Metroid is in a dire situation at the moment. Absolutely no news on prime 4...

Metroid is in a dire situation at the moment. Absolutely no news on prime 4, no mention of her anniversary for a decade now, and Nintendo just seems fit to ignore her entirely. Why does Nintendo hate the series so much?

Attached: 7e06203f16fc1ee73a89364d0047414f-700.jpg (1030x700, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-is-not-metroid-dread
hobbyconsolas.com/listas/asi-hizo-metroid-samus-returns-entrevista-yoshio-sakamoto-279253
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because making a 'good' metroid game requires effort.
Shitting out a mario, zelda or pokemon is easy.

If things would have turned as planned, we'd be getting the new Prime game right about now. Mercurysteam is working on a new 2D Metroid for switch. Have some perspective, it could be a lot worse.

Attached: bricked.png (500x700, 212K)

Why do Sonyfags always have to shitpost?

Incompetence

Not to mention prime 4 is also missing an art director.
Which you'd think they would've had by now but apparently not.

>Absolutely no news on prime 4

because it just restarted development a few months ago

>sony fag

Uhhh, but I like Metroid? Which has been a Nintendo exclusive series forever? I think I'm missing something here.

victim complex general

Metroid 5 is in development and you're bitching that Prime 4 got delayed because Nintendo didn't want another Other M situation, be happy for what you got.

>Metroid 5 is in development
[citation needed]

>a fairly recent reimagining of a classic
>Prime and 5 both in development despite setbacks
>people seem to think theres a good chance of a Switch Prime Trilogy release
All things considered, Metroid is in a better place right now than its been in quite some time.

I just hope they introduce some new powers and upgrades in the next game.
While the series tends to retread itself a fair bit I just want a few new things to spice things up a bit further.

Still in a better state than F-Zero, it's been 15 years since the last game.

>I think it’s better to say that this is a remake, remastering of Metroid II, a powered-up version of that, and not something to do with the other project,
ign.com/articles/2017/06/14/e3-2017-metroid-samus-returns-is-not-metroid-dread
>Nintendo Switch is a very attractive hardware, and I think there are all kinds of possibilities to take advantage of it. Although I can not say anything specific about the development of the next Metroid game, I can tell you that I am always attentive to all kinds of potential options.
>Of course it is implying something, but I would like you all to try to find out what it is for now!
hobbyconsolas.com/listas/asi-hizo-metroid-samus-returns-entrevista-yoshio-sakamoto-279253

So the source is literally "dude trust me". And then it'll get cancelled mid-development and restarted all over, taking another 5 years just like Prime, while conveniently never showing us a single bit of the game during its dev time.

How very convenient.

The more you talk the more you sound like a Sonyfag.

just like Prime 1 then?

>"dude trust me"
That's literally the words of the director of Samus Returns.

Stop being stupid. Prime 4 is early in development, and we know Metroid 5 is in development.

Because it's unpopular in Japan and it already has fractals off its formula from indie games.

SAMUS IS UNDER FIRE
SHE SENT OUT AN EMERGENCY DIRECTIVE
Reply to this post or Nintendo will never publish another Metroid game

...fuck

Because Nintendo appeals to young children, Metroid is more mature.

After Prime 4 was conveniently canceled, I stopped having any faith in Nintendo. As far as I'm concerned, Prime 4 never once existed, and the cancelation was just an excuse to placate fans while leaving the series to rot. Infact, the same can be said of Metroid 5 too. Since we don't even have a trailer or screenshots or even concept art, how are you so sure that it's in development?

Now, I'll be glad to eat my words with a side of humble pie once they show ANYTHING related to it, but until then I'm gonna remain skeptic.

>canceled
and that's how I know you're shitposting.

Get out, Sonyfag, you're not welcomed here.

What other term would you use then? According to Nintendo, the threw everything out and started over from scratch with a new company (retro). You very well can't say it's a continuation or even a restart. That would imply that they have a foundation built at least.

>new company
Retro did the whole Prime Trilogy. Also, Nintendo literally owns Retro. Now gtfo

Holy shit you guys got 3 games and 2 smash characters this decade with Prime 4 announced and delayed to ensure better quality and you're STILL complaining.

Attached: imgbin-super-smash-bros-captain-falcon-nintendo-64-super-smash-flash-video-games-super-smash-bros-sa (728x627, 86K)

>Smash
Literally who cares

A new company from the last people working on Prime 4, aka Bamco.

It's just this one Sony turd shitposting.

>Smash
You make that sound like a good thing. That accursed series has ruined video games and made Metroid much worse as a result.

>new company (retro)
>A new company from the last people working on Prime 4
Okay, so which one is it? Make up your mind about it.

A flub of words on my part. I meant that Nintendo scrapped all the work bamco did on Prime 4 and hired Retro to start all over. Or so they claim.