You lads like Cry of Fear?

you lads like Cry of Fear?

Attached: cryoffear.png (629x674, 680K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VmFbqusTbg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's allright. The most amazing thing about it that it was done on the HL1 engine, because it sure hell doesn't look like it.

However, when it comes to horror FPS mods, Underhell is infinitely superior. Chapter 2 never ;_;

Attached: mirrors.jpg (1024x768, 178K)

No. The twist is fucking stupid and ruins the game.

Based suicide simulator

I liked it. Full of soul.

Co-op levels on this game are probably the very limit of my gaming ability. They're fucking insane.

I think it nailed some of the things it wanted to do.
It's full of loud noises and jumpscares, but it propely INTEGRATES them into the overall atmosphere and and feeling they were going for.
The combat also feels appropriately clunky.
There were a couple of enemies that also genuinely unnerved me, such as the Crazyrunner, with her fast, unnatural, feverish breathing wich is something i haven't seen done enough in other horror games.

I think this thing biggest issue is that it was paraded around as "YOU GOTTA PLAY THIS BRO IT'S SO SCARY OMG" but what it actually is, is a small niche experiment that exists in a bubble, and it will click with some people and definitely not click with others.
It's not immediately accessible to everyone, some people will get into it and others will consider it loud, cheap, and dumb.

Attached: Crazyrunner.png (212x546, 134K)

never had co-op buddies to play it with, they're hard?

The fucking coop multiplayer was the best drunk lan party me and the bros ever had. It was hilarious and had its spook moments. Almost got to the end, just a couple more levels, but it was already 6am. Definitely recommend it.

If it were done in a newer engine it would've been better. The story is fucking good, the music fits it, the gameplay is decent and the monsters are cool, but the graphics feel off for it's time (with CoF being released in 2012). I really wish for a remake in a better engine. It's still amazing how it was made in HL1's engine.

Attached: Cry of Fear.jpg (900x464, 41K)

I like the part where he blows his head off

Oh shit I had forgot about this game! Such a masterpiece.

Have the devs been working on anything lately or did they disband?

Wasnt it literally just one guy?

he makes music now

I wonder if mxthe has ever brought up developing Chapter 2 as a full game at New World Interactive.

Isnt Cry of Fear just a jump scare simulator?

Sure it has alot of jump scares, its a horror game, but it also has good atmosphere, music, and creature design (within limitations of its time), which also make a good horror game. Its not a genre defining blockbuster, but a neat little project thats good for a play through.

this place felt just like home

Attached: ss_cc2731cefa5d593b0d2c093461fa9f3bd3582162.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 808K)

do u live in sweden

yeah

>jumpscare: the game
verygood and nostalgic to me but it has its flaws

They were working on an AoM remake but it got cancelled a while back.
Shame cause it looked bretty good

Attached: 22.png (534x720, 187K)

comfy game t b h

Amazing coop game with some drunk friends.
Have no clue about its value as a singleplayer game.

ja me de e najs, påminner om 90/tidigt 20 tal

this
youtube.com/watch?v=VmFbqusTbg0

they used Stockholm + some small urban area outside the city as a reference, even the way some of the apartments are decorated feels very "of the time" for Sweden

Attached: Irlvsgame.jpg (960x910, 64K)

Co-op was mostly the main story maps but in reverse, obviously a lot changed in terms of level design though, couple of co-op exclusive enemies and situations added to keep it fresh

The dev said the experience of migrants rushing him on a daily basis in stockholm inspired the manic enemies found throughout the game.

Every thread with you, huh?

what the fuck was her problem

Attached: 034F1CF3-1205-41A1-A821-5D10285E072A.png (279x379, 67K)

ebin

Wouldn't you want to stab something if you had spikes for arms?

I liked it a lot. Felt appropiately difficult, decently spooky and fun to play.
>That fucking part where you need to rip out the fuses at the school

Attached: 3142.jpg (273x234, 7K)

...i'd try not to

Attached: 3466363643.jpg (1000x563, 122K)

>Play coop with friend
>I was running ahead
>See stairs think to self might something up top of it
>Move slowly up the stair
>Fall midway through stair trap
>Oh Shit
>Screaming dolls all around me
I never been spoop like that before

wtf in-game looks better than real life.

Simon wouldn't stab her with his "needle", so she stabbed him with hers.

Isn't that the shitty, overrated mod that got you VAC banned?

I think I know which part you’re talking about, and there was a glitch where even if you played it smart and didn’t walk up those stairs some of the woman-monsters would phase through the wall/stairs to get you, real nasty surprise

hl1 engine made it scarier though. the low quality models and sounds made it creepier

bullshit more than anything. loads of enemies because multiplayer but you're trying to split half a pistol mag between at least two people.

Or tagging in and out to beat enemies to death with melee weapons when there’s an ammo famine, kind of like some of those British police videos where a suspect with a knife is keeping a bunch of officers at bay because none of them want to get stabbed nor do they have many ranged options

>the morning after the asylum
It's a shame it goes right back for another round of spooks before the game ends.

Attached: 23dq1.jpg (400x281, 47K)

Part with rowing the boat on the lake was the comfiest, along with coming home at the end.

Still waiting for Asylum

kek, I'll watch a youtube playthrough then.

I'm glad other people played this as well. I honestly enjoyed it, as an edgy depressed teen
>tfw 2012 was 7 years ago

I'm not a lad, cunt