Wow classic is already forgotten

>Wow classic is already forgotten
>the hype is gone
>literally zero threads about wow classic
>OSRS IS STILL ALIVE
>literally getting more popular everday
>Will bet my fucking account that rs3 has more players then wow currently
>mfw wow classic beta is dead.

Attached: laughing bob.png (1637x1080, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=142/third-party-client-update?oldschool=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You thought you wanted it, but you didn't.

anyone here with a max rs3 and osrs account?

Utterly fucking based OSRS chad

got a comp cape in rs3 and done with all quest,achivement and diaries in osrs. almost max there

Attached: Throne of fame.png (716x629, 741K)

why do put stuff on their wrists, makes no sense

I hear people talking about classic wow all the time, I have resubbed to wow and met multiple people in the last couple days online saying they're gonna play classic too. Is this gonna be another era of delusional poorfag runescape babbys pretending their game is relevant or on the same level as wow? Also would love to take your money OP, if you reall are that stupid

>jagex trying to add mtx
this isnt going to end well

poor wowfags... how does it feel to be already forgotten ?

GIVE ME 2009 SCAPE NOWW

Attached: 1561779004101.jpg (705x527, 77K)

Cope

>not 2011 scape
>melee is top tier
>range and magic is decent
>pvp is fucking dangerous and you can literally just die by randomly walking in the wilderness
>korsai is fucking OP
>ANCIENT PRAYER

That's truly incredible dude. I've been playing off and on since 2004 and I've never been good at this game.

>runescape
>bot economy
Yea, nah

I really wish I had a high level account in 2005 or even 2006.

Sure mate

Attached: Good old days.jpg (272x186, 21K)

yep, im mainly play causal in osrs, but im so close just missing 195 hours of runecrafting :D

>casual
>just missing 195 hours

What the fucking fuck is this game.

Attached: What the.jpg (300x168, 8K)

At least it seems like most of the community sees through the bullshit. Even r*ddit was screeching about mtx instead of whiteknighting like normal

>It's all bots and a single player pve game
>Clans run the game by using scams and hacking high level players for their bank
>Jagex literally too pussy to ban the clan that ddosed two Deadman modes just to win and split the pot
>They even have a statue in game for them
>They had a corrupt actual developer in their clan that leaked Rev caves secret of being skilled increases loot before it was ever public knowledge
>Whole clan locks down Rev caves in 2k total world and just farming millions of gp
>Jagex too scared to do anything to them

Should I go on about how trash this flash game is?

wow loser. so pathetic, so forgotten.

This is why I never got into the big picture of Runescape in oldschool. I just treat the game like a single player game.

Yeah I played for a bit a couple summers ago and the only time I genuinely had fun was when I botted 8 hours a day and made millions fishing. Then I just did whatever I wanted until it got boring.

I've relogged in since ORS launched, what do I do now. I've only done a few quests about lvl 21. Fucked up building my pure though lvl 3 defence, oh well.

I got some more if you still haven't realized the games trash yet.

>Jagex won't remove authenticator delay
>Won't hide poll results
>Only ever update one skill slayer and make it the most profitable skill so everyone will only do that
>Make skills take an ass load of time to max just so people keep paying
>Best in slot cape is locked behind a mini game that less than probably 5% of players can do if that many
>Jagex breaking down looking for ways to squeeze players out of more money just look at the new partnership poll
>People who gets accounts hacked have to rely on Twitter and reddit to get their account back and half the time it only happens for really stacked accounts good luck if reddit doesn't up vote you
>Brazilians run emblem farming bot farms and Jagex wont bother to fix it
>Gold is the cheapest its ever been due to so many bot farms
If you need any more feel free to let me know. Osrs is just a habit forming game with no real pay off.

You forgot
>twitter is their customer service

>osrs account got hacked and used for botting

>decide to log in after some months and its banned

shit

>>won't hide poll results
They've been hidden for a while now. How long has your butthurt been festering. The biggest problem is that the entire game is more or less ran by a shitty subreddit that actively tries to destroy the game. Warding will probably be the final nail in the coffin.

pretty sure polls are hidden...

Based, OSRS is still one of my fav games. I use the og client for my main and runelite for my alt since I won't care too much if the stories of runelite getting you banned are true.

the wave of people who were originally hyped for WoW classic jumped ship when they realized it had sharding

That happened to me and I got it back by appealing. Whoever was using it leveled some of my stats too that I got to keep.

all garbage additions/changes, especially korasi.

If he's wrong then why can't you prove his claims to be false?

and also
>reddit is their entire playerbase and also their customer service

>runescape
>game
Cookie clicker is not a game.

Attached: 1562416929060.png (900x768, 353K)

Been playing for years on the Runelite client, not a single ban or anything that comes closely to that.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Layering isn't sharding and it's already confirmed to be on launch only.

blizzard's twitch pandering killed it off

I've been wondering about that. What happened to the regular home threads?

Attached: 1550138656039.png (276x254, 102K)

800+ hours is indermediate
2k+ and youre starting to get good

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (951x277, 308K)

i played osrs for like 6 months, did almost all quests, got fletching cape and 70+ stats on almost all skills
then i realized im about to waste shittons of time on this and quit, hopefully for good this time

Mods moved them to /vg/.

>something not even released is forgotten and dead
Look, kids. Just stop talking. You're too stupid to exist.

You're right you got me. One point was wrong out of like fifteen. It's such a great game now. Truly the best of all time.

Hey remember that time osrs devs barely make more than minimum wage to work on a game that profits 50m euros every year and ash gave woox ten thousand euros because he didn't break any rules but ate purple sweets in the fog to win dmm and jagwx dqed him but there were no rules about that because jagex is ran by monkeys?

OH yeah did you also know jagex is owned by the Chinese because they were making no money and sold out.

Oh yeah and how about the fact even though rs3 is a complete cash shop fuck fest you can't simultaneously play osrs and rs3 even though they're both in the same sub.

Hey remember that guy that shit himself going for rank 1 smithing and sat in his own shit and wasn't even close to rank 1.

>it's already confirmed to be on launch only.
It was actually going to be at launch and only in the starting zones when they unveiled it at blizzcon. Now it's going to be "until phase 2" which is several months after release, and will also be the ENTIRE CONTINENT, not just the starting zones.

How much would you like to bet they don't get rid of it at phase 2 and push it back? "Server stability issues?" "Time constraints?" "We'll fix it eventually?"

Blizzard doesn't even have their own in-house servers anymore. They use sharding because it's cheaper to deploy and terminate cloud servers instead of buying a powerful in-house server for their entire game because some areas and zones are naturally going to be dead and some will always be extremely active. It's more efficient and cheaper but it kills any hope of a persistent world.

I seriously hope you take everything Actiblizz says with a grain of salt, especially after they fucking lied about it already.

secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=142/third-party-client-update?oldschool=1

see you in about 2 months

Blizzard had to lay off some more employees in their viral marketing department.

There is way more to it than clicking. Pretty much all of the appeal is the interacting with the world and players, which is why I stopped playing. I don't think you can replicate the magic of 2007 simply by copying the game features more or less exactly how they were and releasing it again.

I still remember running into one of my classmates by complete chance doing the ghost quest together in Lumby. That shit was magical, everyone played it. You can't recapture that.

Attached: 1542423262619.png (1258x2560, 1.83M)

>OSRS IS STILL ALIVE
>literally getting more popular everday
looks like its dying to me lmao
especially now that jagex is seriously considering adding paid promotions lately

Attached: Untitled.png (261x475, 25K)

>May 2018
This was a year ago when RL was gaining massive popularity and gave users the option of making their own scripts without them being screened by the RL team. The result was people making bots in Runelite.

Popular third party clients don't get banned. Jagex are fucking slaves to people who make them because if they decide to do a blanket ban, they ban a majority of their playerbase since those who use the vanilla client are the minority. OSBotty was getting away with more and more overpowered plugins before RuneLite came along, such as left clicking altars for bones and Jagex didn't do shit about that.

RuneLite won't get you banned these days. Jagex knows what the popular clients are and makes sure not to fuck with them regardless of how retarded they are.

Show me a source that it won't get you banned that's been posted by Jagex themselves in the past few months.

Why does it have to be from the past few months? They said a year ago that they wouldn't ban people for using third party clients. What makes you think they have changed their mind?

In the past few months Runelite has continued to operate as opposed to 2018 when he was to cease developing for it, so something has changed.

jagex has always said "use third party clients at your own risk" that doesn't change the fact that a vast majority of their players use them, including top streamers with whom they have partnerships with.

they said they wanted to shut runelite down initially but they had so much backlash that they decided to make them change their policy on allowing anyone to make plugins for it, and now it's been the most popular client for a year.

Attached: file.png (1789x391, 719K)

>people calling runescape with 3d player models "oldschool"

Attached: sent_the_fix.png (500x439, 116K)

I never had the chance to try Runescape back in the days of old. My first MMO experience was Epic Duel and Adventure Quest, but nobody gives a shit about them

Attached: 1522885047996.jpg (750x721, 114K)

I used to play AQ and Dragon Quest all the time.

whatever blizzlet project manager is in charge of classic probably forgot to renew the contract with Pajeet & Pajeet Viral Marketing Inc.. they'll be back in a couple weeks for the launch run-up.

If that's true, then Classicfags are lucky that they won't have to see their legacy server ruined like Jagex and reddit ruined OSRS

>Game is called "Old School Runescape"
>"what the hell stop calling it old school it's clearly 2007 which is 12 years old but not old school, now RuneScape classic? that was old school."

my man

literally on the verge of being killed off by Jagex's greedy investors with MTX.

just let me bitch about how old i am you fucknut

old school runescape is shit it's a mobile phone game. it's a single player game you're tricked into thinking is actually an mmo because you see other people's avatars do things sometimes. in this regard, dark souls is an mmo.

Osrs isn't fun its just a time vaccum or something to have on in the background while you watch videos.

I have really no experience with RS in the slightest, but recently have been messing around with a free to play account in both OS and 3. Can someone tell me if, as a new player with no nostalgia or investment, there is any reason to play OSRS over 3? first impressions seem to be that 3 runs and plays alot better

>Made my first RS account in 2002
>It’s been 17 fucking years

>so something has changed.
Yeah the project lead removed the tools used to deobfuscate osrs code from the repo and removed plugins that jagex deemed to be gamebreaking and that was the end of that.

The original has been called Classic ever since Runescape 2 was released. Why would people suddenly start calling it Oldschool?

3 is too easy and is riddled with MTX. OSRS has better quests, activities, bosses and level progression, and for now, no MTX besides bonds.

Yes yes the new generations come faster than you are at an age considered "old"

osrs is for nostalgia and 3 is for e-dating and dressup. if you didn't play it in the day you probably won't enjoy it. especially now because even in OSRS, the things that made it good 12+ years ago are gone. the community is entirely redditors and good luck having a conversation with another player about anything that isn't slayer or WEED

>he hasn't had existential chats in world 317 while fishing outside of Barb Village to get to level 99
user fishing randoms are some of the lengthiest online convos I've ever had

Old post. If you go on the official Runescape Discord, you will see JMods and whatnot using the Runelite client. They don't care anymore, they only had certain plugins removed that, in their eyes, were cheating on some things.

desu I constantly reported them, not because I hate wow but because I hate shitty wojak spam

Jagex themselves calls it Oldschool. The one you're thinking of has been called classic for an entire generation now.

asmongold and sodapoppin killed the hype.

OSRS is trash. I got into expecting 2005-2006 RS. But instead we get 2007 with a bunch of garbage features that where implemented in later yeast like the GE. The voting system is trash and panders to Reddit.

still the only good MMO out

Based, guess I'm dropping the og client for good then. Thanks user.

>he doesn't like GE
faggot

>Guy concedes that the game is being run into the ground by a subreddit by constant bad choices and mob rule
>Spergs out and acts like he's defending the game

>Lets remove all player interactivity and bartering for trading
>Good

I fucking love OSRS so much. I never would have imagined it somehow becoming more relevant than WoW. WoW was fucking boring anyway.

Attached: 1562339781728.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>Spending a large amount of time talking to dipshits that are trying to scam you
Fuck off

I like rs3 more than osrs
Roast me

You can like what you like. I don't know why some OSRS players get so butthurt about RS3's existence

getting scammed is part of the appeal of the game, cowardly virgin pussy.

>Get scammed
>Blame the game instead of your own stupidity
Your kind are ruining the game

Well shit i wasnt expecting such civility

Learn to read you faggots. I don't want to waste my time talking to a retard who overcharges and has nothing better to do in his life.

I mean, I personally hate RS3 because I hate what Jagex has been doing for the past 12 years. But the fact that they have also screwed over OSRS in the past 5 years too should be a little humbling. I wonder how stable Jagex is as a company and how long either version of the game is going to be able to continue, so I guess just enjoy things while you can.

yeah you'd rather spend it grinding skills 2 feet from the bank teller at the GE only to get a 99 and for nobody to even care.

If it means I don't have to talk to someone as dumb as you to make XP gains then yeah no shit

>WoW Classic is dead
>OSRS parasites claiming credit

Not so fast sinner.

Attached: uVhh5p4.png (1985x1117, 2.33M)

Literally who?

>WoW but with a less shitty story
FFXI was better.

>blizzard shills' marketing campaign focuses on spamming e-celebs
>all blizzard shills get banned for nonvidya
>all wow classic """hype""" threads disappear

Attached: 1387129468802.png (469x474, 314K)

This unironically. The culture that allowed MMOs to exist then isn’t around anymore, people are too good at games now.

I don't know much about WoW, but I don't see why people are declaring Classic dead before it even gets out of beta. It's worth remembering that OSRS wasn't a big success at start, it took about a year and a half to get big

They're just shitposting while they can, Classic is going to be huge right away. It will probably plateau as casuals get tired though.

MMOs were only good when you were an oblivious kid. They have no value on their own. Some of mu fondest memories are with Ragnarok. I tried playing on a pre-renewa server with low rates and all, but I stopped giving a shit after two weeks.

>Playing a MMO for the story
>Still the same shitty generic wow gameplay
14 is trash.

>will bet my account...rs3 > wow
pony the fuck up, bucko
RS3 is dead

>Complaining about gameplay
>In a OSRS thread

"Good old days" wew that's some shit taste
>log on
>spend 5 hours selling one thing
riveting

Do you seriously don't know Runescape?

20k player avg ain't dead son

>barely make above minimum wage
>one person in a reddit thread mentioned 30k and it's suddenly the truth
stop posting

I'd compliment your joke but I don't want you to get confidence when it's ill-earned

>literally

Attached: 1540767071958.png (211x244, 72K)

>>/vg/

thanks

XIV killed retail WoW

Classic is a different audience

gib 10 mil pls

Attached: Capture.png (436x319, 121K)

Have you never seen Wonder Woman? Check and mate atheist

>EU servers will be english only making it a big turd of spanish, french, german, italian, poles, portuguese, etc
>USA servers will be filled with streamers memes and his npc's fanbase
>*Layering* formerly sharding
>not vanilla alterac valley
they did everything possible to make it awfull

this. any other way to play is wrong

What's a good AFK skill to train while watching movies? I'm doing Hosidius Cooking and watching Star Trek, but want something to train after getting 99.

>player interactivity
come on. you can keep giving that reason for hating convenience but you know that this isn't real interaction

Attached: cusxxr6v9iq01.jpg (473x311, 61K)

yews at edgeville. it's one click bank and takes long enough that you only have to check in every few minutes. i got almost 99 on two accounts without even trying

I mean, I wouldn't hesitate to call old school dead compared to WoW either, considering they only have about 80k-100k players while WoW has over a million

Fly fishing outside of Barbs. I got to 99 in two days while playing Witcher 3 alongside it.

>all those prices
Back then i couldn't crack 1 mil gp, now i'm fucking "wealthy" but it doesnt feel as good

How the hell did you get 99 in two days?

Fly fishing 3-tick method then moving to Minnows and finally ending it with Str Fishing from 68 onward.

Yeah, feels like time has past. I was working on a main account on osrs and stopped because it just doesn't feel the same to be a high level anymore

I picked the game up again because it feels good to see and do all the stuff i was too low level and poor to do before. OSRS is definitely a single player game

>being this lazy of a troll

Attached: tumblr_nz0t4d7Nvg1r7mxheo1_1280.gif (600x338, 1.97M)

Attached: SHRIMP.jpg (876x842, 126K)

OSRS is bot central user, its not alive

wish jagex would release a vanilla osrs server; hate all the stupid new shit they added. also not playing on that shitty Yea Forums private server

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 1.32.24 PM.png (1370x857, 1.29M)

V/ predicted it would fail and still fell for it