.

We're all the same. Don't bother arguing with the sperg over what your experience is. The general consensus is clear itt, KF2 is not better.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (618x193, 32K)

I really liked playing it on kf1. It was fun to do clean up and scrake duty. Very fun. There were many useless people that did it, but that's the same with any class.

I just wish 2 had the same atmosphere as 1, and didn't half ass the lewdness and grotesqueness of the zeds. Also the map design in 2 is so much worse, theres no point in barricading or anything anymore. I wish they'd either remaster kf1 or make a kf1 map pack.

kf2 is garbage
>lame futuristic aesthetic, trader ruined
>maps look neat but play terribly
>launched with fuck all content
>berzerker and medic ruined, survivalist is failure
>sprint fucks pacing, just kite around the map easily
>HOE is a joke, any class can kill FP/ SC
>grungy, comical atmosphere ruined

HOWEVER
>better guns and gore system
>MUH GRAPHICS
>gunslinger finally a perk
>endless mode is fun
>other bosses than pat is nice

LOADS A EMONE

>that berserker main who only likes playing on maps that are easy to kite on

Attached: noob.jpg (994x725, 115K)

KF1 was good because the maps were quake/doom inspired, people were porting mobs over from those games, the zombies were actually difficult and you couldn't run away. The bosses were actually bosses.

KF2 is alright, but it's not as tense, it's pretty boring. Any class can just run away from whatever threat. It's like a kite simulator.

Yeah, I agree, it really is soul vs soulless

Nah, I am treating it appropriately. Flares ares pretty much universally seen as the OP weapon of that DLC pack. Buzzsaw is very good but in 6 man HOE you still need multiple headshots on a FP and it isn't a quick weapon. In fact, most combos for killing 6HOE with buzzsaw is a melee head hit and three sawblades.

I dunno what the demographic for kf2 is, the class system was immediately overwhelming with three different versions of the same roll. I don't understand why they didn't make the specialities some prestige item you equip to specialize you for those weapons while your base class controls your stats.
>Heavy base class
>Increased resilience
>Increased damage with melee weapons
>Better control over heavy weapons
Prestige: Berserker
>Bonuses to blocking actively and swinging
>Chain combos?
Hybrid prestige: grenadier
>Better control of heavy weapons
>Resistant to explosive damage (your own and Arty guys)
I dunno, just thinking but there should only be five base classes that you level

>put it on a store available for sale
>selling mtx as well
>not released

This is the only time I understand soul vs soulless

Doesn't change that an EA release is different from a game's actual release. Expecting EA to not be a shitshow in some way or another is supremely retarded.

I disagree, but agree that the choices each perk has needs to be balanced better. Well, that and survivalist shouldn't have ever existed + swat needs to be heavily reworked. Let's be honest though, SWAT exists as a console-friendly class. Large ammo pools.

I think SWAT is a nice way of letting people play a second Commando without being as useless as a second commando thanks to the flashbangs being very handy.

Tripwire are still communist faggots that think it's okay to silence racism.
Fuck 'em

Why does KF2 crash a lot, as well as booting taking forever?

Try verifying the game's files through steam. If you don't give a shit about custom content you can delete all of it to lighten up load times. Even without them loading will take fucking forever though. No clue why.

Killing floor 1trannies are angry they have to remake their weeb mobs and are too autistic to cope with change happening in a sequel
Then we have the pretend fags who heard old kf1 boomers didn't like kf2 in early access and so they continue to hate it despite playing neither and will tell you the game is a dead failure because Forsen and summit don't play it

It's boring as is because with so many classes rolling around you will only ever use 2-3 weapons still. Others are clearly outmatched (see people saying cheese it with sharpshooters etc) instead of balanced composition of an engineer, medic, melee specialist, firebro, sharpshooter, and cleanup bro. Then with perks that would change your comp playstyle
>Swat now revolves around riot shield mainstay to tank
>Has grenades with debuffs and weak smg backup
>Gunslinger is like a sharpshooter but for trash instead of special
>Also can use raging bull or shotgun pistols for variety, weak bonuses to flareguns

I wouldn't be complaining if was just missing perks
It was released in a shit state and they put in lootboxes before finishing the base game
Suck more tripwire cock you literal faggot

> early access done right
> *adds lootcrates*

You're only going to use specific loadouts because the nature of the game will make certain weapons just straight up better in most situations. People don't play in the same teams enough to actually specialize and Tripwire would be retarded (sadly) to balance the game that way-- so instead you have a bunch of watered down all-rounders and the worst classes (SWAT) are ones that have no reasonable hope of being an effective all-rounder. This is compounded when design decisions seem to be made not solely aimed at HoE, probably because most players don't play that and they are in the business of microtransactions now.

KF1 had weapon issues as well but perks had to specialize a bit more and oftentimes playerskill was a determining factor on loadout more than just the weapons themselves. Sharp is the best example of this. Crossbow loadouts were straight up inferior to LAR/M14, but the latter was infinitely more difficult to play.

>SWAT exists as a console-friendly class. Large ammo pools.
I have no problem with this. What SWAT should have been was an LMG class that focused on giving more ammo per mag, faster firing rate with less recoil if standing still, and gave all kinds of bonuses to bodyshots. Make all the ZEDs coming at you halt completely as you stumble all of them with a bullet shower and turn them into swiss cheese without needing to aim for the head because every single god damn bullet based class in this game has to aim for the head, this would make SWAT play very differently and be friendly to people who can't pull headshots nonstop all the time at all times.

But no, we get an MP5 with 80 bullets in its magazine instead and Medic get ugly sci-fi plastic guns that don't even feel good to shoot in a game all about gun porn.

Attached: 1520063198871.gif (291x300, 2.92M)

You owned that dude. Gg.

That's never going to be balanced, though. A class great at bodyshots will either be OP or underwhelming and guess what SWAT's issue is right now? Underwhelming. Not having to aim doesn't solve an issue. Any class can do okay enough at trash cleanup and many classes do it better (firebug being the better example of a bodyshot class done correctly because the damage ticks limits OPness). SWAT's guns should have been given to commando and the idea of a shield + being a tank should have been given to medic in a way that he has to stop healing but becomes a literal blockade for a chokepoint for a set amount of abuse.

Cool thread, I'll be booting up the game for the first time in a while. Hopefully kf3 doubles down on objectives.