What went so fuckin bad?

>Wanted the TV and COD Audience
>Not a single memorable exclusive maybe outside of Halo 5
>Flop after flop, cancelled games or games with bad reception (Project Spark, Scalebound, Fable Legends, Crackdown 3)
>Shifted their focus to PC gaming because they couldn't survive alone with Xbox

Realistically, can they make a comeback with the next gen Xbox?

Attached: xbox one.jpg (898x547, 71K)

Free Online

>if you absolutely cannot get an internet connection there's the xbox 360

If they money hat some japanese games like they did with 360, they might have an early advantage.

They tried to force motion control but refused to take a loss on it. Their consoles cost more as a result but no one was willing to pay a premium for the gimmick. Since PS4 was basically the same in every respect except motion control, people bought that instead.

Mircosoft are playing the long game. And they probably end up being the Overloads eventually. Their fuck-ups were good for them as a learning process.

>Buy this 500$ console so you can watch TV on your TV
What were they thinking?

>Realistically, can they make a comeback with the next gen Xbox?
They just need to wait for sony to make a mistake and capitalize on it

>being a Sony shill
You really should kill yourself.

kinnect and they tried to ban used games
halo/gears were the only exclusives and both series went to shit

Nothing in the end.

Microsoft in general seems to be incredibly incompetent these days, just see the shitpile that's Windows 10.

It's obvious they want out of the console market. Service-based is where the industry is heading, so if they can get everyone paying for GamePass or Xcloud then they've won.

>Saying what Xbox did wrong
>Sony shill
Xcucks are retarded

>Realistically, can they make a comeback with the next gen Xbox?

Could. Won't.
Making a comeback would require Microsoft to make all the correct decisions and capitalize hard on its competitors' mistakes (Sony's censorship suicide and Nintendo's underpowered hardware), plus have a bit of luck. It could be done. But I don't think they have it in them. The whole Bone era has been a comedy parade of errors and I have seen no hints that they'd be positioned for a redo.

Damn it feels good to be an xbro

Attached: games.jpg (2704x2028, 865K)

Microsoft and Nintendo rarely were competitors though. Maybe in the 6th gen. But not now.

This is the one. Also their original DRM policy where you had to activate physical games like registering a CD key on PC.

Ahead of its time alright, ahead of its time at being shit.

>next Halo will be a soft reboot and launch on PC

Definitely giving up. They wouldn't be letting their flagship exclusive go if they thought Xbox had a future.

Don't make fun off Xbros you snoygger

Attached: 1472072970977.jpg (641x641, 104K)

Shit tier ui that struggles to run on even the One X.

i'm just glad they cucked themselves into finally loosening their grip on halo and making it the cross platform it was always meant to be. i think gears is getting the same treatment too. about time

It's pretty obvious you are one, many people are getting tired of Sony now except for their own fanbase.

This, both Microsoft and Nintendo are going their own way. Nintendo with their home consoles and handheld consoles that can play the same games, Microsoft with their powerful consoles and their weaker streaming consoles that can play the same games.

Also merging Xbox with PC.

OP everybody is going to die in the future, so do me a favour and be ahead of your time.

They need to focus more on TV and sports, maybe start some TV shows based on their popular video game franchises, and also bring back Kinect.
Oh and they need to get rid of physical media. It's 2019 people!

They've made far too much money off XBL to go free now.

NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN

>Getting tired of sony means licking MS balls
No Im not a brainlet to praise retarded decisions

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

they are pushing xbox games onto PC, the disparity with free online for the same game will fuck them eventually.

>licking any company's balls
I can understand you bringing up Microsoft if this were 2013 but Sony are a bunch of arrogant asses currently (they always were) and are fucking up again like last gen, I think that is more important.

Sony's refusal to get in on the cross-platform stuff early might have been their "in". They just need some high-profile 1st party titles that can be played on PC and XB1 to get the ball rolling

>are getting tired of Sony
And of course that means buying microsoft excrement

The UI is perfect now and better than PS4's which has also never been updated lmao.

Japanese games. West garbage is proven bad. Why didn't the other xbox's succeed then? They pushed for Japanese games pretty hard.

>The only reason I've ever considered buying an xbone this gen was for back compat games, like Ninja Gaiden
>mfw I found out the OG bone was so fucking underpowered it offered no fps cap/resolution upgrades from the 360
So maybe they should stop putting out underpowered shit with no redeeming qualities, that would be a godd start.

Attached: 1556931684218.jpg (540x366, 78K)

They just need to make some good games. Doesn't matter if they put all their games on PC when most of them suck ass. That and not charging Xbox players to play F2P games. I guarantee you they lost some console sales when Fortnite exploded because Sony at least doesn't require PS+ to play it

did* not didn't

Microsoft may be shitting but if it gets us more cool shit the Xbox One X keep doing you bru.

Fucking love this console.

Their fuckups with the xbone has layers, like an onion.

What exactly is so good about the One X?

>What exactly is so good about the One X?
Well for starters it's got three X

Attached: 1513632375641.gif (538x572, 338K)

Make good games, offer not only AAA games but AA games and indie games, and do everything Sony isn't doing and Nintendo is doing when games are concerned.

>"Ahead of its time"
>Synonymous for "bad"
Gaming journalists should not be allowed to be this retarded.

That article was so full of shit. Ahead of its time my ass. It reminds me of Orwell, not the future of anything, but the the redaction back to the walled garden bullshit the internet was meant to circumvent in the first place.

Don Mattrick was that bad of an exec

it's that simple. he took everything that MS built over 2 generations and crashed the plane with no survivors

He was also censoring Japanese games.

??????????

Attached: xbox.png (762x571, 714K)

>4K RDR2
>Play Anywhere
>Hardware officially supported by PC
>Gamepass
>hot gf

life's good

that looks like dried smeared cum on the screen.

that article is misleading cause it includes Microsoft stocks as a whole