Bought this on sale. What am I in for? Had my eyes on it for a while because people here seemed to like it

Bought this on sale. What am I in for? Had my eyes on it for a while because people here seemed to like it.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_RainWorld_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/rainworldgame?lang=de
rainworld.gamepedia.com/Pearl#Sky_Islands_3
youtube.com/watch?v=f9hAirOTza0
twitter.com/MoreSlugcats/status/1142503869949337607
youtube.com/watch?v=9VamwpaHiBk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A very good 2D survival simulator with a fantastic world.

One of the best indie games of the decade, with fluid animations, tight controls, and perfect atmosphere.

That's quite the praise. Just hibernated and I'm kinda curious how the mechanics will carry an entire game.

A masterpiece

Attached: 1543829893247.jpg (1200x1800, 208K)

I also got it on this sale, you are for a wild trip, it went straight to one of my all time favorites. I have no clue how I managed to dodge this game and its threads when it came out.

Beautiful art, clever AI design, ideal entity placement, challengingthe only thing I miss is coop, and thinking about it this game not only doesn't need it but it would also harm the pacing and the feel that this game and its designed regions tries to convey.
If you are into manga by any chance this game will make you think of Girls' Last Tour a lot.

Attached: u4cux4sho8oy.jpg (427x231, 21K)

Honestly? The best game i have played this generation. As long as you don`t have low IQ, its an once in a lifetime experience,

The procedural animations look terrible though.

Honestly, a very unique experience. It was hard as fuck for me though and took a while before I got the hang of it. So hard in fact that I wondered throughout if it was even worth playing it. This was before they allowed the map to be updated when you died and didn't rest. That made the game feel like no progress was being made. Looking back, I was glad I finished it and have fond memories of it but during all of that shit I wasn't at all. Ending was for sure worth it.

Mediocre metroidvania with janky physics. There's some kind of a discord that pretends it's a masterpiece, but ignore them. It's okay but janky af.

Why do you all praise this game? I can't get past the first hour out of sheer boredom.

>how the mechanics will carry an entire game
They won't, it will keep being janky and barely working. You're supposed to find that charming I guess

Discord furries

I would say it's more of a survivor platformer. You don't really get the improved combat/upgrade kind of feel/unlocking access to new areas. Maybe the light upgrade? But besides that I dunno. All of it really is semantics but just giving an idea of what people can expect.

$10 dollars (on sale, no less) for a 2D side scroller.

I'll wait until it drops further.

The last side scroller I bought was Abuse and that was in an era when you bought 2D side scrollers unironically.

It's great.

There are mods for local (and online, I think?) coop.

Attached: PUP.gif (432x184, 72K)

>Get to third area
>Only apparent way to progress is to go through a section of water with leeches in it
>Die with no real indication of how the leeches are hurting me and why I sometimes die in 1 second and other times die after 20 seconds
I don't get it.

>Tfw everyone hypes up this game and not my favorite indie of the decade
>i waited for a sale so didn't participate in the release threads.
I've been trying to get threads rolling for like a week, i just want to talk about it so bad.

Attached: DuzfGE4WkAIIvH3.jpg (1500x500, 169K)

It's actually far from 2D side scroller. It's more of a kinda-open world survival game, where you can follow the vague plot and discover world's lore, or just dive deep into the living world itself, learn how it works and earn satisfaction from every cycle that you have survived.

I was thinking about picking this up as well after buying Rain Worl, actually. Pirated it instead and, as much as I love the world and writing, I can't into Fallout-esque combat. Too low iq for this shit.

I can't enjoy a game anymore unless there's some kind of vertical progression. It doesn't sound like this game has that.

Checked this game out on Steam. Seems pretty neat. I'll pick it up as soon as I get the money for it.

It does, actually.

But user a monkey can do that combat, the dialog is for 4d chess masters, especially in this game where it really matter what you say because of consequences like being locked out of entire quest chains or vital supplies. Just pick 3-4 things to specialize in (2 combat stats and 2 non-combat stats like tinkering or survival) and experiment. Tell me what build you want and ill use what knowledge i've gain from my 50 hours so far to help you.

Yeah, it lacks immediate rewards a lot, and I've seen many people drop the game because of that. I think it's understandable, it's not a game that everyone will like. It's more for people that enjoy exploration, and would like to learn the world itself. The interactions between the Slugcat and other creatures, and between all the creatures themselves is half the fun in the game. The other half is its lore.

One of the points of this game is that combat isn't always the good way. The most important thing in Rain World is survival, and you can even befriend some creatures.

I'd suggest pirating it first, honestly. Like I said, it's not a game everyone will enjoy, so it would be sad to see your money waste. But give it a few hours to try if you can, it gets really fun once you learn the basics.

How the FUCK do I beat this game? How do I survive being stuck in a dead end vertical corridor with a lizard when retard slugcat is only capable of aiming horizontally with a spear? Is subterranean really supposed to be this bullshit? Fuck this area.

That's what sold it for me. Though they are wonky on the larger creatures

They don't hurt you directly. If too many leeches attach themselves to you they just drown you with all that additional weight.

It's not a metroidvania, it's is pretty much the opposite with only one exception

Attached: image.gif (150x195, 298K)

this game is too hard for me

Did you get to Subterranean early on? If yes go back, it's end game. If not just persist and avoid centipedes like the plague.

Honestly one of the only flaws I find of this game is the fact that the first area (Outskirts) is linked to a late/end game area (Farm Array, although there are a lot of hard obstacles to deter new players) and the fucking Drainage System. If there was one thing I would do to make the game miles better was remove the Drainage System/Outskirts gate. It's way to difficult for how early you can get to it, and it discouraged way too many players into dropping the game

It's not something you really "like." It's something you appreciate aesthetically at first, mechanically later, get invested in, and then look back and go "Wow, that was really great."

I don't get this wheel thing that I'm working towards. I've reached the top, completed the "side wheel", I guess, had a little scene play out, that's it.

You're going to love it, then hate it, and if you last through hating it long enough to get past thoreline and and beat the game, you will want everyone to play it.

Good job, you're at max karma and have unlocked a passage for fast travel. Now just keep it stable and you can get more passages when you do other feats.

I access the fast travel from hibernation points?
Aside from that, I'm starting to like this game. The world feels incredibly hostile and it's exciting playing as the "prey" for once.

Better refund it while you still can.

The fast travels you get from achievements are single-use (one use for each achievement). There's a limited number of them so don't waste them if you don't have to.

Just pirate the GOG version if you're stingy. There are no online features so it's not like you'll be missing something anyway. The game's not worth buying IMO, but it's worth a pirate to experience at least the first area before you ragequit.

Yes but you can only use it once (each "achievment grants you one use").

The karma levels are also used to pass gates from region to region. For a while you'll stay at max level 5, but after a story event you'll get to 10 if you follow the intended path.

I see, last question. So, if I get this right, I actually have a "path" to follow aka a goal to explore towards?

Attached: steam woes.png (500x300, 24K)

Are there any moments in this game where I need to actually let it rain? Because I'm always scared of the rain so I almost always just hibernate almost every time.

You can go where the little yellow guy wants you to go or you can just fuck him and go explore the world. For the first playthrough it's generally better to learn the "story", but feel free to explore, there's a lot of places to go.

follow your yellow teleporting thing.

Technically yes, there is one place where you have to go to receive what is required to finish the game.
Not even required necessarily because there is a way to circumvent having to go there, but it's a hard way and i'd suggest doing it in a separate run after beating the game. Don't forget that when in doubt look out for the little eyeball guy, he usually directs you towards where you should go.

Rain will kill you if you stay outside except for a few areas where it doesn't occur or occurs in a lighter form and will basically force you to reload save.

Never trust the Scavenger niggers with spears.

Thanks for the hint, lads. Gonna have a good time with this.

Attached: sketch-1547960548865.png (720x733, 409K)

t. got to drainage and ragequit

Attached: sneaky sneaky liz.webm (500x600, 1.71M)

Also because I said that I need to mention that you'll know when you get there, so don't worry that you might miss it.

Don't bully scavs reee. Though I also hate the twitchy fucks that still feel like impaling you even though you just saved them from a lizard

FUCK Slugcats,FUCK cancer and FUCK Moon

Bear witness to my ascension!

Attached: godlike.jpg (848x1200, 90K)

Please try not to spoil the game as it seems there are new slugbros in this thread.

Fuck you too bud, I'll take all your fucking neurons to Sis Moon and you can't fucking stop me

Attached: 1558647069989.gif (296x212, 49K)

I really want to love this game but the rain cycles seem so short and having to constantly secure food and hibernate really cuts into the enjoyment of exploration

Convince me why I should buy this game rather than underrail and I'm game.

>Rain World 2 neverever
>More slugcats mod neverever
Why live?

>Rain World 2
>Even bigger map
>More creatures
>Better AI
>Better Ecosystem
>Story revolves around NSH and his shenanigans

Why must you make me suffer

But there's a mod currently in development that's adding a bunch of areas, right? I've also seen more slugcats. Multiple on the other hand..

the rainworld twitter has some kind of weird countdown shit going
twitter.com/rainworldgame?lang=de

You can mod the game so that cycles are always max length instead of RNG determining length

inb4 japanese localization

He has a mouth and i must scream
Dont eat floaty things around a half dead robot

Mandarin chinese to be precise.

Mods by anyone other than the original creator will be non-canon garbage without soul.

Also bought in on sale, just beat it, spent 26 hours on it over the course of three days. It's very interesting, albeit extremely frustrating. But it got its hooks into me deep, I'm probably going to start another playthrough immediately with mods.

Actual spoiler, avert your eyes OP: was the cycle of life and rebirth literal, where everyone was immortal and literally respawned? Or was it a metaphysical reference to existing in this mortal coil? I thought it was the latter, but a lot of people have the former interpretation.

Lore indicates that it is the former at least to some extent. It takes place in a world where reincarnation existed, and every being that is alive experiences it. The way it's portrayed in the game is a mechanic,things don't actually just respawn periodically, but they are all reincarnated at some point. That's why the Ancients built the megastructures, to have them iterate different solutions to end the cycles, hoping one of them would find something. Eventually the void juice was proven to not be as dangerous, and the echoes were just freak accidents.

What's the form of that reincarnation? Do they keep their memories or something? How do they know they're trapped in that cycle?

I had my suspicions from the pearls that go on for paragraphs about a person's titles, but I thought that was just about the extreme decadence of society at that point in time.

White balls in farm arrays have multiple, hidden uses unlike all other items.

in one of the pearls it's explained that memories from your past lives leak into your current life, and the more lives you've lived the more of that weight you have to carry around

I'm just gonna post the the cliffnotes version of the lore because autism has struck me.

It's a world where things reincarnate. Every living being. As the civilization of the Ancients arose, they realized that they remembered things from past lives, although foggy, and their culture evolved around the desire to escape these endless cycles. It was a tiresome act, them being very ambitious but also having to live efortlessly, because their philosophy was that ridding yourself of wordly desires was the way to achieve the ascension of leaving the physical world (also portrayed in the murals at 5P: which depict Conflict, Sex, Friendship/Communication,Sustenance and Survival. Things went on, and eventually they found the void juice sea, and discorvered the property that it not only dissolved things, but removed them completely from this plain of existance. This was their way to ascension. At first only the rich had the ability to treat themselves to the bath in the juice, but a few freak accidents happened, where Ancients that were too attached to the world in one way or another were only removed halfway, turning into the echoes, ghosts of what they once were, forever stuck between reality and the ascended plain. Everyone got spooked so they built these megastructures (including 5P, Moon and NSH) that would constantly iterate solution to how else they could ascend without the use of the juice, while also providing the Ancients with everything they need to survive, so they could focus on casting the worldly aside. Eventually they calmed down and decided void juice ain't that bad, and eventually all ascended, leaving the iterators to continue so they could help all other creatures ascend as well. They did that for a really long time, with no success. In time tech broke down, Communications stopped working, there was less and less hope. Until one of them sent the triple affirmative

Which pearl is that?

Moon explains the echoes. They're not freak accidents, I think they form half of the thesis of the game.

and then promptly died. Other iterators in the area were scrambling to find out what the fuck was going on and how she did it, they started speculating and theorizing. 5 Pebbles, one of them, decided that he would start performing genetical mutations on himself, as he thought self-destruction was the way for iterators to ascend too, but it was hardcoded in their genetics that they weren't allowed to SD. He used the guise of a lizard breeding program to do it, but it used a shitton of water in the process(iterators use a load of water to cool themselves, disposing of it as massive coulds of vapor that turn into the BIG rain), so much that it fucked Looks to the Moon over so hard she was practically dying. She begged him to stop doing it and eventually used her seniority to make him stop, but the stop of water coming in absolutely JUSTed his genetic mutations, creating the rot (iterator cancer basically) inside 5 pebbles. Looks to the Moon eventually malfunctions and stops working, only to be rebooted by the Hunter's neuron that NSH sent. Now everyone's basically shit outta luck, 5P spends his time trying to do anything he can to clear the rot out and look for a way to ascend himself, while sending any critter that finds his way in his room to the void sea so it can ascend as well, you being one of them.

>MSC is close to completion
>it's still ages until it comes out

why is it so hard

freak accidents was a bit much, they're ancients that were too attached to the worldly, so much so that the void sea couldn't remove them completely and now they're in between.

"Perhaps I reminisce because I cannot go. Perhaps I cannot go because memory traps me here. "

"Did they know? That I didn't quite leave, didn't quite stay?

Should I be ashamed? That I linger here, where my memories are kept? "

I bought it a few days ago too. I still can't tell if the flying blue bugs are lethal or not. Or the blue walking tentacle thingy for that matter. Got scared shitless by that one the first time I saw it because it jumped halfway across the screen at me, but I'm pretty sure we made contact in the air and nothing happened.
And I've only been to Outskirts and Industrial Complex so far. So I guess I'm in for the long haul, especially since I'll have to do 3 playthroughs at least, one for each character.

blue flying bugs aren't harmful

blue spaghetti is, on the other hand, very very lethal, although they're not really in outskirts and industrial? maybe I'm thinking about a different creature.

This looks like a scp article now with all that black

BASED

Attached: 1549831426299.jpg (685x960, 119K)

Wait, what? Where are you meant to go if not the outskirts?

I think it's of critical importance that all of the echoes are pompous dickbags. My interpretation of the game's message is that it's saying that spirituality dies as humanity gets further away from nature. Which is why the proud nobles of a post-scarcity society end up in purgatory while the humble slugcat that merely survives without any pretension of importance or morality achieves Nirvana.

Let's try that again. Where are you meant to go if not the drainage system?

I think that, looking closer, it's a sort of bug/cockroach looking thing with some sort of blue sac on its back. It climbs walls and waves a bunch of tentacles around constantly. It's hard to tell exactly how it looks because it tends to be jittery as fuck at all times.

Literally one of the most memorable games in years. I played it for the first time blind a month or two ago and I still think about it. It's just so unique. I've tried playing other games since then, but they all feel so samey. I really crave new experiences like Rain World now.
Any suggestions?

Honestly some of physics are rage inducing but satisfying once you finally pull it off. A lot of shit seems like making it through an area is just as much luck as it is pulling off annoying jumps or spear throws. I do think it is overpraised a bit. Like the environments dont feel as alive an ecosystem as people claim really but it gives off a vibe of you are trying your hardest to survive in a world pitted against you at least.

oh! those. They're just scared of you. Try experimenting with them, they can't kill you.

I love this game, but I agree. This game's a lot more traditional than I thought it would be, and there's a couple moments where it's overtly game-y, and they are fucking awful. If you have a linear section with forced enemy encounters or you need to use the ecosystem to navigate the environment in some specific way, the game immediately turns into horrible frustration. And not in an immersive, "oh man the world is so harsh" way. In a "why the fuck did this fish get trapped in a corner while being the only way across this obstacle who programmed this shit" way.

The Outskirts is linked to 3 other areas: Farm Arrays: late game, you probably won't even be able to get to the gate early since it's behind 5 karma and a scav toll. Drainage System, which can be a way to progress since it leads in the direction you need to go in, but it's unanimously agreed that it's way too annoying and frustrating, especially for new players. And then there's Industrial Complex, which is on the natural difficulty curve coming from Outskirts.

uhhh for no particular reason, hypothetically speaking, say I was in this situation and there were two other weird dudes on the right off-screen, I've never interacted with them and I've never interacted with the fuckhuge tentacle monsters either but I assume they're not friendly. What's my better chance to not die, left or right?

Attached: uh.png (1366x768, 506K)

You made a mistake

if you go left you're guaranteed death, if you go right maybe you get fucked if the two weird dudes feel like it but if you give them your pearl they'll love you.

Right. Scavs mostly leave you alone, especially if you don't have a spear on you, and you can even befriend them if you give them enough pearls. Beware of the occasional schizo one that still spears you for no reason. Left is no go

It's up there with hotline miami in artistic merit. It's not as fun as it but it's more interesting.

That's a hard ask. Maybe something like Journey or an Ueda game. Just trying to think of games with a point.

Ending up in Drainage System first was enough to make me restart the game.

>tfw that one shelter next to the filtration gate in drainage
anyone who got stuck there knows true hell

Friendly but with shitty aim is a pretty annoying combination.

i just got finished with the industrial complex. how far through the game am I (assuming i'm not gonna 100% it). almost at wanderer rank btw

Attached: e7GQMgb.png (900x636, 104K)

Zoomer garbage

No one has any idea because the game's nonlinear.

>pic
slug cat isn't slimy though, he's bristly like a pipe cleaner

Industrial Complex is just the second area. There are many many more.

There's actually a mod that adds mouseaim. It works shockingly well, but the game obviously wasn't designed with it in mind.

it might not be one of my all-time favorites but it's easily top 3 in terms of "i would give anything to play it through blind again".

>Random Gods starts playing
now i am become buddha, transcender of cycles

Attached: 1550006950517.gif (236x176, 2.69M)

Holy fuck he's still posting. Hey nigger you suck at vidya go be gay somewhere else.

They're honestly both shit and you should buy neither, just pirate them. Underrail is overrated to hell and the only reason I ever heard about it was the same autists who routinely scream about it on here.

Atom RPG does a few things better, but unless your build is meta, the game will quickly become stupidly difficult and you'll end up save scumming a lot.

They're both pretty shit as far as good Isometrics go.

Thanks for the advice, I gave my pearl to one of the dudes and the rest just kinda ignored me, but I think this is it for me bros.

Attached: uhh.png (1366x768, 491K)

What fate a slugcat

Source on the lizard breeding program? That's really cool, but I thought that the Daddy Long Legs was the thing he unleashed to try to rewrite his own genome.

honestly you're most likely fucked but if you find a window where you can get into the right pipe and climb the pole while they're underwater you might just make it

Any tips for Hunter? Do you always have to get past the Scavenger Toll on your way out of Farm Arrays?

If it makes you feel better, there is another path you can take where you never have to encounter those things. I recommend it if you get absorbed

You could try going through Sky islands and Chimney Canopy instead.

Is there some kind of cult that shills this game? Make a fucking /vg/ thread.

you can go to sky islands instead, or deal with a day 1 deerfuck to the other side and go down that route, which also involves more deer

save yourself the trouble and go another route, dealing with the deer isn't worth it

It's not actually required by the way, there's even an achievement for getting the ending while skipping it.

yeah but then you have to run that one gauntlet in sky islands with the yellow lizards and that tunnel is always a grade-a clusterfuck as hunter.

Attached: 1548738460077.png (500x500, 45K)

Honestly, one of the first things I did with hunter is hang out in the sky islands and spend a few dozen cycles fighting the wildlife. You'd be surprised at how quickly you can become efficient at killing everything there.

I can't bring myself to play hunter legit with the time limit because it's just so much fun to live the way of the AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP, WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE, it's such a thrill to pull off the kind of instant death kill or be killed shit.

Attached: 1548266101081.png (1720x2048, 3.29M)

>spend a few dozen cycles fighting
Wut.

DDL are the Rot, the lizard part is derived form this: rainworld.gamepedia.com/Pearl#Sky_Islands_3
Erratic Pulse is 5P's pseudonym

if you just die, you don't lose any time, as opposed to hibernating

>More slugcats mod neverever

but it's content complete and they've been posting updates just recently
youtube.com/watch?v=f9hAirOTza0
twitter.com/MoreSlugcats/status/1142503869949337607

>almost tripled the size of the map
it's basically going to be Rain World 2

Attached: 1560846976939.png (560x420, 169K)

Don't go down.

Attached: oh god oh god ohgod.webm (810x642, 2.9M)

>the little fucker makes it
no matter how many times i see this clip it still makes my butthole clench

I still stand by that the sequence of General Systems Bus -> The Wall -> Six Grains of Gravel, Mountains Abound is the most kino section of all video games.
youtube.com/watch?v=9VamwpaHiBk

Oh that makes sense. It seems like it'd be really easy to end up in an unwinnable situation with Hunter due to karma loss though.

pathologic 2

Mod out the cycle limit, my dude.
Exploring as Hunter is a totally different game.

I don't really trust a bunch of furries to know what makes this game click

And OP, the game of the decade

>I don't really trust a bunch of furries to know what makes this game click

And you do?

It's really interesting that Moon or her overseers seem to lie to you to get you to meet her. Do you think she intended to help you find your family and forgot?

One of the most memorable and genuinely spiritual experiences I've ever had was putting all the ELSE tracks on a playlist, smoking a blunt, and flying through Space Engine, starting with the Earth and slowly moving out farther and farther as the tracks get lonelier and more melancholic. No words.

She mentions her link with her overseers is broken, it's implied the yellow dude that helps you is working on his own. More likely it wanted her helped at any cost and so was willing to deceive you if it was necessary.

Yeah a virtual ecology that doubles as a Buddhist parable and meditation on predation and death? Right up my alley

more content is more content, worth to try it out

also most content is made by discord furries nowadays, you can't exactly complain

Are you opposed to the idea of that virtual ecology being expanded upon exponentially ?

Attached: spider5opt.gif (360x250, 582K)

And that's why most video games today are for postpubescent children and games like this get made once every ten years

Organically and at pace with the setting's atmosphere and spiritual ambience. I want more Echoes, more setpieces like the top of the Wall, more Iterators, not more "levels".

Not him but if this is the result I am extremely opposed.

Maybe you should actually look into it then

Attached: MSC_3opt.gif (360x250, 430K)

Oh there's more

Attached: MSC_2opt.gif (360x250, 451K)

i want to fuck moon

Attached: 1559001895020.jpg (693x457, 57K)

One of the best indie games ever. If game reviewers weren't causal retards this would have set a new standard of quality for indie games.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 76K)

>people who have an opinion i disagree with are part of a secret pisscord
alright retard, couldn't get past the first area could you?

Oh Jesus Christ that is fucking horrifying.

Without a doubt.

what about me?

Attached: 20190621024254_1.jpg (223x196, 12K)

Nobody likes you, slogcet

>die repeatedly
>try co-op
>still dies
>tfw stuck at fucking industrial complex
I want to enjoy everything out of this game but I literally fucking can't because I'm too much of a brainlet

Attached: 1548892636763.jpg (812x599, 172K)

>game reviewers

Attached: 66.png (286x77, 7K)

oh

Attached: 20190621025051_1.jpg (555x306, 25K)

What's giving you trouble, fren

Industrial is rough going, don't aim up if you're aiming up, that'll take you to a very difficult area. Bear right, and down, and that'll take you to where you need to go.

>comfy Rain World thread with new slugbros
>the degenerate slutcat shitters haven't invaded yet
>thread is fairly busy, people asking for advice, memes

feels good man

Attached: Veles.jpg (1323x1680, 299K)

Eh, Shaded isn't that bad. I made it through that path on my first blind playthrough. You have to become a master of navigating purely by map in the darkness though.

the glory days of daily sloogkot threads are behind but perhaps the new overhaul mod will bring them back for a time

Attached: 1547674136267.png (600x600, 317K)

I dont know about this game.
I saw a little bit of gameplay, looked alright. But it looked repetitive and just the same ol 2d bullshit you see these days.

I mean is it as good as people say it is?

He means Chimney Canopy I bet. Not the way you want to go starting out unless you want to be vulture food.

5/10, mediocre

t. Gamespot

Attached: 20181222020937_1.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

ATTENTION: If you're new to this game I implore you avoid/leave these threads. The beauty of Rain World is the discovery of it's enigmatic story, exploration of it's mysterious world and understanding of its cryptic designs. Learning how to play and rules of the world is the game and reading these threads is to that detriment. Even viewing screenshots of different areas and enemies you have not seen will only ruin your own experience. These threads will always be around but you can only experience the game for the first time once, come back when you finish. If you just want to know whether you should get the game, yo should, and nothing else needs to be said about it other than it's amazing and worth experiencing.

Attached: 20190224024227_1.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

y can't slugcat survive rain?

Oh yeah, that makes sense

The game is many things but "same old bullshit" it isn't

Attached: RWDoubleWhite.webm (800x450, 1.64M)

Forgot to use an umbrella.

On the other hand, helping anons navigate their way through the unforgiving world (like that one guy stuck in drainage months ago) is super fun for everyone.

>games shouldn't have to be played to be enjoyed. Another case of poor inclusivity ruining a really pretty game 4/10

it hits so hard it pulverizes flesh and bone

Also this.

Yeah, Chimney will destroy you. Also you might miss out on the kino/canonical route if you go too vertical

I disagree. Everything can be figured out on your own and while it's fun for us, i believe it takes away from their overall experience of trial and error.

he'd need a coat too

Attached: rain.jpg (1920x3200, 656K)

that sluggo missed the perfect opportunity to spear the white lizard in the mouth.

this is the only game I enjoyed more replaying than the first time. go figure. by my 3rd or 4th replay i was a slugcat ninja god.

he catches a cold

confusion, learning, enlightenment

inferno, purgatorio, paradiso

I can't even get anywhere because there's a goddamn blue lizard ready to spawnkill you near a shelter in the complex, and it won't stop chasing you if you manage to slip.
Now the trouble is motivating the other guy to play with me again because it seriously fucking sucks

>industrial complex
Yeah if you can't get past that I worry the rest of the game may prove too challenging. Do remember that you're not a fighter. Running and hiding is what you're meant to do.

if you want to kill it easily and can find a spear and a rock, throw a rock first then stab it to death. At what part of industrial is this happening?

Pretty sure I know where you're at, blue lizard at the bottom of a long vertical shaft with lots of ladders right?

>kill it
>then die by other means i.e vultures and other lizards
it's the shelter near a pool of water with the popping bugs
Probably this because I struggle even in the starting region. I suck both at running and being aggressive

don't be aggressive, use rocks/debris to stun, spear for the kill. always hold down at the bottom of a long fall, you'll do a long roll when you hit the ground. and when in pipes, always boost at a pipe corner, that'll send you rocketing 3-4 slugcat lengths. don't boost while you're actually moving, it slows you down.

the hell is a boost? is that the crouch jump or is it another subtle movement you did once by mashing buttons?

jump button

As you round the corner of a pipe, press jump.

Read this and know you'll get there

Can i get some tips for getting past the Scavenger tolls on hunter? I don't want to give them my pearl

Do lizards stay dead on subsequent cycles?

I'm not new. I've been playing this since release and never went past the complex and drainage so I deliberately spoiled myself to death by reading the threads. Co-op mod revived my will a bit and it was hella fun

Attached: tired.png (400x288, 67K)

Wew friend, you've never gotten past IC?

Extreme violence.

Yeah. I always lost my will at IC or the drainage and left the game. Most likely because I keep hoarding foods and rarely push myself out of my comfort zone to explore

How does co-op work? Can everyone go off and do their own things?

It's very doable, the karma gate that game wants you to exit IC through is a low one, so...

You can go to separate rooms from each other but the screen is still one, so you need to swap it between players.
You can use one sluggo to lure away predators and the other escape, but when one dies it's game over.

Huh. That's confusing. I'm watching a video of someone playing it online through parsec, and I guess they really are blind if the host or whoever goes to a different screen.

Players can switch the cameras to them if they want to, but yes, otherwise they're blind. The camera should go to whoever needs it the most. I play it couch so coordination isn't much of a problem

Is there a mod to make spears stuck in walls permanent? That was one of my favorite features, I liked that you could simplify backtracking modifying your environment over a series of visits. I'd play a full game about that, if there were tight ropes and ziplines and stuff you could set up.

They already are? Do they eventually despawn?

They eventually despawn, it takes a couple of cycles.

It's not a game, but Rain World gave me similar feelings to the manga Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryoukou. Which is interesting because they're superficially similar, but thematically they're complete opposites. Rain World ended on a sardonic but hopeful message about essentially finding purpose or meaning, while SSR is much less mean-spirited, but way more depressing.

The movement tech in this game is ridiculous. I saw that you could put a spear in the ground vertically and climb on it like a pole and I haven't been able to pull it off once.

You gotta backflip and then throw down RIGHT at the peak of your flip, it's doable but very tricky. Practice in sandbox mode maybe?

It's fairly lenient, after backflipping I just hold down and throw roughly sometime in the middle. Get it every time.

You wouldn't happen to know if it still works with the Aim Anywhere mod, would you? I don't think it does, but I can't go back after experiencing it.

I haven't been holding down. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

Would it have killed them to put Moon somewhere more accessible? God I hate Shoreline.

Just come in from Shaded Citadel bro, its ez

I still think it's ass. The last stretch with the possible leviathan/vulture ambush leaves you pretty goddamn helpless. And then you have to make your way out, which is a nightmare.

bump

Ride the lightning, my dude. And by lightning i mean jetsquids.

Sometimes the big fucker is just flooping around on the beach directly in your path though and there's nothing you can do about it, but that's Rain World for you.

Grab that jetfish.

I have played many games but Rain World is definitely one of a kind.

Attached: rain world lore.png (640x640, 504K)

Makes sense to me. Without looking at reviews, I'm going to guess opinions are split down the middle. This is not the kind of game everyone can appreciate.

I don't get it, Shoreline is one of the easier and more relaxing regions, as long as you don't try to go for the colored pearl on top of the tower. Fuck that pearl holy shit

Attached: RWLeechWorld.webm (800x450, 2.24M)

That pearl probably took years off of my life. Fucking invisible walls holy shit.
I don't know how you're supposed to navigate Shoreline. It seems to me that the only ways to get out are to Shaded Citadel, but it requires you to have a spear to get through a one-way vertical pipe, or you have to navigate that asinine underground water chamber that requires a jetfish that always gets stuck somewhere.

this webm oughtta perk us back up

Attached: FUG.webm (910x470, 1.38M)

What? The path from moon to shaded is two way and pretty easy as far as I can remember. No spears needed either I think. AFAIK you just go down on the first pipe after leaving Moon. I should know from bringing her so many pearls and neurons.

Attached: RWDropwigBait.gif (333x454, 2.96M)

Is the expansion mod out yet?

I get here and think nothing bad will happen on the way down besides lizards. FUCKING SCREAM AT THE SIGHT OFTHAT THING

if you think that's bad, try climbing UP the leg, before realizing you should have gone through memory crypts instead

Attached: whoops.webm (900x150, 469K)

>that last stretch when you're carrying neurons
>not only can you not ride the jetsquids, they try to eat them

Giving neurons to slut moon is optional

fucking swallow one when full

yeah sure, in the same way that not pushing your grandmother into traffic is "optional".

Attached: 1550931123014.jpg (1280x1811, 411K)

>not bringing her three at once
If you're not using all your hands on a Moon trip you're just wasting time desu