This next smash will be a reboot and here’s why 07/07/19

Think about this
>Smash 64: 1999
>Smash Melee: 2001 nothing special in the west but it’s Japanese name was super smash bros deluxe.
>Smash Brawl: 2008 Released around the series 10th anniversary, Japanese name was super smash bros x, x is 10 in Roman numerals.
>Smash 3ds and wii u: 2014 released around series 15th anniversary we got two versions of the game, each representing handheld and consoles respectively.
>Smash ultimate: 2018 released around the series 20th anniversary, all characters were brought back making it the ultimate smash. In japan it is called smash bros special, special edition featuring every character.

If you caught the pattern, since brawl every smash game has been released around an anniversary in the 5’s so if we go by this.

>Next smash: should be released in 2024, series 25th anniversary quarter of a century anniversary, after a game where all characters were brought back, the best thing to do on anniversary like this is to reboot the franchise.

tl;dr the next smash game should be a reboot for the 25th anniversary releasing in around 4 and a half years.

>But ultimate’s DLC isn’t even done yet
WHATEVER The next game is a reboot it’s fact and you know it is.

Attached: 39ADD79E-E5DF-42AF-8746-6542E28C9D01.png (349x144, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

4channel.org/rules#v
sys.4channel.org/v/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=469546195
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well then, what can expect

Roster
>At least 6 Mario reps
>At least 3 DK characters
>At least 4 Zelda reps, the 4th one isn’t a second link or sheik
>2 Metroid reps
>Yoshi will now be repped under mario
>At least 3 (possibly only 2) Kirby reps
>Just Fox
>At least 4 Pokemon reps
>Ness might stay but Lucas will probably be cut
>Captain Falcon will probably stay because smash made him into the character he is
>No retro reps
>At least 3 FE reps
>Pit and paluten will stay, dark pit along with all echos are cut
>A much better wario, a more Wario Land style moveset
>Pikmin 4 should have been released by then, it’s protagonist or one of them replaces Olimar
> Both Animal Crossing reps return with a new moveset for villager based on new horizons.
>Wii fit and little mac are probably cut
>5 yes 5 mii types, new ones been Mage and Sword-gunner
>Shulk will probably stay as he’s the main protagonist of the original xenoblade, a new rep for this franchise could happen though
>inkling and octoling
And my personal favourite thing
>Only 2 3rd party characters
This comes to abut 40 veterans

We should be prepared for 2-5 first party newcomers, I personally don’t care who they are, who ever joins, joins.

Stages
Probably about 30 stages

Modes
All modes from ultimate except for spirits returns
Spirits is instead replaced with an all new fully fleshed our adventure mode that lasts an average players about 40-45 hours.
Trophies return and stickers return to replace spirits.

Discuss away!!!!

Why would someone buy an installment which deliberately cuts most of the content?

>rulefags

The next Smash will come out when it comes out with the features they want to put in it.

>the 25 anniversary of Smash
>BETTER CUT EVERYONE LOL

The same people buying Sword & Shield.

Usually people will accept if it's quality over quantity, and in fighting games, balance is a big thing about quality.

A lot of people trusted that for SFV, so a lot of people would probably trust that for a new Smash.

Smash is more about the fun crossovers than the competetive scene. Ultimate is such a magical game because of all the characters, That is the main selling point. A future smash with a smaller roster would be objectively worse at being a smash brothers game.

Why not just port the game again? They don't need to follow the patterns you've noticed. The sensible thing would be to port this onto future platforms, re-license characters if need be, and continue adding more characters

People will stick to ultimate if it includes specific features, a reboot would be a good chance for people to pick up a new smash instead of sticking to the same game.

> game with few cuts that probably reuses things like ultimate did from wii I, people will probably stick with ultimate, sell shit
>reboot built from the ground up, would interest people to pick it up, wouldn’t sell like ultimate but it would sell better than a game with basic cuts and carried over shit from previous builds.

>tfw I really hope this is the case since even if my boy Isaac would get in the next game it wouldn't be the same if all the other characters weren't there

That said the reasonable approach would be to just keep working with Ultimate as a baseline and keep adding to it desu. A Smash game with a smaller cast is a hard sell, and after five games in the same style I really don't see Sakurai mixing it up for the sixth installment.

Attached: 1558914414501.jpg (474x512, 67K)

>and here's why

Attached: 1452041716666.png (331x355, 76K)

You think ultimate will be ported, go have sex, that can’t and won’t happen

>people won’t play through the drag that was WOL, which means people won’t be bothered to complete it, so you really think everyone who owns ultimate will play a port to get every single spirit again? No, exactly.
>Licensing isn’t as easy as you think, besides if we go by the fighters pass all been third party, there will be about 15 third party characters, you really think Nintendo want all of them back next game? No, exactly
>Lastly and most importantly, they are not going to waste lots of their fucking time porting a over 80 character roster.

What the fuck do you even mean by "reboot"? Isn't every smash game a reboot?

Can’t wait til your proven wrong, your kind of people disgust me, thinking that an earthquake meant your golden boy was confirmed, Isaac doesn’t even deserve to be an AT.

Google fighting game reboot, then come back to this thread, hopefully you’ll agree with me, if you don’t plan to agree with me just gtfo of this thread and don’t come back, this thread is for people who support a smash reboot to convince others that the next instalment will indeed be a reboot.

?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 1.30.08 PM.png (1632x1438, 854K)

Sakurai didn't know DLC was planned for SSBU until January last year and it was picked by Nintendo this time. I strongly suspect Nintendo have contingency plans for Sakurai to stop working on the series so I won't be surprised if this is his last and the next one is different
>WOL is relevant
people will spend 10% of their time in the game playing that mode. a lot of people never touch it, myself included. besides they can easily design another single player mode as well as WOL, easy compared to making a brand new game with new gameplay
>re-licensing characters
fine maybe not all of them will come back. that doesn't really benefit the argument of a different game being made instead though. it will still be a port if the gameplay is the same for all the characters that make a return
>difficult to port
you don't know what you're talking about... that is all. if they haven't thrown away the source code it isn't going to be much work compared to making a new game. 80 characters or 8 it isn't going to make any difference because all the data for all the characters can be copied and pasted over once the basic engine is working.

>Waste time
Except a new Smash is guaranteed to sell millions, so it is not, in fact, a waste of time

Look up what it means for a fighting game to have a reboot.

Of course a new smash will sell, but if it’s a port, I as well as a few others won’t be buying it. Only bought the Wii u ports on switch cause I didn’t own a wii u, if I’ve already played ultimate and next game is a port of it that adds more content I would give a fuck about it.

Wouldn’t*

>Sure it would sell, but me and my friends wouldn't buy it
Ok.

I wouldn’t buy it if it’s a port, ffs!

No fucking way Ben 10 is getting a fighting game on roblox?

>Pikmin 4 should have been released by then, it’s protagonist or one of them replaces Olimar
You fucked up. Pikmin 4’s protag is already going to be Olimar and the story is going to be about saving Louie again. We already knew this.

Pack it up. The leak is fake.

Attached: 9B00A05B-75A9-4792-AFB0-8BDF16B440CB.jpg (475x339, 90K)

Ok.

THIS THREAD IS A VIOLATION OF RULE 1 4channel.org/rules#v

REPORT THIS THREAD INMEDIATELY, HERE IS A LINK SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO UP.
sys.4channel.org/v/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=469546195

Attached: ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH.png (989x411, 104K)

Have sex user, if we get a pikmin 2 HD, which won’t happem before Pikmin 1 HD

We are speculating on the next smash, how is this off-topic/garbage.

god i just hope Snake is back, he was the first third party character to get in, he desserves to stay forever.

He’s the only third party who was cut, but based on how Konami was with Sakurai in ultimate, a Konami rep could happen.