This game sucks!

AA1 was great but this one is so boring! Can i just skip it and start playing AA3? What do i miss?

Attached: AA2.png (1524x1370, 2.91M)

you miss one of if not the best case in the entire franchise, suck it up and play to the end

Yeah, Big Top is really fucking good OP

Attached: 1549717357459.png (512x512, 113K)

the last case is worth it imo

i'm at the start of case 3, is the final one the ''best'' one?

It gets way better, the final case is one of the best in the series. It's still the worst out of all the trilogy.
If you finish the trilogy and want more, play the other 5 games. Play the layton spinoff only if you really want to.
DGS also got a translation finished a while back.

Attached: 1555134293149.jpg (575x603, 38K)

If you skip any case of any game you're a retard that should stop the games.

I still don't get the hate pvl gets but I'm also a fan of professor layton so I already expected the wacky story.

You really want to know?
obv spoilers here
The game features a ton of extreme ethical crimes like brainwashing and basically slavery. As someone who's studied ethical experimentation procedures this should have never passed under any board, especially one run by a government. The storyteller lad and the doctor guy basically have major things getting in the way of them doing an actual unbiased experiment first of all. It should be obvious to anyone the ulterior motives behind it. Furthermore, the whole part about how witches who die literally go into magic making slavery with their memories even removed again. Sure, no one dies, but it's literally slavery. Wright and Maya basically have no reason to be there too. Eve basically just kidnaps them and erases their memories. While you could say that the townspeople agreed to all of this, Wright and Maya clearly didn't. They got high off a book. And the worst that happens is just a slap on the wrist. Sure the whole explanation for magic sucks, but even if you accept that it all falls apart quickly.
also that first fire is clearly also a crime
not that the game is bad case-wise or anything, it just has a shit plot

Attached: 1543166892845.jpg (960x960, 97K)

You miss the best game in the series, faggot. get some taste

I've always imagined that Takumi secretly hates how retarded Layton plots are so he made a backhanded attempt at showing just how ridiculous they are with the VS title

I still really enjoyed it.

Attached: AwwYeah.png (903x713, 326K)

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. But I wouldn't recommend it to someone unless they really want to play more aa after they finish.

Luckily for you, Justice for All has only 4 cases, power through it and you will my favorite case in the franchise. btw, what exactly do you find boring, I thought Pearl and mostly Franziska were good additions to the story.

I don't find the daughter of Von Karma as interesting as Edgeworth and the investigations kinda drag compared to the first game, also the music is not as good in my opinion

Does anyone else think 1-5 kind of spoils Edgeworth's return in 1-4?

I assume you meant 2-4?

Yeah, seeing Wright and Edgeworth working together and suddenly the sequel shows that Wright feels contempt and doesnt fully trust Edgeworth despite the last time they saw each other they were on good terms felt really silly to me.
Im sure he is talking about 1-5

1-5 was made in the re-release. It kind of rewrites the canon, and a couple of people that I know don't accept it in terms of the trilogy.
Edgeworth fake killing himself was originally a shame thing over 1-4 but it turned into something over 1-5 I think.

>that first fire is clearly also a crime
What do you mean?

I finished the Trilogy on PS4 yesterday and it I found it really fucking good.

What are the chances Capcom will release AAI1-2, AA4-6 and GAA1-2 on current consoles?
I, at least, hope for AA4-6 in anticipation of a new game.
I don't want to emulate them.

emulate them
The only way to play AAI2 in english is to emulate it. It was never released overseas. You CAN get AA5, AA6, and DGS on phones. I'm not sure about AAI1 and AA4.
But why would you want to play on a phone?

Very unlikely, first they need to localize Investigations 2 and GAA.

Just emulate them, the resolution isn't all that bad since most phones already had 1080p screens when they game was re-released. The interface is actually great despite being designed for mobile devises.

Attached: True.png (1467x1277, 2.17M)

you can get all the games on phones including AAI2, however the mobile version isn't translated so you'll have to emulate the DS version.

Attached: dirty pirate.png (156x254, 43K)

No don’t skip it dummy

That game is good anyway. You must be on the circus case or something. But hell I liked that one too