Who is the strongest of these characters?

Attached: ff21.png (1756x1392, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgsite.net/feature/6530-here-s-the-final-fantasy-series-ranked-as-voted-by-thousands-of-you
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/19/readers-choice-top-300-games-of-all-time.aspx
gameinformer.com/2019/04/14/game-informer-readers-favorite-games-of-popular-series
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Squall is the cutest.

Terra>Noctis>Zidane >>> powergap >>> the rest

never played xv. of the rest, zidane

Depressingly, gonna be Noctis since he starts out telling physics to go fuck itself and by the end of the game is flying and having DBZ battles with evil metrosexual Jesus as they UNLIMITED BRADE WORKS at each other

Terra/Cloud/Noctis I think are the strongest.
Terra and co fought a god monster that extended to the clouds. Cloud and co fought all the weapons which were fucking gigantic godzilla tier monsters. Noctis fought like a giant turtle thing once.

>FF is just DBZ now

Attached: FFXR_CloudvsSephiroth.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Squall is an absolute fucking beast in the original Dissidia's story, so I'mma go with him.

noctis obviously

Terra > Noctis > Zidane > Cloud > Squall > Cecil > Tidus > Bartz

Where's Zell?

Attached: Zell_Dincht.jpg (640x448, 160K)

Me.

When did Cloud learn to fucking fly? This is so stupid, holy shit.

jenova cells son

Attached: reunion.png (1052x736, 1.92M)

sephiroth could at least fly

Can't comment on Noctis because I haven't played 15, but of the rest it's Terra or Zidane. The rest aren't really in the same ballpark. Cloud and Squall are basically just soldiers. Bartz and Tidus are goofs. Cecil's half alien and all, but he doesn't have the super powers that Terra and Zidane have.

Wasn't that just Jenova's power raising him up or something.
Sephiroth flying - I can somewhat understand, but Cloud?

Did you not watch Advent Children?
Or this

tidus from x-2

I love the idea that everyone could do crazy acrobatics and cut buildings in half and all the stupid shit that happens because, canonically, they're all level 99

What a wonderful and stupid explanation, I fucking love it

>DUDE IT'S SO CINEMATIC
>GAME? NO THAT'S A BORING SLOG FOR BABIES
this is what ff7r is catering to

never played XV and only finished VI, VII and VIII

Terra > Cloud > Squall

I didn't. I'm not invested this much into FFVII to watch shitty movies. And Cloud flying like that makes no fucking sense to me, gameplay wise. So now, if we can't fly in the Remake and piggyback Barret, I'll be mad.

In peak condition- Noctis. In game-start, dunno really, maybe Squall.

behold

Attached: FFVIIR_SR2019_combat.webm (1280x720, 3M)

Zidane might be a little faggot that never lives up to his potential, but Garland designed him to be able to destroy entire planets singlehandedly.

*casts The End*

Attached: Selphie_13.jpg (640x479, 51K)

SSS:
>Zidane (literal super saiyan, a perfected Kuja and Kuja in full trance was a planet destroyer)
>Terra (half-esper, though she loses her esper half in the end)
S:
>Cloud
>Noctis
>Cecil
A:
>Bartz
B:
>Squall
C:
>Tidus

>that never lives up to his potential
His Dyne is exceedingly strong and its skills look more powerful than endgame magic.

FF7 power levels increased severely. Zack does to 3 Shinra grunts in the original, but in Crisis Core dude takes out 1000 soldiers.

I assume Cecil also got way stronger in the expanded universe. The Creator from The After Years is much stronger than Kefla, Sephiroth, Kuja, etc.

The only ones without that many impressive feats are Bartz, Squall and Tidus. Tidus’ head explodes by kicking a blitzball in his expanded universe.

Bartz has the power of a harem adventure anime protagonist on his side though.

If we’re talking about gameplay mechanics, Zidane is strong, but he’s not significantly stronger than the rest of the cast. Everybody is doing max damage by the end of the game.

Had Zidane discarded his humanity and fully accepted his Genome powers, he probably could have 1v1 Kuja and completely shit on him and Necron after.

The damage cap in FF9 is hilariously low and that's a mechanical problem since dropping a frog is as powerful as Garnet summoning Ark or Zidane doing his own version of Ultima.

>much stronger than Kefla
no, he isn't

Attached: 735247_recreator2099_hot-kefla.jpg (1280x1810, 508K)

I haven't played any of these in a while and I've never played VIII-X but I'd imagine Terra.

Cloud was injected with Jenova cells and shit thanks to Hojo.

Terra is nutty

Loses all her power when game ends though
Becomes a mage who can't cast magic.

Noctis.

Attached: KingNoctisFFXV.jpg5.jpg (1280x720, 386K)

Finally Japan started learning to render male characters.

>When did Cloud learn to fucking fly?
it's nothing new, he flies in KH Final Mix, flies in KH2, flies in AC, flies (dash) in Smash Bros

Cloud tanked a supernova though.

For me it would go
>Cloud with Knights of the Round
>Squall with Lion Heart/Limit Break and Ultima junctioned to Str
>Tidus with Break Damage Limit and Jecht Shot
>Terra Morphed
>Everyone else

But if Cloud doesn't have Knights of the Round, then it's Squall.

Zidane was created to be Kujas superior, to take Kujas place and was intended to be easier to control or something, and in an ideal world where Zidane turned out how he was intended, he would have beat Kuja easier.

Attached: Zidane and Garnet.gif (250x149, 2.77M)

That was just in Sephiroth's mindscape.

I'm not even memeing right now

Attached: 220px-Donald_Duck.svg.png (220x364, 31K)

The space was fake. The power itself wasn't.

I think Terra is up there, but still, if you haven't killed at least a god by the end of the game... are you truly a FF main characters?

Heck, I haven't played all of this games yet, and still, the only character I am not so sure if killed a god or not is Bartz, and still, wasn't Exdeath final form kind of a God too?

I always took that scene as being a mental struggle, of Cloud overcoming his fear and hate of Sephiroth. Sephiroth threw everything he believed he was at Cloud, and it couldn't measure up. Then Cloud fucking styles on him to hammer home that he's moved past all the traumas of the game and his past.

But that's just my interpretation I doubt it's canon or anything.

On the FF "lore" that fucked Duck can't even't prevent a 14 years old boy to get killed... assuming it didn't got himself killed first.

If Sephiroth had that much power, he woudn't need the meteor. It's just his illusions of grandeur attacking the party.

Try that again in English.

NeoExDeath is far more powerful than Kefka

Bartz has more feats than Terra

>XIV's Warrior of Light beats them both

Cecil: not a big deal
Bartz: just a normal dude
Terra: Half esper half human, big deal
Cloud: super soldier, big deal
Squall: normal dude
Zidane: literally a lot of power, Goku
Tidus: A dream, he can be just as any summon in the game. A big deal.
Noctis: normal dude

So, it's between terra, tidus and zidane. I would go for Zidane.

Noctis or Terra.

me, literally

Is this post bait or are you just stupid?

Your symbolic interpretation is correct. But the "physical" aspect (or "spiritual" aspect but in a more "real" context that actually impacts the ongoing events) is also true. Cloud's group first deals with the bodies of JENOVA and Sephiroth but they didn't succeed completely as the Spirit of Sephiroth was still around which hides in the livestream to fuck things up by contunuing blocking the activation of Holy.
Unfortunately for Sephiroth, he forgot to make Cloud kill himself back when Cloud gave him the black materia and by now Cloud's mental condition was strong enough to even overwhelm his and JENOVA's wills, so Cloud traced his connection with Sephiroth and basically turned the table on the mindcontrol bullshit by exiting his body via his Spirit and hunting Sephiroth down in the livestream - finishing him off this time.

pack it up boys, thats a perfect list. even the fact theres no SS, shows the gap between zidane/terra and the rest

No he needs Meteor because Supernova would go counter to his plans. Remember? His goal is NOT to "destroy the world", but rather to just "wound it just the right amount so he can absorb all the energy used in an attempt to heal the planet's wound and become a god". If he destroys the whole planet, it'd destroy the livestream too and he'd get absolutely nothing out of it.

Based on Dissidia, any of them can win against the others depending on the circumstances.

Yeah, but I think most people agree that, during the main story (though granted, by the end this is not longer the case), Terra's nature as an Esper, and not necessary her feats, put her above most FF characters.

THE MESSENGER IS STANDING AT THE GATE

>Jump from X to XV

What, like physically? Cloud because he's a fucking drugged up scientific experiment who can heft around shit that weighs as much as a car.
If you're just meaning who would win in a fight who the fuck knows, it's nothing to do with the character and just how much you could abuse the battle system of their game against the others.

He doesn't fly in advent children, he specifically keeps landing or jumping off of things because he can't. Sure he has retarded air uptime, but it's not because of flight. And in that scene in the game, it's sephiroth pulling him up, he's not flying himself

cloud cant lift 47000+ tons
noct can

Attached: Titan-Bestiary-FFXV (1).png (1200x675, 823K)

I fucking hate what kingdom hearts has done to my final fantasy, rather nomuras retarded ass.

POWER LEVELS.

Anyways, its Squal.
He has Galaxy Level feats while thebrest is stuck in Star to Solar System.

how are you so wrong

who has the strongest magic user

going by gameplay mechanics Terra is unable to take damage thanks to her 128 magic evade and can doublecast ultima every turn.

?
why?
im just ignoring all the in-game power ups they can get, im just classifying them for what they are.

noct

Attached: gladio was never seen again.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

no, that's just ff6 fags being insufferable as usual and wanting their shit game to always stand out. terra is essentially a summon, of which ff has many and they're not that strong in these games (though it varies, like in ff8 they keep getting their asses beat while in ff9 they cause a lot of destruction)

noct has inate bloodline magic powers which surpass anything terra can do tho

Noctis, Terra is probably a contender

okay this webm is legit funny if you know what this spell is truely about

Depends on the game. The strongest magic user would be terra being all espered out her tits. But the strongest magic available to them is gonna be based on their game system, and the later ones have new/stronger spells, damage cap breaks, multihit spells. No other cunt besides squall can use meltdown for example.

Well there just aren't that many mages who can cast Meteor, let alone fucking Zettaflare. Donald is top tier as fuck as far as final fantasy power levels go.

no crystal pieces for butz
no gf for squall
no materia for cloud

Sora

Cecil is most based

noct doesnt need those
his powers are his own bloodline

Canonically probably Terra or Noctis. Cloud is also up there since he took is a literal super soldier. For being an angel of death, Zidane is pretty bitch-made.

Which one can use the strongest spells?
i.e spells that can destroys most of the universe with a single cast (summons don't count)

Terra makes my dick go nutty

Attached: 1554596482088.jpg (2000x2000, 2.09M)

see

Tidus

Attached: BlitzAce.webm (1264x720, 2.89M)

Even though FFXV is the worst Final Fantasy or perhaps because it is, Noctis is the strongest due to his innate ability to teleport, summon Knights of the Round and their weapons, go super saiyan and quaff infinite potions upon being defeated in battle. Second place goes to the next strongest super saiyan, Terra, with third place going to the third and most legit super saiyan, Zidane.

Going for fourth place, Bartz wins it through job mastery, sheer flexibility and being a stereotypical shonen protagonist with a harem and a mascot. The fake super soldier injected full of space cooties, Cloud, can now canonically fly for some reason, so he probably wins fifth. My personal favourite, Cecil, gets sixth - all the experience of a dark knight, class changed into a healer/tank paladin with solid offensive potential - also commands a FLEET of airships, can't get more chad than that. Squall gets seventh after he junctions all his best magic to his stats and regains his memories. Tidus isn't even real and his ultimate power comes from playing water polo, so he comes dead last

READY TO LET GO,
READY FOR THE CRUSH.

Just throw a bomb that looks like a blitzball at him. He'll kick it and kill himself. It's literally canon Jesus fucking christ what is wrong with Square Enix to let that dogshit get published?

I'd rather Hangout with Zidan or TIdus the most, only guys that seem like they would be any fun.
I'd love to go to a bar with Zidance and just hit on girls

its not all about offence, there's speed, skill sets, defensive abilities, plus how they can out maneuver someone else

In pure speed noct can teleport and warp which gives him the egde over all the others, the others wouldn't be able to catch someone that literally teleports behind them
For defensive he can literally phase through matter and summon barriers at will with phantom weapons which deflect and defend against anything, the others would just have a simple block maneuver or a more simple protect barrier

If say someone casts some world dooming spell how long will that take to cast and is it faster than noctis teleporting behind them and slitting their throat while phasing so he cant get touched?

You mean best FF.

what is dante doing in this thread

The power level of the summon is a over al mess... then we have X where they are made of human souls, or games like IV and other games where they are gods beyond the whole party than only allow you to use them is they them you worthy... and sometimes human souls too going by Odin. And in III they are just there...

Honestly, for Terra power, is better just to think as to how the Summons and Esper work on FFVI, and FFVI alone, and not other games.

We are talking about how the FF characters deal with gods in a daily basis, but even the concept of God is messy. VII, IX, X, XIII, XV, this are the ones I have a vague idea on the matter, and all of them have a different concept of a God.

Squall has access to holy wars? those items that make you invincible, can't beat that.

>best FF
FFIV? That's right, my friend.

dunno

Attached: 1687105239_preview_Screen 7.jpg (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Yeah XV the best one :^)

Warrior of light from FF1

XV has the illustrious honor of managing to be a step DOWN from XIII, which by all modern metrics of scoring video games shouldn't be possible.

the ones who can access every single job

>hurr durr can't be touched immune to damage
why do people always have to be retarded.
OKAY SQUALL USES A HOLY WAR CAN'T BE DAMAGED HE WINS LOLOL

You mean step up which is universally agreed upon, aswell as XV being top 5 FF in general
cope :^)

Attached: ff1315.png (850x322, 82K)

I'm not even talking about gameplay mechanics which are often nonsequitur, I'm talking about canon lore based combat abilities acknowledged in the story itself.

Are you, perchance, that FFXV guy who got banned a while ago for shilling and baiting on the FFVIIR threads?

Game mechanics or lore?

It doesn't matter, to try and pull out an invulnerable card is sheer retardation friend. Plus you've played the game, right? He gets hit by shit constantly. The phasing is not what you make out it is

i hope so because the idea of more than one person still defending XV is horrible

1. VII
2. VI
3. IX
4. X
5. XII
6. V
7. IV

XV isn't a top 5 though

Bartz has the strongest puns

Because of the Quick spell, you can get up to five casts per turn. Of course, you're still better off dual-wielding ultimate weapons with quad attack and Quick.

Oh yeah, and Terra can spam ultima with duelcast meaning that she continuously can cast the highest-damage possible at even a low level (her level 30's). So imo, without doubt she is the strongest.

I mean Bartz having the ability to change jobs is cool and would give him an advantage, but it's not like he can change jobs in the middle of battle. what's the most op set-up for Bartz anyway

ff13 is the problem of making a bad linear game
But ff15 suffers from the problem of making a bad open world game as a response to ff13 backlash.
ff13 atleast has all its story in game albeit in terrible datalogs ff15 just decided to say "fuck you, watch a dozen scattered media entries to get the full story on top of paying me more for important story DLC." I have no idea why they couldnt just tell a straight forward story since both game suffer from story problems but ff15 is just worse.

Are you the shitposter that gets BTFO while you samefag?

Judging from their villains Squall is the strongest Ultimecia's time compression is the most destructive force out of the things we see in all of these games turning all of space and time into singularity is universal by nature, but you could definitely make an argument that Squall doesn't share that level of offensive power since I don't think there is any proof that Ultimecia had defensive abilities equal to her offensive abilities.

Cloud would be the next one since Supernova is easily the next strongest thing seen in these series, unlike Squall we at least know Cloud and Sephiroth could survive the blast from Supernova (Safer Sephiroth wasn't damaged and Cloud and Co cannot die from it) though FF7 is crazy inconsistent with it tho since Cloud was shot later in AC and it hurt him (I've heard some FF& guys say it was a life stream empowered bullet or something but its still dumb as shit)

Zidane is probably next im not super familiar with FF9 but I've been told some good planet ending shit happens like Kuja destroying the surface of Terra and Planets being moved out of orbit and shit.

Side note Bartz is kinda also like Squall and a lot of stuff involving the Void's level of power comes from Dissidia but its whatever.

If you dual weild don't you have to unequip your shield? so terra would lose her 100% evade rate.

Yes it is

Cope

RPGsite best FF poll with over 10k votes, XV in top 5
1: Final Fantasy VII
2: Final Fantasy IX
3: Final Fantasy VI
4: Final Fantasy X
5: Final Fantasy XV
6: Final Fantasy VIII
7: Final Fantasy XIV
8: Final Fantasy XII
9: Final Fantasy IV
10: Final Fantasy XIII
11: Final Fantasy V
12: Final Fantasy XI
13: Final Fantasy III
14: Final Fantasy II
15: Final Fantasy

rpgsite.net/feature/6530-here-s-the-final-fantasy-series-ranked-as-voted-by-thousands-of-you

Gameinformers top 300 games poll with XV in the top 5 FF games listed
270. Final Fantasy XIII (#12 ranked FF)
244. Final Fantasy III (#11 ranked FF)
235. Final Fantasy XII (#10 ranked FF)
164. Final Fantasy XIV (#9th ranked FF)
146. Final Fantasy IV (#8th ranked FF)
128. Final Fantasy XI (#7th ranked FF)
97. Final Fantasy VIII (#6th ranked FF)
51. Final Fantasy XV (#5th ranked FF)
49. Final Fantasy IX (#4th ranked FF)
33. Final Fantasy X (#3rd ranked FF)
13. Final Fantasy VI (#2nd ranked FF)
7. Final Fantasy VII (#1st ranked FF)
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/03/19/readers-choice-top-300-games-of-all-time.aspx

Game informer top 5 best games in series, XV in top 5.
>Final Fantasy
>1. Final Fantasy X
>2. Final Fantasy VII
>3. Final Fantasy VI
>4. Final Fantasy VIII
>5. Final Fantasy XV

gameinformer.com/2019/04/14/game-informer-readers-favorite-games-of-popular-series

Shirrako FF poll with 21k+ votes had XV in 1st place and top 5

Famitsu best games of Heisei era, XV again in top 5 for the FFs listed
1. Chrono Trigger
2. The Legend of Zelda: BOTW
3. NieR: Automata
4. Final Fantasy VII
5. Okami
6. The Legend of Zelda: OoT
7. Final Fantasy X
8. Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
9. Dragon Quest V
10. Xenogears
11. Vainglory
12. Suikoden II
13. Mother 2
14. Splatoon 2
15. Tactics Ogre
16. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
17. Kingdom Hearts
17. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
19. Final Fantasy XV
20. Final Fantasy XI
20. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Attached: 1557153521894.jpg (400x503, 34K)

Zidane despite being a manlet

No it fucking doesn't, FF13 literally has an objectively unfinished story.

FF13 has no towns, no dungeons, no exploration, no NPCs to talk to, no minigames, no vehicles to ride, no combat variety, etc. It was just a fucking coridoor and cutscenes aka a literal movie with the worst characters ever and a literal who villain. FF13 literally had cancelled DLC too, hell it was so bad that 13-2 retconned the ending of FF13 just to take place and then 13-2 ALSO had cancelled DLC which were all supposed to be part of the main story. Kitase comfiened they cut enough content out of FF13 to make a whole other game with, FF13 is literally unfinished

XV is actually a fucking game that you play that has towns, dungeons, exploration, NPCs to talk to and get sidequests from, minigames, various vehicles to ride, actual combat variety and each character plays completely unique to each other, and actually great characters and villain that you care about.

>cope
man you people picked up on that reddit meme fast didn't you?
FF isn't even the best JRPG series anymore. Utawarerumono, Tales, and Trails are all better now. Square killed Final Fantasy a long time ago.

Ardyn is stronger than any of those villains and could literally do everything they can by absorbing them as daemons, and can already do things they can do regardless.

Well even then, Quick plus quad attack is 8 attacks; the best you can get out of spells is 5 (which is Ultima+Quick, Ultima+Ultima, Ultima+Ultima). So spells are better for area, and attacks are better for single target.

Seeth and cope

>7. Final Fantasy VII (
what the fuck is it with FF7 and having it constantly attract the number seven? It was released in 1997, it is set in 2007, etc. I remember even watching AC with an autistic black kid called Severn

Game mechanically, Tidus without a doubt, because of break damage limit and the ability to traverse, much less reshape, the entire sphere grid.

Looks like FFXV-kun is here, it was enevitable it seems.

>literal who rpg maker tier games that combined sell less and played by less people than a single ff

Looks like the kh turd is here to seeth and cope over XV

I assume so, dunno how some mid level biology manipulation trumps some of the abilities Sephiroth has or the Spacetime manipulation on a universal scale Ultimecia does

Where does Ramza fit into all of this?

Attached: monks.png (2136x1856, 1.84M)

Considering that Dissidia canonizes Max Jobs Runs, Bartz. Dude is the goofiest Swiss Army Knife.

Noctis is a god. Zidane is godly. And Tina is godlike. Tidus doesn't even exist.

Sabin can suplex a train

Pretty sure Diamond Weapon is heavier than a train. And Tifa does it with a single hand.

it's probably tifa or sabin since they have some pretty absurd suplex feats

Future is female, so the green haired lady.

None, the correct answer is the four onion kids.

Attached: FF3_Onion_Knight_Art.jpg (257x236, 38K)

the biggest feats are all ludo narrative dissonance
sabin suplexing a train is never brought up or mentioned in the narrative, it is never acknowledged and the game never acknowledges most of the things you do in combat within the narrative. There's a disconnect between what happens in gameplay and what's actually happening in the narrative, like if you beat the train with the suplex or beat it by just regular basic attack the game treats both the same and doesn't acknowledge how or what you did to beat it, only that you did.

Even setting aside suplexing the train, they still take it down with swords and fists (or potions). And they still spend the entire battle outrunning the train. "Ludonarrative dissonance" can only go so far when the narrative is that they fight a train with swords and win.

Now I wanna do a ring of lucii only run of FFXV now

(though that would mean playing FFXV again)

Based and Correctpilled

Zell can fucking Flash punch.
What do you think?

its also a ghost train though so its weight is suspect

The strongest are Bartz and Squall (due to Exdeath and Ultimecia).
The weakest is either Tidus or Noctis.

Meh, even fucking Penelo can destroy reality, I don't think that means much in FF.

Plot wise Noctis or Terra are the strongest.

Are you pretending to be retarded? noct is easily the strongest

Attached: gunners.png (1072x1040, 712K)

Yikes.

They are all garbage desu

Like i said before Im not 100% sure if Ex and Ults defensive ability extend to their somewhat specific offensive abilities.
Regardless top 3 is easily Squall, Bartz and Cloud

They are all trash, but Sazh at least can do demigod magic shit.

It's really weird how they handled Barret in Advent Children.
>Remnants' Summon uses breath attack against Barret
>Barret jumps out of the way
>Summon uses another breath attack against Barret
>Barret does nothing and just stands around in a panic, as if he was doomed now
Why?

Wakka can hurt a huge monster with a fucking sports ball, easily him.

Noctis got pretty broken powers with his weapon summoning.

Almost like that movie was shit or something.

>because, canonically, they're all level 99
That's fucking retarded. By that logic if you were over-leveled, the entire narrative should change considering how important travel is in FF.
Fuck Advent Children and fuck Nomura.

Attached: dressed.png (744x1150, 1.05M)

>Ultimecia absorbed her entire universe and it's time
>NeoExdeath can destroy the multiverse
>The most impressive thing the Astrals have done is catch a country destroying meteor

but most of all fuck (You)

Are you niggas serious? They're the most based characters from their respective games.

My king.

Attached: 2391831-king_cecil.jpg (727x1184, 438K)

That just makes me think it's a shitty train, though. Especially since it's a ghost too.

Tidus exists same as aeons, he's just a bundle of pyreflies influenced by summoners/memories to take his shape.

fu Q

Attached: dodge.png (1559x533, 174K)

M8 Cloud beats a guy that could impale a 30 meters long serpent on a tree.

Wakka if he's fighting an Al Bhed

>guy

Attached: aeris smug.jpg (467x700, 69K)

Today's is literally a dream that could never be beat

I wonder what the distance on that is? If Cloud could attack any enemy in the air then there wouldn't be a need for Barret.

Balthier is canonically an ex-Judge.

If Squall can perpetually stay at critical health, then he's arguably stronger than all of them. However, he's also constantly on the brink of death. Bartz or Cloud might be the overall winners due to the sheer number of options at their disposal.

Zell can run around the planet in three seconds.

You can't really say the original wasn't trying to be cinematic.

Break Damage Limit in FFX shits all over the superattacks from the previous games.

Cecil's half lunarian and survives a Bahamut megaflare in plot, though it fucks him up. Ultimately he's just a decent warrior though, nothing that crazy.

Bartz is similar, he inherits the skills of 20+ legendary heroes, but he's still a human.

Terra's got all the esper shit going on for big magic power, but has the worst will to use it and still is probably a paper bag when it comes to durability and not particularly acrobatic.

Cloud's superhuman in all areas thanks to mako enhancements, and SOLDIERs are surviving and blocking gunshots and shit all the time apparently.

Squall's superhuman thanks to GFs, but in his setting they think a regular sniper rifle's capable of killing better than a full party of GF-equipped mercenaries, plus he's slow as shit fighting in the opening or some of those minigames like punching the dude on the rope.

Zidane's just a thief outside of trance, in it he's supposed to be an "angel of death" but he never matures to that point or learns something as crazy as Trance Kua's flare.

Tidus is just a recreation of an athletic prodigy that's decent at a sword too. Weakest by far.

Noctis has mobility down, but durability and power's not that crazy. Only plus he has is equipment and the bloodline to use it.

Cloud's strongest overall easy.

FFX had Sin too and Sin was so OP he could have legit destroyed Spira at any given moment yet your party is capable of defeating the same summons such as Braska's that can beat Sin. Its weird.

Wakka can throw a ball hard enough to hurt a dragon almost a mile away and still have the ball bounce back to him.

>but he never matures to that point or learns something as crazy as Trance Kua's flare.
Grand Lethal

they're not that strong in ff6 as far as i remember

bartz
a
r
t
z

Unpopular opinion I honestly think FF7 is overrated and the fanbase dickride it because it was their first FF. Still a good game tho[/spolier]

Cloud cuts through a megaflare in AC

Attached: that smudge is Cloud.png (1920x1080, 2.44M)

That's his strongest, sure, but it's not as ridiculous as weird giant energy trails just lazily floating through vaporizing shit, demolishing and razing an entire area.

The party only defeats Sin because he's being pacified by the song to let them get close. And even then with all the fighting and shooting missiles and shit at him, it doesn't really hurt Sin too much, it just lets them get on and cut a human-sized hole in a city-sized monster and walk into him.

Yeah, just saying Cecil surviving a surprise point-blank megaflare that he's not cutting through or guarding against is still a pretty good showing. Wouldn't imagine Terra or Tidus living through it.

A toss up between the one that gets to fuck Fran every night and the one that gets to fuck Lulu every night.

Realistically looking at them it'd either be Cecil or Cloud because of all the weight they carry, but sadly that's not the case. Hell Cloud's sword might not even have weight

He beats them both as glorified midbosses

>That's his strongest, sure, but it's not as ridiculous as weird giant energy trails just lazily floating through vaporizing shit, demolishing and razing an entire area.
Grand Lethal just fucking explodes everything with energy rays nigga.
It's totally Zidane's version of Flare Star

>what is wrong with Square Enix
thats a loaded question and i dont wanna write the book of text it would take to answer

look on the bright side, they never got to make a ffx3 and show that shit to everyone.

Irvine has pulse ammo. Every else has regular ammo...or a ball. Do the math.

>Unpopular opinion
>says the opinion most people have including most ff7 fans

That's the popular opinion on Yea Forums.

Everyone posting cutscene theoretical garbage

This guy gets it

Who was the strongest?

Attached: memelords.jpg (2536x2760, 1.26M)

In battle? Tidus. Can anyone else even hit over 100k? Cloud has knights of the round but that doesn't come close at all.

Canonically? Zidane. Created to literally destroy a world, kills god or somerhknf

Lightning

Attached: FFXIII-2_Lightning_Artwork.jpg (699x1336, 159K)

>character suicide dives with a bomb and survives pointblank explosion that would seal a crater
>main character in same series dies from kicking a bomb
How fucking powerful was that bomb?

Attached: cid-falls.jpg (512x384, 67K)

FF11man.
Fuck you.

Zidane's created to kill a bunch of humans with a magic spell when he's all grown up, nothing too different from any summon just using their biggest spell on a populated city. He still has years to go before he's even capable of that.

Emet Selch.

>Orchestrated the destruction of 7 worlds.
>Almost succeeded at an 8th.
>Can possess bodies.
>Can only be killed by a very specific MacGuffin from a very specific type of individual.
>Can see everything at all times
>Has lived for a thousand thousand years.
>Can create entire cities out of thin air with little more than the power of imagination and concentration.
>Swats away the players entire traveling party, and the main characters of the entire game, like insects. Looks bored the entire time he's doing it.
>Can freely travel between dimensions.
>Can manifest the lifestream as a physical entity for others to see and pluck souls out of it.

>teleports behind you
>unzips fedora
>whispers "buy my dlc if you want to know my backstory" in your ear
>turns into magic god zombie that teleports around and summons a dozen teleporting swords
>takes your life and $15 out of your pocket for his dlc

Sadly Ardyn

>>Can only be killed by a very specific MacGuffin from a very specific type of individual.
Or by a shitload of light all at once. However you need to use literally enough light to destroy an entire planet

*universe
Shards aren't just planets, they're alternate realities.

Hence why I said a specific kind of individual.
The amount of pure light aspected Aether the WoL had to hit him with to kill him was enough to almost kill the WoL as well.
This was after a very lengthy battle where he was being hammered by 8 of those individuals, and also after Thancred filled his face with a dozen MacGuffin shards.

>Kuja
Pretty goddamn strong
>Emet
An ancient godlike being capable of creation, but didn't really get to show off because the WoL is overpowered
>Seph
Strong sword guy, I guess. Supernova wasn't fucking real by the way
>Kefka
Literal God of Magic
>Fedora man
Could summon strong weapons and was immortal I guess
>Seymour
Did literally nothing of consequence lol
>Bottom left
who

He actually totally tanked the macguffins. They didn't do anything except distract him long enough for a light Kamehameha to land uninterrupted.

>he doesn't know based Vayne

>Knows Emet
>Doesn't know Vayne
How?

>Bottom left
I believe that's Mr. "everythingidoisin" Vayne Solidor.

Fedora man can also do illusions and also has the power to stop time. He can also summon literal gods like Ifrit.

We don't know how much or how little damage that did.
Nor will we ever know that. Not that it's at all relevant.

>He can also summon literal gods like Ifrit.
Fuck off XV-Kun, literally everyone else in that image can also do that.

Probably because Vayne is a very forgettable villain due to doing basically nothing besides his intro and the final ddungeon.

And Emet Selch doesn't need illusions because he can outright create shit with the snap of his fingers. He's also one of the inventors of literal god summoning.

I'm just going off what we were shown. He looked like he was fine afterwards, they didn't stick in, he didn't show signs of fatigue, and they were kind of established as an "all or nothing" thing before. Either they trap your aether or they don't.

le remember me meme man

Attached: emethoward.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

i am not xv-kun you fucking retard, not every summon is considered a lore in Final Fantasies. In ff7 they're just materia that anyone can use and in 10 they're just materialized souls of dead people who can easily be defeated.

In XV the summons ARE the gods of the world and nobody else can summon them aside from MC and Ardyn.

XV is shit fuck your boogeyman

14boy's got everyone who's not from 11 whooped at this point.

FFXIV is a popular MMO that people play.
FFXII is unfortunately a very under-appreciated classic that released near the tail end of the PS2 and SE didn't have the forethought to re-release it in any meaningful capacity until about a decade later. What should have also had a PS3 release/re-release never did.
It's the same reason why FFXI was so under-appreciated. Square/SE have also thought it a fantastic idea to release main number FF games at the end of system lifespans for some fucking god awful reason, resulting in half of them going unplayed by the majority.

considered a god in the lore of Final Fantasies**

can you really call it a boogeyman when you can just scroll up and see his autistic posts

Nice meme bro

I think Zidane, canonically. He's a damn planet destroyer.

Any asshole could theoretically summon Ifrit in XV's setting, it's just a matter of appeasing him. It's not a special power. The fact that they're "literal" doesn't change that they seem to be about equal in power/scope anyway.

Also one of those niggas can just make up new gods.

>He's a damn planet destroyer.
And yet he never does anything even close to that.

>Supernova wasn't fucking real by the way
Nice headcanon

That isn't the point. That's what he is capable of doing.

Wakka can whip a ball so hard that it kills godlike beings. This one isn't even close.

since dissidia it's kinda a thing every FF Protag has as like a default ability.

prob just an endgame ability for all

If you can't post anything XV related without getting called xv-kun unless it's "XV is garbage and Tabata can go fuck himself" then yes it is a boogeyman.

Attached: 1543244526147.jpg (752x1003, 142K)

I want to kiss her feet

Terra and Squall best

Zidane was a weapon but terra was a daughter of a summon beast

>Barry shitposts so much everyone becomes paranoid as fuck
>they start calling each other xv-kun
>Barry roams free for all eternity
>mods literally powerless in front of his ban evading, phoneposting, samefagging, xv worshiping autism

The man is literally a plague, you can't win.

Attached: 1537911177636.jpg (1400x1050, 1.35M)

>good game fuses with shit game
>they also fuse in the wrong way
>the result is a shitty failed product and we need to wait before they try the fusion again
>pic related will be the true Gotenks

This image is so accurate

Attached: True King Reclaim Your Heart.jpg (1240x720, 782K)

The real question is how is Barret gonna work. He's the only one with not only both melee and ranged weapons but all of his weapons have different functions

did they fuck?

Attached: 3f37232c2a7e0741b907ecd134fc4496.jpg (595x668, 85K)

They're not going to have his melee weapons in the game and will just replace them with ranged ones.

is this a meme i am not aware of?

and nothing of value was lost

I only like Cloud and Squall. The rest are too weeb and anime and very nerd.

He wasn't meant to destroy the fucking planet but to harvest the souls of Gaia so that it could be absorbed by Terra. The shit that Kuja does isn't reflective of Zidane potential because Kuja's trance is an artificial super trance that was attained by absorbing a bunch of souls from the Invicible which is basically a soul-harvesting ship. In fact, Kuja's trance is way stronger than Zidane since it's powered by countless souls. Zidane's superiority to Kuja comes his ability to trance naturally rather than being stronger than Kuja's super trance. Kuja's trance was never a part of Garland's design, so you can't assume that Zidane can destroy a planet because Trance Kuja can.

Look, people don't like XIII so there's absolutely no reason to use the PC version of XIII to make your point since it's rated so low because of the many game breaking bugs and being unoptimized as fuck. You're just being petty as fuck now.

I can't tell if you're baiting or not, and that makes me sad.

I only like 7 and 8. The other FF games are crap.

Nigga since the introduction of Float FF characters could fly and in FFVI Terra fucking flew in story as well.

the final hit in moves like these should honestly have the damage cap removed. that kick was as strong as all those sword swipes but took like 20x as long.

If his melee arms are still in I would guess the trade off would be higher damage but he can only use magic for ranged enemies like the others. I'd love it if they gave him a Bionic Commando arm and let him reel enemies in.

Then what's the deal with all those airships? And anyway, floating one foot off the ground is not the same thing as flying. For example, it's not called the flight status effect.

Nigga XIII is a literal hallway simulator. While XV has problems, specifically the last part of the game it is still a fucking game with towns, NPC, vehicles the works.