I have a question: how come people say SFIV was "da bomb" and so much better than SFV...

I have a question: how come people say SFIV was "da bomb" and so much better than SFV, and SFIV doesn't even have a living legacy like 3 and 2? It just straight up fucking died.

Attached: file.png (1200x1396, 2.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HiYs-h_RbOs
youtube.com/watch?v=aJUjX-uQrJw
youtube.com/watch?v=RJLbbxOxog8&
twitter.com/AnonBabble

apperantly the arcade scene for 4 is way bigger than 5 in japan.

people dont want to be left behind and want to chase that $$$.

Also the problem is that street fighter always reinvents itself with each installment.

Unlike tekken which is a legacy game

same thing with marvel 3, somehow one of the most beloved fighting games of all time yet nobody plays it anymore despite mvci being dead on arrival. there's no reason to not play mvc3 except for the fact that it's not at evo lmao. capcocks are just sellouts and hypebeast streamboars these days they don't actually care about the games or else they'd still be playing them

Because SFIV rose in “popularity” in the age of the streaming boom. These faggots don’t play fighting games. They watch their favorite FGC celeb play them. That’s why the games collapse when the tournie support dies... the only people playing are tourneyfags and ecelebs.

It's a good question, for sure. To this day I can challenge someone in 3S and they'll play me. When USF4 is suggested though, everyone sleeps.

It's weird how the modern generation of gamers will literally ONLY play whatever is in season.

USF4 was dropped solely because SF5 is active and it's not old enough like ST and 3S to be on Fightcade or an equivalent. UMvC3 is experiencing an extremely slow revival (House of Crack just had a decent event and it has side tournaments at quite a few majors).

5 never got an arcade release.

>SF 2 and 3 are both on fightcade/supercade
>which means they can be played for free by third worlders
>SF IV is not

Here's your answer

Excuse me?
youtube.com/watch?v=HiYs-h_RbOs

it got one last year

Just remembered something.

youtube.com/watch?v=aJUjX-uQrJw

Because they compare it to 5 and they prefer 4's gameplay and the roster.

SFIV fucking sucks, it was just the first fighting game that most people played online and followed streams. SFV is going to be in the same boat of being abandoned the secnd SFVI launches.

This is a complete fabrication by retards.

i thought people still played SFIV?

SFV is the Marmite of fighting games.

USFIV is a game that pleases those who hate SFV.

SFIV is boring and USFIV was the worst version of the game. It's so boring people wanted vortex characters to play in tournaments.

E-sports didn't exist at the time of 2 and 3. All of the professional 4 players moved on because the money moved on, and the same will happen with 5.

Also CEO just had a USF4 tournament a couple of days ago
youtube.com/watch?v=RJLbbxOxog8&

Attached: 1470596534007.png (561x735, 792K)

The thing about food analogies is that they only make sense to whatever asshat came up with it.

Your idea of a game being "alive" is based entirely on its competitive scene. Well said scene for SF is based entirely around money and all the money is in SFV. Thats it.

If SFIV had cross network play with unified servers id be willing to bet more people would be playing it right now than SFV. But instead SFIV is split across 5 platforms.

SFV is the feces of fighting games

it did