Game gets remastered

>game gets remastered
>the developers change something for literally no reason
EVERY TIME

Attached: 1557032904502.png (2542x1608, 3.66M)

>renderer is different
>cant render graphics the exact same way
>changed for no reason

Attached: 12745940_10153999114348453_3105542988239716339_n.png (310x311, 66K)

It's correct in development screenshots and that's not how it works you fucking brainlet.

Attached: 1398521449366.jpg (523x332, 85K)

Same developers. They probably wanted it that way back then

>Same developers.
No it literally isn't.

They're not allowed to change it even if they want to. It has to be the same way or it's bad.

The only thing that looks different is the brightness. Am I missing something?

The model 1 doesn't draw polygons like everyone has for the last 25 years. It draws 6 sprites then amalgamates them into a cube, then it draws textures back over that (that's like a modern system, unlike the fucking saturn rofl).
This was cutting edge niche technology in the early 90s. It's backwards and an experimental dead end now where we draw everything by rendering individual triangles.

Yeah, you get it.

At least get the saturation right, I don't care about the polygons.

Virtua Racing Switch was made on a different codebase since SEGA never bothered with proper archiving in the 90s.

Exactly. A creator's vision only matters until they release a thing, then it doesn't matter afterwards. Even if they decide to reimagine things or redo things they can't be allowed. Creative people who do things I like can only be allowed to do more things I like or they should be destroyed.

tard ass opinion

>It draws 6 sprites then amalgamates them into a cube, then it draws textures back over that (that's like a modern system, unlike the fucking saturn rofl).
I don't think I have ever read such complete and utter nonsense on this site. JFC shut up already retard.

>I don't care about the polygons.
Then why should your opinion matter, you fucking zoomer. They might as well apply a smoothing filter to everything and add bloom. Of course it's got to have the same fucking polygons as the original. You should have been aborted.

The model 1 draws quad's by rendering 2d sprites which it staples together then backwards maps textures over certain sides of the quad.
If you don't believe that, look it up.

The model 1 is incapable of texture mapping dummy. It renders in the same manner as the Saturn meaning developers are free to manipulate each quad's 4 vertices as they please, only using flat-shaded polygons instead of sprites. It works literally exactly like triangle rendering, only with an extra point.

Attached: gyL9iRi.jpg (1524x836, 217K)

Why say shit like this when you have no idea what you're talking about? Are you really that confident in your assumptions about how an experimental 3d game made 20 years ago rendered shit?

Why did they decide to wash out all the colours? Other than that it's a nice port.

Oh no bros the SHADOWS IN POLE POSITION LOOK A BIT WRONG, this totally matters in this game that is TOTALLY worth playing from a modern perspective.

Lmao who cares.

Attached: a0772048501_10.jpg (749x744, 105K)

>experimental
Quads were used all over the place in the early 90s. Every Sega Model board, the Jaguar, and the 3DO all used hardware quads to generate 3D.

I used to play this game all the time. Its not a great game sure but I was interested in the Switch port for a nostalgia buy.

I decided against it after seeing those colors. Jesus Christ this is Silent Hill HD bad.

Attached: remake_W1.jpg (1816x2900, 1.27M)

>renderer
You know nothing about game development.

This is a remake though.

more like a demake from the looks of it

Whatever. Point is a remake isn't trying to be the same thing over again. The more different the better. I'd argue Resident Evil 2 2019 didn't go far enough.

A remaster/port is trying to be the exact same game.

you are a fucking retard

>the more different the better
then what the fuck is the point of remaking it? might aswell make a sequel

The difference in color is because the arcade original used CRTs, which have full black spectrum

This is quite literally the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read on here

BUT IT'C ON DA GOOO THUS MAKE IT DEVINITIVE VERSION YOU FUCKING SONYGOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

The colours just look better on the left, especially the water what is it with that baby blue shit.

see

Attached: virtua-racer-8.original.jpg (1200x675, 191K)

Just because it isn't painting a pitmap over the quad doesn't mean it isn't texture shading. Even the scaling pseudo 3d sprite stuff in hang-on and space harrier is texture mapping.
And the forward operation of the Saturn is unlike pretty much everything else because it's awful.

Cant they just try to emulate those colours with different techniques? It's not like dark blue is impossible on modern TVs.

Movie remakes are (barring that weird Psycho production in 1998, but even then, new actors, new footage, it retains no assets from the Hitchcock classics) never the same movie. The Fly as directed by Kurt Neumann and The Fly as directed by David Cronenberg are two very different films.

>then what the fuck is the point of remaking it

I'm not "for" remakes, but there can be value in taking another look at a story.

>I'm going to use fancy words to describe something that isn't factually true
I want to know what the fuck you meant by "renderer" though, because you have my morbid curiosity to know how the inner workings of a retard functions.

The model 1 uses quads and doesn't do texture mapping, it is very different than modern graphics renderers

Cope