I just downloaded Steam for the first time

What should I do now?

Attached: 5C2FF023-A876-4605-95AE-5F3C84C5A872.png (512x512, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L1XQSMr1Slo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

install it

Buy the pre-CSGO Valve games.

I installed it and have $40 to spend on games. The question is what I should spend it on though.

rule 1 & 2

games

Team fortress 2, spend all your money on hats and taunts

the sales going on now, So find some cool games that interest you, delete steam and pirate them ;^)

Depends, what kind of games do you like?
Assuming you don't emulate, you can get the first 10 megaman games for like $13 which is a great deal.
If you like rpgs: Final fantasy constantly has sales where the games go down to $7 each, sometimes lower.
Racing games are plentiful
Weebshit games are also plentiful

Rule 1
>All posts should pertain to video games, their consoles, and video game culture. Threads should remain on topic and stay in theme with the board. Don't post off-topic garbage.
I’m not off-topic bruh.

Rule 2
>Flaming/flagrant "fanboyism"/etc. will not be tolerated.
I just installed Steam for the first time and asking questions, so I’m not really a fanboy.

Delete it.

The mods allow smash threads, so rule 2's clearly never held any weight

coping retards

Wee shot is good but I’m mostly looking for games exclusively on Steam that I can’t get otherwise. My roommate for instance recommended that I get Garry’s Mod and Rust.

Uninstall and get Epic Games Store for all hot exclusive games.

HALF-LIFE SERIES BUT YOU CAN SKIP HL1 BUT YOU STILL NEED TO BUY IT FOR MODS

Ah.
Yes, gmod is exclusive to steam (not sure about rust)
Gmod is really fun if you have friends to play with and the computer specs to run it. It's not a hard game to run, but there are A LOT of addons, and it's very easy to get carried away with them.
One of my friends had 3k addons at one point, which you can imagine how much space that took, so choose wisely. And the more addons you have = longer loading times so keep that in mind if you decide to go addon crazy.

Buy Jet Set Radio.

Try the F2P games

buy rust, play it with friends
load poe, or via their own launcher

thats it

Which games you like user?

We don't/can't you think for yourself? We don't know who the fuck you are or what you like. Asking a collection of retarded trannies on a Vietnamese foot fetish board "what to buy" is like asking /g/ what cell phone you should buy.

>YOU CAN SKIP HL1
Fucking brainlet zoomers, HL1 is the best in the series and it's just 99 cents right now.

Attached: Half-Life.jpg (220x315, 33K)

>install PoE/Warframe
See you in 5 years.

Get the Valve Complete Pack. It's on sale for $7 (seven dollars) and comes with every Half-Life game, both Portals, both Left 4 Deads, every Counter Strike game, and some misc Valve classics.

then get garry's mod

Yeah, every newcomer to Steam should get at least the Valve complete pack more so that it is on sale.

Also TF2/CSGO/Warframe should cover your multiplayer needs.

I’m interested in playing games like Crusader Kings 2, Hotline Miami, and A Hat In Time, but I’m also looking for games that give me the full Steam experience while still being affordable. An user in this thread recommended Final Fantasy, but I’m already playing a bunch of those games on the Switch right now. I also have games like Sekiro and Bloodborne on the PS4 which I like, so should I get the Dark Souls games from Steam?

Okay, I’ll get this. Should I hold on to some money to spend in game?

You should buy a gallon of Clorox and drink it down.

The dark souls games are better on console imo. Especially since they took down the prepare to die edition, so the only game that has somewhat decent mod support now is 3 since people are too busy filing restraining orders against ds2.

Attached: 1558640853629.png (1198x827, 1.85M)

EGS will help you, hello friend, wanna game? I got Shenmue 3 and the fortnite

>The dark souls games are better on console
lol wut?

Souls games are for console, I see no point in getting them for PC unless you like "le funny xd" anime mods

Is there something wrong with that? They seem to work just fine.

Are you samefagging? Souls games are not better on console. Not even close.

you gotta be baiting for (you)s

R E N T
F R E E

Welcome to the Epic Games Store, we have Shenmue 3 and the Forth-night, Metrom Overworld and Funny.

1) Am not samefagging
2) How so? I always thought they were the same thing pretty much besides stuff like mods and more options.

I'm running DS3 on max quality settings and getting 50-60 FPS. I use my Xbox one controller when I don't feel like using M/K (which I typically use for all games except fast paced action games like Bayonetta).

Those extra frames that I get that you don't on console make a huge difference in game play and smooth actions. Especially against bosses like the Dancer where timing is everything.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I thought the console versions also ran at 60 fps?

Only on EGS

>buy rust
might as well get a second job

Current gen consoles are locked at 30 FPS. This is why consoles are flipping out about the next gen consoles coming out that are rumored to run at 60+

Oh. I was unaware of that, whoops.

I mentioned the Dancer because I have a friend who was a hard core console fanboy. He and I were playing through DS3 (well, I was on NG+2 or 3) and he was just getting ready to face the Dancer in his first run. Long story short he couldn't beat her to save his ass. Not because he was "bad" but he couldn't get the timing down. I let him play through my Dancer attempt on my PC with the higher frames. He had no problem beating her (even with her buffing due to NG+). I then let him play some R6 Siege, which my system runs at about 110 FPS vs his 30 FPS on the Xbox he was using. He did get ruined because he was using a controller, but he noticed how much smoother the game was and didn't experience as much of the "got shot behind a wall, wut?" situations. He ended up selling his Xbox and got a rig.

Oh? I wasn't aware it made that much of a difference in play. I can barely tell the difference between 30 and 60 honestly, so I wonder if switching to 60 for ds2 would help me not suck as much.

uninstall it, download epic

I wouldn't personally but I also don't play online games much

What is G2A

delete it and install epic launcher. it's leagues ahead of steam and with more games

Makes me so angry the hate-boner so many devs and blind sheep and shithead redditors have for G2A. It's no different from selling used physical games. Sure occasionally some nigger robs a family on christmas and sells the games on Ebay but that doesn't mean we should shut down all of Ebay and call it evil when the vast majority of game sales are by the legal owners. Devs are just greedy jews and are butthurt that their new perfect system they spent the last decade building up (digital distribution) in an effort to destroy the used games market and ensure that they get money for every person who plays the game has BACKFIRED and the people have found a way to keep the free vidya market alive in this oppressive digital age

Attached: angry_man_gun_shutterstock_155570561-800x430.jpg (800x430, 29K)

It does. Especially in actions like trying to parry or backstab. Frames DO matter. Also keep in mind that while your console is capped at 30 FPS, realistically you're only getting about 24 to 27.

I can't stand this guy but this is a good basic intro to understanding frames per second.

youtube.com/watch?v=L1XQSMr1Slo

Purchase and play a game.
I would recommend with buying the Valve complete bundle as a starter. $7 for a bunch of games. A fantastic place to start.
From there look for bundles or good deals that fit your taste.

My roommate said I should play this. Is this good?

Attached: 6F5FD3B7-8807-4E79-A514-52C9EF61D3B2.jpg (800x1117, 116K)

No, it was a mediocre fad. Most of those people are playing Fortnite now.

Sleeping Dogs
GTA IV
GTA Trilogy Bundle
Borderlands 2 Handsome Bundle
Just Cause 2
Saint's Row 4
Crysis
Mirror's Edge

Attached: 2QB5Org.png (4500x4334, 776K)

Get all the old Hitman games while the sale is still going. You can get the entire collection up until Absolution for 7€ or so (or whatever the equivalent of your currency is).
Get some of the better games during the sale too as long as you still can.

Go back in time to when Steam sales were good.

Vanquish
Bayonetta

Steam sale is good this year. I spent about $200 and got enough (40 or so) games to last me until the Winter sale.

based

The normie memes are real, what absolute pleb tier taste with fuck all variety.

t. boomer

Attached: 1480950624461.jpg (633x758, 126K)

Uninstall it and buy DOS-era games from GOG instead.

Buy Killer 7

true patrician right here

Tabletop sim, Steam workshop will give you 100% experience with its thousands games there

Play TF2 or Garry's Mod for a while

considering the time investment you are putting into the game. youll get one that way

yes

Your roommate is a dumbass, get a new one.

he's lying. Its 60 fps on my xbox one x

>not kys
fpwbf