What's an alive MMO that most resembles pic related?

What's an alive MMO that most resembles pic related?

Attached: Cover_Ragnarok.jpg (826x658, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U46KF76lqM0
youtu.be/BqijsweJzFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2DuvYC3zENI
youtube.com/watch?v=uskBZZXEN94
youtube.com/watch?v=qRVKFq9qUiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bhAP3MfMaTg
youtube.com/watch?v=ibxqkAS5qzw&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

none of them will ever come close to ragnarok online. nothing like RO but i've been playing ffxiv to fill the void. i miss my RO friends bros..

Attached: 1552706747821.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

There aren't any.

When are we coming home? ;_:

does FFXIV have anything worthwhile or is it just weeb WoW with all the nasty shit that comes with it?

RO Mobile

Attached: 1561336682982.jpg (685x800, 68K)

none

Attached: Ghostring.gif (40x47, 2K)

is it really bad?

Good game, plagued by awful fucking manchildren roleplaying as catgirls.

I enjoy it, but dont expect to be able to dump time into it like you could an old mmo unfortunately. Still kinda fun from a casual perspective for the story etc etc

Tree of savior was supposed to be the new shit but it was just a themepark, and a bad one

But how does it compare to RO? Does it have an interesting world with many dungeons and areas worth farming for the drops? Is every class unique and has it's own strengths and weaknesses beyond being interchangeable concerning their role in the trinity?

Tree of Savior

It's quest-guided bullshit wearing an RO skin.

Cool looking, shallow world. Not worth doing specific dungeons for specific drops (outside of cosmetics) and classes very much fit in the trinity, and you're forced to take varied DPS roles within 8 man parties otherwise it fucks with game mechanics.

Probably not what you're looking for unfortunately.

Class wise your not locked to any one class and you have tons of things to do from gathering,farming dungeons and trials, the golden saucer minigames, housing, and the ost is top notch. Every class is pretty balanced and fun I'd definitely recommend I've only played for 155 hours and it's nice. The story is good but gets even better at HW and the new expansion is just perfect. Also don't feel rushed to do shit just do it at your own time

And here's a pic of my bar and grill in my guilds house

Attached: ffxiv_07032019_225717_679.png (1366x768, 1.67M)

It's pretty and has a decent story, that's about it
You won't find the fun RO had in it. No unique builds since every job is cookie cutter, no exploration aspect, no fun grinds.

No MMORPG will have that design because it's simply too much responsibility for most people.
RO is its own beast. At best, Tree of Savior might work out for you, but even it feels more like... say, Elsword or Diablo even, where you're just kind of donking legions of retards constantly. Classwork is nice in that one, but it's also still square in its own way all the same.

modern mmos dont feel like RO and prob never will again.

ff has lots of dungeons and you can farm drops for crafting i guess. if you in for the story/lore it has a lot of that. the world is partly kinda empty and a bit boring tho. RO always had a little weirdness wich youll prob miss.

Attached: Smokie.gif (45x50, 10K)

Path of Exile if that counts as an MMO. Any Diablo clone with online multiplayer really.

Attached: 1509223891931.png (841x578, 292K)

nice art

Ragnarok as heavily inspired by and copied Diablo 2. No other MMO has ever had similar gameplay. If you want something similar to Ragnarok the only options are other Diablo clones.

> other Diablo clones
any examples?

After 60 levels I can 100% tell you that ToS is everything people praised RO for NOT being, while having a RO-like skin. It's terrible.

No MMO will ever come close to the build and gear customization RO had.

Cards were the best system ever, drop rate was kinda shit tho.

They're nothing alike beyond pointing and clicking.

Have you played Ultima Online, user?

None of these. It's not that kind of MMO, it's more of an action game anyway and the grinding is uncomfy.

I wonder if cards were made to mimic runes

Ragnarok Online.
Just play on a server that isnt dead.
Still quite a lot of servers with 600~2000 people on them.

>and the grinding is uncomfy

how so?

FFxiv's maps are boring because you're walking through it with godmode enabled. Big mistake in design but if they do it differently the community resounds with a big NO.

what you're describing is FFXI my dude.
if you just wanna blast through all the story/missions in it play on retail.
if you actually want to properly experience the game play on a private server like Nasomi.

Daily reminder that RO was never that good and bunch of nostalgia fags circle jerking over it won't change the fact

Attached: 1562436209417.jpg (596x699, 157K)

I played it a few months ago and still had fun. Suck it faggot.

Only got boring because nofriends

You grind gear/bosses rather than coming up with ways to farm lots of mobs

Glastheim is the best dungeon/series of maps in any video game ever.

Anyone else here try playing kitty cat mode?

It was fun for a bit.

That shit still gives me the chills.
>need an item there for class change quest but its way beyond my level
>RO doesn't limit you from trying regardless
>LETS DO THIS SHIT
>music
youtube.com/watch?v=U46KF76lqM0

Attached: screenChaos034.jpg (1024x768, 157K)

You can't settle down for the long whole. Every fight is very involved and you can't relax and grind. You mentioned grinding monsters, that's precisely what you do not do in FFxiv.
Furthermore there isn't synergy between jobs, there isn't something a job can do better or worse depending and the situation and there are no builds or character stats to really worry about hence why i can't recommend it as an RPG.
You recognize the dreariness of the veteran, been playing it everyday for 5 years i did. Eureka is the best attempt they ever took at a improving the game come at me fags.

>RO now has furries

Attached: TKO4oaPh.jpg (610x457, 65K)

hey guys, I think about you my RO friends every single day

>summoner
>Doram race
God damn RO died hard.

Haul. You can't settle down for the long haul.

Can anyone explain the appeal of RO and what are some shit that made it stand out/or things that are easily missable that lead to a better experience? I felt like I was just endlessly grinding.

Not true grinding mobs is the most important thing in ToS because the bosses don’t really give any money. It’s just lame because there’s no real enemy variety.

It was less streamlined than most modern games, both in terms of world design and character customization, so there was a sense of freedom that you don't get so much nowadays. Also, guild-vs-guild PvP lead to massive rewards, which made politics more interesting.

Ah fuck, I've been considering playing FFXI. Where should I start?

Thanks and sorry for parasiting an RO thread with posts about my shitty game.

Attached: vu0vlc88hy531.png (388x318, 336K)

Top notch music, the setting/world design is kind of generic but there are a decent number of memorable places, and the visual mix of sprites for entities and low poly environments is appealing.
The actual gameplay offers a massive degree of freedom. Plotting out your character's build and obtaining key pieces of gear is a fairly involved logistics problem, since you need to figure out how and where to get things.
I remember trying to obtain a full set of Super Novice armor, and the best place to obtain the set was in an area that was much higher than I was. However, the enemy that dropped it was fairly low level and reasonable to defeat with my build, so the problem was actually reaching that point in the dungeon where the enemy spawned. I had to spam an item that instantly relocated you to a random position on the map, and continuously did that until I stumbled onto the monster.

It's still fun. I played it for a couple of months again with my friends during the weekends. It just needs people playing it again. Game is still fun casual even on regular drop and exp rates

Play Eden it's up and coming private server. The fresh new kid.

youtu.be/BqijsweJzFQ
Reminds me of my summer vacations.

tonight, I feel nostalgic

Attached: 1561156255620.jpg (1098x735, 145K)

Honestly it's not half bad if you wanna play it casually. I got my gf to play it with me and we are having fun. Just don't expect classic ro

Attached: alarm.gif (99x123, 20K)

Also posting random sprites cus ro had some great sprites

Attached: beelzebub.gif (220x220, 66K)

Attached: abysmal_knight.gif (184x287, 94K)

Prontera theme is my alarm clock.

My phone is rooted so I can't play it anyway. Phone app devs started blocking rooted phones for almost everything.

Every monster had unique drops that were useful to some build or another. You could be a low level character and still hunt for really expensive items that you could use and stay with them until you were max level.

This meant that rushing to the max level wasn't a chore you'd do like in every WoW clone, the leveling journey actually mattered since you'd mostly be hunting for rare items in an area or another.

Classes were pretty distinct, a steel body Monk was a far different tank than a devotion Paladin, a Wizard was a far different damage dealer than a Hunter. You had things like the Alchemist which would craft bombs and potions to use in battle and level homunculus (pets) which had different habilities to help them in PvM.

You can get the apk from their website. Just make sure it's global. And once again it's only casual and not meant to be played seriously

Attached: ef1b42e91016670c5969edd4f97e295a.gif (137x127, 23K)

Tree of Savior is closest, but that's about it

Too bad Star Gladiator is useless on renewal.
Minibosses that I used to kill on pre have 480+ flee now.
Star Emperor when?
Taekwon on Eternal Love when?

Attached: 1562322560213.jpg (578x898, 81K)

This. Most of these fags have warped memories because they played on their own Private 100x/100x/100x servers that gave them easy warps, OP items, and either handholding quests or just straight launched them to Class 2
>T-TOS's maps aren't as imaginative as ROs
They're the exact same design, ToS just did you the favor of not drawing the fuck ton amount of trees/clutter you cant interact with instead of tossing you into a square

Attached: TheFirstZelda.jpg (299x289, 11K)

ToS maps just have no flavor

No it's not stop spreading bullshit, it's RO but gated with Gacha and Stamina timers

Root check is built into the APK even if you install it directly rather than from the store. It just returns "This app cannot be installed." Most shit that blocks root you just find a modded apk with the restriction removed but presumably an online game would detect that as hacking.

I dont know what constitutes "flavor" for a map, but ToS, despite shitting the bed profusely on winning RO refugees over, still offered plenty of hidden spots, "farm" zone vs Rare spawn zone, and the hidden drops in each of the 200+ areas

>praising tos
tos maps sucks ass and your opinion has no weight in this thread.

>tfw 31yo
>started playing like at 14 or 15
>met a girl who was one year less than me
>she was nice
>my friend starts dating her
>she introduces me to a friend of her
>she eventually becomes my first gf
>keep playing the game
>still don't know much about the game, I fucking suck
>meet a lot of people
>make a blacksmith, love it
>make my own guild to chill with my irl friends who also play this game
>get stronk and destroy retards weaker than me
>people start to join my guild
>almost a third of the server is on my guild
>we're one of the most powerful guilds
>4 or 5 years passed since I started playing at this point
this was really a journey
the people, the places, the music
it was magical
and it will never return
there's a cat in the pic

Attached: 1505752928843.jpg (553x767, 184K)

>Star Emperor when?
Like 1 year agoo you dumb caveman

I feel the same and it was cool to play on iro even when the renewal come but slowly it turned in to shit and now nobody plays on iro, Ragnarok has no good servers anymore, that's why it's hyper dead now.

Attached: 12312312.jpg (850x1063, 223K)

If they brought back official subscription based classic servers and without the gacha crap, I might seriously give it another try.
Otherwise I've been burned too many times on both official f2p servers and privater servers to bother again.

In some privates with custom animu wings and naputo bandanas yeah right.
I pass.

nothing. tree of shit is just another generic gook mmo with pay to win gacha added every week. imc has sunken so low theyve added p2w gacha into an event dungeon.

I just don't like how every mob in ToS hits like a wet noodle and dies if you look at it funny. The classes are very varied and great, but the game doesn't demand much more than luring some mobs and using a skill once, so all the variety goes to waste.

>none of them will ever come close to ragnarok online.
Nostalgia's a bitch that way.

youtube.com/watch?v=2DuvYC3zENI

Attached: screenChaos005.jpg (1024x768, 207K)

not him but ToS is fucking awful, I played it on the beta, played it a few weeks ago, it was awful back in the day, and is still awful
I played on the official RO server and also on a private 3x rates server
RO wins in every fucking way

Attached: br.jpg (175x70, 8K)

No you idiot in the official KRO and JRO server you dumb ass.

This i honestly don't know how tosfags can even defend their boring mess

Later on they hit like wet noodles and have too much hp and defense :)

*kills your game*

Attached: renewal.png (793x2475, 2.19M)

Don't listen to this guy even in late game tos mobs are just fucking boring

>wings and naruto headbands
Fuck that brings me back. Number one indicator of a shit server.

That’s what I was saying you retard.

*good server

Attached: narutoRO.png (1192x686, 1.38M)

What about if you eat a shoe and stop using muh epic irony you dumb asshole.
the hell

Renewal is basically ToS where everything is a DPS race so all of the cool class skills and mechanics go unused

It's sad

Since when jRO have Star Emperor?

You don't even know what are you talking about you dumb dumb /rog/

I haven't played in over a decade but presumably non-renewal skill calculation tables saw damage creep too. It's hard to avoid when a game has been running for almost twenty years.

>RO
>you're dropped into an open world left to figure shit out for yourself
>the game teaches you the hard way
>doesn't display enemy health or level values so you have to experiment and be ready to deal with surprises
>allows you to level up the way that suits you and/or your class
>bare minimal questing and the quests that you do have usually unlock something

>ToS
>linear world that starts handholding you from the second you step into the world
>each zone is designed around the quests that reside in it
>the zones are linear and narrow with very few monsters in them except for a couple exceptions
>the quests direct you through the world so that you won't accidentally step into a zone you're not supposed to be in
>xp outside of a very strict level range is shit so you're limited to very few places to level in to the point where launch/beta actually had problems where you had a fucking hard time leveling up if you used your xp cards unoptimally
>already mentioned that most zones have fuckall monsters so its not like you can efficiently grind anyway
>so many fucking quests and they're all pointless

tree of savior

That screen is way too zoomed out to be 2003.

How is it not true? Every class has an AoE skill that deals millions of damage so the entire game revolves around that. Everything is powercreeped to hell and back.

Renewal was great until you got to actual renewal content. Fuck 3rd jobs. Also fuck the DEF changes.

All they need to do is remove 90% of the quests in ToS

>Every class has an AoE
See you don't even know what are you talking about, what killed Ragnarok was the literally jew servers and the bad managment of gravity for the western audience, see JRO for example the server is one of the most played games of japan.

ToS really need to have a grind option, it's annoying to do the revelation quest all over again.

Attached: 233.jpg (3000x2858, 658K)

Not sure what your point is you’re complaining the dps classes do dps, it’s not like you don’t need support characters still.

In fairness the re:start server was actually a pretty good idea since many of the renewal mechanics work very well at pre-lv100 stuff before everyone gets third job screen nukes that do 999999999% damage to everything.

But as usual gravity couldn't give the slightest shit about bot prevention in the gaijin version and loaded it out the ass with pay2win shit.

Official servers will forever be shit until they bring back sub servers to at least PRESENT a bar of entry to cut off the majority of bots.

Grinding was the best way to level for like a year and a half, they changed it back to quests because nobody came back anyway and everyone has to level asap to get to where the only players are.

>it’s not like you don’t need support characters still

uhh

>it’s not like you don’t need support characters still.

You don't, faggot.

You literally cannot do the end game bosses without a dedicated healer and most teams will request thauma linkers to boost party attack.

More than half of TOS maps look exactly the same, are quality > quantity, filled with countless boring quests and overall were unmemorable, while I know every tile of ROs map.

I played RO on an official server, that went to shit because of P2W and power creep, but before that I enjoyed the game immensely. I still enjoyed TOS as well for a bit.

>literally 4000+ bots at its peak
>clusterfuck of keknewal mechanics that ensured the entire pre-trans game was just Knights bowling bashing in every area of the game (even on the asian revo-classic servers where trans has been out for a long time the game is still just bowling bash online)
>random ass late episode gear like Violet Fear and insane buff consumables being available for """early""" trans
>unlimited supplies of blue pots from cash shop to ensure everyone can just saiyan spam their skills
>lag
>admins permanently banning all woe discussion from forums
>literal duping exploit scandal happening for its entire existence, STILL unfixed with the only "solution" being GMs harassing and banning random players for daring to buy duped items off the market (when the great exodus happened people were literally dropping duped MVP cards all over town)
>weimar/venezuela levels of inflation happening due to the aforementioned duping, even 4000 bots farming toy factory 24/7 couldn't have generated this much zeny, people were effortlessly blowing billions for nothing
>admins literally had acid bomb with renewal damage formula (read: nearly oneshots everything) AND pre-renewal cast time+delay (read: zero delay) and "needed a new exe" just to fix it
>the general hilarious levels of GM incompetence

re:tard was something else.

Attached: retard pop.png (1923x533, 52K)

>quality > quantity
Meant the opposite, and the maps are still very pretty. They just all feel the same.

Is it? Well those are some old shots of mine from my misc pics folder that I've copied through all my PC builds since then.

Attached: screenChaos012.jpg (1024x768, 251K)

What a shame.
Even taking out the bots it was the most people they had on all of their servers combined in a decade.

What the hell do the 64 people still playing it even do?

latest magisk even gets FGO working so give it a shot, else use canary magisk

>Everyone moved on with their lives
>All the friends you made are forever gone
>All the MP games you enjoyed are dead
>You are still here waiting for something
I want to go back.
youtube.com/watch?v=uskBZZXEN94

Attached: 1529195598350.png (1876x954, 1.47M)

RO Mobile is fucking disgusting to anyone who actually liked MMOs when they weren't shit. They adapted everything that's wrong with modern MMOs into it.

are you me

Attached: 1553466924801.jpg (250x174, 4K)

Attached: 1029.gif (92x108, 32K)

What the fuck is this? And why do I want to play it?

That won't fix that the game was designed for questing. I haven't really played it since launch but afaik they tried to ease up on the questing by making dungeons better for xp grind. Anything they do is just a bandaid on a stab wound.

Fuck Pronteraniggers
Payonniggas for life.

Knights only ruled because of the retarded P2W potion boxes that made it incredibly cheap to just lure half the map and spam away until lvl 99

Morroc for life and unlife.

Male Crusader had the best sprite. If only it was good for anything other than Devo/Sac.

>he never ran into a wizard line with his gc sader

I was thinking of inviting an old neet friend to work on a game, I looked at his social media, he got a job, started hanging out with people from his job, he is probably in a better situation.
I guess is a natural process, everyone moves on at some point, but each person has a different speed, I'm sure things will get better, someday.

Attached: 1545662286208.jpg (960x540, 80K)

>everyone moves on at some point, the rest end up on Yea Forums
FTFY

youtube.com/watch?v=qRVKFq9qUiQ

It hurts so much.

While everyone else moved on and built a life I'm stuck here reliving the past forever, because it's the only way I can still feel something.

Attached: sd.gif (416x312, 726K)

nice bait

>everyone moves on at some point, the rest end up on Yea Forums
thank god I had Yea Forums because when I was on my happy times I cracked my skull and got partial epilepsy, making me unable to rest at night through years and years, feling absolutely demolished, browsing Yea Forums while everyone kept living and being happy
now that I'm finally diagnosed with it, I'll be able to be happy just like my old bros right...

Attached: 1559407958902.jpg (599x357, 24K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bhAP3MfMaTg

Attached: 1533990339976.png (500x496, 115K)

>I'll be able to be happy
only if you enjoy things

yes I do

Good luck user.

Attached: 1548262307367.gif (400x300, 600K)

thanks user

Attached: 1557687769091.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

None. Attempts were made but were lead astray.

The video game per se had awesome Sprite animated characters like no other for the time. Awesome music and an easy gameplay but hard to master ( more on That later)

Thats just the video game. Now things get a little complicated.

The community in Ragnarok was everything. Because of something called Woe ( war of the empirium).
This was like an all out war in some castle that you either had to defend or attack. To do this you needed a Guild. So you needed to have especific roles in order to win the war.

This is when it gets super complicated.
The builds in this game were insane. If you missed to allocate a certain stat in a specific way into your build you pretty much just had to remade your character. You had to considere stats from equipment And stat for equipment not yet avaible ( updates).
Now you are entering nightmare mode complicated.
The equipment in this game was like 70% responsible of who you were in the social ladder. To even try to fight in Woe you needed a "thara card", if you wanted to do damage to certain character you needed certain item, etc.
The problem is that almost all equipment were drops, and drops had an insane drop rate of 0.01%
If you were alone, is an insane job to get all your equipment on your own. This is were Guilds really shined, as some people had better luck than other, helping each other was a blast, and more if they were your comrades in War.

And finally it has some little details that only old video games had. You can call em glitches or whatever but certain classes had like specific tricks you could only master if you put effort in it.
I remember when I was a monk; there was a legend of the occult dance. This dance made you make your attack almost consecutive, ignoring delay time, by just simply clicking one square adjacent to your character in the last second of the attack. Rumors like this make it feel alive and fun.
Im skipping all the lore, campaign, events,
MvP hunting, pvp. The fun was in the guild.

>GCing wizards
>not just Smiting things so hard they poslag into another dimension

>pushback
>in woe

This hit me in the feels hard. It's weird watching even the "losers" move on with their life while I'm seemingly stuck. Like even the dudes who were on the brink of becoming washed out drug addicts or ODing in their early 20s are somehow finishing degrees and finding decent jobs now that we're nearing 30. I used to think I was above others, better than them. I used to think I was of above average intelligence. It feels like I've been on mount stupid of life and I'm coming crashing down.

VR is here and it's coming to save MMO games. have you bought a headset yet?

Attached: 1556897773894.jpg (2500x2000, 1.74M)

VR sucks, third person MMOs are trash enough already

bird's eye/isometric MMOs are the only good ones

Tree of Savior

Well there's project 1999 but I'm not entirely sure what population is like compared to Live?

Attached: Halfing Rogue Ringmail Armor.png (228x364, 145K)

VR works for overhead/third person perspectives too. Most VR games are first person but I've played some that weren't, it looks fine.

I never really cared that much about the game aspect, for me RO was music, artstyle, monsters and atmosphere. Hunting porings along the stream, or walking back into Prontera market and seeing 95% of the ground tiles occupied by characters sitting down having opened up various stores and trades, and trying to find the best deal.

>you will never be a massive def/vit monk spamming TSS on a Crusader and getting him so buttmad that he goes and buys the overpriced mirror armor that you put on your idle merchant in town then comes back into the arena onnly to get Occult spammed and 3 shot while you still have 90% of your HP.
I miss it bros.

Attached: 1522899255926.png (633x758, 34K)

Maybe tomorrow, things will get better.

Attached: 1555536965919.jpg (565x768, 273K)

Phantasy Star Online II

>Phantasy Star Online Ep.1 & 2
Fixed for you. You forgot a bit of the title.

What RO lacked was real end-game content, which was somewhat alleviated in later patches like Endless and more MVP dungeons.

Maps and mobs were incredibly unique and were designed more based on lore than by leveling guide/grind. Loot was balanced besides zeny grinding and every map had SOME purpose because of cards or quests and traveling. Glast Heim is a pure genius dungeon design that reflects lore while accommodating monsters fit for the place and reflects the advantages of certain classes farming certain maps better than others.

And the music of course is god tier, the graphics are timeless and charming.

Attached: glast heim.jpg (1008x830, 518K)

the detail on the maps are so well done too and they reflect their namesake, meanwhile MMO openworlds are just generic plains/castles with details which pale in comparison to RO's. The world was made from the lore up, not design/grind up.

You are right about most things except lack of endgame content. Any sort of end-game focus is death for MMOs because new people can't access new content.

When you get to Lv99 in Ragnarok it means it's time to level another character, or farm better equipment. You could never "be done".

Attached: 1556866290898.jpg (1800x437, 724K)

ur so rite user!

Oh wait...

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1653x761, 936K)

I played RO for like a decade and never fully remembered the GH map layout.
Am I dumb?

No. The map was just fucking crazy. You could probably muscle memory it, but there's so many pointless turns and hallways that you'd be forgiven for getting lost.

Tree of Savior maps were 10/10 gorgeous but absolutely shit as far as level design goes. Just straight corridors with pre-determined spawns. At best you had elevators or bridges that would glitch half of the time.

No, I played it for a decade too and I only really knew my favorite spots.

Attached: Ragnarok world map.jpg (2416x3732, 1.91M)

>slap hunter flies on bot-infested maps for no reason

yeah real good map design

>slap hunter flies on bot-infested maps for no reason
>bot-infested maps for no reason
>bot-infested maps
>no reason
uuh

so remove all the game lmao

It had tons of soul, but the developers had none.

Attached: fortress.webm (684x306, 1.41M)

Yeah that sure helped the game down the line, didn't it?

Attached: bo.png (960x720, 858K)

Don't pretend it wasn't a ton of fun playing it, even if it was a mess.

Attached: giant oracle.webm (1280x800, 2.87M)

user, do you know what the word reason means?

Do you know what a "non-solution" is?

Niggers please, aggressive quick monsters like Drainliars, Hunter-Flies and Ridewords on maps had absolutely nothing to do with botting. It was there to balance maps that had easy-slow monsters. If those monsters were not present, it would be too safe and easy for long-ranged classes to kite those monsters.

Just think of Majoruros in Glastheim. Or the bats in Payon Cave.

Attached: 1556851550006.jpg (1200x850, 317K)

*fly wing away*

it did nothing

see

it did nothing because of fly wing

Reminder that the manhwa was finished.

It lacking endgame content wasn't really a problem for the longest time in retail. It only became a problem once private servers started becoming more popular because it meant higher rates and nothing to do at the level cap in a game where the journey was literally the point.

And you might be right if it was a map with comparable level enemies.
Not a mid level enemy with insane flee and movement speed on a newbie map with fucking poison spores.

Also, fly wing.

Of course it does nothing because you have flyings, what it does is force you to carry flywings AND constantly be on alert to use them. Those things could appear anywhere(including right on top of you) and could kill with 1-2 hits. Even if you do have flywings they'd eventually take a couple hits on you.

It's completely different from having a map where every monster is slow as fuck. It keeps you tense.

Did you even fucking play this game?

Attached: 1561168571890.jpg (706x963, 763K)

I never noticed it before but the way they did the outline on the character models is so fucking retarded.

You would be right if people were ever interested in going down there to kill Hunter Flies. It wasn't, it was a much higher level monster placed in there explicitly just to guard the spores, or else it was too easy.

>all monsters in the same map need to be the same level
Picture related it you. This sort of organic map design is what makes RO so fucking good.

Attached: 1561589832140.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

Hey, remember that Rogue that killed you with Backstab while you were leveling? It was me, I also Strip Armor your Aco girlfriend before killing her.

It's the cheapest way performance wise and you won't notice it unless you zoom into the model

>duplicating all the vertices on a model and inverting their normals is the cheapest way
Never reply to me again.

Pray tell, What the fucketh dost thou presently fucking writ about me, thine little wench? I'll grant thee the knowledge I surpassed mine studies in the Waking Sands, and mine hand has proven useful on numerous engagements with Garlemald, as I boast past 300 slays counted. I hath trained in infiltratous gambits and mine condition of top Astrologian is surpassed none by in all. Thou art but another victim to mine. Mine power will be swift and precise upon thee slaying, archive my promise. Thou think with convictions your preachings would be unheard over our linkpearls? Pray reconsider, thou insignificant spec. As I commune mine conglomerate across Eorzea are presently tracing thine aether so I compel prepare thineself for the calamity to come, worm. Calamity great enough to erase thine insignificant conscious. Thou are beyond saving, child. Present I am, eternally, and mine methods to erase thee counts hundreds, if only I restrict mineself to close quarters. As I am not only a graduate in unarmed combat, I hath access upon the Scions of the Seventh Dawn's vast array and use it I shall fully extent to see thee to thine end, you formation of fesces. Pray tell you mayhap hath envisioned the conclusions to thine preachings, mayhap thou doth choose silence. But thou failed to, thou spoke, and thou fate has been determined, thou godscondemned stultus. Mine sphincter will rain fire upon thee and thou shall drown therein. Thou fate is fucked, kiddo.

Attached: urianger.png (320x320, 144K)

In terms of gameplay and how close it is to the original no, it's pretty good.
It's riddled with gacha though, all the broken MVP cards can be bought with real money through gacha or auctions or shit. Character progression is also tied to guild progression so you're forced to join one, and again you can just buy your way through progression.

>Hey, remember that Rogue that killed you with Backstab
Nope i can't remember that full dex and str assas don't know about your shit.

Friendly reminder that Urianger has always been best boy since day 1.

remember that time in the RO anime where the hunter raped the assassin?

>or it would be too easy!!
It's a fucking newbie map.
With poison spores.
They don't even hit level 20.
It's not supposed to be hard you tremendously elitist faggot.

If they wanted people to go farm hunter flies so damn much maybe they should have given it a non shit drop worth killing it for other than it's mediocre card and not need a character twenty levels over it to have enough hit to hit the fucker, instead of just killing a map.

>hunter raped the assassin
oh now i remember also i remember the teacher studen rape.

>Cloak
>Linked Sonic Blow
but in the RO game it was the other way around

Attached: ro vs tos.png (1621x731, 94K)

What about the Grand Cross with 10 cells of range in a single direction?

The point of those monsters is that they're worthless, too much trouble for what they drop or the exp. They are explicitly made to guard monsters that would otherwise be too vulnerable.

Of course it's supposed to be hard. MMOs were all about being hardcore difficult in the 00s. Stop eating up modern shit and open your eyes, it's those things that made it unique and interesting.

None of this shit has been true for the past ~2 years maybe more. Except ToS mobs being kind of boring.

Pretty much all of it is still true though. They never went and redesigned ToS from the ground up to not be a shitty theme park.

>it's those things that made it unique and interesting.
Ah yes, the unique and interesting aspect of a map beloved by beginners going completely dead.

Nobody liked that change.
Not back then and not now.
You are the only person I have ever seen defend this change.
I don't know what compels you to be a contrarian on this matter but I have only ever seen people bemoan this change.
It was a bad change which utterly killed all activity on the map and you're the only one that disagrees.

Because there were maps where you could have the same exp/hour yield without the same stress. They should've added them to all farming maps of the same range.

And I'll admit that the spawn density was rather high, too.

>Be GC Sader
>Obtain GTB card
>Makes GC not work and doubles the SP consumed

>not true
HAHAHA go back to your shitty general

>Because there were maps where you could have the same exp/hour yield without the same stress. They should've added them to all farming maps of the same range.

Attached: hank.jpg (500x383, 46K)

The classes scale better now at least

Nothing in Tree of Savior had ever improved on a patch. Every single one was a stride towards the abyss.

>that one time they killed organic guild wars because of carebears
>when they allowed guild battles to stay bugged for so long that the top guild managed to accumulate tens of thousands of USD in premium currency
>that time that party questing was broken for months
>that one patch that made all monsters trivial, doing 1 damage while wearing white-recipe armor

Attached: Maintenance.png (620x372, 296K)

Why weren't Rogue/Stalker girls more popular?

Attached: Stalker crossbow.jpg (1000x1500, 415K)

I miss my RO friends

Attached: 1552945890992.jpg (447x589, 48K)

/rog/

Because men only played as Stalker and only men it was the tranny class.

>that one time when the servers were absolutely fucking broken every weekend because the devs didn't leave anyone to make sure they didn't bug the fuckout or to reboot them when they did

Priest was the tranny class

Sader was a hot fucking mess. At least the Paladin skills were pretty good.

Nah, Priest used to be real females not like now.

Which female sprite was better, Sage or Soul Linker? I think they're both my favorite.

Nothing beats FemKnights but between those two, Linkers were cuter. Sages are just slutty.

Attached: 1556861626370.png (808x244, 224K)

>cute AB is passing and bless me because I'm cursed and walking super slow
>gives a thanks and she teleports
>to horny to continue my leveling and start searching Priests lewds to masturbate

Attached: 1532654392850.jpg (359x391, 71K)

Lolipan do you just sit on Yea Forums opening every single fucking RO general to complain about ToS? Guild wars proper are in the game and have been for a while, the old ones were fun but pointless and only worked at all because the game was new and metafags hadn't cropped up yet.

>Nothing ever improved on a patch because years ago shit was bugged

I don't know anything about RO, but all I've ever wanted is an MMO like OG Maplestory where there's good spritework, a metric fuckton of cosmetics, and grinding is fun.

Attached: sad_pillow_cat.jpg (512x384, 19K)

There were plenty of legitimate females playing Priests because all you literally had to do was buff and heal and get free stuff as a result. Stalkers were too big brained for them

Female Knights, my only weakness.

Attached: lord knight mutsu.png (1000x1058, 484K)

Female sprites is super good.
Ninja Taekwon Alchemist are my favorites.

It's not just nostalgia, new mmo's have everything put on a rails with zero communication required to achieve anything until very late game.

>There were plenty of legitimate females playing Priests
>tfw the first pics from I got from a girl online were thigh/tummy pics from a QT ME priestess
A good memory desu.

Attached: 1553269824321.jpg (866x621, 157K)

It's not my fault ToS gets brought up on every single Ragnarok thread. I am compelled to share my experience.

So what if it works now? The game is dead, only the whale guilds are left and trade wins. It will never pick up again and it's already been through two "renewals". Too little too late. They couldn't even figure out to merge the servers before the small ones were dead.

My head hurts just from thinking of all the gross mismanagement this game had. It was the chosen one but stillborn. God I hate the Korean so damn much.

Attached: 1557356097939.jpg (848x1200, 640K)

Yeah because there's no point to putting that stuff in an MMO anymore. If I made a new MMO and I put a level 20 sword that did +20 fire damage or something that took a lot of time to grind people wouldn't go "that's cool" and grind the sword, they would calculate the time vs. investment cost of the sword and either ignore it or it would be mandatory. It's like this for all leveling content in all games.

And don't fucking tell me you cared about "the journey" when a "low" rate RO server is typically 5 to 20 times normal xp rates, seeing RO players try to claim they weren't some of the worst "Muh end game" junkies around is the funniest shit.

>comfy RO thread
>suddenly tosniggers coming in
eww

go back to your shitty general tes retards, the game is fucking horrible, maybe one of the worst MMO experiences ever, nothing to compare with RO

Female Knights > Female Crusaders

Attached: lord knight.jpg (1000x1399, 285K)

I'm okay with this.

Your experience was doing the bare minimum number of dailies in a game that was incredibly farming friendly (member RO), being horribly undergeared as a result, and then I see you in RO threads talking about how fucking awesome RO was when you don't even play that game either. I don't play ToS anymore either because the community is shit, but good god it's so obvious almost nobody who praises RO actually played the real game, you guys just played some super fast treadmill setting version and then get confused why modern MMOs are like the private servers with fast solo leveling.

If you guys wanted more games like RO why did almost none of you play the real thing where the journey and gearing up was super important and you met people leveling and all that nostalgia bullshit? Of course modern MMOs are like this these are the games people actually PLAY

Attached: 1529200888005.png (599x527, 107K)

>cute non priest lvling up
>AB him,
>slow the monster
>give him a /kis
>teleport away
I miss playing a priest

Attached: 1503291107150.jpg (1238x885, 122K)

Most things are better than Crusader. Someone needs to explain what the fuck these niggers were thinking with Holy Cross. Was this skill meant as a joke?

not even on top 10 worst 2nd class skills

Is RO fun to play today if I never touched it? It sounds and looks interesting but I suspect it could be an FFXI deal where it's just too late.

Far too late

But holy cross was really good it was also spammable and the blind was really nice

Would a spiritual successor to RO be successful if it wasn't anime as fuck or is that important to the formula?

no

>Would a spiritual successor to RO be successful if it wasn't anime
I fucking hate these newfags

By the time I quit it took about 4 to 5 hours just to accomplish those "bare minimum dailies". That's not what an MMO is, rushing instance maps straight to the boss, kill it without any effort just to fill an artificial quota of "daily entries" to a dungeon. I am surprised I lasted that long.

It was barely a clicker game at that point, nothing required any effort.

>Of course modern MMOs are like this these are the games people actually PLAY
You don't actually believe this. Modern MMOs are all entirely based around boosting people to max level so they can do "end-game" content, which ends up as the only content that matters. Day/time gated instances and features exist in order to artificially inflate player numbers, make it so that you need to log in every day. It also limits how fast you can progress.

In Ragnarok, your character progression was 100% dependent on how much time you put into the game, and how efficient you were at it. Modern MMOs move everyone up at the same speed(as long as you do your daily chores) and punish you for putting too much time into it.

FF14 is the anti Ragnarok, more so than WoW even.
Dont bother.

I ignored daily chores in ToS and made more money than most people, the true cancer on progression was afk necros and RMTers inflating the prices of everything.

That Criatura Academy is the most boring thing added on RO.
Just give me my 400 novice pots and fly wings already.

>almost nobody who praises RO actually played the real game
>why did almost none of you play the real thing
Fuck off with this baseless bullshit already you absolute retard.

tos niggers need to fuck off

How do you figure? What success did you have with it? I feel Bash is better in almost every way. All Holy Cross had going for it was its natural Holy element - which could also become a problem later on due to it being forced and not something you could Endow over - and slightly higher ATK boost over Bash. But its SP cost was noticeably higher meaning unless you were rolling in enough dough to spam Blues endlessly, Bash was going to give you more damage in the long run, just with less burst. HC also didn't have the ACC bonus Bash had, and I'd rather have a Stun chance rather than a slightly boosted Blind chance.

Which skills do you think were worse? I can certainly think of worse skills myself but almost every class except BS had another option to make up for any lackluster attack skill, and they at least had buffs out the ass. HC's only Crusader added competition came in the form of Smite (which was also terrible), Boomerang (which required a dedicated build and Soul Linking to be mediocre at absolute best unless you were just trying to hitstun and MVP to death), and GC, which was an entirely separate build that had its own set of positives and negatives.

AFK progression is another blight of modern MMOs. Ragnarok had that too but at least it wasn't too bad.

My friend that played Black Desert said that progression at the level cap was entirely built upon AFK-systems. Now that's fucking cancer.

I just wanted to a nice and cute game with character progression that provided me with frequent PvP opportunities. ToS was all of that at one point and then had nothing of that not long after.

Attached: rod polishing.jpg (158x264, 33K)

it could probably end up looking too bland obviously

Geez dude you never played pvp right? holy cross was mostly to 1 hit assassins with evil druid also it was really good for pve as well for undead enemies it was a situational skill but i guess you played on a private server.

>. I used to think I was of above average intelligence. It feels like I've been on mount stupid of life and I'm coming crashing down.
I hate you because you're literally me

Guy has a point. I started playing RO as a kid since I wanted something similar to D2.

>skill is good at 1 extremely niche thing in 1 aspect of the game so it's good now

Attached: notto thisu shitu agen.png (900x796, 496K)

>now
it was good back then the holy property was a really good aspect of the skill not my problem if you didn't know shit about crusader back then.

Yeah it was really good, and such a boon too considering Holy was such an impossible element to obtain on any attacking class right?

Attached: more like ASPbergers lmao.png (24x24, 1K)

FFXIV shadowbringers buyer here, already getting buyers remorse. Who the FUCK thought this would be the "WoW' killer? This is fucking bad this is a single player online FF12 gameplay game with PvE that is impossible to lose. The only difficult thing in this raid is 2 raids at best on launch. We have literally 2 raids worth of content and for how long? The dungeons are likely going to be a joke. This has been the easiest "leveling" experience I have ever had and the story is OK at best. I don't even know how I made it to 78 so far. This is dry aside from the stage music being really great.

Are you retarded or what? You are not going to carry a pocket priest all the time you imbecile specially when you do anubis or raydric farm, and again it seems like you played on a private server.

Attached: 1558746424345.jpg (574x574, 53K)

>not dual clienting a priest at all times

Holy Cross was a middling damage skill with a natural element that could also Blind which lowered Flee and Hit, its mostly better for Spear builds since it hits twice it can tile lag in PvP, and unless you're up a Priest's ass, or packing converters the innate element allowed it to ignore super common Neutral defense garments like Raydric.

>dual clienting on an official pay to play server
Yeah you are retarded.

Attached: 2345.jpg (372x363, 57K)

Why the fuck would you do Raydric or Anubis without a priest? And what dumb fuck cunt was doing Anubis with Holy Cross? Considering you were doing 2~2.5k uncarded AT BEST with your HCs to Raydrics I don't even want to know why the fuck you were going after Anubis as a HC build considering they were only slightly weaker to Holy in the first place. I've played the game on and off since OB2 and I don't understand your absolute mental block over the idea that I only played on private servers simply because I'm calling out a shit skill for being shit. The skill had benefits, but its damage was absolutely pitiful for its cost and it was completely outclassed in 9/10 scenarios by a basic bitch swordsman skill.

Attached: Arrest Him.jpg (340x460, 53K)

>being poor

You already showed how dumb dumb you were/are the skill was good but you were retarded and you didn't know how to use it well, a skill with multiple uses, for pvp against evil druid armors, good for raydric and anubis but also for geffenia (ice pick+holy cross = rich) and niffelheilm as well
>Considering you were doing 2~2.5k
>2~2.5k
Yeah you never use it or tried at least, but here you are showing how retarded you are, mostly are 12k per cast and also it was spammeable with spear quicken, and again you don't know shit.
>just spam bash
what a braindead retard.

Btw retard here have a good example just for you youtube.com/watch?v=ibxqkAS5qzw&t=3s
Next time try use more your mind instead of barking like the dog you are, also holy cross was good for mvp as well.

Attached: 3313.jpg (447x396, 30K)

I can't comprehend ever using Spear Sader over GC

I'm ok with this, I started playing mmos just so I could keep leveling in rpgs and min/max everything and be able to share my autism with a community instead of just being a sad faggot on my couch pressing buttons to reach max level. FFXIV is a story driven mmo, and it's surprising you got to that point without realizing it or expecting it to be anything else.

It would beneffit from having some ultra hardcore content where all your autism is required, but we know that only makes less people enjoy the game because ultra elitist content that only 2% of the community gets to experience doesn't keep subs rolling at all.

For me it's Blossom

Venom Splasher
Venom Dust
Poison React
Enchant Poison
Bio Cannibalize
Claymore Trap (the original version)
Spear Stab
Dodge
Slow Poison
Sightrasher
Frost Nova

All theses 2nd class skills have far less applications than holy cross, and I'm being generous to put only skills that are WAY worse, because there are many more that are just slightly worse.

I'm a relic of a time long past but I cannot get over it. I think about it every fucking day. I desperately want to go back to the early 2000s, it was the fucking happiest time in my life. I think about my guildmates, how I made genuine friendships with them, how I felt like they were better friends with me than my IRL ones. How I'd get home and stay up until 12 talking with them and playing RO. I had it made and I didn't even appreciate it while it lasted. Now I'm almost in my 30s, I've gone nowhere in my life, done nothing with my life, and all I think about is when I was 14 in 03 playing fucking stupid ass MMOs.
I'd even take going back to the mid 2000s, as Yea Forums was still fun back then too. Please fucking God just let me go back.

I want to go back.

Attached: 1160267962552.jpg (603x380, 20K)

>gathers a shitload of monsters
>unleashes the horde on to you

Attached: 1559310682946.jpg (443x455, 40K)

I didn't even know about RO until something like 2008, and I didn't have an income to pay for subscription based games until many years later which of course by then the IRO subscription based servers were long gone and korea gravity's greed and apathy towards IRO was in full force.

I want to play that version, but it isn't around anymore.

>bulking up on a dozen cash shop consumables first
This will never not make me cringe.

MMO's aren't profitable anymore. You either play the time-gates that come in two variants (WoW/FFXIV) or you pick your favourite Korean grind MMO (ex: Black Desert). If you've had it with life and want to spend your days in a virtual retirement home there's ESO.