Hey guys this purple giant with glowing red eyes covered in runic tattoos chained up on a giant black floating island...

Hey guys this purple giant with glowing red eyes covered in runic tattoos chained up on a giant black floating island who was imprisoned by a wise elder race thousands of years ago and sounds like a bad guy says that if I just let him go he'll give me the power to fulfill all of my wishes, do you think he's legit? Keep in mind I'm a JRPG protagonist so I can do things that are obviously incredibly stupid and it will all work out in the end anyways.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x929, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TAVNBUT
youtube.com/watch?v=MXs1B8UrvHE
youtube.com/watch?v=FCddxqC1s60
youtube.com/watch?v=CkHmZ0tKKww
youtube.com/watch?v=v6xQyJlt7EE
youtube.com/watch?v=cP5uBReuOc4
youtube.com/watch?v=2QAL6TYtWvY
exhentai.org/g/893049/667c501639/
youtube.com/watch?v=sYEDQeC7Ip0
youtube.com/watch?v=JJh6pj1HBHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh I forgot to add that my most intelligent party member questions whether this is a wise course of action while the bumbling idiot thinks he's legit, does this change anything?

Jin > Rex > Elma > Shulk

Shulk by far has the best voice acting but his decisions are so fucking retarded sometimes.

WE CANT KILL THE FACED MECHON OR WE'RE JUST LIKE THEM

oh but only that one in that one cutscene, the random ones in the wild yeah you can kill those.

I still don't get why they did this. Sure it adds length to an already great game, but it really could've ended with Mechonis Core. That way ww would not have gotten Bionis Interior.

Started playing this again recently. Just got Sharla, she has nice tits.

Sharla is the best girl
>healthy brown skin
>long, lustrous dark hair
>round bottom
>only girl with jiggle physics
>tells Melia she's on her side of the Shulkbowl

Jin is the worst written character in any work of fiction ever though?

Seems legit, bro, he's probably a fairy or something.

Assuming the party in XB1 kills the random generic Faces is like assuming the party in XB2 is killing all the soldiers and drivers you fight throughout the game. It's just silly.
Shulk's decision to not kill Mumkhar isn't executed all that well, but it's not as ridiculous as people make it out to be.

Don’t worry, you’ll get your childhood friend back and start preaching about how revenge is wrong soon after. Just blame it all on that God in the end.

To be fair, he isn't saying "WE'LL BE JUST LIKE HIM", he's saying that there might be a way to solve the matter without killing them since they're still Homs, which is why he specifically references Fiora when trying to stop Dunban from killing Mumkhar.
I'll agree that stopping him from killing Mumkhar specifically was stupid but chances are Shulk never heard about his betrayal at Sword Valley (IIRC) so whatever

If I lost my daughter/wife Lora I'd probably try to kill God too.

Attached: 1536008782185.jpg (900x1200, 235K)

I think you got the order backwards there bud

No, he's not
What about him is poorly written? The way I see it, any character's writing has 3 components
>motivations
>temperament/outlook/backstory
>relationships
What about these is poorly written?

Nah. He's not winning any awards, but he's fine.
The problem is that the game decides to have him preach to Dunban about not killing Mumkhar because he's Homs right after the party kills a couple of Face units that weren't unrepentant murderers like Mumkhar was, and were likely just brainwashed or something.
It just feels ridiculous.

She’s hot, but Fiora in the speed frame is 10/10. She’s also actually usefull in battle.

I'd say this is about solid. I would put Shulk above Elma though. Maybe I have to replay X again, I didnt pay attention to the story too much the first time.

Attached: Malos showing off.jpg (1595x2048, 351K)

You literally get an item called "bloody face" when you kill the faced mechon. They're being fucking killed.

>Sides with the girl that only makes a move on her crush when he's in a coma

That's fair. Like one could argue they just deactivate the Faced Mechon rather than literally killing it but either way it's weird. I feel like Monolith had them as enemies before the story details surrounding them were implemented and it didn't make sense to scrap that work. It's a weird catch 22

>long, lustrous dark hair
Any girl with this trait is automatically the best

Okay, but what's the best villains in the series
>1
Metal face
Egil
Zanza
>X
Luxaar
Lao
>2
Malos
Jin
Amalthus
>Torna
Gort

Why can't we have a remake of this game with XBC2 rendering style? It's the ONLY way we're gonna get more Fiora/Sharla/Melia fanart.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1787x1914, 1.58M)

Couldn't that just mean you broke off pieces of the mechon itself, and the face was bloodstained. Ripping off the face plate doesn't just kill the pilot

And you get core crystals when you defeat human enemies in XB2. There's even a unique driver who only shows up after you kill another guy and his gravestone shows up.
Doesn't mean the party is canonically murdering people for the hell of it.

Why are all jrpg protagonists literally retarded?

>Nia tries to make a move on Rex while Pyra is being mindraped by her chad big brother

Grey haired sluts, never trust them girls. They act like they're your friend but the second you turn your back they're finna steal your man.

Attached: download (1).jpg (1280x720, 115K)

There's nothing that says they AREN'T being killed, and the way Mumkar taunts the party when he calls in more faces implies that they do actually kill the faces.

Yes but Rex never has a out of nowhere speech saying how killing is bad and how they shouldn't even kill their enemies.

Metal Face and Malos are the best. X's story sucks donkey balls.

Shulk is a pretty terrible character mate

She was never trying to steal Rex, she knew he loves Pyra and Mythra. Fer fans are just retarded and think she was genuinely expecting him to return her affections.

For me it was worse when he had such a change against his revenge boner only after getting Fiora back. Especially when he was talking to Egil.

It’s like "yeah, I got my girl back now, revenge is bad btw pls stop"

I wish Fiora stayed dead, not only because I dislike her voice acting but because it would force Shulk to actually overcome his anger by himself rather then it just evaporating as soon as he gets his gf back.
Think back to when he's about to murder Egil, if Fiora was still dead do you think he'd have held himself back?

Attached: 47588634.gif (422x266, 2.62M)

Gort was kind of entertaining but he doesn't deserve to be on a list of the best at all.

How was Zanza in Shulk's and the purple giant's body at the same time?

>Sharla
Based

>proxy.duckduckgo.com.png
Redpilled

>GOD TIER
Malos
Jin
Metal Face

>Great tier
Zanza

>Okay tier
Almalthus
Gort

>Shit tier
Egil

I never beat X.

>Keep in mind, I’m a JRPG protagonist
No one actually talks like this

Zanza fucking sucked, Dickson was a way more entertaining villain than him.

i know okay, for the record both her and melia got fucking robbed tho

Attached: DneGM2kVsAAOVMe.jpg (1200x675, 145K)

You forgot
>Dumpster tier
Lorithia

yeah no shit

Attached: 4856454634.png (403x311, 6K)

INSOLENCE

She should have stayed dead, would have been more interesting overall.
Shulk having to overcome his anger and gets qt3.14 bird girl in the process

Okay.... But then who would be the sexy robot girl party member?

Attached: 1543706364468.jpg (2208x1472, 1001K)

Is it true you have to grind affinity to beat Torna? I stopped 3 hours in because I'm worried I'll have to be put on rails like with the final stretch of the main game where I just went story-only but then had to grind for field skills just to progress the story

MonolithSoft seem to have it especially bad. They make these amazing casts/worlds but then decide their MC should be some dense shounen motherfucker or some boring mary sue.

Meyneth.

You need to hit a certain affinity level to access the last boss. Take it slow, the game takes 12-14 hours to complete casually.

They don't really focus on the plot, for Takahashi it's world first, characters second, plot last. That's his words.

Vanea. Pointy nipples and all.
Yep. Twice.
I found the sidequests fun, though.

Keep her body around possessed by Mayneth, could be interesting to see how Shulk and Dunban act towards what is essentially a stranger inhabiting the shell of someone close to them.

No, I don't like it user. She's not mommygf material. All of Takahashi's love interests are mommygfs who baby their crush/boyfriend.

Attached: 1543556414203.jpg (300x221, 36K)

are 4channelers this dumb? he was in a life or death situation the fuck did you want him to do?

>Fiora
>mommygf

Attached: 4464.png (192x203, 60K)

Eh.
For XB1 and XB2 I'd go
>God Tier
Malos
Jin
Metal Face
>Great Tier
Dickson
Amalthus (pre-Torna)
>Okay Tier
Zanza
Egil
Xord
Gort
Mikhail
Amalthus (post-Torna)
>Meh Tier
Akhos
Bana
Dughall
>Shit Tier
Lorithia
Patroka (why did she even exist)
Muimui
Yumea or whatever the lady who wanted to kill Melia was named

iirc his mind and soul were seperated when they took the Monado from him. Freeing the giant meant finally getting himself back to to the point where he could just take over Shulk and fuck up the mechonis.

>brings shulk lunch all of the time
>goes to the cave with shulk to protect him because he's her precious fragile little boyfriend
>nurses her brother back to health too
Just because you're young doesn't mean you can't be a mommygf.

Attached: 1538860971678.jpg (2208x1472, 1.01M)

>literally the mother of an entire race
>not mommygf material
You fool.

Attached: D8oXunBVsAAjm4z.jpg (796x1200, 139K)

She's the mommy of machine niggers, not Shulk's mommy. A proper JRPG protag has his own, exclusive, pure and virginal mommygf, not used goods. DISMISSED.

Attached: comfy takahashi.jpg (600x435, 60K)

Why was Torna so shit villain wise? Why did they actively try to make Amalthus worse?

didn't they only say it was his body that was at prison island and his soul in the monado at ose tower? I don't remember it being his mind and soul

Well the body still clearly had someone speaking through it before Shulk even got there, so I’m just assuming that’s what it was, otherwise it would just be a husk.

I just wanted a fight with Amalthus controlling a swarm of Blades

Torna made Amalthus better, what are you on?

I'm just glad Malos made it out unscathed.
But yeah, Torna's villains felt like a really odd sudden return to the more...cartoonishly evil villains from XB1, if that makes sense. Gort felt like a discount Metal Face, and they kind of threw away some of the ambiguity surrounding Amalthus in favor of painting him as a complete douchebag from very early on.

The answer is that the game was written one page at a time

Good taste

I’LL KILL YOUUUUUUU

Attached: EABC249E-ADFF-49B7-BBA3-013312472C52.jpg (449x449, 23K)

Not really.
Before Torna came out, it seemed like he wasn't all that bad before the end of the Aegis War, since all we really knew about him was that even though he gave Malos his destructive instincts, Amalthus himself was pretty reluctant about the whole 'destroy the world' thing, and actively worked to prevent that from happening during the Aegis War, and only really started going off the rails with all the horrible scummy shit after the Aegis War was over, as he became entrenched in the idea that he was the Architect's chosen one and all that. There was more ambiguity around when exactly he went past the no return.
....Then Torna comes around, and all of a sudden he's seemingly been horrible since the start - Minoth expressly fucking hates him and thinks he's a terrible person, he's working with awful people like Gort and that one scientist and was already getting into the human experimentation business while the Aegis War was still happening, and then he acts to start fucking everyone over almost immediately after Malos "dies".
It really just throws subtlety out the window and goes 100% "BLUE MAN BAD, DON'T YOU HATE HOW AWFUL HE IS???". It was already obvious enough from the main game, so Torna just felt like ridiculous overkill to me.

alley-oop

luv seein the monado in action

Attached: what a collection of jesters.png (900x606, 633K)

Final boss fight should have been Amalthus fighting you in some form with Patroka, Akhos and Fan's corpses as Blades, and Malos and Jin are a fourth party member that use each other as a Blade, with Jin being Ice Element and Malos being dark element
Would have been fucking perfect, especially maybe as a "perfect" run secret boss

>Malos and Jin are a fourth party member that use each other as a Blade, with Jin being Ice Element and Malos being dark element
that'd be gay but also pretty cool

Yeah.
That's kind of the issue with prequels that come out after the fact. Unless you had an EXTREMELY clear idea of the chronology of events beforehand, it's hard to really go back and make sense of all the implications in the original entity.
The Prequel movies are a good example of this but MGS3 and Torna are also good examples.
Like, the fucking Aegis War lasts maybe a grand total of a month, from what can be seen in-game. But it's implied to be this long event in XB2 where a ton of things happened and it was life-altering and there were tons of different battles and skirmishes.

That scene there was what really sold me on the game.
It's such a shame XB2's dub is so disappointing in comparison. The voices themselves are fine, but the emotion just isn't there.

there is nothing gay about two dudes handling each other's swords

>Play Smash
>Eight player
>Reyn coloured Shulk vs seven Jokers
MAN

Attached: FeelingIt.png (557x605, 246K)

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

MAN

Attached: BUNCHAJOKERS.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

I was hoping they would show maybe some of his hardships through the Aegis War as he ends up starting to (misguidedly) come to terms with his role as the Architect’s "chosen one" and the reason he thought an instrument of God was the way it was. Maybe show him trying to deal with the shitshow that was the Praetorium but failing, especially since everyone knew he let Malos loose. But it was mostly just evil scheming and an unclimatic backstabbing, with him becoming Praetor way too fucking soon. Malos was great when interacting with the party but they really didn’t do the brutal nature of the Aegis War justice imo. It almost felt like a fanfic for Mythra and Jin fans.

>That's kind of the issue with prequels that come out after the fact. Unless you had an EXTREMELY clear idea of the chronology of events beforehand, it's hard to really go back and make sense of all the implications in the original entity.
Yeah, but considering Takahashi introduced Torna as something that had originally been a part of the game's main plot and was removed in development, I think it's fair for people to have expected better from it.
>Like, the fucking Aegis War lasts maybe a grand total of a month, from what can be seen in-game.
It's been ongoing for like a year in Torna, it's just...a really lame version of what was portrayed in the main game as some exhausting long fight, where Malos and Mythra didn't even meet in person until right before the very end.

Beautiful

Can we get a remake(like bluepoint's games) of this game please? Dont make it look like 2 though

>Rex above anyone
This is a cabalpost

no, fuck off
it's perfectly fine as it is

Here we fucking gooooooooooooooo

>like bluepoint's games
Are you joking or what? Bluepoint would never capture the beauty of Xenoblade. Only MonolithSoft can pull off these worlds these days.

LARIAT

>It almost felt like a fanfic for Mythra and Jin fans.
Yeah, that's pretty accurate.
I still had fun with Torna, but I'll always be sad that it didn't really live up to the way that period was portrayed in the basegame flashbacks.

Malos is best boy

OPPOSING UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES

Attached: DunDun.png (411x480, 201K)

it's not gay as long as the core crystals don't touch

Well obviously with involvement from monolith

WE DECIDE TO CONTEST

Monolith sucks ass at everything but world design though, and the world design would already be done.

WE MAKE THE DECISION TO ENGAGE IN COMBAT

BACKSLASH

test

>and the world design would already be done.
How?

Because a remake of Xenoblade would be a remake of Xenoblade?

PETAL GYRATION

soul
souless

US, AS A COLLECTIVE, WILL ENDEAVOUR TO PERFORM TO YOU AN ACT WITH A POSSIBILITY OF PRODUCING SIMILAR ACTIONS THAT DO NOT REOCCUR MORE THAN THRICE

Attached: f81.png (1280x1407, 754K)

I concur.

Attached: DnCI8pMVYAEwEoW.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

What is this monstrosity

Attached: BELTZ AND SHIT.png (394x236, 140K)

What's wrong, never played a jrpg before?

Attached: PizzaCutter.jpg (1280x1426, 461K)

Lulucore fashion

where did Shulk even GET those
aren't everyone else's pants relatively normal?

Takahashi didn't want people to hate Shulk like they hated Shion, that's why he's so inoffensive and bland

Can't end a JRPG without killing a physical god, dude. It's, like, the rules

Question: Why the fuck doesn't Xenoblade 1 get fucking any fanart? Even Shulk doesn't get any fanart from being in Smash. Heck, there's barely any fanfiction on AO3 that involves the guy.

All 3
He's abysmal.
And kill every innocent person you come across as well?

You aren't looking hard enough, pal.
It still gets art.

Attached: D-Y2FSCU4AMbjNB.jpg (768x1024, 145K)

>rex
>better than shulk

WE'LL BEAT THEAM WITH DA POWER OF FRIENDCHIPS

O NOE I GOT NOTHING PERSONELL'D BY ANIME JIN BETTER DROP MY WIVES FOR 10 MINUTES UNTIL THE PLOT GIVES ME SUPER SAYAN 3 POWERS

I'd look, but Deviantart's search engine went loopy and now it only shows results from the last 30 days.

>Deviantart
Well there's your problem. You're looking in the wrong places.
The western fanbase draws jack shit for Xenoblade.

I don't think either side of the Pacific draws jack for Xenoblade 1, what with its cult following. My bigger concern is why Shulk himself gets so little art despite being in Smash Bros. I mean, just look at all the art every other character in the game gets.

Maybe it's just the artists I follow, but it feels like Shulk gets by far the most art out of any character from XB1. Especially during the anniversary a few months back.

Attached: D8oNX1FU8AELBrf.jpg (1061x1500, 198K)

You paid more attention to the voice work than the characters themselves, good job

>the protagonist who got into Smash Bros gets the most art out of every other character in his game
Oh wow, say it ain't so.

Attached: SX4E01-1.jpg (3440x1440, 1.6M)

Grats on starting your first playthrough

...Well, yeah? Weren't you just complaining that he doesn't get much art even though he's in Smash?

Attached: D-OJI1GVUAIaH9-.jpg (1492x1002, 192K)

thanks dad

It's still more art than the rest of the characters, namely more than none.

The other characters get art too, you know.

Attached: D8s7P-TU0AMSdTc.jpg (1113x1300, 226K)

You getting this stuff from Pixiv?

user, pixiv's dead. It's all twitter now.

Attached: Punished Klaus.jpg (618x1000, 108K)

Huh. I don't use Twitter.

No, Twitter.

Attached: 1560647230811.jpg (686x959, 86K)

Reminder that Zanza got chained by his own immune system, you can't go lower than that

You're mostly out of luck, then. It sucks, but that's where most of the art gets posted now, and finding old shit is hell.

Attached: 75149204_p0.png (900x721, 592K)

That only happened because Meyneth fucked him up, but yeah, he did say giving them intelligence was a mistake.

How do you even search for fan art on twitter?

Be more specific you niggerdyke.
>And kill every innocent person you come across as well?
He's not exactly going on murderous rampages, just killing the people that get in his way. When his goal is the destruction of the world I don't know why you have a problem with him being able to kill innocent people. It would be a problem if he kept his stated mission, but was averse to mudering people.

>pixiv's dead
What happened?

You don't. You just follow your artists daily, the game's tag, or some nice people that retweet all the arts that get posted like twitter.com/TAVNBUT for XC1/X/2. But even there you won't cover everything and miss a bunch.

Attached: D-zUwyfUIAEArnz.jpg orig.jpg (599x480, 80K)

start by searching for hashtags like the character names in japanese, or xenoblade, etc
once you find an artist drawing shit, you basically just scour through the shit they've retweeted trying to find the other artists that aren't bothering to tag anything
twitter is hell

He borrowed them from Tetsuya Nomura.

Is that what happened to all of Torna's belts?

No. Zeke stole them.

Jin still has some buckles on his shoes

Neat, another one for the collection.

Attached: Aegisibs1.jpg (429x640, 92K)

That artist's been drawing a lot of them lately. It's nice.

Attached: 75481546_p0.png (1480x954, 1.01M)

That's what you get for not playing undub, XC2 on japanese is God Tier.

Shulk is the biggest shonen cliche Takahashi's ever written and an affront to Xeno games.
Takahashi even said that Shulk was specifically written to be an "inoffensive" and "likable" self-insert since people complained that the protagonists of Xenogears and Xenosaga could do unheroic things that the player doesn't agree with or be unlikable.

People complain about Fei, Shion, Rex and Jin all the time and Cross is given plenty of choices to be a douchebag (Elma approves of plenty of 'bad guy' choices too). Shulk is the heroic shounen cliche who memes a new Monado out of his ass and gets granted asspull Monado Arts at every turning point in the story. Even Rex despite being a shonen character gets blown the fuck out for trying to do shonen-tier things.

Attached: Xenoblade shonen.jpg (350x194, 21K)

go to bed monadofag

I'm playing XC2 right now on chp 4, the only time where Rex really good SSJ'd was when Hikari woke up I don't know what the hell are you talking about.

I get the feeling he's the ways he is because Takahashi got buttblasted by the criticism Shion received by being a bitch

Attached: Ch7Sg6.png (2560x1440, 3.62M)

Attached: 1538694648541.png (720x458, 352K)

Damn it Malos have some manners.

Attached: Ni-san.png (457x435, 379K)

Attached: SX4E01-39.jpg (2880x1333, 1.2M)

The voice work in XB1 was like a well done TV series
The voice work inXB2 was like an early YouTube series
Both are good in their own way

Attached: 1540850241808.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

Attached: 1537077627878.gif (224x172, 2.98M)

god i wish i was juju right there

Attached: 1541702335311.jpg (947x1080, 146K)

Same thing with deviantart
Anything posted there can be lent out to other companies as it’s technically owned by Pixiv

I didn't find the quality gap between XB1 and XB2 enjoyable in any way. I liked a good number of the VAs a lot, but the awkward direction didn't do them any favors and there was nothing charming about it, if that's what you're suggesting is the appeal. My favorite parts of the dub (like the performances of Malos and Poppi's VAs in the later chapters) shined despite that, not because of it.

>memes a new Monado out of his ass and gets granted asspull Monado Arts
You don't get to act like a Xeno elitist if you can't even grasp the journey to gnostic enlightenment that the games are all about.

Malos is hammy, has depth, and ____hot____ to boot. He's the whole package.

Man people can be retarded. They can't handle a three dimensional protagonist with flaws and justifiably deteriorating mental health as the series progresses. She's one of the best written protagonists in gaming.

Theological metaphor is no excuse for poor writing

That's exactly why. He says it himself. Shulk was written to appeal to a larger audience and thus he was meant to be a goodie-two-shoes that most players could get behind or feel for. He said this was a response to a lot of people not liking Fei and Shion.

These three would be great in a sitcom as three roommates.

and being put on bing bing wahoo nintendo's leash.

Switch emulator WHEN?!? I'm not playing XB2 on sub1080p with some shitty sharpening filter and frame drops.

Attached: NoponVillage.jpg (2880x1299, 1.15M)

It's not a metaphor though, the Monado in-universe is literally a representation of any one entity's ability to impress their will upon the universe around them. You have a monado if you're connected to the godhead, which Zanza and Meyneth achieved through artificial means, Shulk achieved through enlightenment, and Alvis obviously was created specifically to channel the energies of the universe's creation in the first place.

it's not that line of thought exactly but it's pretty close
>DUNBAN HOMS NO KILL HOMS
>DESPITE THE FACT THAT THIS MAN RAZED OUR HOMETOWN, RUINED FIORA'S BODY AND MADE HER A PLOT DEVICE, KILLED THE KING OF THE HIGH ENTIA AND CLEARLY ENJOYED EVERY SECOND OF ALL THESE THINGS HE DID, WE SHOULD LET HIM GO
>YES I'M COMPLETELY FINE WITH SAYING WHAT I DID IN FRONT OF THE PRINCESS OF THE HIGH ENTIA WHO HAD HER FATHER DIE IN HER ARMS
>gee Shulk thanks for being such an understanding guy to a psychopathic murderer like me, let me reward you by backstabbing you both since a rock won't conveniently fall from the ceiling right now and kill me so you won't have my blood stained on your hands
Sword Valley onwards was incredibly dumb

>some shitty sharpening filter
I mean I don't think there's any getting away from this no matter what you do

That's not exactly true since Takahashi claims Nintendo is far less restrictive than Square and Bandai Namco.
Shulk being the way he is is directly because
1) A response to the negative feedback from Shion and (maybe) Fei)
2) Xenoblade 1 was initially supposed to be a different IP altogether, so the focus changed
3) Takahashi changed his writing philosophy and thinks most people don't want to play through something they don't agree with.

In X he lets the player decide if Cross is a dick or heroic and it's pretty obvious that Elma's written in a way that not everybody's supposed to like her.
In 2 it's pretty obvious Rex is written in such a way that everybody's not meant to like him. He's pretty much a shonen protagonist that's all bark and no bite for 80% of he game, jobs a bunch and unintentionally hurts people by trying to be a shonen hero.

>I don't hate XC2, because I like all Xeno games like a true fan!
>By the way, the first Xenoblade was shit and not actually a Xeno game

Why does the cabal do this?

>playing video games for graphics

Who are you quoting?

The XC2 cabal, it's right there in my post.

Who?

So you're schizophrenic?

>Not appreciating the developers and artists work and enjoying video games in their best possible presentation
good point but it'll hopefully be less noticeable at 4k

You can already turn it off just by hacking your switch and editing the game's graphics settings.

The discord group of redditors trying to claim ownership of Yea Forums.

Technically he wasn't wrong since he wasn't actually Zanza

>WE SHOULD LET HIM GO
I don't think Shulk was actually advocating letting him go, he just didn't want to kill him.

Attached: Egil_2.jpg (2880x1221, 1.37M)

>has the power to see the future
>can't see a future where Zanza is a bad guy

Seems legit

Attached: 202.png (600x1878, 1.17M)

trinity processor sitcom JRPG set in the virtual reality they were 'raised' in when

God, everything that happened at the top of Mechonis was pure kino.

Alvis was on Zanza's side until basically the end. No shit Shulk didn't see anything, he couldn't be THAT obvious.

Well you sure as fuck wouldn't be able to restrain or imprison him, especially in war times
Oh, you mean the sword of the bad guy wouldn't let the MC see that he is in fact a bad guy?

Xenoblade remake without potato faces when

Do you guys ever go back and read xenoblade chronicles 1 siliconera articles?

soundtrack by sawano and laugh track mandatory.

Better potato faces than the sameface moeshit of XC2.

No but I read old Xeno fan forums where pretentious Xenosaga fans are tearing their hair out over Xenoblade 1 and calling monolith sellouts.

>Well you sure as fuck wouldn't be able to restrain or imprison him, especially in war times
They totally could. Just destroy the mech and take away his weapons and he can't do shit.

Nintendo are probably more hands off but in the most recent Takahashi interview he says they've also denied a dozen game pitches and just told him to focus on Xenoblade.
There's also not a chance in hell we'll ever see a Xeno game again with mascot crucifixions, loli mindrape, child suicide, self decapitation, parents getting murdered in front of their 10yr old girl, lolis being kept on life support in eternal pain or any shit like that. They push the limit a bit in XB2 but it's still nowhere as unrestrained as older Xeno games' plot.

>moeshit
Lurk at least two years before posting.

I like this, but how do we deal with Zanza's awakening and the lost of her monado? Would she have an atonement at the end of the fame instead?

just use a magnet lol

Calling someone new doesn't instantly win you the argument.
You have to challenge me like a big boy, give me some evidence it's not moeshit.

Lao. He's the only villain that actual has a real motive, and he struggles with his decisions multiple times, because he's still a good guy at heart. He just wants to get revenge against a world that wronged him, where his family was left behind on Earth to make way for criminals, pedophiles, useless politicians, etc, and he wanted them all dead like his wife and daughter.

Also, the reason he treats Lin so well is because she's a young Asian girl, just like his dead daughter, so he projects his fatherly affection onto her

Best villain theme in the series, too:
youtube.com/watch?v=MXs1B8UrvHE

Attached: 1556657592282.jpg (1000x1250, 256K)

I think Nintendo just wants a track record with Takahashi first, so they know their money isn't being wasted. With how well 2 did I think they'll give him more freedom to do what he wants.

I tried going through a bunch of articles a while back and it really made me realize how much of that shit has already been deleted. It's a little depressing.

And all in a game that's criticized for it's lack of story.

You'll know in about 20 hours. It's the dumbest shit ever. Rex was tolerable before Chapter 7, but the game takes a huge nosedive in quality for the next 10 hours after that.

Shulk was hell bent of destroying the Mechon in order to get revenge for Fiora, it also seemed like a good idea as the Mechon were attacking right at that moment and having a power boost to the Monado would help greatly
The story couldn't move forward without the Monado being powered up in order to fight the Faced Mechon, so they had to have some kinda of trade off to be able to do this

Attached: 1537560163880.png (698x515, 209K)

>They push the limit a bit in XB2 but it's still nowhere as unrestrained as older Xeno games' plot.
Well yeah.
Takahashi said this decade that his vision as a "game developer" has matured in the sense that he realizes that as a developer and head of a company, he has to make games that people enjoy over games that he personally enjoys. Don't take this the wrong way though since he still sounds really fond of Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2. He's said this around the Xenoblade 1 era when it was obvious he didn't really like Xenoblade 1 that much and was shocked by its acclaim.

Not him but moe isn't an artstyle.

>still trying to push the 'Takahashi doesn't like Xenoblade 1' meme
come on now

>Only wants to protect Asians, let the rest brun

China should be gassed. Or what's left of it.

Malos is by far the best villain simply because of how over the top and hammy he is the whole time

Attached: 70f.jpg (400x400, 18K)

>Best villain theme in the series, too
Lol no
youtube.com/watch?v=FCddxqC1s60

Jin is a pathetic traitor who works with the man that killed his friends, and who dedicates his life to spitting on everything Lorna stood for.

“…there are times when I want people to be more critical.”
– Tetsuya Takahashi, Iwata Asks: In Conversation with Takahashi & Sakaguchi (2011)

“…in terms of my own personal goal–my vision of an ideal game–I’d honestly have to say that it’s barely 5% of the way there.”
– Tetsuya Takahashi, Interview with Tetsuya Takahashi (Nintendo Power, 2012)

“To be honest, there are times when I think I’ve atrophied as a writer since the Xenogears era.”

“I often find myself thinking, ‘One of these days, I’d love to free myself from these sorts of restraints and write whatever I truly want to write’”

“I couldn’t figure out why they would care so much about a game like Xenoblade Chronicles when they had so many superior RPGs to choose from in the West.”

” [I’m] grateful for the game’s positive reputation, [but I and my team] didn’t set out to make Xenoblade Chronicles into the company’s magnum opus. It was made to be an experiment”

>Not him but moe isn't an artstyle
It may not be an artstyle, but moeshit all have the same artstyle.
It changes with the era, but you can instantly tell something is moeshit by the artstyle.
It's like how BL manga all have an artstyle that oozes gay energy.

X had plenty of story, but I never realized how deep it was until I played it a second time. I thought Lao was retarded, too, until I went back and paid attention to him and got all his H2H's.

youtube.com/watch?v=CkHmZ0tKKww
His boss fight theme is better still.

Attached: 1543482808031.png (800x450, 738K)

>but moeshit all have the same artstyle.
Moeshit isn't a genre or "type" of thing either.

The character is garbage, but youtube.com/watch?v=v6xQyJlt7EE is still the best.

This, he's also a constant villain since he's seen most of the game, unlike a lot of the villains that just come out of nowhere. It makes the buildup to both of his final boss fights great.

And yet you guys act like Xenoblade 2 is his baby, even though he said he never expected it to sell big numbers and was bored while playing it and wanted an X port.

Weeaboo isn't an officially recognized term either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Not really. Here is the thing about 2 characters, they are tropy as hell but... wel executed?

I was sure I would hate Rex as soon as I saw him but... he is overall, a well put together, rational kid, with rational flaws and strengs. At worst you could say he is boring... but then the anime tropes on him and the party prevent him to ever be actually boring, at least with everything he has to deal with.

Yes, a little cheesy sometimes, but nothing truly wrong with him on the long run... If not for his design, he would be a really solid JRPG main character.

They struck a really nice balance between him being hammy as hell and also having some pretty interesting characterization.
Of all the things I expected from XB2, great villains was certainly not one of them.

He seems kind of like a joke villain though for like literally the whole game. Like if this guy was the creator of the Star Rod.

Attached: 8f1c96d8b11d9fb423930e923f29aa05.png (420x420, 265K)

The best thing about XC2 is that it redeemed Klaus/Zanza and made them a lot more enjoyable as villains/characters.

Dickson was still far more enjoyable, especially his death, but I don't think Zanza was necessarily a bad villain.

Attached: 53f[1].png (762x1120, 468K)

>And yet you guys act like Xenoblade 2 is his baby,
>And yet you guys
>you guys
Citation needed.
His baby is Xenogears and Perfect Works, hence why he keeps on rehashing it.
Regardless, Takahashi said that Xenoblade 2 was a culmination of almost all of the ideas he's wanted to write into a game over the last 20 years.

>and was bored while playing it and wanted an X port.
He doesn't like JRPGs anymore, he said a few years ago that if he could he'd make a story heavy shooter (like Mass Effect, maybe?) but unfortunately stuff like that doesn't sell. He only makes JRPGs because they're the best video game genre for telling a story.
He's more fond of Xenoblade X for its more Western approach to game design.

He still has zero character development, and the two times he's forced to grow he's bullshitted out of it.

Everyone shits on Shulk for not killing people, but at least that's something that changed about him over the course of his journey.

Lao is good but to say he’s the only one with real motivations is kind of being facetious

>ranking villains by their motivations
This tier list is and always has been garbage.

doesn't sell in Japan*

His best friend is more potato than man.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>but unfortunately stuff like that doesn't sell
Is he mentally retarded?
I guarantee it'll sell way more than Xenoblade.

Source on the story heavy shooter thing? Sounds interesting. I wonder if he's played the original Deus Ex.

>he said a few years ago that if he could he'd make a story heavy shooter (like Mass Effect, maybe?) but unfortunately stuff like that doesn't sell.
Do you have a link to where he said this? Sounds interesting.

see

The cabal is a hivemind, that's why I said "you guys"

It won't sell in Japan, which is the problem. X didn't sell well in Japan compared to 1 and 2.

>cabal
Take your medicine and the boogeyman will go away, schizo.

Attached: Shulk came here to laugh at you.jpg (640x448, 29K)

I really don't like this track because you can tell it wasn't written to be a boss track at all and instead to be a cutscene track for a climatic scene or something.
There is no point in it where you can set a flag and loop back to a previous point of the piece without sounding incredibly jarring, the intro and the final section are played at different time signatures and tempos, and to smooth it our you'd need to write a transition between these two sections for it to loop properly.
I mean, whoever was the sound director for XBX already did a terrible job with looping tracks and audio mastering, but this part is completely not his fault.

That's even more confusing, when has he ever cared what Japan thinks? He's almost as much of a westaboo as Hideo Kojima.

Everybody who disagrees with me is a part of some secret anti-xenoblade 1 illuminati hivemind

And Japan has shit taste, why should he care?

He doesn't care what Japan thinks, but Nintendo's higher ups do.

Literally all of his fucking games are extremely Japanese, even for JRPG standards.
Even outside of X's approach to game design, its story is just mecha throwbacks.
Takahashi's a Westaboo for game design. His story-telling has always been Gainax worship.

HE sort of is, at least in the sense that he’s not actually the main driver (lol) of his own actions. He’s essentially a situation if you had Jesus Christ of Nazareth as a mid-level goon in your evil organization. You might end up beating the head of the organization earlier but the one who’s going to persevere to the end is regional evil manager Jesus

the fuck? Everything he does is anime as fuck

Malos, Zanza, and Dickson were very lacking in the motivations department. Jin is good, but he doesn't really ever struggle with his choice of villainy, unlike Lao, who ends up betraying Luxaar in a redemption arc.

Attached: 207[1].jpg (1280x1817, 312K)

They're anti-X, actually.
They're only anti-Xenoblade 1 when it's convenient for them, when they shit on X, they're /ourguys/, but when the original is praised over XC2, they're suddenly not true Xeno fans.

Because that’s the market that Nintendo pays attention to when deciding what games or projects or creators are successful

He makes all of his games for Japan. With both XB1 and XB2 he's been surprised that the west was actually interested in them and that they sold well there.

malos and jin were edgy dragonball characters, what the fuck are you talking about? shit tier for sure.

And?
So is Kojima's stuff, but you know he's not targeting Japan with his games.

Attached: SX4E01-174.jpg (2880x1575, 1.02M)

>sameface
>moeshit
good one

Zanza and Dickson, sure
Malos had plenty of motivation though. It’s very blatant and straightforward but that’s part of his character, that he’s an entity that essentially copied the motivations of his creator and became further disgusted with the world due to the consequences his own actions had on others

Considering how Prog Ares is designed as a boss, it's not a real problem. I'd be amazed if you got 5 minutes through the fight and didn't kill it or be killed by it. The thing has multiple attacks that insta-kill level 30 Skells, and it'd be hard to not do enough damage while regening your skells.

Nintendo never gives a shit about Japan either.
I love how you guys praise the shit out of Nintendo for giving Takahashi freedom, but the moment he's criticized about something, they're a convenient target.

I want XCX2 to have cameo mechs. Ares 90 is anime as fuck compared to the other mechs in the game, Yaldaboth and Siren would be great additions

They all are
Except for Amalthus who’s an edgy Yu Yu Hakusho character

>westaboo
Imagine actually believing this
youtube.com/watch?v=cP5uBReuOc4
youtube.com/watch?v=2QAL6TYtWvY

Attached: Xenomazinger.webm (1040x292, 2.23M)

wasn't Dickson's motivation literally just "I like to fight so I hang out with Zanza and fight who he wants" or something

Those aren't really his motivations though. Even then, most of the story he just plays Dickson to Jin's Zanza.

Moeshit IS known for sameface, find one magical girl anime without it.

They gave him MORE freedom than Bamco or Square, largely just due to them giving him more budget and time than he was initially allotted
It doesn’t mean he’s not restricted in other ways

>moeshit
>magical girl
You don't know what you're talking about.

>Two things that don't look anything at all alike
What the fuck is this webm?

Lao should have been handled better and I blame how the chapters are separated. He had good motives and you can see him changing throughout the game with his dialogue in h2h

I haven't watched YYH in a long time, but I'm pretty sure it's villains were more complex than RELIGION IS EVIL

You are not wrong, but it's one of those Captain America type of scenarios where character development isn't as needed as the ideals.

Rex's world is fucked, and he is surrownded by people who just fuck it even more. He wants to make things better, he wants the best for everyone, and he himsels is aware of how unrealistic that is but... so what? Is better try to work for the best of the world that just give up because you know the world wouldn't never be perfect. He said as much to Malos in the final fight.

Rex may not have much development, but that's because from the start he has the ideals that the game want to convey from start to finish. It's not perfect, he could have gone through more development and struggles, but there isn't anything bad on his character perse.

His ideal is basic, but noble, to the point nobody can't argue with him because... well then they would be agreeing with Torna and Almalthus! His flaws are to be expected from a kid, and even so, he is weirdly mature for his age (and trope), he really doens't make any truly stupid decission on the game... only acepting the job that let him to met Pyra to begin with, and later being about to give up during his low point. Nothing truly major.

He is not the most interesting character... but he is a nice one to follow, with a good chemistry with the other members of the cast, and most important on a JRPG... he is not really annoying, so at then, as for JRPG heroes goes, is truly hard to be mad at Rex. If anything, most of his faults are in the story telling not giving him much to do, not so much faults to his character perse.

Madoka isn't a magical girl anime just because it WAS SO BRAVE, you fucking hipster.

Wasn't the high entia chief hoping to free him anyway? What did Shulk do wrong?

Attached: Shulk_Hogan.png (813x955, 327K)

There's no sameface outside of Saito characters though. Poppi alpha is the closest there is to moe in the game, and that doesn't even play a significant role.

Literally what the hell are you talking about?

To be fair, the better western RPGs are usually older

Moe is an officially recognized term though.
It not a genre or an artstyle. It's literally a subjective emotion, nothing can be objectively moe.

It is a problem definitely, because the actual track is only 2:56 and from that point on is a completely different track (like most tracks done by Sawano) for a completely different scenario.
And it is a problem because of regardless of how you design a fight to take too long or too fast, the player will find a way to do what you don't want, so a boss track should loop properly regardless.
Don't excuse poorly done songwriting because of a fight's length, there are multiple tracks that are far longer than the fight is but they still loop properly.

I feel he was too old for his type of character, actually.

He shouldn't be that retarded at age 15.

i dropped xenoblade chronicles at like the 10-12 hour mark should i give it another shot i own it on all platforms so whichever is the best platform would be nice to know
as a thank you take this .webm

Attached: 1562546835167.webm (1920x1072, 311K)

What would a Xeno game starring Emeralda, Momo, Lin and Poppi be like?
Melia should have been a loli

Attached: cool tiger.png (970x650, 706K)

Now you see the problem, the game is built around Saito's characters.

Yeah but the only two cases of sameface are
Nia & Rex
And Pyra & Mythra & Pneuma (but they're all the same person so it's justifiable)

Well it’d be Face Nemesis, maybe a mini Bionis for Shulk and Siren and Ophion
But Jin wouldn’t even be the Zanza equivalent, that would be Amalthus
The interaction between Jin and Malos is WAY different than the non-relationship between Zanza and Dickson.
Malos and Jin actually motivate each other to destroy the world in a despair circle jerk when they’re both at their lowest point, forming a co-dependent relationship
Dickson is just revealed to be Zanza’s follower at the betrayal bit with almost nothing given to why or what experiences form the basis of that relationship

Yeah, you can call literally anything art too, but that's not what people mean when they ask the question "Are video games art?" they're actually asking if video games are high art.

When most people hear moe, old hobos in the trash aren't what they're thinking of, regardless of how many moe old hobos exist.

>religion is evil
That’s not Amalthus’ motivation
Well Amalthus has the same motivation as the filler villain about the evil VHS tape

I'm asking you to find a magical girl anime that isn't moe.

Malos motive was the fact that he was "born", he was born with the desire of destroyng the world, and to some degree, he hated the fact that those desires weren't his, but Amalthus's desires, and knowing that Amalthus motives were void.

Still, he saw the world, and the consequences of his actions, and beyond his selfhatred to the fact of being born this way, without truly knowing his purppose, he also realize that... the world was full of Amalthus, and it wasn't worth saving, which only fueled "his" desire to destroy it.

He found a purppose on Jin, a real cause to destroy the world, and he wanted to follow through it, but the more he follow that cause, the more irredamable he felt, and the more self hatred for his actions, his desires, his creation and lack of purpose he felt.

In the end, his motive was "I was created to destroy the world, and that fact alone is so mess up, that I may as well fulfil it!" The fact that he grow to believe more humas were like Amalthus just feed that desire.

Though, after the final battle, is clear that Malus, just like Mythra and Pyra, just wanted to find a why to his existence, and if possible, to be destroyed, being so disgusted as he was to "his" desires and his actions. To some extend, he didn't really wanted to destroy the world, he wanted to die trying to do so.

The only part of his motivations that weren't his own was the initial destructive impulse and general despair/hatred at the state of the world and humanity that came from Amalthus.
Everything that came after meeting Jin after the Aegis War, and seeing how the world treated the people that became their allies was what gave him his own motivations to want to destroy everything. It's basically just a parallel of the development Mythra and Pyra went through. And he dedicates himself to achieving Jin's goals because he recognizes his role in the events that fucked Jin over and feels shitty about it, not just because it gives him an excuse to fight.

If you prefer your JRPGs on portable, then yeah, 3DS
otherwise just emulate it

Moe isn't objective though.
When I say moe, somebody might think of KOS-MOS or Momo.
Somebody might think of Mechon Fiora or Melia (Melia's really popular in Japan so she's pretty moe)
Some people will say Pyra's more moe than Mythra or vice versa.
Some will say none of these characters are fucking moe.

All of them. Moe anime doesn't exist. What does magical girls even have to do with Xeno besides Momo?

I don't think he was handled poorly, but I do think he's much more enjoyable of a character on repeat playthroughs. There's no real way to do a character like him justice, since no one would do all his H2H's on a first playthrough, nor would they pay him much attention, unless they were spoiled on the twist already.

Attached: 1480376047413.jpg (2377x1160, 1M)

>The main fucking characters having sameface isn't a major issue

And Pyra, Mythra, and Pneuma looking the same isn't the problem, it's them looking just like Nia, Rex, if you remove their hair and eye color.

You can easily tell characters in the first two games apart if you remove their hair.

>Malos motive was the fact that he was "born", he was born with the desire of destroyng the world, and to some degree, he hated the fact that those desires weren't his, but Amalthus's desires, and knowing that Amalthus motives were void.
I don't think Malos knew that from the beginning. He really only just seems like he's starting to consider that possibility when he chats with Jin about whether the "hunger" he feels is his or someone else's.

Nigga, anything can be moe
Kaiji is moe and he's got a nose that can cleave stones

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 744K)

You're right, it wasn't his motivation, it was the message behind his character.

Attached: 043[1].jpg (1280x1809, 452K)

why did CHOCO tweet this recently

>You can easily tell characters in the first two games apart if you remove their hair.
Okay, but explain to me where in any practical scenario are you going to be seeing these characters without their hair?
Don't pretend Xenoblade 1 doesn't have a sameface issue either. There was a joke with Mechon Fiora early-on in the game's fandom that she was female Shulk.

how 2 get mechon gf

Attached: D2_wSdDU0AIelMt.jpg (919x1300, 208K)

XCX2 confirmed

Attached: 042[1].jpg (1280x1827, 619K)

Nigga, you realize even your BASED JAPAN, that is 2ch users, have their own slang term equivalent to Yea Forums's "moeshit"?
It's called "moepig"
When even Japanese people consider the moe anime epidemic an issue, and you're too busy stroking your weeaboo ego to even know half the shit you're talking about, I think it's a problem.

And yes, they're even people in Japan that recognize how anime XC2 is compared to the rest of the series, it's almost like they're more than just the perfect little anime loving drones you consider them, and actually people with opinions.

I legitimately would not be able to tell Shulk and Fiora apart if all I had for a reference was their face
In X this issue gets even worse if you remove skin and eye color and go for facial features alone which is what you're trying to go for here

>but explain to me where in any practical scenario are you going to be seeing these characters without their hair?
You never see Goku without hair either, that's not the main argument for why sameface is bad, it's bad because it's lazy.

>I legitimately would not be able to tell Shulk and Fiora apart if all I had for a reference was their face
Well you have autism.

The thing is, how retarded you think he is? Again, the most stupid thing he did on the whole game was: Accepting the shady job from Bana. Giving up after Jin kick the living crap out of him.

I just remember the second fight with Malus and how poorly it went, but then again, first time losing someone in combat, so to be indeed expected from a 15 years old, and in any case, is not like running away would have truly help him either. If anything it was more of Mythra's fault for expecting for everything to go to hell before revealing her power.

For the rest, he started the game just trying to make a living, and doing really good at it to be honest. Then, the whole saving the world just started AFTER he found the one sacred Blade that COULD save the world, and even so, the whole plan was " She says she comes from Elysium, so I will take her there!". Then, if Elysium turned to be real, then the world is save! perfect! Naive yes, but he admitted as much, and said that there was no point in just sitting there, expecting the world to end, if they could at least try something else.

Again, we are not Talking Sora here. For what I expect of kids of this age, in a JRPG, Rex is honestly really solid... shame on his design though.

There are 12 different skull types in X. Everyone is made using the same CaC system, but the main cast you can still largely tell apart, because even characters like Nagi and Boze, that share a skull, have differing scars.

Attached: 115[1].jpg (1280x1807, 316K)

Half of your post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Attached: Riki shiggy diggy.png (814x581, 240K)

He's not Sora level naive, but he's pretty naive.

Haven't played Torna yet. But still, I assume that at that time, he did thought that was what he wanted, and after joining Jin, he found an actual "purpose" to that desire... which made him realize how lacking of purpose that desire was to begin with and started his whole existential crisis as to why he was made.

Then Xeno's a lazy franchise since it's always been full of sameface.

And also, you'd be hard pressed to confuse any of the main cast. L, Elma, Nagi, Lao, Tatsu, Lin, Irina, Gwin, and Doug all have far different faces. Even outside of the concept art, which is actually far better than how they ended up (I can post some if anyone wants)

Attached: 117[1].jpg (1280x1813, 281K)

Kaiji is only moe because of Fujos and that DAMN Bog arc.
that shit caused lots of problems

Attached: HE HATES IT HE REALLY DOES.jpg (803x717, 93K)

What are you talking about then?
If moe isn't an artstyle, or type of anime, way is "moe anime" so hated?

>citing 2ch/5ch as a citation
it's literally the japanese equivalent of reddit, futaba mocks them for being full of normalfags and casuals who don't know what they're talking about

And the problem with that is the retarded fanbase just accepting the fact they're getting lazier and lazier each installment.
I love how XC2 removed core mechanics of the series, and the majority still praised it as the best in the series.
And this isn't even talking about the obvious filler and guest artists

>only moe because of fujos
Kaiji is moe because of his actions, if the fujos draw him looking like a CLAMP bishounen that's on them and it has nothing to do with me.
Also the Bog Arc was a drag indeed, but it's a lot less worse in a marathon.

And? there's still some people on there that hate moe, Japanese people who are able to understand the term why better than you gaijin scum.

>Moe is bad

Attached: 1558988697170.jpg (378x395, 33K)

Not really, his religion wasn't proven to be "Evil", after all, and the Architect, even if a doubious god (I mean, he wasn't a god, but for Alrest, he may as well be one), wasn't evil in the slightest, and in the end, the people of Indol is still believing on their faith.

Amalthus is more of the ultimate nihilist. His faith was put to a test, he failed that test, and his only conclusion was that the world couldn't be saved, and that the intention of his God was to destroy that failed world. We know that's not the case (though his action, ironically, made his God believe that for a couple of centuries), and he hide this from his followers. Amalthus was a corruption to his faith, not a "religion is evil" trope.

And I am saying this as an atheist who loves killing popes in JRPGS, but for once, I don't got that message from this game.

I never said that, I said moeshit is bad.

Just like how Japanese media is okay, but weebshit is trash.

Personally I believe that despite XB2 being my favorite of the three, XC1 was the better done game of them all, because everything it attempted to do, it did it well in its first try.
And the hotbar system existing in that game can be excused as a compromise for the Wiimote being so simplified with the number of face buttons available.
Now as to why they didn't do away with the hotbar and attached the arts to the face buttons when XBX was made I'll never know, maybe back then they thought it was a "something ingrained in the franchise".

Please. I admit I haven't truly tried that hard, but still, I have failed to fail decent official art from X.

can someone convince me to keep playing XC2? I just beat the boss at the end of chapter five, but then the cutscenes afterwards just drained me, and I'm pretty sure I have even more of them until I get to the next area. I care about the aegis war and jin and malos, but I dont give a shit about all of the political bullshit.

>lazier and lazier
Ironically Xenoblade 2 had less than half the staff of Xenoblade 1 and still has much more content and much more varied and dynamic quests.

>I love how XC2 removed core mechanics of the series
And added its own.
Xenoblade X removed core mechanics of Xenoblade 1 too, but added its own.

All of the Xenoblades have their own "core mechanics" that don't carry over into the others.
You're going to be disappointed when Xenoblade 3 or X 2 doesn't have "core mechanics" that were in previous games.

>guest artists
Monolith doesn't have a dedicated character designer. They've always hired freelancers or "guests". Tanaka's usually been their go-to but he was never actually a part of Monolith.

All games with evil churches usually have a "but it's only the crazy ones!" message by having good priests and that like.
That doesn't make it any less preachy in my eyes, I'm sick of the evil priest trope in everything, outside of SMT, because it actually breaks the mold and lets you be the righteous crusader killing in God's name.

It wasn't even that
The Architect turns out to be a really chill dude, the majority of the Praetorium members are really good people who care for others and the Praetorium itself, outside of the machinations of Amalthus, did help a ton of refugees and other people.

>Just like how Japanese media is okay, but weebshit is trash.
So you hate Xeno?

>Ironically Xenoblade 2 had less than half the staff of Xenoblade 1 and still has much more content and much more varied and dynamic quests
if by more content you mean cutscenes, then yes, yes it did.

The beginning of chapter 6 absolutely does have a big old block of political bullshit interspersed with what I'd consider the worst part of the game, but from what I remember, once it's over with you're pretty much done with the political crap.

exhentai.org/g/893049/667c501639/
Just scroll through the official artbook. Even Lin looks fantastic. Tanaka actually understands how to make faces look different too.

Attached: 066.jpg (2144x3047, 1.05M)

God being a good dude doesn't fix an religion is evil message, God himself can't be religious.

gotcha, and chapter 7 is supposed to be kino right? does anyone have the enjoyment chart for xc2 out of curiosity?

>Tanaka actually understands how to make faces look different too.
then why did he give shulk and fiora's xb2 designs such shit sameface

The series teeters on the edge between being a Japanese game and weebshit.

You could say I love it, and hate it.
I see the good in it, but it also feels like it's actively trying to fuck me over by taking nosedives into sheer bullshit.

Chapter 5 you said? well, after dealing with a minor political scheme on Indol (very much a glorify side quest), everything on the main plot, is about Jin, Malus, Torna and the Aegis war (And some other bigger, none political plot points) from this point onward.

Put it this way. Once you leave Indol, and got to Tantal, all on chapter 6, the political stuff just ends.

That seems to be something of the consensus.
Torna shows that he has the same twisted 'selfless' desire to destroy the world born out of his inherited misanthropy and disdain for human flaws. But it's clear that his motivations for the same actions become a lot more personal and potent when he meets Jin and sees how his own actions made the world worse for a good person.

Here's L.

Attached: 082[1].jpg (1280x1834, 334K)

Because you're an autist with a hateboner for XC1

We have played different games then. My evil churches plots usually end with the final boss being God, who was actually evil all along.

Chapter 7 has some moments I liked a lot, don't know if I'd call it kino though.
I don't think I've seen an enjoyment chart for XB2. Opinions on the game tend to vary so wildly that I'd be wary of putting too much stock in one - aside from people generally disliking chapter 4 things just feels like they're all over the place.

More L concept art I personally really like the theory that L was supposed to have different "forms" depending on the continent he was on.

Attached: 083[1].jpg (1280x1816, 319K)

But the religion itself was good for the most part, outside of Amalthus himself. It had bad parts, but it also had genuinely good parts.
It was an organized religion with all the faults that inherently come with that.

what the fuck?
I love XB1, I just think Shulk and Fiora have sameface in 2

Celica with Pyra-tier tiddies. She's absolutely fucking stacked.

Attached: 086[1].jpg (1280x1823, 332K)

I couldve sworn I had seen one in these threads months ago, saying when you lose the aegis for a while it sucks, but after that it just keeps getting better and better

Oh, you mean in 2.
Will 2 has a moefag artstyle so everyone looks the same.

Concept art Celica is legitimately the best girl in the entire series. If only she looked like that in game. Her beta designs were god-like, too. I hope she plays a more prominent role in X2. She feels like she should be part of the main cast.

Attached: 087[1].jpg (1280x1805, 360K)

to be fair, they had sameface in XC1, so maybe they are just meant to look similar maybe tanaka has an incest fetish

A lot of games did the "It was actually the crazed zealot and god was good the whole time" thing.

Castlevania's evil priests come to mind, outside of the fedora tipper from the Netflix series.

The enjoyment chart really depends on what you care about and also what your context is.
For instance, a lot of people hate the latter half of Chapter 4 since it doesnt have that much to do with furthering the main plot and centers on Tora more than anything.
But, many people actually really like that arc since the whole thing is a reference to old mecha anime, both in structure and in overt iconography.
So it's hard to make a single enjoyment chart that fits even a majority of experiences.
I think a lot of that just has to do with them both being around the same age and conventionally attractive

>religion is evil

Torna made it pretty clear that it was (Ironically it's somehow less militant and more like an actual faith after Amalthus takes over). Or at least didn't put nearly enough emphasis on the fact the Tornan's had a big angry Titan death machine to keep them in power.

wait I think I'm heading to Tantal now, you're saying I'm done with political stuff now, or after Tantal?

The next area immediately after losing Pyra/Mythra is the worst area in any Xenoblade game, hands down. It's worse than the Ganglion Base in X. Fuck Elpys. It doesn't help that, unless you know before hand, you usually have no way of making Rex useful in time for it, so he just gets benched and you're stuck facetanking everything with Tora and running through to the end.

Attached: 088[1].jpg (1280x1827, 294K)

Does god ever show up in the Castlevania series? I genuinely don't remember if he does or if it's just tools that bear his influence

I'm talking about Tanaka's art for them, which is just his normal style
what are you smoking
yeah but they're at least a LITTLE different in 1.

if you're done with the Bana bullshit and have Morag back, you're done
if not, you're in for some real garbage

The average time to 100% Xenoblade 1 is 166 Hours
The average time to 100% Xenoblade 2 is 257 Hours.
The size of Xenoblade 1's world is 30 square kilometers (Half of this is Eryth Sea which is mostly water, by the way)
The size of Xenoblade 2's world is 102 square kilometers.

Really 'lazy' for a team of 40 people.

This is a role-playing game, right? Shoukdn't the decision be the player's choice? Would that not make for a more interesting game?

Attached: 1560886195233.jpg (1016x774, 338K)

And that doesn't make the fact that his character was made to show the evils of religion any better, I've acknowledged that lots of games do this, look at FE, there's good priests, and evil priests to kill people in god's name, those evil priests were written solely to show the contradictions that arise from organized religion, that's not good writing, they don't have characters, and before you say there were real crazed zealots like that, just because something is realistic, doesn't automatically make it good writing.

Maybe it's because I didn't use Rex at all, but I liked Elpys. The only irritating part was the boss fight at the end.
Do you have a source on those world sizes? That doesn't sound right at all. And does it count the Cloud Sea around each area?

I don't think so.
IIRC there was a theory the time traveler in Curse of Darkness was God, but nothing is confirmed.

>Square kilometers
>On a guy's back and half a robot

Attached: KL7zcqK.jpg (500x333, 24K)

Except his character was absolutely not meant to show the evils of religion, but the evils of sociopathy and egocentricity, wrought from his personal tragedy making him more bitter and cynical about the world and building up his own sense of importance.
There are good bishops and religious entities below Amalthus within the Praetorium, such as the myriad of individuals helping to care for the refugees or those that push others to act in an altruistic way.
Amalthus is from a religious society and has a crisis of faith that he re-orients into a delusion to protect his sense of self and justify his cynicism towards humanity. You can see a relatively secular version of his personality in Torna Malos, and I don't think anyone would say Malos is meant to represent religion's bad points

>But, many people actually really like that arc since the whole thing is a reference to old mecha anime, both in structure and in overt iconography
Those people probably laugh at Family Guy's references.

Why is an official artbook posted on Exhentai? And is that really the best link you could find?

The Castlevania series has weird past, cause the church isn't evil in the games by any means... but they did burn Dracula's wife, exile the Belmonts, and persecuted Sypha.

So, in canon, the church was a bunch of assholes on this time (both in Castlevania and in real life), but later on the canon, they are the good guys, and many characters work for them, so yeah, it's a narrative necessity of adapting Castlevania III.

I think God mades his presences know somehow in the lord of Shadows games. In the main series... not so much. The closest is Dawn of Sorrow, that taking place in a world without Dracula, have some characters making the point of for God to be Truly good, there must be someone to take the place of lord of everything evil.

>The average time to 100% Xenoblade 2 is 257 Hours.
Counting the DLC isn't fair to Xenoblade 1.

In DnD terms, WRPGs and JRPGs are two different approaches to creating digital Table Top RPGs, generally speaking.
Even in actual table top rpgs, there's not an absolute level of freedom but more just the opportunity to react to a starting premise and the various events that come from that.
WRPGs tend to lean into the player freedom a bit more, but at the expense of depth of the player character.
However, JRPGs tend to be more like a single set campaign where the player is asked to roleplay as an existing character with a bio and everything, which happens often when players don't know who to make for their character without self-inserting.

WHY THE FUCK IS CHUGGA PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER?! WHY ISN'T HE GETTING ON WITH HIS XENOBLADE X PLAYTHROUGH, OR HIS STICKER STAR PLAYTHROUGH?! WE'VE BEEN WAITING FUCKING YEARS FOR THOSE!!!

>There are good bishops and religious entities below Amalthus within the Praetorium
And as I said, that doesn't make it any better.
And I don't care if his background was the real reason he was evil, he was still meant to show that just because someone was a priest, they're not automatically a good person.

You really sound like you're a pulling a "It's okay when Xenoblade does it" and seeing what's not actually there, or you ignored it in the other games I brought up.

Has a weird pass*

>it's a narrative necessity of adapting Castlevania III.
Isn't it also a narrative necessity to have Grant as a main character?

Because he's a huge asshole that somehow thinks Twilight Princess is too overrated for him to do an LP of, yet sucks Majora's Mask and Wind Waker's dick.

Doesn't he fucking hate sticker star?

>dude ad hominem projection lmao

>ad hominem
Put down the onions latte.

>he was still meant to show that just because someone was a priest, they're not automatically a good person.
I don't think that was the point of his character at all. Hell, the Architect basically outlines what the point of his character was at the end. If you wanted to guess as to what his role in the greater story was MEANT to be, I'd it was to form a throughline of the tragedies that strike the three main antagonists of the game and how those tragedies are what pushed them to become destructive and spiteful (which goes in line with the larger Power of Friendship message by inverting the protagonists' version of it)
Amalthus' despair created Malos, Malos' and Amalthus' destruction (wrought from his inherited despair and hatred) created Jin, and Jin's own despair reinforced Malos' hatred

He's still obligated to LP it, since he's done all the previous Paper Marios, and has been able to record from a 3DS for years.

Yes, but as much as it bothers me the lack of grant, it would have been even worse if Trevor was a local hero, Sypha was a beloved local Witch, and Dracula's wife was never burned, so he never started his campaign to destroy humanity. The Church NEEDS to be an asshole on the Middle ages (as they were) for the plot of Castlevania to even begin.

>You really sound like you're a pulling a "It's okay when Xenoblade does it" and seeing what's not actually there, or you ignored it in the other games I brought up.
except he's not saying it's okay for xenoblade to make a 'religion is bad' message, he's arguing that's not even the intended message of the character or the organization in the game

>You used this specific word or phrase I don't like, therefore you are disregarded forever
Fine, I'll speak simpler: You're pulling that claim out of your ass.

No one is obligated to play a bad game with no story relevance

They are if they want views... or I am the only one who watch playthroughs of bad games to enjoy the suffering of others?

You are if you have millions of subscribers knocking down your door to play every single game in a franchise you've played an installment in.

>They are if they want views
>Chugga has currently been uploading a crapton of SGDQ-esque romhack randomizer/gimmick stuff on the TRG channel for at least six months
Yeah, so I don't see why he hasn't played Sticker Star yet.

If that wasn't the intention of his character, he wouldn't have been a priest.

You can say he was well written, poorly written, whatever, but the point of him being a priest at all was to highlight the fact that literally anyone can be a priest, and they're not some supreme force of justice.

Like, make an evil cop character, no matter how realistic you make his motivations, he's still an evil cop.

>Concept art Celica is legitimately the best girl in the entire series
Close but no cigar. This qlu is cuter.

Because Shulk and Fiora always had creepy sameface? Short hair Fiora looks like Shulk is dating a female version of himself.

Attached: 1544181298555.jpg (735x747, 99K)

Wait, people really want to see a playthrough of sticker star? Why
It's good if the game is badly designed to the point that it becomes frustrating or unintuitive or just hilariously bad, like DMC2 or Sonic Adventure
But it's different if it's just a boring game. You'd be better served by a series of screenshots of the player's face every 30 minutes, compiled into a single collection for you to skim through in chronological order

You don't kill a god in XCX and XC2.

>if anyone makes a character a priest, then that's the centerpiece of the point of their character
that's absolute nonsense. that's like saying that the point of zanza is that scientists can be bad, which isn't the point at all.
>Like, make an evil cop character, no matter how realistic you make his motivations, he's still an evil cop.
I agree, everything is dumb and overt if you reduce everything to only its literal elements

Sonic Adventure isn't any of those things, dude.

>No Fei
neo/v/4.

>Xenogears
Graf
Kahran Ramsus
Gazel Ministry
Fei's personality disorder(Id)
Krelian
Lacan
Shamefur dispray.

Attached: grahf fei.jpg (640x480, 30K)

I didn't pull it out of my ass, it was mid Wind Waker I believe, he said Twilight Princess was too overrated for him to consider playing, he even said it in a douchebaggy mocking voice, like anyone asking him was an asshole for even considering it.
This, combined with the ending of the Mother 3 LP was what made me stop watching him.

Nah, if she was so cute, she wouldn't have been cut. Neilnail a shit.

It's hilariously bad when you fuck up momentum a bit but the game still expects you to be going a certain speed over a ramp, so the moment you push forward again in that direction, it ejects you at the minimum necessary speed to get over the ramp

>>No Fei
>neo/v/4.
because it's just a ranking of protagonists from the xenoblade games, dumbass
you don't see shion in there, do you?

It's Xenoblade only

HOPE I'M NOT INTERRUPTING.

Attached: Metalface.png (1280x720, 658K)

If you played Xenoblade 1 and didn't spend all of your traversal time trying to do backwards jumps you didn't play Xenoblade 1

Yikes

Not him but... has you watch LP of Sonic adventure? even for those who has nostalgia for that mess, everything reach a glorious melt down once Big the Cat enters the scene.

The general janckyness of the rest of the game in general doesn't help either, but it's always hilarious.

You are, we're having a conversation with someone we believe to be my dead girlfriend and we were hoping to get some answers. Could you come back later?

the jump lag in xenoblade 2 is a fucking crime against humanity

youtube.com/watch?v=sYEDQeC7Ip0

>that's absolute nonsense. that's like saying that the point of zanza is that scientists can be bad
Scientists aren't known for being a force of justice.
And it only makes sense for a scientist experiment to be what caused the end of the world.

There was no reason to make a villain a priest outside of spreading a message about religion. You can't really do a plot of organized religion and NOT make some statement on it.

*interrupts your speech with gunfire*

Attached: Dli2gwhV4AA6y1U.jpg (1193x1080, 145K)

>when someone says they're going to USE their Blade

I enjoyed Xenogears after Xenoblade 1 but I couldn't get into Xenosaga 1 at all. It felt like a huge step back from Xenogears and XBC1. Not only that everything pointed to Xenosaga 2 sucking balls and Xenosaga 3 being ok but too little too late.

Attached: grahf ass kicked.png (1440x1080, 924K)

You kill Malus in XC2, which is a bigger sin against the world.

I don't remember him saying anything like that, but even then, it's been years, and he still ended up playing Majora's Mask (which is pretty much the least controversially popular Zelda on Yea Forums and enough of a substitute for Ocarina that Gamefaqs made it win the 00's Game of the Decade award just to avoid Smash Bros Brawl winning it after beating Melee) AND Skyward Sword (the most controversial game, during which LP he complained a lot about a bunch of sections in it, but also explained during the Tadtones part WHY SS seemed so fucking rushed and Wiimote-gimmicky), and it's been like two years since Best of the Worst released, so he's probably changed his mind on that opinion.
>the ending of the Mother 3 LP
Never watched his original Earthbound LPs, what happened? Did he get autistic like he did during the final boss of Okami?

>He hasn't played the Xeno Gameboy game

Attached: Monado.png (1187x809, 479K)

Based. Elma is the best Xeno protag.

Attached: 1557628135706.jpg (1200x763, 200K)

Boring stupidity =/= unplayable glitchfest. There's a large difference between messy games like SA1 and broken games like Assassin's Creed Unity

Yeah, but they are considered a force for good generally.
>There was no reason to make a villain a priest outside of spreading a message about religion
You mean aside from having a character who is in a position of power?
Are you suggesting a character can't be a priest or attached to a religious entity without being a direct statement about religion as a whole?
You're making the argument that the fact that Amalthus is evil means that the purpose of his character was to say Religion is evil. But you're actively ignoring the fact that a character's faults can reflect only partially on the organizations they're attached to, and potentially even not at all

Dude, historically speaking, there is hundreds of IRL reason to make a priest a villain. The Holly wars weren't a happy time, and there weren't any real good guys in neither side. And that's the most black and white example. There are plenty of horrible things made by many churches in many religions, some by Faith, some by greed, some by both.

Is really easy to make the church the bad guys, because even today there are plenty of church giving us reasons to see them that way. If anything, is a good thing that the media makes an effort to say "But it's just this individuals, not the overall church, much less the faith" from time to time.

You're trying way too hard to fit in, retard.

What do you want more:

>Xenoblade X2, taking place in and around the New Paris ship that landed elsewhere on Mira, fighting the Ghost instead of the Ganglion

>Xenoblade 2.5, taking place after the new continent formed, with Pyra/Mythra losing their previous memories but remaining split

Attached: 1552106820539.jpg (768x1024, 89K)

>Did he get autistic like he did during the final boss of Okami?
I don't know what happened in Okami, but what he did with Mother 3 is certainly what I'd call autistic.

He did a whole bunch of editing to make it seem more intense, like it was a video project or something, and he had other youtubers do fucking voice acting for it, not even kidding, he had every character be voiced by a different youtuber in the final confrontation up to the post credits scene.

He reminded me a lot of the hipster Mother fans, the kind that jumped on the series just because it was different, and consider it some 2deep4u masterpiece.

How does that make him a huge asshole?

You don't get what he's saying. That guy is actually suggesting that if you have a character who is a villain (even a mildly sympathetic one) that is attached to a religious entity, then their moral alignment within the story is a comment on religion (or a specific religion) as a whole.
He's saying you can't have a character who is religious and is NOT a socio-political statement about religion, that any religious character is inherently a political statement

Xenoblade X2.
I have no interest in direct sequels to XB2, its story is done.

XBX2
I loved XB2 but I think Takahashi wants to write something a bit less traditional in structure and, in his own words, more dark and erotic like my American drama shows.
I think he has ideas and plans for stuff that would fit well within XBX2.

X2, in any capacity. I actually liked XC2 more than X, but I rather to leave the story as it is, while I know there a plenty of things to do with X still.

If anything, I rather XC3 to come out, be it's own story, taking place in a seemingly new setting,just to pull a twist similar to XC2 in regard the original, and reveal a huge connection with 2 (like the new setting, was the new Alrest all along)

>. If anything, is a good thing that the media makes an effort to say "But it's just this individuals, not the overall church, much less the faith" from time to time.
That's actually a bad thing, and utter nonsense. In actuality, especially for the Abrahamic religions, the good religious folk are good IN SPITE of what their religion tells them to do. The Bible, Torah, and Quran are brutal, and a lot of the fanfiction written about them (like the Hadiths, Dante's Inferno, etc) are quite harmful as well.

>The Qur’an tells us: “not to make friendship with Jews and Christians” (5:51), “kill the disbelievers wherever we find them” (2:191), “murder them and treat them harshly” (9:123), “fight and slay the Pagans, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem”

I'm not saying the game as a whole had a "religion is evil" message, just that his character was made a priest solely to show that priests can also be evil.

And he's a non-character at that, a freaking Saturday morning cartoon villain, so forgive me for seeing him only as a walking evil priest trope.

I really couldn't care less for revisiting the exact same setting as a previous Xeno game. If the new Xeno X game took place somewhere completely different, I'd be fine as long as they kept the focus and atmosphere similar.

>He reminded me a lot of the hipster Mother fans, the kind that jumped on the series just because it was different, and consider it some 2deep4u masterpiece.
Eh, everybody finds their own meaning in the games they grow emotionally attached to, especially in a Dragon Quest clone that seems to be provoking this kind of attachment out of its players.
And it's not like he pulls any weird editing shit like that ever again. Though it's probably because people complained about it.

Being a pretentious dipshit that talks out of your ass is pretty assholish in my opinion.
He also brought up the theory of Majora being female at the end of his Majora's Mask LP, and acted like it was totally something he came up with on his own, and not a common theory you can easily find online.

It's likely that a new Xenoblade X would continue following the story of Elma, though. No idea how they'd handle the world. Either a majority of the tyrants would (or should) be canonically dead, or you just assume that the Cross from the previous game did the absolute bare minimum.

Would be nice if you could transfer over save data. It's going to be hard to make a sequel where everyone resets to either level 1 or level 60.

Attached: 1533751069049.png (1500x2645, 3.82M)

first off kill yourself for putting a question mark at the end of something that wasn't a question
second off Jin is spectacularly written, he's Gollum but more human and more compelling

>Being a pretentious dipshit that talks out of your ass is pretty assholish in my opinion.
Stones and glass houses, man. And that's not even a favorable comparison, since you're railing against something he said YEARS ago, while your dickishness is on full display right this moment.

And I'm disagreeing since I think the point of his character being religious was to create the basis for his initial motivation to reach Elysium and speak to the Architect. His fall to despair from there was largely due to his own history and trauma, which is largely caused by non-religious forces such as the malice others inflict on innocents (such as his mother or the family in the house during the Aegis war).
Him being a priest is largely his own machinations to take advantage of the good will the Praetorium has built up to orchestrate the downfall of the world. But that's driven by Amalthus' personal experiences, not his religious beliefs. He isn't motivated by his religion, though it does affect the flavor his pre-existing megalomania.

Twilight Princess sucks, and I'd legitimately stop watching if he did an LP of it. I watched Binyot do a playthrough of it when TPHD came out, and I still hated that, despite him generally being quicker and less thorough than Chugga.

Thank God he isn't doing another Zelda. Phantom Hourglass and Skyward Sword were bad enough. Good thing Chrono Trigger is short, so hopefully we can get Xenoblade X next, unless he decides to do Splatoon 2 or something.

X2
2's world already told the story it had to tell

The Bionis Interior and Prison Island plus the Lorithia and Zanza boss fights were a dumb fucking decision. I was so hyped by how much bigger the game kept getting, and instead of fighting Zanza you have to take a massive detour to go through two new areas and fight two people who are only bosses for the sake of padding out a game. Those sections bring the game to a grinding stop, and as cool as the final boss battle is the game can't regain its momentum

I don't really know what kind of weird agenda you have here, but at the risk of making the argument even more complicated, my personal take is that XB2(and really the xeno metaseries as a whole) is not so much an argument against organized religion as it is against "religiosity" in general, which is arguably worse/more extreme(depending on your viewpoint).

Amalthus in particular is pretty accurately summed up in Klaus' speech: "When a person loses something, they cannot help but seek a reason why -- within themselves, or in others. They seek a concrete answer to the question of who they really are, deep inside. Such a very lonely existence. But perhaps, that is what it is to be human." It is the very struggle to create meaning of ANY kind, whether spiritual/religious or not, that begets conflict and suffering.

Honestly XB2's core themes are extremely dark, but people miss a lot of it because of the generally lighthearted tone it has

I said I stopped watching him, so I don't know if he's changed, I'm just letting out what I felt about him, the version of him I knew.

>Good thing Chrono Trigger is short
He's playing the DS version.
As in, the version that adds a bunch of awful MMO sidequests that go nowhere and accomplish nothing.

A version of him that's like 10 years out of date.

Are you acting like he was a tragic character or something?
I feel like you're seeing something that's not there, he's a cardboard cutout evil priest JRPG villain.

user, it's more than passable at 720p / 30 fps. Quit being a bitch and play it

Completing Chrono Trigger still only takes about 30 - 35 hours. He's already at the Tyrrano Lair, so I'm assuming it'll probably be another month and Chrono Trigger will be done.

Attached: DQ3Ku[1].png (1093x674, 1.26M)

I never said the game as whole had a message against religion, and I don't know why you keep pretending that's my argument.

Yikes, this is your brain on weebshit

So, you said to let's pretend there is no evil inside religious groups, and just continue working with our plots of Evil Empires, Alien invasions, Greedy corporations, zombies, maybe Pirates and some none religious Demons from time to time?
Sorry to break this to you, but the problem with Religion is that, the moment you start to think it to much, you have to rewrite very much all beliefs to make them morally acceptable in the modern age.

Sorry to break this to you, but the reasons why Religious villains aren't going anywhere anytime soon is because doing horrible things, for faith, beliving they are the right thing, is a very real thing, there is no way around it, and Church through history are a prime example of this. So again, the best media can do, is instead of saying "faith and religion are evil" is just said that faith perse isn't evil, but not everything works as it was writhe houndreds of years ago OR the actions of this one asshole doesn't represent the whole faith.

Is either that, or pretending the "evil religion" trope is just a myth, without basis in reality.

And again, just one evil Priest doesn't mean the game is making an statement. Is a person in power, corrupted by power, big deal.

I'm arguing he is a tragic character, or at least meant to be. Whether he was tragic to you personally is something else altogether, but there's a reason why Klaus compares Amalthus to himself and to Jin in the end, and why Amalthus' last words were for a vision of his mother, whose loss is what began his misanthropy and descent into despair.
It's very clear that he's not just meant to be a one dimensional power-hungry religious zealot, that the religious aspect is largely secondary to his personality and character.

>So, you said
I'm not the guy you were arguing with.

And?
I didn't even know he still made videos.
Hell, he used to make gay jokes and I now for a fact he probably regrets that, but I'm just giving my opinion on why I stopped watching him, and consider him an asshole.
I'm not interested in having an argument about this, I don't really watch e-celebs as a whole anymore, and think it's really stupid to discuss them on Yea Forums.

Well he did say he made the Monado and can give it more power, the Monado's already a bitching cool sword so imagine how cool it'll look if he improves it. I say go for it.

Because even for Amalthus, you're wrong in your argument by the in-game god describing what the point of his character was. God literally tells the player that the point of Amalthus' character and backstory weren't about religion but human response to trauma and loss

So you admit that there is a statement about religion in his character, yet it's secondary, you're starting to backpedal now.

> I stopped watching him, and consider him an asshole.
TP-babies everyone. The game was shit. Get over yourself.

>All these desperate anons up there wishing for XBX2.
But is coming out next month.

Attached: 20190618_155737.jpg (977x542, 108K)

So...you're saying that Amalthus has basically nothing to do with the story and is just shoehorned in because it's a JRPG and JRPGs have an obligatory evil priest quota? Is that it?

Because if it is I'm sorry but that's just dead wrong.

>Shulk stops going for Revenge once he got Fiora back
I mean, yeah, it looks that way when you ignore that he gets time to learn that not all Mechon are mindless murdering machines or sadists like Mumkhar from his visit to the Fallen Arm and having Mayneth around who was hoping to avoid a mass-murdering spree between the monado bearer and the mechon.

It started to become less and less about KILL ALL THE MECHON and more about targeting the real source of this war between the Bionis/Mechonis and its real perpertrators - a despairing Egil and the god-complex warlord Zanza (and friends)

Except the Mechons you kill literally drop bloody faces, while the soldiers and Drivers you fight at worst drop Core Crystals, which might at worst imply you killed them and took their Blade's core, but it could also be an inactive core they were carrying on them.

You haven't even played these games, fuck off already.

No, I'm saying the religious element of his character (i.e., the fact taht he's a priest) is unimportant thematically outside of the fact that he happens to color his delusions of grandeur in the context of the belief system he grew up in. But, you can look to Klaus or Jin or even Egil to see alternate belief systems coloring the way those character build up their ego, not all those belief systems being spiritual or religious in nature.

sorry user, but you're wrong about the best villain theme in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=JJh6pj1HBHk

I don't even like TP, I'm a Majora's Mask fag.
But calling TP overrated is like saying Minecraft is a hidden gem.
After the honeymoon phase wore off, nobody talked about it ever again.

It looks cool, but I'm gonna have to wait on it to see how it reviews.

Reminder that Lacan is the best Xenovillain.

Sure, but I will remind you that there's a good chance reviewers will be shit given how they reviewed Wonderful 101

Shulk is fucking based and would totally kick Malos's ass.

Shulk's big long Monado Buster >>> Malos's small thin Monado Buster.

You're saying his delusions were amplified because of his religion, yet it's somehow not a statement on what religion can do to a person?

t. Diabetic
YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSULIN

Not, he did not, he just said that all the Religious aspect that are on the character (Being kind of a pope and all that, something you have to be blind to not see) are secondary, or flat out irrelevant.

What matters about Almathus is what lead him to be what he is, and the fact that he found the power to acts as he did. He could have been a king, a president, or just a very rich guy who managed the blades for other nations as a weapond dealer, and wouldn't make any difference.

His character arch, and only relation to religion overall is that, he tried to find God, and when he failed, his answer, and emphasis on HIS answer, was that the world had no salvation, and it was his mission to destroy it, on the name of the god that forgot him.

That's why I said I'll wait. I trust user reviews far more than critic reviews, unless the game is highly contentious like BotW and gets a ton of shitposters.

This game is too niche for normalfag reviewers, they will bash it as result. Better watch some gameplay without commentary and make you own opinion.

Attached: 1557967136216.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I don't give a crap what the ingame god said.
He also considered Rex a shining example of a human being.

>Trusting reviewers with Platinum games
Don't make me hunt down the article where the reviewer said he didn't find Unite Guts very useful, user.

If the High Entia ancestors knew that Zanza was an evil god that would destroy the world, why do no current High Entia know about it? Did the ancestors not pass that knowledge down or document it anywhere? Because that seems like something that would be pretty important to keep known.

Amlthus is the main villain of the story... he has nothing to do with Religion. He could be a Prince, or a Pirate, as long as he has some position of political power, and the story wouldn't change.

>human response to trauma and loss

Good thing he's subhuman then. #knife ears

No, I said they were colored by his religion. That is to say, instead of saying "I'm the smartest scientist ever and will save the world", he says "I'm the chosen one of god"
Same type and severity of delusion, just expressed in different metrics of importance since the value system is different.
>He also considered Rex a shining example of a human being.
I definitely don't remember that. He said that his relationship with Pyra/Mythra was part of what gave him hope for humanity again, but he was largely happy to meet the party as a whole.
The explicit word he used to describe the state of humanity as shown by the party was "enough"

>are secondary, or flat out irrelevant
Not the same thing.
And if religion had nothing to do with his character, they wouldn't have made him a priest in the first place.

It's not like this is the first game in the series with a questionable priest, even if we only looked at the Blade games.

see
You gotta wait for everyone to finish it first, and then the user reviews will come in.

The only game I bought before reading the reviews was Hollow Knight, and it ended up being my GOTY 2017, tied with BotW.

A sequel to 2 would only be good if it focused on the side blades, but face it 95% of the audience didn't give a shit about those going by fanart, and if you keep Pyra/Mythra it already fails on a power level scaling.

>he says "I'm the chosen one of god"
And you don't consider this THE number 1 evil priest cliche?

I guess the game is too niche to get shitposting user reviews unless certain someone decides to attack it.

They did kind of pass down information (that's why the royal family was focused on diluting the bloodline by mixing with Homs - so they would no longer transform into Telethia), but it's likely that Zanza always had people like Lorithia/the Bionite order around to muddy things up.

>And if religion had nothing to do with his character, they wouldn't have made him a priest in the first place.
See , the reason he was religious was because it provides the context for why he would want to make a pilgrimage to Elysium to speak to the Architect and thus starts the events of the main story.
Him becoming a priest is more about him trying to accumulate power within the society he was born into, less about the actual religiousness of the character himself

It's pretty disingenuous to argue that just because the basic beats of a story would still function if you changed that, it wouldn't meaningfully impact the way that the story is presented and interpreted to change that. Yes, the basic function of 'powerful dude acting as a Blade dealer while plotting in secret' doesn't require the religious aspect, but that doesn't mean it would be the same story at all if you changed it.

>Him becoming a priest is more about him trying to accumulate power within the society he was born into
There's no implication that Amalthus became a priest because he wanted power. The game just makes it seem like he genuinely wanted to help people.

Definitely. Any major Wojak-magnet releases taint the user reviews. If you see more than 1 Golden Wojak per 50 posts, you stay far, far away from the user reviews.

Attached: 1362274121907.png (375x450, 119K)

Do you really believe he didn't buy into that shit?
He acted like it was God's fault his life sucked.

I want a fucking Mushou with all ghe rare blades, make it a sequel of xbc2 explaining how stuff is doing in the new world. Also make it that the two worlds did fuse together at the end of their respective games (which at the same time).

Attached: IMG_20190701_072011.jpg (2048x1524, 563K)

imagine being this kind of subhuman retard

It's a Platinum game that has cutscenes, 100% guaranteed ACfag will start a shitposting campaign, it's also a Nintendo exclusive with anime aesthetics, 80% chance Blunderfag will chime in as well, if he's not too busy with Pokémon.

Not really, because evil priests are usually driven by power and selfishness and greed. They are fundamentally hypocrites to the values they serve, but they have no personality or background outside of that. Like you've said before, the point of the character existing is to undermine the idea that a priest must be a good guy.
The issue with saying Amalthus falls into this trope is that his motivation exists outside of the religious context he was raised in, but the religious context exists so that the actual in-game god's children can be brought down to the surface and instigate the events of the game. His religious context could be removed altogether if literal God and his children didn't exist as a story element
That's a good point actually. I'd say then that the reason he became a priest was so he could try to do some good within the context and venues his society provided.

I wonder what would have happened if Klaus did appear to Amalthus and explained him that he is not a god but just another "fool indeed". Would Amalthus have gone even more insane knowing that "god" is flawed?

I believe he believed it, but it's not his driving motivation since we're presented with similar characters to him that are driven by secular motivations (or at least as secular as you can be when to destroy the world)

Malos is Ardyn then.

Attached: ardyn.jpg (765x512, 98K)

He would have attacked it already, instead he is here insulting anybody that makes any mention of xbc2 with pics.

It's not like side content ever gets the focus on fanart. Why draw a Rare Blade or a weird non-party member alien when you can just draw the heroine 5000 times.

Attached: D5P6aiyUUAE1q9w.jpg (988x824, 159K)

It's not religion what his character is about, he flat out doesn't believe the same faith his church is about.

His character is about lost of faith, he lost faith on himself, humanity and the world. But can't just accept the idea that her mother die without purppose, that his lost was meningless, but after trying to be a good person didn't make the world a better place, and his search for god failed, he convince himself that God leave the world to die.

Then, when he found the power of the Aegis, his believe of God wanting to let the world to die, turning on the belief of God wanting HIM to destroy the world on his name. Again, this are the ideals of one single Individual, that don't represent ANYONE on his church. Even his soldiers think they are fighting to reach God before Torna or anyone not worth of it, they are not aware the plan is to destroy the world before Torna, because Amalthus thinks thats his duty.

His priest attire is a question of power, and how evil people can reach positions of power, even in organizations that are meant for good.

But user, all rare bladed (except nim) do get a respectable amount of fanart.

I'd say the evil priest archetype usually leans on the "religion itself isn't bad, it's the fact that this one guy is using it to further his own ends that's bad" tack. Usually the priest in question doesn't even believe in the religion he's using to further his schemes.

Then there's the "madman who wants to become God" cliche, but that's also a different kettle of fish. Usually those characters aren't so much concerned with being morally right as they are being the biggest, baddest mofo in town. Amalthus is actually somewhat unique in that he actually cares a great deal about what is "Right" and, if anything, explicitly wants to be God's chosen rather than God Himself. If he were simply God, he wouldn't have anyone or anything to give him valiation, which is what he really wants.

I think he'd probably be about the same, but he'd be more self aware of the lack of divine mandate since he couldn't even delude himself into believing that he was granted one.
He'd also probably go crazier sooner since he just found out that there is no benign god in the world and he was just allowed to walk out with a super weapon at his disposal
He would have resonated with both Aegises and destroyed the world on the spot

No? He only goes nuts at the very end of XB2. He was still relatively reasonable back before the Aegis War, even if Klaus said 'hey I'm not a god' he'd still probably be star struck enough to listen to him without freaking out, because Klaus and all his technology are pretty crazy from the perspective of anyone in Alrest, and he really is their creator and all that.
Might leave him depressed but I don't think he'd go crazy.

That's because Astral Chain doesn't have that many threads yet, and what threads it does have aren't active enough to warrant efforts toward (You) fishing.

>The issue with saying Amalthus falls into this trope is that his motivation exists outside of the religious context
Most evil priests in Japanese media are the same shit though.
Like Amalthus they truly do believe in God and his teachings.
I have seen some that are just atheists pretending to be religious for power, but most, like Amalthus, truly believe in their religion, and how they believed it "saved" them after their downfall, so they go crazy because of it, just like real life born again Christians.

Best boy.

Attached: tumblr_p3vmexVWTp1w9zkpwo1_640.jpg (484x860, 61K)

I seriously think Amalthus just needed some love.

Attached: Dy96Wp8U8AADmVE.jpg (833x1173, 299K)

Imagine spending 3 hours arguing about whether or not an evil priest was actually religious.

Shulk became a god in the end. Just sayin'.

Attached: shulk and fiora.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

Then why is he dead?

Attached: 1556479733633.gif (514x490, 71K)

As long as his backstory is: I lose everything, I try to be a good person, but the world still seemed as rotten as before, and when I looked answers on God, I only found a weapon of destruction.

Yes, the story doesn't change at all. Maybe a weapon dealer or a pirate requires more change to the script, but as long of Almalthus is a respected figure of power, whose followers aren't aware of his true intentions, and those aspects of his backstory remain the same, nothing really change. That's why the religious aspect doesn't matter with his characters, if anything, if you want to see any meaning, is how a broken and rotten man, corrupted the ideals of his own faith.

>yikes
back to tumblr

Some things are too beautiful to live.

Attached: 1539571764347.jpg (1274x715, 47K)

To good for any timeline, world or universe.

For all of ten minutes. And even then he wasn't a real God, just another Demiurge

The best characters are always the ones that bite the dust

Attached: 1514454420721.jpg (1200x675, 140K)

anybody who thinks this is similar to Xenoblade is a dumbass. Anime sci-fi =/= Xenoblade

Haze was so unlucky. She had her identity stolen and her core crystal used by a person she despised and ended up being killed by a former brother in arms.

At least he exterminated the faggot kid that said shit about mechas.

Attached: images.jpg (739x415, 24K)

Do they? Most evil priests in games I remember are just power hungry with basically no backstory.
That, or they're religious zealots who are driven to violence because of extreme versions of the beliefs they're given (or not so extreme, depending on the setting).
I mean, I'm primarily thinking of the religious villains in FE games like Validar, or that one guy from FFX.
They aren't nearly so well developed and their motivations are usually explicit subversions of their institution's beliefs(hypocritical or amoral priests). Or the Church's own beliefs are inherently oppressive and/or prejudicial.
But Amalthus' motivations don't really fall into the former, and the Praetorium as a whole doesnt really fall into the latter either

Is just a joke, user. But back when the game reveal trailer was playing, all the twitch chat was full of people saying "Xenoblade X2?!", even after kamiya's name appeared.

Attached: IMG_20190704_125124.jpg (1572x2048, 299K)

Enough time for him to recreate the world so it doesn't need a god.

Attached: if it was reyn.png (1280x720, 1.25M)

do you have a single brain cell in your head?

But he kind of does. He didn't find God but he did find Malos which basically proved at least something about the architecht was real. He's not a man who lost faith, he's a guy who thinks God blessed him with the power of destruction not realising that A. God didn't give a shit and just let anyone steal the power of life and death and B. Malos "desire" came from Amalthus'

The faggot hasn't even played the games, he just comes here to make the same terrible posts over and over again and occasionally argue with the regular shitposter crew.

Literally this. He couldn't accept the inherently flawed nature of physical reality(this is also why the only time he's ever depicted at peace is after his death).

This.

>but most, like Amalthus, truly believe in their religion
True for Sactum in DMCIV and probably Barthandelus in FFXIII (the ones that came to mind). FF X, the whole thing was wrong to begin with, so there were not corrupted priests, just an awful faith.

Amalthus on the other hand, he DOESN'T believe his religion. The faith on the Architect is not about the destruction of the world, in fact, is about forgiveness and redemtion. Amalthus beleives the world is beyond redemtions, and it's God's will (manifested on him) to destroy the world, something that he hides from his followers. Even his loyal soldiers are unaware of this.

Play more than entry level shit.
Of course the ones I'm talking about are just knock-offs of Enrico Pucci from JoJo, but it's still "My life sucks, so I went full christfag to cope"

Didn't realize you were joking. All those people are retarded though

You will never be able to save Haze.

Attached: __fan_la_norne_xenoblade_2_ogon_no_kuri_ira_and_etc_drawn_by_himono_xeno__afbb8558624d0895b919bbabb2 (820x1168, 168K)

*Hallation spam intensifies*

I admit I am trying to bait some attention to Astral Chain too.

Attached: 1551328864001.jpg (1024x547, 116K)

The thing is he does believe his religion, he just doesn't agree with the mainstream interpretation of it. He believes in the same god, he just believes it's the will of that god to take advantage of useful idiots to complete his true intentions. Versus say, the Ethos from Xenogears which is top-down complete bullshit to control the surface dwellers.

>he DOESN'T believe his religion
Just because he had a different interpretation of his religion doesn't mean he wasn't religious.
That's the entire argument against evil priests in general, they believe in God, but their own version of him.

That's what I meant. Not finding any God. The answer is that God wants to let the world die. Not finding God, but finding the power to destroy the world:

"God want ME to destroy the world... is either that, of this world is rotten, and my life has no meaning and my mother die for nothing...

Fuck that! I am the chosen of God, and must destroy the world!"

>He couldn't accept the inherently flawed nature of physical reality
that kind of ignores the part at the end where he did, and wishes he had gotten to see more of it, though

Pretty much. Like Mohs or whatever his name is. Starts out really habeebing that he has the right to dictate history. Let's it go to his head. Eventually turns to dubious means to become more influential, becomes a monster (figuritively and literally). Gets a god comlex, dies yadda yadda yadda.

Abyss sort of played all three sides. You had corrupt political party, amoral extremist, HAHA I KILL THINGS FOR SCIENCE and flat out nihilists all fucking up the plot.

Perhaps a bit pedantic, but I don't really think Amalthus saw his purpose as destroying the world. Rather, he saw it as purifying the world and didn't care that the practical effect of his so-called "purification" would result in its destruction.

>"God want ME to destroy the world... is either that, of this world is rotten, and my life has no meaning and my mother die for nothing...
It wasn't anything like that, it was him touching a core crystal and getting a dude who immediately starts with a bunch of 'the architect created me to destroy humanity! that's what he wants!" shit

>Of course the ones I'm talking about are just knock-offs of Enrico Pucci
>not entry level shit
this trope has existed prior to the year of our lord 2000

And you're ignoring the part where he scoffs at Rex's suggestion that anyone other than Amalthus could've been his driver.

Attached: IMG_20190316_210106.jpg (800x1128, 172K)

Meliafags detected

JoJo is entry level shit, but like 80% of Japanese writers were influenced by it.

To be fair, at that point all what he wanted was to die and Rex was trying to pull a Sora instead of finishing him.