How and why did FFXIV get so fucking popular?

How and why did FFXIV get so fucking popular?

Attached: frqwer.jpg (969x618, 296K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk
youtu.be/sxDXOWwNGHU?t=65
youtube.com/watch?v=jd1r3n4HKOo
youtube.com/watch?v=0XQtn-4aZeA
youtube.com/watch?v=pfRBOWH4g98
metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers
youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM&
pastebin.com/ffXVNJsM
youtube.com/watch?v=nmGF2iif0mM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous expansion was pretty good
New expansion is very good
WoW's new content is very bad

kill all WoWref, kill all secondaries, kill all content makers, KILL ALL DEGENERATES!!

because it actually improves on the formula and graphics whereas WoW has existed all this time solely because it was the only MMO of its type that had some semblance of being worth playing

it has, and will continue to be, totally usurped by ffxiv because ffxiv is a modern video game

Yea Forums will never agree with this, because it and its jannies are WoW babbies

Attached: ffxiv_dx11 2019-07-07 00-04-17.png (1920x1080, 3.87M)

Retarded anime lords with lots of greasy nerd dollars who use it like a chatroom for their degenerate RP.

Game itself is trash.

I feel like WoW has ruined itself by constantly retuning content for people who aren't interested in x content and reinventing systems to appeal to people who don't play the game.
XIV instead has stayed very true to what fans of the game enjoy.

Game is fun, people play games that are fun. Simple as.

Attached: 1476177059311.png (448x468, 194K)

my character's left fucking shoe has more polygons than your entire WoW character model does

have sex

NO NEGATIVITY IN THE DOJO, GO BUY A PHONE, FAGGOT

I don't play WoW or your trash WoW anime spinoff you degenerate.

NO SPEAKY IN DOJO

I don't know but I hate it, I want shitters to go back to wow

WoW is currently fucking up and FF fans don't have much else to turn to when SE takes a decade to produce a single game.

>Blizzcon 2020 will literally require you to have a phone in order to attend
And I'm not even making this up.

JAZZ
FREE FORM JAZZ

youtube.com/watch?v=CcHjxOKN0Pk

Attached: 1448639965748.gif (600x338, 1.77M)

have sex

I'm not mad about it. Shadowbringers has a better story than any FF that's come out within the last 10 years as far as i'm concerned.

attention people of FFXIV:

please move your retainers to Limsa or Crystarium. I am now actively avoiding buying goods from retainers posted elsewhere

BIRAN FINISH SHADOWBRINGERS
BIRAN NOT GET SPOILED ONCE
BRAVE RONSO WARRIORS SHALL NOW PURGE TRANNIES FROM THREADS

Attached: Biran-and-Yenke-FFX-HD.JPG.jpg (480x480, 35K)

Healer robe or cleric robe?

Attached: White_Mage_concept_art.jpg (400x422, 109K)

>people being eaten alive by sharks
>chill jazz music

This area was so fantastic.

It has a better story than most JRPGs in the last 10 years.

BIRAN TOO SLOW TO FINISH SHADOWBRINGERS
UGLY WOL NOW RUN THREADS
BEGONE BIRAN

Attached: 1562456230501.jpg (3960x3550, 1.07M)

New expansion is pretty fantastic.

Attached: 1561727821519.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

>can't create new characters
What?This can't be real,does it actually mean characters or that new accounts can't make a character in those servers?
If I have an account in a populated server I cannot create a new character on that server?

>literally Khimari in pre-credit cutscene

Woah, Diabolos is actually full? That's the one I started in and I thought I made a huge mistake since it wasn't one of the highly populated ones.

so the Exarch and Lyna can't be used as party members after you complete Shadowniggers?

WoW is still far more popular

I don't get PLD rotation. wat do?

No new characters at all until enough people log out.

PITIFUL TRANNY
BIRAN TAKE TIME AND ENJOY GAME
DILATE ALONE DILATE ALONE

Attached: BIRAN.png (773x501, 552K)

I got the orchestrion roll for the Twinning in my first visit.
Really happy about that.
Could have sold it for a couple million gil but learned it instead.

LOL

Noctis' voice actor, Ray Chase actually started playing. Don't know how he got in but apparently there's still chances.

Overall you could be correct but once Classic comes out the popularity will be

1. XIV
2. Retail WoW
3. Classic WoW

It's going to cannibalize itself into second and third place.

HORNLESS ONE CURIOUS WHAT BIRAN THINK OF SHADOWBRINGERS

Attached: kimahri-ronso-final-fantasy-x-62.3.jpg (210x240, 16K)

I love FFXIV but you can't say that it has better graphics than WoW anymore. It's better in every other way but the polygon count in FFXIV is absolutely abyssmal and I would say is probably among the lowest of current gen MMO's.

Post yfw

Attached: 867ea5c7122be88e39feabf70568b256.png (228x110, 44K)

I got the Nuts currency one in Crystarium. I forget the name. I'm sure I've been undercut but it was worth 5m when I put it up. Once it goes below 1m I'll just keep it for myself.

LA HEE when?

Is this a fucking meme? I keep hearing this all over the place but I'm highly doubtful an MMO expansion of all things has a story worth that much praise.

La hee, to late I have ebola!
You get it from the gem vendor at rank 3

I called him by his name every time.

Attached: 1394673949316.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

It helps that it has an actual narrative structure as opposed to Stormblood.

Depends on if you're starting caster or physical, but the general flow looks like this.

Put up Goring, go into cast phase, finish cast phase, go into physical phase, put up goring, use RA once, use Annulment 3x, refresh goring, repeat until cast phase.

BIRAN LIKED SHADOWBRINGERS
YENKE CRIED MANY TIMES, BIRAN DID NOT CRY
MUCH BETTER THAN STORMBLOOD

Attached: BIRAAN.jpg (303x495, 31K)

this is a weird question but does bard still have that retarded animation where their upper and lower body twist unnaturally during empyreal arrow?

It's not a meme. The story is absolutely spectacular and it helps a lot that the music is fucking amazing too.

You know after everything I didn't think this expansion could bring a tear to my eye with any more melancholy, but I finished leveling DRK and did the level 80 job quest.
talking to myself shouldn't be so emotional

What is in more demand: melee or ranged DPS?

You don't need to have high poly count to make something that looks better aesthetically.

do you only get this prompt if you've finished the entire CT quest line? ive had world of darkness sitting in my quest log since arr.

If Shadowbringers wasn't an MMO and had the freedom of a singleplayer game it would be perfect.

I'm not sure you could just get it by watching the last two hours of the game, it's a lot of build up with a tremendous payoff centered around a strong villain who you very much struggle to find fault with due to the aforementioned buildup.
The last dungeon is amazing. Music carries it a long way too.

The story is fucking great, it's hard for WoW fags to understand this but an MMO can have a good story.

>not saying SLOPPY

i think the polygon count is pretty ok for characters at least. the texture resolution is fucking abysmal though

I don’t know but I wish I had friends to play with on Famfrit. I have a buddy that wants to get me on gilgamesh but it’s fucking full there.

Every other MMO company shoot itself in the foot or moved on to other markets like MOBAS or BR's, so FFXIV is essentially the only crack den for a bunch of crackwhores with no real videogaming standards anymore as long as it's an MMO with more than 10 people online.

FFXIV is a JRPG with MMO elements.

What happens here if you never did CT?

Likely melee. DRG and MNK are a bit harder to play well than DNC and BRD, while having much worse leveling.

you just remain silent

>Square Enix wins by doing nothing at all

Melee atm, everyone's jumping on the DNC bandwagon but it'll even out after a while

I'm amazed at how it turned out and how there's just been absolutely positive reception from every outlet.

I think its greatness comes majorly from the build up. You had ARR which was standard for mmo story, HW which was a huge step up, SB which wasn't awful but poorly directed, then years and years of story, gameplay development and love for this title birthed 5.0.

Attached: 1561640721292.png (824x932, 420K)

bros cactbot got an update with the ex primals

>FFXIV is a JRPG with 20 minutes queues between storyline sections you can't lose anyways unless you have brain damage, and 2 more hours of "deliver apple to guardsman" after that

you automatically choose the crap option as punishment for being a dumbass.

XIV is designed as a JRPG first, MMO second. The latest expansion is the culmination of all the plot points that have been established since 1.0, and they just recently shifted staff around, placing their finest writer in charge of the main story when she previously worked on optional quest chains that most players will never touch.

Just want to say thanks for all the anons helping out a newfag get into FFXIV, just beat the ARR MSQ and I'm gonna fuck shit up as Dragoon

Attached: 1557462170030.gif (600x540, 785K)

I don't really know how to explain it. There's lot of tropes, but the characters are so well-written, the environments they put you in are so well created and the music is phenomenal.
There's also a lot of "holy shit" moments in the story that give me goosebumps every time I think about them.
It really doesn't have any right being so damn good for being stuck in what I believed to be a really boring MMORPG.

>all those dialog options
>people will actually miss out on some of it

It's a shame how many JRPG fans will miss out on it because they hate MMOs for this reason or that.

Why aren't you in the best FC on Odin bros?

>had a 1600+ queue on Lich
Guess I'll just sleep early and play in the morning.

Essentially. You only need to see how absolutely atrocious FFXIV is to tell that much.

What's cactbot?

Because I'm on Famfrit

honestly now we've come this far they REALLY need to crunch the more annoying ARR content.
we lose too many newbies to burnout on that shit, or worse, it provokes them into jump potioning.

what's CT

Noctis' voice actor started playing on Diabolos and there's a LAVA free company. I'm sure that can get more and more people into it.

If it was a single player FF it would probably be hailed as one of the top 3 of all time.

If you want to value the story get out now and come back when you finish Shadowbringers. If you were already spoiled then sorry.

Cocktorture

Did they play melee in sharlayan college?

Attached: 20190704_213346.jpg (1080x691, 400K)

It's a meme. These threads are infested with the kind of insane fuck you can find in the FFXIV general.
It's not good in the slightest, by any writting standards.

DRG and MNK better/more wanted than NIN/SAM?

>all these sprouts in Limsa

Attached: 1532457940629.gif (384x408, 182K)

Crystal tower, theres an entire 24man raid series based around that big glowing dildo which is central to the shb story, naturally not having done it leaves you in the dark regarding some story beats, and it turns an important character into a literal who.

this part of il mheg is so nice i don't even mind grinding 500 iridescent cocoons

Attached: ffxiv_07072019_220104_351.jpg (1920x1080, 1.36M)

>do kill groups for the hell of it
>random non-DNC/NIN DPS can't even reach 8k without dying
I can understand why people want to get their foot in the door early, but what scares me the most is that I released these people into the wild of farm groups.

Name 5 games with a better story
Hard mode: Recent games (Not older than 2015) only

I wish I had a gaming PC, console pleb here, to record and string together all the vital ARR cutscenes and solo duties. Because graphics quality on PS4 is roughly medium settings.

I encourage level jumping, but not story. At least this way, if people skip, they have a resource.

I won't remember you Emet, fuck off.

Attached: 6fe.png (500x305, 188K)

if you level jump you skip the job story for the class you did it on, there is no good reason to use either of those potions, don't do it.

>we lose too many newbies to burnout on that shit
If they don't care for the world building in ARR they won't appreciate the nuance of shadowbringers story anyway.
Fuck them.
ARR is absolutely fine, there's a couple of slow stretches and a few to many fetch quests but a lot of it is actually important in setting up the world, the rules of the world, the politics, the locations and the characters. 1-15 is chill. 20 mark is fun because dungeons open up and you get to fight Ifrit. Around 30 with Titan is the slow part, but still important. Once you reach Garuda you see the Ultima Weapon threat and it's all build up to Castrum/Prae from there. Everything after the credits is golden and starts building up to events later on, the leviathan and shiva arcs are great. Then Heavensward.
There's very little wrong with it. The complaints are over-exaggerated by people who hate reading.
tl;dr Read

I would have loved to see Pat's reaction to LOOK AT ME.

sorry WoW fag ShB unironically has the best story in recent gaming history, 8.2 sure brought you home didn't it?

Attached: 1558845803518.gif (128x128, 22K)

But by posting this you remembered him.
You also remembered other Anons.

So is there a dyeable version of the holy knight tank body armor from orbonne monastery yet? Please tell me yes and where to find it.

Kinobringers isn’t a meme

Attached: 1AB73644-512D-4BE4-ADDA-97A35AA7E1D1.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

then.. go watch his vod?

Everyone knows only DRK story matters user.

Though I noticed we keep aether current quests when story jumping, despite being able to fly. Would be nice if job quests got the same treatment, no quest skills included.

You have to remember that final fantasy stories aren't good and have never been good, so it's easy to top literal trash.

Me about to slaughter all the mhiggers

Attached: wtf.png (1362x631, 1.32M)

>tfw 2000+ queue
JUST

Attached: 228c2d46bd8d8f96515499590f2b9f6b1f90abb7e21bb3b7d927e02b2ccad293.jpg (1804x1400, 1.31M)

This
>ARR is world building
>HW is politics
>SB is character development
>ShB is the culmination of the prior 3

What should I level next? Have: PLD, DRG
Want: WAR, DRK, GNB, WHM, SAM, MNK

The fact you immediately default to WoW slandering when called out on your absolute lack of standards is essentially a full blown confirmation of what is basically a "i love bathing in AIDS because it's not ebola" situation.
Just remember, it's still garbage even if you enjoy it.

Didn't know he recorded/streamed it. I shut the world out until I finished the MSQ.

let me IN I'm trying to test mods, get the fuck out of my server, illegals

WHM, experience them whilst they're at the best they'll ever be, before SCH and AST cheer on a YoshiP with a hacksaw.

same goes for WoW buddy enjoy the trash i'm sure classic will save you

Attached: 1490820196541.jpg (189x264, 8K)

DRG and MNK are the strongest physical DPS due to a combination of high personal DPS and raid buffs. SAM remains powerful but once again needs to be in the hands of an excellent player in order to stand out, and NIN is no longer locked in as their personal DPS is so low that Trick Attack simply makes them competitive.

Is it intentionally supposed to look like VIII's opening cutscene?
Can we add that to the list of references?

>flowers
>Eden
>materia VIII
>gunblades
>quetzalcoatl
>Jesters
>Hades

Attached: quetzalcoatl.jpg (225x350, 30K)

>ARR is shit with vomit tier writting that serves only as filler to pad the lack of things to actually do
>HW is an attempt to copycat FFXI's writting, failing in the process of making anything actually meaningful happen
>SB is just outright garbage with no redeemable qualities in any aspect
>ShB is just delivering on all the obvious pandering everyone violently screeched about leaving no room for actual surprise
ftfy

Bullshit

It's a real challenge to figure out how to do that. I think you can't just cut out a big chunk, it has to be very strategic slices. you can't get rid of the moebryda arc because that's how you learn how to kill Ascians. You can't get rid of the doma refugee arc because that's Yugiri. I think they'd need to go in with a scalpel instead of a cleaver. Say, get rid of the fetch quests for the Domans, get rid of the 2nd round of Titan with the kobold kid (or reduce it so you solve it much quicker), and above all:

1) Put a Aetherite by the Waking sands. Even better inside the waking sands.
2) If queues are an issue for lower level content then have an NPC trust system there.

I can appreciate them not wanting to throw out their early work, but if I have to tell one more friend picking up the game "It starts off slow but gets better" I will summon a primal.

The people who praise XIV's story usually do so relative to JRPGs. Even the high profile games of that genre tend to have absolutely horrible stories.

as you should have.

>get interested due to seeing ShB hype and wanting a new game to play
>start playing last month
>check playtime recently
>expected it to be around 85-90 hours
>124 hours played
>not even to HW yet

Not complaining about how long it's taking I'm just amazed that I'm still this early in with all that time played. I really like the game a lot. This is the first MMO I've ever played. The music is really great and the story is interesting and is getting better the further in I get. I love my female Miqo'te character. Dressing up with glamours is way too much fun.

Attached: 20190705185750_1.jpg (2560x1440, 325K)

Can you name a game with a better story in the past decade?

If I were to start playing WoW today would I enjoy it?

Attached: 220px-WoW_Box_Art1.jpg (220x314, 30K)

Is there a lvl80 job quest for land/hand? Or just combat ones?

Attached: ss+(2016-04-22+at+04.11.57).jpg (488x461, 53K)

Jesters were FFIX tho

It's cute you think people still feel the need of latching onto either of these abysmal products of laziness and greed to pad their lack of social skills with made up feelings of belonging.
You are alone with the rest of the crackwhores on that ship, sorry mate.

>If you could take one more step, would you?
>Would you save our worlds?
[What, all by myself?]

Attached: B4998D62-5229-4022-BDD0-1273C0BA9605.png (349x503, 143K)

Trials which are not primals

Rihtahtyn sas Arvina
Nabriales
Vishap
Gilgamesh
Ultros & Typhoon
Nidhogg
Rathalos
Titania
Innocence
Hades

>Game has 20 players
>Set the cap at 25
>CONGESTED
>10 Players quit
>Set cap at 11 players
>HOLY FUCK WE'RE SO CONGESTED, TURN ON THE QUEUE!!!!
Ye I dunno either bro

Attached: 1521736865649.jpg (963x718, 123K)

The jesters were just knock off Zorn and Thorn though?

Jesters are 9 and Hades is 7/9/11

>people claim mch is cuck
>brd is better lol
>get into extreme trials
>mch have been highest dps with blm second due to how move heavy it is

Do you faggots just sprout shit on other classes, to feel as if you didn't waste time leveling a class that's not as high tier?

Attached: 1517013146495.jpg (334x400, 36K)

Will they be able to top this?

Attached: mMvhIot.jpg (3840x2160, 825K)

it's not ARR itself that is the worst, except for perhaps the costa del sol shit, it's that 100+ quests of timewasting between ARR and HW, people have killed ultima weapon and are going "hooray expansion now" in their ignorance, and then they slog through all that shit, thats the place I see a lot of people quit the game citing boredome before they even see heavensward.

Attached: don't you guys have phones.png (859x380, 70K)

The Four Lords aren't primals either

youtu.be/sxDXOWwNGHU?t=65

I think more things being local would fix a majority of it.

Instead having Thancred telling you to go to the Waking Sands to talk to Minfillia who tells you to talk to Thancred, just have Thancred tell you to go to Drybone

You know I could!

The fucking song drop at that point was the best

Attached: 20190705182745_1.jpg (2560x1440, 259K)

I spout this shit because I enjoy my MCH and you can fuck off my spot, thank you.

>did Innocence ex today
>got all the gear in one run
Feelsgoodman.

Attached: 1448990304438.jpg (600x600, 47K)

>Take it, we fight as one!

>get rid of the 2nd round of Titan with the kobold kid
Isn't that post-HW? Also not having an Aetherite is a plotpoint iirc.

A generic catgirl? Yes for sure.

I'll tell you the same thing I did yesterday.
Yes.
The next expansion will involve Gaius and Estinien taking over Garlemald in a full scale assault. Once the city is captured we'll steal the Garlean rocket ship and fly to the moon where Eldibus will have constructed moon Amaurot and we'll fight him there and it'll be all cool and shit.

please respond!

Pat is a dumb cutscene and text skipper so obviously he didnt care. Hes just there for shiny effects.

I honestly don't know why the fuck they haven't added at least 3 new servers. i mean, they added 2 to EU which has a much smaller population than NA.

Kinobringers

Attached: A9165938-3013-430A-8CEC-0FCF8EBD73D6.jpg (1024x640, 60K)

That's not what I meant and you know it.

I'm still high on ShB's ending but man the Source seems so fucking lame right now

Can't top the King, baby

Attached: Annotation 2019-07-07 161532.jpg (1587x223, 28K)

They are. Tenzen had the echo.

>Ascian theme before Hydaelyn: Jazzy 30's music playing over a radio
>Ascian theme after Hydaelyn
youtube.com/watch?v=jd1r3n4HKOo

Attached: rmokou.jpg (459x429, 39K)

any advice for content in patches 2.x after 2.0's MSQ?

That has nothing to do with anything you dumb cutscene skipper. The Four Lords are animals who evolved sapience and magical powers. They're not primals.

Hardly matters unless you also got the mount.

Technically Gilgamesh trial is 1/2 primal cause Enkidu

>the Source seems so fucking lame right now
You get to hang out with Cid again and he's the person responsible for you even getting to the first in the first place.

Attached: ironworks datalog.jpg (569x1053, 243K)

The 4.x oldguard MCHs were die hards who stuck with a job that played like dogshit for 2 years. What makes you think they'll accept the new MCH and actually tell people its good?

Crystal Tower

I challenge you, Emet-Selch.

BEING WHITE NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

Attached: fdwsfdsfsd.png (963x25, 2K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0XQtn-4aZeA

Blame WoW refugees

wow doesn't like to release census data for some MYSTERIOUS reason, that 1.7m number was from a leak quiet some time ago.

WoW will topple itself when it splits it's playerbase in half with Classic

SCHs seething so hard they bring up WHM on the weirdest situations.

Comfybringers

Attached: ff.jpg (887x570, 29K)

brd is better at the cost of lower pdps, but most classes are honestly so close that it doesn't matter that much what you pick

Unless you pick dancer and make my dungeon runs take forever. Fuck off with that shit.

>Mateus

HE'S IN

Attached: 1558770564649.jpg (2560x1440, 1002K)

Crystal tower might as well be mandatory given how important it is to the main scenario of shadowbringers. Do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfRBOWH4g98

I'll do you one better than that.

Old MCH players hate the new version for being more static while everyone else wants BRD and DNC to help pad parses.

thanks lads

When are they going to increase server limits? My friend has been trying for 4 days to transfer to Aether.

>that slight smirk when you pick that option

Attached: 20190701231439_1.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Anyone else disappointed that the jester girls didn't turn into sin eaters and combine into an angelic version of Meltigemini for a boss fight?

Attached: 49-ff9llg18-048.jpg (640x448, 67K)

The WoW implosion isn't just a meme.

Get a load of this cool guy

Alexander and Omega's raids are equally as important as Crystal Tower is now.
See:

Post YFW when entering the final 80 dungeon, and the part with the planet in the background

Attached: 1558666707151.jpg (576x576, 273K)

Dancer's AoE is really strong though, it's just that their single target is abysmal.

Attached: 46857tigui.png (500x280, 198K)

>Thus did the second doom break us

Attached: B7267257-4706-436B-945B-06A563C74DC5.png (492x306, 118K)

This is the closest I have to my reaction.

Attached: 1553470090801.gif (267x495, 831K)

Progressing though Stormblood and I just got the ability to breathe underwater.
How far in am I?/How long do I have until the end?

Attached: RnGWXT4.jpg (1825x782, 175K)

Is that dungeon even doable with df brainlets? Bosses seemed to not fuck around.

You're 62, the final level is 70. Guess.

The main problem for many is tunnel visioning the skill bar. Fucking hell, you need to work really hard for your dps. Overheat during mechanics? Wew lad you're gonna lose the 5th heatblast for sure or you're capping gauss/rico. Pressed anchor while on 100 battery? Sucks to be you. Etc, I legitimately think it is the hardest class in the game by a comfortable margin.

they already increased the server limits, people exceeded the limit for that.

your best bet to make a character is in the early morning hours. afternoon/evening is rough

You're 2/5 into SB.

I wonder if The Twinning is made by that youngster team Yoshida was talking about

>place names on the map
>weather: termination

Attached: 1544369403028.jpg (401x449, 72K)

>someone knocks you out and leaves you at the bottom of a lake in ShB
>the ghost following you asks who taught you to breathe underwater when you wake up some hours later

you know why

Attached: 1506041400292.webm (918x674, 1000K)

>The last thing Tony ever saw

Attached: 1533051366223.png (800x450, 405K)

>This is a preview of how FFXIV:ARR shutdown will look like

Attached: 1561855466572.png (640x480, 424K)

>Dragoon
>not DRG

Underwater combat when?

So why does the Trust system change when you complete the expansion?

>tfw nobody wants to dance with you
NINBROS

Attached: .jpg (1200x999, 140K)

Somebody explain hunts to me.

Can I like, just join a hunt party and kill stuff for EXP and shit? I never really done this.

Attached: 1507555170476.png (377x330, 7K)

Wait, we weren't talking about that one. Still, the question stands.

So thinking of starting ff14 just because of the new storyline. Is there some kind of level boost available? How much time does it take to see all the new story content? I dont wanna grind boars for 300 hours

There's still no Xbox version or words on it?

don't waste your money and find a different game to play.

Based, you chose the best melee job.

they are ready to make an xbox port at any time as long as microsoft change two of their rules regarding crossplay between ps4.

Someone a few weeks before the game released predicted that Emet wasnt his real name, was just a title and was Hades in reality. HOW?

I'm an absolute sucker for this shit

Attached: 1553756391609.png (602x437, 313K)

>I dont wanna grind boars for 300 hours
You won't. If you make a character on Prefered World, the exp boost will take you from 1 to 80 on MSQ alone and that's not mentioning the dungeons you'll do in the meantime.

>thinking of starting for the story
>wants to jump in 4/5ths of the way through the story thus losing any context for anything
Not shocked you're the sort of retard that will pay for a level boost.

the tldr is, yes there is, it costs 25 bucks, and you need to buy both a level skip and a story skip so call that 50 bucks, and no it isn't worth it because the new storyline means nothing to you without the context of everything that came before it.
this aint WoW, the story involves YOU personally, the characters involved you will meet at level motherfucking 10 or so.

>dancers are retarded
whats new, let them be slow

>want to stop and stare
>fuck you it's the end of the world
>platform wide AOE
Amazing

Attached: 1499461355307.png (1920x1090, 1.63M)

>Is there some kind of level boost available?
Yes but you really shouldn't use those.
Stop being a WoW shitter and play the game like it's meant to be played.

If you want to play the story there's no reason to boost, you get exp as you go through MSQ.

With the state of CRPGs and WRPGs I'm giving JRPGs a lot more benefit of the doubt when I used to avoid them like the plague. At least JRPGs have the theme of their genre to fall back on the way a xploitation grindhouse film does. So many WRPGs writing is trash with no such redeeming factors. It's not some quaint nostalgic fantasy theme, it's not some sword and sorcery pulp theme, there is nothing to soothe the edges down. Same reason I could dig Dying Light's atrocious plot when it was wrapped up in a cheesy 1980s atmosphere but if someone tried to play it straight it'd have been intolerable.

I also just appreciate the sincerity of a high fantasy adventure. No 2deep4u politics, no game of thrones pastiches, no arthouse subversion, no mundane and drearily boring story of running around the same old slice of medievalia.

>NIN is the only dps in range for tether
>keep it to myself only
Oops.

Attached: dev.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

WoW shit the bed basically

Attached: 39210_20190706181325_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

On the bright side they won't need to ask 'Don't you guys have phones?'

Just play through the story normally and you'll be of level for everything. Each expansion is like a normal JRPG. It's highly recommended you just take your time and take in the story. XIV is a FF first, and a MMO second.
>I dont wanna grind boars for 300 hours
No one does that.

According to what I just read they are ready to make more than just that. A Nintendo and Google version seem to be in their plans. Does that mean they're working on a mobile version?

That's him! That's Jannie!

>Instead of half the world sacrificing, it will be the WoL. I am so much of a sucker for the heroic martyrdom death that would make muh dick rise to the heavens themselves
>And then the last cinematic you will see is an adventurer waking up on a caravan ride with an old man offering them a bottle of wine 5 years after the calamity.

What, you're gonna skip to level 60 (80 is max) and rush through everything, won't understand the story and then, provided you want to do endgame pve, sit in the party finder 10 hours a day wiping? Just fucking take your time playing and enjoying the game
>inb4 leveling is boring
Fuck off I leveled pld in HW.

metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-shadowbringers

THIS KILLS THE WoW

>Without Shadow
>Shadows Withal

Anyone know here can we get that picture from the credits, it has the Scions and Ryne in it and it looks very nice. I think it's shown at the beginning of the credits.

>that whole finale

Attached: 1435796175076.gif (388x218, 2.04M)

Obscenity minion when?

Attached: 1546838624807.png (1100x1000, 1.17M)

they are in negotiations with nintendo and google to bring it to switch and stadia but nothing confirmed and they still have to work out with sony with allowing crossplay on switch/stadia.

just watch the cutscenes on youtube homo

Maybe if I post le sexy animu waifu somebody will respond to my question.

Attached: 58928285_p0.jpg (1200x1200, 530K)

When Phil Spencer changes MS' policies on communication between platforms and Gold being required for F2P games, then yes XIV would be raring to go on Xbone.

You dont kill hunts for EXP, you kill for seals to exchange for all kinds of stuff like minions/materia/misc.

Ideally you join a hunt Linkshell, wait for call outs or go and find them yourself. A ranks and S ranks are what matter. B ranks not so much unless they're a clan board target. Worlds vary in practice but for some, you can just say Invite please in /shout during a hunt for a party or check for PF.

I did all dungeons using trusts for the 1st playthrough. If They did it just fine and no one died. Surely, df will be even better ... surely

>sit in the party finder 10 hours a day wiping?

user, I'm not braindead. Stop acting like playing mmo is nuclear physics

>join farm party for titania ex
>people cant do add phase chains

i just want a house reeeeee

>finish
>think you're done
>run through the twinning

Attached: 1552000730546.jpg (209x241, 9K)

muh dick

Attached: 39210_20190706181813_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.29M)

THAT'S HIM

is it an odd coincidence meol just happened to look like hot pockets

Ah, I forgot the Stadia was a thing.

Does the PS4 allow crossplay with the PC?

Imagine being an ascian who smugly runs around acting like you own the world, mocking the warrior of light and the primal that empowers her all the while, then ultimately getting your shit pushed in at the decisive battle. Imagine being an ascian who brags about muh immortality, muh completeness, only to have your very soul murdered never to return again. Imagine being the last surviving top rank ascian who saw the others both go down in that manner and thinking "hah I'll get her next time"

what the fuck

Attached: dffdfgdsg.png (749x371, 433K)

wow somebody agitated the XI-fag. Take your vertical progression pill and go back to bed, Methuselah.

Attached: 1464721439142.png (500x547, 219K)

Daily and weekly yes, for higher levels you need to be 80 and you get clusters and a lot more nuts lol.

Attached: s1485988660769.jpg (240x142, 8K)

>Twinning music kicks in
>Your brain as it makes all the connections immediately

Attached: 1494635267419.gif (499x654, 1.44M)

yeah pc and ps4 share the same servers

>titan update the nude mod
>just make the legs worse

succor more like sucker lol

yes, everyone is on the same server. And that's what MS' policies are preventing. They want their own servers.

Is there a shush emote?

Attached: 20190704111740_1.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

>see last boss
>temporal stasis

Attached: 3478564754.jpg (396x310, 31K)

He should have died.

Attached: ffxiv_06302019_154653_291.png (2560x1440, 1.6M)

I really hope all of this is the lead up to the next MMO Yoshi and co are developing

Attached: E8E7213D-82D1-48B7-801E-011490512A85.jpg (832x868, 52K)

How long does it take to hit 35? I've never played an MMO other than a few weeks of Maplestory back in middle school but this one looks cool. I'd like to know how long the trial will last me.

I don't get their problem when FFXI was on 360 but oh well

Any anons have any experience with PS4 version? Is it worth playing?

It's basically ZA WARUDO knife attack the way they build up and finally unfreeze
And I love it

I wonder, if that is his mother. She seemed the type to keep quiet and didn't object to her own baby getting the Sephiroth treatment. Which is rather obscene.

>max ilvl
now what do I do?

Attached: ilvl.jpg (276x380, 23K)

So it's just endgame stuff, eh?
And here I thought I may get some EXP while flying alongin a party.
But do these B A and S rank be picked up at the clan hunt board? I think I did all of the quests associated with it so far...

Attached: nyee.png (689x448, 60K)

i just want to break fucking 10k

if the ascians weren't so cucked the source never would've split apart to begin with

PLAY
MAHJONG

"The Jesters are a lightwarden" was a joke between my friend and I as we were going through the story, I was kind of disappointed they didn't end up turning into meltigemini when we stormed Eulmore though.

If you aren't skipping cutscenes? A week or two, depends on how much you play.

youtube.com/watch?v=NBIRYjP1NNM&

Alexander Ultimate comes out and requires you to have a DPS pilot The Tycoon like in RW.
I would cum so fucking hard.

What do the legs look like now?

ERP with my catgirl

>hewwo is my viewa a cutie? :3c
Go back to /vg/

it's not that they want their own servers. here's direct quote from the director of the game.

>“Two months ago, I discussed with Phil Spencer,” Yoshida said. ” I have explained this before but we are prepared to do crossplay at any time. To play an MMORPG, there are 2 regulations for Microsoft which stand in the way of making crossplay feasible. Unless these regulations are rejected, there is no meaning.”

>“Simply speaking, the matching base FPS style game has no issues with those 2 regulations. If we had made an FPS game [had FF14 been one of those games], then we would already have crossplay. One of the regulations is that players with different platforms cannot chat with each other in-game. Then how do you play an MMO? The other regulation is you cannot make a community with plays on a different platform. You can’t form a guild, you can’t enter into a link shell, [and] no free company. So I would like to have Microsoft change their regulations. “

>There's no beep-beep-beep-boops.
>But the boss is still great

Attached: varyingdegrees.png (998x430, 1.03M)

>surely Ardbert handing over the axe is the pinnacle
>mfw WE STAND TOGETHER
The hype didn't die down until the moment Emet smiled. And then it was all tears from there.

Attached: 20190705011113_1.jpg (1920x1080, 281K)

35 will take you around 10-12 hours if you actually watch cutscenes, which you should.

Fair warning, the trial will cut you off right at the part where the story actually starts to pick up.

Level FSH.

play world of warcraft 8.2

have sex

that wasn't really my intention I don't care what you think about my character

no it's a cat

I immediately knew that the whole story would be amazing just by seeing Haurchefant before entering the First

This is my new favourite posting

Attached: FFXIV_Ilberd.png (1000x1000, 1.68M)

back then PSN didn't exist on PS2 so rules were more lax. plus microsoft had another boss at the time.

Shadowbringers is very good, story wise. The classes changes seem overall good too. Even if some of it was dumbed down some. It's still not wow dumbed down

just who was minfilia in her previous life? she's almost as important to hydaelyn as wol is. even elidibus wanted her alive

Attached: 1560712544942.jpg (1457x2048, 588K)

>running to boss
>asshat explains to not stand in lazers
No fucking shit. Wish I could have used Trusts. I genuinely hate it when people spew mechanics, no matter how simple, to blind players.

Attached: 1560348334434.jpg (500x576, 89K)

Thank you very much. Is it feasible to do this solo? If not, how difficult is it to join a party as a free player? I'm reading through the restrictions on free accounts and making parties is not allowed and I don't think I can use the /shout or /all chat commands either.

skinny

Speaking of Haurchefant why did the echo show us the end of Ishgard?

>Bros I heard the third book of this LOTR trilogy is good is it okay if I skip the first two?

>Giving Ryne the the smiles line

Attached: 1560796699677.jpg (207x203, 10K)

They made a special exception and then Don Mattrick came in a fucked everything up. Phil just needs to make it a standard policy anyway because needing Gold for F2P games is fucking stupid and they already have exceptions in place for shit like Minecraft & Battle Royale games.

How do I get +60 Materia without spending an arm and a leg on it at the market board, Hunts, or switching to healer for roulettes?

>ninja doing less dps than the tank on titania

They give decent exp, if you meet some targets while doing other stuff might be worthy but doing only that specifically with a party no.

well merely having the echo puts you on the radar so to speak when it comes to the ancient people.
the who is not clear though, we have more info on the WoL's original incarnation than hers, and it aint much.

That was a vision of G'raha or someone else in the future trying to determine exactly when they should aim for to stop the Calamity.

The main story quests are all solo except the few which are tied to dungeons or trials. There's a matchmaking system for those, so it will put you in a group automatically after you queue for a bit.

Level other jobs in prep for 6.0

Absolutely, I do it solo for the vast majority. Super easy to join

You can go through the entire game solo, only doing mandatory dungeons with a group that you can find through random matchmaking. Don't worry, everyone does all the dungeons at all level ranges because the game has a level sync mechanic. You won't be waiting long to queue up for any dungeon, 30 min max on a bad day, 5-10 min on average.

Those restrictions are designed to hinder gold sellers, you'll be fine. Doubly so if you manage to make some in-game friends.
If you want to play a healer you'll get instant queues in matchmaking. If you don't you should probably make friends with a healer.

hunts and role in need bonus are the easiest, im sitting on 20 cystals havent bothered to meld 60s into my gear yet

When I wondered what the next FF MMo would be for a minute I thought "I'm not sure if I'd want it to be sci fi, I think I'd rather it be high fantasy" Then I stopped and thought about getting to rock some spirits within space marine armor and get a final fantasy magitekpunk/sci fi MMO and my dick can't get more erect. Then again I default prefer high fantasy so I'd be happy with either If it's modern fantasy a'la FF15 then I will be very upset

Attached: ffxiv laughtrack.gif (264x240, 2.64M)

Just finished the story and mained mostly PLD. What should I do next? Level a new job? Go to Eureka and level some more?

Yoshida said he's tired of the technology angle and wants pure high fantasy if he were to be put in charge of the next mainline game. And you can be damn sure that FFXVI is the secret project he's heading right now.

>meld a 60 into amaurot earrings
>replace them with ronka
>smash the materia
Curse my fat fingers

>the overwhelming evil that destroyed the Ascians was a Slotmachine fused with a dog

Attached: 65991937_p0.png (800x1000, 535K)

>gunshot during his reveal
I thought I was ready for this roller coaster. I wasn't.

Attached: HO.jpg (400x400, 44K)

Thank you all! I'm really looking forward to this now.

That was merely a symptom, not the cause.

The thing that caused the Calamity was a kazoo.

Reminder that Yoshi-P is in charge of FFXVI as a single-player game.

>Level other jobs in prep for 6.0
That's like 2 years away man

Yeah i was wondering too if that piece of shit of eureka could be useful to level other jobs quickly. Anyone tried?

That's interesting, I hadn't considered it was from his perspective but yeah I guess that was Biggs wasn't it?
So was he reading Heavensward to catch up on the events he missed since he was in the freezer at the time?

>all powerful godbeing
>pops a cap in his ass instead of bothering to use any of that power
God dammit, even when he's being an asshole he makes me smile.

Finish leveling other Tanks, since you've already done the prep work with Role Quests

>when you realize that the 1.0 trailer set in the chrystarium was Ardbert who had an echo vision of us on the source fighting against Garleans in 2.0 when he was starting his journey
I didn’t want these feels

Attached: 996C9878-C47E-4574-A33F-A3E91BBD8AF7.jpg (775x915, 120K)

If you do stick with the game, here is a recruitment code: P2TJ5ZPK
Gives you a head item which increases exp gains up to 25. It works for gatherers and crafters.

It's a fun game once you get into it, enjoy. Maybe temper expectations a bit for the first few hours, it starts slow.

I would have taken fighting them over that stupid Rubik's Cube boss on Mt. Gulg. Would have been a better parallel since you fight Meltigemini in Mt. Gulug in IX.

Yeah I have generally not played FF games before this but I'll 100% buy their next singleplayer final fantasy game if Yoshi is in charge or if it goes with the high fantasy, low technology angle.

>When he mentioned guin saga as an inspiration for the Hrothgar
So mad I can't read moonrunes and they translated only 16 or something of 120 stories of Guin Saga. Amazes me some Japanese lady (RIP to her though) does a better pulpy conan the barbarian inspired fiction than I've read since Robert E Howard himself.

It's what I did after SB's release and was ready for any content in SB no matter the role. Plus then it's off your mind when the lead up to 6.0 starts.

Also if you're a new player your name has a sprout by it, when you run a dungeon as a sprout people see it and give you so much fucking room to fuck up you wouldn't believe it. You can fail literally everything and they'll just pick you up, dust you off and drag you to the end of the dungeon with a smile.
Silly little sprout.

This actually makes a lot of sense

>WoL is tempered by hydaelyn
How do we break free? middy's gone

I have 0 patience for sprouts at level 60+

>even when he's being an asshole he makes me smile.
I enjoy Emet so much for that reason. Talked to him before initiating each quest to see what he had to say and was surprised he would actually answer with options.

Attached: 1562465439547.png (1024x734, 722K)

So to make a successful MMO, you basically create a single player story with a chosen hero and make it multiplayer?

They're literally throwing poetics at you.
Give them your comms.
If you don't need poetics why are you in level roulette?

>They gave FSH absolutely NOTHING, again
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We aren't tempered. We defend the planet by proxy of not wanting people to die, we aren't exclusively fighting for hydaelyn glory.

Plus we spend way too much time doing random shit to be actually tempered.

If you start on Ultros I wouldn't mind helping.

We enlist the help of an ageless sorcerer to help us.

Attached: 41E238D1-B6E0-4FE4-A28E-69D776CAC0E6.jpg (1024x576, 109K)

So I remember Alisaie referencing Coil if you did it in 3.4 or so (3.x), and there were a good couple of DRG lines in HW as well.
Are there any (noticeable) optional chunks of extra dialogue/stuff in ShB like this? I saw something about CT further down the thread , but I'm just finishing the final Stormblood patches now, so I'm being careful with what I read, and I also presumed there may be some lines referencing DRK, though apparently that's not the case at all.
pls respond

Attached: 6mG.gif (256x256, 455K)

Good taste

Do Crystal Tower.

user. we are
pastebin.com/ffXVNJsM

Is the EXP from MSQ Roulette worth the time? I realize I could just alt+tab but I'd rather get EXP having fun in the game, unless you get an assload. This would be for 70+ if it makes a difference.

Hell no

Fucking yes, it gives disgusting exp right now.

Do I get more XP from repeating leveling roulette or the highest ShB dungeon I can enter? Healer btw so queue times are instant.

Attached: 1516936088205.jpg (640x640, 34K)

Attached: 1322576556856.jpg (576x432, 53K)

Crystal Tower, big time. Also do Hildibrand before finishing Stormblood.

A ton of quests reference each other depending on your progress. Even Hand/Land jobs in MSQ/Side Dungeon content.

It's safe to just do everything.

>still can't beat wow
>still can't beat RuneScape
No one cares, and I know for a fact that the general keeps making these faggot threads. Step outside of your echo chamber.

>que for twinning
>take a nap
>wake up
>make a sandwich
>drop off overdue library book
>que still going

YOSHI

Roulette with daily bonus
Highest level dungeon
Roulette without daily bonus

Attached: 1552323578064.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

It beats WoW in every way except pvp but I hope the gained popularity makes them look into the pvp modes a bit.

Attached: 1557209747673.png (1171x1139, 606K)

I wish Dancer had Axel's idle stance from Kingdom Hearts

A lot of WoW refugees moved to it, as well as a lot of JRPG fans that never tried MMOs before

Yes
Daily Roulette -> Highest Dungeon

Hydaelyn
Zodiark

Should i level DRG, MCH or WAR for my second job?

MSQ roulette will reliably give you 40-60% of an entire XP bar depending on which one you get.

Everything we've done has made hydaelyn stronger m8

Where does it say you're tempered in that paste?

all of those are bad

Takes too much time.

Castrum is actually really fast

What's the best way to maximize afk time in msq roulette without being so obvious they votekick you?

I'm just about done, just did The Ghimlyt Dark. It won't do anything anymore, will it (though perhaps it will change cutscenes at Inns)? I mean I probably should have done it already and definitely will when I am caught up with this game and still have sub time for once so never

I wish we could get their weapons as glamours desu.

Do I go lion boy on my WHM?

Second monitor

just alt tab during cutscenes and check occassionally. /follow someone as soon as the cutscene is over

Thanks. I just noticed Leveling gives me new Clusters when a Healer is in need which is like 110k gil right now so I might stick to that for a while. It also tends to run faster/smoother than a ShB dungeon.

Attached: 1542400908693.jpg (1500x2000, 1.4M)

The fact that zodiark tempered the ascians who summoned him is enough evidence, you have to be a smoothbrain to not see the connotation

It just adds one line for Godbert and it's funny to see him being so serious and real after the shit he does in the Hildi questline. Hildibrand is worth doing anyway though.

just do everything.

>complaining about time
>in an mmo
Pls.

If anything XIV respects your time by giving you all that exp for it and doesn't sit you with arbitrary wait times where you can't even move or log out.

What did he mean by this?

Cool.
Where do you even trade in the clusters? I have a bunch of them when I was leveling my WAR to 80

Attached: ss+(2019-07-07+at+11.58.00).jpg (457x574, 116K)

Eulmore

All that says is that ancient ascians were tempered because zodiark tempered.

Nothing says hydaelyn tempered anyone, we already met primals who don't care about tempering, like susano.

Hydaelyn was stronger at the start of ARR than it is now.

Crystarium or Eulmore. Literally an NPC called Materia Trader or some shit.

...? Zodiark isn't Hydaelyn.

So it's a JRPG with queues?

Eulmore

Why do the Garlean always lose?

Attached: 1555074412929.jpg (750x750, 127K)

Hydaelyn was summoned in the same way retard, they're both primals

Is that during the meeting with Nanamo?

Not the same user but I'm at that part too.

A JRPG with queues or friends depending on how you play.

Well they won once and it ended the world.

Yep

Just hit 80 WHM, what now?

Attached: firefox_gBRu60DB2o.png (271x239, 34K)

They're a puppet state founded by an immortal lych. They never had a chance.

PLD so you have all 3 roles.

80 tank or 80 ranged dps
what you pick all depends on what playstyle/glamour you like better

youtube.com/watch?v=nmGF2iif0mM

KINOBRINGERS

I'm at work, I wanna just let it run as much as i can on my laptop without being obvious. I've seen afkers get votekicked before

80 melee dps*

What was the line?

Ah ok good. I really should finish those quests though, last I did was the one in Costa del Sol.

They're inferior to Eorzeans, and they're inferior to the Ancient Ascians (unless you have a katana)

Yes but hydaelyn isn't zodiark.

Garuda isn't susano. Ramuh only cared about protecting sylphs and the forest, he didn't gave a shit about getting followers.

Best way to avoid getting kicked for being AFK is by contributing in the duty, I find.

He just recognizes you as his son's friend which means all the zany cartoon antics are canon.

Whats the ideal male race for whm?

Explain.

but hydaelyn has every reason to enthrall us, to ensure we continue to protect the world and prevent zodiark from regaining power, and to keep the shards split

Noted but I won't be hopping online for quite a while (slow download speed) so it's unlikely this thread will still be up.
That's good to know. I've definitely heard about how loads of players in MMOs are really autistic about min-maxing parties and raids and what not so it's good to know I'll have some room to make mistakes.
Thank you. Yea Forums has destroyed basically all of my hype for anything so my expectations are now just low in general. It's nice because when I do find a good game it's a pleasant surprise rather than a disappointment.
I've saved that to a notepad file, if I do end up buying the game I'll definitely use it!

ronso

Only viable option for MMO at the moment. The genre has largely been left behind after the explosion of failures in WoWs wake and WoWs own waning popularity makes other studios nervous to try. Square played the long game and now they're literally the only option. Massive brand recognition and developer consumer interaction in the wake of its initial failure are what kept it floating.

Hydaelyn was summoned in response to Zodiark's influence. Stands to reason they'd wish it so she wasn't prone to corrupt people like Zodiark did.

>whm
Cat, all healsluts are cats.

Khloe

Damn that's really good.

Ramuh has every reason to enthrall everyone to ensure the protection of the forest. But he doesn't do it for that reason. He has only tempered any Sylphs because they begged him for it so they would feel safe.

>wojakposter

Ah, I really love ShB's take on it. Hoping future installments give voiced reactions for other raids or sidequests.

Doing the tank role quests then Write sidequestts was a wholesome treat when you know exactly what happened.

The WoL was the 14th Ascian that disagreed with everything about Zodiark and was one of the proprietors for summoning Hydaelyn. Why would Hydaelyn need to temper someone who is already setting out what they need to do.

>developer consumer interaction
I do enjoy those liveletters.

There's nothing in our actions that even suggests a hint of enthrallment. It wouldn't make sense in the grand scheme of the story, at all.

take the hroth pill and join us, brother

Attached: 1562381287042.png (1200x691, 1.09M)

I've played WoW since BC, gave FF14 another try since last try was not sincere and WoW blinders kept me from playing the game my way instead played the autistic way.

>Make and Au'ra, slowly level all profession classes and rogue.
>Having a giggle at the story from class quests and main quests.
>Hear that new expansion is announced.
>What's the new races?
>Viera
>Collectively lose my shit
>Flashback to my first Final Fantasy game: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>Viera was introduced in that game
>Came out just as I hit puberty
>First "monster girl" race I ever felt attracted to.
>OH SWEET JESUS THEY ARE WEARING THE OUTFIT FROM FF12!!!
>HOW DO I BUY THIS DAMN EXPANSION ALREADY????
>Impatiently clench my buttcheeks waiting for this expansion to drop.
>Early access week.
>Spend WAY too much time in character editing with Fantasia potion making my Au'ra into a Viera.
>Literal only downside to this race is the lack of ears sticking out of hats and such.
>20/10 Amazon Goddesses that are muscular (6-pack of dreams)
>Highlight the tip of her ears black to make her ears look like Red Squirrel ears as Red Squirrels are most based squirrels along with their black coated relatives
>Viera is all female for players with 80% female lore-wise
>Amazon beauties make trannies and SJWs seethe
>They aren't getting male Viera because based FF14 team is based.
>Greatest BTFO to SJWs ever
>BRB experiencing Nirvana for the first time.

How does Yoshida do it? Walk around with balls of steel like his? They must weigh a ton.

Also taking screenshots in this game is godlike, I can fish while my UI is hidden, making fishing EXTREMELY cozy. How do they do it?

Attached: 2019-07-07 (13).png (1280x720, 908K)

A good example would be removing the Company of Heroes portion of Titan. Make it optional, that'd cut out about 80% of Titan's arc and leave just Titan and the kobalds rather than saving cheese recipes and learning how traditional Miqo'te society functions, neither one of which are important to the main story.

If you cut out enough side stuff like that and simply had players start at level 30, you could crunch in the rest between 31-50 and get players moving towards HW quicker.

I'm literally not looking forward to the next expansion because the source content is shit compared to the First. Getting back to Mor'dona at the end of ShB immediately felt like ass and the Garlean storylines are always generic and boring. Oh boy another generic bad looking dude in armor. Hoo boy more muh technology. The post credit cutscenes were dull and Estinien hasn't done fucking shit since Heavensward and is about the least interesting character in the world.

There is zero way they will top this expansion

Dilate
MCH but be warned you're going to be staring at gauges and cooldowns hard

She really doesn't since everything we did so far was to help others and not specifically her.

We killed ifrit because ifrit was tempering citizens of thanalan.
We killed garuda because she was amassing a army to invade gridania, even using ifrit and titan.
We killed leviathan because he was attacking ships.
and the list goes on.

no homo?

>tfw you have to wait for people to go to bed before you can create your character
Thats what I get for joining up on a weekend I guess.

Attached: 1483626474728.png (500x500, 177K)

FFXI did it with CoP 13 years ago.

They even make a joke about the Titan feast in ShB though.
It's really hard to just trim the fat of the XIV storyline because honestly that's part of the point.

The FFXIV commerical with Tom Holland is what made me realize that the game is actually huge.

It's pretty funny that a fucking Final Fantasy MMO is not only the usurper of WoW but the savor of its own franchise.

Someone reply to this post with that image of Emet-Selch going "you just posted cringe bro"

This expansion has ruined the source for me.

They could easily cut entire corrupted crystal questline before garuda and trim it down to "Just go fetch the crystals once"

Not for a while. SE would rather wait until NA players unsubscribe while it adds servers to EU.

some are raen and midlander

How is dancer? I was considering picking up another job since i've only played healer so far.

Tanking makes me nervous.

Attached: 1552066848597.png (501x500, 336K)

LOL
COPE

they were a loser race to begin with, but getting magitek made them feel superior to everyone else. still, the galvus family seem physically strong

Still relevant.

Attached: 1542337689484.png (1914x1036, 1002K)

>4.x
>oldguard
Bruh, I played MCH in fucking gordias when it was beyond shit, get out.

And to add up, if we were tempered she wouldn't have a reason to welcome us and explain what happened like she did every time we talked with her.

We'd just work for the glory of hydaelyn and nothing else, why would she talk to us and explain us the whole beginning and the shards if we were her thralls?

Also Ivalice poking a you with the wine quest.

we can still save the source, all we have to do is genocide lalafells and roes

Dancer is extremely straightforward and spammy since you fish for procs a lot.
Just read your tooltips.

Maybe just the act of summoning will temper those who summoned her, like Ramuh and others, she might not want to temper

Bad thing good thing

Do your experts, hammerbrained imbecile, your mother was a hobgoblin

Replace alphinaud for thancred and the chad becomes the virgin.

DONT MAKE ME GO BACK TO THE SOURCE
I WANT TO LIVE IN THE FIRST FOREVER
I DONT WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE BEAST TRIBE LALAS MONGROLS CONTROL THE MONEY
I DONT WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITH LYSE AND THE MHIGGERS
I DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH AN IDIOT NATION OF FOREHEAD VAGINA DIALATORS AND THEIR NEW EMPEROR WHO COLLECTS KATANAS
I JUST WANT TO HELP MY FIRST SHARD BROS

Attached: 1450333160701.png (374x336, 23K)

Its actually just as braindead as RDM

Katanas are lame

>"Just go fetch the crystals once"
Post Moogle quests have a take on this and other ARR content. As user said, they need a scalpel not a cleaver. You get rid of 1 thing and suddenly several other instances are affected.

Only thing I can think of not absolutely vital is some of the Sylph lands stuff like them turning into the scions. Or that time you had to rescue Tataru when she was mining in Mor Dhona.

That's it, I'm off the /WoWboat/ and I'm now officially joining the /FFTorpedo/.

Attached: 1552975128171.jpg (1200x948, 121K)

Attached: 1543521977152.jpg (708x800, 95K)

Why is the Source story(s) so boring compared to the First bros? Was the Source a mistake?

I think it's more braindead and has an even less fluid rotation than RDM.
Not to mention all these idiots who can't even read that their dance does damage and they do it at range and miss out on DNC's hardest hitting attacks.

Elidibus pls.

Attached: D-4tKryUcAAAjxa.jpg large.jpg (2003x1714, 541K)

I agree fellow Ascians.

go work on your keikaku elidibus

I loved the MSQ, but
>3 max level dungeons and nothing else
for an MMO that's pretty lame

Fuck off Elidibus

By being decent while WoW got worse and worse so refugees moved over
Shadowbringers is the best the game's ever been and BFA is the worst WoW's ever been, so you do the match

Based
Welcome aboard.

I beg your pardon?

Attached: maxresdefault (24).jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Yep. Time to wait for 5.X patches.

I kinda dig the wife, actually. She's fat and naive but overall she's a sweetheart.

The raids are out in 12 days.
People might bitch about it but if Eden was available day 1 then you feel pressured to rush and get to the "raiding" endgame.

we're all laughing at elidibus now but what if ishikawa makes him more kino than emet

Yeah bro just scale the leveling ones up and give them 4 tiers of difficulty so that I can farm them user Yoshi

Who tossed a guy over the railing.

>hold on - primals?!
>primals, joe.
>bullshit. yo jamie, pull that up

Attached: ffxiv_06282019_141633_620.png (335x524, 166K)

>dwarves are based
>mystel are cool engineers and not cocksucking sluts
>not-gridania is now populated with bunny girls instead of giraffes
>majority of au ra and weebs were exterminated during the flood
First > source

And a murderer.

I just want more Nu Mou.

Unironically.

Oda wasn't the main writer

Attached: 1498310408459.jpg (1920x1080, 733K)

go back to wow.

Attached: 1562468960606m.jpg (1024x568, 44K)

>make a mistake in pvp
>get spammed with "Nice Job!"s
>don't want to queue again

I know some of you get your rocks off by shitting on people you'll very likely never see again, but maybe being dicks to people is the opposite thing to do when no one plays PvP. Which is a shame because I think there's a nice foundation for it, but the devs flounder a bit in execution.

yes I mad

I loved the Human Revolution-style conversation minigame, hope they do it again.

>AAAAAAAGH EMET HELP ME!!! HE HAS A KATANA!!!

Attached: 1545397305246.jpg (639x320, 9K)

I've heard Dun Scaith and Mhach are known mechanics killers, it was certainly true with Mhach compared to the four raids that came before it, what's the must knows for Dun Scaith?

>let me tell you joe roegadyn ul'dah in the 1540s was fuckin wild

How are you guys enjoying MNK?

>see people talking about the game a lot on Yea Forums
>looks like it might be fun
>download free trial
>go through character creation
>keeps asking for more and more pointless shit like birthday and birth sign
>finally get ready to start
>oh sorry you cant make characters on this server, oh, or any other server

Wow, very cool game. They can't afford a couple extra servers with all that sub money?

she killed dozens

>been playing since a month after HW
>still haven't done Alexander
>probably never will
love the music though

Attached: mononoke 2.22.jpg (640x480, 50K)

It was really good. Wasn't much keen of the ending until you hit the last dungeon and fight based gramps.

I did them all blind fine, just watch what other people do and pay attention to indicators.
In fact that's every encounter in the game.

>server ticks
fuck monk.

Because they don't expand on the lore that's already there, or focus too much on the present. There's a ton of neat or interesting pieces of lore or areas to explore in our world, but they won't ever go back to them.
>Gelmorra
>everything to do with early limsa
>the sister city to Ul'dah which we kinda see in the First
>mor dhona's pre battle of silvertear
>every part of eorzea that isn't a map for ??? reason

>mystel are cool engineers and not cocksucking sluts
Also male mystel aren't a teen weeb power fantasy incarnate.

just slipping in as the only person on Yea Forums who likes it

Ye

hey fuck you, we were voeburtite and shit

I am starting to think Elidibus was the main architect behind Zodiark's creation.The reason why he wears white and why other Ascians are suspicious of him might be because he escaped tempering?

In the context of
>better than any FF in the last decade
it's not a meme. In the last 10 years the mainline FF series has seen XIII, XIV, and XV. The story of XIV is great but the competition isn't that steep either.

The best part of the first is that there's male mystel everywhere. Gays and fujos can't say "B-BUT MALE MIQO'TE ARE R-RARE TOO" anymore

Fuck I want more story now, one expansion isn't enough!

Dont forget
>all the kobolds are chill and love to trade
>All the beastmen in the fairy zone work together very well and worship 1 ruler so they n ever really conflict
>Sahagin seem to keep to their underwater home and also like to trade and make business deals
>Almajaa are animal herders and raise Amaros
>No ixali mistakes

Forgive me if I'm wrong but don't they simply say their bonded aren't working out, and then the bonded either have to leave or are thrown out? Like they didn't personally throw them over the railing, did they?

>literally can't make a character on the data center everyone recommends
Certainly not through their server management. This shit is beyond archaic.

>say I got roped into it for the reaction
>fail
I should have expected that, but it wasn't any less annoying since I was right at the end.

Attached: 1562446781503.webm (1600x900, 1.57M)

but the goblins

Giving monk a way to get a free GL stack like RoW in late 4.x and/or having anatman grant a GL stack on use would go a long way to making the job feel so much better. Give back howling fist too so we don't die of boredom during RoF.

Monks been my main since arr, Im doing just fine as well.
>Those redditors who want to do away with GL because its too much to upkeep
>And they also thought TK rotation was super fun
The only source of suffering

It's probably simpler than that: Black robes = Zodiark, White robe (Elidibus) = Hydaelyn's summoners/believers, and since Eli's the only one left in White, that's why Hydaelyn came to get you and your split images

Make sure you have surecast (if its still a skill I don't remember) or arms length for the first boss.

I'd like to see a FF that was actually truly pure fantasy. So no ancient weapons, or hidden tech or spaceship to the moon. I'm not sure there has been a FF like that. A sort of LoTR kind of fantasy.

We'll live

Because the game has been on a roll with good content, especially compared to other MMO’s in the market

>started playing last week
>game is amazing

Thanks Yea Forums

I don't know if I want to play an RPG directed Yoshi. I'd play one produced by him - he seems like he's good at managing everything - but I'm not sure how I feel about him from a gameplay perspective.

All the money in the world can't fit every person in a city in a building at max capacity unless it was built that way.

Maybe FF2, the most advanced thing in that game is just a really big airship

>first in my FC to clear MSQ
>get Tomorrow and Tomorrow orechestrion roll
>immediately set it to play on loop in the FC house
>anyone who comes inside is going to be spoiled on the song

Attached: 4B0B511DD32548D6B7327A2FFDE517CC.png (400x600, 406K)

>chimps, ha?

>thought TK rotation was super fun
It was, but that's not what TK fags got upset over. It's that not a shred of complexity was added in to replace it. Yoshi just killed TK rotation, took some ogcd skills while he was at it, and called it a day.

Never thought of that. One of the theme I got from ShB is that heroes sometimes end up ruining the world with their good intention. If Elidibus was one of the people who summoned Hydaelyn, he might've regretted it since she fragmented the world into multiple pieces

Same thing happened in my FC house but nobody went there because they were doing MSQ.

>TFW should probably level 70 pally or mch but kiind of want to level a healer or sam

Attached: 1559475441690.png (664x520, 177K)

god i hate that fucking frog suit

Attached: 1560812576913.jpg (1169x826, 84K)

Stay seething froglet

emet was a fag but pretty good villain

>house hopping to see if anyone used the new furniture
>hear the beginning of a song I've never heard
>immediately panic and mute the game

i got to level 50 years ago with the trial, skipped story and everything.

would there be any point in going back if i dont remember shit about the game

SAM and healers are boring as absolute fuck if can handle pressing more than two buttons in a fight

WoW, but prettier and easier, partly because the devs gone out of their way to present mechanics with braindead tells, which makes it VERY casual friendly, For fuck sake, the latest expansion has the ability to solo Story Dungeons with AI companions instead of people as a selling point. And it is pretty nice for learning them and taking in the environments actually, really hope Trust stays for the future expansions and "Between Expansion" content.

I tried doing it last night. Got a tank with his healer gf. She wouldn't holy, or even fucking heal. So the last boss was literally impossible. Think we wiped 7 times.

How to get Emet-Selch BF?

Not him but I never wanted complexity from Monk, that's what I play Ninja for.

what are good gloves and shoes to match with chocobo suit?

The shit never spawns.

>haha dude what if we never used the overworld after your first job and made you spam this one incredibly boring dungeon to level
It has issues and the ones it has are massive. The janny needs to fuck off either way

PIG
LYFE

It's on a 24-hour cooldown, find out its last spawn or just use a hunt linkshell/discord

If you're doing PotD to level that's your own fault for being a fucking moron.

Very few leave without trouble. As seen with the people who escaped and live in that remote village. If I remember their sidequests right, none of them had particularly peaceful partings with their Eulmore masters.

You get tossed or LIVING AETHER.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

>it's my fault PotD and dungeon spam are the only viable options

Every job needs complexity so they aren't braindead boring to play. When a job lacks complexity, you get red mage.

>spoiler
Would be great if I didn't have to level them all from scratch.

>what are fates
>what are hunts
>what are the other hundred fucking dungeons in the game

Um, guys?

Attached: 453435453453354.jpg (264x397, 20K)

>WoL finally gets an Ascian mask
>it's the legacy tattoo
Just watch

>What are fates?
10x slower than POTD
>What are hunts?
10x slower than POTD
>What are the other dungeons?
Slower than POTD if a DPS job

GODA

WoL belongs to BBCs only?

Captcha freaking out for anyone else?

Attached: 1561340075906.png (800x1129, 616K)

I just had a Sophia roulette where one of the 2 SCH was spamming Broil. Almost NOTHING else. DNC1 died because she got knocked into the ice, didn't get a single heal, slowly bled out. DNC2 died. SCH1 died by knock-off. And meanwhile, SCH2 is doing this shit
>Broil broil broil broil broil broil Physick broil broil broil physick broil
>Dude are you gonna rez the other healer?
>broil broil broil broil swiftcast-broil (I shit you not)
>broil broil slowcast Rez on SCH1
>MCH is at 5% hp, BLM at 70%, OT dead too
>finally rezzes SCH1 who proceeds to heal themselves
>broil broil broil broil physick broil
>SCH1 rezzes 2nd DNC, OT, saves rest of the raid
>doesn't rez the first DNC who died to bleed-out
>broil broil broil start to slowrez last DNC, cancel, broil broil broil
>DNC1 complains about SCH2, OT defends them, BLM says some shit about doing mechanics even though 4 people hit that same ice patch
>Sophia has 5% left
>broil broil broil broil LUCID FUCKING DREAMING AT 100% HP broil broil broil
>fight over, DNC1 still dead
someone tell me what in the fuck just happened. Did I run into an RMT healer in a lv70 trial?

yes