Might pull the trigger

The major titles interest me as well as online play, but how good is the library on this thing?
I don't want games I could easily pirate on PC.
I hacked my 3ds and am looking for more big titles I can take to work or at home in bed.
I don't mind if the mini version comes out this year, I'd just buy it and give the one I have to my siblings.

How risky is hacking it?
What are you favorite titles?

Attached: GUEST_869df002-c5e0-4b9f-9636-56332268c6cf.jpg (488x488, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ismyswitchpatched.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>but how good is the library on this thing?
Its not very large library- BUT- there are gems that are must plays. And the success of the console means Nintendo will be supporting it for years to come- meaning more exclusives and good first party games will come in the future.

Do you like indie games you already could have played on pc years ago? No? Then get a cheap wiiU until botw2 comes out

I think hacking is relatively easy. The only way you get busted is pirating.

Hacking it is very easy, but you need to have a specific serial #. If your switch is too recent it will have the exploit ipatched.
ismyswitchpatched.com/

Also if you hack it you can't go online at all. There's emunand available to play online with your legit games from system nand but it currently sucks cock and makes your pirated games on emunand load slow and have performance issues.

>not a large library
this meme gets funnier every time you parrot it

>The major titles interest me as well as online play, but how good is the library on this thing?
Did you own a Wii U? If you did then you'll be pretty underwhelmed by the library, but it's pretty good if you didn't own one.

>How risky is hacking it?
I hear you lose out on online play by hacking it so I haven't tried, but I think it's pretty safe otherwise.

>Favorite titles
Dong Freeze, BOTW, Bayo 2, Mario Odyssey, Smash, Splatoon

take your phone and verify the serial number of the switch before you buy it to make sure you can hack it

I bought one for (mostly) the future upcoming titles like RF5 and SMT5 but also for Xenoblade.

hacking is easy as shit and much easier than oldschool 3ds hacks
can emulate up to psp mostly well, ps1 games work well with oc but need a dynarec to run better, 2d sprite based games work god-tier so does chrono cross (mostly)
decide whether games like fire emblem, rune factory, smt, odyssey, splatoon, bayonetta 3, astral chain, botw 2 are something you're interested in or not

>Its not very large library-
1700 games after 2 years

m8 I have access to all of those games for free and my switch has like 2 dozen games installed. More than half of those are ports and indies.
The switch library sucks right now don't pretend otherwise.

>library is not big
>1700 games
>no these dont count

Please wait for the new switches that they will bring out.
Not that user but to be honest, I would only buy like 2 ports which I've already bought on pc. There are like 6 switch only games I would buy.
1700 games says nothing about the quality of those games, Steam got 9.6k new games last year but I wouldn't say that even 0.1% of it was worth buying.

then phrase your post better by saying there are only X games worth playing and not the library is small

>guys the switch has 1000000000 games

>only 1700
hahaha i have over 700 000 games dumbass

Attached: 61emJfgAOeL._SY445_.jpg (318x445, 51K)

don't forget all the cool upcoming video games on the switch

Attached: CTbNyFA.png (609x647, 288K)

How easy is it to hack a patched switch on a low firware? is it easy to find the games afterwards?

True, we can't forget that Super Mario maker just came out, and we have FE 3 kingdoms, Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dragon Quest XI deluxe, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sns, Panzer Dragoon remake, Zelda Links Awakening and many more coming out this year.

>inb4 another half assed attempt at deflecting
Just admit you're being retarded on purpose and we can move on.

No
I agree there are great games COMING but currently there aren't that many unique Switch games except for Xenoblade, Odyssey and Mario Maker that aren't either ports, improved ports or multiplats.
However "1700" games is a statement that only makes you look like a dummy grasping for straws to win arguments. Nobody counts 99% shovelware mobile-tier trash as proper games.

OP, buy an old used Switch that's more likely to be hackable. Either use SX OS (buy the license) with emunand or Atmosphere's free emunand and get free offline games. Then just keep the games you want to play online. If you have even an iota of thinking power you won't get banned.

>What are you favorite titles?
Ones for me to list aren't all particular to Switch only, but still ones I enjoy.
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Fairune Collection
Golf Story
Hollow Knight
Kamiko
Mario + Rabbids
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
My Big Sister
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Steamworld Dig 2 (and to a lesser extent, 1)
The Messenger
The Mummy Demastered
WarGroove
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Xeodrifter (I somehow can't keep myself from buying this)

Can't speak about hacking (haven't done it to mine). The library has some good exclusives. Xenoblade, Splatoon, Smash are good and Zelda is too if you didn't own a Wii U. A few good titles coming out this year as well. Most of the good third party games are indie titles. Cheap and very replayable. You can get a lot of it on PC, but you get the benefit of taking it anywhere (nice for flights which is what I use it for a lot). So I'd say you mostly want portable gaming then go for it. If it's exclusives then wait unless you want a lot of Wii U remasters.

>patched switch on a low firware
user, you're better off getting an unpatched console. unless your patched system is running under firmware 5.0, but as far as I know there's a lot less benefit to hacking those systems as opposed to just getting an unpatched console

it's a great system if you didnt buy a WiiU.
It's a very mediocre system, otherwise.

Would it be worth picking up Bayo 2 if I have an essentially unused (and basically no worth) copy of it for the U?

You just stated that there are no cool upcoming games by providing a picture with mostly trash and an ironic statement.

wait til they release a new one next year.

i have a 4.1

Switch now is like Steam in 2011 or 2012. A game being on it is a guarantee of certain quality, plus a handful of amazing first party games.
There are a couple games you can get on PC, but most of them inferior/incomplete versions at best.

It runs better on the Switch.

Wait for the redesign

its funny how you can literally see the thought process on the snoyfags
>S-SWITCH HAS NO GAEMS!!!
>What about these games?
>N-NO! T-THOSE DONT COUNT!!!!
>Why?
>STOP IT NINBABY! WAAH WAAH! BING BING! HAHAHAHA YOU LOSE! SONY ALWAYS WINS!
i've seen so many at this point, I already know their patterns