>fight it but oh wait it screamed and freezes your character while it runs away
>run around fuck huge empty map chasing green light to monster's location
>find it
>fight it but oh wait it screamed and freezes your character while it runs away
>run around fuck huge empty map chasing green light to monster's location
>find it
>fight it and okay now you killed it
>uh you get some pocket lint and an abysmal amount of material for your effort
>but it's ok, that part of the fun, go grind the same shit again for that armor/weapon you want
>do the same repetitive quests/hunts like 3-5 times
>ok cool now you have enough to make some pants, keep grinding loser
>10 hours later and you finally have the shit you want and it was barely worth the effort
>now do repetitive hunts/quests against harder monsters to get new armor and weapons only for it to become irrelevant immediately again and get thrown in the trash like the last ones
>not to mention weak enemy and location variety
>the entire progression of the game is just grind repetitive hunts for 10 hours to get new armor to grind reptitive hunts for 10 hours to get new armor to grind repetitive for 10 hours to get new armor and on and on and on
>there's some loose plot or something there too to keep you from going insane but it's trash and literally nothing
>do obscene amounts of grinding to look epikkk xD: the game

The most overrated garbage of all time. It has nothing of value to offer and is a giant waste of time. How the fuck do you weeb faggots get any enjoyment out of something so monotonous, grindy, and unsatisfying? Don't @ me.

Attached: monster-hunter-world-deluxe-edition-cover.jpg (500x713, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0kBhTXDuvwE
youtu.be/X05I-OgUPO8
youtu.be/uP3qhAPFQ9Q
youtu.be/wIdjp95JMcw
youtu.be/rnYnalKBMsI
youtu.be/eHqFhUg5F0A
youtu.be/7MVt0IWIvlU
youtu.be/BTfsbsU_gIs
youtu.be/G2bglyEZbkY
steamcommunity.com/id/wgod/recommended/582010/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just post this pic, retard

Attached: NEW Flaw List.jpg (2880x3544, 3.8M)

Monster hunter thread?

Montser hunter thread!

grinding for my last bow charge deco in world is killing

And to cap it all off:

Attached: Bibiwa.png (1920x1079, 1.88M)

sounds like it's just not for you, man.

I have given up augmenting my weapons. That shit just never drops.

Do you grind by yourself or do you have friends who do it with you?
I want to grind, but I can't bring myself to do it alone because it's just not as fun.

I'm playing it on PC, it's shit.

What does Nintendo have to do with anything?

only thing that keeps me going in deco hunting is when not hunting with friends/carrying them is doing RNG crowns.

Mind you deco Greatest and the name is coming back soon

Attached: switch.png (750x550, 267K)

Are the handhelds titles truly better than World? I may give Generations a shot if it is the case.

Grinding decorations is pointless unless its the Jagras or Lavasioth event quest.

It's better to grind Gleaming Streamstones, then use savescumming to check on your decoration loot table, then meld when something new pops up. Gleaming Streamstones also have a use outside of just farming decos, so you can never really have too many.

Of course all the best deco drops come from Tempered Elders and they also drop the weapon streamstones, so yeah you basically just farm Tempered Elders anyway. That said, you farm them for the Streamstones to then scum your Decorations.

personally who played 3rd portable/4 and FU, they are still worth playing if your new to MH

I find the QOL improvements in world make it hard to go back to the older games at times. even though i admit more monsters/ better looking armour and weps is a plus

The game is fun if you just mod in the shit that is tedious to farm, so you can do the builds you want

Attached: 1562507248325.jpg (1920x2160, 1.26M)

It's a fun time if you're not a shitter.

Not really. The simple fact you use a controller in World makes the game better.

retard

I played this at launch up until I killed the giant big bad boss that was clearly not the last boss, and got bored because I didn't have internet at the time. Is it worth jumping back into? Loved the sword and shield combo

>play game
>press button
>continue playing
>press button again
>continue playing
What a shit game.

BING BING WAHOO! Don't you have a Mario Maker thread to be in

Slow ass game, only positive thing is the multiplayer, which has super basic interaction between players.

>Start hunt
>loading into a empty arena
>no monster
>make my way to the next small barren arena
>first gotta wait for another loading screen
>after sitting through few loading screens and running around maps that are just barren arena's with nothing in them I finally find the hunt.
>After 10 seconds of fighting he hits me for 40% of the damage.
>guess ill have to heal now
>zone out and chug a few pots risk free
>zone back in just to see the hunt run away.
>repeat for 30 minutes before having to stop playing in order to let my DS charge up.

that's soul Yea Forums

Holy shit the difference in load times between ps4 and pc is massive

How did I live like this until now

The series is just better suited to portable systems if you ask me. Being able to just quickly turn on the game, play a quest or two, and then go back to whatever you were doing is nice.

This is so sad.

>if you prefer the older entries which began their origins on the ps2 and psp, you're a nintendo fanboy
why are worldcucks so obsessed with nintendo? literally any time anyone brings up the older games in the series, you immediately (and predictably) start autistically screaming BING BING. it's fucking sad

>tfw reading nintenbabs posts

Attached: 1558959367822.jpg (2500x2500, 417K)

>not knowing how to find monsters on the map
>constantly leaving the zone to heal
Maybe if you weren't shit at the game, you'd manage to finish hunts in less than 30 minutes

no
just nintendo and hand held crybabies crying because PC chads stole their game.

fucking kek

>another console war MH thread

zzzzz

Yeah but don't expect it to be as easy as World.

>why are worldcucks so obsessed with nintendo
Because it's the only system that it's not on so they use Nintendo as a scapegoat for criticism.

game is blatantly unfair and too difficult

Attached: monhunworld.webm (1067x600, 2.94M)

kek

fuck this piece of shit port

Attached: file.png (876x838, 81K)

Case in point. Even if you don't have a Nintendo system they'll still accuse you of being a fanboy.
I think they also have no concept of liking a game over a brand.

Who gets stunned by a paratoad like that?

For starters they have the ability to pause the game. That makes them better than World by a considerable margin.

In all seriousness though, like any series with a history it's worth going back to the past titles if you're genuinely interested in how things were before. There are somethings World does that's good like monster parts, ore, and bone material not taking up inventory space anymore. On the other hand there things in the older method I prefer like any gathering deposit could possibly get picked like 10 times if you're lucky which could possibly shorten the time you spend gathering and hunting out other nodes. Also mounting was considerably better before World not counting 4 Ultimate before anybody brings that up, and I hate the flash bomb and screamer pod amount reduction and the fact they're bound to the Slinger.

Maybe if you stopped seething

OH NONONONONONONO

Attached: 1557460465005.jpg (1920x1079, 602K)

nerg

Attached: 1554390257324.jpg (474x367, 19K)

Seething about what?
I have and enjoyed the game.

>MHW
>muh grind is too much
Pathetic.

You already posted that.

>"i like older game"
>"LOL SEETHING NINTENDIE COPE BING BING NEVER EVER HAHAHA"
Who's mad again here?

World is the best
The only complaints i have seen have been from console tards seething because it went to PC and did so well.
But they are like that everytime a console game goes to PC

T.

Attached: 1523706169969.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

>>"i like older game"
Hey now, I didn't even say that.

The sperg who spams every thread with his big list of nitpicks, maybe

Not even trying to hide it anymore holy fuck

Attached: 1515799233163.png (458x456, 79K)

You did already post that though.
Why do you even have two versions of the same image?

Attached: 1560498081176.png (468x529, 441K)

lotta bing bing wahoo seeethe in here.

To make you seethe double

No seriously, I mean, I get you want to shitpost but is that the only image you have besides wojaks and such?

I fucking love it

Of all games to shitpost about, why monster hunter?

Begone

Attached: BTFO.png (1000x1500, 342K)

Can we kill the hostility? Everybody post their guild cards, kill screens or webms. Share some stories if you have any. Doesn't matter the game, it's all Monster Hunter.

Attached: 20190620185512_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Having played FU, P3rd, 3U, 4U and World, I can safely say that World is a step in the right direction.
Remember how fucking painful harvesting was in previous games? Kneeling down to get some honey? Manually creating mega motions although there was no other practical use for honey during missions? Buying pickaxes constantly?
Sure, the sliding needs tuning and some weapons were buffed beyond recognition, but seeing monsters like Nergigante I'm sure the next games' monsters will have more challenging movesets.

Attached: monhun_world.jpg (1000x1412, 544K)

How about this little detail?

Attached: Rath.png (1562x838, 1.07M)

That means getting up and putting my disc in the ps4.

Attached: FBF0458EC2F04CDC937057539FE2BF91.jpg (2000x1175, 360K)

Attached: DbBWW6vUwAE6lZx.jpg large.jpg (2048x1152, 332K)

>Remember how fucking painful harvesting was in previous games?
No. Especially since Tri made gathering spots stand out.

>t-they werent shit!
Cope

>Kneeling down to get some honey?
Did you not use the farm?
I mean, after you get one then you don't have to gather it ever again.

And you still had to swing your net/pickaxe/assume the position for a good 4 seconds times 3.
Fuck off, I'm trying to have a discussion here.

Attached: DX2yyS0UQAAzh1y.jpg large.jpg (2048x1152, 294K)

Well, no they weren't.
That's why it's not much of an improvement in World.

>And you still had to swing your net/pickaxe/assume the position for a good 4 seconds times 3.
You still have to do that in World. In fact there's that extra animation when you dig out something rare.

When will mods start banning console warriors?

Dude you just reach out your hand while running to get bugs, herbs, mushrooms and honey and they'll autocraft. I'll agree with the mining, but it's still easily half the time to exhaust an outcrop.

>Dude you just reach out your hand while running to get bugs, herbs, mushrooms and honey and they'll autocraft
Yeah but it's not very useful since the farm still exists and you can just access the item box from the camp anyway.

Attached: D9m2q1rXsAIBUdz.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

Bingbongwahoo

>bottom right
Makes me laugh every single time

KEK

Attached: MH PC.png (471x380, 8K)

you are the gagmaster

How do I get Crowns? Looking at the two trophies, I want'em.

based

You know, looking at it like that kind of puts world into perspective.
I mean, it only sold about 3 times more than the other portable titles.

I mean, not really? Like yeah when you're first start playing these games it's a pain in the ass, but once you understand how important it is to gather you get over it. Besides that's why the farms exist in every game you mentioned and why you only ever do it in the 1* quests or if you're a die hard completionist. Outside of free hunt and expeditions you shouldn't have to gather much in the fields unless you're using ranged weapons. In a way the older games en-capsuled more the idea of what it's like to be a hunter in that world since the game is called Monster HUNTER. As a hunter you're expected to bring supplies with you or craft it while out in the field with tools breaking being something that can indeed happen when you're out and about. Yeah I know who looks for realism or authenticity in Monster Hunter, but at least insect catching and mining wasn't as restrictive as it is in World.

pretty penguins, can i hug them?

mhxx is 30 bucks
do I need nintendo+ to play online

Attached: 1559682278600.png (410x397, 74K)

Attached: 1562522535070.jpg (2048x1152, 433K)

does anyone else get frametime stutters EVERY time they move/sprint in the PC version? the fucking game is unplayable for me due to this. I actually love the gameplay, but on a technical level, the gaame is broken.

Attached: 1561224791261.jpg (727x868, 237K)

Yep but you can still solo the online quests.

>only

lmfao I'm saving this one

Yes, only.
Across three systems it only sold 3 times as much as the exclusives.

Think about that for a moment.

Attached: FB_IMG_1562523492150.jpg (1440x810, 154K)

Those are very dangerous bird wyverns user, you might get hurt if you get too close to them.

Attached: istockphoto-165911021-1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 231K)

I had to force myself to ignore all the technical issues with the PC version and just play it. Not a single one of my friends or I could get it to run as it should, even with the CPU mod running. It's a mess and led to many undeserved carts. I didn't bother doing anything super late game because of all the particle effects that bring computers that should easily run it to a chug.

That's just your biased opinion dude. On a technical level World has a much better game system overall.
Also, If you want to be a fundamentalist, World is the first game since P3rd where actually learning the monsters' patterns pays off since they are not (seemingly) random like in 4U and 3U (to a lesser extent).

>tfw can't platinum because no sub
Fuck games with online only achievements.

You're right
I'm sure Capcom wishes they stayed exclusive instead of counting that big pile of money the just tripled... silly me of course.

So why was Yea Forums so dead set on this game failing? Spite?

they're right though, but monster hunter west cuck insects are too busy sucking off crapcom's balls

>since they are not (seemingly) random like in 4U and 3U
They were never random.

The worst achievement to me was the 50 guild cards, it's the only one where you necessarily have to play with people and not by yourself

>Spite?
Nah nothing petty like that, basically everyone thought it would fail because MH never had a good track record with home consoles.
Even Tri which had a decent advert campaign only managed 1.9m give or take.

Die, you fucking World sympathizing trashbags, you absolutely worthless vermin. Just waste away in your mediocrity so greatness can grow in the detritus of your corpse.

Play Seregios and say that again.

I still have a faint hope that the Iceborne patch will fix this shit. I know it wont, but having hope is better than nothing, I think.

>actually learning the monsters' patterns pays off
somebody hasnt done a single AT I see

At reveal? Nintenbabies.
At launch? Veterans + still seething nintenbabies.
Months after launch? Bitter veterans who hated the casualizations, and nintenbabies still seething.

Problem is now, because of how vocal and obvious nintencels where since reveal, now if you say anything bad about World it's attributed to being a nintenbaby. And so the all threads devolve into console war faggotry.

Obvious bait but on the off chance it isn't, you would absolutely hate the older games if you hate the grind in MHW

The engine running it is a gutted MT framework. They used it because all mons animations are built for that engine and they didn't want to redo anything. So they tried to make said engine next gen and overloaded the shit out of it.

Iceborne wont fix anything performance-wise. My only hope is to not get worse instead.

The absolute state of pc players. Of course you dont like the game to begin with so you have to ruin it, they dont even realize "grind " doesnt really feel like grind bcs of the gameplay variety , a hunt never has to be same , there is always improvement always change always an option even with a single monster. In a MMo devoid of gamplay i would get it, but not in an action game like monster hunter

I like Monster Hunter: World!

Attached: WOLFGIRL.png (946x739, 1.08M)

T. Cant enjoy videogames

You’re just shit
It doesn’t click with everyone

>Not memorizing where the stun toads are

People can't actually find World difficult or Grindy, right? It's the easiest, most casualized game in the franchise. This is just all bait, right?

I've never played a single Monster Hunter game before and I'm having a lot of fun.

Attached: 1561863130601.jpg (300x225, 45K)

On a technical level yes, World is impressive. That being said the changes that were being to certain systems is entirely subjective and is a debate I'd rather not go that far into. There things about the older games I prefer, there's things in World I prefer it's simple as that. As far as gathering's concerned I like getting my shit and going home as soon as possible, and World is the polar opposite of that by making you run all around the map for one or two herbs, insects, or ore.

>where actually learning the monsters' patterns pays off since they are not (seemingly) random like in 4U and 3U
Where'd you draw this conclusion from? You think a monster sidestepping your attack then turning to counter you is random?

Same, the only complain I have is that the game isn't optimized good.

What's the issue it runs great on my pc?

So what exactly is classic MH, you ask?

A unique charm to its characters, environments and music, that conveyed a magical sense of adventure and achievement.
World failed at this by mimicking Hollywood like every western AAA game.

A weighty combat system that required careful positioning and knowledge of your foes, which felt good to play and rewarded skillful players.
World caved in to the "why is this big sword so slow" casuals by letting you cancel every single animation like its fucking DMC. Monsters stay tripped for more than a second.

Monster designs that were unique and colorful, but still believable as creatures living in the respective ecosystem you fought them in, with movesets that were punishing, but fair.
World monster designs focused too much on believability at the expense of personality, not to mention gameplay.

A large variety of weapons and armors that looked cool as fuck, could be discerned on a hunter at a glance, and told a story about the materials it was made from.
This is World's biggest fuckup. Every weapon is a starter with monster parts on them, and the armors just look too fat even on huntresses. The unique Legiana weapons and the Flammen line of Anjanath weapons are barely distinguishable from iron/bone template designs. Nergigante gear has the most horrendous design of all, makes Ahtal-ka gear look good by comparison.

A sense of camaraderie and companionship with strangers, bonding over a common goal and having fun.
World ruins this with SOS and to some extent, the increased headcount to 16 players. Oh, and being multiplat also plays into this absence of camaraderie.

Attached: MH3-Gigginox_Screenshot_003.jpg (800x449, 47K)

If you got a current or at least previous gen i7 tier CPU, sure, you'll get mostly 80-90 fps. Even you wont escape the occasional stutters though.

Same. I'm playing it on max settings and it runs just fine. The optimization is almost as good as Rise of the Tomb Raider.

>World is the polar opposite of that by making you run all around the map for one or two herbs, insects, or ore.
You can teleport to camps and also use your weapons for mobility not to mention most oreveins in the game are all in groups in the zone most directly next to the camps.
You can also return from quest and keep your shit
imo its wayyyy faster and slightly more interesting to look at
I'm not the guy you're arguing with though

Holy fuck lmao

Attached: 1562449580915.jpg (557x595, 22K)

I applaud you for getting the miniature crown achievement.

Attached: 2019062101505600-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 353K)

ryzen 1600x, The only stutter I get is a short one when I die. Well which doesnt bother me because im dead anyway.

>playing the game means playing the game a lot
Well, yeah. That's kinda what vidya is about. If you don't like it it's probably not for you, don't force yourself to play games you dislike, man.

>anime avatarfag
>shit taste
imagine
my
shock

but i paid one trillion shekeru for it

>ryzen 1600x
So, a CPU that's slightly less powerful than a 7700K. Are you trying to prove something different from what I wrote in my post? Its not working.

> i like older games
> but im also quite liking wolrd , having a good time even soloed behemoth
> LOL NINTENDO
Learn the diference between a vet and a mere fanboy

>the state of Jho's breath in World

Attached: 1429127779709.png (542x520, 168K)

I really wish there would be more arena quests.

Attached: calculated.webm (1600x900, 2.9M)

It's literally $100 cpu if you can't afford that maybe you shouldnt be complaining about games running like shit. I couldnt care less about some retard with 6 year old i3 complaining that game stutters.

Why did you pay so much money for a video game?

I don't use amd and never will again. I'll take my gimped intel until I have the money to get good intel. And its not i3 but i5, one which runs DMC5 on max with no issues.

>Temp Jho and Temp Bazel in the arena is still not a quest
What the fuck
It's not even adding new content, it's just using the content you already have in more different ways

I truly hope Iceborne does this more

I never played multi, but do monsters scale with players? Otherwise wouldn't it make game extremely easy? I mean even playing solo I can stun lock some monsters can't imagine how easy would that be with 4 players.

Yes, monsters receive more HP and can't be that easily KO'ed/statused in multiplayer.

They do and with Iceborne, monsters will now scale and descale depending on the number of people in the hunt.

I guess from my perspective I see it like this, Why try my luck then fast travel and try my luck again when there's a chance I could get it all from one node and be done. Same applies to insect gathering. How much faster gathering is in World is nice, but I still wish I could collect more from each spot mostly because as I said, I want to get home sooner than later especially if all I'm doing is solely gathering.

Oh man, that shit is killing my desire to play this game.

gonna sound like a huge fag but since you seem to be a massive gathering fag just make a set for it
master gatherer is insane and the nodes already re spawn so fast that you could just tp back and fourth between two camps

For me it's the magnet dookie

Attached: 62253578_p15.jpg (853x875, 218K)

zoomers pretending like 3 isn't what killed monster hunter

That doesn't necessarily make the time spent waiting for nodes to respawn go by faster. It's an it is what it is thing and nothing more really. Gathering in World right now is fine as is, I just feel it could be improved on a bit.

I thought mounting killed Monster Hunter.

Attached: 1437191528701.jpg (1083x720, 78K)

Honestly, once it's upgraded and running the farm in world takes care of plants, mushrooms, and bugs easily, Mining and getting bones is really simple. It's fish that suck, but getting fish usually sucks. Hopefully iceborne adds in a fish farm/fish trader like some of the other games had.

Barioth hooked up with a monster rider during his 6 years leave from mainline.

Attached: D9vU-WFUcAAKGYW.jpg orig.jpg (1065x598, 81K)

Steve is one of my favourites so I know his patterns inside out.
It isn't random.

I know that feel. It’s been nice replaying the game at 60fps too

MHW is the easiest grind in the series by far. Monster Hunter has an addictive gameplay loop, but it's not for everyone. It really favors min-maxing players, not exactly a casual sort of game.

Wow look at that revisionism.

Only scale for solo vs multi. A monster in multi has the same stats with two players as it does with four. If you want hard mode, only play as a pair.

I feel like i had an easier time in XX

100% agreed, absolute dogshit game on par with asscreed games. It's been years and capcom still can't compete with fromsoft's boss encounters.

Is it worth it though? It had mixed reviews for a long time and as soon as they added Geraldo, the reviews became "overwhelmingly positive". And, is the multiplayer necessary or can I play it solo? My internet is shit and I can't play online without massive lag spikes.

Attached: 1561225834721.jpg (720x1200, 136K)

its a great game dont listen to the niggers

12 million people cant be wrong

Attached: 1562524127603.jpg (680x1388, 273K)

It was probably quicker in XX/GU due to not having to track the monster for 5+ minutes. I thought the special arena would make grinding easier in World, but for some stupid reason those quests rotate.

I only play solo and have over 30 hours in last week. It's extremely fun my only complain is a bit long dark screen when I launch it, like about 30seconds long, but after that loading screens are maybe 1-2 sec at most.

Neither 3 nor 4 killed the series. They were more of an omen, much like a gaping wound in your chest is an omen of your upcoming death.

>not a single worthy rebuttal ITT
Based list destroying the Capcom shills

>that puffy fucking pussy
it could be either a virgin male who has never seen a vagina
or it could an obese furry girl who drew what her own vagina looks like but on a much slimmer girl

Difficulty in both games comes from the side content. AT's, hypers, deviants, etc.

Attached: oof.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>And, is the multiplayer necessary or can I play it solo?
You can solo the entire game but without going multi you can't get the buffed versions.

They're talking about the grind you retard.

is there a maid outfit in mhw?

Because grinding ATs and Hypers is easy?

i'm And i also made the mistake of misreading the original post
fuck

the game is by no means bad. the new monster interactions with monster is neat the first few times around, along with the terrain traps. Th biggest flaws i can think of are the music being to damn quiet, the monster ai still behaving as it was in 3/4, such as leaving the area you are in to go fight in another area, approximately every 4 minutes , but this time you actually have to chase the damn things there along with the outdated attack patterns, and that there is absolutely no challenge if you play solo.

>Play world
>Have fun

Attached: 1561873098165.jpg (325x500, 88K)

>You have to be a bing bing wahoo to have disliked MHW
Have it on PC, barely play it. Feels extremely soulless to me compared to Toukiden 2 and God Eater, and THATS says something

Attached: games.jpg (285x894, 76K)

yeah that your opinion is worth less than shit. Those games are fucking awful

Seriously don't bother. They won't accept anything that isn't unanimous praise so it's better to just ignore their tard rage.

I like God Eater but it's fucking nothing compared to MH, you're fucking high.

Does world have any fun armor sets?

Mainline MH? Thats true. MHW? Not even close

God Eater alone has more diverse skeletons than Wyvern Hunter World
And don't get me started on Toukiden, because some Oni transform into different skeletons at low health.

>soulless
You're too far gone, my dude.

Attached: 133703602077.jpg (346x274, 27K)

Dunno, I started playing a few days ago. So far this set is my favorite.

Attached: 20190706131353_1.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

nah both are fucking awesome so is world... start liking games not fucking hating everything Yea Forums

>Awful
>Thief Gold/2
>KoToR
>Mount & Fucking Blade
>Awful
Think you might have some shit taste there friend

grinding for godzilla nuts is fin for npc fags

Was talking about god eater and toukiden, but yeah if you want to talk about his steam
>all good games uninstalled
>all trash shit installed

>the toad survived

Installed games are ones I havent beaten into oblivion yet and online games

git gud

with the reworked skill system, it is far easier to clownsuit than ever before, that said, most of the clown suits look ugly. My vote for most fun would be dantes armor, or the undead dragon thing you fight at the end of village questline

It's actually more obvious how flawed it is the better you are at the game.

Let it go, let it go~
I'm one with the wind and sky~

Attached: mox6hus44z731.png (880x436, 855K)

>MHW isn't mainline

>Toukiden 2
>Shit
Literally does everything MHW does already, but with far better environment, setting, monsters, weapon system, plot, etc.

looks like something out of frontier, is there any gameplay footage of it yet?

Mainline ended on December 14 last year.

>but with far better environment, setting, monsters, weapon system, plot, etc.
you forgot the most important thing, gameplay. This is why mhw is superior

Attached: leaked velkhana gameplay.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

>that ultra rapidfire at the end

Attached: 1528354046273.jpg (937x1171, 137K)

Closest thing to maid outfits in World is the titular guild girl outfit.

If you're talking about sillier or more outlandish outfits there's a few like say Death Stench. If you're looking for something more on the lines of the Jump crossover armor then you're out of luck. Iceborne's G Rank stuff is looking good though.

World's soundtrack is its biggest offender. Orchestra was a mistake. They basically sacrificed instrument variety for a whole lotta brass and while I like the latter the former better suits Monster Hunter as a whole. Deserted Island sounds so much better than Ancient Forest just for the addition of energetic drums that help with the tribal vibe of the territory.
youtu.be/0kBhTXDuvwE
youtu.be/X05I-OgUPO8

Attached: C688YUjWgAAM8oo.png (1200x675, 593K)

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.webm (1920x1080, 3M)

Eh, gameplay is more or less equal, therefore not worth mentioning in this particular regard

>it is far easier to clownsuit than ever before
Tell that to transmog.

Attached: 1562305975689.jpg (1920x2160, 2.02M)

It's pierce shots, too.

I really liked this doujin

can you trans mog evry armor? i thought it was just those samurai and ninja set you unlock from the people. and those sets dont fulfill the medevil knight motif that the series clearly to inspiration from. As a matter of fact, the games difficulty declined in every time they added japanese theme monsters.

mods on pc let you

Is there anyway to play old mh games online via emulation? Also i can't ever set my controls properly to my controller because it feels like shit for some reason

yes, you can do that with every game since both citra and cemu now have netplay

I'll never forgive how they neutered Jho's theme.

>can you trans mog evry armor
I was referring to XX anyway.

yeah, i see no reason to get the pc version at the moment
i need to get a switch. the metal gear fight looks so damn fun to go through

whoops replied to my own post oh well

>i need to get a switch
You could always emulate for the time being.

Attached: spiderman holy shit.jpg (279x580, 35K)

Grinding and farming mechanics ruined fun in video-games. Level-up, crafting, stats, skill-trees... It's all but crap that waste your time.

It should be all about temporary power-up items and weapons. You should have all cards in your hand the very moment you press the start button.

GU is fun and you will always have something to do. Worst part of it is you don't get transmog until the absolute end of the game

As someone who is a long time mh vet, who owns both world and xx, and has a relatively neutral stance on the topic, why do world fans strawman so much? when an xx fan compares the two games even slightly, they always pop up and scream that he must just be angry that he can't play the game. while that might be true rarely, it certainly should not corrupt all discussion and comparision, MH threads have definitely gone to shit

Attached: grahf.jpg (640x480, 20K)

>turn on game
>company logo comes up
>alright
>publisher logo
>that's kinda pushing it
>game logo appears
>i'm getting upset
>"press start button"
>mfw

Attached: 1557280282585.png (768x771, 785K)

Honestly the music in World being washed out is a good thing because holy shit is Jho's theme bad. Well not bad in that sense, but it's definitely not all it could've been.
youtu.be/uP3qhAPFQ9Q
youtu.be/wIdjp95JMcw

Hoarfrost is sounding to be my favorite theme in World, but even that pales in comparison to Tundra, Frozen Seaway, and Snowy Mountain.
youtu.be/rnYnalKBMsI

youtu.be/eHqFhUg5F0A
youtu.be/7MVt0IWIvlU
youtu.be/BTfsbsU_gIs
youtu.be/G2bglyEZbkY

Attached: 1551261921504.gif (1280x1280, 1.39M)

I was going to kill an Anjanath but I saw him chilling by this cliff and joined him

Pretty chill guy

Attached: Anja1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

Attached: Anja2.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

I hate how most of the returning monster themes have boring new parts added in the middle for no apparent reason. The one in Jho's theme goes on for almost a full minute and it's such shit.

World fans are jolly and merely revel in the eternal passive seething of bingers. There's really nothing more to it.

pc isnt strong enough

>lwa: cot
listen i love akko but that mobile tier game is fucking SHIT and its tainting your taste

Do investigations with a silver and 2 gold slots. That is what the theory goes and is how I got my achievements

>that face

I think he wants to bang you bro.

As someone who's been on Yea Forums over a decade why the fuck do you think this is anything but an attempt to get replies
Yea Forums is just Reddit but instead of upvotes you get (You)s; otherwise it's just strawman arguments formulated from thin fucking air to make a point nobody asked anybody to make about something that didn't need points made about it

MonHun fans could just play XX, but these aren't MonHun fans; I'd be shocked if they've played more than one MonHun game, if one at all, and even more surprised to know this isn't just falseflagging bait

>spot a mh thread
>i wonder if that retard has already posted his epic image
>literally the first post
never change

it does get boring because one gets all excited about a new weapon or gear and then it becomes obsolete.
it should do weapons differently where they are unique and not just stats

Should I get this one (GTX660 Ti owner) or emulate Portable 3rd with HD Textures?

it's the site and the modern internet in general, everyone is drive-by shitposting and trying to make people angry (console wars are a good way to do it), there's very few people actually interested in discussion

Every thread it's a 50/50 chance of either that or "I don't think about you at all" being among the first five posts, and both guarantee the thread will be shit.

this is kinda sad to read through. I actually enjoy MHW but Im starting see some of the bullshit even though Im only HR14. especially with the SOS system. Should I get out now while Im still sub 100hrs?

literally no self awareness

yes. uninstall that shit. you had your fun, now its time to move on to something else.
try x-com 2

I miss LordGrahf. He was the only truly good MH player.

Attached: monster_hunter_comic_plate_runs_by_macawnivore-d1f8y79.jpg (800x3361, 447K)

this doesn't happen anymore, you just eat everything with temporal on

nice try though bibiwa villager

I played MHW and watched some jap lps of the rest of the games and it seemed like the same old derivative garbage every time. You guys have actually tolerated this stagnant shit for a decade and half??? Well at least you're not Diablo loot shitters lol

what should i add anons

Attached: mhw boxart.jpg (967x1200, 579K)

Just play the game as you see fit, all there is to it. World is a foundation of new and refined ideas, but it's by no means perfect. It's why anybody whose head isn't up their ass will suggest playing World and an older style game with World like Generations Ultimate or 4 Ultimate as a balance.

Attached: file.jpg (1280x1124, 613K)

dont try to evade my filter cunt

>got bored of world
>lot of trouble getting into gu because early game is fucking eternally boring
>since 4u, have only been able play frontier, which is shutting down in december

What do I do now? World? GU? Something else?

Attached: 1515415413478.jpg (960x960, 92K)

Iceborne and Shovel Knight

missing ass creed

I'm the gold azure black aberrant version of whatever guy owned you, that should be right up your alley

hey at least they can enjoy a game instead of going online to get some (yous). now go back to playing your 'to deep for you' indies

holy shit mh is done

Attached: afs.png (1060x1454, 2.77M)

add the Nintendo Selects border that they put on some 3DS games but in a way that you can still see the PS4 banner

Just bumrush through early game GU

take a break then come back using a different weapon and learn all the ins and outs

>lot of trouble getting into gu because early game is fucking eternally boring
I don't get why people say this.

Just do what everybody and their grandmother does and head straight for the Hunter's Hub quests. Key quests exist for a reason, everything outside of that is for upgrading your kitchen meals and getting more hunter arts. Alternatively go play something else then come back later. If you're going to be a completionist then by all means take a breather because you're in it for the long haul.

dayum

I'm just saying, if the fanbase actually had standards the series would probably be a lot better at this point. Soulsborne games do way more every title with way less, but you don't see their fanbase creaming themselves because the devs rejiggered some old skeleton they had broken in the first place or because they put a new coat of paint over asylum demon (they actually hated this, take note!)

people try to do every quest instead of just doing key quests or stuff they need

>not having games digitally

while i agrre with most of the things on that list, some of the complaints in the list regarding positioning is arbitrary. Bad players aren't a design flaw

Gathering quest are mind numbingly boring if you've played any monster hunter before and i've glad world got rid of them

I can appreciate the tracking/scoutfly mechanic as an idea, but it needed to be waaay more engaging.
>monsters should leave less tracks
>would have to collect more tracks before getting a lock
>ability to focus on what pickup/object your scoutfly is currently targeting
>ability to cycle through targets in range

Freedom Unite like an adult

Frontier felt like real endless progression, not like mainline games where you top out and just explore different sides of the endgame to drag out playtime until starting all over somewhere else. I guess that spoiled the shit out of me because it's been hard to start new MH games since.

I'm feeling all these, so I guess I'll drop my early game slog autism and commit to GU. Once I breach high rank and abandoned the fucking delivery quests, I think I'll be good anyway. Thanks for the input, anons.

are actually suggesting any pc owner actually waited to play world as their first MH game when emulation of all the highly rated titles have been out for years? I bet you were one of those port beggars who constantly bitched that the games went to were the money was

You can filter people out really easily by asking them whether they think moving while using items was a good change

Attached: 1539215123680.jpg (784x960, 70K)

why not just eliminate them entirely and have the tracks stay on the ground much longer and more frequently, and you can already cycle targets

They will offer a different experience for sure. Unite will be the hardest to get into due to the horrendous hit boxes and the crazy amount of damage any monster will do to you. Still, it formed the groundwork all the other games use and improved upon. after that, its just your preference of 3u, 4u, or Gu

Attached: Screenshot_20190702-072130.jpg (1440x3120, 1.93M)

Better how? The series is called Monster Hunter and that's what we as the fanbase do, hunt said monsters. World added in the most changes to the fundamental gameplay but it's still Monster Hunter at its core.
>you don't see their fanbase creaming themselves because the devs rejiggered some old skeleton they had broken in the first place or because they put a new coat of paint over asylum demon
>(they actually hated this, take note!)
Doesn't that have more to do with the fact nobody likes Asylum Demon or its two cousins in the original Dark Souls? Players of previous games enjoy most the older monster and would like to see them again, or at least key ones like the flagships.

Who said gathering quests wouldn't be prominent in high rank? There's less of them yeah, but there's enough of them to make you ponder 'what the fuck'.

>Always tried to get into MH
>Dropped every game since P3rd during early low rank because I suck
>Try World, actually manage to complete it
>Decide to give 4U a chance again
>It's super fun
I'm still low rank but rushing through it, feels so easy now

Attached: 1499008863132.gif (828x472, 53K)

but those stupid things are some pf the best moments

is a worse magala

>Rotten Vale
>One of the best themes in the series
It's the best of World's regular battle themes but come on, it's not even close

strange, all i ever hear is how shit the pc port is and that you have to spend the time to mod it just to get textures to display properly, and that you are all still waiting on events, the consoles already got. But hey, at least you can mod the models to get your kicks

maybe you should get out of the Yea Forums echo chamber and actually try the game

Attached: MONSTER HUNTER_ WORLD(167589) 7_5_2019 7_53_37 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.27M)

some quests were on rotation in 4u and 3u, which is something they specifically addressed in generations. the rotation of those quests weren't fixed. Which sucked if you were trying to farm out a specific armor or weapon

Was pretty scary when that happened to say the least. Thanks god for those tight hitboxes

Attached: mhw.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

underage

Wow I was about to purchase this game today but after reading this post I won't anymore. Why is every port like this? Full of bugs that are never patched. You're not getting my money today Gaben.

Attached: c2598d1ce356d2646e86768cfd4410fd.png (1054x945, 338K)

The pc port is completely caught up to the console version at this point. Don't know what he's talking about with the textures, they work fine.

Attached: 20190425033645_1.jpg (2560x1440, 548K)

Why do all monster hunter threads on Yea Forums have more console shitposting than usual?

Attached: 68616492_p0.jpg (800x800, 596K)

>Why do all threads on Yea Forums have more shitposting than usual?

There's an extra 32gb or so hi rez texture pack you can get if your GUP has 6+gb VRAM that you can install that I think he's talking about.

Attached: MONSTER HUNTER_ WORLD(167589) 7_5_2019 7_53_32 AM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.33M)

>implying I bought it

They barely make a difference anyway and aren't worth the performance hit.

Fucking hype for iceborn bro's holy shit. I even played dauntless to keep me occupied(for a bit, god that's a bad game)

Now that we are in G rank I plan to farm a shit ton each and every new monster I hunt, incase we get trans mog and what not.

i do not know if capcom has officially fixed the textures

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1080, 365K)

>I even played dauntless to keep me occupied(for a bit, god that's a bad game)

>did the same
>ran out of things to do after one week
People shits on World, but Dauntless is on another level

Don't be a nigger, user

Every single time, I hope this guy is saving all the "Ice born will be SHIT" post's for a new version of this when ice born hits

im curious. what are the most glaring flaws beside the crappy art direction?

>uh you get some pocket lint and an abysmal amount of material for your effort
>but it's ok, that part of the fun, go grind the same shit again for that armor/weapon you want

This is easily the biggest issue with all monster hunter games. One of two things need to happen. Either more rewards need to be given (probably the laziest and worst choice) or they need to improve the weapons and armor to actually be useful, since most are completely useless and require clownsuiting with only a select few good armor pieces in the entire game (regardless of which monster hunter we're talking about). It's a fucking joke and the main reason I just pirate all of the games since the end of 3rd gen.

tranny pandering

Oh, some wood plank in the background that you have to go out of your way to look at is kinda low res. The mod is literally drag and drop by the way, so if that really does bother you that much you can do it with single digit IQ.

Attached: 20180820021656_1.jpg (2560x1440, 568K)

Gifted whitoid.

a shame, wonder what all the panderers are gonna do when the fad goes away

>when the fad goes away
its not going away within the games lifespan

Your first Monster Hunter is always the hardest to get into, especially prior to 4U. Once you've adjusted and understand how a game works things get significantly easier for all subsequent titles past and future save for the side content purposely meant to put up a fight and G Rank.

hey i personally dont give a shit. its just that almost every thread i lurked in had that complaint along with the events. which more or less fell off as the game had all the content released on all platforms. Drag on drop all you want, its not something you the customer should have to do especially when this problem was non existent on console. But hey, keep beta testing there fella, they'll pay you eventually

They were in 3U because 3rd gen was them trying to figure shit out with their new exhaust and shit. MHFU was much more consistent from fight to fight, and MH4U was god-tier on a meta level. Not so much 3U.

why the fuck would you post a reply like this, are all phoneposters really this idiotic?

Which attacks he chooses absolutely are and many weapons aren't able to punish his break periods, so yes, for most weapons it basically is luck if you get a chance to hit him without risking damage.

>low health pool
>bone armor
>basic Anjanath
>not knowing there are paratoads in this area
your fault for dying to a fucking Anjanath and being literally unaware of your surroundings

It effectively was a problem on consoles since they all run at 720p anyway. My point is that you have severe autism if some low res textures that you have to go out of your way to notice is a selling point in an action game over the actual gameplay which is superior in the port just because of better PC framerates. But hey, keep being a retarded graphics whore.

I was not victorious in this hunny but this is still probably one of my favorite end cards to any hunt. Just how very clearly fucked I am in this pic was just hilarious to me.

Attached: FB_IMG_1562535970640.jpg (1706x960, 74K)

>Either more rewards need to be given (probably the laziest and worst choice)
World already does that and even allows you to craft plates and gems at home base if you need to.

>they need to improve the weapons and armor to actually be useful, since most are completely useless and require clownsuiting
But the weapons and armor is fine and the strongest they've ever been in World. Of course clown suiting allows you to kill things much faster, but even with a standard armor set a fight should at least take 5-10 at most if you know what you're doing and that's average.

Long story short, stop bitching and go play World.

Alright you know how some fights in MH suck thanks to spending half the fight rolling away rather then fighting? Thats every dauntless monster.

You know how you have to grind a monster in MH to build stuff but then use armor spheres to level up after that? Enjoy 3 hunts per LEVEL of gear. you will get sick of every monster in dauntless

You know how monster hunter has neat monster that everyone loves? Replace that with a bunch of toys of some cartoon knock off callled "mega mons!" or something that you would find in a dolor store

You know how you can play how ever you want in monster hunter? How most any build can work just fine? Every hunt in dauntless they tell you what to use and slap on a fat ass -25% damage penalty if you don't use what they say. sometimes worse.

You know how monster hunter looks go- Oh we already talked about that one.

You know how monster hunter has 14 weapons each with system of combo's and what not? Dauntless has like, 5, and 3 of them play the same. with one gimick attack to mix it up

Also. Session pass taken right from fortnight, game play's like ass (we are talking 20 FPS at times) every single map looks the same

Attached: 1535534785948.jpg (294x435, 57K)

what are you talking about? if rathalos got pissed on the ground he was guaranteed to jump back and spit a fireball after the roar. Narga always jumped away from you. Jho always put his foot forward, giving you time to block it or dodge, or getting stepped on which would cancel the effect of the roar. Some sound ques from rathian would tell you if she was going to do a single or triple tackle, or run up to you and backflip in g rank. The ai of monster in 3u and 4u were easliy exploitable. Thats the reason why all the aggressive monsters, such as brachy bogard and rajamg are the most fun to fight. the tells are shorter and movemnet in general is faster

Seems like you just suck with pattern recognition.

thats what you are advocating though. A problem is a problem. its okay , you'll get paid some day

Ok.

Most of the first chunk is needless whining about "muh difficulty decrease" which is not a bad thing since weapons actually all feel useful in World, thank god. But there are legit criticisms here, such as elemental damage being ass (which has needed fixing since early monster hunter days) and carrying useless items by mandate of the game for some reason. Also AT monsters are just gimmicky Frontier shit as well, so good on that too.

But then it goes on to contradict itself by spewing shit about elemental damage being casualized because everything has a weakness to something (because it should...) whilst earlier claiming element is weaker than ever. So, basically 75% is correct, and about 25% is needless crying by whomever these lines were taken from (if not just the same person being retarded)

I'm willing to bet they've never actually played these games.

>move while shooting
>flaw

Attached: 1551306419857.jpg (320x297, 11K)

Iceborne got it but Shovel Knight is not in the game yet tho
oh right
mhw is not on nintendo consoles

Attached: boxart_v2.jpg (1024x1024, 466K)

damn son, why would you put yourself through that?

I got 220 hours out of mhw, not sold on iceborne yet but if I can get another 100 hours thats more than enough
not every single game needs to take 2k hours of my life away besides there are containment games for neets now like wow, ff14 and countless gatcha games

im willing to bet you didnt play enough

>it's not on nintendo consoles tho
That's what makes it funny.

I bet you think moving while using items is good too

Explain how it's worse

whoops replied to my own post again. but yeah you didnt play enough

Are you retarded by any chance

you waste time moving around rather than just out up with flex, making the whole healing process take longer. it also takes away the penalty form you doing something at the wrong time, which trivializes many fights

somewhat. getting hit over the head a few to many times can do that to you. nice rebuttal there though, really shows that you know the ins and outs of the games you say you play

You still have to time your item consumption even while moving, it's a fair trade off.

I honestly have nothing against being able to move while using some items, but items like max potions should probably have you stand still

makes it easier to tank damage
doesn't penalize you as much for taking hits
removes the task of finding an opportunity to heal

>You still have to time your item consumption even while moving
No you don't. All you have to do is walk directly left or right of the monster and it can never hit you.

Monsters can adjust their attack trajectory and you know it, stop nitpicking.

The healing takes longer BECAUSE you can move. It's not instant like old games where you can just trade a hit safely if you need to heal. If you get hit or need to dodge out of it you don't get the full heal and you lose the potion.

>makes it easier to tank damage
How?
>doesn't penalize you as much for taking hits
I think the problem here is the monsters being too weak.
>removes the task of finding an opportunity to heal
Barely an issue in older games either, people like to throw this one around a lot like it's challenging. You just run around the monster until it does an attack and then you heal while it's locked into the animation.

>3rd gen babies trying to shit on MHW

Attached: 1373412435082.jpg (800x600, 118K)

>Monsters can adjust their attack trajectory and you know it
You'd have a point if monsters like Jade Barroth existed in World but as it stands no monster can keep up with your movements.

I was one of the people who thought that MHW wouldn't be a success. In the end i was wrong, but i still think it wasn't unreasonable to expect it to flop.
I firmly believe that it's pretty much a miracle that it did as well as it did and i have no idea how.
That said 10 mil sales is still not much in comparison to the really huge AAA shit but a big step up for an actual action game.

Attached: 1562073276698.png (233x213, 49K)

whats the load times on pc? with an ssd in my ps4 pro its about 6 seconds to ancient forest (which takes the longest)

I'm pretty sure even Capcom themselves didn't have high hopes for World's sales.

>How?
because you can just chug a potion while sticking right next to the monster as you run circles around it and never have to disengage to find an opening
>Barely an issue in older games either
Yeah, neither is dodging through a tail swipe or a roar. It doesn't mean the task should just be removed from the game

I'm really amazed at how boring and lifeless this game is, I would sooner play some generic asian mmo because even those have more gameplay mechanics than monster hunter. Why do you fags shill for this piss filter shovelware?

It wasn't removed though.

I fail to see the problem with it considering the game was balanced around it. You can still be hit quite easily because it shows you down and any interruption to the animation will cut the healing effect short. And before you start bitching about how it makes healing free, it's no more free than it was in previous games where you could literally just leave the zone and do it whereas the monsters will follow you to the next zone now. And no matter how many times you try to defend it, the pose was fucking stupid. It was amusing in theory and added character, sure, but it was a terrible design choice that was arbitrarily added because they couldn't come up with a logical and mechanical reason to punish you for healing at a bad time in the middle of combat. There's nothing wrong with rooting you in place to do it but the pose did nothing but arbitrarily extend the animation by so much more than it needed.

This is a joke post, right? Capcom had even said before the game was even out that this was the new direction they were hoping to take the series. Not to mention the budget they put towards building an entirely new engine and making completely new models for everything and the work they put into making more interactive environments. Why would they have said it done any of this if they weren't expecting it to perform well?

>but i still think it wasn't unreasonable to expect it to flop
Careful what you say, you might get called a nintenbabby. But yeah, bases on previous console outings it was a completely reasonable expectation because nothing has made console MH games sell prior to world so it's kind of a mystery as to how it did. I mean, even Tri had a fairly large advertising campaign and didn't even hit 2m.

it was
>it shows you down
barely, you can even run while drinking
>you could leave the zone
and waste your time doing so, getting hit was punished harshly
>the pose is dumb
So fucking what? They could just as easily made the drinking animation twice as long for the same effect, it's irrelevant.

OP here.
If you're still here, think of a very barebone MH, like Tri in terms of monster count.
Now, do you know the cycle of MH? Craft gear -> defeat monster -> craft better gear for bigger monster? Ok, now make it the whole game.

Remove everything else: poogies, farm, exploration, different kind of quests, monster capture, felynes, the meals, the cutscene to introduce the monsters, etc
So you only have the board to get one type of quest (you can hunt only ONE monster in one of the maps, no matter which because they are all empty with no creatures other than the monsters and barely any item to gather) and the blacksmith to craft gear. That's it.
Also every armor and weapon have the same strength at the same level, only the ability changes. And every equipment has exactly 15 levels, each of them requiring mostly generic orbs, not the specific part of the monsters. You're building a Thunder weapon? You need Thunder Orbs and the generic orbs of a certain level.

On top on that, add a much more limited combat system, monsters which are very predictable after 2 times you fight them and have tiny movesets, a small roster, only 6 weapons (each of them way simpler than any MH weapon) a very shtty endgame locked behind actual EXP levels.

Since you can't do anything else but hunting all the time, you just go through the "story" as fast as possible. And you fight 3 or 4 "versions" of each monster, since the monster count is so small. So after a week you're at the end, no monster is a menace anymore and the few things to do left require 20 more levels, so you should spend dozens of hours grinding shit you don't need.

>building an entirely new engine
Look at this retard.

>That said 10 mil sales is still not much in comparison to the really huge AAA shit
Well no shit. It may have a AAA budget but it's still coming from a niche as fuck series compared to what we typically see from other AAA games.

so is this game actually bad or do people just shit on it unfairly? might pick it up during the sale.

It's good, it just made a bunch of stupid changes to the formula to appeal to a new crowd

>Why would they have said it done any of this if they weren't expecting it to perform well?
Hopes and expectations are two entirely different things you retard.

None of that means they were expecting it to almost triple the sales of the previous highest selling game in the series and become the best selling Capcom game of all time. I imagine they were expecting a modest success, but not that.

It's meh and some weapons had strange changes.

It's great and the only people that shit on it are nintendies who are upset they'll never get another mainline game on their switch

the people who say it's bad are really, really passionate fans of the prior games who are incredibly upset at any slight change to the base formula. For example, people who like MHW are often called "worldsperm" by them and so on.
Some of the criticisms are valid but for the most part it's just autists being autists.
If you haven't played MH before and you're looking for a really good action game you'll likely be very happy with the game unless you're one of those who can't get used to the controls for some reason.

It's good, the only complaints people seem to have for it is removal of jank. Hitboxes actually matching the monster, using items on the move and the removal of the armor split.

It's good, but it's probably the least fun I've had with a Monster Hunter game out of the ones that I've played since Tri.

The QoL changes are incredibly nice, but there's so much stupid shit Capcom does that makes the negatives somewhat outweigh the positives. Still, I put 100 hours into it on PS4 and now have 60 hours on it on PC with no signs of stopping.

Attached: 1417530967460.gif (440x300, 1001K)

me? to try it.

>the only complaints people seem to have for it is removal of jank
hysterical

>and waste your time doing so
Not an argument. The point is that you can do it and still get away with it. The only time you can possibly get punished for it is a hunt with such a strict time limit that every second counts but I can't think of a single one where that is the case.

The point is that you could always get away with a free heal in previous games. Hunting solo? Run to the next zone. Hunting with others? Let them distract the monster while you shuffle off to the sidelines to do it. Being able to move while healing changes fucking nothing of significance.

Besides, I'm going to bring up the point that no matter what you fucking say about difficulty and casualization, the fact of the matter is that World doesn't have the G rank equivalent yet and every single one of you fanboys that bitches about the difficulty also says that G rank is the only part of the game that actually matters or poses any challenge. To takeaways from that are 1. maybe all of this seems easier to you because you're already experienced in the series and how it works and 2. you're fucking playing on what you already call the easy mode because we don't have the actual hard mode hunts yet. Maybe wait and see what master rank is actually like and how these changes affect that before you go bitching about how easy the easy mode hunts are?

The only legit complaints I've seen with the game are hunters debatable being a bit OP and the scoutflies being shit, thankfully we're going to be allowed to disable them in iceborne.

>monsters are literally ice lavasioth, ice barroth, ice kushala
>fanboys will deny they expected new skeletons
You should revise the title to say "people who played the game (singular) for up to 10,000 hours and never touched another monster hunter" because the series is full of heinous copy pasting and anyone who's played more than one monster hunter knows this shit. If you expected new skeletons, you set yourself up for disappointment. Not gonna bother reading the rest when it's that uninformed right out of the gate.

Attached: example-54931.jpg (1024x1024, 68K)

It's shit. I'm really sour about the direction it's taking the series into.

Attached: ULUS10391_00068.jpg (960x544, 121K)

Sorry I'm late

List of problems with Monster Hunter World:

>Inb4 "b-but nintendo..."

>Healing while running; dodging while drinking, sharpening, eating; moving while shooting
>Traps are placed almost instantly
>Weapons in general are more mobile and stronger, think adept + brave movesets from XX combined
>Overall DPS for weapons was raised up to G rank levels in a High Rank game
>Mounting can activate after only 1 hit, guarantees a mount or two every hunt
>Environment recovers health, puts the monster to sleep, paralyzes it, damage, etc., almost never benefiting the monster
>You have access to your full box even during hunts
>The temporal mantle automatically dodges any attacks that would launch you the same way adept did but without player input
>Other mantles can give things like a full health bar
>Monsters have been given more generous weakspots, like Diablos with a 40 MV in its horns for blunt weapons, as well as a new 45/63/40 weakspot on its head
>THE CHANGES ABOVE AREN'T INHERENTLY NEGATIVE AND WOULD BE FINE WERE THE GAME DESIGNED IN A DIFFERENT WAY, however, the monsters themselves are slower and less aggressive when compared to old gens, they rarely string moves together and have slow and predictable attacks in general, Pink Rathian is a good example
>To add challenge added tempered monsters, who are just like regular monsters (slow as ever) with inflated damage, that's it, it's difficult to even notice the difference for most monsters
>And then there's Arch Tempered monsters, which have demonstrated that Capcom, when tasked to make existing monsters more difficult, instead of making them more aggressive or faster, will instead double down on their shitty gimmicks (Vaal), raise their damage do simply absurd levels (Kirin) give it one badly designed move (Nerg) and/or make them spam AoE attacks (Xeno). These are badly designed monsters made just for challenge’s sake, not a proper way to address the difficulty complaint.

Attached: 1555385811994.png (1434x430, 429K)

>For example, people who like MHW are often called "worldsperm" by them and so on.
You're reading way too deeply into that shit. It's no different than calling somebody who started with Tri a Tribab, or calling Monster Hunter fans in general MonHunfags.

Bring back the shuffling. It's integral to Monster Hunter and we've seen how its gameplay suffered once its gone.

Attached: grandpa shuffle.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

Not bad but it definitely is extremely underwhelming and lacking in monster variety especially since it's missing leviathans and big neopterons. Some weapons also had some dumb changes making them a lot more clunky or useless compared to their predecessors like the lack of SnS oils and the absolutely huge run up the CB's forward axe slash has.

If you're an MH fan you'll definitely hate it or get bored within an hour especially given how many cutscenes it has but if you aren't you can at least have some dumb fun

It made a lot of quality of life changes that deeply angered people who think tedium is difficulty. Many of the complaints are still valid, but they also apply to literally every MH game ever. The game is fairly easy for veterans, but a new player will still feel challenged and the expansion will add a 3rd difficulty setting that does more than just beef up health and damage numbers. If this is your kind of game then you can easily get hundreds of hours of fun out of it. I've been playing this series since the PS2 days and world makes it hard to go back.

>Everything has an element it is weak to, good raw weakspots are always good elemental weakspots
>Though you might have trouble finding an elemental weapon worth using, considering the game leans too heavily on fire element monsters, resulting in a boring roster of 34 monsters, of which most are tutorials (Great Jagras), gimmicks (Zorah, Behemoth, Kulve), irrelevant (Dodogama) or straight up garbage (Lunastra, Vaal)
>It can't be overstated how awful Zorah is, it might surprise you that it was the monster the team worked the hardest on, requiring a separate division just for it
>Lavasioth was changed from a fun fight to a half assed attempt at giving it the Agnaktor gimmick but without anything that make both it or Lavasioth great
>And Behemoth specifically is a fucking disgrace and a representation of everything wrong with World. AoE spam, annoying gimmicks, inflated damage, tremors, awful design, you name it. It's attempts to imitate the gameplay styles of MMOs failed completely simply because Monster Hunter wasn't designed to be an MMO
>Extreme Behemoth is everything just mentioned above except 2x worse, much like the ATs, it’s challenge for challenge's sake without the thought needed to make it fun to being with
>Leshen is the exact same as Behemoth except somehow worse, this time it doesn't even attempt to be like a MH monster
>And Kulve is a massive waste of potential. What could’ve been a fun and challenging fight against a huge monster similar to Ukanlos ended up being a gimmicky mess that could take you from 20 to 50 minutes of attacking a barely moving damage sponge just to reach its true phase, where the fight actually begins, and you don’t even get to kill it in the end
>The rewards for killing it are weapons barely any better from the ones in the game already, and are in no way a replacement for the relic system in 4U, but they also happen to be the best weapons in the game
>it's a timed event monster as well

Attached: 1537088700638.png (1880x380, 274K)

MHW is a tough game to evaluate, because it takes away a lot of the really janky unnecessary shit of prior games, and a lot of boring shit like gathering quests, but it also introduces a lot of changes that give the player a lot of power while the monsters basically remain the same as they were and get no new tools.
More than in any other prior monster hunter game hunters are really overpowered in this game and monsters end up becoming little more than glorified punching bags. That is, until you fight Arch Tempered monsters which are basically just difficulty done wrong.

At the end of the day i'd still rather play MHW than 99% of other games.

Just so you know that image was created to discredit criticism not as a list of them.

>wait a minute, that card: the post

Attached: wait a minute that card.jpg (640x360, 80K)

>Xeno is yet another damage sponge final boss
>Their attempt to fix it with the AT resulted in a damage sponge that spams so much AoE that it looks like it would fit right in a frontier game
>Chasing down the monster takes a lot longer than in previous games, it’s not a matter of just going into the loading zone, now you need to follow it through the entire map as it makes its way unnaturally to another zone, you can throw pods into the monster to stop it, but this results in you fighting it in basically a corridor
>3 monsters per area means monsters encounters are much more common, turf wars take you away from hunts, basically a cutscene that triggers in the middle of the hunt, and are always very unnatural and robotic, Bazelgeuse is specifically designed to interrupt you, forcing you to waste your time throwing dung pods and waiting, it gets old very fast
>Most of the weapons in the game are reskins of the bone and iron weapon models, with monster parts glued on it, only a few of them become original models later
>New skill system removes negative skills and makes so you can both fit in a ton of skills, contributing to the power creep and that using full sets almost never worth using, making the classic “fashion vs optimal armor” battle even more one sided
>No gunner armor. Alpha and beta armor are not replacements to the old gunner / blademaster dynamic because both usually have the same skills on them and look almost the same
>They went for a generic orchestral soundtrack that fails to match the quality of the older tracks, this includes the music for past monsters, which was changed for the worse
>Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC
>Event related emotes and stickers cost money as well
>Event quests only available only during a certain timeframe. This means essential, end game gear, are going to be locked behind a time frame, like the gamma armor from ATs
>Guild and village quests were merged, worsening multiplayer and lowering the amount of quests

Attached: 1552065031690.png (645x1090, 311K)

World is casualized(ie "QoL changes") Monster Hunter. So while it "feels" nice. It lost most of it's depth and skill ceiling/floor. It's still better than most Ames out there, it's just disappointing as a fan of the series watching it turn into a normie pandering game.

>The lobby system is awful, it's so bad that it needs a list for itself, but I don't think that's necessary, as everyone who has played the game can see for themselves
>Playing the story missions with other people requires you to see the cutscene first, then send an SoS signal and only then having people join
>Only way to reliably play with randoms is to use the SoS system, which means you will be fighting with people you know nothing about who will leave as soon as the monster is dead
>SoS system doesn’t work though, most of the time you search a quest, you don't find anything, implying that there is no one fighting that monster, however, if you try to search for it again immediately, you might end up finding open quests that you should have found on your first search. You can also end up finding a set of quests the first time you search, search again and find a different set of quests. The game never shows you all quests at once, it makes finding quests for less common monsters and specific investigation needlessly complicated. The system is broken, and it still hasn't been fixed
>They killed all sense of comradery the older games had thanks to the many changes to the way multiplayer works, people don't talk, don't interact and aren't even visible to your outside of the quests most of the time
>No way to play offline without turning off the internet
>Loading is much longer than before, with quests needing two different loading screens
>You can't pause the game
>Armor fusion removed, new system limits the player on what sets they can wear based on event quests that may go away at any time
>Only 1 palico, no different classes
>Seasonal events are a joke, their armors are not worth using, the emotes cost money, the changes to the hall are superficial and the event quests are mostly worthless
>Item sets are hidden behind a number of menus, radial menu is tied to the item set loadouts, can’t see what monster parts you have from the box itself

Attached: 1552981668264.jpg (4072x2370, 1.55M)

>Not to mention the budget they put towards building an entirely new engine
World uses MT Framework, dumbass. The engine that gave us Dead Rising, DMC4, Lost Planet 2, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate to name a few.

Attached: MHXX Switch Demo Valfalk Brave Gunlance ¤6_12¤.webm (1280x720, 1.28M)

What the fuck how is he avoiding Plesioth like that?

the flagship fight of MHXX and it looks like shit running at like 26 fps lmao

>Deluxe kit necessary for new armor set
>Pre order necessary to obtain Yukumo layered set
>This confirms that the awful layered system still hasn't been replaced by a proper armor fusion, and the timed event quests are back
>Banbaro doesn’t do much outside of charging at the player and hitting its head on the ground. Continues the World tradition of annoying tremors that combo into hits.
>Beotodus is Jyuratodus reskin with snow instead of mud and a few new moves. Easy, as expected
>The monsters above use the same animations in their turf war as the Barroth vs Jyuratodus one
>Nargacuga has been neutered, tail is now a weakspot, does little damage, cannot keep up with the powercreep of World, dead within 5 minutes. It felt like an early game monster similar to Tobi
>Tigrex now has awful hitboxes, likely intentional, as a way of adding artificial difficulty to an already easy fight. It has been slowed down tremendously and its roar only does damage when its enraged. In the demo, it was given inflated damage values, a sign of things to come.
>Velkhana looks like yet another reuse of the Kushala skeleton
>The weapon models still look like bone and iron metals with monster parts glued to them. The iconic Nargacuga IG has been replaced by a generic iron model, all the weapons in the demo are bone and iron reskins
>It’s obvious that they kept the same "shitty movie soundtrack" mentality for the expansion. Narga's music is awful, as expected, and so is Tigrex’s
>New hunter actions makes the hunter even more overpowered. You can now activate a mount from a slinger shot, something every single weapon can do now, and there are new moves for every weapon. This follows the same design philosophy of world, making the hunter overpowered and the monsters a joke so braindead people can still beat the game
>Palico skill that revives you and gives a free cart, on top of felyne insurance

Feel free to add to the list

Attached: 1542158607295.png (1280x720, 1M)

is this the copypasta thread? there's a lot of walls of text in here and i refuse to believe people are actually typing all that shit out

How new are you?

>It made a lot of quality of life changes
Not really no. A lot of these QoL changes people claim are from world either came from previous games or aren't QoL changes at all and do nothing to actually improve upon the game often being entirely superficial.

See

delete this

We can still save Monster Hunter, by killing it so Nintendo can buy out the IP.

Attached: Koizumi.png (259x345, 107K)

Attached: 1562278772587.png (500x510, 152K)

>and a lot of boring shit like gathering quests,
They still exist in world user. Not to mention to unlock certain food items you need to gather items.

In your dreams sonyfag.

You know what my favourite QoL change in World is?
That you now have to arbitrarily max out health and stamina with potions if you want the best damage buff from food, while most previous games just gave it all from maxed out food.

Attached: shish.jpg (707x682, 74K)

>it also introduces a lot of changes that give the player a lot of power while the monsters basically remain the same as they were and get no new tools
I've been saying this literally since the day it came out. This is the reason so many people complain the game is easy. Previous games relied on that jankiness for its difficulty. The game was just as much about positioning as actually fighting the monster, but now, the players can fine tune their attack direction mid-swing, move out of the way of something while using an item, etc, etc, while the monster's still just as clunky as ever.4

Yeah, some idiot dug it up because recently we've been able to talk about MH without the usual "but Nintendo..." nonsense and we can't have that now.

Nintendo ruined Monster Hunter. World is the culmenation of all the shit changes 3rd gen and especially 4th gen added. Peak MH was PS2/PSP MH.

>400 replies over a copypasted steam review

Attached: sigh.png (343x773, 232K)

You wanted to know what were the problems with World, didn't you? The game is so flawed that it needed 5 walls of text to properly mention its issues.

>removal of the armor split
Yes because I like my male character being dressed like a brick shit house in bulky as fuck armor, but my defense being cut in half all because I'm using a ranged weapon. That's so much better than say wearing lighter armor because I'm using a fucking gun. Oh wait. It's not. At all.

Attached: d6mcjrr-4410c219-78c5-49c3-8304-bd962e4c5da4.jpg (577x852, 533K)

>You wanted to know what were the problems with World, didn't you?
No. Literally nobody asked.

>Nintendo ruined Monster Hunter
Sony.
P3rd is a psp game, remember.

going by your logic the healing should be instantaneous if the player were to stand still. That isn't how it works though, it'll take the same amount of time whether you move or not, making it a fool's choice not to move. There is no downside to moving while drinking a potion, which removes the penalty of doing something at the wrong time, which in turn trivializes bad decision making, making fights less challenging

This is true. Looking back I can't believe I put up with the shit gimmicks in 3 and 4.

See

What you described there isn't what jankiness means at all.

who fucking cares?
>waaah my GUNNER armor doesn't look slightly different from the blademaster armor? shit game fuck crapcom

welcome to monster hunter threads, where if you don't start a thread off with shitposting, the mods delete it, circa whatever year /vg/ was created

P3rd wasn't the first 3rd gen game, and it was also the best of them.

you recover health faster if you stand still while drinking the potion

>but my defense being cut
Why should you give a shit? Gunners shouldn't be anywhere near a monster.

>posted July 7th and after this thread was made

You literally just made posted that review to make it seem like it was copy pasta and to discount everything the OP said.

How fucking pathetic are you? This is beyond sad as fuck, you lying sack of shit.

>plays RPG
>complains about grinding and gear being replaced

Attached: fashfoiaesfadfed.png (600x583, 253K)

clunkiness

>The point is that you could always get away with a free heal in previous games. Hunting solo? Run to the next zone
1 and a half year later and retards still vomit this retarded point. Impressive.

Actually, Iceborne is gonna flop so hard

>releasing a full year too late, at the same time as other games such as Borderlands 3
>disappointing reveal with shitty trailers and livestreams, and nothing else
>normalfags already lost all interest and won't return to the game
>veterans left the franchise after vanilla World and have returned to GU
>capcom clearly damage controlling the roster by scrambling to return as many old monsters as they can.

World was a lucky shot because the first months of 2018 were totally devoid of releases, but now they are fucked.

Attached: 1518553077681.png (1010x838, 592K)

I thought you already could disable them.

Really, I think they just need to make monster tracks stand out a little more from the environment and actually make them more indicative of where the monster is going. The reason you need scoutflies isn't as a crutch but because finding a random hunk of snot doesn't actually tell you much if there is no other indication of where the monster came from and where it might have went. You only really get that from footprints but even then, I've found footprints that were facing the literal opposite direction the monster actually traveled plenty of times before.

I can't believe you still have the audacity to live when you miss the point of that post this hard.

you are completely fucking insane lmao. i dont even own the fucking game

seethe more nintentoddler

I wish, but Monster Hunter is normalfag garbage now like Pokemon. It's guaranteed to sell.

>t.raged nintentoddler
tldr btw

smrepsdlrow eiD

Prepare the next thread once this hits the bump limit. We are not through fighting this war to bring down World.

Attached: ice maps v2.jpg (1830x930, 620K)

>now
5 million gook children bought P3rd

>P3rd wasn't the first 3rd gen game
You're right but it was one of the worst games in the series and removed every beneficial change (increased monster aggression, higher damage in lr and hr) Tri brought on top of some graphical changes that stuck like caves that are always just as bright as the outside world. It's also the game that made capcom go with the 3ds over the vita.

There's a reason why no one looks on it fondly.

>he keeps making the shitendo map bigger
>he keeps acting as if loading zones are part of the map
>he keeps making the iceborne map smaller
OH NO NO NO NO NO...
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
how fucking embarrassing kek

Attached: lies.png (1100x496, 839K)

The point being you're a whiny bitch? Otherwise you don't really have one do you.

>having a sense of identity is considered wrong now
At least on PC you can mod the armor so gunners can actually feel like gunners. Besides why do you care if there was a split? What are you some autist that made both sets for one monster?

Attached: Gravios Gunner.png (734x678, 650K)

yeah you could, and then risk the chance of being attacked as soon as you go back into the fight before you have a chance to react, as you dont know where the monster is going to be if it isnt painted or if it is the middle of an ongoing attack animation

>What is The Culling

1 and a half years later and not a single retard has been able to say why it's wrong. "But it wastes time!" is not an argument because as I have already started, there are no hunts that come that down to the wire and if you're still consistently cutting things that close, running away to heal isn't there only problem you have with your strategy.

Mostly because the first month of MHW on PC was such an unfinished mess
>emulated analog instead of proper mouse control
>texture not showing on max
>thunder effect turned into fps sinkhole
>non-functional online
This were fixed months ago with updates and now you can download high res texture dlc if you have 8GB card minimum

i don't care, that's why i don't give a shit that it was removed

Gen u on switch has a controller. Mh3u has a controller. Both are better than world.

It's not clunkiness either. There's nothing inherently clunky or janky about having to predict where a monster is going to be and then positioning accordingly, that's the entire point of the combat and what separates it from a lot of other games in the genre. Jank and clunkiness comes from crap hitboxes and wonky AI that make proper positioning either stupidly difficult or braindead easy, and those things were becoming rarer and rarer long before World came around.

Because they were new and you aren't going back to the previous titles you've already put hundreds of hours into. It's why most of the people who say World is garbage are also either playing World or not playing MH at all.

man. so there is no sense of life to the game then.

Wow ur bad

form your own opinions for once in your life

>1 and a half years later and not a single retard has been able to say why it's wrong
Not him but everyone always says why, the most common reason being that it elongates hunts unnecessarily.

But I'm willing to bet you don't see that as a flaw of it.

>Size = good
Are all Worldfags this retarded?

>you dont know where the monster is going to be if it isnt painted
Wait, people don't paint the monster?
>or if it is the middle of an ongoing attack animation
It's not going to just be flailing around wildly if there isn't something in the some for it to attack. I've never once seen this happen during a solo hunt.

>increased monster aggression, higher damage in lr and hr
What are you even talking about? There is no difference between Tri and P3rd in this regard.
>There's a reason why no one looks on it fondly.
Yes, that reason being that it never released outside of nippon and people had to wait for a fan translation if they didn't read moonrunes.

What the fuck were you doing?

>Previous games relied on that jankiness for its difficulty.
Then why isn't world harder?
They made a lot of terrible weapon changes and messed with the fluidity, some weapons now have animations you can't roll cancel out of where you could in previous games.

>Steam Review Posted: 7 Jul @ 2:49pm
>way after this thread was even made

You're actually a fucking retard. I genuinely suggest you neck yourself for being such low IQ, lying, lowlife, or at the very least stop posting forever. You deserve a lifetime ban for being such a faggot.

I'm probably going to be called a shitter since this is my first proper MH the only MH I played before that was Tri on fucking Dolphin Emulator and the community since particulary anal about elitism, but I believe it's a pretty decent game.
The gameplay is fluid and fun even with mouse and keyboard, although a little strange to pick up at first, the monsters have their own movesets and gimmicks that separate them from each others, the soundtrack is okay and the game is pretty.
My complains are the retarded Capcom delay compared to the console version, there aren't that much monsters compared to the previous games from what I've looked up, the weapons design are, for the most part, absolutely horrendous and the armor skill system will break your balls if you're looking for efficiency, the very poor layer of the hub and the fucking unskippable cutscenes.
I've also read that it run rather poorly, but after disabling that meme-setting in the graphic options that give a fog effect, I haven't had an issue even with a shitton of monsters all at the same time.
All in all, I'd say that for 30 bucks it's a pretty good deal.

Attached: 1556029921006.jpg (245x246, 14K)

its a solid game. There are the whiners and all that, but there are many things that were lowered down to to make the game more accessible to the first time players, which earned the ire of the players who have been playing since the very first ps2 title.

Yeah, it really baffles me when someone goes "just keep playing the old games they won't go away so what's the problem???"

MHW G-ranks will piss easy by default because you have unlimited Max- and Ancient potions that are instant and heal you to full.

>Running to the next zone takes time depending on your position, leaves you open for hits
>Fights naturally gravitate to the center of the arena, difficulty zoning out to heal even more
Now tell me, what do all of these quests have in common?

Attached: 1542123780865.png (534x416, 47K)

Well you can "grind but it doesn't feel like it" and we can just play for fun.

Why the fuck were you gathering shit for potions durring a quest?

an actual worldsperm ladies and gents

Playing the game nigga

>There is no difference between Tri and P3rd in this regard
False.
If you had actually played Tri or any game preceeding it you would know that monsters tended to attack players far more frequently than they did after p3rd. Now monsters have a lot more downtime where they're just standing there doing nothing even if they aren't fatigued.

>that reason being that it never released outside of nippon
Also false, while it wasn't released in the west it still did gain its bad reputation. If that was a factor then it wouldn't have any at all.

all artificial difficulty unfun shit

you are out of your mind dude. take it up with maniac or whoever, i'm not him

>worldsperm
>started with tri
His analysis is abysmal but its not because he's a worldsperm, he's just a retard.

What can I say, beside a snes and PS1 I have never owned any consoles since I'm rather poor, not only that I did mentionned it's my first proper entry into the serie.
That aside, I can't say I'm surprised the only thing you were able to come up with was namecalling.

I don't because the efficiency of a hunt comes down to you as a player. Not everyone plays MonHun to speedrun hunts. If you want to be efficient, you take the time to learn your openings. If you don't care, you can run to the next zone. Again, the point isn't that it is inefficient to do so. The point is that it's an option with no punishment. Wether or not doing it makes you a scrub isn't the argument here.

You would say that

also i just bought a copy of this game in order to figuratively spit in your face for being such an insane autist

cry about it

Attached: getcucked.png (364x148, 83K)

Do tell me why please, I'd rather learn that repeat my mistakes.

>If you had actually played Tri
I actually played Tri and firmly believe there is zero fucking difference unless it's a specific case of a monster going through animation/moveset changes like Alatreon.
>Also false, while it wasn't released in the west it still did gain its bad reputation.
Where does it have bad reputation? Show me the bad reputation. All I ever heard is people being lukewarm and recommending it for being easy. Also, show me evidence of those aggression differences while you're at it.

>Again, the point isn't that it is inefficient to do so
You do realise elongating the hunt is the definition of inefficient, right?

>you have unlimited Max- and Ancient potions
Source: my ass

you surely showed that stranger by giving money to a corporation

Jesus Christ I hope you didn't actually buy it.
That nigga played you like a fiddle.

>m-merely pretending
let this be a lesson to you

Attached: getcucked2.png (709x125, 100K)

You're the one suggesting that that Steam review is the origin for this thread, when the thread was made before that review was even posted.

Check the time the review was posted, and your time for when this thread was made.
steamcommunity.com/id/wgod/recommended/582010/

It's your money and I'm not that autismo, but I still think it's pretty dumb to throw it away just like that.

Attached: 1559576580543.jpg (446x448, 45K)

You can craft the items (including potions) instantly from the item wheel and if you run out of the materials you can go the camp and get more from your item chest. As long as you have farmed the materials you can have as many Max- and Ancient potions as you want during the hunt.

Wow.
I never thought anyone could be this stupid.

He WANTED you to buy the game and you took the bait like an absolute retard.

Attached: 1558099022342.jpg (1024x683, 73K)

Attached: 1559356681073.png (610x573, 519K)

I didn't say that it wasn't. I think you need to read my post again. Efficiency comes down to you and your tactics. As long as you can finish the hunt, how efficient you want to be comes down to you as a player. Efficiency is not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing that you CAN.

Cope

i didn't check the timestamps like an insane fucking autist but i was immediately accused of posting the OP of this thread to a steam review under my steam account in order to what?

all that merely to discredit the criticism of a shitpost thread on Yea Forums

you have severe autism along with that guy and i'm glad my purchase made you mad

not at all, $30 is a small price to get this amped

this level of cope is fucking embarassing dude, clearly i made a great purchase today

Attached: 1562034288519.jpg (400x400, 37K)

Technically you are limited by the materials in your item chest, but it might as well be unlimited because if you take so many potions that you ran out you are not going to clear the hunt anyways.

Nah I agree 30 bucks is not a huge amount, but fuck man money is money.
Well, I hope you enjoy the game regardless.

>clearly i made a great purchase today
If you like it then good for you, you got lucky.
If you don't you literally just gave your money away to capcom and gaben just because a shill got under your skin.

your sacrifice was not in vain

thanks bro. what weapon is fun to play?

Is it really that hard though? As somebody that started with Tri, but still actively plays Freedom Unite from time to time despite putting hundreds of hours into World, what makes it so hard to go back?

Attached: Rage the Game.png (447x425, 131K)

>ice kushala
Nigger what

Oh, that's all? So you're telling me you have infinite materials stockpiled to do that with? Not to mention, if you're having to run back to camp that many times because you keep chewing through that many max/ancient potions, you're not going to finish that hunt anyway because you're going to run out the clock with all the time you're wasting.

bro you're so dumb, it's not even funny. just admit you got called out. this thread precedes that review that you claimed to be the origin of this """""copy pasta""""" thread.

you were lying to damage control for MHWorld, and that is very sad.

>Spends $30 to a game just to figuratively spit in someone's face on Yea Forums
>calls others autistic
I got some news for you buddy

yeah i can live with that

i have never played a monhun game in my entire life until today in about an hour because of you

you just gave $30 to capcom how do you feel?

cope

I hate butthurt ninten-drone faggots so much. Just let us discuss the fucking game in peace.

its not a problem per se, but you can still be punished for doing so, as you can lose track of the monster in the area if it isn't painted or it could be doing an attack that will smack you as soon as you load in which negates the purpose of you leaving the zone to begin with

the attack buttons being on Square and X in the nintendo games

>not knowing areas
>not knowing when to heal
Christ. I bet you use long sword and only go for the heads

>i have never played a monhun game in my entire life until today in about an hour because of you
>you just gave $30 to capcom how do you feel?

I don't care, because that wasn't even the point. You're moving goal posts to damage control. Enjoy being a compulsive liar retard and shilling for some corporation. Like I care what shitty games you decide to buy with your neetbux. Enjoy.

hmm hmm. well i more or less stopped playing the game shortly before the assassin creed crossover, so i wouldnt have known that

Depend what you like really.
Opportunist? Great blade, charge blade.
Enjoy offensive? Long blade, hammer, the likes.
Defensively? Lances and nothing get past you, but don't get fooled lances are pretty offensive as well, it just mean you can shrug off most of the shit the monsters throws at you, and there's even ranged weapons as well.
Once you're past the initial cutscene and the Cheese McBeef guy showed your room, you'll have one weapon from each category in your chest and the cat allow you to go to a training room to test them out.

>removes the task of finding an opportunity to heal
Some monsties have your home address whenever you even think about downing a potion, what the fuck are you smoking?

You can carry with you materials for 10 ancient potions and 5 max potions and craft them instantly, if you seriously need more than that you should just stop playing. Also you don't need to run to the camp, you can just use the Farcaster to get to the camp instantly.

nice nice. i'll try defense first maybe

ohhh now you don't fucking care? lmao
pic related, fucking choke on it. i bet this isnt the outcome you wanted was it? capcom says thanks for the $30 US

Attached: getcucked3.png (1301x922, 112K)

Doesn't Kirin's AI prioritize targeting anyone trying to use items?

>This is the world fanbase
No wonder everybody hates them

speak for yourself son, i play any title i want when the mood strikes me, except freedom, as there is no point to playing that game anymore since gen brought back kokoto village

New thread:
Fight the good fight and save Monster Hunter.

Best $40 I've spent on a game in a long time
OP is a faggot

I didn't literally mean run as in hoof it on foot, I just meant that if you're making that many trips back and forth, farcaster or not, that wastes a ton of time.

Sad. Don't reply to me anymore.

you suck. every monster has preset areas which they go to and will pass over ones they dont. for example, rathian and rathalos start in the nest area in deserted island, then fly to the area leading to connects the cave where the jaggis nest and the water way to the ocean. I f you have to lave the zone to heal, then you failed to learn the attack patterns of whatever it is you are fighting. If tracking it is a problem you can always paintball. and if you failed to do that you only have yourself to blame.

fucking rekt