WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS WARN ME? I got to near the end of the game before it happened to me...

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS WARN ME? I got to near the end of the game before it happened to me. I just found out it was even a thing, and now my save is fucking ruined. Fuck you Yea Forums for recommending this game

Attached: last remnant.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lastremnant.fandom.com/wiki/Formations
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what happened to you

THE FUCKING BR SCALING GOT ME AND THE FINAL BOSSES ARE ONE SHOTTING THE FUCK OUT OF ME. I AM NOT HURTING THEM AND THEY KILL ME IN THE FIRST ROUND CAUSE YOU FUCKERS DIDN'T WARN ME ABOUT BR SCALING

If you are playing the PC Version then you are exaggerating. Only the 360 version had this brutally implemented.

You can still scale things quite high on PC, but it isn't nearly as broken.

Note that some sidequests in the game also independently scale up the final boss encounter...

>THE FUCKING BR SCALING GOT ME
More like you have absolutely garbage equipment.
Where does your morale bar starts?

Also, Roeas and Castanea will fuck your butthole independently of BR, they're built that way, you also have no idea of how BR actually work so I suggest you take a chill pill and learn where you're actually going full retard before blaming the game on your shortcoming.
I hope you don't expect a SaGa final boss to go easy on you too.

Before I answer your dumb question. Prove to me that you even understand how scaling works in this game. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't even play the game.

You don't know how BR scaling works on this game, quit pretending.

talk to me when you're dealing with Rank 8 True Conqueror and only then

literally do not know how it's possible to fuck up that bad on PC version, the BR scaling stops at a really low point. what end game bosses are we talking here? because if it's Gates of Hell that's not even remotely endgame.

If you played the PC or PS4 versions then git fucking gud, I finished the fucking game while grinding for weapons like a madman.

>no u
>an u don play geam
I've played the entire series and I've been playing this game since a decade you fucking retard, if you don't know how BR works you better at least ask nicely before making a fool out of yourself.
Now answer my question and tell me how's your morale bar at the start of the battle.

Attached: 1561989872858.jpg (640x640, 33K)

IRON WILL

>tfw I think this is a genuinely underrated gem but it's impossible to talk about here because a) delisted on steam b) that fucking "the dorf fortress of JRPGs" idiot copypasta and c) Yea Forums doesn't play video games
i just want to be able to brag about beating the enlightened seven and have it mean something, y'know?

Attached: The_Enlightened_Seven_Artwork.jpg (700x1020, 233K)

why does scaling matter? aren't you at the cap anyway?

Attached: 1554840106699.jpg (403x214, 30K)

>My union is using a WA anyway

Attached: 1561908355120.jpg (1004x684, 131K)

>that fucking "the dorf fortress of JRPGs"

Attached: 1546225511482.png (526x700, 486K)

It doesn't, he's a fucking retard who's played like garbage for the entire game and is now getting filtered by Roeas and her boytoy.
Heaven forbid he fights the Absolute Conqueror or the White Conqueror to see what a real hard boss looks like.

What is "BR" scaling?
Is he referring to the fact that the more you level the harder this game becomes?

Gates of Hell / Jaeger+Lob Omen is the ultimate casual filter, because the game will literally, irreparably bar you from progressing if you fucked up.

Attached: file.png (511x611, 521K)

this retarded bullshit that's both built on the 360 version and also overblown hyperbole
and since no one here plays video games, every single thread is full of "ISN'T THIS THE GAME THAT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU USE A WIKI AND DON'T FIGHT ANY BATTLES?!"

Attached: 8vsd9pB.jpg (990x3130, 521K)

It's the battle rank mechanic SaGa games use.
>Is he referring to the fact that the more you level the harder this game becomes
Doesn't work that way at all, BR isn't level scaling, it works precisely because BR scales independently of your gains.

Is the PS4 version the PC version or the 360 version? Been meaning to pick it up to support it, but I refuse to ever play the 360 version again.

Based Jaeger

Attached: Based Jager.jpg (523x161, 15K)

give me your save and I'll prove you're just a weak ass faggot who doesn't know how to play this game

best bro, always made him a squad leader
I'm honestly a little disappointed how big the PC nerf was, I never had trouble with him or Gates

>Game has litterally no reasons to grind since it scales with you.
>Grind like a tard
>MUH THE GAME IS TOO DIFFICULT

Jesus christ i wish all jrpgs werent grindfiestas as this is but you drooling idiots would have trouble with everything.

>get True Conqueror down to half health
>he chucks away his sword and starts punching you in the dick for 5000+ damage

Attached: 1549042102656.jpg (162x211, 26K)

Who was your favorite squad leader?

Attached: 2013-03-02_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 460K)

lmao shit game

Most jrpg have 0 reason grind, some losers still do because they can and they're fucking faggots

Fucking love it
Caedmon
Jorgen
Torgal
Douk of Ghor
Jaeger
Young
Maddox
Zolean
Roberto
Nora

Attached: There's no kill like overkill.webm (700x392, 2.92M)

Nora for blackouts all day erry day
Hinnah for Seduction
Based Jaeger for Schiavona/Beowulf/Lob Omen
Khyrnia for, like, everything, っと

Attached: will suck dick for gold.jpg (800x800, 111K)

I remember that feeling from the White Conqueror. "Hah, I already beat the base run and know his moveset." Fucker pulls out all those moves I've never seen before.

Attached: 2013-03-10_00012.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

>BR scaling
You're playing 360 version?

How do I avoid getting fucked like OP when I play this game? Will be playing the original pc release, not 360

Just play PC version and enjoy the game, that's all.

>Nora
>Khrynia

Fellow men of culture, I see.

Attached: 2013-03-04_00005.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

White Conqueror is basically "bad end" Conqueror but with Absolute Conqueror stats, save for his HP, which is actually around half of the AC's value.
He uses all the Remnants his final boss version would get if you fail the quests related to those in the normal game, if you never saw the Conqueror using those is because you completed all the related quest and went in the "good end" version of the boss.
Just don't be a moron, if it's your first SaGa game it's going to be rough no matter what since you'll need to adjust to the general mechanics quite a bit.
The trick is not wasting time grinding meaningless little shits, always fight at a disadvantage by chaining as much as possible and upgrade your equipment constantly instead of grinding character stats, all the more subtle particulars will come naturally with experience and practice.

I'm stuck on True Conker Rank 8 right now, I made the mistake of doing At Hatred's End for completionist's sake and gave him an extra free start of turn AoE. I'm just not getting enough opportunities to get my wards up or I barge right into triggers and eat shit. Got him down to 20% once but then ate a War God at half health and wiped.

Ah well, I at least am pretty sure it's possible with my current party. Gonna go back and try Whitey afterwards.

The amount of parroting and misinformation about this game during its peak popularity was insane. I honestly didn't know that the original BR scaling was a bug until someone mentioned it in a thread the other day, and I probably put at least 5-600 hours into the game between 360 and PC. I based all my playthroughs around the knowledge of my first (360) one because I never saw anybody say it was fixed, I bet anyone trying to bring up that it was a bug was drowned out by a bunch of other people screaming to not grind.

>enemy scaling
shit game design. I avoid shit games who do this. sadly it is extremely wide spread

it's pretty hard to irreparably fuck up the PC version. as a general tip though, chain together as many monsters as you can handle, and if you're not getting multiple stat ups, don't even bother fighting until you get to a higher level area. the exception is always rare (green name) monsters, those guys are always good.

fight the strong, ignore the weak. you don't get anything from fighting trash.

I liked Nora's story and character, she' pretty strong too, and a reference to the old Nora from RS3, although she is better than TLR Nora by virtue of being a big musclegirl.

Literally any and all RPGs have enemy scaling, I guess you don't like RPGs.

I remember playing this game and losing my save around the Fallen. Was dual wielding Rush any good or did I get memed?

Not him and I'm only 10 hours in, but other people who've played through the game assured me that the scaling issue only ever existed in the prepatch 360 version and the almost all complaints about broken scaling are just people being bad at the game while losing to standard SaGa difficulty.

Rush is good at anything you'd like, so yes.

>Literally any and all RPGs have enemy scaling
wrong

I went lmao2kat Rush and he does stupid amounts of damage with weapon arts, and the Ninja class is pretty good for free back attacks. It's pretty hard to make Rush suck unless you're David EYYYYY

>Being retarded.
I bet you think those level 1 slimes are the same of those Level 70 dragons.

Thanks for the explanation about his moveset. Back then I wondered, why they'd bother to include all those cool remnant summons just for a side boss. The fight I enjoyed immensely. Demigod and Lost Remnant, now those two made me rage like there's no tomorrow, until I finally managed to get Cahexia onto enough squad leaders.

Attached: 2469009.jpg (550x843, 225K)

Spoilers please. I beat GoH and my team has max 15 units per fight. When and where is the final upgrade? Is 18 units max, or can I have more? It's been a while since my X360 playthrough and I forgot.
Playing the Switch version.

Also, Pagus kicks ass with his Blackout!

looks like I can cross the last remnant off my backlog now

you are the fucking retard

enemy scaling means the exact same enemies scale based on the player's level or tasks completed. for example in wow, where even a small level gap between you and the enemy makes a ridiculous difference. or even worse, borderlands 2, where already 1-2 levels break the game.

WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY

>Spoiler
>When and where is the final upgrade?
Second part of the game, you'll get it very soon from the point you're in now.
>Is 18 units max, or can I have more?
18 max.

Attached: Stop using weapon arts.jpg (301x334, 43K)

After Fornstrad which is just a little ways into disc 2. You can blow through straight to that event, it doesn't take long and you won't lock out any sidequests.

sadly it's 18 max, I wish it was 20 because muh autism hates having unequal parties.

>THIS ENEMY SCALING ISN'T SCALING BECAUSE I SAID SO
Good thing that Battle Rank doesn't work by your stupid standards either.

Something I loved about LR was the notion that you could bring a small army to your fights, at least compared to the 3-5 chumps that usually get talked into saving the world. If the fate of the world is in your hands, then fucking bring along appropriate numbers. "What was that? We're doomed if you lose this fight? Well, good luck then. I see you already have 3 companions in your party, so I'll chill at the base while you take care of things. Wouldn't want the battlefield to get too crowded, right?"

Git gud

Attached: rmt.png (299x102, 38K)

You are so unbelievably wrong it's clear you have never in your life played an RPG that wasn't made by Bethesda.

Oh yes, that is my next (story) destination. Thanks!
I should grind for stats in that tower in the desert, yes?

as someone with a thing for big parties I feel that, I suppose balancing most conventional games for lots of people is tricky but then again I suspect most games don't even bother trying.

fuck, I just want to take my 20 good men/women/robots/half-angel-half-demons/small furry things and save the world, why is this so goddamn rare?

>Back then I wondered, why they'd bother to include all those cool remnant summons just for a side boss.
If you look at them they're all the Remnants from the capital cities, like the Tao Tie in Balterossa or the Emet Tag in Royotia, if you fail the quests related to those, like the fight against the Mantroskilo, then the Conqueror will steal those Remnants, if you go back to those cities you'll see how those Remnants aren't there anymore and the cities also have the BGM changed to the one that is used in Athlum after the Conqueror steals the Valeria Heart.
Roeas and Castanea also use the Brimuslabus Seal remnant if you complete the questline related to the Fallen, they're the ones who get it after Leshau gives it to the Academy, which is controlled by Wagram.
It's all part of the story, it's really no coincidence or just there to look cool.

>level 29
>enemies are level 15 and you one-shot them
>level 30
>enemies are level 55 they one-shot you

Last Remnant is a crowning example of truly shit game design. I still find it weird that such a broken bullshit game was ever released.

Literally all RPGs have enemies that scale, this is an undeniable fact
>inb4 B...BUT ONLY BETHESDA TIER LEVEL SCALING COUNTS
Nigger.

Except none of that happens.
How do you even tie your shoes in the morning?

This is true, any RPG that automatically makes enemies stronger because your party got stronger is absolute shit and the designer is a moron who doesn't understand the reason RPGs have levels to begin with HOWEVER Last Remnant has an especially broken version of level scaling where it's not smooth progression but rather ridiculous jumps that can, at arbitrary moments, turn you easily murdering enemies into them easily murdering you because you passed some arbitrary threshold. It's in its own league of bad design.

see

Even the threads are cryptic as fuck. No wonder Last Remnant fags are called out in JRPG game design threads.

absolutely, it's the best grindan spot in the game if you don't want to do that one tedious landworm fest grind. you can get a 600+ battle chain easy in there with mad stat gains every fight.

if there's any party members you want to grab, do so before hitting up the tower. definitely do The Fated One (Emmy's quest) to open up a new guild so you can grab Jager, he's amazing but doesn't have much in the way of arts when you get him.

Either you're playing the significantly harder xbox version or you're an absolute brainlet. This game is ezpz on PC.

Except it doesn't work that way at all.

Is the 360 version as bullshit as everyone makes it out to be or is it just retards overreacting

No they don't you unbelievable retard. In most RPGs enemies simply are what they are, they have a certain set of stats per type that never changes, and a certain type appears in a given area that never changes, and neither of these is affected by how powerful your party is. You can go to an area at level 10 and meet level 9 orcs, and then later return to that area at level 200 and still see the exact same level 9 orcs. This is how almost all (99.99%) of RPGs ever made for any platform work. This is not level scaling.

Level scaling is when the enemy's strength is directly dependent on your own party's strength, so in that same example those level 9 orcs would have been replaced with level 199 orcs (or anmother level 199 enemy). This is extremely rare in RPGs, basically only Bethesda does it. And yes, this is wrong design.

That's not even how it works though. Enemies get incremental creeps based on your BR which is the game's way of tracking how many battles you did. If you have a really high BR then the game expects you to have an appropriate team. IIRC enemies also have a soft cap for how hard they can scale too so if you're dying then it means that you fought a lot of battles and didn't equip your team properly.

When I first played this game back on Xbox 360 I has absolutely no knowledge about the game and what to do. Hell, I didn't even know you can change the arts if you pick different target. I had no idea what the hell is BR and I often fight countless unnecessary fights with almost none rewards (if the form of stats upgrade) and I still beat the game. Why are you lying?

The problem on the xbox version is you're forced to use scrubs whereas in the PC version you can fill your party almost entirely (if not entirely) with the commander class party members.

>all this internal consistency
I'm honestly a little confused at how poorly this game did, it hits all the right notes in a ton of ways but it's just missing that extra something to make it really great.

I mean, quirky evil miniboss squad that you first do assorted quests for as introductions, then fight one on one in a boss rush as part of the plot, then later unlock an optional fight against all of them but they're superpowered? That is some good shit right there. But it's just, I dunno. Missing something. Don't know if I'm making sense here.

>things that aren't fucking true
please
i beg of you
inform yourself before you speak
take like 5 minutes to read up on how the old 360 version worked, the bugs, and how the remake does not do that.
you're obviously willing to spend time shitposting in this thread, it's not like you're busy.

Will do!

My current crew members are
>Rush, Baulson, Caedmon, Glenys, Emmy
>Pagus, Loki, Blocter, Megeleus, Hematea
>David, McGrady, Torgal, Faye, Nora

and I have Allan and Paris in reserve. BR is 38, which is not that bad.

Where's Violet you dingus she is top tier ojou
That's honestly a pretty low BR, I guess you haven't been doing literally everything?

I finished 44 quests, but true, few of them were about that witch.

Attached: IMG_20190707_205226.jpg (3264x1840, 1.4M)

This is the team. Sorry for bad pic quality, it's night and lighting fucks up my pics.

Attached: IMG_20190707_205351.jpg (1840x3264, 1.09M)

If you go back to Celapalais and do a couple questies there you can get yourself two solid characters for virtually no effort. Plus it opens up a new guild for shittons of free money and items.

That's a pretty nifty detail. Gotta love all the missable stuff in the game. Something I always thought cool was the linked quests in the Great Subterrane, "The Hero" and "The War Of A Thousand Years". You can do each on their own, one dealing with a "monster" of legends that reappeared, the other with the "hero" who slew the monster, returning himself as a monster to be put down. Both are fought in the same area and if you manage to have both quests active, then the monster and the hero will battle each other like in the legend, with you entering the fight as a 3rd party. Though I still wish they had made some mechanics less obscure. I only found out about the class system and how it works after I first finished the game and took a thorough look at the wiki. Some sort of progress bar or advancement tree would have been nice, to at least give you an idea that there's something you could work towards.

Attached: 2315865.jpg (600x783, 199K)

>In most RPGs enemies simply are what they are, they have a certain set of stats per type that never changes
Except pallette swaps are literally scaled enemies under a very thin disguise.
>and a certain type appears in a given area that never changes, and neither of these is affected by how powerful your party is.
Yeah, and how you get stronger and explore more remote parts of the world the enemies SCALE with you, and in a very arbitrary way too if you want to be picky, but boy I sure do enjoy those snow wolves being stronger that those exact same gray wolves I encountered ten hour prior, it's not like the enemies are SCALING with your progress, no sir.
>Level scaling is when the enemy's strength is directly dependent on your own party's strength
That's simply another kind of scaling you happen to not like, and it's also a good thing this isn't the case for TLR or SaGa games in general.

The "white" guild you mean, the one that opens after you do quests for old rich guy? Did it. Or is there another one?

The only thing that ever annoyed me about this game is the utterly insane amount of missable content.

The 360 version didn't work like that either, bugs or not.
Battle Rank IS NOT LEVEL SCALING.

I heard the PS4 and Switch version have a new balance from the PC version.
What's changed?

Yeah, you basically need a wiki open next to you the entire game. Or at least until the waterway.

Oh, I guess you did it but didn't recruit her. Don't mind me then, I'm just butthurt about mah girl not getting used. Carry on then, you'll probably be fine. I'd ditch your generics like McGrady for named characters if I were you, but if it works, it works.

Just talk to a bartender, any bartender in any city, and they'll tell you what quest is open and where. Do so after every main plot segment you do. Dragon's Dogma is honestly worse since it doesn't have even that much.

Note taken, will recruit her.

At least DD doesn't have special enemies spawning on fucking these specific conditions.

You're probably missing the usual cutscene fest from other JRPGs, which TLR and SaGa in general almost completely avoid, if anything TLR was also very cutscene heavy given the series' standard.
The game actually has a lot of attention to details and very rich worldbuilding, but 90% of that flies over people's heads because it's not told through hour of ebin cutscenes.
Most people don't realize that Wagram is the first Imperator either, because the only way to get some snippet of the implication is paying attention to what he says throughout the game and completing both the large chain of quests in Balterossa and the Fallen's quest in Baaluk, AND putting all the implications together.
>Something I always thought cool was the linked quests in the Great Subterrane, "The Hero" and "The War Of A Thousand Years". You can do each on their own, one dealing with a "monster" of legends that reappeared
That chain of quest (which is all about Queen Flaumello really) has also one major implication a lot of people tend to miss, which is Glenys' real identity.

Not the guy you're responding to but I'd like to know how morale works. I wanna play this sometime, I've been playing Saga 2 on PC and enjoying it.

>spoiler
Yeah I caught that thanks to the end of the Flaumello Tower quest, it's weird how much of a grandstanding little bitch he is despite that. Maybe the japs think the fan stuff is cool but compared to El Conquerino he looks like a wuss. It was pretty neat, though. I think you're right, there's so much that was left purely up to the player to find and figure out, whereas many JRPGs are so desperate to make sure you got every last unsubtle implication that they'll spell out everything.

You might think she's a healbitch but she hits like a truck with some work on her combat arts.

It's kind of a complex mechanic if you want to go into particulars so I'll try to condense it as best as I can.
There's two kinds of Morale, GLOBAL Morale (The big bar on top of the screen) and UNION Morale, the small orange vertical bar in your Union's window.

GLOBAL Morale is a general multiplier that acts on both sides of the fields, high morale means you'll do more damage, have better chances at evasion and so on, conversely, low morale is basically a big global debuff, you'll take more damage, deal less damage, miss more often etc. it's basically a big buff bar.
Morale can be influenced by various things, terminating a union, triggering criticals, flanking, using WA or certain morale centric skills like Psionics boosts morale on the side that triggers these effects, be it your side or the enemies, additionally, enemy reinforcements lower your morale and your BR range also influences your starting morale, fighting a high BR enemy at low BR means you start with lower morale, conversely fighting the same enemy but at a higher BR range means you start with progressively higher morale on your side.

UNION Morale handles how your specific union performs, most importantly, it handles the occurrency of Weapon/Unique Art triggers, if you deal damage then your Union morale will rise, but if you receive damage your Union morale will fall, and every time you use a Weapon/Unique Art your Union Morale will be reset to zero.

Glad you're enjoyind Romancing SaGa 2 too, and remember to call it like that since SaGa 2 is another game in the series, this is a bit misleading and causes needless bitching.

I feel like replaying it again but then I haven't pirated shit in ages and these retards pulled it from Steam.
I would probably lose my fucking mind anyways by grinding some shit I want midgame.

As far as mass appeal goes, I think there's 2 major factors. First was the poor XBox version, whose stigma then mostly stuck with the game, even when the pc version fixed the balancing and technical issues. Second, I think the game made many of its cool as fuck mechanics too obscure or too cumbersome to use for its own good. I think it would have done better if they had offered a "normalfag mode" with UI interfaces that, for instance, tell you how far along you are to get to certain class, a progress bar to see how far along a certain character is towards learning a certain spell, a statistics page that helps you see what perks there are to certain formations. Take pic related, which I once made based on wiki info, just to have some tool that shows me all my available options with the formations I found and people I have gathered. Imagine you'd have to find that out on your own without the wiki. And even with the tool, I still had a ton of fun, since I had to find all those people and unlock all those formations. If people had such "help" from within the game, I think it would have sparked an addictive drive to tinker with your loadout, try different classes, develop characters differently, once you knew what was possible. For those who don't want those convenience of life help, there could still be an "I want the SaGa experience" blindfold mode. Same for the material hunting for weapons. Good luck finding those special bosses that only appear once in a blue moon in a dungeon. It's an exercise in attrition. Why not offer purchasable guild infos on how to trigger their appearance, or some lure that you have to craft? That would have gone a long way to make the game and it's mechanics more approachable, yet still challenging and fun. I love the game dearly, but it's an acquired taste and wouldn't have been possible without the wiki.

Attached: lrfh.jpg (1138x1030, 509K)

>it's weird how much of a grandstanding little bitch he is despite that
Well, he is who he is.
It's actually very interesting when taken into context since his purpose isn't actually villainous and in the end the game tells you he was pretty much right all along, especially once you deal with the Fallen and see the effects of the remnants on people and the planet.
What's even more interesting is how the narrative further alters your view on the character when you also factor the entire story about Queen Flaumello and the Marshall clan, so he's a pretty interesting character all in all.
Though as all SaGa games answering questions with more questions, you have to wonder how he learned true magic, but considering he was basically a demigod badass wielding a dozen of remnants including his very own Getter 2, it's not really that surprising, makes you wonder how insanely powerful he was at his prime given how he supposedly fought and sealed the Fallen on his own.

>PC Version then you are exaggerating
It isn't full on broken like the 360 version, but it is heavily affected by the problem. If OP actually did make it to the end game, he can grind gear and other things on the PC version.

woah holy shit, there's indepth information on what formations actually do these days? i seem to remember some crazy people on gamefaqs really going at it but formations were a bit unclear back then.

It's basically this page here and the stuff when you click on a formation:

lastremnant.fandom.com/wiki/Formations

I just grew tired of trying to figure out which of those I could do with the people I had at my disposal.

Considering I've played through the game 3 times now and have yet to see about half of those formations I'm inclined to agree. Yeah, a little more transparency would go a long way. The "guild quests required to rank up in a guild so you can open up the guild quests that give you items that make certain monsters now drop previously unavailable items that you need to upgrade weapons" bit would probably be where I draw the line.

Shame, because it seems like the story and characters were tweaked to deliberately appeal to the west, I remember reading the Conqueror specifically was made for that. The lack of uguu forced love interests (unless you could Dave), relatively restrained character designs, actual beast races and not people with cat ears, etc. I dunno, it just feels like the kind of thing that ought to have been wholeheartedly embraced by people put off by the direction JRPGs like Compile Heart shovelware seem to be going.

And yeah, the Gates of Hell filter trauma really stuck, didn't it.

Regarding those spoilers, I always thought, there would have been plenty of material to make a prequel to LR as a followup game, maybe playing as the first emperor and performing all those feats you learn about as ancient history in LR, with all those Remnants in full bloom. The ending, of course, would be bittersweet or similar to Empire Strikes Back in tone, as we already know where things will be heading, but with a spark hope.

Hah, I knew you would chicken out. Pathetic.

>oh no the game gets hard if your BR raises too much
>oh it looks like enemy strength caps out eventually
>oh it looks like you can continue to improve your party even after your BR is maxed out

The problem isn't grinding too much. The problem is you retards aren't grinding enough.

Attached: 1562208655272.png (1405x1047, 1.15M)

This.

Not gonna happen, SaGa doesn't make sequels or prequels so abandon that hope.
Morons are too stupid even for that, 99% of the problems come from idiots who literally never upgrade their equipment, plan their unions or just learn the very basics of combat and then blame it all on some mystical "level scaling" that doesn't even exist in the first place.

>b) that fucking "the dorf fortress of JRPGs" idiot copypasta

Sentiments have actually cooled regarding that. More and more people are realizing its nothing more than an empty hyperbolic meme.

>not looping the desert tower 2 or 3 times to get 900+ battle chains and one billion new skills
these limp-wristed fags probably don't even Spring Squall V

>Not gonna happen

Yeah, I know. It was just a long standing pipe dream of mine, as I thought the game mechanics themselves were really good and would have loved to revisit a game with them, but with some of the rough edges, mostly regarding party management and material hunting, straightened out. It was just so damn cool to see your fully filled unions work together like clockwork, once you figured out how to put them together and train them, to make desirable commands pop up and see it work out beautifully.

Thanks for the explanation, sorry about the name confusion. I'm also really wanting to play Romancing SaGa 3 and Scarlet Grace. I was thrilled when it was on the last Nintendo Direct and getting localized. I just hope the translation is less barebones than the Romancing 2 one.

Different enemies in different areas = Not level scaling you idiot. You are a fucking retard and you have absolutely no idea what the term means, yet you still think you can talk about it. Fuck off.

Level scaling is a specific mechanic that refers to enemies getting stronger BECAUSE you got stronger. Direct cause and effect between the two. The game literally detects that the player's party got more powerful and replaces enemies he would fight with stronger ones. What you're talking about is separate events of player getting more powerful and finding more powerful enemies (in areas he hasn't been to before). That is NOT level scaling, that is just what you do in RPGs normally. You are a stupid fucking bitch.

>Something I always thought cool was the linked quests in the Great Subterrane, "The Hero" and "The War Of A Thousand Years". You can do each on their own, one dealing with a "monster" of legends that reappeared, the other with the "hero" who slew the monster, returning himself as a monster to be put down. Both are fought in the same area and if you manage to have both quests active, then the monster and the hero will battle each other like in the legend, with you entering the fight as a 3rd party.

Is that the quest where the monster in question is a ghost that disappears and reappears whenever you try to get close?

You should play the rest of the series then.
TLR's union gimmick is unique to that game, but in general, the entire framework is an elaboration of an original concept introduced in Romancing SaGa 3, which Takai designed back in the days, TLR is basically Takai making his dream SaGa game and reelaborate what he created in RS3, the Commander mode system in there works like the Union system, but you only have one union to control, for some things it's actually deeper too, since you have special techs or magic for each formation, and specific party member behaviour matters a bit more in RS3 than TLR.
As for the rest, crafting and material hunting is actually a simplified version of what previous games had, crafting in TLR is very simple, but at the same time very tedious due to the existence of magazine and mandatory rare hunt drops, which is one of the worst decisions ever made in the entire series, and again, something that to an extent Takai already tried to introduce in RS3.

>playing JRPGs
Fucking retard. One of my friends shilled this trash pretty hard, so I played it for 1.5 hours and uninstalled because it's fucking SHIT. I'm never touching any piece of JRPG garbage ever again.
>NO leveldesign or exploration whatsoever
>DOGSHIT "select attack from the list and watch garbage cutscene" combat
>DOGSHIT anime tier characters and "story"
>DOGSHIT setting consisting of random "cool looking" shit slapped together
>DOGSHIT progression and equipment system
FUCK JRPGS.

Attached: 1522319971061.jpg (249x249, 14K)

>(unless you could Dave)

You always could Dave.

Do not sexualize Daviddo-sama

Attached: Depravity.jpg (462x377, 108K)