What's better, Toukiden 2 or God Eater 3? I want some hunting action and I've already played countless hours of MH...

What's better, Toukiden 2 or God Eater 3? I want some hunting action and I've already played countless hours of MH. I'll be playing solo since I have no friends.

Attached: aragami.jpg (644x362, 85K)

God Eater 3's DLC missions aren't paid DLC

I prefer Toukiden. Toukiden's depth compared to Monster Hunter is quite low, but even still, it's vastly greater than God Eater's lack of anything.

Is toukiden still fun single player? I heard the AI is so efficient it breaks the game. Is it viable to go in completely solo?

>tfw new Soul Sacrifice never ever

Toukiden 2 is better single player.

I’ll be you frien :)

Don't know about Toukiden but in GE3 you have like a hundred hours of content available right now and probably more if they keep updating it.

toukiden 2 is the KT version of MH just like Nioh is the KT version of souls
therefore, it's sengoku shit with 5 enemy types, unmemorable music, a pretty bad story, poorly implemented systems, and terrible postgame
I have about 150 hours in GE3 as of 1.40 and 21 hours in toukiden 2

I've played GE1 back on PSP and it was cool, but I remember the bullet system being completely broken since you could pretty much instanuke enemies without needing to aim. Did they balance it a bit more in the sequels, or is it just something you need to manage yourself?

bullets are supposedly a bit nerfed in 3 but I never used them so I don't have much of a comparison (bullet editor in the earlier games caused crashes on the PC version sometimes so I meleed everything)
in some multiplayer in 3 people were killing the bosses suspiciously fast with bullets but there were also a lot of cheaters so it's hard to say
overall I feel like you're a lot weaker in 3 because you don't have access to the really strong multi slot install skills

>a bit
The outright gutted the system. You can't do anything with custom bullets except get 1 super shot that does paltry damage compared to just spamming your burst art over and over.

>amazing story
>fun gameplay
>trapped on a dead system
>not even an HD PS4 port
It hurts...

that's probably for the best so that assault missions aren't all people just using the same bullet recipe they pulled off jap twitter and killing the thing instantly
the real problem is all the armored enemies that force you to spam the same burst art forever since everything else hits gray numbers and feels awful

That's actually a positive IMO. I don't like the idea of being able to completely bypass combat. If it's at least semi-active online I'll give it a shot.

Freedom Wars is even more painful. I'd buy a full new system just to play a HD sequel, it had so much promise.

I've played both and i liked toukiden 2 more. Attacks just felt lacking in GE3

The problem with what they did in 3 is in order to prevent game breaking bullets they broke non-game breaking ones. A custom bullet is 3 time the cost of its store bought counterpart for no fucking reason. Combined with being capped how much up total OP your custom bullets can add up to in total means you can't even make effective custom healing bullets which would be amazing in assault missions. This is also compounded by returning to how GE2 handled ranged weapons where specific guns can only fire their specific ammo and well as guns doing equal pierce/crush damage. The end result is that rayguns are now the only things worth using and shotguns are completely worthless.

Don't play either, the fighting itself feels so very lackluster compared to any MH you could be playing instead.

If you haven't played 2 yet I'd recommend it slightly over 3. Like I'd rate 2 an 8/10 and 3 a 7.5/10 so they're consistent but 2 just feels better for a few reasons as long as you don't use bullets to one shot everything.

I played the God Eater 3 Action Demo on Switch. It seemed neat after I gave it some time, but why are the controls so bad? The distribution of functions across the shoulder buttons is abysmal.

remnant from the vita days
they really should've changed it by now because having sprint as the weapon swap button is fucking retarded

the online is pretty dead sadly, wish it would be more alive, i'd play the game more

Ah, that's a shame. It's sad to see co-op hunting games with barren online, single player isn't the same. One of the best parts of MH is jumping into turns rooms with randoms and helping each other.

you can probably find some players on a discord if you really want to play co-op

Attached: 1553628480364.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

missions in 3 can generally be done in 5 minutes so teaming up isn't super important

>ZR is only used with B for the aerial dive or with ZL to activate engage
>ZR and ZL don't do anything else
>R+B and R+L aren't mapped to anything
Was there a reason to split up the shoulder buttons? All the existing functions would have a mapping even with only one set.

True, thanks. I guess I'll give it a shot.

>rayguns are now the only things worth using
Those things are absolutely broken but simultaneously really unfun since it's just point and kill

Exactly.

Laziness. As much as I like the series you can see how little it changes between all three games while every great new idea is abandoned in the next game
>GER's Predator Styles add much needed attack variety so you're not spamming the same 2 or so attacks over and over
>Removed for Blood Arts which forces you to spam 2-3 specials since they're your best moves
>GE2 has a shitton of side missions involving all the side characters and party members which there are dozens of them
>GE3 has 6 base party members with 2 more added postgame, none have side missions and conversations
I know this is probably heresy but I wish they let us put a Blood Art on every attack function for max fun

>It's sad to see co-op hunting games with barren online
GE3 has such a shitty system that makes it hard to get teams going, they need quick play and matchmaking badly

Toukiden 2 if you want an actual good game and not entry-level edgy trash.

I play solo as in not online. Just bring one or two people with you and not the full three. The armor system makes solo annoying. I actually hope they adjust it better for true solo if they make Toukiden 3.

adding arts to all moves would've been the best thing to do and then making the art effects more than just flashy lightshow nonsense

GE3 is all flash and no substance. The combat is a repetitive piece of shit where you spam the same burst art for 5 straight minutes.

This, in MH every move in a weapon's kit is viable and necessary I'll use every move multiple times on a hunt. Blood Arts effectively makes 2/3 or your moves useless since they can't deal nearly the same amount of damage for example I run Buster Blades a CC and a Blood Art Parry Upper do the same damn damage but one is faster and chains into combos, why would I use Charge Crush anymore

Nigga that's every God Eater game save Resurrection where Predator Styles add a bit of attack variety, had the same problem

Well OP was asking speicifically about GE3 so I answered.

Roughly how much content is there? Is there much improvement in monster count/variety from Age of Demons? I played quite a bit of it on vita but it felt samey since most quests were the same 5-6 monsters on rotation but occasionally doubled up.

I guess this is what you get when your character is crazy fast and can multijump and dash like it's nothing. In MH you have to carefuly choose your next action lest the monster one shots you while you're in the middle of that SAED animation.

fighting a group of cocoon maidens is basically the hardest encounter in the game in 3
you get to feel like alisa in that one doujin

Every time I've tried Toukiden 2 I play it for 1 hour and then stop. I want to get more into it but something tells me it's going to get boring really fast just playing solo. It's that type of game that makes me ask myself why would I bother with this instead of monster hunter? It looks cool, the animations are great, I did the tutorial for every weapon and it feels fun too but I don't have the will to go on.

I played almost the whole thing co-op with a friend and I can say we had a lot more fun than with MHW. Shorter lived of course, but the weapons and combat were very entertaining. Also running mach speed around the map and using the claw to jump all over.

GE was always inferior to MH in the game play department but it was the story and characters that gave it the edge, they're dumb fun anime games with a surprising amount of heart and a huge cast to use in combat. 3's failure was having such a paltry cast and little interaction between them and the player especially when the second game had such a huge cast with their own side stories. Hopefully 4 will rectify some of the problems maybe without taking out a bunch of mechanics to do so

looks like season 2 stuff will be character episodes

Soul sacrifice >phantasy star online > toukiden > monster hunter classic > freedom wars > God eater > monster hunter world > Ragnarok odyssey > any other clone

Attached: illust_74773892_20190518_205335.jpg (2507x3541, 803K)

There's more monsters and a good bit of combat but no endgame really. The game is a huge improvement over the first though and I believe its very underrated. The characters and story is much better and of course the art is excellent since it's done by hidari. I actually really liked the open world too. The weapons still aren't as deep as MH but they definitely did improve a bit. Sword and shield is probably their most complex weapon yet and its a lot of fun to use. The mitama system also improved a lot.

Jesus christ I wasn't aware people could have such overwhelmingly correct opinions on Yea Forums

anyone get gold in all the solo time attack missions yet? Are there any new outfits you don't get from getting gold in all the regular time attacks?

GE story and characters are atrocious though. MH has the edge by having vastly better gameplay while not having any of that shit.

Convince me to play Toukiden

Attached: E95E6BC4D832F3803A8450CBEB10BB26510A5F26.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

you get to make your own character and then see in game that it looks nothing like what you made just like mhw but cheaper