Are there any bosses that would be considered elder god tier?

Are there any bosses that would be considered elder god tier?

Attached: 1392758647462.png (762x1120, 1017K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vwCQQwPc_O0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you think this image is correct in any shape or form you need to go back

Attached: 1562348825805.webm (720x400, 2.88M)

Papa dreichels
Trails of coldsteel is a series where you play as what’s basically a Hitlerjugend program, and every single action of yours is manipulated including the defeat of the final boss (pic related) which ends up saving the world for convoluted reasons.

Attached: 8E90DB34-9A8E-495B-90C3-768DCF89D7D3.png (759x795, 233K)

Tyrant from City of Heroes. He created a utopia and seeks to defend it from alternate dimension "heroes" who want to "free" the citizens of his world.

Jerghinga

>Didn't actually kill Kaiju Hamidon
>Nukes Nova Preatoria when his back was to the wall, killing everyone
>Basically a slave to a puddle

hmm

Attached: 01.jpg (1080x608, 78K)

this tier list was always retard villains who want power are always the best

t. unidimensional villain

You can have a good motive on top of just wanting power.

One of many reasons why OP image is bullshit

You forgot to add the part if any of this is written well, which the top two are not. Also some of those are capeshit (things that are inherently not written well) and not video games.

The best are the ones who start at the top then devolve down over time

Attached: Untitled.png (762x1120, 422K)

I never said his motivations were consistently elder god all the way to the end. They were at the height of his power and desperation is what lead him to fault. He still saved Praetorian Earth, used Hamidon to heal the world, and built an empire that was perfect, uniting all people beneath him until the Resistance decided to shit things up. Tyrant unironically did nothing wrong. He was a hero and all of the terrible things he did were basically a consequence of trying to protect humanity.

All me

Kreia.

Where’s the improved version of this that actually makes sense

Magus, he just wants to find his sister and take revenge on the world eating menace. Nothing wrong with that, the only problem is that he was too weak to defeat Lavos.

What would you rate "villain who's smart enough to use the main character to get to a favorable position but stupid enoufh to think double crossing the main character when he's done with him is a good idea"

Armstrong

Attached: B26AD59B-5732-44F3-BC0F-1FD59EED1CBE.png (972x807, 487K)

Caesars Legion

Ganon could almost be seen as high tier due to his lines in WW. It's not hard to believe his race suffered in the desert and because of rarely giving birth to a man, leading to some extreme poverty.

High. Intelligent and ruthlessly earns his position, but makes a fatal mistake at the top of his game due to cockiness or complacency.

v based.
Just like the good ol days after 9 11

you know who

Attached: 1561766706712.gif (498x282, 1.28M)

Mid tier. There are some good villains that do that, but also some really bad ones.

Attached: 1492547709169.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

I still don't know who that is in elder god tier. Kinda looks comic book-esque. I've never really read comic books. Anyone?

Devola and Popola from Nier

Wasn't Adachi literally just an incel?

Ozymandias from Watchmen

The quality of a villain has nothing to do with their motivations. The important part is that someone who actually knows how to write is writing them.

Redpillme on Ozymandias please.

undeniably a "good guy villain"

Attached: Andrew_Milton_rdr2.jpg (513x450, 35K)

Yes, which is why the incel board thinks he's a remotely good villain

>Villains whose motives are hard to find fault in and arguably better than the hero's
>This bitch doesnt want to suck my dick and this other highschool slut wont do it either, better murder them.
Adachifags make me laugh.

Attached: Kreia_art.jpg (980x1436, 106K)

Emet-Selch

Attached: ffxiv_07052019_011706_503.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

He dumps a space squid on earth
This is supposed to make every nation on the planet forget about their differences and unite to face a common threat
Ozymandias was an overrated villain

animal webm threads are about all the goodness Yea Forums has left to offer

You literally described Zobek from castelvania LOS

Attached: zobek.png (1787x1109, 2.04M)

All he wanted to do was free America.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

OP was about villains dude

Raiden was the real villain

Not a video game, but Tywin Lannister. His son was abducted, then his daughter foolishly started a war he had to fight. Then, some Northern kid proclaims himself king and wants to take half the kingdom (size) away from the fold. If Tywin allowed that, the rest of the kingdoms would follow soon and it would be total anarchy. So, he ordered the Freys to slit his throat, in order to end the war. Step by step, I can understand everything he did in the story. Except for Tyrion. But it's a complex story, we're talking about the war of the five kings here.

There you go OP
Adachi seems like he fits more between High and Mid tiers.
Having misdeeds done to them making him turn himself on society and revealing his true nature.

Attached: kisspng-off-undertale-batter-pepper-steak-game-oh-speech-5ad828e2c16b35.2003668215241156827923.jpg (900x780, 53K)

Lucifer from SMT.
Griffith from Berserk.
Solidus Snake from MGS2.
The Boss from MGS3.

Kills you at 19%

Attached: 250px-Ganondorf_SSBU.png (250x252, 87K)

No but here's another villain
Hunterchads strike again on every board at every hour, never relax.

Attached: 8zcsmU5.jpg.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Attached: 04a10396777950af-600x338.jpg (600x338, 49K)

Gwyn

Attached: 1562518014060.jpg (2048x1536, 1.72M)

I'll give you the cliff notes.
FULL spoilers here, be warned.
1/5

Attached: Life and times of Adrian Veidt 1.jpg (2230x1730, 1.61M)

>shitty nobody villain with tidbits of garbage lore
>you kill him either way because storylines don't exist in dork souls
kek the absolute state of fromcucks chiming in thinking they're hot shit
gwyn has less lore surrounding him than shitty nobody NPC's in other games do.

Attached: 1562515403628.png (762x1120, 892K)

Assuming my internet stops shitting itself.

Attached: Life and times of Adrian Veidt 2.jpg (2222x1789, 1.55M)

What are some villains who decide to join you?

Attached: 20190704154117_1.png (1280x720, 1.63M)

I think mid tier and high tier should be switched. I much prefer a Giygas villain to a "you killed my father!" villain.

This absolute dude

Attached: 1562204125598.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

sensible chuckle

No one has mentioned Handsome Jack and his perfect utopia free of raving bandits and lunatics

Handsome Jack is shit tier, just lusts for power. Doesn't matter what his end goal is, he enjoys being evil too much. So much that his end goal is a flimsy justification for him to do what he loves.

Attached: 1562515403628.png (762x1120, 527K)

Fountain was a trash tier villian

Literally did nothing wrong

Attached: 1541072301786.png (510x546, 9K)

Only brainlet retards can't find any faults in Ozymandias's intents and actions.

Fuck off Rorschach

Why Patrick Stewart had to betray you? I want him to read me a bedtime story

Attached: 1556298395141.jpg (640x643, 29K)

He may not have the best motive but I've always been really fond of Grahf as a villain.

Attached: Grahf.png (985x763, 425K)

He had a girlfriend so not really

Dettlaff was such a tragic story

Attached: 20190617054710_1.jpg (2560x1440, 286K)

This image kind sucks. The Elder God tier is too vague, and can include any number of the villains below it. Personally I like villains or i just doing it for power, its more realistic, as thats what most irl "villains" do. Im not a fan of 'le so random' villains with no motiavations at all and just do evil for the sake of it.

Those descriptions are honestly pretty accurate.

Attached: téléchargement.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>irl "villains"
Pray tell, who is included on this list?

His motive was weak as fuck desu

I hate this meme that villains can't be good if they're pure evil. All these fucking e-celebs spout the same idea that a villain has to have a motive or be relatable. Whatever happened to "crazy?"

Attached: 773.jpg (630x420, 199K)

Who would be the hero in this tier list? The consumer?

What is Fish Team's names again?

The tl;dr is
It's the Stratholme purge, the Genophage, the trolley question.
You can't know what the actual result and necessity of your actions will be until after the act, but knowing the possible consequences if you fail to act, do you put morals above lives or vice versa

Attached: Life and times of Adrian Veidt 3.jpg (2234x1757, 1.6M)

Attached: Life and times of Adrian Veidt 4.jpg (2242x1829, 1.49M)

One of the only good responses in here.

Attached: 1445775494569.gif (500x247, 856K)

and Abyssal King

Attached: iPhone_16.jpg (537x720, 137K)

Trump is either hero or elder God villain.

>villain
One of the Worst characters ever

What bothers me the most is the portrayal of intent vs action. A villain could burn towns, enslave children, and rape corpses but still be considered a "good person" because he's doing it for his family or something.

If none of these panels make sense, it's because they're skipping through time. It's a 12 issue series, these are just the panels that shine a light on what Adrian did and why. He was as dangerously intelligent as he was insane, hence the costume adventure. Which kept his worst nature occupied until resident nihilist the Comedian pushed him over the edge by asking his diseased mind what it would do if he and his costumed buddies woke up to see the night sky turn to day and realize all their superheroing against thugs was a waste of time compared to the real threats in the world.
His answer was to fake a bigger threat to indefinitely distract the world, by taking real lives.
It worked, but is that a good thing?

Attached: Life and times of Adrian Veidt 5.jpg (2222x941, 826K)

>a classic villain like the Joker is a bad character
What is up with people's taste, nowadays?

This is unironically ten times better than the shitty OP.

Joker isn't a bad character by any means, you just think so because he's become so mainstream and you think that makes him lame by default

Not really, he wanted to save America from the collective consciousness.

Attached: Eric_Sparrow.jpg (300x225, 9K)

It's retarded that the motivation is seen as the be all end all of writing. It also entirely lacks nuance as evidenced by them thinking Ozymanidas is some selfless hero when hes a megalomaniacal nutjob fueled by his own ego above anything. Also grading villains by how heroic they are is fucking stupid anyway.

Ranking villains on their motivations alone is fucking retarded. In the end the quality of the villain depends on the writer, not just that one aspect of their character.

Nah Trump's mid tier.
LBJ is shit tier. Nixon is meh tier.

No, that was the Patriot AI

>No one has mentioned Handsome Jack and his perfect utopia free of raving bandits and lunatics

Jack is a Power Hungry tyrant that loves to spout shitty memes 24/7

My god, every time I see that shit, I think what kind of insane fucking autistic guy came up with that self-important drivel and spewed it all over the world hoping to attract people who ate that shit up because they thought it was so complicated and dark and edgy but it's really just shallow, boring bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=vwCQQwPc_O0
that scene just isnt the same without the music

Well the whole point of Veidt is he's an insane self-important autist who convinces himself using overly flowery language that he's the world's savior, when in reality he's just a shallow power-tripping moron who can't see past his own ass. Watchmen as a product of its time was great, the stupidity was all the shallow edgy bullshit it ended up inspiring.

switch "tink tink tink" and "why do white people do this"

Kreia

people to this day still believe the retardation that hitler spewed, which is why adrian specifically cites hitler in this comic. retarded autists will always listen to and believe other retarded autists if they say the "right" things

>Obama
>Only did evil because of the situation he found himself in
Don't kid yourself, Obama was a corporate centrist like the rest and perpetuated offensive wars and drone strikes cause he got paid. And this is coming from a 'libtard'

This list is backwards.
Why the fuck would one want some drama queen as a villain?

COME NEREVAR

Attached: dagoth_ur_article.jpg (492x595, 69K)

bleak af

Jesus fuck I'm glad someone else on this side can see it.

You say that as though pic related isn't still one of, if not the most popular villain in pop culture.

People want more nuance in villains because they're still characters in the story. And it's not about being relatable, it's about being well written, and it's all too easy for lazy writers to make a cardboard cutout as a main villain who isn't anything more than a dude for the heroes to punch. A villain should be judged by the same metrics of any other character.

hey man he literally gave everyone free money. that was like what 100 bucks per stimulus package?

Omg y'all come look, he's different, so different come look at the different guy!

by that logic, wouldnt the elder god “villain” actually be another hero? or retroactively make the hero the villain?

I thought of this exact chart when I played through the expansion recently. He is top tier or 2nd to top tier I would guess.

Egil from Xenoblade is EG tier. Even turns the protags to his side.

Attached: 19c1d6cca171ac6bac0facd95dca92fd99cb436e_hq.jpg (467x381, 36K)

The problem with judging characters is you end up with realistic characters who get shit on for not being "nuanced" enough because people want to shove their heads in the sand and pretend straight-up assholes don't exist. Because, the villain should not be the focal point of the story. The hero should be. The character nuance of the villain should be what it needs to be to emphasize the character of the hero, without overstepping. If the villain is too interesting then it brings up the question of why the fuck the story is about the hero and not the villain.

Dagoth ain't that great of a villain, he's just good for all the memes he made.

No, because the villain is still doing evil things, even if for a noble cause. What makes them great is when their motives are understandable, without condoning or condemning.

Unfortunately, looking like a pile of junkyard shit glued together mostly negates any memorable qualities of a villain.