So, which one had the best soundtrack?

So, which one had the best soundtrack?
I'm not talking about which one you like the best, I'm talking about which one is objectively the best soundtrack. While I do have a bit of a personal bias towards 9 as it's my favourite in the series, I cannot deny the merit of 7s soundtrack. I think that the range in instruments tones and themes in 9 is far greater than that of 7s, and as a result stand out apart from one another more than 7s, that being said, I'd argue that 7s soundtrack is far more unique and iconic. I love the melody that is present throughout some of the key tracks in 9 which helps bring the soundtrack together as a whole, but several tracks in 7 evoked an emotional response that I haven't experienced with other soundtracks, "Tifas theme" and "Flowers Blooming in the Church" fills me with a sense of nostalgia (despite not growing up with 7) and a sad happiness I can't quite describe, while tracks like "Who... are you?" and "Trail of Blood" still unnerve me more than some tracks found in horror games. I can't say the same for 9, but for general listening, I will tend to gravitate to 9 over 7. I haven't played enough of 8 or listened to much of it's soundtrack, but what little I have heard aren't particularly memorable in my opinion other than a couple of standout tracks.

Final Fantasy 7
youtu.be/fbOqcR-BORo
youtu.be/Zr0pNEnJ2dI
youtu.be/6UARM4q7hHU
youtu.be/ChPs2M3o1IE
youtu.be/MiWV2KseKeo
youtu.be/MK84iaAjI2c
Final Fantasy 8
youtu.be/pFXZ618pU_0
youtu.be/1eU0tRBHnE0
youtu.be/3jho-peCAKs
Final Fantasy 9
youtu.be/vW3QK6CTg2g
youtu.be/qY8bMNatQrw
youtu.be/PMliTz9wrq8
youtu.be/rUCeXApQxNw
youtu.be/xw6y1Wf-IkE
youtu.be/h9GpuGO3xyo
youtu.be/QSkDGkl6H9k

Attached: 7 8 9.jpg (500x333, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrZKn8Lu_FY
youtube.com/watch?v=1XR9szrzY0k
youtube.com/watch?v=F9ee_Ez6tFk
youtu.be/715uFes44UA
youtube.com/watch?v=MQR6oko6YkE
youtube.com/watch?v=UMvHTlWyxH0
youtube.com/watch?v=AbWvorOS7U0
youtube.com/watch?v=zghNdBUfkKY
youtube.com/watch?v=5Y75EjVX8yo
youtube.com/watch?v=CBRAkpXTmCs
youtube.com/watch?v=wdKlEmSn_q0
youtube.com/watch?v=btHMMDz27hw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know if i am the only one (maybe it's the HD port) but i found the sound in FFVII to be of not a very high quality, like some of the songs sound like they are using almost the same instruments from FF VI on SNES and some sound effects sound really compressed, i don't think the music is bad but for a CD game i expected more in that aspect

8 is the best, 7 is the most nostalgic though, 9 wasn't really my taste.

FFIX is the best. Many 10/10 tracks one after another.

FFVII’s soundtrack is kind of boring. All tracks are extremely depressing and sound the same, with that shitty MIDI sound. I guess it fits the story well, I get depressed when I listen to Anxious Hearts, Lifestream, etc.

FFVIII’s track was boring as well but it had some badass tracks.

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of the music sounds very artificial when compared to 8 and 9. I can't quite place it, but a lot of the music in 7 sounds like its made from the same sounds. I've been listening to the ost on spotify, the weird artificial sound gives it a unique flair to be honest

Attached: Neko Smile.png (1077x730, 594K)

>Who Are You?

Attached: ff7 tent.jpg (400x400, 33K)

>FFIX is the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=mrZKn8Lu_FY

Personally i love ff8 OST more, but the other two have really good tracks too.

I love how imposing the boss theme of 9 is, makes you think "oh shit" when theres a boss encounter, while the others are more encouraging

Attached: Oh fuck man.jpg (316x322, 29K)

I remember playing FFVII the day it came out, and came to an area where the fire sound effects were taken from FFVI. I was disappointed at how cheap they were, reusing that SNES sound effect.

all the music in 7 works perfectly

How is that not a good track?

Are you deaf?

Do you have ears?
youtube.com/watch?v=1XR9szrzY0k

How can mainline FF even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=F9ee_Ez6tFk

I think I somewhat prefer IX's music but both it and VII have pretty fantastic soundtracks. Need to get around to playing VIII one of these days, I just keep putting it off because people keep telling me to avoid it.

i like 1000 words piano version and yuna ballad

I enjoyed what little I played of it, but my psx copy caused my ps2 to make a ridiculously loud noise, so I stopped. I have the steam version which is notoriously shit, but now theres finally going to be a proper rerelease I might finally get around to playing it properly.
youtu.be/715uFes44UA

Attached: Towel Rage.gif (383x383, 1.61M)

FFV

Why does this never get posted in FF music threads?
youtube.com/watch?v=MQR6oko6YkE

Probably 7, but I think 8 has my favorite tracks of all. 9 isn't really on the same level with either, but is still great.

Why was the JRPG thread deleted?

Attached: 1562428934954.gif (350x396, 568K)

>Plays once
>Very simple
It's alright but has nothing on the basic Nibelheim track
youtube.com/watch?v=UMvHTlWyxH0

because videogames aren't allowed on Yea Forums. Yea Forums is for twitter screencaps and politics.

Attached: 140441598714.jpg (750x772, 139K)

>I haven't played enough of 8 or listened to much of it's soundtrack, but what little I have heard aren't particularly memorable in my opinion other than a couple of standout tracks.

wtf? I hate 8 and love all these soundtracks but I'd probably say that one has the best overall

Based. Anxious Heart is the first song that comes to mind when I think of FF7's soundtrack. Sounds a bit like one of Bernard Herman's leitmotifs in the Psycho soundtrack.

There's some repressed core of me screaming and I can't remember why. I don't actually mind the music but...there's a reason this is making me angry isn't there?

Area sucks, big bugs in a collection of mine tunnels.
youtube.com/watch?v=AbWvorOS7U0

Figured

Attached: 1508997339002.jpg (613x606, 52K)

Final Fantasy X had the best soundtrack

Elaborate?

I'm gonna go with 9 because the victory theme isn't butchered

8 had the best overall soundtrack. full of absolute bangers and Eyes On Me makes everyone cry evry tim

9 is best overall for the feel of the game but it lacks some of the cooler energetic songs from 7/8 like bombing mission, jenova, the landing or plank between one and perdition

It's funny to me because I played 7 and 8 first, on PC. Was that format only released in Europe or something? FF8 was an absolute son of a bitch to get working in '99 on a computer that didn't have a grafix card. Bear in mind I don't even think the two monopolies even existed yet, so it was voodoo and shit like fucking Hercules that basically existed for shit like CorelDRAW and CAD.

I don't have the steam versions of either, I still have the ff7 discs somewhere, god knows where. Silver with like a printed green ink surface. FF8 came with the chocobo minigame in a random fucking folder and I had no idea what the hell it was until years later.

Attached: OBOE_PENIS.jpg (595x387, 26K)

On which? The shitty mine theme, or Burmecia (which is alright)?
I'd say Ambush gets the job done.
youtube.com/watch?v=zghNdBUfkKY

Attached: vivi hat.gif (500x389, 1.18M)

very obtuse dungeon, lots of lever switching, backtracking, riding gargans to weird locations, very high encounter rate. It's pretty rough, especially if you're trying to get every treasure.

Big bugs in a collection of mine tunnels, you mean bugs as in glitches or monsters?

Ah fuck, it was the place with the big bug taxi wasn't it? Jesus christ I remember now.
Funny thing, I got trapped in Kuja's castle a lot longer than there and I didn't despise it. Now I remember why, that fucking encounter rate and all the same shitty monsters. Agh. Fuck you ffix.
>Burmecia theme
Alright you can go.

monsters that you ride to get around the mine.
youtube.com/watch?v=5Y75EjVX8yo

Attached: [barks internally].jpg (524x468, 73K)

ambush and assault of the silver dragons are great but they dont stick in my head the same way despite 9 being my personal favorite mainline final fantasy

FF8's my favourite and I don't enjoy eyes on me at all. Fuck OP's rediculous quest for objectivity in subjectivity like what you want.

Conversely, I don't like 12 at all, but its got some alright music.

go where?
youtube.com/watch?v=CBRAkpXTmCs

Its amazing how often this track gets snuck into background for youtubers considering its for bit-part fuckers barely important to the plot and only as one boss.

I wasn't even aware they released on pc other than steam rereleases. 9 got the best rerelease as far as im aware, 7 being okay, and 8 being god awful. The originals are still the best in all cases.

*3 boss encounters, you fight them first on disc 2, then one scripted towards the end of disc 3 (I think), immediately followed by their true form fight

but you fight them twice, once when they're separated and the other as a big giant monstrosity, and they reappear quite a lot. and it's a good theme.

Oh another thing about the PC original releases. Again no idea if steam has this too but I doubt it, they had support for the yamaha syntheszier that was big balls in the day.
It wasn't remotely fucking worth it, none of the tracks were optimized for it and some kind of "nearest match" had been applied, everything sounds wrong, and that's with no experience of the platform versions. Also, the PC versions in any sound support could NOT handle:
>Shinra's song, where there was a finger snap. Generic midi did some kind of fucking "blip" and the Yamaha one did a fucking full stop drum noise. Hilarious.
>The carmina burana ripoff for Sephiroth's battle, neither even tried to render the choir.

I both hope and don't hope they fixed that for steam.

Oh right, for some reason I thought you were still talking about cleyras trunk, which was also a pain if you were going for all the chests.

Shit, you're right my bad. I would say the point stands on somewhat shakier footing: It gets used a lot for what isn't a primary musical piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdKlEmSn_q0

Attached: Just passing through, don't mind me.png (929x1286, 745K)

Yeah, Eidos got a release for 7 and 8. Apparently not 9 or at least not in Europe. Big-ass old style PC boxes too.

VII, VIII and X are the holy trifecta. Honorable mention to the XIII trilogy.

I'm forever in love with Don't be Afraid.

youtube.com/watch?v=btHMMDz27hw

They appear most during the first disc, and their themes is one of my favourites, I also love the characters, 2 halfs of the same thing or something Kuja says

viii and x are the best ost.

personal fav was legend of the dragoon best nostalgia ost for me i know its off topic.

came here to post this track

VII
It has a bunch of memorable themes like Aeris, Tifa, Jenova songs, Sephiroth, Cosmo Canyon/Seto, Turks, Cid, etc, but it also has weird moody music that really made the experience like and Plus Fighting and Still More Fighting are unbeatable, only Seymour Battle comes close.

They are all god tier OSTs. VIII has the best one though.