What boss fight in Soulsborne took you the most time? By that...

What boss fight in Soulsborne took you the most time? By that, I mean which one lasted for the longest time before killing the boss.

Attached: ds-yor.jpg (800x547, 46K)

I have very little souls experience (only ds1 and a small portion of ds2) but I'd say smough and ornstein for me.
2 health bars, and since I was still super new to ds1 when I beat them, I went in there without a weapon higher than +2, AND I somehow got to them with the drake sword. I switched to the black knight sword I believe, but it still took way too long to beat due to me being unable to use a shield (strength wasn't high enough to one hand sword) and me not being that good at dodge rolling.
Wasn't fun but was at the same time.

In DS3 I could not beat Sister Freide solo on a dex build, but oddly destroyed her solo on a str build. I never beat the dragon boss in Ringed City but don’t even care because I was so bored of the game at that point. Beat Gael solo in two tries though, don’t know why everyone says he’s hard.

Friede if you count preparation (I went there early and grinded levels outside her boss chamber because I wanted to play the rest of the game with her outfit and weapon.)
Gael if you count IRL times I gave up and came back. Then it took an actual fucking year.
I feel like Champion Gundyr took the most time in terms of attempts, I remember coming out of that feeling like I just spent the entire day weightlifting.

Probably Gael on like NG+5

Laurence

Attached: 1562231548898.png (1009x753, 260K)

Wait I just realized if you count IRL from starting the bossfight to actually killing the boss, the DS2's Ornstein took from when the game came out to like a week ago.

My first baptism by fire was in dark souls 1: black knight you meet at the beggining of game.

Second biggest hurdle was ornstein and smough. I spend a LOT of time before i learned how to cheese them.

But the boss i spend the most time with was that black dragon you fight in DS3 DLC. I had a mage build on NG++ with practically 0 armor, my only damage output was soul spear and the dragon one shotted me. So i spend like 5 hours straight getting killed by the boss, refusing to respec or use actual weapon, in the end i killed it without a single hit. I needed like 9 blue estuses just to refill the mana.

It was unreal experience.

Attached: cockthumb.jpg (526x526, 67K)

Probably kalameet

Ludwig took me three and a half hours to beat on my first playthrough. I was using the Blade of Mercy since I fucked up Eileen's quest line really early and stabbed her through Henryk and killed her. The BoM got me killed so many times due to greed and it got to the point where I went out with the friend who recommended it to me and we sat for a few hours talking about nothing but Bloodborne and tried to figure out which parts I could improve on.

The next day I beat him on my third try, and now after 300+ hours in this game I can go in to the fight and treat it like an enjoyable dance and really soak up the music and atmosphere. I absolutely fucking adore this fight, even after three and a half hours of constant death I never once raged or felt like I wasn't enjoying myself.

Attached: 1.webm (900x506, 2.85M)

Based magebro. DS3 is at its best with that shit.

Please don't laugh.

Attached: tumblr_o3dpnfW1GM1tt3wuco2_500.gif (500x231, 1.67M)

Hmmmm... Manus, Ancient Dragon, Ebritas, maybe Ludwig. I can't really remember. I always had one I was stuck on in each game pre-baby souls 3

Dont get me wrong, i played mage build only for ng++. And whole series is piss easy when you play as mage. You kill 99% of mobs from a distance where they dont even aggro. Especially in ds3 mahe build is piss easy. Only that dragon has from whole game high sorcery resistance.

My first playthrough i always play with generic knight with medium shield and long sword or similiar, ng+ is always fat knight with heavy shield and zweihander or similiar with miracles and then i try YOLO builds like glass cannon mage.

Attached: snakepass_1-640x360.jpg (640x360, 54K)

Wrong Yhorn. Siegward was friends with Alpha Yhorn, meaning Gundyr. Makes more sense if you think about it, why befriend a lord of cinder wtf?

Orphan.

Why not just use mercury on him?

Because they patched it, before nerf its damage was calculated off certain % of the enemy so the bigger HP pool the deadlier. After some patch its effect is so small its like casting one soul spear.

Also good luck trying to predict where the dragon will land AND finishing its long casting animation before the dragon lands and one hit kills you.

Pestilent mist is decent against slow moving enemies. That dragon is fuck huge, but it moves all around the place.

Probably everything in the Flame king DLC. I was on NG+4 by then and playing as a pyro. Everything took ages to kill and would kill me in like 2 hits.

Nameless King, only boss I had to grind to beat

I spent literal months trying and failing to kill ornstein and smough. Then I got stuck forever and make-a-dash in bloodborne

Shame about the damage nerf but I didn't have any problems just casting it on him and surviving. He's so big and slow.

Friede

Attached: download (13).jpg (2048x1152, 454K)

>big
Yes
>slow
Fuck no. When you cant allow a single mistake he isnt slow.

>tfw been stuck on this bitch for 15+ attempts
Am I a shitter bros?

Attached: Elana.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

I dont even remember her being hard, she just cheeses you by summoning one or two knight cucks.

Cheese her by keeping distance behind furniture so the projectiles wont hit you while you kill her summons.

First boss I ever fought, cleric beast. Took me a fucking week to get past him, the killing fight took like seven minutes

After that? Either kalameet or the three sentinels, maybe ebrietas